Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Quote Originally Posted by Medea
    But when I see Professor Oak, Scott, a mini-Misty lure, and even a flashback of Gary...What do you think comes through Medea's mind. I WANTED TRACEY! That would have been so cool if Tracey was in the same episode as Harley and Drew. *Medea's dreams are shattered again*...Ah life sucks!
    I recall Kenji being mentioned. In one sentence.

Just for reference, Agehunt was using Psychic (saiko kineshisu) and Butterfree used Psybeam (saike kousen), Protect (mamoru) and Razor Wind (kamai tachi). Wakashamo used Fire Spin (honoo nouzu), Sky Uppercut (sukai appaa), and Overheat (ooba hiito) and Roselia was using Petal Dance (hana biranomai), Magical Leaf (majikaru rifu) and Solarbeam (sooraa biimu).
    Last edited by Satoshi; 12th August 2006 at 1:48 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I think this is May's swan song, now I'm certain of it. People were joking she'd go to Johto and disappear to the ages, and now look---Drew, Harley AND Saori are all going there. Considering that the latter is the coordinator who destroyed May in the final battle of the Grand Festival, and that anyone suffering that kind of defeat would want to even the score, she's gonna follow them.

Might Gary be making a comeback, though? It's pretty certain now Ash is staying. Since Gary sent Ash a postcard of Shinou, it's reasonable to assume he might be there already.

So many possibilities, all to be answered in such short order.....

EDIT: That Nurse Joy is SCARY.

EDIT 2: WTF happened to Harley's hair?
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 12th August 2006 at 1:59 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master View Post
    However CC you shouldnt be mad that May leaves(if she does). You shouldnt be mad because they are making a decision to make the character happier. Everytime a Misty fan groans about Misty gone you point out that she is happy and is fine being a gym leader which is true. If May leaves it should be just as understandable since May mimicks Ash's battle strategy too much for it to be good for a coordinator and her rivals are all setting off to Johto.
    Trust me when I say that Haruka will be happier with Satoshi-tachi.

I have a question anyways, Has Masato even thought about what he's gonna be doing at all?
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Hye, I might be missing out alot of information but please, dont flame me, could someone pleas ejust answer a question of mine? i watched a raw of the episode and when Oak gave Ash the picture it sounde dlike they were talking about Shinou. So does this confirm Ash is going to Shinou?

Sorry, if this is a question i should already know the answer too, its just that I havent been keeping up with the anime news. And last I heard, the series has a possibility of Ash and friends leaving and starting over with the new girl.

Gary invited Ash to go to Shinou to see something.

As for Max, no, he hasn't said anything about what he's doing. Most of us imagine he'll just be with May wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ハルカ and ゴンベ View Post
    Trust me when I say that Haruka will be happier with Satoshi-tachi.
    Happier than being able to explore a new region on her own, bogged down by no one, with the chance to compete with her two long time rivals (and new third if Saori WAS mentioned) and become famous on her own?

You're sounding as if your being an AdvancedShipper is clouding your judgment.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    That episode was mostly confusing. I was a bit annoyed that Gary hasn't changed a bit when he talked to Ash. So much for him turning over a new leaf.
    I was glad to see him acting like his old self. Post-Kanto Shigeru was boring.
    ~

May certainly isn't doing poorly while traveling with Ash.

She came in the Top 4 in the GF, she almost won the entire damn thing! Saori was just an elite, she was very experienced so it's no surprise May lost. Pretty much the same way Robert took down Drew in the Hoenn GF.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    (and new third if Saori WAS mentioned)
    Which she was. It sounded as if she was Shuu's reason for going there in the first place.
    ~

I thought with Robert, Drew was able to take his points down to a half. With Saori, May only damaged a fraction of her bar.

And if you can remember, she's depressed because her battling skills uses more brute force than style. No matter how far May had come on this GF, she's depressed because she's influenced towards Ash's battling skills rather than going on her own skills.

And you were indeed the one who said that May beating Drew that time might not have been a clean victory for her coz Absol was still alive and kicking.

Maybe or maybe not. However Scott and Brock both had a conversation about Ash affecting her too much and that her battle style mimicks Ash's style and isnt good for a coordinator to be so offensive. She also lost to Drew in the very same episode and she was using her two best pokemon.

I dont want her to leave but they are leaving alot of hints that could lead to her leaving.

This episode is good. We finally get some confirmation Ash is staying because they mentioned him going to Shinou. I really hope Gary plays a bigger part next season (I doubt he'd revert back to his old position as one of the main characters though). May might be going to Johto, which wouldn't bother me too much. Same goes for Drew and Harley. Great characters while they lasted, but we need change. Same thing that happened with Pocket Monsters has to happen to AG. But anyway, I'm hoping the Pyramid is coming soon.

Come on May fans!
    1. May depressed battling style is too much like Ash's
    2. Both rivals going to Johto
    3. New girl shown to be in Shinou
    All these point to her leaving the group, or the group dismantling and Ash starting alone in Shinou...

Actually, Drew said that she lost so easily because she got too "confident" with her win at the GF and let herself slide.

Rivals going to Johto means little, they can simply be written out. Hikari is also only involved with the legends, so she doesn't interfere with May.

Super Contests + Munchlax + Eevee + popularity implies that May will continue. You cannot forget KAORI's positive remarks about how she wants to work with the show for a long time, either.

Shuu and Harley maybe getting a break. It allows Haruka to have new, fresh rivals and Shinou, and the two of them to return later and be very fresh.

Shigeru in Shinou is awesome news. Pretty much confirms Satoshi going there, and Haruka by extension.

The battle was pretty good, although one sided. I really loved the music used in the Haruka/Shuu scene later in the episode, too. And Fangirl Joi-san is awesome, as was Enishida's "Suki desu ne".

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    I was glad to see him acting like his old self. Post-Kanto Shigeru was boring.

Agreed. Gary had flair and a hell of a lot of girls back then.
    Anway, Gary in Shinou means he'll have some appearances...

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

Indeed. This is the best example of a stale character taking a break and becoming "good" again.

Misty became a better character as a Cerulean Gym leader, and Gary (according to that one scene) has his edge back. For god sakes, writers, save Brock's character!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiori View Post
    I thought with Robert, Drew was able to take his points down to a half. With Saori, May only damaged a fraction of her bar.
    Technically Saori's should have gone farther down, since the hit with Fire Spin that Combusken made against Pidgeot did absolutely nothing to the bar. Then again, May has had some score rigging in her favor in the past...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

She came in the Top 4 in the GF, she almost won the entire damn thing! Saori was just an elite, she was very experienced so it's no surprise May lost. Pretty much the same way Robert took down Drew in the Hoenn GF.
    Funny because the conversation in the ep was all about how Ashes influence is bringing her down as a coordinator. One of the main reasons she looks so depressed I presume
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Funny because the conversation in the ep was all about how Ashes influence is bringing her down as a coordinator. One of the main reasons she looks so depressed I presume
    ONE conversation, shared between Brock/Scott for less than a minute.

May is depressed because she lost to Saori and doesn't know what to do next about her goal. Losing to Drew again didn't help matters.

All because it was one convo doesn't mean it wasn't a heavy handed attempt on the part of the writers to suggest Ashes mentoring of May didn't pay off well

Which is BS because coming in the Top 4 is a hell of an accomplishment.

Maybe losing to Drew was another learning experience so now she knows better. Problem solved.

Ooh Cyber's getting angry. I really don't see why your scoffing the idea of her leaving so much. Its not like its confirmed but your acting like its not a distinct possibility

Please, I'm not angry.

I watched the episode again and after Drew leaves and is presumedly heading off to Johto, May simply waves goodbye to him and says she'll get as strong as him again.

Also, when Drew says he's going to Johto when they're staring at the sunset, May looks really sad. That doesn't give me the impression of someone who is jumping first chance she gets to run off to Johto with Drew.

I don't know, her body language and sadness did not seem to imply she's going to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't know, her body language and sadness did not seem to imply she's going to follow them.
    Didn't really seem like she was going to stay much longer if she wants to pursue a goal. Remember in the previous epsiode her reason for being so sad was because she had no goal, but now since Drew beat her and she's heard of Johto hosting contests she actually has something to pursue.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast