Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Overjoyed! (462)

It will air next Saturday before the next new episode (Medea can't wait for it)

-Hyper Nurse Joy was pretty cool and one of the toughest I've ever seen out of most of the Nurse Joys I've seen in the entire series (not including the Orange Island Nurse Joy)
    -FINALLY!!! We see Chansey fight big time! My prayers have been answered.
    -Aipom vs. Oak...I can't resist that! I do enjoy seeing things like that (like back in Johto when Bayleef attacked Oak)
    -I know all of the Contestshippers are on the edge of their seats in watching May this week. You know, the whole bit and I don't need to go into it.
    -Great to see Torkoal again and no comment about the voice.
    -Professor Oak's voice was okay. But let me say this now...DON'T F-UP YOU-KNOW-WHO'S VOICE! When the time comes, you'll know.
    -Torkoal vs. Registeel: Even though, I do not like any of the Regis, that was one hell of a battle. Somehow, it reminded me of the gym battle against Jasmine. Oh well. And I do enjoy seeing Ash lose once and a while, but losing two times in a row is a rare treat.

And that's about all.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    -Professor Oak's voice was okay. But let me say this now...DON'T F-UP YOU-KNOW-WHO'S VOICE! When the time comes, you'll know.
    I wouldn't worry about that, Medea, as Harley's VA tends to sound a lot like you-know-who at times.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

The Ninja with Ninjask sounded JUST like you-know-who also.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The Ninja with Ninjask sounded JUST like you-know-who also.
    I think we're referring to a different "you-know-who".

I thought we meant     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I thought we meant     Spoiler:- Click:
    No, we mean the guy in Medea's avy who likes to draw crap.

He wears a green shirt and has a headband, that's all the hints you get.

We heard his voice on the Pokemon Learning League already, he sounded fine.

I Loved This Episode, Nurse Joy Was Soo Funny!!

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

I believe it's Craig Blair, the guy who voiced Brandon and the salaryman coordinator, who'll be voicing Tr/Ke- I mean, you-know-who...

I wonder what would the other Nurse Joys and Chanseys be like without their nurse hats.
    You're in my world... and you will die in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by asia_catdog_blue View Post
    I wonder what would the other Nurse Joys and Chanseys be like without their nurse hats.
    Nurse Joy hats are clearly mind control devices that turn Joys into mindless drones who say nothing but "May I heal your Pokemon?" and whatnot. This had to be done, as without their hats, Nurse Joys are relentless killing machines. (Although...Aipom stole Joy's hat in the Kanto GF and nothing obscure happened.)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Nurse Joy hats are clearly mind control devices that turn Joys into mindless drones who say nothing but "May I heal your Pokemon?" and whatnot. This had to be done, as without their hats, Nurse Joys are relentless killing machines. (Although...Aipom stole Joy's hat in the Kanto GF and nothing obscure happened.)
    Chanseys, too?
    You're in my world... and you will die in my world.

^Yes, Chansey's too! Did anyone find it disappointing that instead of a blue "Blissey", we couldn't see a real Blissey?

Yeah, just what we need. Even more Charizard over-glorification. You'll get your wish and more in the near future.
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dark Star; 21st January 2007 at 11:23 PM.

XD

I really liked this episode, Brandon said "NOOOOO!" again, the change in Nurse Joy was good, nice twist in the battle since Ash usually only loses to someone once then wins, and Aipom left and attacked Oak

Torkoal sounded like Peppermint Patty on steroids.

So, Heat Wave...pretty cool. Seeing how it did little more to Registeel that Flamethrower....

Nurse Joy: "AHHH! MY YOUTH!!!"

~*~Made by Me~*~

I'm starting to think that Aipom is bound to become the Evil Monkey of the Pokémon World. I can just imagine it doing the evil glare and point thing that Chris's Evil Monkey does, but to Bayleef. Scary, isn't it?
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Well the mind control hats are only used on those nurse joys that have fighting spirit. If they accept their destinies as nurses, they don't need the mind control hats, but if they don't and want to become trainers then that's when they're used.

This was a rathe entertaining episode. Not only does Ash and May sign autographs, but Torkoal makes a nice reappearance and we get to see a side of Nurse Joy that isnt theoritically possible(at least not believable anyway). The episode title was slightly misleading, until i realized what exactly the title was referring to, then it wasnt so.

Funniest scene:
    Corphish gets beaten by Nurse Joy's Chansey, next thing you know, Chansey and Joy get their hats back on, and they bring Corphish to the Pokemon Center. Maybe this is where that infamous line in every Pokemon game "we hope to see you again", is being referred by.(Not likely, but it does make me think of that.

Next off, after Team Rocket gets blasted off, Chansey's hat miraculously(sp?) returns to her, as if it was destined to remain there.

The battle itself was rather fun, and actually showed Ash being calm, clever and useful in ages. But i guess that has something to do with the fact that he's having a rematch with someone that he really wants to defeat. While I'm here, i'll say that Registeel had a really robotic sounding voice to it, moreso than in LatMoM. I was also curious as to why Ash didnt try and use the same strategy he used to defeat Jasmine back in Johto(Sandstorm + Flamethrower anyone?). Then again, that's just about 5 seasons back, and im guessing that the writers didnt think anyone would have remembered that far back.

All in all, a rare episode and i hope it stays like so for a while longer.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

A cool episode. Torkoal should have killed that registeel if it was not for that one zap conon.

However did they have to mention that registeel is made of a metal not found on Earth even though registeels are found on Earth there4 making the metal to be found on earth in the form of a registeel. I mean they said it like 3 times and every time they seemed amazed at the fact.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

*Sniff* You know, I didn't really realize how much I missed that lovable crying turtle until I saw him again in this episode (and he didn't cry!). He was always so great for a chuckle and a grin during seasons seven and eight. It was awesome seeing Torkoal get in his best fighting since the brief scizor fight in "Vanity Fair", and he was AWESOME, even if he ended up losing. Nice to see that Registeel was getting tired at the end, when it collapsed slightly, before Torkoal went down. I liked when he bounced off the wall too. LOL

Also, I'm glad Brandon wasn't a jerk this time around like he was in his first episode. I still don't like his first episode, but at least he proves he can be more than just a very irritable person. That Nurse Joy and Chansey were a bit... interesting. Man, that was one tough chansey. Poor Corphish. I did like when chansey got ticked after its nurse hat fell on Jessie's head, though, and Jessie blasted off with it still on and wondered where it came from. LOL Oh yes, and I still like the new Professor Oak voice like I did in the Mirage Pokemon special. He sounds more like Oak here than he did originally, but I still love the new voice. I liked Aipom beating him up too, it reminded me of Bayleef in the Whirl Island Cup episodes.

Overall, 10/10. I can't wait for the final Pyramid fight.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 23rd January 2007 at 7:38 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

It was OK. Registeel is cool.

What did Torkoal's new dub voice sound like? Was it good or just lame?

Well, when he talked...

Babies cried, the ground opened up and Pidgeot emerged from the deaths of hell eating Misty's corpse...

It was okay.

Why is it Double Edge goes through so many changes?

that was a good episode.

The battle between Torkoal and Registeel was great.

Which Pokemon do you think Brandon is going to go search for?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast