Page 861 of 861 FirstFirst ... 761811851857858859860861
Results 21,501 to 21,521 of 21521

Thread: The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Steelix View Post
    Your cousin is likely lying to you, he probably does have a cheating device or at least knows someone with one, that's the only way he'd have messed up stuff like that or else his game was a bootleg copy.
    I think his friend has a cheating device and he said that he hates them.. because they ruin your game, and he is has alot of ev trained pokemon etc. and wouldn't want to lose all of them to a cheating device

Anyway, the shinies that he caught me are gone now, because of something dodgy so that is that.. so lets just get over it

it wouldn't surprise me if my cousins games are broken to be honest, he never took care of them when he was younger, he used to drop them, sit on them, step on them, i used to find them lying on the floor with the labels all scratched

Like any family member i am defending my cousin because i know he wouldn't cheat, and im sure everyone else would do the same thing if they knew their cousin was innocent.. so please don't accuse him of cheating

im going to make a new shiny banner today
    i should also evolve half of my shinies too.. instead of having 2 shiny zigzagoons, i should get a linoone

hopefully someone will catch a shiny today
    good luck everyone
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 10th August 2008 at 7:43 AM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shiny: Torchic - Sapphire - 12340 SR x2 + Totodile - Heartgold - 1655 SR x3 (Double shiny) December 7th, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    [COLOR="LightBlue"]Okay, I understand that. So when SRing for Legendaries and the like, you're pretty much stuck with a narrow range of values no matter what you do. Unless, maybe, you wait longer and longer each time after reloading from a Soft Reset, before engaging the Pokémon in battle again? I guess that would become impractical though..[/COLOR
    Exactly! Now you've got it!

It's a shame, I still have all Legendaries to catch in Emerald, including a couple of Event activated ones. I guess it can't be helped. How is Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green different when it comes to generating these values, is there another factor besides time that determines them?
    Sort of. FR/LG also use the game on time, but they also seed the RNG with some various values from your game--possibly total gameplay time, number of steps taken, or something like this. If you just stay put and SR on FR/LG, you'll get the same problem, but you can "shuffle" the population you're drawing from by walking around a bit and re-saving your game every 20 or so resets.

I'm going to go ahead and try hatching then. I feel a bit better about EV training in this version too, as it would only feel half worthwhile without the possibility of a random Shiny popping up x3

Thanks for the info, and best of luck with Kyogre.
    Thanks, and good luck with the Tropius and the EV shinies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post
    i don't lie
    I don't really know exactly what it was, it was something to do with some game virus though

i hope Shiny Rayquaza will appear today..
    good luck everyone
    There's no such thing as a "virus" in these sorts of games. (Well actually, some guy discovered an arbitrary code exploit in RS's saves, and used it to launch Pong, but that's unrelated.) You're more likely looking at either a broken game or he's using a cheat device behind your back.

156 Kyogre resets.
    Last edited by MetalMario; 10th August 2008 at 7:37 AM.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

I haven't been here for a while..

I gave up on shiny Anorith on my Ruby. I restarted my Ruby and SRing for shiny Torchic.
    I've been hunting for shiny Tangela in my FireRed.

Congrats to new shinies and good luck everyone!
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

Yes.. but it turned out there was some virus or something on his game ID or something, which made shinies appear faster.. it also made their abilities and trainer memo weird aswell

so i had to release them all because they were virusy or something.. according to my cousin..

no he does not own cheating devices either.. so that had nothing to do with it..
    One of those shinies was an Arceus. So I'd love to know how he managed to get that without owning an AR, seeing as, you know, it's impossible to get an Arceus without an AR.

Oh, and also:

he also used a range of different games to get them so its not like he found 12 shinys on the one game in a week
    So which game exactly had the magical shiny-giving ID-virus? Or was it more than one? :P

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    One of those shinies was an Arceus. So I'd love to know how he managed to get that without owning an AR, seeing as, you know, it's impossible to get an Arceus without an AR.

Oh, and also:

So which game exactly had the magical shiny-giving ID-virus? Or was it more than one? :P
    They distributed Arceus in Australia in July 2007
    it was the pokemon connection tour
    my cousin went to that event, thats where he said he got the items to get arceus, and many other event pokemon
    he stumbled upon it when he went to the dentist with his friends
    so thats why i believe my Arceus isn't hacked..

i think all my cousins games are broken, they are scratched and beaten up to the maximum, i think that might explain some weird glitch/ virus in the game or something, but i know for a fact my cousin does not own a cheating device

im up to 2483 SR's for Rayquaza, so hopefully it will shine.. today maybe?
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 10th August 2008 at 10:23 AM.

My Shinies

Latest shiny: Torchic - Sapphire - 12340 SR x2 + Totodile - Heartgold - 1655 SR x3 (Double shiny) December 7th, 2013.

my cousin went to that event, thats where he said he got the items to get arceus, and many other event pokemon
    No, No they didn't.

Arceus hasn't been released anywhere in the world yet, at all.

There is only one way you can get arceus at the moment, and thats by using an action replay to hack the event item needed, so your cousin is lying, no two ways about it i'm afraid.
    Credit to Zabi for the fantastic shiny banner
    Twinned with the awesome mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionX View Post
    No, No they didn't.

Arceus hasn't been released anywhere in the world yet, at all.

There is only one way you can get arceus at the moment, and thats by using an action replay to hack the event item needed, so your cousin is lying, no two ways about it i'm afraid.
    he does not have a cheating device!!
    why do people keep saying that he lies to my face!
    i don't think you can buy cheating devices in Australia..
    if you can i don't know where

oh and to people who have been to events, how exactly do they actually give the pokemon out?

up to 2595 SR's for Rayquaza
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 10th August 2008 at 11:14 AM.

My Shinies

i don't think you can buy cheating devices in Australia..
    if you can i don't know where

oh and to people who have been to events, how exactly do they actually give the pokemon out?

Maybe because you're saying that he got a legit arceus from an event that happened in austrailia, when there hasn't been an event for arceus anywhere in the world yet, not even in japan.

Hell nintendo hasn't even officially released arceus yet, the only reason we know of it is from someone hacking into the coding and finding it.

No-one is trying to slight you or anything like that, but you're insisting that a shiny pokemon you have is legit when there is no way at all it can be legit right now.

And btw, you can buy action replay devices pretty much from any games shop, i have one from a while ago (don't work anymore though)

And lately, for any D/P events they've been downloading the pokemon straight to your game via wondercard.
    Last edited by ScorpionX; 10th August 2008 at 11:17 AM.

the original argument wasnt even about an arceus
    i don't even mention the arceus anymore, because people always have something to say about it..

it wasnt one of the 12 shinies that my cousin found in one week

this whole thing is annoying me now, because people are accusing my cousin of being some game hacker, when he isn't

my cousin said that there was some computer thing that you put in what pokemon and items you wanted thats how he got them, and you traded pokemon that you didn't want in return for event pokemon with event items

i have decided to put my torchic and abra hunts on hold for now to focus on Rayquaza
    2600 resets.. but i guess some people have done double that and no shiny yet.. so
    good luck everyone..
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 10th August 2008 at 11:27 AM.

My Shinies

Lol, what? Arceus hasn't even been officially released in Japan yet (unless I missed something), so no way in hell did they distribute it in a 2007 Australian event. We're not even supposed to know that it exists yet.

... Do you really need me to answer that? He's lieing to you, just accept it.

Er, in other news; I haven't found a shiny Mewtwo yet.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Lol, what? Arceus hasn't even been officially released in Japan yet (unless I missed something), so no way in hell did they distribute it in a 2007 Australian event. We're not even supposed to know that it exists yet.

... Do you really need me to answer that? He's lieing to you, just accept it.

Er, in other news; I haven't found a shiny Mewtwo yet.
    Lol, we are not supposed to know that Arceus exists?
    well.. pretty much everyone knows, so..

i did not mention this 12 shinies thing months ago to start an argument

why don't we just move on from this considering an arceus is not a 3rd gen pokemon!

and no my cousin is not lieing so im not going to accept something that is not true! why doesn't everyone stop accusing him and discuss things other than cheating devices

I will SR more for Rayquaza a bit later, but right now, why doesn't everyone just forget about the arceus thing, ok?
    and the 12 shinies thing because thats really old, and they are all gone, so i don't see why it matters

My Shinies

@Ceecee-typhlosion, i agree with you we don't need this sort of argument going on in this thread.

However that being said, the easiest way to stop these from starting is for you to stop mentioning your cousins shinies(legit or not) it just needs to stop, because not everyone is going to believe you, and thats something you have to deal with.

That way these types of arguments won't keep popping up, and in turn i'd suggest everyone else stop talking about her cousins shinies, and talk about your own, or other members shinies, not people who are not members, that way there will not be mini flames being shot at each other calling peoples relatives hackers & cheats.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 10th August 2008 at 5:37 PM. Reason: gender changes

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Only people with internet access or who have friends with internet access know about arceus, the other hundred thousand fans without said access do not.

Also Ceecee-typhlosion, i agree with you we don't need this sort of argument going on in this thread.

However that being said, the easiest way to stop these from starting is for you to stop mentioning your cousins shinies(legit or not) it just needs to stop, because not everyone is going to believe you, and thats something you have to deal with.

That way these types of arguments won't keep popping up, and in turn i'd suggest everyone else stop talking about his cousins shinies, and talk about your own, or other members shinies, not people who are not members, that way there will not be mini flames being shot at each other calling peoples relatives hackers & cheats.
    Kirkeastment, i agree with you..
    in future i wont bother talking about shinies that i receive in trades,

oh and um.. you wrote his cousins shinies, im a girl..
    its weird to think that people think im a guy.. lol

i only did 6 more SR's for Rayquaza because i got bored.. and because it isnt shining as fast as i would like it to..
    maybe tomorow will be a lucky day?

My Shinies

this whole thing is annoying me now, because people are accusing my cousin of being some game hacker, when he isn't

my cousin said that there was some computer thing that you put in what pokemon and items you wanted thats how he got them, and you traded pokemon that you didn't want in return for event pokemon with event items.
    Pokesav, lol?
    btw, apparently you and your cousin know more about pogeymanz than the rest of the world. Your just flailing in a pit of hopelessness and despair because you know that...
    U r t3h wr0ngz0rz, lol!!!11!!11!!!!1!!!1
    Anyways still no mudkip, but haven't SR'd much this week.

OMG QUIT FIGHTING PLEASE >_> I don't care if ceecee's cuz's pokemon are hacked or not. I do not want this board to be closed and replaced with a new one! This thread is huge xD, anywho, stop the pointless jibberish, besides arceus ISN'T part of the 3rd gen.

ANYWHO, Just came back from vacation AND STILL NO SHINY DEOXYS. :P I am getting quite annoyed. Anyway, I'm racing a few youtube ppl for shiny deoxys, so, I must keep trying.

Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Pokemon targets:
    Nothing Particular at the moment actually, I'm trying to EV the rest of my Shinies ._.
    Newest Shiny(s): Shiny Pineco ~ 2043 Encounters (August 17th)

http://www.youtube.com/Greenboy1001

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Celebi View Post
    OMG QUIT FIGHTING PLEASE >_> I don't care if ceecee's cuz's pokemon are hacked or not. I do not want this board to be closed and replaced with a new one! This thread is huge xD, anywho, stop the pointless jibberish, besides arceus ISN'T part of the 3rd gen.

ANYWHO, Just came back from vacation AND STILL NO SHINY DEOXYS. :P I am getting quite annoyed. Anyway, I'm racing a few youtube ppl for shiny deoxys, so, I must keep trying.

Good luck everyone!
    i tried pointing out that arceus is not part of the 3rd gen but people keep commenting about it
    that was ages ago.. so stop mentioning it

also please STOP commenting on my cousins shinies, he is NOT a hacker and if you don't believe that then keep your comments to yourself

in other more important news that is actually relevant to this topic
    im up to 2700 SR's for Rayquaza

My Shinies

Just one last thing then i'll shut up, i promise

also please STOP commenting on my cousins shinies, he is NOT a hacker and if you don't believe that then keep your comments to yourself
    Lmao

That is all.

In other news, after seeing snorlax's platinum sprite i've decided to start resetting for snorlax again, i stopped the first time but not this time, shiny snorlax here i come.

And ceecee, good luck with rayquaza, it surely is a pwnsome shiny (must get around to training mine sometime)

Im sring in my sapphire for rayquaza as well.

Friend Code: 4639 8748 1567 Name TY

Guys, don't start off-topic arguements here. Take it to PM. And to all the other people, please don't minimod either. PM a moderator of this section if it's getting out of control.

Also, don't keep updating on your SR status every hundred times or something. This thread isn't really meant to be a postcount++ thread, so don't update unless there's been a significant amount of time since your last SR-count (like a week or so), you're choosing a new target, or you actually got a shiny. If this keeps up I'm going to have to start handing out infractions and maybe remake this thread with stricter rules (which I might do anyway).

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Hey all, congrats to new shinies.

Not much from my end, SRing for shiny Charmander, Regirock, and Kabuto in my games. I'm also breeding for my secret shiny target as well. I've hatched 25 or so more eggs since my last post, its not a priority hunt currently.

Going to EV train a few of my shinies today as well, probably my Treecko or Regice/Groudon. Will post some news if I get a new shiny, see ya in a week or so.
    Latest Shinies:

Japanese Platinum

You know what? I am gonna remake this. 1076 pages of (mainly) spammy posts is enough.

EDIT: Andddd I made it 1077, lol. New thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=346177
    Last edited by Ellie; 12th August 2008 at 1:16 AM.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Page 861 of 861 FirstFirst ... 761811851857858859860861