Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Wow, i've heard nothing about Brock. Though i didn't care about Ash staying or not. Ehhh, whatever. I hope that since Gary introduced Shinou to Ash means he'll be there...probably not. Whatever, again. I have nothing to say about May and i extremely don't care bout' Max
    I will be leaving Serebii Forums at the end of this year. I no longer can keep up with Serebii with my busy schedule.Though I am up for trading and battling.

Friend Codes:
    Diamond: 2793-3418-5480
    Pearl: Soon to come
    Platinum: Ditto

Is this the first time Movie 8 BGM has been used in the anime?

Even if Saori didn't make an appearance, it's good to know that the writers aren't completely abandoning her like they did with Ash's posse of Hoenn League rivals. Animation was great in this episode, though Harley looked a little off in a few poses. Speaking of Harley...

Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't know, her body language and sadness did not seem to imply she's going to follow them.
    She also could have reacted that way because it put her with such a tough choice to make, knowing that either way she chooses to go, she won't be seeing some of her friends for quite a while. It works both ways.
    ~

I think May is staying, she didn't seem to jump at the chance of the Johto contests.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    But Butterfree ain't letting that happen, as it uses...something that LOOKS like Psychic but doesn't bear its name...to hit Combusken with the PsychicFireGrass thing that the derbis has become
    it was Nenriki (Confusion). And yes, a Butterfree finally used it! ^^ We already saw it in the trailer, but still..... 10 friggin' years for the anime to showcase this Pokemon using this move. And it wasn't even a TM or some unusual, high-level move. This is a friggin' low-damage attack that Butterfree learns shortly after evolving (and in later games, immediately after evolving), why couldn't it be used as a staple move? Probably the same reason Satoshi's Hinoarashi never learned Flame Wheel (IOW the writers just suck that way :P). Well, with Butterfree's psychic attacks down, I guess all that's left for me to see is an anime portrayal of Sketch... and maybe one or two other attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    at least not until we get translations of the odder bits of the ep(such as the scene with Gary). DX
    Shigeru: "Get a hold of yourself, Satoshi-kun!"

Satoshi: "Shi... Shigeru..."

Shigeru: "You won against me. You shouldn't admit defeat."

Satoshi: "I know that."

Shigeru: "That so? So what are you going to do?"

Satoshi: "I'll win. This next time, I'll be sure to..."

Shigeru: "Because you won't choose to stop associating with me, am I right?" [laughs]

I couldn't make out a couple of lines, but this was translated to the best of my ability. Anway, it seems as though the scene in question isn't a flashback. Satoshi and Shigeru never met after their wardrobe change, and I don't recall Satoshi being so distraught over his loss against Hadzuki in the Shirogane Tournament, so it's doubtful Satoshi's looking back on Shigeru giving a pep talk at the time (though, to be fair, the show's riddled with inconsistencies, and it could be easy to overlook such details). Judging from the scenery matching exactly what was in the postcard, I'd say Shigeru and his encouragement was just a figment of Satoshi's imagination.

And if such is the case, then sadly, what was said about Shigeru improving after being gone so long can't exactly be confirmed (and being Satoshi's imagination, he's bound to portray him in a certain way). Nontheless, it was good to see Shigeru not act like his dull Jouto self. Stuff like that makes it sad to see him go. On another note, we have no clue on the Jouto contest situation (god damn, they are really throwing us for a loop until the last minute, aren't they?), but if Haruka's rivals really are leaving the show, then.... god, I'm gonna miss both of them. It's obvious I'd miss Harley (though, I guess people have a point that he could grow stale), and Shuu was actually starting to grow interesting with the Grand Festival (some people say the same thing said about Harley: this would keep him from staling. However, if anything, Shuu was stale when he first appeared, nothing but some monosexual Jouto Shigeru knock-off. He's only begun to grow out of that crap T_T).

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    I think Noctowl could of used psychic powers to write fight...

Or perhaps that small blue dot above Cyndauil's paws is it's beak.
    no, Ookido specifically mentions that he wrote "FIGHT!!" But the blue dot sounds reasonable. Speaking of the sign, I friggin' loved how I noticed Waninoko's prints right off the bat. XD Sadly, those are probably the only prints that show off a Pokemon's personality. Also, about that big green print.... I agree with Juputoru, it looks like Cotoise, but it's too friggin' huge. Also, does this mean he traded back Cotoise for Aipom? Or was this sign, perhaps, made before he fought Jindai's Registeel (and thus, Ookido undermines his pupil's abilities... though, perhaps rightfully so, given that taking down a legendary's certainly no easy task)?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    - Ash and Brock seem to be excited when they hear Drew is going to Johto.
    they just bring up how nostalgic it is, having been in Jouto before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    ...bwhaha. XD
    it's true, you know. Kanemaru Jun'ichi does indeed voice both Harley and Sonic the Hedgehog. I wonder if Harley's dash really was a reference to that like Kojiro makes it out to be (I already have a suspicious feeling that this is also why Harley enjoys the usage of Engrish ^^).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 12th August 2006 at 9:28 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Drew strike back with a vengence. And yes, I'm one happy TBA for the writers finally realizing that Butterfree can use Psychic Powers (if only they had remembered back in the first episode with Bulbasaur). Not to mention Butterfree got down its clone.

Okay, this Nurse is starting to scare me. She goes bonkers whenever her hat is off (which we wonder what happens when she sleeps) and is a bit too hyper for my tastes. I wonder if someone accidently put expresso in her blood surrogate. [/Brave New World reference]

Marg, a perfect chance to get rid of TR wasted. Damn Jessie's blind loyalty (she'd probably fare better in life if she quit and did contests).

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

All that is established in this episode is that Drew and Harley are gone. We won't know if this episode is a setup for May being leaving the group and going to Johto or this episode is a setup for new Rivals in Shinou. Arguements are strong on both sides so might as well wait for Ash vs May episode to get the final answers. I must say no matter what happens the writers have sure done a good job to hook everyone so kudos to them for that

I'll get the negative's out of the way first~

-Yeah...now that I've watched this, I can side with Sushi in saying that they maybe should have saved Iwane for another episode. Don't get me wrong, Shuu and Harley at least deserved to go out in style and you can't complain about any episode animated by this dude. But...there just wasn't any need for him this time around. It was more talky-talk than walky-walk, which meant a lot of scenes where the animation was limited. Methinks it would have been more preferable to have him work on 'Ash vs. Haruka! The Last Battle'.

-The battle between Shuu and Haruka was ...well, I didn't like it as much as I should have. It was a good fight and all, but 'Syamo and Beautifly went down way too easily for my tastes. Especially when you take into account the amount of abuse 'Syamo had been taking from Absol back in the Grand Festival. It seemed rather awkward to have it fall victim to a double beam blast. Yeah, yeah, I know it's to set Shuu up as a more prominent rival for Haruka, but still. There was something disatisfying about it all. Bah,I'll get over it.

That's really all I have to complain about though. this episode wasn't about beating the crap out of each other and crud like that. It was all character interaction, and thankfully this episode was chock full o' meaty ineractive goodness.
    Nurse Joy is hearby officially classed as 'The Best Nurse Joy since the last Best Nurse Joy, who is currently unknown'. She's awesome wrapped in a shell of pink, nursey goodness. And when I think back to all the crappy Joy's we have put up with in the past, it makes me wonder why it's taken so long for this gal to show up. "It's a Joyful...world".
    Harley was as good as ever, and I for one liked the fact that he seems to have developed this strange friendship (if you can call it that) towards Jessie. If this is indeed his final hurrah for the moment, it's a shame this will never be developed any further. It would have nice to witness more Team Harley antics
    The rest I'm far too lazy to talk about, but rest assured, I did like it.
    How's that for closure?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    it's true, you know. Kanemaru Jun'ichi does indeed voice both Harley and Sonic the Hedgehog. I wonder if Harley's dash really was a reference to that like Kojiro makes it out to be (I already have a suspicious feeling that this is also why Harley enjoys the usage of Engrish ^^).
    It had damn well better be. Though I would have killed to see Harley leap into a foward roll and perform a Spin Dash~
    As much as I LOVE Jun-ichi's voice acting, I'm yet to read into any other voices he's done besides the Blue Blur and the Camp Coordinator. So I'm wondering if the whole engrish angle is his trademark in the VA biz or something. I wouldn't be surprised, as he seems to put a lot of enthusiasm into his acting XP

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    Marg, a perfect chance to get rid of TR wasted. Damn Jessie's blind loyalty (she'd probably fare better in life if she quit and did contests).
    I guess this is one of those instances where 'The Power of Friendship' ain't too powerful. Oh, the complete and utter irony

Quote Originally Posted by Booncy View Post
    What's next: pokemon contests in the Orange League
    *cough*THE NIDORAN EPISODE*cough*

*ahem*
    Last edited by Gravy; 12th August 2006 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    As much as I LOVE Jun-ichi's voice acting, I'm yet to read into any other voices he's done besides the Blue Blur and the Camp Coordinator. So I'm wondering if the whole engrish angle is his trademark in the VA biz or something. I wouldn't be surprised, as he seems to put a lot of enthusiasm into his acting XP
    the only other role I'm familiar with is Akiyama Ryou from Digimon Tamers. And no, Ryou is not an Engrish nut (hell, I don't recall Ryou speaking Engrish at all outside the standard Digimon and item names). I doubt Engrish is his trademark, however, Pokemon does seem to built seiyuu references from time to time (Takeshi and Fushigi Yuugi's Suboshi, Adan and FMA's Frank Archer), and Sonic is arguably his most famous role.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 12th August 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

A episode that satisfies me

The battle between Shuu & Haruka was so awesome. Many impressive performances apart-from Butterfree's appearance >< I don't mean it made the battle worse but why did Butterfree have to be Drew's ? >< God! Many characters got it.

I love the music in this Es: sad & slow ^_^ Very beautiful

Nurse Joy ^^ Everybody is her idols, including Harley

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that there ARE now suddenly contests in the Johto region. I mean it was one thing for them to be suddenly placed in the Kanto region (and I know the anime doesn't specifically go by the games), but this is just getting plain ridiculous now! IMO pokemon contests (along with double battles) should've stayed where they belonged which is in the HOENN REGION! These two aspects are a huge part of the reason as to why the Hoenn region (and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games) were unique from the past generations! What's next: pokemon contests in the Orange League !

Edit: Actually now that I think about it there was a mention of a pokemon contest in the episode "Wherefore Art Thou, Nidoran?", and a double battle was first featured in "Pokemon Double Trouble" which is proof that there WERE other regions that had it prior to Hoenn, but still the Orange League isn't technically an offical league (and plus it never had a game based off of it) so it doesn't count !
    In terms of the anime plot it would be safe to assume that Kanto and Johto have had contests the whole time but obviously Ash, Misty, and Brock had no interest in them so they where never shown. I mean we all know that's because they weren't created in the games but I'm speaking in terms of the plot . It would be silly for the anime for those regions not to have them really. It would be like going California having baseball than going to Washington and them never hearing about or playing baseball if that analogy makes sense hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    She also could have reacted that way because it put her with such a tough choice to make, knowing that either way she chooses to go, she won't be seeing some of her friends for quite a while. It works both ways.
    True, but I think it was more because she won't be seeing Drew for a while. She knows Ash is going to Shinou now, and if she hears about Contests there she'll have to make a choice.

Don't forget about Max. The little kid idolizes Ash, and he was with him in the beginning of the episode in the hot springs. Since May/Max are a set, I can't see one being here without the other.

I doubt Max wants to leave Ash, at all. He loves watching his battles and would probably love to see Ash battle Gym leaders in the Shinou region. We know May loves her little brother more than anything, and if he wants to stay with Ash, she probably will too.

I'd like to think the writers aren't going to throw away a story arc they've been writing for 4+ years and 200 episodes. Drew/Harley can simply come back after Shinou, since neither rivalry is resolved.

Sorry, but this is the first time I've seen Shiguru in the Japanese version. Since I switched near the end of Hoenn to watch it...not done collecting all the old episodes to watch yet lol. But was that his original VA?

If it was, maybe the next region could be Satoshi, Shiguru and Hikari...just a thought.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that there ARE now suddenly contests in the Johto region. I mean it was one thing for them to be suddenly placed in the Kanto region (and I know the anime doesn't specifically go by the games), but this is just getting plain ridiculous now! IMO pokemon contests (along with double battles) should've stayed where they belonged which is in the HOENN REGION! These two aspects are a huge part of the reason as to why the Hoenn region (and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games) were unique from the past generations! What's next: pokemon contests in the Orange League !
    Actually, in the episode where Brock returned Vulpix, although it was not specifically stated to be a contest, it defenetely was a gathering of coordinators, although again they weren't called that.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    True, but I think it was more because she won't be seeing Drew for a while. She knows Ash is going to Shinou now, and if she hears about Contests there she'll have to make a choice.

Don't forget about Max. The little kid idolizes Ash, and he was with him in the beginning of the episode in the hot springs. Since May/Max are a set, I can't see one being here without the other.

I doubt Max wants to leave Ash, at all. He loves watching his battles and would probably love to see Ash battle Gym leaders in the Shinou region. We know May loves her little brother more than anything, and if he wants to stay with Ash, she probably will too.
    [RANDOM SPECULATION] I think that May will at least start out by going to Shinou with Ash and Max (kinda hoping that Brock will stay with this Joy or somewhere else in Kanto). I agree Max wants to go with Ash, and that may be a deciding factor. Besides, other factors are that May isn't ready to travel on her own, and getting a new battling influence would require her to travel with another coordinator, and that wouldn't work out if May would constantly loose to him/her, so I would think she would start out by going to Shinou, similar to Brock in the Orange Islands.

If Gary has something to show Ash, (something that will either present a new feature of Diamond/Pearl or tie into the plot thread involving Hikari), then I would hope that May learns from Gary's battling style. After all, he was complemented heavily on the beauty and strength of his Eevee and he did create several tactics that would be considered "beautiful" by contest standards, such as turning his Magmar into a living Fire Blast. If Gary joins them in the journey (it could happen), that would be good for May.

As for Max, isn't he ten by now? [/RANDOM SPECULATION]

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    But was that his original VA?
    Yes, it was.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Briememory View Post
    As for Max, isn't he ten by now?
    I read that, in the first AG episode, he was seven. And if a year has passed between the Kanto and Hoenn GFs, he should be eight by now. (It would be nice to know the characters' birthdays, but they don't say anything! Argh!)
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

I'm here too. . .DeviantArt Account

Read my fanfic! The Trial
    Contestshipping, R rated

>>>South America doesn't exist!

What about the Miyamoto/Mew thing?
    /off-topic

Yeah, I always thought he was eight here. ^^;

The episode was fantastic, but I wanted to see Beautifly do more! We haven't see it since Hoenn and it didn't get much battle screentime.

I hope it sticks around!

So Drew and everyone(but May) goes to Jhoto. The reason I don't say that she goes is that, Super pokemon contests had to be leaked for a reason, and when you think about it, With all the May leaving speculation, they leaked it, that's simple.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

You make it sound like Drew, Harley, and Saori are a lot of people. As for Beautifly, I think it will be around for a while. When Ash and May battle in a couple episodes I'm sure she'll use it.

IMO Drew and Harley getting written out by going to Johto is rather cheap, I mean they've been in the show for a while now but aren't given a real good bye really, I mean the battle was good, Drew winning (May still hasn't beaten the ever changing size Roseila) was good, you know getting his revenge before he goes but I mean they could of at least of been given a proper good bye if this is their last episode. That might just be my opinion.

Whoot Beautifly. But what is it with Butterfree and coordinators? Saori had one, we saw one as a cameo in a contest and now Drew has one. Nothing against Butterfree though, this one seemed kind of uber.

Okay, this Nurse is starting to scare me. She goes bonkers whenever her hat is off (which we wonder what happens when she sleeps) and is a bit too hyper for my tastes. I wonder if someone accidently put expresso in her blood surrogate. [/Brave New World reference]
    Ditto, this new Nurse Joy does seem a bit hyperactive compared to the others.

Drew's Butterfree isn't uber, were just seeing how powerful all Butterfree can be.

Man I wish I could understand japanese.Anyhow great episode

I've seen the episode. Little boring, but the battle between Drew and May was really interesting. Drew is a good battler. Now Contestshippers have a lot to talk because we could see Drew and May together. Red sun + cute couple. Nice, nice. What a pity, I can't speak japanese. I couldn't understand what they say.

It's quite obviously that Harley is going to join Ash's gang of twits, and May will become a reoccuring rival, because everyone loves Harley.

I see the messages nobody sees!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast