Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Fan Comics Café

Hi people of the Fan Comics sub-forum ^^

I'm not a regular to this section, by no means. And it would be hard to do so since the forum is seriously dead, which we all know. About one comment a day ftw? nah.

Anyway, I propose a way to get activity into the forum.
    Comic contests.

Like, once every so often, a contest could be held with a scene as the goal. The comic people would have to take this scene and make maybe a short strip with it. Then it could be voted on, and the winner gets a thumbs up or some form of nice prize.

it was just an idea.

Feel free to expand upon it.
    and if we like the idea enough we could go to a mod and ask that it become reality
    [/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]

I'd be up for that. The only problem I can see is drumming up enough interest from the comic artists and trying to attract new comic artists.

I'm not sure what we'd have as a prize, but I'm sure someone can come up with something decent for everyone.

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Oh, hey! We started updating comics again! Keep watching my DA for new comics and be sure to comment in the Fan Comic section!

All it should take is a few well-timed bumps so people could see it, and maybe take a peek.
    Not to mention not worrying about the comic style as a whole.

For prizes, we could possibly have some sort of mixed media signature, maybe. And maybe multiple prizes.

I dunno.

And if it ever went ahead, I'm sure some people wouldn't mind advertising the contest/s in their sigs. Hopefully.
    [/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]

Bah, unless it wasn't obvious before, it doesn't look like that comic's happening anytime soon. Sorry guys.

It's unfortunate that the only relevant thread topic (For the purpose of this post) in the whole of the forum seems to have been dead for quite some time. Nonetheless, this is a sticky. I'm not too sure what bumping a sticky would entail.

Years and years ago, back in the days of old (2006, when this forum thread was thriving and alive) I had a dream: A dream of internet glory.
    That dream was, of course, skewed and idiotic. I had no grasp of forum or overall internet etiquette at the time, and posted a thread advertising a terrible animated GIF comic in a fan fiction forum. If anybody remembers what happened there before I deleted that thing, I'd like to hear. I've long since forgotten, but there were some fairly accurate zingers posted in response that I would like to see once more.

Again, however, that is not the point - In the years that followed, I honed my skills in both writing and what a distant observer would call "Art"
    (I am terrible at drawing, and henceforth gathered a commendable collection of sprites instead. Most of this time was wasted making the art look less like moldy cheese by applying fancy photos) and from then on locked myself in a concussive loop of meaninglessness, achieving criticism, but never the right criticism ("They all need to stand alone," they would say, ignoring the fact that many popular webcomics don't.)
    The point I am trying to make is thus: I have nearly seven years of work just sitting on a drive. Should I continue to better myself for the sake of myself and the better audience, or should I release the finer pieces of "Art" onto this website for the world to see in a shrewd attempt at shooting myself in the foot?

I would say no, simply because of the tendencies I had shifted towards in my years of inactivity from this place.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Wow, it's been a while. I think I might get on a new face for this or something. Update my signature etc. To be honest, I LOVED making sprite comics, the look of it all was pretty nice. Might start again just because the place is pretty dead. Furthermore, I should make myself busy while trying to make this place more interesting. I hope I can chat with some veterans along the way.
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

Yeah, it looks like this section is near dead. I've got a new comic up my sleeve that I've been working on for a bit. I'll put it up soon. Although I don't think anyone cares anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Dude View Post
    Yeah, it looks like this section is near dead. I've got a new comic up my sleeve that I've been working on for a bit. I'll put it up soon. Although I don't think anyone cares anymore.
    Yeah, it's pretty sad. Especially since I've been a member of many forums without forum presence. Or chat presence, man I must be invisible! Anyhoo, I've checked some of your work Typhlosion Dude, I hope that instead of just sprite komics we kan get spriters who make sprite comics to keep this place interesting. Good luck!
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

Quote Originally Posted by LGameboyR View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty sad. Especially since I've been a member of many forums without forum presence. Or chat presence, man I must be invisible! Anyhoo, I've checked some of your work Typhlosion Dude, I hope that instead of just sprite komics we kan get spriters who make sprite comics to keep this place interesting. Good luck!
    My old stuff is really weak in terms of quality and story/world building. This new comic is, in my opinion, what Pokemon World Trainers was supposed to be as far as the criteria I listed go. I want to put it out soon (I have the first 17 pages done), however I'm looking at getting past this one chapter before I start doing weekly updates. Expect it out in a few weeks, possibly February. Thanks for showing interest. Also, note that it will say "made by MJM" or "Mime Jr Master", depending on what site I use to host it. That is my other moniker; I use that more than I do this one.

This place really is dead, isn't it?

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Zero Nexus- Yes, it is very dead. =< I feel like I'm the only one who posts in the comic section (as a comic maker, not as a reader). I should see if any of my buddies would be willing to post up comics here. xD It's kinda sad how empty this part of the forum is.

This is my first comic so i wanna see whhat you guys think!

Claimed EmolgaAS TeamAsk.fm
    #1 Emolga Fan!

It's not dead! ;3; Can I suggest a topic?

What Pokemon Fan comics online are your inspirations? Also I'm going to start uploading my PMD Digital Web Comic up here if that's cool.

I have in idea for a comic...posting it on the other hand will be an issue. If I go standard comic size...al ha 20ish pages, how would one upload it to here? Separate posts? I mean, that would skew the post count...not my thing to be honest. Plus it would be a monthly. Don't want to start a fight. Just play by the rules because I don't want to get stuffed into a suit. (sorry, that last bit I couldn't resist)
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920