Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Well, I see that the Encylclopaediac boom is dead. Well migth as well submit this article that is extremly hard to do (possibly the longest article I've ever done), and waaaaaaaay overdue X_x, so that I won't have much more stuff that is due. Enjoy people

~Dark Amethyst

~*Dragon Species*~

Dragon type pokémon’s are considered to be one of the most majestic species in the entire pokemon world, and also one of the most mysterious types around. Many people who don’t know much bout Pokémon usually consider Dragon types to be one who usually breath fire and have a menacing look, but in all reality, there’s all kinds of dragon types that can use all kinds of attacks, from water to thunder, from earth to psychic. A lot of people know the dragon’s strength and weaknesses when it comes to battle, but the main weakness of dragon’s is ice. As many people know dragon types are cold blooded, and when attacked with ice type moves, the energy just disappears faster till they fall in battle.

Not much is known is on how they get they’re energy from, but many people believe they get all of they’re energy from the earth’s surroundings. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean they’re natural energy, what I mean is that scientists believe that Dragon type pokémon have special kinds of scales that can absorb the natural environment around them. From the solar rays of the sun for the ones that are fire and thunder type, to the lake waters used by water type dragon pokémon. As of right now, scientists have only managed to two types of dragon pokémon, here’s the info of them in the following paragraphs.

Dragon Type
    -------------

Dragon type are pokémon who carries the blood of dragons. They are more easily to be subdued by the freezing cold tempatures of ice based attacks, also surprisingly can be beaten easily by they’re own kind, and mainly use they’re claws and breathing like moves (eg Ice Beam, flamethrower, solar beam, etc). Some dragon types are also born in the Dragon egg group, have high above average stats that helps them beat they’re enemies in battles, and most dragon types have three evolutionary stages that to reach the final stage requires to reach a high level of excellence.

List of Dragon type pokemon
    ------------------------------

Bagon
    Shelgon
    Salamence
    Dratini
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Kingdra
    Altaria
    Gible
    Gabite
    Garchomp
    Latias
    Latios
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina

Non Dragon Type
    ----------------

Non Dragon type pokémon’s are the type that carry a look resemblance to any dragon type pokémon, but in reality, they don’t carry the dragon blood. Most people would confuse non-dragon types with dragon types cause both types are born in the dragon egg group, anyways. Non Dragon types are also warm blooded, so they’re bodies can resist ice based attacks better and won’t take damage, and some non dragon types have the look of a serpent, so that they can glide and swim easier through the lakes and oceans, or to have fast reflexes and attack faster if they are not water type.

List of Non Dragon Types
    -----------------------------

Ekans
    Arbok
    Charmander
    Charmeleon
    Charizard
    Feebas
    Milotic
    Horsea
    Seadra
    Treecko
    Grovyle
    Sceptile
    Magikarp
    Gyrados
    Swablu
    Seviper
    ---------------

EDIT: Hmmm, seeing as how this great thread has lost interest now, and that You won't be back for a couple of months. I'll try my best to keep this article alive by doing some articles on the pokemon of Sinnoh. I don't know if this counts as breaking a rule (if there is a rule bout replying on topics that haven't been replied in like months)
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 25th January 2008 at 9:50 PM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

good job not forgetting about this place ill be sure to update the site with your article soon

Well im back!! At least for a while...I have a 12 day holiday and then my service finally ends on the 4th of January! Man im happy...in the meantime ill seriously do an article for tonight...about time i contributed to my own thread!!

Dark Amethyst nice article with a nice explaination of how Dragons can use all kinds of attecks!!

15 days of service left^^ 12 days are holidays^^

EDIT: If i missed updating any articles to the front page please let me know...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Wow, I haven't visited here in forever. Congratulations You! Thanks for your service.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

May I do Shuckle? It might take about a week, but I'll get it done. I'll start working on it immediately, so that it'll be done sooner.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

I shalld do Giratina- I won't mess up like last time! I might also do Groudon/Kyogre.

Shuckle

Height: 2’00”
    Weight: 45.2 lbs.
    Scientific Name: Ferecrusta Molis

Shuckle are a baffling species of pokémon, which scientists still debate about today. Their soft inner body is housed inside of a thick exoskeleton, which strangely has holes for the inner body to reach out of. The shell produces an enzyme which, when touched by fungi, creates a thin, crusty fungus, which cushions the inner body, inside of a Shuckle’s shell. Shuckle have the odd habit of placing berries inside of their shells, which eventually decompose, mixing with body fluids to create a sweet juice. A Shuckle’s shell is bright red, from contact with the fungus, but a newly born Shuckle has a soft, white shell, until fungus begins to grow on it. A shiny Shuckle is simply a Shuckle with a gene that dyes the fungus a deep blue. All Shuckle have bright yellow inner bodies, and long, thin limbs, which are bendable, and soft, rather like a marshmallow, as Shuckle lack an inner skeleton.

The juice has medicinal values, and can restore an exhausted, horribly sick pokémon to full strength. It has become as common to drink as milk from a Miltank, and its sweet tang is most popular with children. It takes about a month for a batch of berries to decompose completely, and Shuckle farmers may stick corks into the holes in the shell of a Shuckle to ensure that no juice will leak out. Despite their many uses, Shuckle are also rather hard to harm, as they can hide inside of their shells, and be safe from most attacks. Inside of a Shuckle’s shell, the inner body can change shape, as it is made up of organs, muscles, and fluids. Shuckle generally have stretchy skin, they can stretch their limbs, and shorten them without bending their limbs at all. Shuckle generally have mellow and shy temperaments, as they normally hide under rocks to keep safe from predatory pokémon.

Shuckle are all herbivores, and strictly eat berries. Any sort of other meal will most likely make them sick. Although occasionally they will eat plants, a Shuckle eating plants may become unhealthy over time, growing pale, with its shell flaking off. A Shuckle does not mate for life, and after mating, a Shuckle will probably never meet its mate ever again. Shuckle take excellent care of their eggs, the mother digging a hole on a sandy mound, and placing the egg inside. A flat rock is shoved on top, and baby Shuckle will only survive if they are able to move the rock. This ensures that only the strongest Shuckle will be able to live on, and mate, passing their genes on to offspring.

Shuckle are relatively peaceful, living together in small colonies under boulders. Shuckle never dispute over territory. Unfortunately, Shuckle are often poached, and killed, their shells being made into jewelry. Poaching Shuckles is illegal, and Shuckle are an endangered species in Johto, where they are native. A few Shuckle have been smuggled to Hoenn, although they were captured, and made to live in the Safari Zone, where they flourish, due to the large rocks, and soft, sandy soil.

A Shuckle’s classification was debated among scientists, until a few years ago, when a Bug/Rock typing was agreed upon. Shuckle are not actually bugs, as they are more closely related to crustations. However, they are not crustations either, and so instead of making a new element for them, they were shunted into the Bug category. They qualify as Rock pokémon, due to the minerals that are trapped in a Shuckle’s shell, impregnating them with minerals. This may explain why a Shuckle’s shell grows harder over time, although another possibility is that they merely grow more than one layer of shell, which makes the shell more difficult to mutilate.

A Shuckle lives for about fifty years, and then dies, its shell not decomposing. A Shuckle’s endurance hints to its lifespan; Shuckle with extraordinarily strong shells may live up to seventy years old. Shuckle move by dragging their body along the ground, and move very slowly. Young, lightweight Shuckle are able to lift up their shells, and “walk, although this can injure their tender soles.

Shuckle have an interesting mating ritual. A male Shuckle releases berry juice into a hollow, somewhere, and the aroma of the juice attracts the female. If a female is interested in mating, she will wrap her neck around the male’s own.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

nice article ive put it on the site

Wow, I haven't visited here in forever. Congratulations You! Thanks for your service.
    Thanks, although if it was up to me i wouldnt have gone, damn Finnish laws! Although i really dont regret going and I had a really good time!!

I shalld do Giratina- I won't mess up like last time! I might also do Groudon/Kyogre.
    Ok ill reserve Giratina for you. Let me know if you will do the others.

I guess....except for those two reservations all other Pokemon are open for articles, all reservations expiring....guess ive got to clean up the front page a bit...

And a great Shuckle article Mawile XD Thanks for your contribution!!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Extremely overdue, i bought a new computer recently so ive been sorting that out, but finally here is my latest article...enjoy...

Note: Exspecto Tentatio=Waiting Attack

Wobuffet (Exspecto Tentatio)
    Height: 4’-4’5” Weight: 55-70lbs

Wobuffet is an extremely unusual Pokemon in many aspects. Wobuffet are completely blue, except for their tails and have four short rounded feet arranged in pairs at the bottom of its body. It appears not to have any legs of sorts. Its lower body is extremely thin compared to its upper half; indeed its lower body is approximately three times thinner than its upper body. Further up along its body it widens out ending in an extremely bulbous head section considerably wider than its lower body. It has no distinguishable neck or shoulders. Its arms, which have no fingers, simple jut out of its body about two thirds of the way up its body. Behind its head, about the same size, there is a kind of fat store hanging down. This Pokemon also has a short squat black tail with a second pair or eyes on it. However, despite looking strange, Wobuffet are built perfectly for withstanding other Pokemon’s attacks. So much so that this Pokemon has been relegated to the very top tiers of competitive battling, where the most powerful and most rare Pokemon compete, despite not actually learning any direct attacks. Wobuffet are one of the longest living of any Pokemon with a lifespan of about 200 years.

Wobuffet are nocturnal Pokemon, spending the day asleep in the shelter of caves or hollows. Wobuffet move around on their four feet, slowly due to the lack of legs. However although they move slowly they generally have no fear of predators due to their defensive capabilities. Wobuffet communicate to other Wobuffet, intruders and potential predators by slapping their tails on the ground. How hard, fast and the rhythm indicate what the Wobuffet is trying to say. Wobuffet are generally solitary, reclusive creatures. However during mating season many Wobuffet gather to contest for females by having endurance competitions. Wobuffet compete by both Pokemon staying completely still and the first to move loses the potential female. The thought is that the females will look at the all the duelling pairs and the Wobuffet that survives the hardest rains, winds, heat, predations among other things has the best endurance and therefore is the most desirable. However Wobuffet predators, such as Gengar, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Absol, Weavil and Steelix, take advantage of the love struck Pokemon and can attack the local Wobuffet population with none of the usual resistance. For this reason Wobuffet is almost solely hunted during their mating season by other Pokemon as any other time, a Wobuffet is too difficult and dangerous to successfully kill.
    Wobuffet themselves are omnivores. They eat a wide variety of mainly roots and shoots. Although they will not pass up the opportunity to devour a Pokemon found dead or one that was stupid enough to attack and get itself killed by a Wobuffet. However they can go for an extremely long time without any sort of sustenance. The longest recorded time for a Wobuffet going without food was 10 years.

The Wobuffet mating season is in the middle of winter and summer, when the elements are at their strongest and therefore the endurance battles will weed out the weakest Wobuffet. They neither eat nor move for any reason during this time, even predators. The reason for losses is usually death. Female Wobuffet can be differentiated from the males by a red marking, looking a lot, in shape and colour, like a woman’s lips with lipstick on, around the front of their mouths. The females typically lay about 5 eggs which she then guards for the next year, unmoving and going the whole time without food. The eggs then hatch and the young Wobuffet are called Wynaut. The female Wobuffet then typically abandons her new born young in another test to train their endurance. Wynaut, however are far from defenceless. They already know all their attacks and are still amongst the most resilient Pokemon around. Full grown predators that are smart enough to stay away from Wobuffet normally will also stay away from Wynaut. Wynaut resemble their parents in colouring, however, a Wynaut has only two feet as well as their lump of storage fat being on their forehead and significantly smaller. Their arms also appear to protrude for their heads and they have a neck. There is a theory that says a Wobuffet’s arms do in fact extend out of its head, its just gotten so
    fat and bulbous that its neck, shoulders and body only seem to disappear creating the appearance that its arms come out of a body whereas in reality it just has an extremely large head. After about 25 years a Wynaut is mature enough to be called a Wobuffet.

Wobuffet are relatively uncommon and as such are quite prized by trainers alike. The most Wobuffet are caught during its mating season as there is almost no resistance to the trainer. Another unusual quality about Wobuffet and Wynaut is the fact that they can only learn 7 attacks. Counter, Mirror coat, Safeguard, Destiny bond, Splash, Encore and Charm. They can learn no other attacks in any way what so ever. Because of these combination of attacks and both Wobuffet’s and Wynaut’s extremely high health and good defences both Wobuffet and, to a lesser extent, Wynaut are relegated to the highest tiers in competitive battling. A trainer going up against another trainer with a Wobuffet is almost expected to lose at least one member of his team to the Wobuffet or Wynaut. This is why they are only allowed to compete against only the strongest and rarest Pokemon.

very nice even explained the male and female difference

I will do Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass. Expect it soon.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

OK ill reserve it...

Heya! I know it's been AGES since I reserved Girafarig but no one has wirtten about it yet so here goes:

Girafarig
    Artiodactyla zafira

This mild, hoofed mammal inhabits lush, grassy plains. Although most herbivores stay in herds to provide each other with protection, Girafarig are mostly solitary; sometimes two good friends will keep each other company whilst grazing.

The reason for their isolation is their tail. Technically classified as a parasitic organism, the tail contains two eyes, a partly–developed brain, and a mouth filled with sharp teeth. The brain can only control very basic functions, such as biting and blinking, and its temperament is always extremely aggressive and controlling. Independent of its host (needing only the Girafarig’s blood flow and food), the tail will keep watch as the Girafarig sleeps. Under the Part–Pokémon Act of 1946, the tail is classified as a semi–conscious being and has access to all Pokémon Rights.

As the tail cannot feed itself, the Girafarig grazes for most of the day. The sensitive horns on its head can detect minute changes in air current, temperature, humidity, and magnetic field among many other things (most of which undiscovered). When provoked the Girafarig uses psychic energy to create a shield around itself, or concentrates air into shockwaves which can stun most predators. As a last resort Girafarig will attack or run away; they are fleet of feet and their tail is usually efficient at deterring predators as they chase after the Girafarig. It is not uncommon, however, for the tails to be bitten off; the stump will usually heal quickly and the absence of the tail does not seem to hinder Girafarig.

Girafarig are placid creatures, but have been tamed only recently due to the ferocity of their tails. They adapt easily to life in training and do especially well as coordinator’s Pokémon due to their flashy Psybeams, always a crowd–pleaser, and the kaleidoscopic fireworks of the new attacks Guard and Power Swap. Their unusual typing also allows them to learn a range of attacking moves, such as Thunderbolt or Grass Knot. However, their physiology is delicate and their long legs are easy sprained or broken.

Girafarig mate for life, although the male and female usually only stay together during the mating season, where the tail, for reasons unknown, suddenly mollify. Girafarig give birth to one live foal every Spring, although twins are not uncommon. Conjoined, or Siamese twins have especially puzzled scientists; the babies’ tails usually engage in violent fights immediately after birth and such Girafarig are usually left with only one conscious tail. Girafarig are weaned at one year in the wild and six months in captivity. They reach sexual maturity at two and a half years, although most bucks will not reproduce before the age of five. Gestation lasts 11 months. Girafarig can grow to a height of 4’11’’ or 1.5 meters, and weigh on average 91 lbs or 41.3 kilograms. They live for twenty years in the wild and forty in captivity.

Glalie and Froslass
    Glacies taburnus

Glalie and Froslass are remarkable pokémon. Glalie possess the ability to hover in the air, and move, due to magnetic minerals in their exoskeletons. Glalie have dark, rocky bodies; their bodies are coated with minerals that are iced onto small, hard bodies. The minerals will never melt off, as they fuse onto a Glalie’s body. When a Glalie emerges from the frozen “parka” they form as a Snorunt, they freeze the moisture in the air around them to keep from overheating, creating a masklike glaze over their bodies. Glalie have large rocky horns which are filled with sensory organs, which have the unusual ability to detect warmth, effectively helping them find prey, as Glalie are carnivores. Glalie eat Zubat and Golbat, along with Spheal, and the occasional Sealeo. Glalie have large, tombstone teeth, which are useful in crushing the bones of prey. Glalie are very protective of their young, and keep them in small ice caves, where they are kept alone for a few years, and then brought to small groups of Snorunt, watched over by a Glalie. The other adults hunt, during this time, and bring back food. Glalie can live in harshly cold climates, living in isolated caves, far from civilization. For this reason, Glalie are highly sought after by collectors, who use the pokémon as a status symbol, to show their wealth or power. Glalie have matriarchal societies, as the oldest female Glalie or Froslass makes decisions for the entire colony of Glalie, Froslass, and Snorunt. Glalie are highly intelligent, and have very long memories. Glalie can live for over five hundred years. They also possess the ability to freely control ice, and so when hunting and sleeping, they can incase themselves, or prey in thick armor.

Froslass are extremely few in Glalie societies. They are created when a young female Snorunt is exposed to the radiation of a Dawn Stone. The Snorunt mutates into a different pokémon, referred to by scientists and trainers as a Froslass. Their small bodies are compacted into a cranium, while a body is composed, two arms and a torso. The torso is hollow, and filled with freezing cold energy, which keeps a Froslass’ body from melting, as it is almost completely made of ice. A Froslass is much more intelligent than a Glalie, able to use several abilities such as a Destiny Bond technique, which were previously inaccessible to Snorunt and Glalie. The use of Ghost element moves has persuaded scientists to give Froslass an Ice/Ghost typing, instead of simply a pure Ice typing. Froslass have blue, red, and purple pigmenting on their bodies, due to the combination of blood, and body enzymes. Like Glalie, Froslass are also carnivores, eating any meat that they can. Froslass are considered royal in Glalie societies, and when one is created, they instantly become leader, unless another Froslass is already leader. Froslass live in snowy regions, inside of ice caves. Their breath is capable of instantly freezing prey, as it is sixty degrees below zero, normally, although it can go much lower if a Froslass wishes. Froslass are all female, and can mate with a Glalie, still producing a Snorunt. Froslass are very picky in choosing a mate, as they mate for life. They will choose a male Glalie that is larger and stronger than the others, to ensure that the young are powerful, and strong. Froslass are highly sought upon by Pokémon Trainers, due to their unique typing, and movepool, although they are not loyal to trainers, very rarely bonding with them. Froslass are harsh in disciplining others, and have violent tendencies, not being afraid of hurting others badly.
    Young Glalie and Froslass are called Snorunt. It takes about fifty years for a Snorunt to shed its parka, and become a Glalie. Snorunt are covered in thick rocky skin, with tiny eyes, and a colorful “parka”, with body fluids dying the parka, which is made of ice. The parka is extremely strong, yet can be stretched, due to ice links attaching to each other; the material is soft, yet strong. A Snorunt’s parka is created by its mother at birth, and it remains until the Snorunt sheds it when becoming a Glalie. When entering adulthood, a Snorunt encases itself in ice, and its eyes expand within a day, quadrupling in size. Their arms and legs are sucked back into their bodies, causing the Snorunt to grow in size. Unlike Glalie or Froslass, Snorunt need only snow, the minerals that the caves they live in providing sufficient nutrition. When adolescent, shortly before evolution, a group of five Snorunt leaves the cave that they were born in for several months, somehow surviving without the minerals that serve as nutrition. The Snorunt explore the outdoors, and after a month of experience, they come back to their cave to evolve. A Snorunt has the same large teeth that it has as a Glalie. The teeth never fall out, or break, as they are strong enough to crush diamonds. It takes about a month for a Snorunt to hatch from its egg, the moment it is born its mother gives it the icy parka that it is clad in until evolution. Snorunt are timid before adulthood, and hide far from humans, and anything that could cause them harm.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Dark Amethyst nice article with a nice explaination of how Dragons can use all kinds of attecks!!
    It's really no probs for the article You And I like to reserve four pokemon, and hopefully I can get them done within a few months (mainly cause high school= less time!)

The four pokemon I like to reserve are Drowzee/Hypnos, Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar, Latias/Latios, and Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 25th January 2008 at 9:00 PM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver

Ok ill reserve them for you if they arent already written. Keep in mind the reservation time limit...

Great Glale/Froslass and Girafarig articles!!

I'm still here and around! Anyway, this is an article I started, but I didn't quite finish it. What I want to ask is...is an article like this, that isn't directly related to any type of pokemon, allowed? ^^;

The Wild Apricorn (Syringa fructus)

Quick Summary

Order: Lamiales
    Family: Oleaceae
    Height (shrub): <5 ft (4 ˝ ft. on average)
    Weight (nut): 2-4 lbs.
    Reproductive Maturity: 5 yrs.
    No. of Nuts (per shrub): 5-7
    Flowers: White (subspecies niveus), blue (subspecies puteulanus), pink (subspecies pallidus), yellow (subspecies crocinus), black (subspecies niger), red (subspecies rufus) , green (subspecies crudus)
    Soil: Loamy, sandy
    Lifespan: 30-50 years

The wild apricorn is a low-laying woody shrub native to the country of Johto, where fossil records indicate the plant genus has existed, identical to its modern state, since the Pleistocene Epoch. Among the original residents of the region, the shrub was known as the bonguri, and fiercely protected for its mystical properties. The thin trunks are usually 2 ˝ inches in diameter, with many spreading tree-like branches that grow outwards near the ground and upwards near the shrub's tip. The bark is a dull brownish grey in color, with horizontal stripes of pale white, similar to the North American pin cherry. The bark is smooth to the touch, and will, if enough force is applied, peel off in thin, flaky strips. Ornamental apricorn in the Western United States will often have entire rings of bark torn off near the ground, the result of a perennial pest, the California plusle and minun (genus Spermophilus). The leaves are about 3-3 ˝ inches long, with subtly serrated edges; the leaves are wide at the base and narrow slightly to a sharp point at the tip. They are a dull green in color, and the veins are a brilliant yellow. While the upper sides of the leaves are smooth and slightly velvety to the touch, the undersides of the leaves are covered in short, fine hairs. At the top of each shrub grows a cluster of brilliant flowers that can be any number of colors depending on the species, it is mainly in the flowers and resulting nuts that the species differ. The flowers are big and beautiful, and it is because of them that the apricorn is such a popular ornamental in temperate regions with mild winters.

Apricorns grow very close together in clusters of a single species, which can consist of as many as ten shrubs. Clusters can even grow close to other clusters, forming thicket-like groves, although most average landowners will attempt to keep apricorn thickets from overtaking their lawns. The plants take five years to reach reproductive maturity, and will produce small, unimpressive flowers that first year (and equally unimpressive nuts). However, the flowers' typical bold brilliance will be on display the next spring.

The Apricorn Nut

As the flowers wilt, the nuts develop in their place. The English name for the shrub comes from the appearance of this nut, which has an acorn-like shape and a pale, pinkish-colored meat. The nutmeat is bitter and generally considered inedible by people, though several species of pokémon include it in their diets. Pikachu (genus Sciurus) are especially associated with the apricorn nut (though in reality they do not eat them often, only when quick calories are needed), along with their closest genetic relative, the pachirisu (genus Tamiasciurus), and many popular depictions of both species in Eastern art (and by osmosis, in much Western art as well) show them on their haunches with their tails held over their backs, holding apricorn nuts in their paws.

The apricorn nut is about the size and weight of a baseball, making it the largest of the true nuts. The color of the outer shell is the same as that of the flowers produced by the shrub, only slightly more washed out. The pale-colored nutmeat is covered in a loose husk within the shell, similar to the pistachio, while a thick, fibrous membrane along the inner surface of the shell further protects the growing meat. Although few pokémon species find appeal in the meat of the nut, all can be strangely influenced by the inner membrane, which will be described in more detail below.

Properties and History

Records of the apricorn being deliberately planted and cultivated can be found as far back as 1,700 years ago, with the earliest records of the nutshell's amazing properties appearing at the same time. The fundamentals of how apricorns work can only be tentatively explained through science...

And that's where I got stuck. Should I finish this? (Oh, and I totally reserve Pachirisu!)
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Well I say go for it. Ill include it, we have articles about Pokemon types and even Missingno so why not the berries!! Its really good too!!

Ok ill reserve them for you if they arent already written. Keep in mind the reservation time limit...
    I'll definately keep in mind bout it, and since I reserved for 4 articles at the same time, I might have to go hyper typing in order to finish all of them within the reservation time limit
    Blue

Silver

Or simply before or when the time limit runs out...re-reserve them...although its not that busy here at the moment so the time limit isnt so important now...

Well, seeing as how high school is making me do my articles more slowly, I like to re-reserve all four of them. I'll try to get all four of them done as fast as I can.
    Blue

Silver

'Scuse me. A while back I asked for a reservation on the Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire line. I never got the OK, so I never started the article, but I'd still love to do it if I was allowed.
    IT'S FINALLY BACK!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/vg1ovt.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultimate Face-Off Owner

Winner: for Adventure Face-Off Red and Blue Version!
    Credit for userbar goes to
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Of course, ill reserve it for you. Hmmm i think its about time i made an article...

Korachu is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Post A reservation, if you please

Excellent idea. I joined just to post a reply... which is to make a reservation for wailmer/wailord.

PLEASE SAY YES!

I'll post it anyway- I'll remove it if you wish.

Here’s mine then. I researched the Latin name quite hard, thinking what it should be. I decided on Balaenoptera, which is the beginning of all the Baleen whales names. The Blue Whale is a Baleen whale, and since that is what Wailord is based on I decided the start would be Balaenoptera. Next, I looked up the Latin name for Float, which is the second thing Wailord is based on. It turned out to be “No”, so there you have it. Balaenoptera no.

Wailord/Wailmer

Species Name: Wailord
    Latin Name: Balaenoptera no

Wailord (Latin name Balaenoptera no) is, so far, the largest Pokemon ever found. It has a huge, vaguely blimp-shaped body which has a blue top and a white belly. It has several white spots on its back, a raised tail on its backside, four blue fins, two on each side, one behind the other, on its side, and another two white ones, one on each side, at the back of its body. It has two black coloured eyes with a white rim, and two blowholes on its back for breathing when it comes to the surface. However, Wailord’s most recognisable feature is its enormous mouth that takes up half of its overall length, lined with tombstone teeth and a huge tongue. On its chin are several grooves, with allow its chin to inflate with water, taking on a pink tinge as they do so. When it in inhales its lungs to maximum capacity, it can dive down as far as 10,000 feet.

Wailord live primarily in the Antarctic Circle, where there is plenty of krill and small fish, which take up their entire diet, to feast on. To eat the krill, they simply glide around with their mouths wide open in krill swarms. They herd the fish together by jumping out of the water and making huge splashes, and are then able to eat the fish with ease. Because Antarctica is a cold and isolated habitat, Wailord are rarely seen, and large boat expeditions must be prepared to go and see them all together (they are very separated in the breeding grounds, as they all prefer different areas and usually these areas are very far away from each other. They can only be seen together in the Antarctic). Although they have no predators except for the occasional daredevil Sharpedo, dead Wailord washed up on beaches are devoured by the creatures that live there. Female Wailord live in groups called Pods, which can contain as much as 5 members to 40 (the males are solitary). In these pods they are very protective of one another. For instance, should a parent have to go deep underwater for whatever reason, an Aunt or any other relative will look after the baby in her absence.

When it is mating season, Wailord must migrate north to the warmer breeding grounds, one example of which is the waters surrounding Hoenn. This is because the babies blubber will not have developed fully at birth, meaning that they would not survive very long in the colder waters. Mating is decided by the male’s performances. Males will breach (jump out of the water) to attempt to attract a female, and will also sing a song, which sounds like a wailing noise. No two Wailord’s songs are the same.

Once mating is over, the males return to the Antarctic, but the females stay to give birth. A single calf, known as a Wailmer, will be born and will feed off its mother’s milk for 5 months at least to develop its blubber and body. Once it has enough blubber to survive in the Antarctic, the mother and calf will return with their pod to the Antarctic Circle. Upon arriving, a Wailmer calf will continue to drink its mother’s milk for 2 more months, and then stay with her for about 3 more months. Afterwards it will evolve into an adult Wailord. The newly evolved Pokemon will, if it is a male, leave the pod, and if a female, remain as one of the members.

Wailord are hunted by people, and large expeditions are sent to the Antarctic to hunt them with harpoons. They are hunted in some breeding grounds as well, although the people of Hoenn do not. The Hoenn people are actually very interested in the mammals, and most of the research on them has come from there. Currently, many people and organisations are working to protect the Wailord from Wailing (the term used to describe hunting them) and also to protect the Dewgongs and Seels from Dewgong clubbing (again, the hunting term), including Pokepeace, Ocean shepherd and many other conservation programmes.

Currently, due to Wailing, Wailord are few in numbers. But the Wailing industry is dieing, and most people are against Wailing. Maybe, one day, we will once more see these Pokemon in their full blossom again.

By Korechu
    Last edited by Korachu; 10th May 2008 at 9:17 PM.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast