Page 101 of 861 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 21521

Thread: The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

lol i hate it when you see a shiny and you cant catch it o.O
    *10k srs later* no mewtwo!!! grrr

CURRENT # OF SHINIES: 35!!!!

Credit to um...uh.. you know who made this banner :P
    Tamwyn359.proboards74.com <- my forums plz join!!!

never found a shiny, probably never will. lol

THat shiny Seaking is always there. It is programmed into the game. Have you not read any of the past posts? Jeez, I guess I waas the only new person that did that.

I've been hatching 500 + magicarp but no shinies
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

well havent been hunting been playing my new leaf green that i love anyway i am waiting to get to sneasles little lair so i can hunt that yay well bye

I traded a legit deoxys for a shiny dusclops at the toysrus event yesterday...

Shinies: Lots from chaining, several from SRing, a couple random ones. Just ask if you really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Leaf
    I suggest yuou stop playing pokemon right now, as it has clearly impaired your eyesight. Your inability to see the sticky topic withthe almost exact same title as this one just goes to prove that you are either staring at the screen for to long, or your excessive masturbation has actually lead to prepubescent blindness. My bets are on the former, but please, go see an optician now, before I have to warn you for being an idiot and reposting stuff because you don't bother to look before playing with the posting buttons.

Dont u just love being able to trade shinies when u go to such events such as the toysrus thingy? I know I appreciated my new Rapdidash
    Banner still over 46800 pixels so the entire signature was wiped out this time. Read the signature rules.

Still looking for shiny charmander, reset for a while yesterday when I was in line waiting to get my mew, but, no luck. I feel like I'm getting close, though!
    Shinies owned: Shinies Hunting:

Too many outside pictures. One has been removed. Keep it to 3 or less. Please read the Signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypaul View Post
    not again I have been soft resetting for a shiny treeko and just seen the second shiny poochyena. I can't believe it and I can't catch it this is the second time that has happened.

Why can't i get shinies when I want them instead of getting them when I can't catch them never mind, I never wanted a shiny poochyena but i do now since I feel i am entitled to these 2 I couldn't catch!!
    Don't feel too bad. I've seen that Poochyena shiny *four* times altogether in my shiny hunts.

Well, I've been shiny hunting since 3rd gen came out, but since I just recently registered on the forums, I'll just quickly go through my list of shinies and anything noteworthy about their captures.

The first shiny I saw was a blue Medicham in the Sapphire Battle Tower. I was a bit angry, but not too much because back then I wasn't as "into" shiny hunting as I am now.

My first obtained was a purple Swampert, I believe it took a little over a week of SRing to get it. Named "Big" after Big the Cat from Sonic Adventure (who it resembles). Next I got a shiny Zigzagoon from the Berry Glitch Fix which is now a Linoone. I got a shiny Castform after six days of SRing. All three of these came from Ruby.

Next, while EV training my team of six in Sapphire, I came across a dull pink Numel, which I named Milky and is now a black Camerupt. In Sapphire as well I hatched a red Cyndaquil which is now a Quilava named Mr. Motza.

I went back to SRing on Ruby version for a pink Anorith, which came to me after about two weeks.

Next was a green Golbat which I found in Leaf Green after a few months training in the Icefall cave (I was actually looking for a Seel). I named it Medianoche (midnight in Spanish, because I caught it really late) and it is now a pink Crobat which is a formidable member of my Leaf Green team (even though it's Modest X_x.

Next, my friend caught a green Spinda in his Emerald version but didn't care much about shinies so he let me have it, named Odyssey.

Next up was a shiny Regice in Emerald, which took quite a long time to find. It got to the point where it almost Struggled itself to death, so I had to use my Masterball on it.

Next was a Torchic that I had been hunting for on Ruby on-and-off for about two years. This was the hunt during which I had seen four shiny Poochyena. But last summer I finally got the shiny Torchic, Modest natured (X_X) and named it Ebony, after the near-black color its feathers are as a Blaziken.

Number 11 was a shiny Totodile which I reset for for only about three days in front of Birch after completing the Hoenndex in Emerald. Adamant natured, named Correolas.

Soon after that, I found a Meowth while training in Route 6 for about a week. I named it "Peso" and trained it into a lovely lighter Persian.

My most recent shiny was one that I have been hunting on-and-off since FR/LG came out, and I finally got it three or four days ago: a white Eevee in Fire Red. I named it Angel and have not evolved it, using it as a very valuable member on my FR team.

Spoiler:- DP Spoilers:

Yup, those are all 13 of my shinies, all legit. I know it looks like a lot of my soft-resetting took a very short time compared to yours, but that is because I am very ADD when it comes to SRing. If I don't get a SR shiny within a couple weeks, I usually switch my hunt. While most of these shinies took a short time to get, there were also many hunts (all three Kanto starters, Treecko, Southern Island Latias, Snorlax, Groudon, Kyogre, Berry Forest Hypno, Kabuto, etc.) which I have pursued for months and gotten bored of. That's the reason most of my successful hunts have been short.

Now I pose a question of ethics to you all. I really like the shiny forms of Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon. Would it be fair to clone my Eevee in Emerald to have all three of them, to make up for the five uncatchable shinies I've seen? I want to, but I don't know if it's really fair. I do consider cloning for trading purposes fair, but I don't know about this.
    Last edited by supersousaphone; 2nd October 2006 at 1:58 AM.
    Pearl Version | Name: Pabs | FC: 5326 7403 5422
    Latest: Dusknoir || Current Number: 23
    Credit to ~SeanyBoy~
    Targets: Buizel and Swarm Pokémon

y not everyone else cloned there shiny eevee to get all of the shiny forms so y not it is your game do what you want

no new shinys

hi eveyone i RETIRE from shiny hunting cause i just got MDB
    My eggs need love. Please?

I did get a new shiny

at the mew event on saturday i traded a cloned verison of my gligar for a level 5 shiny eevee hatched on route 117

Quote Originally Posted by supersousaphone View Post
    Don't feel too bad. I've seen that Poochyena shiny *four* times altogether in my shiny hunts.

Well, I've been shiny hunting since 3rd gen came out, but since I just recently registered on the forums, I'll just quickly go through my list of shinies and anything noteworthy about their captures.

The first shiny I saw was a blue Medicham in the Sapphire Battle Tower. I was a bit angry, but not too much because back then I wasn't as "into" shiny hunting as I am now.

My first obtained was a purple Swampert, I believe it took a little over a week of SRing to get it. Named "Big" after Big the Cat from Sonic Adventure (who it resembles). Next I got a shiny Zigzagoon from the Berry Glitch Fix which is now a Linoone. I got a shiny Castform after six days of SRing. All three of these came from Ruby.

Next, while EV training my team of six in Sapphire, I came across a dull pink Numel, which I named Milky and is now a black Camerupt. In Sapphire as well I hatched a red Cyndaquil which is now a Quilava named Mr. Motza.

I went back to SRing on Ruby version for a pink Anorith, which came to me after about two weeks.

Next was a green Golbat which I found in Leaf Green after a few months training in the Icefall cave (I was actually looking for a Seel). I named it Medianoche (midnight in Spanish, because I caught it really late) and it is now a pink Crobat which is a formidable member of my Leaf Green team (even though it's Modest X_x.

Next, my friend caught a green Spinda in his Emerald version but didn't care much about shinies so he let me have it, named Odyssey.

Next up was a shiny Regice in Emerald, which took quite a long time to find. It got to the point where it almost Struggled itself to death, so I had to use my Masterball on it.

Next was a Torchic that I had been hunting for on Ruby on-and-off for about two years. This was the hunt during which I had seen four shiny Poochyena. But last summer I finally got the shiny Torchic, Modest natured (X_X) and named it Ebony, after the near-black color its feathers are as a Blaziken.

Number 11 was a shiny Totodile which I reset for for only about three days in front of Birch after completing the Hoenndex in Emerald. Adamant natured, named Correolas.

Soon after that, I found a Meowth while training in Route 6 for about a week. I named it "Peso" and trained it into a lovely lighter Persian.

My most recent shiny was one that I have been hunting on-and-off since FR/LG came out, and I finally got it three or four days ago: a white Eevee in Fire Red. I named it Angel and have not evolved it, using it as a very valuable member on my FR team.

Spoiler:- DP Spoilers:

Yup, those are all 13 of my shinies, all legit. I know it looks like a lot of my soft-resetting took a very short time compared to yours, but that is because I am very ADD when it comes to SRing. If I don't get a SR shiny within a couple weeks, I usually switch my hunt. While most of these shinies took a short time to get, there were also many hunts (all three Kanto starters, Treecko, Southern Island Latias, Snorlax, Groudon, Kyogre, Berry Forest Hypno, Kabuto, etc.) which I have pursued for months and gotten bored of. That's the reason most of my successful hunts have been short.

Now I pose a question of ethics to you all. I really like the shiny forms of Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon. Would it be fair to clone my Eevee in Emerald to have all three of them, to make up for the five uncatchable shinies I've seen? I want to, but I don't know if it's really fair. I do consider cloning for trading purposes fair, but I don't know about this.
    I'll admit it, I'm quite jealous of you're shiny collection. Even though I've really only started true shiny hunting in April when I first found out about shinies, I wanted something like 7 by now. I'm especially fond of my shiny Eevee, too, and I'll be saving it for D/P. If I may ask, what are the natures of your shinies?

Also, my cuzin gave me his Sapphire, so I'll be using it to soft reset for Torchic. I'll switch every other day to Porygon, then I'll switch to Groudon, then back to Torchic... I typed a post that made more sense in the Shiny PKMN Lovers Club, but it was quite lengthy, and I forgot to Copy and Paste it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCorruption View Post
    I'll admit it, I'm quite jealous of you're shiny collection. Even though I've really only started true shiny hunting in April when I first found out about shinies, I wanted something like 7 by now. I'm especially fond of my shiny Eevee, too, and I'll be saving it for D/P. If I may ask, what are the natures of your shinies?
    *checks quickly*

Swampert is Careful, Linoone is Bold, Castform is Gentle, Camerupt is Naughty, Quilava is Rash, Armaldo is Bashful, Crobat is Modest (X_X), Spinda is Impish, Regice is Brave (EXPLOSION! XD), Blaziken is Modest (useless in DP :O), Feraligatr is Adamant (Bite + Waterfall + Ice Punch + Adamant = PWNING in WiFi ), Persian is Modest (X_X), and Eevee is Brave.

It's funny that you're jealous of my collection, considering you have a shiny Charizard (which is like the super amazing shiny EVERYONE wants :-P).

What do you think about cloning? Have you ever considered cloning your Eevee to get some of the evolved forms shiny? I love mine the way it is, but I want Espeon and Umbreon and I want to take it to Pearl too. ;_;

EDIT: I forgot to mention, technically my 12th shiny was a shiny Kecleon, but seeing as how I had been soft resetting for a while and decided to let my friend have a go for it since he really wanted to, the blasted thing decided to show up while HE was SRing and I decided to give it to him for that reason. How's that for generous? :-D
    Last edited by supersousaphone; 2nd October 2006 at 2:01 AM.
    Pearl Version | Name: Pabs | FC: 5326 7403 5422
    Latest: Dusknoir || Current Number: 23
    Credit to ~SeanyBoy~
    Targets: Buizel and Swarm Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Crobat View Post
    I've been hatching 500 + magicarp but no shinies
    Hate to break it to you, but apparently the Red Garados is making a comeback in D/P. Kind of pointless trying to get one in third gen....
    Check out MySuperPC

My Shinies
    Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

not really b/c you cant trade the red gyrados to the third generation so it is better to get one in the third gen also

Well that much is true I suppose. But third gen. will probably end up like the other generations, no one will play them. At least I probably won't after a while.
    Check out MySuperPC

My Shinies
    Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

i am still going play the third generation no matter what

any way i cant beat erika but i will keep on trying
    well that means no shinys well bye

SRing for Kyogre. No luck. ;;

.:~Wig~:.
    For real.

I would like to get a Shiny Surfing Pikachu...if thats even possible. heh
    Banner still over 46800 pixels so the entire signature was wiped out this time. Read the signature rules.

well no new shinys but i am going to pull an alnighter to finish my lg hopefully and then tomorrow train my mews

Finally completed the Hoenn pokedex (all 202 8D) and now I need to SR for one of the Johto starters...any ideas as to which one?

^Made by me.^
    Currently abusing Wi-Fi with AC:WW.

whichever you like most. I found some guys at work who play the games so I'm now busy starting a new team. I'll be hatching eggs for good natures so if a shiny shows up I'll tell you guys.
    My Shinies Hunting Giratina, Abra, Uxie, Bronzor, Suicune, Ho-oh, Psychic Types
    My Bishie Motoko Aoyama

My Dragons

i think you should sr for shiny totodile but pick whatever one you like the best as shiny here are the three sprites

i'd go for cyndiquil or totodile
    any no shiny bulbasaur and yet no shiny rayquaza

i know this is off topic but is this a good way to train your pokemon keep giving it vitamins to boost all stats then train it to a high level??
    Skyward sword

Page 101 of 861 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast