Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Overjoyed! (462)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Blissey says hi, nya. Poor Corphish.
    Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD
    "Your taunts are ill-advised, Templar...do not provoke me to violence! You can no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow!"
    -----Enraged Dark Templar, Starcraft

"En Taro Adun! All for the empire! Doom to all who threaten homeworld!!!"
    -----Random Protoss Zealot, Starcraft

"You have persecuted us for generations, and now you beg us to aid you? We will do as we must...but we do it for Aiur, not you!"
    -----Annoyed Zeratul, Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Oh I'm not upset Aipom was Oak'd, more like confused. It doesn't make much sense. And am I the only one who thinks its sketchy that Nurse Joy had pictures of May and Ash?
    Well Primeape being given away doesn't make much sense ether but unfortunately we're not the writers. A stalkerish Nurse Joy...hmm, Brock has got to be jealous. I agree with some other people's opinions about Corphish. Not including Aipom, all of Ash's pokemon from either his Hoenn or BF team have had new attacks or have improved in strength (like evolving) except Corphish. The Chansey battle shows that Corphish needs something new.

Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD
    The only time we saw one was Ignorance is Blissey. And Blissey has about 200 more HP than her lesser form has. 'Wasn't off by much' is pushing it.XD

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Turboclaw View Post
    Not really, since Regice can't even *learn* Sheer Cold. Lock-On + Blizzard + Zap Cannon, however, is an all-too-likely possibility, and one that leaves the bulk of Ash' pokemon quite literally out in the cold. How Ash gets out of *that* conundrum should be most interesting to see.
    Don't forget though, some pokemon in the show tend to pick up attacks that they cannot get in the games(most recent example is Ritchies Tailow being able to use gust.) and since Sheer Cold is a low accurate but devestating move, and Brandon's strategy is to use Lock on with something powerful, I believe it will use it.

---Kyogre007--- Guest

the last time we saw Blissey was in "Power Play".

Why send Aipom to Orchid? Because Jukain, Donfan and Heigani were necessary should Jindai have decided to use Regirock. Oosubame's a strong Pokemon but couldn't possibly win against Regirock or Registeel, whereas Aipom was just recently caught and doesn't have much in ways of battling experience and also could not do anything to the Regis.

Pikachu is self explanatory.

As for the whole Natsume battle, there was really only two episodes revolving around the battles themselves. Not three. Trying to capture a Ghost Pokemon was simply part of the story so Satoshi can attempt beating her. When Ghost followed Satoshi to Natsume's Gym, he was no where in sight before the match even was set to begin. Satoshi didn't win or lose considering the battle hadn't even started yet and he said he had quit before doing anything else.

His return with no Ghost in sight left him no choice but to use Pikachu, who decided to fight on its own. On a technicality Satoshi only won because Yungerer was unable to battle at all due to it being connected with Natsume and her dying of laughter, thanks to Ghost. Whereas here, Satoshi actually lost two times during a battle in two episodes and has to rematch him a third time in a third episode.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Aipom being Oaked for Torkoal was pretty lame, at least they didn't bring back Charizard again just yet.

Ash losing to Nurse Joy was pretty lame too. He can't defeat a friggin Chansey, how does he ever expect to defeat Regice or for that manner any of them? (I hear a 'zard in the distance.....)

At least Brandon wasn't as nasty as he was the last time. That made up for some of it.

Hmmmm, I noticed the Pyramid didn't fly away this time, Brandon simply packed up his supplies to go exploring and left on foot. Does that mean the Pyramid stays put now, or is he going to move it later?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

You guys stop whining about Aipom. In the next episode he is going to already been confirmed to talk to Oak whether he goes to Oak's or over the computer.

This episode was good. I'm glad Ash has gone on a losing streak it makes things interesting. Ash had been on a winning streak that I'm glad has ended and he is stumped with this one.

This was one of Meowth's weirdest boss fantasies. First Chansey is boxing with Giovanni, then heals him XP
    Nice to see a Joy with some personality, was some time ago. And about time Ash got some medium-serious fans, he had gotten quite good as a trainer. Though I don't see why Joy would like May aswell, she haesn't done as good as has IMO.
    Good close ups with Registeel's eyes, they made it look more mechinized when they was a little sunken in. I first assumed the anime would make them pout out a little, but this was a nice suprise.

i think charizard will come back vs regice the matchup wud be interesting
    also perhaps will corphish will evolve to regain pride?

I'm happy Torkoal put up an awesome fight. That it lost is sad, but it was on the verge on winning when Registeel knocked it out. And Torkoal was used to full potential.
    I didn't expect Ash to lose against Joy, too. WTF is going on here?
    Aipom does seem to be a Miracle-Gro Pokemon.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Torkoal had easily it's best battle here. I mean a pokémon that crys often almost beat Registeel.
    [IMG]

[/IMG]

I always wanted to see Nurse joy and Chansey in a battle.

This was Torkoal's best appeareance/fight. The Regi's are my favorite legendaries, so it was also cool to see anotherone of them fight. This episode was awesome, one of the best battles.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a female HA non-US Murkrow
    preferably with 5IVs and in a Heal Ball or Luxury Ball

PM me if you have one! ♡

As EE said if you're going to send a one of your Pokemon back you're going to send Aipom back since it's probably the least refined and battle hardened of Ash's bunch. There's a slight chance Oak may have requested it to check Aipom out also but it's kinda hard to tell by the pictures.

It's obvious that the writers wrote this to give Torkoal some redemption The best Torkoal batte and actually a really good 1v1 battle in general. It's good to see the writers can still be creative and write a good battle still It was nice to see Brandon give a lot of respect to Ash after their match and a Nurse Joy with a personality

I know it's debatable but I count this as Ash's first lose to Brandon. Granted he still had some influence in his first battle but it was still marred by the evil spirit's influence like having Sceptile hide behind the judge and collaspe the roof on Regirock. Though there is a lot of good points to say this is second loss.

Not to push shipping or anything since I don't believe it will ever happen in the Anime besides maybe a small crush ala Battle Tower but going by the pictures it appears May is concerened about Ash. Ash looked really disappointed after his loss to Chansey and concerned about his upcoming match with Brandon and it seemed May was sharing the same feelings of disspointment and worry of her friend. That's my opinion anyways unless there was some other dialogue or scenes that the pictures don't show.

As far as Chansey goes. It's one pokemon that you would be wise not to underestimate with the right moveset. Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Minimize, and Sing (or any move of your choosing) would make for a long day for most opponents
    Last edited by Jikkle; 5th August 2006 at 11:44 AM.

Meowth goes even further into the depths of insanity to pull this latest fantasy off. Chancey beats the living daylights out of Giovanni which is scary in and of itself but then heals him.

Another fine battle but with the same result, Ash loses.

And yes, Ash lost to Sabrina twice by forfeit.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It was great to see Torkoal again. The only thing that annoyed me was Brock's selfishness.

Meowth's officially lost it with his boss fantasies.

I love Torkoal's facial expressions in this episode, they're deceivably cute and evil. Chansey was the same. I hope the fact that Corphish lost doesn't just get left out on the window to cool as it would be nice seeing Corphish training to better himself.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

The camera also focuses on May frowning when Ash loses, what is this about?
    I noticed that too. Strange. Good thing i wasn't the only one who noticed.

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

yeah i think torcoal put up a good fight. especially since it was against the legendary registeel..
    my shinies:
    aggron
    ditto (timid and quirky)
    gastly
    gardevoir
    charizard (x2)
    dialga
    kyogre
    poocheanna
    skarmory
    mew
    gyarados
    crobat
    spinda
    and more

pm me if you want to trade

Rofl why would Chansey beat on him only to heal him. xP

-Judai

Glad to see Torkoal return. Poor little guy lost again. Still it was an excellent battle, considering Torkoal had to face the legendary Registeel. Hmm, this could mean we can get Glalie to face Regice. Still, I'm thinking Pikachu will take the win. Who knows.

The look on Aipom after being sent to Oak = teh r0x0rz.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Poor Professor Oak, being beaten up by an Aipom. If Aipom meets Bayleef...that calls for trouble. I still don't get why Corphish lost, I mean it has been on Ash's team since Hoenn and it still doesn't do anything new. Corphish has no new attack combos, no new moves. I feel sorry for it, especially with this battle. Oh well, at least Torkoal did well. New move, against a legendary, better battler...I really feel proud for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).
    there was no Superpower. You're probably thinking of Metal Claw. Anyway, it seems to me that Jindai relies heavily on Lock-On, so it'd be nice if we get to see Satoshi try to figure out some way around it.

Heh... you know, when I watched the beginning of this episode, I got the impression the writers were playing yet another cruel joke on Cotoise. Joy comes along, impressed that Satoshi got the Best 8 in the Saiyuu tournament, and shows off her scrapbook, with Cotoise being KOed in the only picture he appears in. And I came into this episode half expecting some people's prediction that Donphan would be used against Registeel (it's interesting to note that when Satoshi contacted Ookido, all three of steel's weaknesses were mentioned: fire, ground, and fighting. The show tends to focus on the fire weakness alone, so it's good to hear the others made mention of, even if they weren't implemented). Then, he indended up exchanging Aipom (I'm left further questioning its purpose besides a late Trozei ad) for one of his reserves.... for a while, I was left guessing, the only hint being that Ookido said it learned a new attack (someone could've learned Earthquake or Brick Break for all I know), until it was finally confirmed: Cotoise was used, my guess in that "Which Pokemon do u hope to see battle the 2 remaining Regis???" thread wasn't far off.

In spite of its horrid win record, as I keep saying, Cotoise is actually a pretty good Pokemon with lots of potential if the writers could just take better advantage of its tanking abilities. They managed to do just that in this episode, as seen by the use of Iron Defense to counter Jindai's first Lock-On attempt (on an interesting note, Lock-On seems to have put a target smack dab on the reptilian desert-dweller's forehead. Stuff like this makes you thank god 4kids is out of the picture ^^). And it's nice to see, after having Overheat swiped away by Lizardon and Wakashamo, that he's got another exclusive attack (on another interesting note, Ookido says he learned that new technique while he was over there... either Cotoise's been doing some serious training, or this confirms my earlier theory that Ookido teaches Pokemon new attacks without their trainers' consent). They sure seem to be making up for the poor guy's crappy treatment in the past.

Anyway, for everyone confused about that boss fantasy, Nyaasu thought that Lucky would make a good sparring partner, and then heal him afterwards. He based this off the fact that once Joy and Lucky finished beating up on Heigani (and putting their hats back on... they seem to go pretty nuts when their hats are off their heads), they immediately ran the Pokemon they just fainted to get healed. It's about time we see some battle-capable portrayal of Lucky (though, it's no longer gonna be able to take those Crab Hammers so well come generation 4 XD), but seeing as how the characters are gonna be staying at this (pretty friggin well-equipped) Pokemon Center over the next few episodes (guess we see where that "The Pokemon Center is Very Busy!" title comes in), I really hope we get to see it evolve into Hapinasu, considering we never saw the thing since early Jouto, and with a pretty crap portrayal as well (interestingly enough, Sounansu was disguised as a Hapinasu). And concerning Lucky's trainer...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dysub/npc1.png
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dysub/npc2.png

The Joy in this episode definitely wasn't XD. A battle-capable Lucky, and a Joy with a distinct personality, two very rare sights... throw in the Cotoise vs. Registeel battle, and we've got one helluva note-worthy episode. ^^
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 5th August 2006 at 5:09 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast