Thread: Yu-gi-oh manga

Default Yu-gi-oh manga

is it good? it looks cool but i wanna know what you guys think on collecting the whole series,

It started off decent, then they decided to focus on Magic & Wizards, and it turned to crap.

The first seven volumes, and the duelist ones, were pretty good in my opinion. I like the duelist manga, better than the anime, that followed that concept.

But the first seven volumes, were the best. Although, the dueling concept, was used twice. I am talking about the first even volumes of course.

Times change, people change, and so do sigs! Itachi has gone blind!

YAY, Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 is my bishie. Finally I have a bishie =)

I only own the first 2, and they're pretty good. I'd reccomend the series.

Snubbull image taken from Arkeis.
    Current Shinies:
    Previously Owned Shinies:

I got a volume of the French Manga, it was part of the Battle City Arc and it had Joey vs Mako and Kaiba and Yugi vs Umbra and Lumis...it was fairly interesting how in the anime at that point Tristan was shown a lot with Serenity but in the Manga he was no where to be seen at that point.

Lol Manga Battle City > Anime Battle City, but considering the Manga skips KC Grand Prix and Doom Saga its so much shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
    I got a volume of the French Manga, it was part of the Battle City Arc and it had Joey vs Mako and Kaiba and Yugi vs Umbra and Lumis...it was fairly interesting how in the anime at that point Tristan was shown a lot with Serenity but in the Manga he was no where to be seen at that point.

Lol Manga Battle City > Anime Battle City, but considering the Manga skips KC Grand Prix and Doom Saga its so much shorter.
    Or course the manga didn't have the Grand Prix and Doma arcs, they were filler, made for the anime so that it didn't go past the manga.

The first seven volumes are the best. After that it starts on some crappy card franchise.

I'm back until I get bored, srsly.

is it worth starting to collect from vol. to MW last volume? i mean im not a yu-gi-oh hater. i think it looks cool. and i dont care about it revolving around cards.
    Diamond:0645 2234 2420
    Name: STEPHEN

I guess then... volume 1-7 then the duelist volumes is about 20 or so. Go for it, if you like it. I dont like MW though.

Times change, people change, and so do sigs! Itachi has gone blind!

YAY, Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 is my bishie. Finally I have a bishie =)

I completely agree with everyone who's said the first seven issues, the ones true to the "King of Games" theme, are the best.

Though the manga does do better than the anime as far as the theme goes. Throughout Duelist you have Mai, Keith Howard, and even Atemu (using the Sen'nen Puzzle to help Jonouchi) using different forms of cheating to win. Even the two issues with Otogi go back to draw on the King of Games theme. After that it just goes back to Wizards and Magic through the rest of Duelist.

I think, had most of us been exposed to the manga first, rather than the anime, the focus on the card game wouldn't have been as big a problem, and without the huge fanboy base it might not be looked so lowly upon.

"If the spectres have resurfaced, this is no longer a game between us and the phoenixes. We need to have humanity by the throat before the spectres alert the humans to our presence."
    -Sparkbomb

If you like Duel Monsters/Magic & Wizards, you should buy it. If you don't happen to like the game, maybe you should reconsider. It's not that the storylines in those aren't interesting, but at least 2/3 of the manga deals with that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Rift View Post
    I think, had most of us been exposed to the manga first, rather than the anime, the focus on the card game wouldn't have been as big a problem, and without the huge fanboy base it might not be looked so lowly upon.
    Or more people would be upset that the series mainly focuses on one game. Still, the anime focuses on Duel Monsters even more than the manga. The anime puts "Duel Monsters" in the second Yu-Gi-Oh! series. And, they changed D.D.D. to D.D.M for "Monsters". There are more anime duels than in the manga. I personally like the game, so I don't mind, but I get what people are saying about how the manga focuses on one game. The "Duel Monsters" anime doesn't even focus on how Yami Yugi is the "King of Games", they just make him seem like the "King of Game".

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40
    Or course the manga didn't have the Grand Prix and Doma arcs, they were filler, made for the anime so that it didn't go past the manga.
    Ironically, anime-wise at least, I like those filler arcs more than Duelist Kingdom and Battle City.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

its 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000 x beter than the dAMN dub!
    edit: new rank! yippe!

friend code: 1675-9129-5594 / name: james / town: shinou / town fruit: pear
    right now my town is under construction so i cant open my gate for awhile.
    credits to mange for the tranier card

Quote Originally Posted by MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU View Post
    its 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000 x beter than the dAMN dub!
    edit: new rank! yippe!
    We're talking about the manga, genius.

The manga. Hm, just get the first seven volumes. After that it gets very, ah....how blunt should I put this....BORING.
    [IMG]http://i8.*******.com/25jjh8o.jpg[/IMG]
    Banner made by the talented Umi_Mizuno.

My Claims:
    Bishie: Alphonse Elric from Full Metal Alchemist(Innocenceshipping)/Anime Song: Melissa from Full Metal Alchemist/Song: I'm Ready by Tevin Campbell/Pair: RadiataAlchemist (ShadowAlchemistshipping)/Twin: Amazingkiss/Celebrity: Aaron Dismuke

The GX manga is gonna be in SJ soon, I've read a few of the japanese ones, and I like it. It's dueling, but it's pretty funny and cute.