Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Meowth dressed up as Sukizo...XD
    Did he get a chance to say "Suki desu ne"? That would make the episode for me.

EDIT: Reading Juputuru's diatribe, Scott did. XD XD XD XD

Man, Harley looks like a woman without his hat. Moreso. I'll have more thoughts later after I've seen the episode.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Oh crap, could there be a chance May leaves the team for the Johto contests? I mean, both her rivals are going there and it seems kind of a waste to give her all new ones...And Gary in Shinou? Is he researching or getting back into the trainer game?

If they want to market the Super Contests in Shinou then May would obviously have to stay.

For all we know just Drew/Harley are being written out for the time being. She's beaten them both already, so it's not like she's never caught up to them. Drew will probably come back after Shinou though.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    For all we know just Drew/Harley are being written out for the time being. She's beaten them both already, so it's not like she's never caught up to them. Drew will probably come back after Shinou though.
    No we don't. All it seems right now is that they look like they're going to be gone like how they normally do and until I hear from either of their VAs, I'm not convinced. Speaking of which, Saiga-san has said absolutely nothing about Pokemon this past month. Johto is pretty far away so there's a chance May might run into them again if she's heading there.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    They were talking about how she battles. They said that she battles too much like Ash and it really isn't a very good thing since co-ordinators should defend and attack with gracefulness, but May doesn't defend much beacuse she pratices with Ash a lot and her defence skills isn't really good.
    Ah. I suppose she DOES seem to rely on offense a lot, and it would explain why the attempts May and Drew made at avoiding hits later on seemed more frequent this time(if May herself ever noticed what Scott and Brock mentioned).

After some thinking...I think that purple zig-zag on the poster is from Heracross' horn. So that accounts for all his Oaked Pokemon other than Noctowl. Hmm. ...yes, I have nothing better to wonder about than the poster, at least not until we get translations of the odder bits of the ep(such as the scene with Gary). DX
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I think Noctowl could of used psychic powers to write fight...

Or perhaps that small blue dot above Cyndauil's paws is it's beak.

Just to remind everyone, Scott doesn't have slits for eyes. he was impersonating Sukizo. He has opened eyes.

Well Cyber seems to be in denial, but this ep is a strong blow towards May staying on the main series. A combination of her battling abilities being impaired by being around Ash, her being very unhappy as of late over this little fact, and suspicious contests in Johto do not bode well for her character at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Just to remind everyone, Scott doesn't have slits for eyes. he was impersonating Sukizo. He has opened eyes.
    He makes a perfect impersonation of Sukizo-san doesn't he? XD

Harley seems to be on friendlier terms with Drew and May in this episode. o.o; Meh, I'll just rewatch all his old eps. 8P

http://images.cjb.net/096e9.gif

I couldn't resist making a .gif of this scene. xD
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

I for one am glad May is staying and also that Drew and Harley are leaving. Both rivals were excellent in Hoenn and the latter even in Kanto (although Drews fleeting appearences are little participating irked me). I think they both left at the right time - I wouldnt be happy if they were used again and again until they became stale.

Hopefully we'll get some funky new rivals in Shinou. I'm wondering, though, if the contest format will change at all.

I am SO very pleased with this episode.

Harley's Japanese VA' is Sonic the Hedgehog. XD

^^ May staying is still not confirmed. After watching the episode it really does look that they are setting up for May to leave. As IP mentioned comparing her style to Ash, losing to drew again (badly) and she used her best pokemon, Combusken. Harley is also leaving and they mention SAORI being there as well. Harley's character seems to be done with, hes turned good from what I can tell.
    Other points:
    - May does know about Shinou too, Oak mentioned shinou in front of everyone. But theres no mention of contests there.
    - This Nurse Joy is my favorite one, her personality is just amusing. Harley's reaction to Joy being a fan is really funny when she asks him to "sign" her book.
    - SAORI (love her) is mentioned a couple of times by Drew. Shes also in Johto, this may be the reason why Drew has decided to go there.
    - The battle was good but Combusken couldn't do anything against drew's pokemon. Roselia yet again beat May, Beautifly and Combusken couldn't even land a single blow on Roselia. With all the hype combusken was getting and its definetly strong it should've knocked some sense into roselia. Combuskens overheat is not a big fireball anymore. Bottom line May got pwned by Drew. Im actually more mad about combusken getting owned like that.
    - Ash and Brock seem to be excited when they hear Drew is going to Johto.
    - May telling Ash to win is sweet.

Pretty cool episode. Was there any explanation though as when/why he caught Butterfree? Oh well, goodbye Drew and Harley. We will always remember you. Just hope they dont end up in a mountain together...

May leaving...probably not, but who knows? Hopefully she stops being emo though before she goes.

Pros:

+ Combusken gets another well deserved loss (current record 11-4)
    + Drew/May might leave (although I wouldn't count on it)
    + Cacturne got to defeat something besides Azurill

Cons:

- Harley might leave
    - Why is Harley desparate for Jessie to compete in contests?
    Last edited by GreenKirby; 11th August 2006 at 9:22 PM.

Season One Complete!

Harley's Japanese VA' is Sonic the Hedgehog. XD
    ...bwhaha. XD

This episode is great. We got two random fillers about Pokémon who aren't avaliable for capture yet... then we get two episodes in a row that involve a Nurse Joy with personality, Brandon, Professor Oak, Drew, Harley, and tons of awesome moments from those characters. Huh.

I really hope that FIGHT! poster is held up at the final Brandon vs. Ash match.

Of course Cyber's saying May will go to Shinou.

The impersonations of the Contest judges and Lillian were awesome. XD

I wonder why Scott's hanging around here? Doesn't he have other trainers to stalk/rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -We get another neat piece of music this ep(am I just paying more attention than normal or are we getting a lot of new/rarely seen pieces?)
    It's a version of Advance Adventure. I think a karaoke version of the acoustic version from the Jirachi movie CD... Fitting, since AG is ending.

Their was a nice BGM of movie 8 when Drew and May were talking on the cliff at the end (first time a 8 movie BGM has played in the show)

Rofl at Harley the Hedgehog.

Shoot me if you must, but I think this episode was another stretched out one. Don't get me wrong, the ideas and the plot were great but it seemed to be...missing something.

It's a shame that Drew and Harley will be leaving, as they're two of my favourite characters (and I may even be as crazy as to say they are my favourite characters). Oh well, I guess we have to move on. And if May leaves, we'll have to move on with that as well. We've got a lot to watch out for as this saga comes to a close, and with some excellent episodes also.

That episode was mostly confusing. I was a bit annoyed that Gary hasn't changed a bit when he talked to Ash. So much for him turning over a new leaf.

Still, it was great to see May's Skitty and Beautifly again, although I'm not sure if they will stay on May's team.

I liked this episode, it was pretty entertaining.

- Just seeing/hearing a mention of Misty made me happy in this episode.
    - Gary seemed a bit more mature than before, but I guess it was nice seeing Gary again.
    - First off, Roselia back to normal, I almost forgot that it was/used to be supersized, lol.
    - Shuu's face when Nurse Joy came up to him was hilarious/cute, IMO.
    - Nurse Joy, she was crazy, like a fangirl...but even though I didn't know what they were saying, Nurse Joy made me laugh anyways.
    - Totally liked the Haruka/Shuu talking on stage part, Shuu trying to assist/help her was nice.
    - Harley was cool/surprising in this ep. His movements when Nurse Joy went up to him was hilarious. The little Harley/TR parts were cool.
    - Haruka/Shuu battle was so awesome, I think that battle was the one that really kept me entertained, almost more than the GF ones. Butterfree was strong, for some reason ( i don't know why) I wasn't really expecting it to be that strong. It was a great battle for both Shuu and Haruka.
    - *squels* I just love that sunset setting, it was so cute. The entire scene with them was nice.
    - Harley wanting Jessie to come to Johto was surprising, I wonder why he wanted her to come.

Harley seems to be on friendlier terms with Drew and May in this episode. o.o; Meh, I'll just rewatch all his old eps. 8P
    Yeah, I noticed that too, it kinda shocked me...I mean they didn't seem as suspious ( except for Max) atleast I don't think they did as they normally did.

As soon as I saw that, I first thought of Airbender Harley, lol.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Overall the epsiode was entertaining but this is one with a lot of dialogue that would've been nice to know what everyone was saying. One of the question if someone could answer it is if Max suggests that Ash and May battle, with Ash repsonding with his usual enthusiasim but May flat out saying no?

The Drew and May battle was kinda silly imo just do to the fact that she comes off an epic victory against Drew in the GF but flat out gets worked over in this exhibition bout. The combo attacks where nice to see though and at least made the battle interesting.

May staying or going is a 50/50 chance imo. Drew and Harley are gone, if you where going to keep them around you would not even bother mentioning Johto in the first place so thinking otherwise is basically wishful thinking unless the writers are offically crazy. Johto contests could very easily be an excuse to give May new rivals in Shinou. It doesn't mean May herself has to follow them there. So I see really nothing in this episode that makes me say that May is definatly gone. It's just really hard for me to see the writers dumping her character at the peak of her popularity. She got a bigger role in movie 9 and her own ending so it's for me to see the writers replacing her with Hikari rather than just creating something for Hikari to do. Also this episode's placement is kinda off for this to lead to her departure. It would've made more sense to put this after Ash wins the Battle Pyramid when your setting up your character for there next saga whatever that may be. Of course I wouldn't argue with people that May could be going either since there is a lot of good points for that arguement too. I'm leaning on May staying for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jikkle View Post
    One of the question if someone could answer it is if Max suggests that Ash and May battle, with Ash repsonding with his usual enthusiasim but May flat out saying no?
    Yeah Max did suggest that and May did say No. I believe she also said something about Ash's Strength, probably being too good for her and stuff. Ash just says "Haruka" cuz he also notices how disturbed she is and she shouldnt say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Yeah Max did suggest that and May did say No. I believe she also said something about Ash's Strength, probably being too good for her and stuff. Ash just says "Haruka" cuz he also notices how disturbed she is and she shouldnt say that.
    Kind of makes you wonder why they agree to have a battle with each other a few weeks from now.

Well, well, well...*dead silence*

12:00am: Read some synopsis.
    4:00am: Looked at screenshots.
    5:30am: Watch episode.

You know what, I looked forward to this episode for more than just the great Contestshipping and Harley. I had high friggin' expectations about a lot of things. Don't get me wrong, I love Harley and Drew. But when I see Professor Oak, Scott, a mini-Misty lure, and even a flashback of Gary...What do you think comes through Medea's mind. I WANTED TRACEY! That would have been so cool if Tracey was in the same episode as Harley and Drew. *Medea's dreams are shattered again*...Ah life sucks!

Well other than that crap, good episode overall. And now things I would love to point out...

-Great seeing Beautifly and Skitty again.
    -In that photo album of Joy's, I finally get to see Harley in a couple of her pictures without his hat. I'm loving that.
    -Scott doing a tiny impression of Sukizo...that was funny!
    -Thank the great, good Lord that Drew won and that May's baby puke-bucket wasn't in this battle.
    -CONTESTSHIPPING! I am a fan and don't make fun. There were just so many cute scenes like when Drew and May were watching the sunset. I hate it when someone has to ruin that for me.

Well that's all for now...toodles!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Kind of makes you wonder why they agree to have a battle with each other a few weeks from now.
    Maybe because the battle with Drew and meeting Harley cheered her up. That or she will battle him one last time before leaving. Hence "Ash vs. May! The Last Battle!!" I would prefer May to stay but this episode did nothing but hint towards her leaving.
    However CC you shouldnt be mad that May leaves(if she does). You shouldnt be mad because they are making a decision to make the character happier. Everytime a Misty fan groans about Misty gone you point out that she is happy and is fine being a gym leader which is true. If May leaves it should be just as understandable since May mimicks Ash's battle strategy too much for it to be good for a coordinator and her rivals are all setting off to Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And it turns out to be a contest too. Maybe a final battle until good-bye?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast