Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Overjoyed! (462)

I think Corphish's place as the only unevolved Pokemon on Ash's Team (Pikachu understandably excluded) is starting to becoming rather apparent. Torkoal had a fine battle, but I don't see how Ash's Pokemon tend to improve so drastically when he's NOT with them. Tauros, Snorlax, Charizard (understandably), and now Torkoal. What other Pokemon will become abnormally powerful?

Poor Aipom got sent to the good Professor. What a blow that must be.

Still wish I'd gotten to see Cyndaquil, but alas, that is a wish never to be seen.

Though I don't see why Joy would like May aswell, she haesn't done as good as has IMO.
    She placed in the top 8 for Hoenn and I think top 4 for Kanto.

LOL I'm curious as to how many Ash fan girls there are in his world, poor guy had to deal with the Nurse Joy XD
    Any ways after seeing the pictures pretty cool episode, can't wait for the next one.

Maybe Ash sent Aipom over to Oaks is so Aipom can become super powerful without Ash training it like his other Pokemon.
    This episode was cool though, except how could Corphish lose? Hes probably dissapointed enough that he lost to Brandon again, but to a Chansey? Poor Corphish.

Sending Aipom to Oak doesn't really mean it will get stronger. We haven't seen Noctowl or Totodile (a pokemon like that) get stronger as of yet. But anyway, I wonder what Brock's reactions were when Ash and May got all the attention from Nurse Joy. I shall mention again...that Trokoal did awesome against Registeel. Even though it lost, the pokemon that used to be Ash's weakest AG pokemon (other than Aipom) surprised us all and became a really powerful battler. I just feel so happy for Torkoal getting the battling style it deserves.

It's like the game, Oak's lab is probably more like the pokemon daycare in the games since the pokemon are outside running doing things so that's probably why Ash's pokemon are stronger while they are there. The pokemon that are in his lab inside their pokemon are probably the ones that just stay the same like you when they are in your PC in the game.

Also the ironic thing in this episode and I wonder if it was intentional was that one of Joy's pictures of Ash is of Torkoal fainted
    Last edited by Jikkle; 5th August 2006 at 10:36 PM.

its kind of pathetic how ash's corphish lost to joy's chansey......i hope that thing evolves soon.............
    my shinies:
    aggron
    ditto (timid and quirky)
    gastly
    gardevoir
    charizard (x2)
    dialga
    kyogre
    poocheanna
    skarmory
    mew
    gyarados
    crobat
    spinda
    and more

pm me if you want to trade

I don't think Aipom will stay at Oak's. I think Ash just had to make space for Torkoal, and that Prof Oak would like to see the newest addition to Ash's team, so while Ash battled with Torkoal, Oak researched Aipmo, and probably Torkoal will go back to Oak's and Aipom will return.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).
    I agree with your Aipom prediction, or else we'll see something happen kinda similar to bayleef where Ash will show up at Oak's (since we all ready know that's going to happen) and we'll see a Professor Oak that's all beaten up trying to take care of Aipom. XD
    I'm not surprised Ash lost, though my heart went out to him with that expression. He seemed sooo sad.
    I'm glad they brought torkoal back too, and that was a great fight they put up against Brandon (or is it Brendan?).

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

I can't wait to see this one. But something up with May, I think she afaid That Ash will have something bad happen to him there like last time. As A FRIEND nothing more.

I think what's happening is that May isn't sure what to do next with her journey, and that's bothering her. Her Hoenn and Kanto quests are done, and the gang doesn't know about Shinou yet.

At one point, she was watching Ash get ready for battle (working towards his goal) and watching Brock show off his breeding skills (related to his goal) by brushing Chansey, and May said, "Demo, watashi wa..." ("But, I'm...") as if she wasn't sure what her goal is now.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm very satisfied with the battle Torkoal put. It really shone in this battle, I'm happy they brought him back. But the Regis are so overpowerred, I hope they do the Regiice fight right.
    EDIT: Torkoal should have won, it landed SO many hits
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

I saw the episode. Wasn't bad. The battle between Joy and Ash was great. I had a hope for Chansey's softboiled but it didn't use it. Joy was really awesome^^
    Poor Torkoal, this time it didn't cry but lost a battle. What a pity, Ash was so close.

After this battle it's obvious what the Regice battle will be

Pikachu vs. Regice [Ash has advantage]

Pikachu wins
    Brandon gives badge to Ash
    Ash does winning pose

THE END
    [IMG]

[/IMG]

Hehe, after Ash lost to Joy, May and Max started talking about how he would stand very low over Brandon (I loathe that name DX) when not being able to beat Joy to which Ash tells them to shut up since he understands already XD

Or at least, I think that was what May and Max talked about. I know Ash told them to shut up at least. Mwah.

I was truly impressed by the battle - Torkoal was incredibly fast what with jumping away so swiftly and constantly being able to lay in so many hits. Shame it got hit right on by the last attack, otherwise the battle would've ended differently.

Despite Ash wasn't being his complete self against Regirock, he still managed to bring it down to both of its knees and this time Registeel collapsed on to one knee - You've got to admit that it's quite impressive.

However, what the heck was Ash and Brandon talking about when they met up in those ruins? I heard Brandon mention Pokélantis and otherwise made sure Ash understood some things. Exactly what, I couldn't make out. Any help?

The animation for this episode was superb. It wasn't as "stiff" as many other episodes have been which is a nice change. Shame they didn't make a closeup when Brandon went "KAAAAAA!" this time around, though. He looked funny when doing that since we didn't get a closeup. Like he got something stuck in his throat. XD

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlefan1 View Post

Pikachu wins
    Ash does winning pose

THE END
    Advantage? With what? Iron Tail? Well I suppose if there was one Pokemon to follow all the way through on one attack, it'd be Pikachu...

Anyway, fantastic episode (you don't need me telling you that). I haven't even seen the full recording yet and I can tell it's a winner. Torkoal coming back, a quick misadventure at Oak's, Nurse Joy and Apollo Chansey (with complimentary boss scene), and you've got a Grade-A picture.

One qualm (if you want to called it that) that I have with this episode is the rather... defiant way they handed Corphish his ***. Now, ordinarily it's no big deal -- they do this sort of thing all the time for plot-related reasons or battle outcomes. What stings the most from the whole incident is that Corphish has not been given the special treatment in Lord know hows long. Where's his new attack? Where's his legendary battle? It's too harsh to even ponder.

Interesting stuff on the May dialogue. Could this be the first hint at May's Shinou future? Will we explore the brand new world of contests? Are her feelings nothing more than set-ups to the next episode? Oh-ho-ho... We shall certainly see.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Needs a Celebi Guest

I love CORSOLA.

Needs a Celebi Guest

I love CORSOLA.

I saw the pictures, and it looks like an exciting episode. Ash and May have a huge serious fan who is all gitty and jumpy it seems to me. But I'm not too surprised that Ash lost to Brandon again. But the Chansey vs. Corphish looked interesting, kind of hard to say what attacks it used. And Torkoal is back, and learns a new attack Heat Wave. Never what of guessed.

I busted off laughing of the boss fantasies of Meowth made up for the boss. I don't know, but Giovanni looks better as a boxer. But that just me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlefan1 View Post

Pikachu wins
    Ash does winning pose

THE END
    Hmm.... honestly, its really possible :/
    Pikachu usually wins important matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Needs a Celebi View Post
    I love CORSOLA.
    I love Needs a Celebi. He's so smart and funny, and always has something relevent to say.

So...uhhh...why didn't Ash seem to be against using Torkoal to it's full potential, when it still had an Ovrheat under it's wing? I know he's usually wary about using the attack too often, but this time around he seemed to be hungering for some Body Slams. Which is all well and good of course, but why not blast the beast with the most powerful technique on hand? When Torkoal was clamped firmly atop Registeel's gigantic cranium; that was the perfect chance to let rip and soc the metallic lump with a point black assault. Granted, I'm not saying that would have garuanteed a win, but it would've certainly helped out a little.

But otherwise, this was a really good episode. I was actually quite surprised by the quality of the first half infact. I'd been expecting some the usual humdrum block of boredom, but everything was actually watchable. Nurse Joy and Chansey are, for lack of a better word, awesome characters. Which just goes to prove that these guys CAN breathe some life into ancient blood if they just try a little harder instead of using their generic character generating machine. I'm glad they'll be sticking around for a few episodes longer, as the 'Pokémon Center is Very Biz-Ay' ep just got a whole lot better.

The Frontier match, as already stated, was a marvel. Which is especially impressive considering the battle didn't end in Ash's favour. It's rare to be able to watch a battle that results in a loss, yet still feel that it was all worthwhile.
    Despite the fact that half the crap it was doing looked mighty. mighty strange for a pokémon of that calibur, I thought Torkoal actually moving round the battlefield was one of the highlights. Because pretty much everytime it's fought something, it's just stood there, attacking as a living gun turret. And yeah...there's the fact that it was kicking buttocks too~

A few more notes:

-They used a lot more Advanced Generation music than usual in this episode. Lately, they've been relying heavily on handfuls of Kanto stuff, and huge helpings of movie music. So it made for a nice change, especially considering the AG score is my personal favourite.

-The animation was really good. Not the best however, but certainly nothing I should complain about. I can't remember who the hell directed this episode, but I'm pretty sure it's a new guy/gal. So thumbs up to the Pokémon crew for finally hiring another director that can get an episode looking good.

-Registeel's voice, for the most part, was a lot less impressive than it's movie counterpart. That makes two Regis in a row that have had their vocal chips downgraded. Will Regice suffer the same fate?! Tune in next month and find out!
    Last edited by Gravy; 6th August 2006 at 9:58 PM.

Finally saw it and have to say it was an awesome episode. I give it a 10/10.
    Loved Nurse Joy's Personality. Love corphish but it was about time it lost, it had beaten a crawdaunt, then arcanine (tucker battle), then alakazam (anabel battle) then took out a pinsir and marowak. I still wont say it needs to evolve cuz it doesnt. Torkoal with Heat Wave is great but as Gravy mentioned Ash should've used Overheat. The match was approximately 5 mins long. In 5 mins they gave us one heck of a battle. Even though Torkoal lost I can easily say this is one of my favorite battles now. The animation and music were really nice. Mays alittle disturbed but most likely she'll get over that in next weeks episode.
    Looking forward to the final showdown b/w ash and brandon. They can easily do a 3 vs. 3 in two episodes. A few people were compaining that putting 3 regis into battle in 2 episodes is bad and it wont be good. Well those people should watch THIS episode. The torkoal battle lasted 5 mins and its easily one of the best battles. No one should complain. Torkoal got plenty of hits in and registeel did its damage to torkoal as well all in just 5 mins. With two episodes a 3 vs. 3 battle can be done in a excellent way.

For those wondering about Chansey's attacks, it used Doubleslap, Dynamicpunch, Double-Edge, and Solarbeam, in that order.

No wonder Corphish got beat, Solarbeam...never saw that coming (thought it was a new move). Anyway, if the Torkoal battle was 5 mins, just think about 15 mins in the few episodes ahead (that is if Torkoal battles again). I seriously wonder what does Oak think about the pokemon Ash brings over. Muk stunk, Bayleef was Ash obssessed, Aipom is also Ash obssessed...So I wonder how the Torkoal became so strong. I know it learned Heat Wave but how? It was only about a season since we saw it and all of a sudden it looks as strong as Ash's current team (minus Aipom).

We've all seen many times in the anime that Oak's place is a much more realistic storage area than stuffing them all in a PC like we do in the games. At Oak's they have acres and acres of land to run around in, and I'm sure they battle each other (and other trainers' reserve Pokemon) whenever they feel like it. We all saw the scuffling that happened between the Grass and Water Pokemon in Bulbasaur, the Ambassador for example.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast