PDP 054 "Luxray Vision!"

DP 060 "Zui's Unown Ruins!"
    PDP 055 "Journey to the Unown!"

DP 061 "Pokemon Contest! The Zui Convention!!"
    PDP 056 "Team Shocker!"

Spoiler:

Older Dub Titles

Spoiler:
    Last edited by kaibachaoschampion; 1st June 2008 at 11:56 AM.

OMG PUSA has gone down the 4Kids road.

IMO by the sound of these titles, PUSA is getting help from 4Kids, ony 4Kids came name an episode "May's Egg-Cellent adventure!".

Then again PUSA might just be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    AG165(I think):

Jp Title:
    Psychic VS Ghost! Midnight Duel!

English title:
    Fear Factor Phony- Sounds weird. Like a rock song.
    AG166:

Jp title:
    Manane Appears! House of relaxation!

English title:
    Sweet Baby James!- ........ Weird....... Now we've got religious titles.
    AG167:

Jp title:
    Mizugorou and Mokoko! Wonderdrug of Love?

English title:
    A chip Off the Old Brock!- Sheesh. A pun. Plus, in a special they used that.

AG168:

Jp title:
    Battle Arena! Fighting Confrontation!

English title:
    Wheel...of Fortune!- What's with the dots? Probably for suspense.

AG169:

Jp title:
    The Breeding Centre and the Pokémon Egg!

English title:
    May's Egg-Cellent adventure!-4Kids Alert!
    Talk about 4Kids Problems. But, oh noes, here comes PUSA! Egg-Cellent. We only say that at Easter.
    I got a little goat. Don't you dare touch...... Urm.... Name suggestions welcome folks.
    Paired up with the gorgeous Koriinku.

They can call the episodes "Dog Crap" as long as it's a good dub.
    ~

AG165(I think):

Jp Title:
    Psychic VS Ghost! Midnight Duel!

English title:
    Fear Factor Phony

Hahahahahaha, this made me laugh. It doesn't go with the original, but I really don't expect it. If it isn't a horrible one and at least makes me laugh with it's badness, you know - it's cool with me.

AG166:

Jp title:
    Manane Appears! House of relaxation!

English title:
    Sweet Baby James!

Ah, okay.

AG167:

Jp title:
    Mizugorou and Mokoko! Wonderdrug of Love?

English title:
    Achip Off the Old Brock!

This is so punny it's funny. It's bad...but funny because of it's badness

AG168:

Jp title:
    Battle Arena! Fighting Confrontation!

English title:
    Wheel...of Fortune!

I like the feature of '....' in front of Wheel for whatever reason. Not like we don't know what's coming after Wheel...

Wheel...of Cheese! Yeah, that would of been more of the '....' point

AG169:

Jp title:
    The Breeding Centre and the Pokémon Egg!

English title:
    May's Egg-Cellent adventure!

Super pun from movies I love. It gives me flashbacks, it's really bad so it's funny and all that, so I like it.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

It hurts! It hurts!

As long as they don't try giving Greta a Dutch accent, I'll be okay. But didn't PUSA state that they were going to get rid of the punny titles? Why the change?

Now we get to laugh at the people who honestly believed PUSA would simply translate the Japanese titles.

Get off your high horses, the Season 9 dub will be just as Americanized as the 4kids dub. Sure, PUSA will probably keep the Japanese food, but I have the feeling all text will be erased.

I dont mind the puns, as long as the dub is done right.

Well, their supposedly are keeping the japanese BGM, and that was the only major problem I had with the 4kids dub, so I'll be pleased.

I like these titles....and wheir did you get these?

It doesn't really matter what the episode is named just as long as it's been dubbed well by PUSA.

People make too much of a big deal about the episode titles but they really don't mean jot, it's the episode itself which we should be bothered about.

"May's Egg-Cellent Adventure!" made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    It hurts! It hurts!

As long as they don't try giving Greta a Dutch accent, I'll be okay. But didn't PUSA state that they were going to get rid of the punny titles? Why the change?
    They never said no punny titles, iirc.

And geesh, it's not like 4kids is the only dub that uses puns, alot of dubs do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Now we get to laugh at the people who honestly believed PUSA would simply translate the Japanese titles.
    *Looms over Cyber.* What about laughing at people believed PUSA would simply translate the Japanese titles?

I blame this on SOVA. They ragged on PUSA about something outside their control and so they made things they could control more like 4Kids. Thank you airheads.

Nothing to right home about on these titles. And Heracross is right, they can call the episodes what they want as long as the dubbing is better. And it better be or else they'll be getting a nasty letter from one p*ssed TBA

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

What's with the hate on the pun titles?

It's a Pokemon dub tradition. I can't see Pokemon without corny and cheesey bad pun titles. Translations from the Japanese version would be nice, but I would miss laughing at the titles.

Come on,

'Wheel...of Fortune!' is hilarious. What is the '....' for? Seriously.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

I guess the titles aren't a tragedy. Sigh...

Anyway, I hope there's more to look forward to than the originl music. The acting had better have improved (which i weird for some of them since they've been acting adequetly for quite a while), and there'd better be a strangle hold on edits, or I'll be writing them an angry fan letter, as well.
    Last edited by Shift; 16th August 2006 at 2:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    PUSA isn't quite as good as 4Kids, as "May's Egg-Cellent Adventure" just isn't thinking hard enough. "Sweet Baby James" and "A Chip Off the Old Brock" are good, though I thought my prediction for the latter, "Potion's Eleven", was one of the best ones I've come up with.
    Um... Forgive me for saying I don't think that one is very good. I much prefured "Dome Sweet Dome" and "Seviper of the Fittest", but that one is definately not your best. At all.
    Last edited by Shift; 16th August 2006 at 2:36 PM.

Where was it confirmed that it's 2 episodes a day?

-Judai

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki View Post
    Where was it confirmed that it's 2 episodes a day?

-Judai
    No, it's just a one week thing; the Mystery Dungeon special and the first BF ep will premier on Fridays, then the BF ep and another new episode will show on Sat. 9-10 am with the special showing on Toonami that night and Monday at 7pm. After that, every Sat. will have the last week's BF episode at 9 and the new ep at 9:30.

So the BF episode air on Toonami everytime?

-Judai

I really like the Fear Factor Phony one. Seems pretty catchy. I'm also glad the puns are back, those are always enjoyable.

Originally posted by The Big Al
    I blame this on SOVA. They ragged on PUSA about something outside their control and so they made things they could control more like 4Kids. Thank you airheads.
    Now don't be so mean. All SOVA wanted was to get the original VAs back, not make PUSA more like 4Kids (aka the Grim Reapers of Non-Pokemon anime titles). And I've heard Taylor is walking down the road of deppresion. I'm not sure if it's true but if it is, you (the certain people who don't care if Taylor is crying, and I know who you are) should'nt be so harsh to the original VAs or Us at SOVA.
    [realizes the post was a bit off topic and flees]

They're all pretty good, except for "Wheel...of Fortune!"

I mean...what? Yes, Greta does use a wheel in her Facility to see how many Pokemon they will each use, but to name the entire episode after it when it makes a 1 minute cameo? "Candid Camerupt" is coming back to me...

Oh, hahahaha. Oh, my, now this is irony.

Seems like PUSA may be trying to be more like 4Kids than we thought, given these pun titles.

I'm gonna so laugh at all the 4Kids haters, if this PUSA dub does indeed turn out pretty much like the 4Kids dub. Though since it's not being dealt by 4Kids anymore... They proboally won't care. Even if they do changes exactly like the 4Kids one.

'Cause they're hypocrits like that. >_>

So Battle Frontier airs on September 8 and then premiere September 9? What was the point of that.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken. View Post
    They're all pretty good, except for "Wheel...of Fortune!"

I mean...what? Yes, Greta does use a wheel in her Facility to see how many Pokemon they will each use, but to name the entire episode after it when it makes a 1 minute cameo? "Candid Camerupt" is coming back to me...
    What about "Having a Wailord of a Time" or "A Shroomish Skirmish?" At least Camerupt actually did something major in its episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab View Post
    I'm also glad the puns are back, those are always enjoyable.
    I agree with that. People always complain about the puns, but some of them are very clever and I find most of them very entertaining. I like all the titles with the exception of "Wheel. . .of Fortune!" It's better than the title I picked for the episode ("Greta Clue," a play off of Get a Clue. Don't ask why I picked this one.) but it still doesn't make sense. My favorite is A Chip Off the Old Brock. I knew they were going to choose an egg-related pun for the Breeding Center episode (I guessed they would use "An Un-Egg-Spected Discovery"), and the one they chose isn't that bad.

Ok I think we can see Slaking Kong coming now. Either way...I hate the puns. At least it'll give us a memory of when the original VAs dubbed it...Oh well.

Page 1 of 93 123451151 ... LastLast