45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Animal Crossing Wild World

31 68.89%
  • Metroid Prime Hunters

14 31.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: okay heres the deal

Default okay heres the deal

Sunday for my birthday party I got a nintendo DS lite (woohoo!) with no game...
    So the next day I went down to the mall and burned a hole in my poket and spent all 50 of my b-day money, I got New Super Mario Bros., A DS lite case, and the screen protectors...Now I got 40$ more from two of my aunts and I cant decide which wi-fi game to get, its between the following two

Animal Crossing Wild World -or- Metroid Prime Hunters

So, could people who have experienced with these games please help me pick one before the weekend is over? thanks
    name: Aurora
    FC: 4168 3610 5392

I will say ACWW, not because of its Wi-Fi value, but also of its offline value. MPH also has lots of errors that might frustrate those new to Wi-Fi.

MPH, because ACWW slowly will get really boring. MPH, just has the massive replay value that I like, and besides, I like to see who'd be better at one thing or another, and the WiFi is sensational, its perfect.
    Infrequent user. Drop me a PM if you'd like to speak with me for whatever reason.

Before you ask, no, I am not DeoxysPrime from YouTube.

The only problem with MPH however, is that for replay value, you need Wi-Fi. If you are a very busy person, you will not feel the full replay value of MPH. The other thing is that on Wi-Fi, errors are abudant, and then right now it is full of DCers. Unless you are devoted to finding active SPPf member to play with you, it could be a major problem.

In this case, I'd say your ability to connect to the Nintendo Wifi Connection and your personal preferences would be the deciding factors here.

Do you like first person shooters, and intense matches spanning a large number of arenas? Is a good single player campaign unimportant when compared to the vast reply value of fighting via Wifi? Then get MPH.

Or do you like more of a life sim, where you can create a town and home all your own, laden with neighbors and even gamers if you can connect online and exchange friend codes. Then get AC:WW.

Personally, I really enjoyed both games, but MPH I've played longer, and still play, so I'd pick it over Animal Crossing.
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

well, youve all helped me, I think today I might be going to thhe mall to get a game, but I am still undecided, I like first-person shooter games, but I also like to make my own world with friends, and neighbors. I think I would go with a first-person shooter game because I have always liked the tomb raider series and that has alot of first-person shooting in it too...hmmm which sould I pick...

this is harder then I thought it would be...

ummm has anyone tried the game lost magic?
    Last edited by Pokemon trainer Jeremy; 21st June 2006 at 4:19 PM.

no question ACWW because its fun off or online my favourite game in fact i have MPH but the story mode dont last long and if you wanna play wifi its annoying because when your just starting you play people who have had the game a while and get owned its frurstrating

Hmmm, now I really see myself getting AC:WW...It seems alot better them MPH

Another advice:

If you want both, get ACWW first. It long replay value should last long enough until you get enough for MPH. And if you want to save money, a used ACWW might save $5-10.

naaa, thanks for the idea but I buy all my games new...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Jeremy
    naaa, thanks for the idea but I buy all my games new...
    Nah about getting ACWW used, or getting ACWW first?

nah about getting it used, yes to getting it first

trust me ACWW hasnt got broing yet i play it every day since like april for hours a day its so fun

yeah i've played acww since march and still play the game
    My FC:3522 8835 2449
    working on
    nothing
    Current Record 6 Wins 1 Loss

Hmmm I really do think now that I will get ACWW, it seems really cool and adicting

I've lost almost all intrest in acww, it easily loses fun, trust me, if you have WiFi, MPH is more than the good choice.

MPH:
    Can you imagine being in the heat of battle with low health and making a comeback, this game has over 7 modes on Local games or Friends and Rivals mode, and has 26 stages to choose from, 9 different weapons, and all different Alt forms, and has a versus CPU mode! You can snipe, and almost everything else a online FPS needs really, this game is Waaaayy better than ACWW...
    Infrequent user. Drop me a PM if you'd like to speak with me for whatever reason.

Before you ask, no, I am not DeoxysPrime from YouTube.

awww crap now I cant decide which to choose, grr

Deoxys Prime, you forgot the fact that MPH relies on Wi-Fi, and with the exceptions to SPPf members (well, most of them), playing random people are not good, and since they are mostly DCers, you will rarely get a 7-match, 7-kill game over with.

ACWW on the other hand was great offline and online value. Also, if you hack () you will lose interest quickly like someone else did.

awww CRAP, I just HAD to borrow my cousins Mario Kart DS and now I cant decide between ACWW and MK, grrr why'd I have to go and borrow it...grrr

i still say ACWW MK is good but AC is better

I personally can't stand any animal crossing game, and I've been playing mkds since it came out, so I'm very biased toward mkds. However, unless you plan to get good at the game, and participate in wifi tourneys or competitive time trial (yes, there are sites for that), I wouldn't suggest it. The Grand Prix races aren't particulary interesting, and the missions aren't particulary fufilling imo.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/hwzg5f.png[/IMG]
    This awesome banner was made by Drayano
    Smogon|Battle Mountain
    Galbadia Hotel - a free video game music/manga/other junk download site

Chain sigs suck. If you believe this DON'T copy and paste this into your signature.

I'd go with Metroid Prime Hunters all the way. It has a good plotline to the game, and for Wi-Fi you can go head-on against other people using the hunters that you want and if you are lucky, in an arena you want.
    -Dragetre

I have all three, heres my views;

Mario Kart; Very good fun, lots to do on and offline, Long replay value with time trials and ratings etc, i have owned since xmas and still play it.

Metroid; Good fun, can cramp your hands on old ds, frustrating single player, but online and using bots on multiplayer is fun... I play it occasionally.

ACWW; I loved it. Now i feel it is tedious and boring after many hours of play, I hardly touch it now... Its a great game for a month or two, but be warned.

So i would say mario kart, you cant go wrong with it
    0129 8290 9922

Well, bith games are entirely different. ACWW is kinda like a life sim, while MPH is a FPS. It depends which kind of game you like more. Or, buy one, then save for the other. xD

But, I reccomend getting MPH first. Short storyline, but the wifi feature is crazy. =D

It's the only one I have, so I have to say AC:WW. Seriously, if you're one of the few people who like to play the game fair and not time travel, you'll be playing this game for a whole year. Plus, it's fun on and offline.

I haven't played MPH, but I heard it has a lackluster story mode, and that the only reason you should get the game in the first place is because of the WiFi. That's the reason I didn't get this game. I have no access to WiFi at all.

I suggest getting MKDS sometime after AC:WW. I've never played it, but it seems fun.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast