Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Comics Café

yes where is the love when it comes to comics I put love into mine as well as thought I really think people should put more effort but again we shouldn't be an elite society and lock out other amateurs from posting their comics so its sort of difficult to control them
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

I'm not saying we block out everyone from making comics like elitists, we just need a way to make them put in the mental and physical effort that we know they're capable of.

WiFi trade status: currently cloning in preparation for D/P release (DEATH TO THE METAGAME!!! >83)
    specials: legit Mew, Celebi, 1st/2nd/3rd gen legends (minus Jirachi, Ho-oh, Lugia)

I make comics for fun, as a lot of people would say.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO GOHAN
    2. I KNOW SPRITE COMICS CAN BE DONE GOOD. but here, the vast majority is CRAP ON A STICK. AND THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY. almost no thought is put into what the comic is going to be about. (tie in to number one) sprites are thrown hap-hazard over the panels with cheap MS paint lines to represent effects that I'm SURE could be replicated much better in other programs, then c&p'd into the comic. speech bubbles, panels, AND SOMETIMES BACKGROUNDS have a tendency here to look like a total retard made them. AND I'M ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THESE PEOPLE AREN'T RETARDS IN REAL LIFE. SO WHY CAN'T THEY PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THIS???
    I made horrible comics when I was like 11, when I joined Serebiiforums. In that moment, I didn't have enough knowledge to make shading or stuffs like that. I dunno, maybe people was naive to the effortness of the comics?

At least they get better at it, like I did.

Click here to check out my fan game based on Serebiiforums!
    Currently open for sign-ups if you want to join as an NPC in the game project.

Quote Originally Posted by Spi Jirachi
    I make comics for fun, as a lot of people would say.

I made horrible comics when I was like 11, when I joined Serebiiforums. In that moment, I didn't have enough knowledge to make shading or stuffs like that. I dunno, maybe people was naive to the effortness of the comics?

At least they get better at it, like I did.
    same with me the trailer of HMM was horrible so I cut it out and simply explained it rest of the comics were crappy until I got some more experience when working with paint I think I'll update them sometime in the second season or when I run out of ideas my spriting has also improved when the veiwers look at the first ones they look on how I improve and always yell at me for not updating my comics -_-

Let's try to talk about something a bit more, uh friendly.

What combination of programs do some of you use to create comics?
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

Ah! my friend its purely done on Paint probably because thats all I can afford I know that the effects are a little "cartoony" but I guess it will do. I hope I can get some more programs later though I pretty much mastered paint. It took a long time to do even after my comic was debuted I still had a long ways to go but after experience I pretty much learned all the functions it has to offer and how to use them properly but I managed. My spriting I noticed improved as well I usually now am not too rushed as I am now and will probably get to the older ones but they are tolerable for right now (I did however touched some of them up ever so slightly).

Paint, mostly. But for effects, Photoshop. The Gaussian Blur is my friend.
    For various reasons, (not least because I've grown tired of this username), I've moved my operations over to other websites. If you're interested in following my adventures as I explore and subvert the many worlds of Nintendo through prose, look for me on Archive of Our Own, Bulbagarden, or OverClocked ReMix as "Daidalos."

And if you're a fan or a comic-maker from the old days, thanks for more than five unforgettable years of community, comics, and creativity. And thanks for remembering.

Peace out.

Paint, mostly. (Paint is my friend, especially for spriting ^_^.) But I use Paint Shop Pro X for other effects. Once I get more maps done, I'm going to begin a comic of my own (i.e. I have to work on Johto since I can't seem to find the thread that had revamped Johto maps and I'm not sure if the person will let us use them, and I'm going to work on my two fake regions.).
    Last edited by Lunachu; 8th August 2006 at 1:56 AM.

Click Zapper to go to my old request shop in case you had requested something and you need it finished. I'm sure Zapper won't mind taking you there.
    -Note: I may or may not do requests here anymore... I haven't been coming to the forum to post exactly...

This is Annie, my Furret.
    Current level: lv24
    You can give her chocolate if you want. Rare candies work too. But she likes chocolate best.

Annie loves chocolate ^_^.
    Chocolates/Rare Candies given: 11

I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
    Ah! my friend its purely done on Paint probably because thats all I can afford I know that the effects are a little "cartoony" but I guess it will do. I hope I can get some more programs later though I pretty much mastered paint. It took a long time to do even after my comic was debuted I still had a long ways to go but after experience I pretty much learned all the functions it has to offer and how to use them properly but I managed. My spriting I noticed improved as well I usually now am not too rushed as I am now and will probably get to the older ones but they are tolerable for right now (I did however touched some of them up ever so slightly).
    You know, you could try GIMP, which is free to use gimp.org
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

GIMP is free? Didn't know that, anywho I just use MSPaint for all my comic making needs. I could use the photoshop my sister got, but i'm to lazy to learn how to use it.
    DO A BARREL ROLL! Click to go to my comic.

SecretMew is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

MS Paint, and that can be seen on my poor background quality of my comic <<;. Photoshop is just quite too expensive for me... I like how MS Paint is so easy to use, but Photoshop would be brilliant for making real looking backgrounds.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that I have Gimp too, but haven't used it very much "only to change colors to black and white etc..."
    Last edited by SecretMew; 9th August 2006 at 11:00 AM.

Yeah, thank God for the GIMP. It's my bread and butter, aside from pencil and paper, of course. Inkscape looks interesting, too, but I'm really too lazy to teach myself how to use it.
    And yeah, I guess I use Paint from time to time, for layouts and such.

Thanks Infinity-san I'll see I guess I can experiment and you never know the special effect may not be half bad! GIMP looks like a good program too!

I have made all my comics with paint since I can't buy Photoshop...Maybe I should check out that GIMP program.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hyuu
    The first, the one I've had more time to think about, will revolve around Ivan Blues, an introverted boy going to Metapod Boarding School, for high school level students. Metapod High is generally regarded as weak, with a few apples of exceptions. Because of its weak status, the Kanto Elites have decided to use it to experiment with projects. The most recent, Project LPE: Literal Pokemon Education, makes the principle assign Pokemon as teachers, insuring insanity. But Ivan, with the unique ability to communicate with Pokemon and a load of potential, may just change everything for this bottom tier school...
    May revolve around antics of the students and teacher, or may revolve around tournaments surrounding the 150 original schools of Kanto. If it does revolve around tournaments, than I'll try to make the battles interesting... otherwise focus on intimidation and relationships with other teams instead =3

The other idea I had would focus on trying to find the history of Zangoose/Seviper animosity towards one another. Inside an isolated forest, Zangoose and Sevipers roam and constantly battle, continuing the age old war. However, one Zangoose's interest in her history awakens and so she roams around the forest, looking for clues...
    I like the general idea of this story better... however, I need to make a past for Zangoose/Seviper and I'm still stuck on that part xD
    I like the second idea more, the first one is good to, but it just fades to the background when I see idea 2. If either one of those ideas turns into a comic, it'll be one I will read for sure.

I've always used paint. Things like Photoshop (which I have) and Gimp have a lot of things that seem good, but don't really have any use for me. Besides, I don't have to make backgrounds or anything.

Default WoW comic

Well I had an idea, but i needed help with the whole "making it work." So you know, its a World of Warcraft idea, featuring the two new races, and only the two new races. For more info on then, click the following links for each one ^^.

Draenei
    Blood Elves

The comic plot:

A young Draenei shaman is fighting against a pack of some random monster when he ehars a female voice moaning and pleading for help. Charging into the forest, he finds a critically wounded Blood Elf.....

The story talks about her message, how she was attacked by a bandit group know as the "Frozen Firewalkers." The tale turns from her to him, working together and trying to get over their prejudice for one and another, as they go deeper into a plot that is bigger than the both of them....
    .::Currenly working on Pirates of the Carribean: The Voodoo King's Eye mates, the banner's commin soon Savvy?::.

Friends with Brezzy, GM(cause God knows I can't spell his name right), and Votex.

And my best friend Traz (or however the person who I am thinking of's username is, it may be this and It may be not, all I know is that her username has a T in it, much like her real name mates, did yall get that?

Teh best friends ever

Have you all been missing me? Daaaaaw.

Anyway, I use Flash and Paint. Photoshop for coloring.

DeviantART || Twitter || FurAffinity || Outlaw by me

Hello there.

I use Paint to place the comics, set the sprites, and stuffs for the effects is what photoshop is for. Photoshop to make craquelare is great for making rocks and ground. So Photoshop can make great backgrounds too.

I'm glad I finished my extremely big Indepdence special, now I can chill. Phew. 0.0

Click here to check out my fan game based on Serebiiforums!
    Currently open for sign-ups if you want to join as an NPC in the game project.

Hey guys, im back from hawaii. Doubt anyone missed me though.

Anyway, I use paint to make my comics.
    Bringing the Mushroom Kingdom to SPPf

Mushroom valley Forums
    Current stats-34 members

Whatever happened to P-man? he was actually a cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by +Erin+ View Post
    Whatever happened to P-man? he was actually a cool guy.
    That name rings a bell... I think he was a jerk, if I'm thinking of the correct person. I disliked him greatly. He was one of my spastic critics, I believe. I have no idea what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    That name rings a bell... I think he was a jerk, if I'm thinking of the correct person. I disliked him greatly. He was one of my spastic critics, I believe. I have no idea what happened to him.
    He was too much of a 'MR.I know everything' but he was actually a cool guy if you get to know him, btw what ever hapened to davis? i loved his shiny man serries.

Quote Originally Posted by +Erin+ View Post
    He was too much of a 'MR.I know everything' but he was actually a cool guy if you get to know him, btw what ever hapened to davis? i loved his shiny man serries.
    Davis got banned over some squabbles with another member of this forum, unfortunately

Just out of curiosity, what are your favorite styles of drawn comics? I'm looking into means of pleasing people when I do return with my drawn comic, but i want to make a leap in the right direction... Manga, American comic book style, etc. What style(s) do you prefer?
    DeviantArt Account

hmm, I don't really have a preference with drawing style, anything that fits is ok with me. I don't really have a panel-layout preference either, but if it's the japanese-manga-backwards layout, (or maybe they're forwards and WE're just backwards d8 I'm so confoosed...) I usually need a reminder which way to read it.

WiFi trade status: currently cloning in preparation for D/P release (DEATH TO THE METAGAME!!! >83)
    specials: legit Mew, Celebi, 1st/2nd/3rd gen legends (minus Jirachi, Ho-oh, Lugia)

I personally don't have much preference in style, but I do like to read comics that don't come off as too ugly. For example, some people would draw characters with really big lips or something, and that just makes me cringe. I much prefer a more relaxed style like that of El Goonish Shive.
    For various reasons, (not least because I've grown tired of this username), I've moved my operations over to other websites. If you're interested in following my adventures as I explore and subvert the many worlds of Nintendo through prose, look for me on Archive of Our Own, Bulbagarden, or OverClocked ReMix as "Daidalos."

And if you're a fan or a comic-maker from the old days, thanks for more than five unforgettable years of community, comics, and creativity. And thanks for remembering.

Peace out.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast