Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    If I may, I think that there are certain episodes that inherently rich in character interaction and plot. And there are others...but PUSA is charged to do whatever it can with what it has, and I think this was a great example of the good stuff.
    ...huh?

What does the dub have anything to do with what CyberCubed said? o.O

I think I heard that was the old Gary doing the voice. 0_o
    Orly?

Forgot to post earlier...

Anyway, this was a good episode with cameos and such, Kingler, Muk, Misty..
    And the mention of Sinnoh, I forgot that it was in this one.

Gary had a good voice, with the new actor?

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

^ Gary's voice is the same as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    ...huh?

What does the dub have anything to do with what CyberCubed said? o.O
    I assume he means if an episode sucks, its the original Japanese writers fault, and PUSA can't really do much to make it better besides add some good dialouge.

Of course with an episode like this which was already great in Japan, PUSA could enrich it as well.

What I meant was it's a shame that Pokemon can't always be as awesome as this. We always get the filler between the good stuff.

What a great episode. If im keeping track on this, then they remain at that same location for 5 episodes. The last time something like that has ever happened(besides the contest/leagues) is the three parter Lugia episode.

Well, Sinnoh is pronounced: See-no. Much easier to pronounce than: Psy-no.

Gary's voice was unchanged(if that one guy in "from cradle to save" had Gary's voice, then Gary would obviously keep his voice).

Team Rocket staying to watch then being blasted off by Harley was great. Though when Jessie says she's sticking with Team Rocket, it obviously means that they still are after Pikachu. Oh well, it keeps the comedy in the show.

Great Battle, although May only got a single actual hit(odd how when Beautifly and Roselia are there, May loses, when not, she wins. The writers are seriously strange).

Anyhow:

9/10

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 29th January 2007 at 6:26 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Great Battle, although May didnt get a single actual hit
    Combusken got a direct Sky Uppercut on Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Angel View Post
    It was nice to see Gary again after not seeing him for so long.
    Anyone find it weird that his whole body goes through a change in the end.

I absolutely loved this episode...well DUH.

My Contestshipping mind went squealing while watching this. Drew was so sweet in this, helping May get over her loss with Saori. And I didn't really care for the battle, but it was nice to see Beautifly again, and Drew with Butterfree. And I loved seeing Skitty again <3.

Harley's lines in here were awesome. My favorite would have to be when he popped up with May and Drew and said, "Its dan-ger-ous. Two kids alone like this." And I loved how he referred him, May and Drew as a 'happy family.' x3 Very cute.

Its sad knowing that this is Drew and Harley's last episode. I'll miss those guys. Very awesome characters there.

Arrow Great episode so far!

Wow this is one of the best epsiodes I have seen so far.

Except for when Ash was in the springs his voice was pretty good.
    (I still laughed when Ash said "Hey, proffesor, wha'da ya got in that bag?")

When Meowth said "Here comes little miss sunshine" when Harley confronted them at the judging tables I laughed.

And the only thing I find funnier than the two above is that the advertisment pop-up always comes up when Max is on the screen (you can barley see him anymore) lol.

Most of the dialouge was pretty excellent.
    Especially the focous of May and Drew's (dare I say it) relationship.

I don't mind the contestshipping because it is a good paring and it is canon, but I will always prefer AshxMay.

The whole episode seemed to flow.
    9/10 for the dub
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

IT was pretty darn good.
    I finally got to see it today(Tivo), and, title aside, it was "Remarkable".

Let's see here:
    -Good disguise for TR(well, James at least)
    -BUTTERFREE!!!!111!!1!!!!!!!!1111111shift+1lolcopte r(and with PSYCHIC)
    -Pokemon Banner+Misty lure!
    -Harley
    -A good contest battle
    -CAH-RAZY Joy returns, I'm glad they gave this one personality and kept her around for a while.
    -The Gary scene
    On that note, did Gary keep his voice? It's been a while & I'm not sure....
    -Skitty was a nice site too. I didn't think I liked it, but it was nice seeing it. Even though May didn't use it(WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BRINGING IT OVER!).

On the negative:
    -Harley(His personality is a plus & minus)

This episode was very good yet the title is hard to get

there some contestshipping
    professor oak comes
    the banner by the pokemon it was cool
    the misty lure yeah
    harley
    skitty and beautifly is back ad beautifly learns phsyic
    a battle not a good battle for may
    disguse from team rocket

i give it 9.5 oout of 10
    Always and forever be a Pokemon fan no matter wht happens or how old I am.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm is there any point of being happy?

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    EDIT: Is it just me, or did Oak's eyebrows keep changing color during the banner scene? I know, it's an odd thing to notice, but this is coming from the person who caught Dr. Yung's hair changing sides AND Mirage Master leaving the castle twice.
    The anime seems to have always had trouble with Oak's eyebrows, and hetre yet again they forgot to color them black in several scenes. I wonder what the process is, I mean Oak isn't exactly a character with hard to remember colors. Done not once but twice in the same episode it sadly looked sloppy of them in an otherwise great episode.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Combusken got a direct Sky Uppercut on Butterfree.
    Oh... forgot that one. Perhaps i should rephrase that sentence a little.

One little thing i want to point out: every time Meowth is in disguise, how is it that no one is able to figure out that it isnt who it is when Meowth's height is so damn short?!?! Jessie, maybe. James, a little. But Meowth? Like in that one episode before they get to Petalburg city where Meowth dresses up like May, how could that guy of thought he was the real thing when he is practically a third of May's actual height(maybe half, im not sure).

Anyway, i'll go and fix something tout-de-suite.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This was really a cool episode, gets you ready to see a new start all over again. I like Drew and Harley becoming May's friends instead of only rivals, just the way Ash and Gary became friends after the first two leagues,     Spoiler:
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Oh... forgot that one. Perhaps i should rephrase that sentence a little.

One little thing i want to point out: every time Meowth is in disguise, how is it that no one is able to figure out that it isnt who it is when Meowth's height is so damn short?!?! Jessie, maybe. James, a little. But Meowth? Like in that one episode before they get to Petalburg city where Meowth dresses up like May, how could that guy of thought he was the real thing when he is practically a third of May's actual height(maybe half, im not sure).

Anyway, i'll go and fix something tout-de-suite.

~C_L~
    I like the episode when Meowth and James all dressed up like Jessie and were running around yelling Ninja screams. I doubt very much Ash and buddies will ever recognize any of Team Rocket in disguise. Imagine if they did!

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    I like the episode when Meowth and James all dressed up like Jessie and were running around yelling Ninja screams. I doubt very much Ash and buddies will ever recognize any of Team Rocket in disguise. Imagine if they did!
    Well actually, Misty did reconise Team Rocket in 'Electric Shock Showdown'
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Well in the Meowth-disguised-as-May part, the guy supposedly had not seen her since she was small, but then he was an obsessed Norman fanboy and thus his judgement is severely impaired.

As for Meowth's human disguises in general, true it is realistically odd no one tends to notice. However, there are real people in the anime world that are about Meowth's height (mostly the really old hag/man stereotypes the group run into occasionally, like Old Man Shuckle whom Brock mistook for a troll). And judging by the comments Brock's brother made about one of Meowth's human disguises (saying he looked "wierd") its possible a lot of people notice but just are too polite to say anything.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Wow, I LOVED this episode. Contestshipping moments by the handful, Harley continues to grow on me, Team Rocket go almost a whole episode with nothing bad happening to them (darn Harley ) and I loved them in the judges' disguises, and we get an awesome May/Drew battle. Too bad that Drew handed May's *** to her on a stick with the battle, but at least Beautifly now knows psychic. And yay, I loved seeing Skitty again. I liked when May said she had another one of her Harley headaches again. LOL

Overall, 10/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This is my most favourite episode ever!!, Harley & Drew made the most of themselves, and since it was the last episode we see them . i loved it so much.

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

What did Team Rocket say when they got blasted off?

Yay! I FINALLY got to see this episode in English!

It still stands that I am a Contestshipper because of this episode. Even when I couldn't understand a word May and Drew said (except for basic things), when I first saw Rivals Forever! (I like the Jp. episode name far better than the dub one) I became one.

Harley creeps me out to a new extent after the whole scene where he uncovers TR's contest judges disguises. The way he was right up in their faces and everything he said...ew. Just ew.

I missed the second half of the battle and the first part of May and Drew's conversation during the sunset because my mom called me and asked me to start prepping things for dinner. Dammit. Of all episodes.

EDIT: I love the fangirl Nurse Joy, too.
    Last edited by Nyami; 30th March 2007 at 2:36 AM.

The nure joy is brilliant I know what you mean and drews face when she says can you autograph my book is priceless. I also like Rosela coming on her own too ^_^
    The poster is cool as well i like the idea of professor oak coming with things to cheer ash up

This episodes has got to of been one of my favorites in the series.

May, Drew & Harley all show up and have some battle time.

Ash learned about the Sinnoh Region, nice foreshadow of what to come.
    And May then told Ash that she was going to do her own journey in Johto because her rivals were both going to Johto.

The battle between May and Drew made up for what had happened in the Quarter finals against each other. With May losing.

In conclusion, this has got to of been one of my personal favorites in the series showing the audience more information from the new region and May explaining her reasons for wanting to move on to Johto and not joining Ash to Sinnoh.

8.9/10
    Last edited by Knight_Ram; 23rd June 2007 at 9:37 AM.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Sweetest episode, ever. It proves that people come a long way and that in May and Drew's "relationship" they started where they could hardly stand each other, and ended on good terms. Cute. =3 I also like how Harley showed up. xD He just has to take away from the sappy moments and make them his. Gonna miss that trio <3
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

I agree with hello kitty 17! great episode and great closure to the best trio and contestshipping.

The World God Only knows

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast