Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

I personally hate Harley, anyway. I hope May stays w/ Ash but i have a feeling after this episode that wont happen, i thought it was a good episode:-D
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I've seen the pictures a while ago and I just saw most of this ep. It's really great. I love the Jp. voices except for Takeshi and Scott (dunno his name). The moments between Haruka and Shuu are really sweet. I'm definately a contestshipper because of this ep.

it was kinda cool that gary showed up.ash and him look so cool ever since they got older
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Im mad at my self for missing the episode were ash and gary making each other mad because they had a flash back in this episode.

Ash finaly got idol by someone in the show a nurse joy who idols everybody well at least he is idol.
    Last edited by pokemaster95; 31st December 2006 at 3:43 AM.

I Cried watchin this episode as it felt sad and i didnt want shuu to leave but romantic between may and drew
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Beautifly and Skitty again as well as Beautifly’s new move, Psychic. It was also cool to see Professor Oak again as well as references from most of Ash’s pokemon, Misty, Delia, Gary and Sinnoh. It was good to see Drew with a Butterfree.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

God, this episode rings back memories.

Love the tc. Made by Emerald Master and Smack That!!!!!

This was an exellent episode. May and Drew's battle was pretty awesome. And with the gifts from Ash's friends and family there was some good nostalgia. I think if one more famous person had show up, Nurse Joy would've exploded.

And Sukizo imatations FTW.

Beautifly and Skitty kept their voices, their Japanese voices, right?

Nice episode. I like the way PUSA handled all the dialouge and everything. May and Drew had some well acted lines. I like the fact that Drew was talking nicely and May's "Thank you for everything!" at the end really sounded like she meant it.

Also nice to see Ash's old Pokes with the footprints, the Misty lure, and of course Gary.

I'll find it hilarious if anyone complains about Gary's voice...haha.

Harley: "You have my Solemn word. Man to man. Though I use the term loosely"

Makes me wonder if it was the "Solemn word" he was reffering to or the "MAN to MAN".

Pretty solid episode in my opinion. Sinnoh has finally been introduced which is getting me geared up. A nice friendly battle between May and Drew partook. Also, this is really leaving me to believe that there will be an episode or two spin-off featuring May. Scott mentioned that her battle style was a lot like Ash's, as did she. So it feels like unfinished business if they don't elaborate on it anymore. I'd like to see her create her own.

I'm a happy camper with this one.

8/10 on the translation from me.

-PANCAKE-
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 27th January 2007 at 4:26 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Woohoo! Return of Gary's voice!

Another great episode. The battle wasn't that either (May got pwned).

The psychic, fire spining, magical leaf, gust attack was one of the coolest combos i've seen, it was way cooler than 'thunder armor'.
    Pokémon Black FC: 1979-0221-1990

*FT: (MYSTRY), Starters, Pokerus, Fossils, Stones (Leaf, Thunder and Sun)
    *LF: (DW female), , Power Items, Stones (Dusk, Dawn and Water)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Beautifly and Skitty kept their voices, their Japanese voices, right?

Nice episode. I like the way PUSA handled all the dialouge and everything. May and Drew had some well acted lines. I like the fact that Drew was talking nicely and May's "Thank you for everything!" at the end really sounded like she meant it.

Also nice to see Ash's old Pokes with the footprints, the Misty lure, and of course Gary.

I'll find it hilarious if anyone complains about Gary's voice...haha.
    Yep, Beautifly and Skitty kept thier Japanese voices.

I agree about the dialouge, May and Drew have had exellent interactions throughout this season.

I hate the way they prounounce Shinnoh. Lol. The last we ever saw of harley was when he dashed off. What city in Kanto are they in anyway?

Love the tc. Made by Emerald Master and Smack That!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LilTorchic View Post
    I hate the way they prounounce Shinnoh. Lol. The last we ever saw of harley was when he dashed off. What city in Kanto are they in anyway?
    It's Sinnoh, which would explain why you wouldn't like it if you were waiting for an 'h' in there!

My three points of the episode return...

1. The pronunciation of Shinnoh is finally revealed! Well, I always learn how to say new Poke names and places from the anime... I have been pronouncing it with an H for so long, it will be hard to kick the habit.

2. Harley and his... Harleyness returns once again...Very weird and creeped me out...

3. Did I mention how hot Drew was in this episode? Contestshipping all the way...

Final verdict: 10/10 VERY GOOD EPISODE! ^_^!

It was nice to see Gary again after not seeing him for so long.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    1. The pronunciation of Shinnoh is finally revealed! Well, I always learn how to say new Poke names and places from the anime... I have been pronouncing it with an H for so long, it will be hard to kick the habit.
    Maybe because you've been spelling it wrong, as OGT pointed out?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

What did Gary say to Ash in the dub version?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Angel View Post
    It was nice to see Gary again after not seeing him for so long.
    Though it seemed to be just a symbolic fantasy based on what Ash thought Gary was saying in the picture he sent. Since it seemed to me that the dialogue never actually happened (I mean when could it have?), Ash was just imagining what Gary would say.

Misty lure was precious, and I didn't know till now that Tracey put his marks along with Ash's pokemon. That banner has to be one of the best ideas the anime did for this story arc, I love how it showed that Ash's pokemon are kept up to date regarding where their master is and how he's doing. It would have been fun to see just how they "insisted" to Oak that they make this banner.

Lots of great dialogue too, May and Drew seem so much more comfortable with each other now, and definately have feelings for each other. Its nice to see a pairing in the anime that is more cannon than the millions of others fans have made up.

May: "I was just thinking about you."
    Drew: "Good thoughts I hope."

Harley: "You know its dangerous, two kids like yourself alone."
    May: "But we weren't doing anything!"

And Jessie, really... just how hard can it be to find your pokeballs in those tiny clothes you wear?
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    That banner has to be one of the best ideas the anime did for this story arc, I love how it showed that Ash's pokemon are kept up to date regarding where their master is and how he's doing. It would have been fun to see just how they "insisted" to Oak that they make this banner.
    Yeah, I thought it was a fantastic touch! I loved the Glalie face imprint. My only gripe was that God forsaken Xiaolin Showndown marathon ad. The damn thing kept popping up when I was trying to look at the banner.

(Spell check me PF)
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

I don't get the title...Could someone please explain it?

It was such a wonderful episode. A fine goodbye to ContestShipping.

Indeed, I always thought the Pokemon poster was a nice touch.

If every episode was as well done as this one, nobody would doubt the writers talent with characterisation, dialouge, animation, and battle sequences.

When the writers find characters that play off each other well, (I LOVE the way Harley interacts with Jessie throughout all of BF), they strike gold.

SPLEE!!!

-Contestshipping! So much shoved down my throat today and I'm happy!
    -Harley! You know what I always say! He's just so gay!
    -May vs Drew! Not one of May's best battles with Drew, but it was a good one.
    -Scott's impression of Sukizo...Funny!
    -Misty lure! Cute little lure, I wanted to see Misty for real dammit! Oh well.
    -Gary's voice...Pretty good. Better than Professor Oak's.
    -TRACEY IS MENTIONED...but not seen. Damn the friggin writers!
    -Harley confronting May and Drew like that...Tee-hee, funny!
    -Beautifly and Skitty returning *sigh* memories!

Dear lord, please bless us with more Harley, Drew, and May episodes/moments!

And that's all I need to comment on.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Meh......I was disappointed a bit after how awesome "Overjoyed!" turned out to be last week.

The battle was a letdown, I was really expecting more than a quick Drew-crushes-May-again thing.

Harley's return, however brief, did salvage parts.

Other good parts:
    -Gary, with a better voice!
    -The banner, which proves Bayleef, Muk and Kingler ain't dead
    -Funny dialogue
    -Scott posing as Sukizo
    -Misty cameo of sorts

Well, at least we've got a good lineup coming. After "Pinch Healing!" is the final two Battle Pyramid episodes (if you didn't see the raws, these two are great, especially "Pace - The Final Frontier!"), Ash vs. May, then Gary, Elekible, and the end of AG. Only one more filler to go...

EDIT: Is it just me, or did Oak's eyebrows keep changing color during the banner scene? I know, it's an odd thing to notice, but this is coming from the person who caught Dr. Yung's hair changing sides AND Mirage Master leaving the castle twice.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Indeed, I always thought the Pokemon poster was a nice touch.

If every episode was as well done as this one, nobody would doubt the writers talent with characterisation, dialouge, animation, and battle sequences.

When the writers find characters that play off each other well, (I LOVE the way Harley interacts with Jessie throughout all of BF), they strike gold.
    If I may, I think that there are certain episodes that inherently rich in character interaction and plot. And there are others...but PUSA is charged to do whatever it can with what it has, and I think this was a great example of the good stuff.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast