Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: In Game Moveset Guide (Renewed)

Default Mewtwo

I traded Mewtwo from my FR game to my Ruby recently.

What I'd like to know is what EV spread I should have and a matching moveset?
    Level 70
    Nature: Calm (+SpecDef, -Atk)

HP: 229
    Attack: 157
    Defense: 139
    Special Attack: 238
    Special Defense: 161
    Speed: 194

Thanks

i think thats insaene tbh

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Ok, I'm raising a Wailord for the Battle Frontier, This is him:

Wailord @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
    -Rest
    -Curse
    -Waterfall
    -??

I need help with the fourth slot... Double Edge and EQ are out of the question, as I've already ev trained him and leveled him up to about 50.

*Double checks the Generation*

Waterfall is special in Gen III so QuakeEdge doesn't seem too bad an option. You could use QuakeTurn (Earthquake + Return) or EQ and Body Slam. For the filler you could run Amnesia thus giving you the ability to boost both of Wailord's poor defences.

But won't Swampert be better?

Swampert@Lefties
    Quiet
    -Surf
    -Curse
    -EQ
    -Ice Beam/Rest

A slight variation on the set I use (quite successfully) but instead of Curse I have Mirror Coat and Ice Beam over rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sabreus View Post
    Waterfall is special in Gen III so QuakeEdge doesn't seem too bad an option.
    Isn't QuakeEdge 4th Gen? Stone Edge doesn't exist in 3rd Gen.

Doh, I was thinking more along the lines of what the OP said, Double Edge and then pair it with EQ. But now that I think about it, Skarmory would completely wall it...

Novelty bulky Hariyama.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SDef/-SAtk)
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Rest

Quote Originally Posted by CMD Calcio View Post
    Novelty bulky Hariyama.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SDef/-SAtk)
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Rest
    It's nice, but as I said before, Sleep Talk would work over Bulk Up if you gave it a Guts ability.

Also, my Dragonite
    Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Nature: Quiet
    Thunder
    Heal Bell
    Brick Break
    Ice Beam

Before this set gets trolled for not having Dragon Dance and ideal moves, let me explain what this Dragonite does. Thunder is to scare the living hell out of Skamory, 2HK0 Milotic if you are faster than it, seeing it is a Quiet nature and Milotic's Ice Beam 2HKO's it too, and Thunder really makes DD Gayrados rage terribly. It also takes advantage if a ThunderDancer switches in. Brick Break is to dominate Tyrantatar, Snorlax, Hondoom, Umbreom, Aggron, Reflecting Magneton's and other pokemon that are weak to Brick Break. Heal Bell is there to Heal the team from status. This is also the perfect set to get rid of Blissey. Protecting itself from Blissey's Thunder Waves with Heal Bell, and destroying it with Brick Break. It also counters the SkarBliss Combo pretty well. Ice Beam is there to troll Claydol, Salamence, and Flygon. This set is pretty much only used to destroy the biggest threats in the game, with the exception of Gengar and Heracross, but Dragonite can just Thunder Gengar, and maybe destroy Heracross with Ice Beam.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPokemon View Post
    It's nice, but as I said before, Sleep Talk would work over Bulk Up if you gave it a Guts ability.
    True. But then it becomes less of a tank and more of a status absorber.

Novelty bulky Hariyama.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SDef/-SAtk)
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Rest
    Why you don't go with SubPunch Hariyama? While Rest recover your HP and protect you from Status moves, Substitute protect you from Hax and Status moves. As i said in my thread, it's hard to break Substitute from Hariyama, in LV100 He creates Substitutes of 107 HP, any Neutral Move won't broke Sub, and Sub also allows you to go with Thick Fat and Bulk Up. Guts+Bulk Up doens't match, Guts need to be statused to activate and raises your Atk by 50%. Bulk Up raises Def and Atk by 50%, it doens't need to be statused, and you use behind a substitute
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Julía View Post
    Why you don't go with SubPunch Hariyama? While Rest recover your HP and protect you from Status moves, Substitute protect you from Hax and Status moves. As i said in my thread, it's hard to break Substitute from Hariyama, in LV100 He creates Substitutes of 107 HP, any Neutral Move won't broke Sub, and Sub also allows you to go with Thick Fat and Bulk Up. Guts+Bulk Up doens't match, Guts need to be statused to activate and raises your Atk by 50%. Bulk Up raises Def and Atk by 50%, it doens't need to be statused, and you use behind a substitute
    He's using this set so he can Bulk Up, Rest when he is low, and hit hard with Rock Slide and Brick Break. SubPunching, even on a pokemon with high HP such as this, is hard to set up sometimes, considering there are are some pokemon that will just run your health down with Substitute.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

^
    Are you sure about that? The poke takes 2/3 turns To Woke Up, and you can't do a single a thing in that time, how much effective Rest gonna be?
    If he foughts a Swellow for example, you can't set up nor use Rest. Swellow, or anything with High Attack would screw up the Strategy. A Substitute makes sure you get a Bulk Up, Leftovers in LV50 recover 20 HP Per Turn...
    Thats Strategy is the few ones that Hariyama can handle in this gen. Also, Substitute takes 25% of your Health, and Leftover recover 10% of your Health. A Simple And A Amazing Combo For Any Set Up Sweeper
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

^
    Are you sure about that? The poke takes 2/3 turns To Woke Up, and you can't do a single a thing in that time, how much effective Rest gonna be?
    If he foughts a Swellow for example, you can't set up nor use Rest. Swellow, or anything with High Attack would screw up the Strategy. A Substitute makes sure you get a Bulk Up, Leftovers in LV50 recover 20 HP Per Turn...
    Thats Strategy is the few ones that Hariyama can handle in this gen. Also, Substitute takes 25% of your Health, and Leftover recover 10% of your Health. A Simple And A Amazing Combo For Any Set Up Sweeper
    Sigh. Rest takes 2 turns. Also, this brings me back to when I said "Use Sleep Talk with Guts!" because it is really effective. If this Fighting type went against Swellow, it's screwed, with or without Substitute. Trust me. Sub + Bulk Up can be effective, and so can Guts + Sleep Talk. It's really how you use it (and if you use it..).
    Substitute is not an amazing move, even using SubPunch with Leftovers, because usually what happens is that your opponent runs your HP down as you are Spamming Substitute because they keep on breaking it. It's nothing to brag about, and at that, Cross Chop is a better option over it if you are looking for power, but I would go for Brick Break for the sure hit.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Also, my Dragonite
    Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Nature: Quiet
    Thunder
    Heal Bell
    Brick Break
    Ice Beam

Before this set gets trolled for not having Dragon Dance and ideal moves, let me explain what this Dragonite does. Thunder is to scare the living hell out of Skamory, 2HK0 Milotic if you are faster than it, seeing it is a Quiet nature and Milotic's Ice Beam 2HKO's it too, and Thunder really makes DD Gayrados rage terribly. It also takes advantage if a ThunderDancer switches in. Brick Break is to dominate Tyrantatar, Snorlax, Hondoom, Umbreom, Aggron, Reflecting Magneton's and other pokemon that are weak to Brick Break. Heal Bell is there to Heal the team from status. This is also the perfect set to get rid of Blissey. Protecting itself from Blissey's Thunder Waves with Heal Bell, and destroying it with Brick Break. It also counters the SkarBliss Combo pretty well. Ice Beam is there to troll Claydol, Salamence, and Flygon. This set is pretty much only used to destroy the biggest threats in the game, with the exception of Gengar and Heracross, but Dragonite can just Thunder Gengar, and maybe destroy Heracross with Ice Beam.
    I'd replace HEal Bell with Dragon Dance. It's an innovative idea that:

-Ensure's you'll be outspeeding Milotic
    -At +2ish, maybe even +1, Blissey will fall to Brick Break
    -Allows you to lure in things like Skarmory, assuming its regular DD

On a side note, a few sets for Weezing:

Weezing@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpDef
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Pain Split
    ~Haze
    ~Sludge Bomb / Explosion

More of a mixed wall set, designed to cripple any physical attacker not immune to WoW, and ruin things like BP. Somewhat standard, just different EVs, allowing it to take on things like Milotic better.

Weezing@Choice Band
    Levitate
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Explosion

What the hell? WoW on a CB Pokemon? Yeah. It's to lure the opponent into thinking its standard, then it gets molested by a CB Attack.

Sigh. I should have said that I used that Hariyama with a Heal Bell Miltank in Colosseum so Rest wouldn't be an issue.

And for the record. I am a girl.

I'd replace HEal Bell with Dragon Dance. It's an innovative idea that:

-Ensure's you'll be outspeeding Milotic
    -At +2ish, maybe even +1, Blissey will fall to Brick Break
    -Allows you to lure in things like Skarmory, assuming its regular DD
    Yeah, I was going to use Heal Bell to Restore itself and its teamates, seeing Brick Break with 2HK0 Blissey (Yes.) and in Blissey's 2 Moves, it will probably use Thunder Wave, so I thought Heal Bell.. Funny, apparently Milotic is faster than Dragonite.. great.. so even though Thunder will 2HKO it, Milotic's Ice Beam (when it hits the second time) will kill it... ergh. Yeah.. I'm going to change Heal Bell with Dragon Dance so I can out-speed pokemon, and at that, power up Brick Break...
    Well, Thanks Since Heal Bell was only supposed to heal Will-O-Wisp, Toxics, and Paralysis, should I give Dragonite Lum Berry over Leftovers?

Sigh. I should have said that I used that Hariyama with a Heal Bell Miltank in Colosseum so Rest wouldn't be an issue.

So you are using Rest? Wooh. And your a girl? Wow, I know nothing...

Sincerely,
    Everyone

You should have Explained why you play Pokemon Colosseum in 2012 xD
    I rarely see anyone playing this game, irc!
    @WillsPokemon
    -Can you send the link of the guy who suggested Sleeptalk combo for Hariyama. I'll give 'ya kiss if we stop fighting and send me the link ^^
    The Black Mages!

So you are using Rest? Wooh. And your a girl? Wow, I know nothing...
    Yes and yes. But like I explained before I have Heal Bell support with Miltank in play since Colosseum is all 2v2.
    Probably for the same reason you still play the 3rd Gen games!

Probably for the same reason you still play the 3rd Gen games!

We both play these games 'cause they're awesome?
    And i'd rarely see someone playing Gamecube these days, specially in Serebii.
    The Black Mages!

@WillsPokemon
    -Can you send the link of the guy who suggested Sleeptalk combo for Hariyama. I'll give 'ya kiss if we stop fighting and send me the link ^^
    Any good trainer who wants to take advantage of Guts? Smogon, so to say.

Also, replacing some pokemon. Taking out Sceptile. This what I'm going to put over it.
    Ludicolo @ Shell Bell (In BF, I use Shell Bell because 2 other pokemon have Leftovers)
    Nature: Bold/Calm (which?)
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Dive
    Seismic Toss
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed

The set is pretty cool, but honestly have no clue if it is going to work. First thing I do is us Leech Seed to drain my opponent. Then Rain Dance. Now I have 3 recoveries. Wooh. Dive is to make it a major annoyer, making it impossible to really even 0HKO, and then bam, hitting with Dive the second turn. Seismic Toss is just there for coverage, and because any other move it learns is basically decreased by Rain Dance.

Also, Dragonite just got changed to SubPunch set with Leftovers.
    Last edited by KingWiggins; 26th April 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

your opinion on my blissey! it's not final yet ^_^! pokemon leafgreen

btw , I dotn have access to these tms : reflect , psychic , toxic , and others I havent specified.

blissey @ leftovers
    softboiled
    minimize
    calm mind
    ice beam / some other good SPECIAL move

here's how the strategy works : I switch in to blissey on a special attacker, then I start of minimizing until my evasion is maxed , then I proceed to calm minding to max sp.att and sp.df , then I proceed to attack maybe sweep with a special move ( ice beam is a possibility ) and I heal off major damage with softboiled , and let the lefties do the minor damage healing.

remember that MOVES arent phisycal or special in gen 3 , TYPES are sorted into physical and special. THNX alot in advance (:
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314