Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Overjoyed! (462)

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    But can you blame PUSA though? How could they have dubbed a main character who received close-to-zero development this season? If the kid wasn't a pain, I'd forget he was a stump next to May's leg altogether.
    I don't know, but Max didn't do much in Hoenn either yet 4kids actually made him funny at times.

Some of those early/mid Hoenn episodes when Max would make fun of both Ash and May was quite funny, and that's why I didn't mind him back then. He really did seem like an amusing kid.

The writers themselves did get bored of Max in Battle Frontier, only in that Ranger/Deoxys episode did he have some sort of role, but PUSA just made it worse by giving him repetitive dialog.

I agree that it doesn't really matter since Max didn't do much in BF anyway, but at least they got his goodbye dialog with Ash right. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Shining-Metagross~ View Post

Its great to show Ash losing twice in a row to the same trainer, something like that has never happened to him, and it is just so refreshing to show that Ash isn't as powerful as he is made out to be.
    My thoughts exactly ^_^ It's nice to see him lose some once and a while. Especially against someone like Brandon, so he has to work extra hard to pull off a win the next time around. Jolly good, I say ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I guess I am still one of the only people who thought Max's new voice was better then the old one.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Max's new voice was too static like, and far too nerdy.

And as said, the lines PUSA gave him were redundant. I don't remember Max saying things like, "This is the first time I saw this move today!" back when Hoenn was airing.

4kids knew how to write Max's dialog better than PUSA.

I can tell Ash was really colse to winning this battle!
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was good too see Torkoal. Too bad he lost. It seems like this was taking forever to me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it's good to see torkoal again, he's one of the funniest among the team if you ask me:P

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Nice episode, good to see Torkoal fights again
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I think that if Ash was using Charizard against Registeel,he was winning.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I think that if Ash was using Charizard against Registeel,he was winning.
    You're sentence did not make sense AGAIN, but I get what you're saying. I think he would have won too, but Torkoal was not used as much as Charizard and ironically, it had learned a new move; Heat Wave. Torkoal ALMOST won by dealing heavy hits.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

One of the better episodes if you ask me. Spoilers ahead

We have the Nurse Joy with a firey personality and same for her Chansey. I like how Ash learns that he can't battle with power, and how he should of strategized (relative to sports possibly)? Then that battle with Brandon is very entertaining and awesome. It's also nice to see Torkoal with Heat Wave. Even though the outcome was predictible, it was heckuva battle.

10/10
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

It's messed up that Ash lost 2 battles in 1 episode but it was still a great episode.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

registeel was pretty cool, i cant wait to see the rematch
    i think brandon will use regice next time XD

I think this is as much as respect Nurse Joy will get. She also didn't have stay for a couple eps.

The match ending with Torkoal being beat up, that was my least favorite part

I liked that Nurse Joy finally got involved with a battle. I loved her Chaney's battle strategy. Nurse Joy has such a fiery personality deep down.

At least Torkoal appeared and did something useful. 5/10

Nice to see a Nurse Joy battling, I am glad not all Joys and Jennys are the same ones (Like the Joy in OI, the tanned one going across the ocean. The one who hated water types and others). It's interesting that once their hats are off they are fierce lol.

Didn't Aipom know he was getting transferred? He seems quite happy when Ash was talking then went and attacked Oak lol, like Bayleef he obviously hates being transferred, maybe Ash should explain his Pokemon what is happening first.

How old is Nurse Joy btw? I think she's about 30 like Jenny but when she said Ah my youth it sounded like she was alot older.

It was nice to see Torkoal again but shame it didn't win especially learning a new move.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Was a good battle... but pity Ash couldn't win.... Brandon is just too strong and beating legendary pokemon is next to impossible

For a minute, I thought this would be the time Ash actually wins.
    But no, he suffers his second(?) straight loss to Pyramid King Brandon.

I thought that the Pokemon Professor Oak was sending him would be Charizard.
    But instead it was Torkoal. Which was good. We haven't seen Torkoal for a while! It's voice now is actually pretty good! Not bad at all!

Torkoal really put up a great fight!
    A shame he didn't win, though.

Somehow, I found it a little funny when Torkoal got knocked out. All swirly-eyed and standing up!
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

This episode was good. It was cool to see how the move Lock-On works in the Anime, it's extremely useful. It was cool to see Registeel in this episode. Registeel is very powerful. It was interesting to see Ash lose for the 2nd time against Brandon. It was cool to find out that Torkoal learned Heat Wave, I had been hoping to see Torkoal learn it. Torkoal put up a great fight against Registeel. The Chansey Ash battled was very strong, too bad Corphish lost. Surprised to see Ash lose twice in this episode. Registeel's Lock-on/Zap Cannon move combo was very cool and wise.

74/100

James gets the award for best line of the evening: "It sounds like it's time for a dissolve," right before the Boss Fantasy. Good one, PUSA.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I guess they're making up for the ease Ash went through battling everyone Frontier Brain that isn't Anabel.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Damn Torkoal got powerful damn it darkrai! I kinda wish Torkoal had won or been used in the rematch, but nonetheless it was a good battle

The chosen ones (for now)

May's voice is better than usual, but again, Taylor it certainly ain't. She had a really cocky attitude in this episode, though, which I found out-of-character to say the least.

Brock sounds...actually, a bit too rough and deep here. It's like Bill Rogers started to lose his touch somewhere around here with his version of Brock, and that devolution continued into DP. He picked it up again in BW but unfortunately as Brock isn't on the show I have to sadly go by the pitiful performance he put on in DP.

Sarah's Ash keeps getting worse and worse...>_>. Seriously, deeper is NOT better. Ash. Is. A. 10. Year. Old. Boy. People. Therefore, he should sound whiny and high-pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    PUSA really handled Max badly, IMO.

I kind of liked Max in Hoenn since 4kids gave him good dialog and he was kinda snarky, but PUSA didn't know what kind of lines to give him.

I didn't like Max's new voice either, but since BF was only a short season and he's not around anymore I guess it doesn't matter.

IMO, Max's character was ruined the most from the transition of the two dubs.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree. He'd been given the worst shaft.

4Kids did a way better job with Max than TPCi. I really don't see how anyone can debate this one.

I would say holistically 4Kids also did much better with Brock, though holistically and not during the transition (Bill did a great job between the transition).

Although Bill was great in most of BF and in the BW flashback as Brock, in the latter portion of BF and DP he was flat-out terrible as the character. Eric Stuart was always really consistent, and although at times he sounded like Seto Kaiba, his voice was always fitting, age-appropriate, and emotional.

Dub: 67/100

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I guess I am still one of the only people who thought Max's new voice was better then the old one.
    I can't even fathom your logic on this one. I really can't.

Natochenny getting deeper only made her worse to me, and I greatly disliked Kayzie's Max. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    James gets the award for best line of the evening: "It sounds like it's time for a dissolve," right before the Boss Fantasy. Good one, PUSA.
    Agreed. It's really a shame that now all the word "James" and the word "PUSA" are associated with are a mile-long list of alliterations, assonance, and stuff nobody says at all in real life. *sigh*
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th June 2013 at 1:44 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Ash's battle with Brandan was cool, his Torkoal put up a great battle, but it couldn't win against Brandans Pokémon. This was a good episode, but Ash losing to both Nurse Joy and Brandon was dissapointing.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678