Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Ok, here's my entry for Sableye. Spiritomb is coming soon.

Sableye – (Phasmaminuor avarus)
    Avg. Weight – 24.3 lb.
    Avg. Height – 1’ 08’’
    Avg. Lifespan – Approx. 80 years
    Typing – Dark / Ghost
    Diet – Mostly Minerals and Gemstones

Phasmaminuor avarus (Greedy Ghost Miner), commonly called sableye, is a small, humanoid creature that is almost always found in caves. They are short and slim, with a large head and short, oddly angled limbs. Their hands end in sharp claws that are capable of digging quickly through solid rock. They have wide mouths lined with teeth hard enough to chew diamond. They have a dark purplish skin and their back is studded with several types of minerals condensed from the gems they have eaten. As a result, every Sableye has a unique pattern and quantity of these minerals. The eyes of sableye are very mineral-like, being more like insect eyes than any other type of eye. The unique composition of their eyes makes them very sensitive to bright light. This is why sableye reside in caves and other naturally dark areas.

Sableye are reclusive by nature, and can be hard to track down and even harder to capture. They normally live deep in the cave systems, venturing further up only in search of their food of choice, gemstones. A single sableye only needs to ingest two or three gemstones during the course of a month, depending on the size and purity of the gems. A large gem such as a diamond or sapphire can sustain a sableye for several months. However they must eat a more steady diet of common, less pure gems such as Quartz or Amethyst. They can survive on very little water, and get all they need from the drippings in the cave or from underground water sources. Due to their unique diet, sableye don’t produce any waste.

Sableye live in close-knit family groups of two to six members, depending on the amount of food in the area. Their mating rituals have never been observed, but it has been theorized that the males present the females with large, polished gems as gifts in order to capture their attention. This is supported by the many half-polished gems found at abandoned nesting sites. Sableye usually lay only one egg, but twins are also possible. The eggs take about one month to hatch, during which time one parent is always watching the egg. After hatching, the young sableye are incapable of chewing gems or digging on their own, and must rely on their parents until their teeth and claws develop and harden. It takes about ten years for sableye to reach maturity. They then either stay as part of their family group, called “clans”, or they leave with a mate of their own to start a new clan.

Recent evidence has suggested that sableye may be more intelligent than previously thought. Strange markings in and around nesting grounds appear to be maps, complete with labels, etched by the sableye. Some markings near abandoned nesting grounds are currently being gathered and tested to verify this claim, but so far the evidence appears to point to a positive answer.

Sableye are sometimes considered a menace. One popular example of this is the sableye clans currently residing in Granite Caves on Dewford Island in Hoenn. A local mining company considers the sableye pests since they eat the gemstones that the miners are after. Current population estimates put the sableye dangerously close to the endangered species list. Certain activists groups are currently urging mining companies to find a way to work with the sableye rather than against them. One mine recently opened in Orre actually used teams of trained sableye to mine the gems rather than machines. These sableye are paid with their choice of the gems that they dig up.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

I want Sentret/Furret and Zizagoon/Linoone

well its been quite the while but the site is still there and ive just updated it
    www.encyclopediapokemonia.co.nr

If at all possible, I would like to do the Porygon/2/Z entry - I ask as I have a feeling that someone else may have already claimed these Pokemon, although I'm not sure.
    FC: 3668 - 8096 - 4107

Sorry I have been extremely busy with work, will update the main page with reservations and articles soonish, all accepted as long as they are free to do...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

I just realized it's been nearly two months since I signed up... Anyway, here's Dialga:

Dialga - (Dietus temporalus)
    Height: 5.325m (17.75’)
    Weight: 682.97k (1505.7 lbs.)
    Lifespan: Unknown, probably forever
    Type: Steel/Dragon

Dietus Temporalus, more commonly called Dialga, is an enormous quadruped pokemon that appears in myths and legends, though its existence has been recently confirmed. It doesn’t just control time, it is time. If it were to die, time is said to collapse. Because of that, it is thought to live forever.

It is very large and appears to move extremely fast, though this is because it slows time around it, causing that illusion. It is cobalt blue and has a silver “crown” on its back. There is what seems to be armor plating on it chest covering its heart and lungs. The crystal on its chest is thought to be a diamond.

Dialga’s armor is made of a steel alloy that makes it impervious to almost any physical attack. Its Dragon type comes from its amazing strength and association with legends, though no DNA has been found to prove that. However, it is a likely type since its signature move, Roar of Time, is dragon and it learns many other dragon moves.

Dialga eats time. It creates time too, so it uses temporalsynthesis to make food, similar to plants’ photosynthesis. It has a seemingly infinite amount of power. If it were to use a Fire-type attack, it could probably melt through a 100 kilometer thick block of pure lead.

When the universe was young, Dialga took on a Primordial Form called [I]Dietus temporalus primaldae[/I[, which is more commonly called Primal Dialga. This form is dark blue and has an orange stripe on its neck, legs, and torso, along with a red crystal in its steel colored armor. Other than color changes, Primal Dialga looks exactly the same.

Primal Dialga exists when time is speeding up in some places and slowing, eventually stopping, in others. The flow of time is then distorted in more and more places until Dialga’s primal senses take over and try to correct time as it did in the early universe. This Primal Form seems to be a failsafe as Dialga’s consciousness would only have mission: Correct time by any means necessary.

Dialga seems to have extra power when it turns into its Primal Form. This is strange because there is no time where Primal Dialga is, nor can Primal Dialga create more time for food until it corrects time’s flow. It may use its huge reserves of power for food.

Dialga and its two brothers, Giratina and Palkia, keep the dimensions intact. Palkia holds the first three dimensions, the Spatial Dimensions, together. Dialga keeps dimensions four, five, and six, the Temporal Dimensions, intact. Giratina keeps dimensions seven through nine, the Universal Dimensions, intact. Without Dialga, time would stop and the universes would be on the verge collapsing. If that happened, space would decay, later the space around the universe would decay, and entire universes afterwards. All this would seem to happen instantly since time would be at a stand-still.

And Palkia:

Palkia - (Dietus cosmus)
    Height: Varies; usually 4.191m (13.75’)
    Weight: Varies; usually 336.02k (740.8 lbs.)
    Lifespan: Unknown, probably forever
    Type: Water/Dragon

Dietus cosmus, more commonly called Palkia, is a being that embodies space. It is a huge bipedal monster that appears in myths and legends. Recently, its existence was confirmed when it entered this universe. Palkia governs space as space itself. If it were to die, space is said to decay. It is thought to live forever because of what would happen if it died.

Palkia is very large, though it can change its size, color, and shape at will. Usually, it sticks to being a 4.2 meters tall and 336 kilograms massive dinosaur-like creature. It is pure white in color with lots of light purple stripes on its body. There are two crystals on its shoulders, both covering a heart each. The crystals are organic and they seem to be pearls.

Palkia has no armor, but has thick reptilian skin instead to repel most attacks if an enemy manages to get close enough to strike. Its Dragon type comes from its immense amount of power. Its signature move, Spacial Rend, is Dragon-type. It is completely unknown why it is half water.

Palkia feeds on space. It can create as much as it wants, so it makes its own food using cosmosynthesis. Cosmosynthesis is similar to photosynthesis, only space is used instead of light. Palkia has a seemingly infinite amount of power. If it used a Fire-type attack, it could incinerate a 100,000 karat diamond until it was a gas.

When the universe was young, Palkia took on a Primal Form called Dietus cosmus primaldae. This form has a dark grey body and lime green stripes and crystals. Palkia’s preferred shape stays the same in its Primal Form, though it still can change any of its features.

He was in charge of creating matter and the space to hold it in. Primal Palkia also made gravity and other forces we see everyday. Matter formed nebulae. Nebulae started to form octillions of stars. The stars formed septillions of galaxies, and later sextillions of galaxy clusters.

Primal Palkia’s goal is to balance space. If space collapses, Palkia will try to correct it. If it fails, Giratina will take over and correct space, allowing Palkia to resume its post and allowing everything would return to normal.

Primal Palkia has extra power when in this form. It cannot create space, and eating it would distort the fabric of space too much. Therefore, it is thought to use huge reserves of power for food.

Palkia and his two brothers, Dialga and Giratina, took control of the different dimensions. Palkia holds the first three dimensions, the Spatial Dimensions, together. Dialga keeps dimensions four, five, and six, the Temporal Dimensions, intact. Giratina keeps dimensions seven through nine, the Universal Dimensions, intact. Without Palkia, time will be more concentrated. Portals to the space between universes will open, allowing time to thin until it is normal. Giratina would then takes over Palkia’s post.

If you give the guy who signed up for Giratina the boot, I call dibs! :D
    Last edited by fredburger999; 6th December 2008 at 3:51 PM.
    I claimed Primal Dialga! He rox! w00t!
    And I claimed the Arbiter from Halo. Cause he's a freaky alien that has a sword, that's why.

I'm feeling slightly random today, so sign me up for the Stunky/Skuntank article! I should have it finished by Monday at the latest.

EDIT: I have finished the first Pokemon, Stunky, and will post it. I'm not paticullary great with writing, but I gave it a go, anyway. Oh, and the star just shows that I need a Latin name, as I have no clue relating to Latin!

Stunky*
    Height: An average of 1′04″ Weight: An average of 42.3 lbs
    Lifespan: Wild Stunky generally live for 10 years, unevolved.
    Type: Poison/Dark

Stunky (Or as the correct term states Stunkii) are small, vaguely Houndour sized/shaped Pokemon that commonly reside in sewers and alongside riverbanks in the Sinnoh region. These creatures are called by many rodents, for their small size and structure, being only vaguely larger than feet are. These Pokemon are purple in colour, with a white strip down their long fury back, which connects to their stumpy neck. The neck supports their head, one of the two most important parts to the Stunkys bio structure, the other being the rear of the Pokemon. Its head is round and spherical, holding two beady eyes, brown in colour on all Stunky, which is surrounded by a layer of exposed flesh which has risen to the surface of the Pokemons body. The tail of this creature is long, almost as long as its body, and very, very fluffy, with a sharp point on each strand of hair. Its rear is one of the most important parts of its body, as it stores the acids in which it uses to defend itself, in a small package behind a layer of thick skin. Male and female differences are few, other than the sexual organs, that is. The Stunkii have four, small legs branching out of the bottom of their body, which make up almost half of the Pokemons height, with the claws on the end rounded, sharp and pointing fowards. Each foot has three claws on.

Stunkies habitat, as stated before, is commonly the Sinnoh region, near rivers in swampy area where predators are scarce and the food is good. The Stunky have also lately begun to relocate themselves into sewers and power plants, living of the waste that is produced there by the machines and pipes. They tend to live in packs of roughly eight, with two of the elder Skunktanks, a male and a female, watching out for the younglings. The Stunkys have been found in other locations across the planet, but only rarely, as the only reason they can be there is if they have been introduced by trainers of scientists. Although they are well known to be seen often in the Kanto Safari zone. They have also been known as great household pets to human owners, as long as their sack is taken out first, they make great companions for the elderly and disabled.

The Diet of a Stunky is a simple one. They eat anything except meat, and that statement is completely true. Those that live in dumps will willingly eat broken down metals and tires, while Stunky living in swamps will eat the berries that hang from the small bushes, or request the aid of a Skunktank to lift the berries from higher bushes. They are commonly hunted by the following predators, mainly because of their habitat, but also because of their size: Leafeon, Hippowdon, Carvanha and Noctowl. These Pokemon all each Stunkies for their crunchiness and size. The Stunkies do have a way to defend themselves, however, as in their rear end a pocket of acid is stored. When in danger, their tail sprouts up, and a gas is sprayed out their rear, creating a nasty smell which usually scares any would be predators away.

Stunkies, although there are male and female variations, do not in fact mate until the evolution period to Skunktank, which occurs at the age of four at the earliest, although it is known that the period has occurred once at the age of ten years old. They live in their nests from the age of one to the day they evolve. The evolution period is fairly simple. The first day they grow more hair on their face, and their body starts to rapidly grow. The second day their tail starts to bend over, becoming almost their final tail, and on the third and last day the rest of the changes not yet occurred happen.
    Last edited by Handy?; 27th November 2008 at 6:36 PM.
    Greetings, I'm still a PASBLer.

I know its been awhile, but I was occupied with studying for finals and working on my novel for NaNoWriMo. Anyway, here's my article for Spiritomb.

Also, If no ones taken them, I'd like to reserve Skorupi and Surskit.

Spiritomb – (Legiolemures ligatio)
    Avg. Weight – 238.1 lb (including Keystone)
    Avg. Height – 3’ 03’’
    Avg. Lifespan – Unknown
    Typing – Ghost / Dark
    Diet – Unknown (presumed not to eat)

Legiolemures ligatio (lit. legion of imprisoned ghosts), commonly called Spiritomb is an incredibly rare creature. Reliable sightings are few, making Spiritomb a difficult creature to study. Most information comes from the few trainers who have managed to capture one of these oddities.

Spiritomb appear to be little more than a face surrounded by several small orbs. Their features appear jagged and sharp, giving them a jack-o-lantern appearance. They are mostly purple, and the energy orbs are green. Some rare specimens have been reported to have a pale blue body with purple orbs. Their face-like bodies are translucent, allowing you to see right through them.

Spiritomb are permanently linked to a strange object called a Keystone, (or Odd Keystone). The Keystones are small, brown stones inscribed with three dots in a triangle shape. The Keystones are identical between individuals, and their origin is shrouded in mystery. The Spiritomb are unable to move more than a few feet away from their Keystone and are linked to a small fissure in the stone by a tail-like extension. They can however move their Keystone along with their body.

Spiritomb are almost always found in areas with a long history of strange occurrences, such as the Lost Tower in Sinnoh. Though their link to the activity remains unknown, it is thought that their Keystones were sealed in these places long ago by ancient peoples. This theory is supported by the apparent rage the Spiritomb have toward nearby towns when they are finally awakened. A failed capture attempt of a Spiritomb usually results in an attack on a nearby town. This has led to strict rules regarding any capture attempts on known wild Spiritomb.

Many details of the Spiritomb life cycle remain unknown. They don’t appear to eat anything, appearing to need no sustenance at all. They also appear to be at least physically immortal; even their Keystone regenerates any damage taken, although they are incredibly difficult to damage. They never seem to age, or are at least extremely long lived. Current estimates put some of the older ones as being over 500 years old. Spiritomb are also capable of breeding. When the eggs hatch, the Spiritomb that emerges is like a small copy of the mother. It even has its own Keystone, which raises the question of whether the Keystones are part of the Spiritomb’s body, or a manmade object.
    Last edited by TheSequelReturns; 15th December 2008 at 7:02 AM. Reason: error

Well since this is open to non-reserved entries now.... I got bored. And I found out that sunflowers can remove lead and arsenic from the soil. Cool!

Sunkern/Sunflora

A plant Pokemon found primarily in warm climates, the Helianthus Solius is dependant upon the sun its entire life. They are not favored for battles, but do well in contest circuits.

Sunkern: The first stage of this Pokemon is as a seed. Sunkern ranges in size from eight to fourteen inches high depending on age. It is enveloped in a yellow-brown husk and topped by a small sprout of two leaves. While it appears to have primitive feet and can drift on the wind by its two leaves, it hardly ever moves.

The Sunkern spends all day sitting in a sunny spot absorbing sunlight through its leaves. These leaves are heliotropic, adapted to tilt and follow the sun’s progress throughout the day, then to close up securely at night. In this process, it is storing energy and producing nutrients not only for its evolution, but for its entire life. As such, it is highly sought after by herbivores and carnivores as a valuable food source.

It has been determined that Sunkern requires around three years worth of steady sunlight to evolve, but it often takes five to seven years due to cloudy days or hiding from swarming predators. Research has shown that this process can be sped up through use of a greenhouse and sun lamps; still, a Trainer must allow the seed a daily six-to-eight hour period of darkness to process the energy gathered. Some lucky Trainers can evolve a Sunkern rapidly through use of a Sun Stone. However, since the Sun Stone is rare and difficult to produce in a controlled environment, it is often only the wealthy who can afford this method.

Sunflora: The adult stage of this Pokemon is as a mobile flower. Sunfloras tend to be around two feet high with a flower head over a foot in diameter. Their bodies are green and leafy, continuing to catch bits of sunlight for energy. Their flower heads are composed of a broad orange core with a face and bright yellow petals completely surrounding it. Sunfloras are highly mobile.

The Sunflora appears to have boundless energy, jumping and singing in a near-constant state of hyperactivity. It draws this energy with extreme efficiency from the nutrient storage it processed as a seed. Recent works have proven that the adult Sunflora can photosynthesize, but they rarely hold still long enough to do so. This makes the Sunflora short-lived, as it can only exist as long as its nutrient source holds up. After evolution, wild Sunflora tend to live three to five more years before exhausting their energy and dying. Age can be determined through their fat to body mass ratio.

Sunflora tend to stay close to where they were born, for the purpose of protecting the less active Sunkern from predators. Although they may not be strong, they will gang up on a predator and overwhelm them through chattering, bouncing, and shaking their leaves and flower heads. Mating occurs in late winter so that the young are born in spring, as the days are growing longer. Males attract a mate by performing an impromptu song and dance routine, which has been described in some texts as ‘annoyingly cheerful’. The females produce a large cluster of embryonic seeds which are buried in the dirt until the Sunkern are ready to emerge.

In captivity, Sunflora are capable of living much longer due to enforced periods of inactivity in Pokeball storage. Some dedicated Coordinators will keep a well-talented Sunflora alive by feeding it a high-nutrient water solution, as water is the only thing it can take in. Any owner of a Sunflora is advised to allow this Pokemon some time in the sun every day, if practical, to prevent depression, fading, and lethargy.

Capturing an adult Sunflora is a chancy proposition. Wild Sunflora are difficult to fight, as they rush all around instead of holding to one place. They are also difficult to secure in a Pokeball, as they break out quickly. Observations have been made of Sunflora forced asleep, but still running away. It is much easier to catch a stray Sunkern blown away on a windy day, as they will not be able to resist capture.

Training a Sunflora, like anything else about this Pokemon, requires patience. Its attention span is short, so getting it to follow orders takes a firm and strong voice. As it prefers to rush around when doing anything, the Trainer must either use that habit or spend many weeks just getting the Sunflora to hold its position. Its abundant energy does not come with a lot of strength, so they must be use strategically.

History: Sunflora has come in and out of favor as a sign of wealth, due to the patience or money required to evolve it from Sunkern. Zen practitioners and monks often raise Sunkern to show their patience; however, they tend to pass on the Sunfloras as they are simply too active. Sunfloras are commonly seen in carnival troupes, as natural dancers and acrobats.

Summery: While people often admire the antics and charm of the fully grown Sunflora, the extra effort it takes to acquire, raise, and then train this Pokemon turns off most potential Trainers.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Well since this is open to non-reserved entries now.... I got bored. And I found out that sunflowers can remove lead and arsenic from the soil. Cool!
    Reservation is mainly so no-one writes the same article while no one is writing it. Of course you can write an article without reserving it but if someone writes it before you then, well first come first served.

Good articles....I'll update.

EDIT: Hmmmm it wont let me save the edit. Ill try again after the weekend and see if it will let me save then.
    Last edited by you; 11th December 2008 at 9:45 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Gah! I really need to finish off the other three articles >_>;; Thankfully my two week school break is starting tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get one of them done. And again, sorry it's taking so long to finish.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Default Surskit / Masquerain

I know its been awhile, but I finally finished. Skorupi is on the way soon.

Surskit / Masquerain - (Aquaintentus Velox)
    Avg. Height – 1’ 7.7’’ (0.5m) / 2’ 7.5’’ (0.8m)
    Avg. Weight – 3.7 lb. (1.7 kg) / 7.9 lb. (3.6kg)
    Lifespan – Up to 10 years
    Typing – Bug/Water / Bug/Flying
    Diet – water, berries, nectar, and honey.

Aquaintentus Velox (Quick Water-Strider), or Surskit is a small insect that lives near small bodies of water. Surskit have small, round, blue bodies that nearly match the color of the water. They have a hardened yellow area on their head to help protect them from flying predators. Surskit move on four thin but sturdy legs which are coated with tiny hairs. These hairs spread their weight so that they don’t break the surface tension of the water. This allows them to “skate” across the water. In this stage of their life, they feed primarily on water and small fruit such as berries, specifically the ones that grow in or near water. They are only active when the sun is up, retreating to their nests at sunset and becoming active again at sunrise. These long sleeping hours help them build up energy for the evolution into their next stage of life.

After a brief time in a silken cocoon, the Surskit emerge as mature Masquerain. Masquerain lose the long legs they had as Surskit in favor of small, wing like appendages. These function both as wings and legs although Masquerain rarely if ever walk. They also gain a large horn like extension on their head that they can use to fire small blasts of water. Masquerain have two large wings on their head that have bright orange and red marking that resemble eyes. It uses these markings as a defense mechanism to startle or scare potential predators giving the Masquerain time to escape. Masquerain mostly feed on nectar. They love honey, but they rarely find it in the wild. As Masquerain, they have the freedom to leave the lake they were born in and explore the surrounding area. When mating season arrives however, they return to their lake to lay eggs. When spring arrives, many newly born Surskit emerge to dance across the lake. In the wild, Masquerain usually only live one or two years but they can survive for ten or more in captivity and are easy to keep as pets.

Finally done with another article!! This one took me forever @_@. And yes, I'm definately betting that this article's explanation of these pokemon giving birth will no doubt raise a few eyebrows, anyways, enjoy people

-----------------------
    Hypno (Mensplasmator Sleeper)

Height: 5’03
    Weight: 166.7lbs

Drowzee ( Telekinesisvinco Sleep)

Height: 3’03
    Weight: 71.4lbs

Drowzee and Hypno are psychic type pokémon that reside in the Kanto region, and as I like to make the term of humanized pokémon, Drowzee and Hypno are one of the few pokémon in the world that closely resembles a human. They also have very interesting psychic powers that are considered rare pokémon attacks, both Drowzee and Hypnos have the power to put people to sleep and then sense the dreams they are having, so that they would know what kind of dream they would be eating (this move is often called the “Dream Eater”).

Both are considered bipedal pokémon but are vastly different, Hypno has two ears that barely resemble feline pokémon ears on the top of it‘s, it’s whole body skin colour is usually yellow and it has very sleepy looking eyes with a giant nose underneath with a pointed tip, kind of like a carrot. On it’s neck, it has a mane of snowy white fur, but other then the stuff I mentioned earlier there’s nothing else particularly notable about Hypno’s body, it has five fingers on each of it‘s hand and three toes on it‘s feet, unless you consider the pendulum that Hypno’s always hold’s in it’s left hand notable. While Drowzee also has the tired looking eyes, it’s nose kind of resembles a trunk hanging above it’s mouth, it’s arms are quite short in terms of length with the hands only having three fingers, and it’s legs are really stubby, with only having two toes for each feet that are coloured yellow. Drowzee’s body colour is in ways a split, being separated by a wavy line, it’s upper half is yellow while it’s lower half is brown, and unlike Hypnos who is slim looking, Drowzee has a round belly and looks a bit overweight for it’s size.

They’re diet is… Well, to put it bluntly it’s actually pretty bizarre, remember what I said bout they’re unique abilities about seeing into people’s and pokémon’s dreams and eating them? Well, that’s what part of they’re diets are, dreams of living creatures. Scientists and researchers are really baffled as to how pokemon who use this move, can live off of eating dreams, seeing as how there’s no known nutrients in dreams. But a couple of scientists I know of seem to have a theory on how eating dreams keeps these kinds of pokémon living. When we dream, a special type of unknown nutrient gets produced around the brain area of the body, and the longer we dream, the more we produce these kinds of these energies, plus what kind of dreams we get will also seem to be a factor of how it will make the nutrients. Like if you get a wonderful dream you wish to never wake up from, the nutrient is doubled to what the normal stats of a normal nutrient, but if you get a horrible nightmare, the nutrients stats will be half of normal, almost making them useless to use.

But since humans and other types of pokémon don’t need this kind of energy to live, it’s usually dormant in the part of the brain that produces dreams. It’s really hard how this works, but we think that this is kind of like how the sun gives a plant nutrients to grow, and keeps some of it’s nutrients dormant because the sun gave them unusable nutrients or the plants don’t need them to grow and blossom, so in other terms, our body and mind is the flower, while our dreams are like the sun. Pokémon like Drowzee and Hypnos use the nutrient to either live on longer in life, or if it’s something else entirely different then what we thought, use it to harness and power up it’s psychic abilities. Sides the dreams they can also feed off of herbs, vegetables and pokemon fruit, they’re not carnivores so it’s really unlikely they eat other pokemon.

They’re behaviour is something that not a whole lot of people would call friendly, both Hypnos and Drowzee are known to reside away from humans and usually travel on roads not a whole lot of trainers and pokémon usually use. But if anyone comes by them, they would hypnotize them and eat they’re dreams. The pendulum Hypno carries is always used to hypnotize the victims, and it’s like a treasure to Hypno as it never looses the pendulum. Plus these pokémon are usually known to habitat around the grassland area, so it will explain a lot on how they manage to hypnotize people.

The last thing to know is how they give birth, well… Your guess is as good as mine, since not a whole lot of scientists study these intriguing creatures, but my theory is from personally watching them give birth, and they do it by dreams. It does seem practically impossible for a pokémon to give birth through dreams. But after personally studying them and seeing a glimpse of an egg being born, it does make a small lick of sense. My theory is that dreams to them are not only a lifeline, but also using the dreams they eat from others actually helps them make they’re offspring a reality. What I mean is pretty complicated, but it goes like this, they’re egg starts out as mental manifestation that lurks in female Drowzee’s and Hypno’s, which they both fully know it exists in they’re minds and will try to accomplish they’re personal goal of making it a reality. Apparently, the dreams they eat actually gives strength to the egg, helping it come closer and closer to existing in the real world, and from what I studied, it has most likely to do with the mysterious nutrient I talked about earlier. When the eggs gather enough strength to be born in the real world, small orbs of light would appear next to the mother pokémon; most likely representing the dream’s energy. The orbs would then circle at a specific spot at bullet speed, manifesting the egg into reality with the energy, until the egg is fully real, and most of the time it would use up all of the dream energy that was emitted from the light orbs. So there you go, this is my theory of how they give birth, I know it would definitely make a few people scratch they’re heads in confusion, but this is the most plausible explanation I can think of.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 6th January 2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver

I posted Lapras almost a year ago, and I was just wondering if anyone had seen it since it hasn't been added yet...

Link.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Tanookie
    I posted Lapras almost a year ago, and I was just wondering if anyone had seen it since it hasn't been added yet...
    Sorry I must have missed it by accident.

Well since I can no longer update the front due to server problems, its too long, any ideas what I could do other than recreate the thread. I was thinking that simply posting the front page in a post here and giving a link on the front page. I guess that would work...

Perhaps you could take out your bios on Venusaur and them in the first post and repost them now, with a link to them from the front page. That would cut out a fairly decent amount of text from the first page.

Venusaur (Rafflesia arnoldii sauros)
    Height: 6’07’’ Weight: 220.5 lbs.

Venusaurs are large reptilian creatures that walk on all fours with a lifespan of approximately 100 years. Males are slightly larger than the females. Venusaurs have a large plant on their back with leaves approximately 1 foot long. The plant creates the impression that a Venusaur is much larger than it really is. However the creature’s plant has another purpose. Venusaurs can use their plant as an alternative energy source, drawing their energy from the sun using photosynthesis. Venusaurs are also herbivores and spend their time eating grass in open plains where plenty of sunlight can reach them. Venusaurs prefer warm climates and as a result they are much more common near the equator than further south or north.

Venusaurs daily activities are the same almost every day. Venusaurs keep moving during the day and always follow the sun when moving. This is so they can keep photosynthesizing and creating energy as their gut does not allow them to metabolize grass and leaves as well as other herbivores. Interestingly Venusaurs are not as strong or as fast during the winter months or the rainy season due to there being less sunlight. Venusaurs are herd pokemon and so travel in herds of up to 20 members with one alpha male to lead the herd.

Venusaurs mate for life and so there is no dominant breeding pair in the herd. The female’s gestation period usually last around 1 year and the females usually give birth to 1 or 2 offspring often referred to as Bulbasaurs. The Bulbasaurs differ greatly from their parents usually being only 2ft. 4in and weighing only 15.2lb. The Bulbasaurs main differences from their parents are mainly the fact that their plant has not yet grown and as such is only a bulb on their back. Bulbasaurs spend much of their time at play with their siblings. Bulbasaurs must eat much more vegetation than their parents as the plant on their back has not germinated yet and come into bloom, thus limiting greatly the use of photosynthesis. Once a Bulbasaurs bulb opens it is then commonly referred to as an Ivysaur. An Ivysaur no longer needs it mothers milk as it is able to photosynthesize and its gut has finally developed well enough. However it will be another 2 years before its plant becomes fully grown and open. When an Ivysaur’s plant starts giving off a heavy fragrant smell it a sign that its plant will soon open.

Venusaurs are not generally aggressive however if one gets too close to their young they can attack using their Vines and razor edged leaves. Venusaurs are even able to convert synthesized energy into an extremely powerful and dangerous beam to fight predators and attackers.

NOTE: (Charizards latin name came from its Japanese name Lizardon and the latin for lizard saurus. 16.8.06)

Charizard (Lizardon saurus)
    Height: 5’07’’ Weight: 199.5 lbs.

Charizard are large reptilian creatures with wings. They have a long neck and muscular builds with two horns above each eyebrow ridge protruding backwards over the head. One could call them a true dragon. They are usually seen walking on their hind legs, but it is not unheard of for a Charizard to walk on all fours. They have general orange colouring with their under belly scales being much paler than the rest of their bodies. The inside of their wings are also a dark, but bright blue, while the females under wings are coloured the same pale as their under belly. A charizard’s tail has a flame burning at the end of it, usually a orangey-red colour, however at times the flame can turn blue and become many times hotter. It is thought that the flame at the end of the tail shows how healthy and old a Charizard is. If the flame looks weak the Charizard is weak, using the tail has a sign it is often very easy to treat Charizard early. The flame is also smaller on aged and dying Charizard.

Charizard are solitary pokemon and can be found high up in the mountainous regions, however Charizard have been spotted hunting further down the mountain and even as low down as plains. Charizard are carnivorous and so feed on other pokemon. They usually hunt from the air where their excellent vision allows them to spot other Pokemon on the ground. They have been known to fly as high as 4,600 feet. Their diet can consist of whatever pokemon living in the nearby mountains such as Primape, Grumpig, Ursaring and even Hariyama. It has even been know for them to prey upon Venusaur and Snorlax. Charizard hunt on their own, using their strength to catch prey, however they do use their fire breathing abilities when hunting larger stronger prey. Charizard defend their territories fiercely from other Charizard, if two should come across each other the fighting can last for hours and usually stops when one is killed. This helps keep the Charizard population lower than other Pokemon populations which can be helpful in certain area, but in others Charizard are becoming increasingly rare.

It is believed that the males brightly coloured under wing plays a part in the mating ritual. The male is often seen flapping his wings and breathing fire to impress a female during mating season. Charizard do not mate for life and do not care for their young. The female lays her eggs in a cave at the base of a mountain and then bury them. The eggs and young are then left to fend for themselves. Baby Charizard are commonly referred to as Charmanders. They are quite different from the adults. The have the same colouring pattern as the adults, however they have no wings or horns. The Charmanders are omnivores eating whatever they can find. When a Charmanders horns start to grow it is then commonly referred to as a Charmeleon. However a Charmeleon only has a stump from which the horns will grow and is beginning to show sign of how strong it will become, A Charmeleon still has no wings. The “wing spurt” as it is referred to, happens extremely quickly. A Charmeleon grows its wings and horn out in a matter of weeks. It also puts on much more weight and grows extremely quickly. After the “wing spurt” a Charmeleon is considered a Charizard.

Charizard are extremely violent and ill tempered creatures and it is best to try avoiding one. Their numbers are also falling mainly due humans hunting them down as they are considered a danger to travellers.

NOTE: (it was hard for me to decide if blastoise was a carnivore or herbivour but i decided on herbivour. Its latin name is derived from Chelonia a genus of turtles and its Japanese name Kamex. These are just gettin longer and longer...well at least beedrill shouldnt take long. 16.8.06 22:07)

Blastoise (Chelonia kamex)
    Height: 5’03’’ Weight: 188.5 lbs

Blastoise are large reptilian Pokemon that usually live to about 200 hundred years old. They have large bodies covered by an extremely hard shell with small legs and arms. Protruding out of the shell on either side of the head are bone formations that look a lot like cannons or turrets. Blastoise usually have blue arms legs, with sharp claws at the end of its fingers, and heads with a light brown under shell and lower jaw and darker brown over shell. The cannons are made of bone but much stronger and have no skin covering the surface. They can move these turrets in many different directions of choice due to muscles attached to the base of the cannon bones. Blastoise also have a small tail protruding from the bottom of their shell.

Blastoise are extremely solitary pokemon and are not seen very often. They inhabit large lakes, but can sometime be seen at the lakeside walking on their hind legs eating the surrounding vegetation; however Blastoise can also walk on all fours. A Blastoise is much faster and much more at home than on land, although this pokemon is capable of moving quickly on land when the need arises.

A Blastoise’s cannons have several uses. First and foremost is the fact that they have the ability to project water from the inside of its shell out through the cannons at extremely high velocity and power. It does this by allowing water to enter its shell through the openings around its cannons and using muscles that make up a pressure system inside its shell project them back out through its cannons. Blastoise are extremely accurate when using their cannons and are capable of hitting small targets at distances of over 160 feet. However a Blastoise can become unstable after using its cannons, if used at high power, due to the large amount of recoil. Because of this it can take a Blastoise many years to perfect the usage of its cannons. A secondary use for the cannons is when trying to seduce a mate. When trying to attract a mate Blastoise wave their cannons around to try and attract a mate. Each male devises his own pattern to use and it often takes many years to finalise the pattern they use. When the time is right for laying eggs the female comes ashore at night and lays her eggs in the sand and then proceeds to covers them up with sand and then return to the water. When the eggs hatch the young are commonly referred to as Squirtles. Squirtles look much like the adult Blastoise, but without the cannons and claws and a much larger tail in comparison to its body than a fully grown Blastoise. The Squirtles have to dig their way out of the sand and then find their way to the water. The parents do not take any part in raising their young. After many years a Squirtle will eventually grow furry ears and much larger furry tails and is then commonly referred to as a Wartortle. It is speculated that the reason for this is the sudden surge of hormones that bring about the bone cannon mutation. This would explain why a Wartortle’s ears and tail reduce in size when the cannons growth is complete. It also explains why a Wartortle can grow to become a fully grown Blastoise in a matter of days. Half of a Blastoise’s life span is spent as a Squirtle and Wartortle.

Blastoise are not aggressive pokemon by nature. They much prefer to withdraw and hide inside of their shells when attacked, which is not that often. Due to the hardness and strength of the shell almost no attacker can get through it and a Blastoise can wait out the attack inside its shell. However when Blastoise do fight back they are extremely strong and brutal, using the weight of its shell to its advantage it can beat much larger foes in a fight, especially in water. They are also becoming increasingly rarer due to destruction of habitat.

Ok so the front page is working again...ill add the newest articles there, but I might miss some...just say if i do...

Well I remembered abou tthis page again and updated the website

Oh snap; I didn't think that anybody would update this topic anymore since it has been close to a year the last time someone replied on this, let alone make another article ^^;
    Blue

Silver

Umm... I don't want to be the one that posts this. But Pokemon is one of those words that doesn't get a letter "S" on the end when it becomes pluralized.

If you have one Pikachu, you have a Pikachu.
    If you have ten Pikachu, you have ten Pikachu.
    Not ten Pikachus.

Other than that small oversight the encyclopedia reads well, there are still a few awkward sentences here and there, don't be afriad to use "," or ";" especially if you're trying to make it look encyclopedic. Just make sure you now how to use Grammar. Grammar is your friend She bakes you cookies NOM NOM NOM NOMMMM SNORLAX!!!
    My Future Soul Silver Team

My ACTUAL Soul Silver Team

I don't use uber Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

I'll point out that TvTropes has a version of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...edFanonEdition

Interesting huh.

Please don't bump years-old threads unless you're the thread starter actually updating the story.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031