Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Comics Café

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Davis got banned over some squabbles with another member of this forum, unfortunately

Just out of curiosity, what are your favorite styles of drawn comics? I'm looking into means of pleasing people when I do return with my drawn comic, but i want to make a leap in the right direction... Manga, American comic book style, etc. What style(s) do you prefer?
    Beats me? I never done a hand drawn comic before, I'm working on one right now.

Well I like Manga style, but It's just a little too serious, maybe with a little american comic coolness you could lightn' it up.
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

El Goonish Shive? Thanks for showing me that. Furries, questional moments, aliens (well... not really)? I am loving this comic style and how in depth it is. It's adding a +1 to my inspirational stats too.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

I used to draw comics though I switched to spriting though I like anime styled and such especially the ones that have spazzy hyper cutesy expressions witch is more flexible than putting them on overworlds I'm glad that D/P overworlds have mouths though. My writing is bad anyways
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

Well... I guess It'll Be time to Make my Prolific return to Comic Making One day. I've been spriting a Bit and Im stumped for Ideas. I don't particularly want to do a Generic, But I want to do somehting.

Well I'll be startin my my new comic soon: Jungle Boy & Smartpoke I just wanna know how you like the plot: A stranded kid gets stuck on a Very distant Pokemon Island & Finds a Geniuos Slowpoke befriends him & becomes a Jungle Boy, where they explore & meet new Pokemon, Time: Future (Pokemon GX time) genre: Comedy(I hope) Style: Sprite & Paint Drawn. Whatcha think
    [CENTER]Thanks to Dark Latios for the Trainer Card & the Gameboy Advance was done by me.

Quote Originally Posted by LGameboyR View Post
    Well I'll be startin my my new comic soon: Jungle Boy & Smartpoke I just wanna know how you like the plot: A stranded kid gets stuck on a Very distant Pokemon Island & Finds a Geniuos Slowpoke befriends him & becomes a Jungle Boy, where they explore & meet new Pokemon, Time: Future (Pokemon GX time) genre: Comedy(I hope) Style: Sprite & Paint Drawn. Whatcha think
    Sprites, huh? Would they be a custom style or not? The rest seem fine, but I'd give anyone more credit if theywere to attempt to hand draw and CG their stuff.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Sprites, huh? Would they be a custom style or not? The rest seem fine, but I'd give anyone more credit if theywere to attempt to hand draw and CG their stuff.
    Sort of The Pokemon might not be though, But some of the stuff could be to much for the current sprites & I might have to make them...I tried to put up my Sonic genre comic but my baby Niece crumpled some pages up & Is hard to see

i have an idea for a new comic

Name:Pokemon Legendary War
    Plot:The main character of said story will read about a legend which will be made up in the making of this comic, and he will go out to see if this legend is true. he then starts a war between pokemon and humans not on perpise though and then he becomes the first pokemon human hybrid being able to change in to pokemon then human or humon. then he spills his power in to the humans side almost killing the pokemon race and that is all i can tell you at this moment but if you would like to help me out with this comic pm me becasue i have been have tourble making up characters.
    Form:Send spirtes,send description of your person and what pokemon he/she can transform in to.

PM ME IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA AND/OR WOULD LIKE TO HELP

Ok i just had an idea for a collab 10 people only.
    just make a super good comic send me via pm and your in.
    also answear these:

1. Your name
    2. how long have you been doing comics
    3. known for__________.

And i'l do the magic in flash like buttons/filters/optimazation etc.
    and it will look like this http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dsadasdla5.swf but of course this is just a demonstration.
    Last edited by +Erin+; 23rd August 2006 at 12:42 AM.

anybody think my idea is good?

Quote Originally Posted by fallinroxas View Post
    anybody think my idea is good?
    Its good I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by halowarrior_v1 View Post
    I want to start a comic, but I dont have any ideas
    Okay, what do you want to do specifically? (Please say drawing)
    DeviantArt Account

Well sprighting, but you can tell me your idea anyway.

Im not really a good drawer

Well, I've finally got GIMP and I think that my effects will improve greatly but the only major concern is that I'm just not used to it!

Its nothing like MS paint which I'm so comfterble with and I've basically mastered over the course of 5 months.
    I've suddenly just slipped after playing with it I started to sort of realized the complexity of the program and I'm beginning to think that its not worth it.
    I don't know how to expand and shrink the campus to a nice and big level and then shinking it back (it uses these complex measurements which makes it worse for me while in paint it isn't a big deal).
    Changing and editing the colors are making it a harder job too and its frustrating me. I've heard that GIMP is such a wonderful tool but it might just be too powerful for someone like me who mastered paint to manipulate.

I'm pretty sure Infinity is experienced with GIMP, so ask him for help! I wish you well in your endeavors!

Gimp is no good there's so many evil gradients that makes n00bs look like Gods use photoshop.

Thank you, blueguy. GIMP rocks, although it sucks to sprite with.

Like all things you need to learn how to use it before you will be able to make it's usage second nature. my suggestion is to seek out tutorials and the like. if you really want to go about finding out how it works PM me and I'll teach you a lot.
    DeviantArt Account

I like it here it's a Cafe like in my comic.
    oh can people please tell me how to make my comic better.

^click for my comic^

Who wants to be a
    Pokemon Master?
    ^Click for Comic^

Its a fresh Idea, we need more Pokemon comics with basic jobs it'll livin up the board. I like it, but its some spelling issues

ya...I'm bad about the spelling even in school I barlly hold a C-

Who wants to be a
    Pokemon Master?
    ^Click for Comic^

If anyone wants to draw comics, but aren't even as good as pathetic ol' me I will personally teach them.

I am out to prove with determination you can go to drawing comics. I've been training for about an entire year just to prove my point.

Later in the month I will be making a comic featuring Krystal, the sexy blue vixen of Starfox fame. I'll pretty much make fun of stuff in the games and her fanboys, in a rather playful manner though.

So yeah, this is Infinity and all that he wrote...
    DeviantArt Account

I am this close to just flat out leaving here altogether.
    I posted a new comic. Obviously, it blows every jorney comic away because of its awesomeness, and yet, those are the ones that get the attention. Most of it is negative, mind you, but regardless. What an absolute surprise this is. Sprited journey comics get all the priase, while, within 5 hours, I only get views. And about 16 of them, too. This is, like, a neverending thing for me.

you know what Clockworkz you made a valid point once again journey comics are a huge probelm here and I am even dealing with it too. Popular comics are spammed up while the not so popular comics are left in the dust with a short comment once in a while. The journey comics of course just keep coming.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast