Thread: Whats so good about Blissey?

Default Whats so good about Blissey?

Title of thread says it all. Why are so many people putting Blissey on their teams now? Has it got some sort of amazing move pool that i dont know about or is it because it has lots of HP?

It has loads of HP and an out of this world Special Defence. It's no good offensively, safe for the adequate Seismic Toss, but it's an amazing tank. That is, as long as it doesn't take a physical hit of any kind.

Ah right. So what sort of situations would it be useful in? Sorry if that was a noobish question but hey, that's what i am :P

it also gives u a rack of EXP for killing it
    my frend has one and we mixed records so i can fight him in his secret base and it gives you 8756 EXP if you kil it no matter what
    my Flaafy was at level 20 and blisey was at level 79 and it only had like 5 HP left and it died cuz of the sand storm and my Flaafy went all the way up to level 32 just for being there
    (blissey was a lready weakened by my swampert lv 92)
    FC: 0303 9199 2708

Quote Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
    Ah right. So what sort of situations would it be useful in? Sorry if that was a noobish question but hey, that's what i am :P
    Stoping special sweepers and healing your party of special conditions.

Blissey was my reason for winning gold in battle palace and was also part of my battle tower team when it reached the 100-win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
    It is an excellent special wall, can heal your party pokemon's status, can also annoy. I think that with that massive HP it has the power to survive a physical attack, even with that atrocious base 10 defense. That means that a counter will beat anything whose physical attack it survives.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Yeah,great special wall,best counterer(wobbfet is getting jelous)and an amazing movepool like most normals

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I use my Blissey for the softboiled attack after I use doubleteam on her six times. Then it is almost imposible to hit her, so softboil will restore the energy if she gets damage, and I have thunderbolt and ice beam to complete the attacks because she has higher special attack then physical attack.
    The former Icy Cyndaquil. Now I got a new way to think of things.

kirby Guest

Subpunch combo 2HKOs most Blisseys for me though. =/

Blissey is great because of her being the best special sponge in the game. 255 base hp and 135 base special defense and no special weaknesses means that she can take any special attack. Her hp and max defense makes her take some physical attacks as well. She can counter for an ohko. She also uses aromatherapy to heal status of your team, softboiled is superior to rest, and natural curse means she can take status.

She has no offense though relying on seismic toss to do any damage. She often loses to pokemon that can regain their health. Snorlax and Regice, the two other common special spognes, has some offense in Stab body slam and ice beam as well as other moves like thunderbolt and earthquake to take advanatge of their good attack and special attack stats.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

The good thing about blissy is the Amazing Sp.Def stats and the HP, Also, Its move like Softboiled can really help. But it is very poor on the offensive side..

-Kodan-

Credits go to Demonic for the awesome TC.

If you have a LV100 Blissey, a great move to teach it is Seismic Toss. Not only will it have super high HP, It will deal damage by 100 every time. Another great move is Softboiled. A high HP creature almost taken out... when suddenly it recovers.
    I only use all-out offensive moves in battle. If you're one of the people who doesn't waste time with stat moves, then copy and paste this into your signature. (started by brocko18)

Blissey is Excellent. Max 405 S.Def with S.Def+ Nature and Max 714 HP is nothing to scoff at. Even with that HORRID defense, it can take a T-Tar Focus Punch, with like a strand of life left(Max Def, Bold, Max HP.)
    Credit for this beautiful banner goes to IronSceptile_X

FPC -

just make sure and don't have Blissey against a fighting type or a ghost time, since Seismic (sp?) Toss is it's best attack and it's a fighting move (which means a ghost-type won't be affected), and a well-placed Focus Punch, Superpower, Break Brick, Sky Uppercut, or some other powerful Fighting-type attack from a powerful Fighting-type pokemon will usually send Blissey to the grave with one-hit (low defenses + fighting attack (which means double damage) + the STAB that the attack gets (which is x1.5) = one dead blissey)

If your oppenent, however, is free of any ghost-types and fighting moves, then Blissey can take a hit and dish it out with Seismic Toss.

The song of destruction, I am Ballade the Destroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer411 View Post
    Blissey is Excellent. Max 405 S.Def with S.Def+ Nature and Max 714 HP is nothing to scoff at. Even with that HORRID defense, it can take a T-Tar Focus Punch, with like a strand of life left(Max Def, Bold, Max HP.)
    So, in a very unlikely situation

That's even less likely than, oh I dunno, getting a critical hit on said Focus Punch

Trainer Card Maker (Only edited out of picture cause it looked bad)

in looks blissey isnt as good to chancy but in stats blissy rock hard

Blissy's a solid tank. Fighting pokemon tears it apart like a missle. Sofboiled is annoying but is really helpful.

Blisse is much better than Chansey in everyway. I like Blissey. I own two of them. Level 81: One has like Psychic, Counter, Softboiled and Metronome. The other one is at lv 50 and its better with Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Flamethrower and Defence Curl 6x to boost that defence of 51 upto 204 so I can make it a tank in defence and already a sponge in special defence. It's also good to either have leftovers or brightpowder/lax incense

it has alot of HP

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
    "I poop on you"

This is in the wrong forum. It should go in 2nd Generation Discussion.

Just because Blissey was introduced in the 2nd generation doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in the 3rd generation and so forth. Besides, The move aromatherapy was introduced in the 3rd generation and is used by many Blisseys.

have you ever fought it in the battle frontier if you have no good phyiscal sweepers you will die, it is imposible to take out, ive lost to it in the battle factory

"Poetry, the voice of spirit, will help Man to consent his soul be part of all that he can be indicating a new concept of beauty that will refer to human instinct of fight" quote taken from the futurist manifesto

It's a Healer and can Thunder Wave just about everything...just be carefull to not let it take a Focus Punch....
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]