Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Overjoyed! (462)

Solar Beam once again was made another Pokemon's b*itch....

Have we ever seen Dynamic Punch?

Yes, Madam Muchmoney's Granbull used it, as did Butch's Primeape.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I think this episode is one of greatests of Battle Frontier. Both battles are excellent.

Firstly, seeing an energetic nurse Joy is funny. In addition, she has an interesting character, she collects autographs of "famous" trainers. We saw something like this in one of the contest episodes. Chansey is really agressive and offensive like Harley's Wigglytuff. Its moveset is unusual too:
    -Double slap
    -Dynamic punch
    -Double Edge
    -Solar beam
    Ash's loss against Joy is dissapointing, however maybe he learns something by this battle.

Secondly, the frontier match is awesome. I don't understand japanese, so I am curious about the conversation between Ash and Brandon. I like the return of Torkoal, I like that turtoise. Its first attack looks white enough like overheat but it is not. Heat wave is a good surprise. I like the design of zap cannon, it looks like a yellow-green-blue shadow ball. I think this is the first time that Ash loses twice during one episode. This makes anime more challenging.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

Hey, you know how Joy showed us all the places around the Pokemon Center to Ash and co?

People noticed that she showed a Contest hall which is what's in the next episode, and those outdoor battle arenas which Chasey/Corphish happened in, but she also showed...hot springs!

What would the point be of showing those hot springs if they're not going to do anything with them? Considering they spend the next two episodes in this Pokemon Center, there's a great chance we'll see the gang in them, right? Right?

Cyber, you have got to stop going so wild over the thought of a poorly animated 10-year-old girl in a bikini. :P

Anyone else think we were going to see the Unown dimension when Brandon was messin around with the puzzle? >> Gosh, I hope our favorite alphabet soup without the soup appears sometime in the next few eps.

Oh, and I think this ep's Boss Fantasy confirms that Meowth loves the thought of Giovanni shirtless.
    Last edited by Lil Brother; 7th August 2006 at 5:55 AM.

Dont know if its been mentioned yet but after watching it over again it seems like Ash challenged May to a battle. She stumbled back and declined then Nurse Joy said she wanted to battle him. You know come to think of it the only times shes actually wanted to battle ash was in the fighting dojo episode. But May wanted those noodles so badly she would battle anyone to get them. Then we did see pikachu vs. combusken but that never finished. Heres hoping that Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle! episode title is confirmed.

Meowths fantasy was mad crazy. That uppercut by chansey that knocked out Giovanni was awesome.lol. And i have to say it again Nurse Joy's personality is really good. May being alittle unsure about her goals make sense as well cuz she originally left to TRAVEL. She started liking pokemon and got into contests but I dont think its ever been mentioned that she wants to be the best coordinator or something. I think Drew said he wanted to be the best coordinator or something like that.

Uhm, yeah, like many other people I'm curious about the dialogues in this episode... but seeing how I'm still waiting for a good dialogue summary for the PREVIOUS Pyramid episode, I guess I'll just have to wait for the official English release of the thing D:

...everything else has already been said by other people. It's not like I'm going to complain about anything in this episode, which is rare :3

(still... hot springs! And Jindai is out of town. Meh.)

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Do I have to tell you that I wrote this as I watched by now? DO I? No. I shall instead tell you that yes, I don't understand Japanese beyond random words, hence all that "___ says stuff"-ish comments.

-And we begin with the standard Forest of Do...wait, where's the forest? I only see mountiains. ... And we begin with the not-standard Mountains of Doom...
    -Ash-tachi walk up to a Pokemon Center. Scott's standing with a Joy and a Chansey. Nothing unusua-
    -Joy runs up to Ash and makes a glomping motion that was actually just an exaggerated grab-Ash's-hands motion(by this point May and Max have moved away from Ash slighty. Smart kids.)
    -With another swift motion, Joy lets go of Ash's hands and opens the book she's holding, to reveal...
    -Pics of Ash from the Houen League?! Lady, I'm guessing you're waaaaay too old for him >> <<...although we hardly ever see people acknowledging Ash's accomplishments, so eh.
    -Ash is taken aback, but signs the book anyway. As I said, we hardly EVER see people who acknoledge Ash as the accomplished trainer he is. Of COURSE he'll sign it. That and because he's nice and all that.
    -Scott says something about Joy, Pokemon Contests, Pokemon Battles, and "Daisuki", so my rough guess is that he's saying Joy loves Pokemon Contests/Battles.
    -Joy continues to prove she's hyper when, in another swift movement, she grabs May's hands and brings out the book again, this time to a page with May's most recent contest pics.
    -After the initial O_O reaction, May's happy to sign the book.
    -And of course Brock hits on the Joy, probably mentioning that he's a gym leader or a breeder or something else that he thinks Joy might be interested in.
    -I'm guessing Scott says something to the effect of Jindai not being in the mood for battles today, seeing as Ash suddenly gets a let-down look on his face.
    -The scene changes to the Pokemon Center, and the background music changes to some you'd expect to hear in one of the gameboy games.
    -When thery get to the part with the Contest Hall in it, Joy gets out The Book again, this time with the page featuring...Joy! Can't tell if this is the same Joy or (a) different one(s). And one of the pics apparently has Lilian in it.
    -Blah blah blah they get to the battle field and talk...
    -Chansey takes off Joy's hat, and then...
    -Joy suddenly REALLY gets into the battling thing. Much to the surprise of Ash-tachi.
    -Cut to TR! They all seem tired(although Manene might just be imitating >>), and then Jessie starts yelling at James for something(isn't it fun not being able to understand what anybody's saying?), Meowth hears voices, and...they come across the battlefield!
    -Speaking of which...Joy takes off Chansey's hat, and the Pokemon reaaally gets into the spirit of things as well. What's WITH those hats?
    -The battle in a nutshell:Corphish hits Chansey with a Crabhammer(which doesn't seem to do much), Chansey bi-er, Doubleslaps Corphish, Corphish does some cutting move but Chansey dodges and then punches the 'phish, Corphish Bubblebeams which again doesn't do much, then Chansey runs into Corphish, knocking it to the ground(at this point Joy is doing an...odd...dance), Corphish gets back up and goes for another Crabhammer while Chansey builds up energy for a Solarbeam, the Crabhammer hits(and hits...and hits...over and over...) shortly before Corphish is blasted by a short-range Solarbeam, and THAT BEE-YOTCH IS KNOCKED OUT!
    -Joy & Chansey put their hats back on, thus becoming mild-mannered again. Them be mind-control hats?!
    -And of course TR wants that Chansey.
    -The Boss Fantasy this time involves The Boss fighting with Chansey(as in, human VS Pokemon), and later having Chansey help his injuries heal.
    -Back at the Pokemon Center, there's lots of talk about Joy and her Chansey and how Ash got his arse kicked by them by May and Max. Ash gets just a TAD irritated with all this.
    -...OH MY GOD IT'S A BLISSEY! HURRA...wait, Blissey don't have flat blue arms and constipated blue faces.
    -Chansey goes to help this horrible mutant, only to be caught by TR for its troubles.
    -Chansey takes this pretty well...until the hat falls off. THEM BE MIND CONTROL HATS!
    -TR gets blasted off by a Solarbeam, Jessie makes some comment about the hat(perhaps that it seems to alter her MIND?).
    -The hat falls down, conveniently landing on Chansey's head, who then goes from >:O! to ^_^.
    -Later, Brock's brushing Chansey(Chansey have hair/fur?), and May's...
    -May says something about Brock, Ash, and their dreams, then something about herself, then Max comes up and shortly after that it's nightime.
    -Jindai's in some ruin examining some ancient tiles with text on them when Ash comes along. Jindai's MUCH nicer this time around(you know, since Ash didn't set off 409567476 boulder traps this time). I notice that Jindai seems to refer to Ash as "shounen"(boy, for people who don't even know THAT much Japanese).
    -Jindai then uses the tiles as a sliding puzzle of sorts while muttering something about a dorr and such, before a holographic tablet shows up, Ash wonders what it is, and Jindai reads it(which helps a WHOLE LOT since I didn't understand anything beyond the word "hikari").
    -Jindai says some more stuff, Ash seems confused before starting about his battle, and then...
    -AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    -Okay, no Extreme Jindai Closeup this time, but it's SOMETHING.
    -Jindai says some more stuff, and it seems he agrees to a battle, just not right now. He then says something about Pokelantis, and Ash does a more somber "yes" than he did when Jindai mentioned the battling thing. The scene finishes up with Jindai telling Ash that he'll be using Registeel, with Ash just HAVING to say "Registeel..." as the scene ends.
    -Back at the Pokemon Center, Ash-tachi are talking to Oak, who says stuff about Registeel, and later mentions something with the word "new" in it(a new move for Torkoal, going by what I've read in other places).
    -When queried about the Pokemon he'd like to send back in Torkoal's place, Aipom seems to be it and DAMMIT THE MONKEY IS STILL HUGE. Oak apparently didn't know Ash had an Aipom(Aipom's head is illogically HUGE), which explains him getting excited over the thing.
    -Aipom is highly confused when it find itself in Oak's lab, with no Black-haired Hatperson in sight. It then decides to scratch Oak up, because it can.
    -The battle begins, and DAMN Registeel sounds cool.
    -Torkoal sends out a Flamethrower as Battle Frontier begins to play in the background, Registeel comes back at it with a Metal Claw, but Torkoal jumps WAY out of the way. That turtle's been training. Must have been sick of losing so much(oh, the irony considering how this battle turns out). Torkoal then demonstrates that it gained weight as it lands on top of Registeel, knocking the metallic golem over. Registeel sends off some generic dark ball thing, which Torkoal counters with another Flamethrower. And then...Lock-on! Torkoal actually gets a target on its head, Registeel uses generic energy ball again, but...Torkoal Withdraws! The energy ball leaves Torkoal with a lot of electricity cackling around it anyway(maybe it was Zap Cannon?), but Torkoal leaps at Registeel again anyway. But Registeel ain't taking that again! It grabs Torkoal mid-air...only to have that electricity transferred to it! Torkoal gets thrown towards to wall, but it manages to land with its feet on the wall before jumping away(Torkoal's got the MOVES!) and right back onto Registeel, proving that it's heavy again. Registeel gets back up, before Torkoal uses its new move - Heat Wave! But Battle Frontier is cut off as Jindai yells something and Registeel breaks out of the Heat Wave.
    -Torkoal uses Flamethrower again, but Registeel counters with...something. A something that causes a mini-tornado. Sandstorm? Can't really tell. Registeel sends another Something at Torkoal, who counters with Heat Wave, and after a while Registeel is caught in this firey tornado thing, but it fires off another Energy Ball, but Torkoal jumps out of the way and OVER the center of the tornado. It then lands on Registeel and starts to spin it around. Registeel uses Lock On plus the Energy Ball Thing again, blowing some **** up and leaving Registeel with an injured leg and Torkoal...fainted while standing up!
    -Jindai gives a speech about something involving hearts and one(there's that lack of ability to understand Japanese again).
    -The ep ends with Jindai giving the thumbs up to something Ash said, walking off to somewhere, and Ash-tachi standing in the sunset as the camera pans up to the Pyramid.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    Registeel sends off some generic dark ball thing
    +chokes+ Oh lord. This even beats MY description of Zap Cannon I made to a friend ("random blob of energy").

Juputoru, your summaries are always such a pleasure to read XD

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Registeel counters with...something. A something that causes a mini-tornado. Sandstorm? Can't really tell.
    Meh, I thought it was Superpower(but then it'd be more like a physical attack...). 'Suna Arashi' is Sandstorm; did he yell that?
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 7th August 2006 at 4:35 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Ok...so either the King that possessed Ash was a sucky battler, or Registeel was made to be much weaker than Regirock...

Either that or Torkoal has really been training on the sidelines with Oak and Tracy.

Now this is a loss I can see happening (as opposed to Heracross vs. Venusaur ) because it put up a damn good fight. Plus the attack that KO'd it is neutral against Torkoal (its SD isn't what a Torkoal is known for anyway).

Thank you Juputoru.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 7th August 2006 at 4:39 PM. Reason: giving Juputoru credit for the summary...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

does anyone know if there is any way of watching the episode other then pictures or is #pocketmonsters the only provider of raws?

and speaking of #pocketmonsters does anyone have any info on whether or not they are going to release the show the raw of 185?

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    +chokes+ Oh lord. This even beats MY description of Zap Cannon I made to a friend ("random blob of energy").
    What can I say? After the Weavile ep, all balls of energy that appear dark are Generic and thus indistinguishable from one another. Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon, it's all the same after seeing 409764576 Shadow Balls in one filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Meh, I thought it was Superpower(but then it'd be more like a physical attack...). 'Suna Arashi' is Sandstorm; did he yell that?
    ...it sounds like he's saying "Suna Arash" after bothering to actually listen, so yeah, I guess. I pictured Sandstorm as more of a battlefield-wide effect though, hence my doubts after seeing a small-ish tornado.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Finally seen the episode. Like Brandon's Regirock, his Registeel has a different voice than the Movie 8 one. On the music front, Battle Frontier makes its return. When was the last time we heard that, anyways? Anabel battle? Things were adequate on the animation front. It seems that it's not just one animation team that seems to be wanting to make Aipom look garganutan. Also, it seems as though I'm the only one who's not unhappy in the least bit about the thing being Oak'd already. Good riddance I say, even if it's no doubt short-lived.

Regarding the actual content, pacing wasn't as much of a problem as anticipated, even though it felt like two episodes crammed into one. The Chansey battle was alright, if short, but you have to admit, particularly when considering Torkoal's less-than-stellar treatment in Hoenn, the Registeel battle was damn close. Still, I'm not sure why Ash stalled when Torkoal was literally using Registeel as a beanbag.

(zeroX20, I'd go ahead and delete that if I were you.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Jindai's MUCH nicer this time around(you know, since Ash didn't set off 409567476 boulder traps this time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    What can I say? After the Weavile ep, all balls of energy that appear dark are Generic and thus indistinguishable from one another. Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon, it's all the same after seeing 409764576 Shadow Balls in one filler.
    is it just me, or do you really like those digits and enjoy switching them around everytime you want a random number?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Dont know if its been mentioned yet but after watching it over again it seems like Ash challenged May to a battle. She stumbled back and declined then Nurse Joy said she wanted to battle him. You know come to think of it the only times shes actually wanted to battle ash was in the fighting dojo episode. But May wanted those noodles so badly she would battle anyone to get them. Then we did see pikachu vs. combusken but that never finished. Heres hoping that Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle! episode title is confirmed.
    oh yeah.... forgot to comment on that. Haruka refused because she wanted to bathe in the hot springs.... which is odd, because she showed she sure as hell could stick around to watch Satoshi's battle with Joy (yes, CyberCubed, I'm afraid those writers and animators are tormenting you).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

This episode proves that Ash's torkoal is a special torkoal that is far stronger than it should be at it's evolutionary stage, with this in mind two hilarious crooks and their talking pokémon companion will set out to try and capture Ash's torkoal, however they are beaten time and time again by it in one hit, even when their pokémon fully evolve,
    obviously they becom a running gag in the show and will constantly appear while chanting a theme that suits them.

They will also have a far more complex backstory than any of the main characters within the end of this season, yet, although deeper than any other characters in the show, they will remain a barrel of (cheap) laughs but will somehow manage to capture the hearts of many and become favourite characters, losing their mean streak; and just having funny dialogue and scenes that resolve around a lot of clever puns; say, the male of the duo constantly getting ripped off by the same salesguy,
    or pokémon with spikes that hug their trainer when summoned.

Oh yeah. . the future will shine for torkoal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    This episode proves that Ash's torkoal is a special torkoal that is far stronger than it should be at it's evolutionary stage, with this in mind two hilarious crooks and their talking pokémon companion will set out to try and capture Ash's torkoal, however they are beaten time and time again by it in one hit, even when their pokémon fully evolve,
    obviously they becom a running gag in the show and will constantly appear while chanting a theme that suits them.

They will also have a far more complex backstory than any of the main characters within the end of this season, yet, although deeper than any other characters in the show, they will remain a barrel of (cheap) laughs but will somehow manage to capture the hearts of many and become favourite characters, losing their mean streak; and just having funny dialogue and scenes that resolve around a lot of clever puns; say, the male of the duo constantly getting ripped off by the same salesguy,
    or pokémon with spikes that hug their trainer when summoned.

Oh yeah. . the future will shine for torkoal.
    I was gonna say something, then I realized it was humor. Oh well.

Anyways, now that I finally got to see this battle in motion, I must say that I'm VERY impressed. It seems the writer's are a fan of come-from-behind wins, as Ash definitely had the advantage until Registeel did something or other that took it to the next level.

I think that Ash losing this episode was so that the creators could stall for more time to get the D/P saga ready for this september.

Ash used Torkoal in a battle when I was on holiday? Just so I couldn't see it ;.;

Well Torkoal learnt Heat Wave, looks awesome btw, and put up a bloody decent fight against Registeel. When I looked at the pictures I knew Torkoal wasn't going to win just because the writters wouldn't let Torkoal beat Registeel after it lost to a Steelix in the Hoenn League, it would really be odd and not work at all. However Torkoal in general makes this episode awesome. And it sorta leads me to the conclusion that Oak did train Ash's Pokemon while he looks after them.

Ash losing to Nurse Joy was kinda unexpected, and this new hyper Joy is just odd o0;;;

But go Torkoal, Oak is a miracle worker.

Angry

What can I say...Heat Wave is long overdue for Torkoal, and I'm glad to hear that the little guy's finally putting it to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    The only time we saw one was Ignorance is Blissey. And Blissey has about 200 more HP than her lesser form has. 'Wasn't off by much' is pushing it.XD
    No, it's not.

Pokemon = Base Stat(HP)/Max Stat(HP)
    Chansey = 250/704
    Blissey = 255/714

Even in Hit Points, 5 base stat points isn't necessarily a big difference(except in specific situations). And unless you're mincing numbers over Flail/Reversal/Substitute or facing the threat of coming up 1-10 points short of a KO against a pokemon with Counter, Mirror Coat or the two just-mentioned attacks, 10 Hit Points is hardly much at all.

Piece of advice, Pika Hikari: Don't take someone's concession as a carte blanche to attack them(*especially* when you can't back up your counterclaims). They just might strike back...hard. And I stopped giving credit for effort a *long* time ago.
    "Your taunts are ill-advised, Templar...do not provoke me to violence! You can no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow!"
    -----Enraged Dark Templar, Starcraft

"En Taro Adun! All for the empire! Doom to all who threaten homeworld!!!"
    -----Random Protoss Zealot, Starcraft

"You have persecuted us for generations, and now you beg us to aid you? We will do as we must...but we do it for Aiur, not you!"
    -----Annoyed Zeratul, Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafan View Post
    I think that Ash losing this episode was so that the creators could stall for more time to get the D/P saga ready for this september.
    Really, what an interesting theory indeed! Yes, that is the reason, everyone knows that.

It was nice to see Torkoal in a full (And real) battle! I'm glad Registeel one but Torkoal was great.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Saw the pictures before, but just saw the episode. It might sound wierd, but sometimes I swear that sometimes it sounds like they are speaking Spanish instead of Japanese. Anyways. I love these fangirl Nurse Joys that have been in recent eps. Chansey was awesome. Poor Corphish :'( . LOL...Aipom beat up Oak when it got Oak'd (oh please let it be temporary!). It looked like in the pictures it didn't. That's the second freaked out pokemon that attacked him when it got Oak'd (Bayleef was the other). I don't like Satoshi's voice when he yells/screams, it's a little too harsh for me. The battle music was awesome. I wish we got good music like that in the dub :/

Question: After Registeel's last attack, Registeel was knocked out, but Regi's the attack KO'd Torkoal first?
    Last edited by Nyami; 27th August 2006 at 11:47 PM.

Aipom was back with Ash in Rivals Forever. and yes it was all a matter of who collapsed first.

This episode was awesome. It was good to see a Chansey again AND one that battles was pretty cool, too. The Boss Fantasy was rip roaringly funny this time. It was also funny how Chansey went nuts after losing its hat as well as Aipom beating up Professor Oak. Registeel was cool, although I like the voice from the Lucario movie better. Torkoal's new voice sounded awful. It was great to see Heat Wave in the anime. The battle was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Don't you just love those Nurse Joy's that stand out and are different than the rest? This was one of them.

Isn't it funny that we're 450 something episodes into this show, and this is the very first time we've ever seen a Chansey in a normal battle? Chansey has never done anything but hang around Pokemon Centers, yet this one defeated Ash's Corphish.

So we have our Brandon rematch after a long time, and now we get to see Registeel. Ash's Torkoal returns after not beeing seen since the Hoenn league, and redeems itself with a very nice battle. You would have thought Ash had it in the bag too, but surprisingly, it seemed like Brandon won just because this season had a few more episodes left. The battle was a very good one overall, I'm glad Torkoal got one last chance to shine before AG ended.

Anyone notice that Brandon said he was off to the sealed chamber? If you played the R/S games, that's where the Regi trio is.

We also have May depressed and wondering about her goal, which is foreshadowing for the next episode and the end of AG. Great episode overall.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast