Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Comics Café

Im not that good enough of an opinion giver but yeah making a Journey comic is hard, and some readers just ignore it all together, your gonna have to work on a way to get readers & keep them. But on another note Nashie, your links are all bad. But I just wanna know how my new project will turn out, & I need to make a Pokemon version Hyrule map...any advise to make this easier? Cuz I don't have alot of working time these days...
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

Links are bad? how do you mean? What do you mean?

Anyway, I'm starting to edit some maps and make custom sprites and the like. Does anyone know of any places where I could find comic tutorials that help with the plot? Cos I'm making a comedy genre comic but I wanted to know what sort of jokes are overused and stuff like that. Anyone know a place where I could find stuff like that?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nashie1 View Post
    Links are bad? how do you mean? What do you mean?
    Your URL is wrong, one of them just sends me to the forums main page...
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

Hey everyone, if anyone remembers me. (Hehe, these emoticons are cute!)

I never did complete a Pokemon comic for show here... but I think I would still like to try. :3 My interest in Pokemon has been rekindled lately, and with D/P coming out dangerously soon, I'm getting dangerously involved (read: going to NYC with Shizuru for little reason other than Pokemon launch party at Nintendo World Store).

Sorry if this seems kind of pointless, but it's just kind of a heads-up from me. ^^ I might also finish a short Mystery Dungeon 4-panel comic I was making a while back.

Oh yeah, and I like to hand-draw my stuffs.

Ok, I need some advice.

I've always used to have no problem with making comics (even though I was a stubbourn noob who stole things, aswell as mispelled alot). But I've been in a rut for the better part of a year now and it's ticking me off..

I have had an idea for a comic for awhile now

Spoiler:- Don't steal and everybody will be happy:

I'd like your views on my idea. I already sprited the main trio of the comic.

But anyway I need advice on how to make comics funny. During my rut I wrote dramatic fic's instead of comics and with that, I seem to have lost my ability to make things funny.

Any advice on how to make comics funny?
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Just basically make fun of the characters & where you fall short of the comic: quality, spelling, things you don't do etc. & put personality in it...
    but I made my new comics intro page, I wanna know what you guys think

I'm thinking about making a comedic webcomic based off the malarkey of MMORPGs as a whole and the concepts thereof (no specific games. Not too often, anyway). I know not a one of you are even remotely funny, but Hell. Give me some ideas if you have any. I have some, I just need more.

Just basically make fun of the characters & where you fall short of the comic: quality, spelling, things you don't do etc. & put personality in it...
    but I made my new comics intro page, I wanna know what you guys think
    I think it looks pretty good. I like how your sprites look original! Just keep in mind that there are quite a few Pokémon/Zelda crossover comics out there. Be sure to be original, and everything will be ok! ^_^

I'm just curious though, why do you referr to 'another Pokemonworld', if it's going to be about Hyrule?

I'm thinking about making a comedic webcomic based off the malarkey of MMORPGs as a whole and the concepts thereof (no specific games. Not too often, anyway). I know not a one of you are even remotely funny, but Hell. Give me some ideas if you have any. I have some, I just need more.
    If you really want to write about MMORPGs I would reccommend reading a few other webcomics about them. They might give you some ideas. There's The Noob about... well, a noob and you could also check out Goblins, which centres around the idea that the generic evil mobs in MMORPG are really just people too.

Which I guess brings me to my own comic. Since everybody seems to be presenting ideas, or comics they already made, I thought I might as well present my own comic. It's called Stuff of Legend and it's about a former Pokémon champion who is being stalked by a rather inexperienced trainer who wants to battle her all the time (in order to become the stuff of legend one day). Unfortunately, he's not the only one...

I want to make it both epic and funny at the same time. I would like some feedback, but unfortunately the SPP thread I made earlier... died a bit... It's dangling somewhere on page two I think. I'm not too worried about it being dead, but it was the only source of feedback I had. And most of that feedback consisted of posts saying 'WOW, You're good! Don't stop!!'.

Well, I wasn't planning on stopping at all, 'cause I'm having too much fun. I'll admit that I'm using SoL to learn how to make good comics. So I'm bound to make mistakes. It's my first real comic. I know there doesn't seem to be much of a storyline right now, and chapter 1 probably dragged on a bit, but I'd just like to ask you guys what your thoughts are.

Rest assured, I DO have a storyline thought out, it's just that I don't know if I want to spill it right now. Would it spoil the story?

Stuff of Legend: a Pokémon webcomic. Updated every Saturday. http://www.blue-uncia.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I think it looks pretty good. I like how your sprites look original! Just keep in mind that there are quite a few Pokémon/Zelda crossover comics out there. Be sure to be original, and everything will be ok! ^_^

I'm just curious though, why do you referr to 'another Pokemonworld', if it's going to be about Hyrule?
    Well its not really a crossover, more of a expansion for my comic. Im just using Hyrules world & culture for a storyline, and I really wanna see how far I can go with it. And in the storyline its far from Kyodon, which is nearly beside Orre...I need to make ALOT of sprites! T_T

I need some help. =Z

I can sprite, I can create stroy lines, but ,I when it comes to punch lines and jokes, I run up short. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Milotic View Post
    I need some help. =Z

I can sprite, I can create stroy lines, but ,I when it comes to punch lines and jokes, I run up short. Any advice?
    I have the same exact problem :P

LGameBoyR gave me some advice

I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't find it all to helpful.
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Hey guys, it's montblancerk. I haven't done any comics in a while, due to my wii taking lots of my time. I also have been kinda depressed about my comics because even though they're decent quality nobody ever replies and they die(even with constant updates) so I gave up on SPP's forums.

Anyways, I've decided that since I've not had a lot of homework recently, I would give the forums another chance and invest in another comic. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for sprite styles. I'm sick of PKMN overworld and I want to move on. Both M+L and Megaman 7 style look cool, but I want some suggestions.

Stuff above made by myself
    Check out my comic Lucifer's Nephew (Please!)
    "Rolling Foothills, Soaring Windmills, TEN DOLLAR BILLS!"-The Flexibles(my brother's band). Listen to them at theflexibles.bebo.com!

Nevermind, I was up late lat night splicing trainer sprites, and i got some good results that pushed me into making a new comic. True, it will be a journey, but not threough any region you have seen before. No generic or already sprites. I will be using the trainer poses, opposed to the RPG moving sprites. The backrounds will be sprited from hand, so nothing to fancy. New gyms, new heroes, new everything.. A couple of characters that I am proud of that I made is below:

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone2356 View Post
    XD lol! Im sorry, Im new to advice giving....all I can say is think alot about the little things of characters in your comic &...make...fun...of them....deja vu....I think I said that....-_-' Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone2356 View Post
    I have the same exact problem :P

LGameBoyR gave me some advice

Hmmm, it's pretty hard to make good jokes. I'm not sure if it's really something you can LEARN, like say the way you would learn to ride a bike. All I can say is read what other people do to see what works. This should (it does so for me) inspire you too, but don't steal other people's jokes. Readers WILL notice.

You have to decide what kind of jokes you want to make. Slapstick (like when someone falls on his or her face) or intelligent wordplays? Stuff like that. You have to make sure your jokes aren't lame (or overused by others) or require too much thought. It's a balancing act really. What LGameboyR said is not such bad advice. You could try making a little fun of your character, or throw in some ironic remarks about the weirdness that is the world of Pokémon.

I can't really make it clear, but then people can't really even difine what a sense of humor really IS. All I can say is, read other people's work and see what works and what does not work.
    If you're looking for a place to start, go to my website (link below in signature) and check out the Links Page. Go to PokémonX. Many kinds of humor there! See if there is anything you like.

Stuff of Legend: a Pokémon webcomic. Updated every Saturday. http://www.blue-uncia.nl

Comedy is tricky. It's not as hard as making a drama, since it's the only genre in which you can cover up your tracks without looking like an idiot, but it isn't an easy thing to master either. There are two things you should always consider that most people forget:

1. Comedy is a skill. You need to practice at it to streamline your mind to make the funniest jokes and the best comical situations. Just like how no one is good at baseball when they first begin and are sitll learning the rules and terminology, nobody's first comedy is ever their best work. They, too, need to learn the rules: What's funny, what's lame, and when you've crossed the line and begun scaring people. You need experience in what jokes have been told too many times so you can avoid them, as well as what seems to get your audience going so you can keep it up and establish your own style.

2. Comedy is subjective. Different people find different things funny. As an example, I do not find Family Guy funny, but a lot of people do, and I know why they do. When you're actually writing comedy, this means that you need to know who your target audience is and what it takes to get them to have fun reading your story. You wouldn't use the same jokes for a story told to your group of friends than you would to an English professor. (Unless your friends are English professors, in which case you shouldn't need this advice.) Similarly, you shouldn't make jokes that only a few people will find funny. All good jokes are grounded in public knowledge.

I can explain more if you like...Also, this might be a pretty big read, but it explains extremely well what NOT to write: Uncyclopedia: How to Be Funny and Not Just Stupid.

Question

ive been away for a while and im wondering what happened to broken waffles.
    It was one of the best comics

And the lati's files, though i am not a fan, was extremely popular too
    what happened to them?

Proud Member of the Death Note Fanclub
    Credit to:
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~ (for the banner)
    Mewmie the shiny mew (for the art)

Eep.. I'm embarrassed :< Sorta dropped waffles cause I was rushing too much and then regretted it...

I really actually want to continue, but I feel like it's all gotta be remade.. Would it be okay not to continue in that.. undetermined number of vertical panels format? Also sorta wanted to get away from the cheap gag sorta thing and do some.. crummy story stuff x_x; Though I don't know how to work different panels or.. how to drawl more regular-sized people poses ^^;

omg pogeys

finally finished my pokedex on Pearl :3 (cept Arceus..)
    thanks everyone who helped!!

I know my last comic was kind of dead. So, I plan to make a new comic. I have been planning this since last week. So, I know that the plot has never been done on the Fan-Comics site. If it has been and it was unsuccessful, I will make sure that this one is successful. It's called Pokemon Rangers. Here's the plot:

Ten thousand years ago, the battle of Kanto was faced against the vicious King Zing and the legendary Zapdos for the land of Kanto. Five knights of Fire, Earth, Air, Water and Lightning put the evil sinister Zinger away for good. However, in the present day, he escapes to finish what he started. So, with the help of Professor Oak, five trainers that are going on a Pokemon Journey, also have another task: TO SAVE THE WORLD AND become the Pokemon Rangers.

I have the characters made and the plot ready, so I hope you get to see this.
    My Silver Team:

(25) (24) (23) (23)
    Other Teams TBA

Hey SPPF Comicers!

I'm returning back into the comic world soon (After a year of ficcing and hacking). My comic is going to be a rehaul of my once succesful journey comic POKEMON KD (Which was like the best journey comic over on PC. Just kidding, I think -_-).

It's not your garden variety snuff journey. All elements of boring journey comics are gone (Badges, Rivals and an incompetent evil team), it will have the same characters from KD, plus all the elements - plot twists, maturity (Comic is rated PG-13), and of course Shadow Pokemon.

Well anyway, expect it in the coming weeks.
    Pokémon KD (Kanto Dimension) is located at a Fan Comics forum. Updates (whe)never.

[IMG]http://i13.*******.com/868hxts.png[/IMG]

Click the banner to go to the thread. Banner Credits to Coronis and Pe2k.

I need help with my comic. I am trying to make a pokemon comic with the overworld sprites of the G/S hero i found. I cant set it in jhoto for obvious reasons. I want the story to be something around the idea of the hero not being able to travel around jhoto and has to go somewhere else. I want the story to stick true to the hero being from jhoto and for this to be the start of the heroes adventure.

Any suggestions?

Meet my shiny Sceptile

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell us about the story. Let me get this straight: The hero is from Johto, is stuck outside its borders, and isn't allowed to travel? Or is the hero exiled for some reason (which isn't "obvious")?

Default What kKnd of Journey Appeals to you?

Ok, say a person walks up to you and says, "What would you like to see in a Jounrey Comic?", how would you reply?
    What would you like to see in a new Journey comic?

Never mind about my comic ive made my mind up about it.

Thanks any way

Meet my shiny Sceptile

Default Speaking of Comics....

I finished revamping the Pokemon GX pages for my new comics intro. I originaly was not going to show this until I made the thread, but I wanna make sure I get this right.
    Heres the pages and there old versions too:
    Cover: Old; New
    Pg 1 Old; New
    Pg 2 Old; Never made one, I had already revamped it!
    Pg 3 Old; New
    Pg 4 Old; New
    Pg 5 Old; New
    Pg 6 Old; New
    Also, the first page of the new comics chapter
    Page 1
    Tell me what you think...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast