Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Fan Comics Café

^Maybe it's a good thing that traffic HAS slowed down here. At least the more dedicated people can be in good, committed company.

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

It's refreshing to see that even after 3 years, the webcomics that are around now are the same ones I saw back then. Some people have real dedication. Unlike me.

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Oh, hey! We started updating comics again! Keep watching my DA for new comics and be sure to comment in the Fan Comic section!

Hmmmm...I think we need to start up some sort of one off group comic project or something to celebrate the release of Pokemon Black and White.

This place is deader than Charizard in the Metagame.

I'll see if this drums up any interest before I go ahead and post the idea.

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Oh, hey! We started updating comics again! Keep watching my DA for new comics and be sure to comment in the Fan Comic section!

Yes! Absolutely! We should do something like that!

Actually, I have an idea along those lines...Basically, what you suggested with incentives, perhaps. I don't think we have enough energy to start a competition, but we could do a collaborative thread where anybody can post on a theme (Black and White). I could make some comics of my own, and reward anyone who posts with a personalized sprite. Or you could do the same thing with doodles. Or we could form a super-team and do BOTH!

Whatever works. I think the most important thing is just to stir things up a bit in here.

GR has hit the nail on the head, I think. You just have to do what you do for yourself at this point, and if anybody likes what you're doing, you treat it as a perk.

Of course, it was like this on some level when I first started here. I'd go a long time between responses sometimes. I think it was the rising success of Wisest Pikachu that gave us our initial acceleration, along with the fact that everybody here was young and unhardened by the cruel whims of comic fate. :P

Personally, I don't think this stagnancy is destined to last forever. Initial conditions were perfect for a blossoming FanComics forum, and now they're not. Perhaps they will be again. I think the future may be in our newbies: The forum worked because there was a community of people all interacting, moving between fanbases. That community has largely dispersed, for various reasons. So it's to the new, uneducated, unwashed masses that we must turn. I think that they may one day bring us into that kind of community again.

Of course, I think we ought to experiment with prodding and seeing what happens.

~MC
    For various reasons, (not least because I've grown tired of this username), I've moved my operations over to other websites. If you're interested in following my adventures as I explore and subvert the many worlds of Nintendo through prose, look for me on Archive of Our Own, Bulbagarden, or OverClocked ReMix as "Daidalos."

And if you're a fan or a comic-maker from the old days, thanks for more than five unforgettable years of community, comics, and creativity. And thanks for remembering.

Peace out.

By the way, I just wanted to let everyone know that I had Zephyr Flare unstick the Comic Academy thread. It's a wonderful concept, but Infinity wasn't there to run it (hasn't been for years) and so newbies were just coming there and getting their hopes crushed. Might have even been driving people away from the forum.

Hopefully things'll pick up again, and there'll be an Academy 3.0 run by someone who still posts here.

~MC
    For various reasons, (not least because I've grown tired of this username), I've moved my operations over to other websites. If you're interested in following my adventures as I explore and subvert the many worlds of Nintendo through prose, look for me on Archive of Our Own, Bulbagarden, or OverClocked ReMix as "Daidalos."

And if you're a fan or a comic-maker from the old days, thanks for more than five unforgettable years of community, comics, and creativity. And thanks for remembering.

Peace out.

Proving a point about dispersing, and returning, I'm back to discover I missed this idea by five days.

AoA is back updating, I hope we get more people joining and making webcomics during the Black and White era.

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Hi! I'm starting my first webcomic. Might I be that uneducated, unwashed mass-ee that you speak of? (Well, you've got the uneducated part with me. )

So, with this webcomic, I've decided to do my own art. Would any of you have any advice for this undertaking?

As for right now, when drawing the Pokemon, I'm experimenting with the art. I want my own style to come through yet ensure the Pokemon actually look like Pokemon.

Feel free to post some concept art up here for us to bestow upon you our mighty and impressive wisdom [/ego]

Only advice I have to you at the moment is; avoid a typical trainer story. It's been done a lot. If you can do one with plenty of delicious twists and turns however, that'd be awesome.

Also avoid the main Pokemon being a legendary. There's very little drama involved if the main Pokemon has the power to control the heavens.

I remember once seeing a sprite comic where a guy started with a Mew in Kanto. So many wrongs in one comic...

Still THE Ace of Abra.

No legendary characters, eh? Not that I mind, I'm not a huge fan of legendaries. I did have one tiny idea where Groudon and Kyore are rival gangsters, not sure if I'll pursue it. (It gives one an excuse to draw Groudon dressed like Al Capone, so that's a plus.) It's not the project I'm currently working on though.

But yeah, I see what you mean about little drama. Though if they were all stupid gits, perhaps a chance at comedy?

Typical trainer story? Yeah, I've seen a lot of those on SmackJeeves. I'll DEFINITLY try to avoid that. Besides, I never like focusing on the human character. Why focus on the human when you've got about 600 colorful monsters to cover?

Quote Originally Posted by themochamonster View Post

No legendary characters, eh? Not that I mind, I'm not a huge fan of legendaries. I did have one tiny idea where Groudon and Kyore are rival gangsters, not sure if I'll pursue it. (It gives one an excuse to draw Groudon dressed like Al Capone, so that's a plus.) It's not the project I'm currently working on though.
    Hey, I would like to see that a lot XD

Thanks I might consider working on that sometime, if I can figure out how to draw Groudon. And a lopunny in flapper clothes (Groudon's girlfriend. Because if he can be a gangster, why not have a tiny flapper girlfriend?)

I dont know if this is the best place to put this.
    I was just looking to see if anyone is interested in drawing a comic-like story which will be put onto youtube. It will include voices, so really it will be one frame, voices, then next frame etc.
    The storyline, characters and everything has been set out already. Just looking for some artsy hands to do the comic.
    I guess PM if interested.

Sorry if this isnt the right place for this. Just my clans bugging me to get it up and running

I've had a pretty large idea bounding around for a while, I've talked to a few friends about it, but since they're friends I don't really trust their advice (read: OH EM GEE SO AWESOME).
    The entire start of the comic was me watching the Zoroark movie and thinking to myself
    "Wow. Zoroark was awesome."
    And then I realized that Illusion could basically do anything - create solid floors, change the scenery, bring a maybe dead Zoroark back to life, etc.
    "Wow. Zoroark would've been so much cooler as a villain."
    Should I post here so I can get some unbiased critique?
    Finished shiny hunt, 500+ eggs.
    Myst is adorable.

I'm still kicking around if I should bother finishing Poke-Cadmeny Sora Michaelis. It kinda takes place during and after Pokemon XD involving the creator of the Shadow Pokemon program. Thing is-a page takes me at least 2-3 hours to draw, 2 hours to ink, and 2-3 hours to color depending on the page....and I still think it sucks
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

My comic series The Mystery Chat Zone will start soon. It'll be YouTube aired, and Subtitles will be posted below. The pictures I used were too small for text. So I used video instead.

Talking No Collar Crime

Wow, I read the rules, and I think I'm a nub among nubs!
    Horrble introduction...
    I made a Flip Comic called No Collar Crime, it's not a fan work, it's completely original, is that allowed?
    Also, I used a tiny animated GIF for the Comic, so if you want to read page by page, you need to connect your DSi to flipnote, then veiw my account...
    My username is ∞Infinity∞ if you want to look up my search commands...
    I don't think I broke a current rule, in fact, I think I may have just become the reason a new rule will have to be made...

Hello, seeing as I'm currently a "noob", as it were, I'm still unsure of the rules. I would presume the idea of this "cafe" is to discuss the fan comics we're creating/could create. Correct?

Okay, the premise of my comic is a world divided; a corrupted government that's purged any pokemon and trainers found. Cities, towns and villages are in lockdown, the replacement for the murdered officer Jennies being the Enforcers, silent soldiers with automatic machine guns. Humans can't get out, pokemon are shot on sight, and the two species are now completely divided. No-one knows why polite, friendly Prime Minister Prace has killed so many, but the streets are stained with blood.
    Now Prace has passed a new law; Proposition S. No-one knows it yet, but this law will change the lives of three pokemon forever, and change the course of the government's regime permanantly.
    This is Pokemon Justice: Proposition S.

And that, my friends, is what happens when you give me the Pokemon series and a pencil. So do let me know if you like the initial idea. I have an awful lot more plot and characters, but this gives you the basic idea...

I got a new idea. My other one didn't go as planned, so here's my new one.

Undead End Season 1: "Bin Ladin" Saga

The world is doomed. Everyone fought too much, and another Nuclear Bomb went off, or overwise known as "The Final Straw". It blew up, but when it did, it blew up more then what it should of blew up. Dr. Rydell Neonfield, the one who built it, laughed in the only place that was safe from the explosion. Everyone died, then became Zombies who followed orders of the evil Doctor. Although Rydell survived, he wasn't alone.

Two men survived, who snuck underground, and made it to the safehouse. Their names are Viotini Johnson and Maxwell Washinton. Together, they figured out the Doctor's plans, and found their way to the safehouse. Although they survived, how long will they survive under the waves of Zombies?

Rating Pending. Can someone rate this?
    Strong Language.
    If it's just Strong language (Except the "F" word), is that PG 13? Plz respond so I can know!
    Meh, working on sig...

@aurasageluke
    Very nice premise; zombies are always good!
    So long as you don't have any 2D characters, and they all have a motive, this is shaping up to be a very good idea.
    Note; The zombies can be 2D, though. ^_^ Their only motive is brains.

The sprites are Banned Story sprites. I made them myself, and saved the sprite sheets of them. The Backgrounds will hopefully be the same. Fun Fact: The zombies are as smart as the Grunts from the Halo Series. Why? To keep an originallity going Lol
    Meh, working on sig...

Okay, maybe its cause i've been away for a while, but why is the comic forum so dead?

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    Okay, maybe its cause i've been away for a while, but why is the comic forum so dead?
    Yeah, I've been away for a couple years and there's hardly anything left! (glad to see Ace of Abra still kinda around)

Me and my friend are thinking of working on a Pokemon comic, it's been years since I made one. Maybe it could liven up the place if it ever comes into fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Yeah, I've been away for a couple years and there's hardly anything left! (glad to see Ace of Abra still kinda around)

Me and my friend are thinking of working on a Pokemon comic, it's been years since I made one. Maybe it could liven up the place if it ever comes into fruition.
    I would support that.

Sprite Comics are the best. I used to make a bunch, haven't in years though. I guess their popularity died when all the creators up and moved on from the fandom. I'm not particularly sure if the current Pokemon fandom is even interested in that sort of thing.
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Sprite comics CAN be funny if you've got good enough writing. The one me and my friend want to do will be hand drawn though. We're meeting tomorrow to do some planning so things are looking good.

I used to have a fairly popular Pokemon sprite comic way back (about 5 years ago). After looking over it last night I realized how UNFUNNY it was. ;_;

Merry Christmas to all the comic artists and fans of this particular section of the Serebii Forums!

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast