Thread: The Day Before You [Contestshipping Songfic One-Shot]

Talking The Day Before You [Contestshipping Songfic One-Shot]

[RATED G// I forgot to put it in the title. x_x]

Since my Contestshipping fic really isn’t ‘flying’ here, I decided to write a CS Oneshot instead. Just because I’M that cool and all of you know it.

*suppresses ego*

In real life, I have no ego. Let’s hope I can have one on a Pokemon Forum. ;P

Anyway, so here’s a CS Songfic One-Shot that I’ve had in mind for a long time…ever since I first heard this song…and it’s a country song…*OMFG HORRORZ!!!!*

XD

That sounded so stupid just now.

Alright, alright…to the songfic it is. I hope you all enjoy it! ^_^

Disclaimer: ‘The Day Before You’ © Rascal Flatts [And Pokemon to whoever. D:]

(Italics – Song Lyrics)

------------

The Day Before You

Contestshipping Songfic One-Shot

------------

I had all but given up
    On finding the one that I could
    Fall into..
    On the day before you…
    I was ready to settle for
    Less than love and not much more…

[May’s P.O.V]

I sit here, looking out the window, the rain dripping down the glass and disappearing from my sight. I’ve always thought that when it rains, the clouds are sad and the Earth is crying. Humans had done something to harm the Earth and now, it was just crying in the corner all alone. But, as I’ve grown up, I realize that isn’t true. Sometimes, when you cry, you’re happy. Someone has just made you’re day brighten so much more that you feel like crying tears of joy and never letting go…

There was no such things as a
    Dream come true
    Oh, but that was the day before you…

[Drew’s P.O.V]

I’m alone, sitting in the living room of my home. I’ve always wondered if everyone argues with the one they love. Was it normal to have things that you disagree on or were you supposed to get along with everything that they said to you? Is that true love or…am I wrong? I figure that if I have to ask the question, then I’m wrong. But something tugs at my heartstrings to go to her and tell her I’m sorry…because I remember everything…before I met her.

It seemed like every other girl was just a fan…

Or just a flirt…

But when I met her, I knew. I knew with my heart that she was different and she was the one that I would be with for the rest of my life…even though I was only about twelve years old at the time.

I’m just so glad that I was there at the time you were.

Or I would’ve missed the woman of my dreams.

Now you’re here and
    Everything’s changin’
    Suddenly life means so much
    I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow
    And find out this promise is true
    I will never have to go back
    To the day before you…

[May’s P.O.V]

I make my way down the stairs, looking at the photos on the wall. Some are back from when I was just a young, aspiring Pokemon Coordinator, trying to prove to everyone that I was the best in the whole world.

I guess I didn’t realize that the world was so big.

As I look at them, I see one of myself and you. We’re both smiling happily, arm in arm as I pull you to come hang out with me and my other friends. You, at the time, were a stubborn boy and didn’t want to. You just wanted to act so cool and be all by yourself all the time.

Little did I know I would fall in love with you so easily.

It’s all about the little things that make me love you. Your smile, your touch, your eyes…your everything…

[Drew’s P.O.V]

As I pace back in forth, thinking about what I should say to you, I glance over to the vase on the table in the kitchen just a short distance away. Inside were four beautiful red roses and those little flowers brought such a smile to my face. I remember giving you so many roses…as a sign of my crush on you. You never caught on…or at least I didn’t think you did.

I casually walk over to the roses, gently touching the rose petals. These were perfect roses with nothing wrong with them at all.

And that’s what you were to me…

You’re my beautiful, perfect rose.

In your eyes I see forever
    It makes me wish that my life
    Never knew
    The day before you…
    Oh, but Heaven knows those
    Years without you
    Were shaping my heart for the day
    That I found you…

[May’s P.O.V]

I remember the first time I admitted to myself that you were the one I’d be with. I realized then that there’d never be anyone else for me and all those boys that I liked in school were nothing like you.

I just seemed like every path I chose…was chosen by fate to lead me to you.

And even if I could go back in time,

I would never change any of my decisions. Because they led me straight to you and brought you in my arms.

[Drew’s P.O.V]

I know that I don’t have the perfect life, living in the shadow of my rivals, always trying to be better then them so I can show you that I’m strong enough to always be there for you.

I know I had all that fame, glory and popularity, but it never seemed to faze you at all. You knew me differently then anyone else. You knew what I was truly like and you knew everything about me.

Inside and out.

I never wanted that to go away.

Never.

You’re the reason for all that
    I’ve been through
    Then I’m thankful for the day
    Before you-
    -Yeah, yeah…

Now you’re here and
    Everything’s changin’
    To the day before you…

[May’s P.O.V]

I remember my first contest, knowing that I was going to win no matter who was my opponent. Practicing with Beautifly was what I was doing and I remember not being able to catch one of the frisbees.

I see you standing on the ledge near the Coordinator hotel. I call out to warn you about it and you simply catch the frisbee and think nothing of it. You immediately sit there and make fun of me.

I was so burnt up and so mad.

But that only hid my feelings of thinking…how different you were…

I’m so glad that it…

[Drew’s P.O.V]

I remember catching that Frisbee, knowing that it was coming because I had been watching you the whole time. Watching how gracefully you practiced with your pokemon.

But I wasn’t about to let you know that I was watching you.

That wasn’t impossible. At least I was good at hiding my feelings because…

I’m so glad that it…

Was the last day that I ever
    Lived alone
    And I’m never goin’ back
    No, I’m never goin’ back..

Now you’re here and
    Everything’s changin’
    To the day before you…

[May’s P.O.V]

I’m standing at the stairs, seeing you in the kitchen. You look up at me and I can’t help but smile. There’s just something about you that makes me want to smile all my life and even after that.

Because I know you’ll be right there with me…

Always by my side.

[Drew’s P.O.V]

I look up to see you, standing at the foot of the stairs and my mind forgets what we argued about. All I know is that I’m so glad that you’re here with me and you always will be there.

Even after we leave this Earth.

You’ll always be by my side.

[May and Drew’s P.O.V]

Yeah, I will never have to go back to
    The day before you…the day…

…before you.

-+-+-+-+-

That was probably crappy, considering they probably acted really OOC. =/

Oh, well, I hope you enjoyed it! It was fun to write, at least.
    Last edited by Mimori Kiryu; 11th August 2006 at 10:15 PM.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Hey, that was amazing! I mean, I actually felt sorry for the both of them not actually being able to say such kind words to eachother as "You'll always be by myside". I may not be a contestshipper, but this fic is giving me seconds thoughts about this couple, who knows? Well, great job on the poem as well!

Later

~*Jemi Rose*~

Wow, I've rarely read your works, but I'm sure glad to

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    Humans had done something to harm the Earth and now, it was just crying in the corner all alone.
    lol, funny metaphor there

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    That was probably crappy, considering they probably acted really OOC. =/
    no not at all, because I usually stop and quote the parts I liked, disliked, caught my eye, and comment on those, but this I was just hooked up O_o
    I thought if I stopped it wouldn't be the same, so I went on
    Nah, might be OOC comparing to now, but after a few years, this will be canon

Great work Mimori
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E