Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Please could I resurve doduo/dodrio and I will make sure I finnish this one off

All requests accepted...however, Megadio26, i will accept your request to reserve the Blissey line for now. However it needs to be much longer than your previous articles.

PDL i loved your article it made a lot of sense and was easy to read. I really liked how you incorperated mythology into it. It was a nice addition.

Your article, Dunsparce4prez, was very good as well. I can understand why you chose the Dunkleosteus to base its genus off of. Its a good theory on why the red dot exists. And the breeding habits made perfect sense.

Good job everyone!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Hello.

Hi guys, I was wondering, what would a good scientific name for Aipom be? I have been thinking, but I don't know any scientific names, latin or otherwise. Help?

Coming Soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Turner View Post
    Hello.

Hi guys, I was wondering, what would a good scientific name for Aipom be? I have been thinking, but I don't know any scientific names, latin or otherwise. Help?
    you could look up scientific names on Wikipedia, that site can help alot with scientific genus names of real animals.

there's also a nifty website I found where you can type in an english word and get the closest latin equivilent.

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookdown.pl
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    you could look up scientific names on Wikipedia, that site can help alot with scientific genus names of real animals.

there's also a nifty website I found where you can type in an english word and get the closest latin equivilent.

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookdown.pl
    Great link. This is worth just playing around with.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

Here are the (new) entries for Kyogre and Groudon:

Groudon: Tyrannoterrus rex

Groudon is the king of the land. It is a dinosaur-like monster with red or gold armor and white spikes. It's natural habitat is deep underground near magam, and where ther is lots of heat. It uses it's thermal energy to heat rock and turn into magma, or to dry up any water source it finds. It then uses a telepathic abiltiy to use the magma to expand the land. Groudon hates water, and often fights with creatures of the water, especially Kyogre. It has a sort of power over all land Pokemon. He seems to use them in his wars on Kyogre. It is an immortal pokemon, and is feared by humans. It's powers are quite monumental, as it is said to have caused cataclymc events according to lore. It is a unique species, as their has always has, is, and will forever be one of it's kind.

Kyogre: Marinus rex

Kyogre is the lord of the sea. It is a whale-like monster with blue or purple scales. It resides in Hoenn, deep underwater. It uses a telepathic ability to move and/or create water. It hates the land, and often fights against the land pokemon, especially Groudon. It uses it's powers to expand the seas and to flood areas with drought. It has a sort of power over all sea Pokemon. He seems to use them in his wars on Groudon. It is an immortal pokemon, and is feared by humans. It's powers are quite monumental, as it is said to have caused cataclymic events according to lore. It is a unique species, as their has always has, is, and will forever be one of it's kind.

Scyther (Mantodea Sutaraiko) also known as the Ninja Pokemon
    Height 4 ft 11 in (1.5 m)
    Weight 123.5 lb (56.0 kg)

Scyther is a bipedal anthropod that inhabits secluded grassland. The longer the grasses grown, the higher the chances of encountering a Scyther. Bamboo is an alternative to Scythers.This is because of their color scheme which is great for camouflage.

Scyther has two arm which contain no digit at all. Its arm has evolved for the sole purpose of hunting and preying. In captive, it has been recorded that a slash of its arm contains more than 100psi(pound per square inch). Most of deforestation done is by Scyther.

Its primary food source are mammals such as Ratata, Tropius, Meowth, Mankey, Abra and more. It will eat just about any Pokemon smaller its size other than Rock and Ground types. Less known about Scyther is that its an omnivore. If extremely desperate it will eat berries and fruits. Its widespread of food sources makes it extremely easy to survive.

One of Scyther trademark abilities is its speed. It is so fast that it can create illusions that there is more than one. The recorded speed for an average Scyther was an astouding Mach 1.5, faster than the speed of sound. Although, it can move fast, Scyther tires after more than 10 minutes of running or flying at top speed. This is not much of a weakness because battles ends fast of their speed.

Speaking of flying, it rarely uses its wings to fly. Only in desperate moments it will only use it wings. Some trainers have trained Scythers to use wings making able to use its fine wings to razor sharp blades. Adding this to its arm-blades making it extremely dangerous to fight especialy one that has been taugth to fly. Trainers has chreographed an extremely deadly attack which involves the Scyther to fly up to great altitudes and then dive-bommbing to the ground with their wings stretch out and their arm blades ready to slash. Fatality is high for both parties as some Scythers with less experience might panic when using the wing as a drag while the victim is most likely mutilated after the attack.

The reproduction Scyther is decided by season. A male Scyther will mate once in its entire life while the female will keep mating till it finaly dies. During breeding season, the male will attract a nearby female with beating its wings and creating a buzzing sound. The bigger the wings and the noise the more attractive he is to a female Scyther. Its common to see Scythers fighting over a female Scyther, this duels has cause deforestation of forest.
    Last edited by Trax; 14th October 2006 at 5:22 AM.
    Pearl Name and FC:GOD and 5026 0894 6157

^Current Team^

Umm....You, I have only written one article so I think you mean article not articles, and I thought my Gengar article was rather long would you like the Blissey article to be longer? I think you may have me confused with someone else.

Jigglypuff (Reus purin)
    Height: 1’08” Weight: 12.0 lbs

Jigglypuff is a pink-coloured Pokemon, globular in shape and has stubby arms and legs. It has a small tuft of fur on its head. It is also puffy and cuddly, and is therefore liked by many girls for its cute appearance.

Despite the cute-looking façade, Jigglypuff can manage to put up quite a fight. Its most popular attack is to sing its opponent to sleep, then unleash a powerful Doubleslap on its opponent. Jigglypuff’s mysterious ability to put people to sleep goes as thus: Jigglypuff can adjust its vocal chords to sing at different wavelengths, and so when it is singing, it adjusts the sound waves to match the brain waves of a sleeping person, and so lulling anything to sleep.

The special ability of Jigglypuff comes with a drawback- when it sings, it never pauses to breathe. So, when Jigglypuff is up against a foe that does not fall asleep easily, jigglypuff cannot breathe, endangering its life.

Jigglypuff evolves into what is known as a Wigglytuff when it is exposed to the radiation of a Moon Stone, known in scientific terms as chondrites, part of the group of meteorites. They contain many particles called condrules, composed mainly of the silicate materials olivine and pyroxene. Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Clefairy have dormant genes in them that react to these materials, causing them to activate and mutate into their further forms.

Wigglytuff looks a lot like Jigglypuff, except for the fact that it is larger, has longer ears and a white belly. Wigglytuff’s body is soft and very elastic. Its body is like rubber, allowing Wigglytuff to suck in enormous amounts of air to inflate itself to huge sizes. It does this usually when it is angered or threatened, in order to frighten the offender and to prepare itself for battle. Once it is inflated, Wigglytuff can easily find itself bouncing like a balloon, limiting its prowess in battle.

Wigglytuff has a layer of fine fur on its body that in can only be seen close up. The fur has become one of the most popular aspects of Wigglytuff. The fur has been described as exquisitely pleasant and luxuriously soft. People who have felt its fur finds it hard to stop as it feels so heavenly. Even they themselves find it great: If two Wigglytuff snuggle together, they are inseparable.

During the mating season, male Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff try to impress their ideal mates by, of all methods, bouncing around, their bodies adapted to the task. The female Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff choose their partners according to their bouncing abilities. Because of the overwhelming majority being female, some are left without partners, and have to try again the next season.

When two Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff are breeded, they produce a premature form known as Igglybuff. Like its evolutions, Igglybuff’s body is very soft and elastic. This makes it very bouncy. Given its short appendages, Igglybuff prefers bouncing to walking as a method of travel.

Though it can also sing, like Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, Igglybuff’s vocal chords are not fully developed. If it sings too much, it will turn deep pink, eventually damaging its throat. In order to soothe itself, Igglybuff tends to gargle with fresh water from a stream. Besides singing to protect itself, Igglybuff has an added method of defense against predators. It gives of a soothing aroma from its body that can calm its foes and stop it from attacking. With these, Igglybuff try to survive until they can protect themselves with more offensive means.
    Last edited by sceptilianmaster; 10th October 2006 at 10:15 AM.
    GoLurker

these are great aticles ive just added them i like the dormant genes thing in jigglypuff
    the website is www.encyclopediapokemonia.co.nr if you don't wish to have your article on there just ask and i will take it off
    Last edited by flame fox; 9th October 2006 at 6:57 AM.

finished the Aron/Lairon/Aggron format. I'll decide on what pokemon to reserve later ^^;

Edit: decided that i would like to reserve Ryhorn/Rhydon, Spinarak/Ariados, and (I would like to call this the big guns, because I might believe it will be really hard XD) Deoxys
    -------------------------------------

Aggron (Chalybscultis Bosugodora)

Height: 6’11
    Weight: 793.66 lbs

Lairon (Ferrumlacerda Kodora)

Height: 2’11
    Weight: 265 lbs

Aron (Metallumtutur Kokodora)

Height: 1’4
    Weight: 132’3 lbs

Aggron is a steal dinosaur pokemon clad in rocky armour plating and steel plating that covers it’s visible spine and it’s head like a knight’s helmet. It’s ice blue eyes and it’s tremendous size can frightened even the most experienced trainers, and the beak like tip and horns on it’s head is extremely dangerous when it comes into contact with other beings, it pierces the attacked pokemon like knife through butter. Lairon has spikes growing from it’s back, with large woles that’ll look like spears will pop out. Aron is a small steel turtle pokemon that despite it’s size, it has enough force to demolish a dump truck. They’re life span is about 600-770 years, mostly because they’re steel coating protects them, and they have a healthy diet most of the time.

The Aron evolution usually live in mountain areas, mostly because it’s where it can have peace and quiet, and the fact that one of it’s diets usually resides on mountains. Arons travel in large colonies a mile below the mountain. The reason for that because Aron are usually a pokemons meal, so by traveling in groups of many, it will scare the hunter pokemon.
    Now here’s an interesting info, above ground. Aron colonies look for places to search for iron ore, like steel bridges, rails, train tracks, anything that’s steel, and eats them. This is a huge problem for the people, and always consider Aron to be “steel termites.” But manufacturers consider this to be a great blessing, mostly because when Arons evolve, it sheds it iron casing off. Manufacturers use the shed casing to make iron products, because the casing of an Aron is very tough.

Now how they are born… Well, that’s a little complicated. Because the Aggron gender population is 75% male, and 25% female. So it’s hard for the males to find mates. When they do, it usually starts off with two males fighting for the female, again because of the small female population. It’s usually a battle of strength, the males attack each other until one of them can’t take the beatings anymore. The defeated male will leave them alone, in search for another female Aggron. The dominant male will then help make the female have a child in her. Usually, during the pregnant months (from 10-14 months) the female Aggron will eat a large quantities of food, like 30 pounds per week. Half of it to feed the baby Aggron in her, and the other half to give her strength. Once the female is ready to give birth, it usually goes to a hidden place to not let anybody see the eff being laid. It will then lay a shiny steel egg that will later become an Aron. But for now, the mother will cover half of the egg with dirt, to keep it warm, so that the Aron won't get sick once it hatches. Another reason for covering half of the egg in dirt is because it's to safely hide the egg from hunters who steal pokemon eggs, and other pokemon who eat eggs.

It’s diet is somewhat surprising. Even though an Aggron is known for it’s brute strength and a reputation as king of the beasts in mountain areas. It’s main diet is mostly vegetables and berries. Although on rare occasions it eats meat, to gather strangth for battles, and for the young to get strength for tasks ahead. It might be a reason why it is considered to be protector of the mountains, because it protects the nature of the forests around the mountain, and the mountain itself, and also for protecting the pokemon inhabitants from poachers and enemy pokemon.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 9th October 2006 at 9:58 PM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Umm....You, I have only written one article so I think you mean article not articles, and I thought my Gengar article was rather long would you like the Blissey article to be longer? I think you may have me confused with someone else.
    Sorry my bad, got confused. Your previous article was absoloutly fine. I have no problems with you doing the Blissey line. Carry on! Sorry for the confusion.

Awesome idea, You. I'll be checking back here later on, and will add on once I (a) have time and (b) have read the other Kanto articles.

- d . s
    OK looking forward to your contribution.

darkbradlor your articles are still much much too short. Combined they are about 1/3 of the length of a standard article. And how can a species have been and always will be one of a kind. How were they first created then? What happens when they die? If that is your theory you have to explain how it came to be like that. Did all the other Groudon and Kyogre die out and if so why?

Trax your article was quite good, i liked it. I liked that fact that you said Scyther tires quickly when it moves at high speeds, this makes a lot of sense. However i think Scizors article should be included as Scizor evolves from or is an alternate form of Scyther. So perhaps you could edit your Scizor article into the Scyther one?

sceptilianmaster I really liked your article, especially because now i have a good theory for moon stone evolution i can include in my Nido article. Ive been a bit slow and stuck on that part. However i have a few minor "problems" with your aticle, although they are a matter of opinon and thus not proper problems. Personally i would have started talking about Wigglytuff instead of Jugglypuff because Wigglytuff is the final form. Although due to rarity of moon stones i guess it makes sense to talk about Jigglypuff alot. The other thing is that you didnt mention much about mating rituals etc. but thats just minor. Good job.

Another good article Dark Amethyst. Although i few questions and problems. Aron and Lairon are just younger Aggron so therfore they dont need a latin name. Also pokemon dont give birth to live young so a female Aggron would lay eggs under the ground and they would be there for 10-14 months. Apart from that good job!!

Busy busy, but almost done.

EDIT: Just realised a congratulation and thanks is due for everyone who has perticipated and helped with the Encyclopaedia. We have reached the quarterly mark. Thanks everyone all articles are great and im looking forward to more. Keep it up!
    Last edited by you; 9th October 2006 at 2:28 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

could i do voltorb/electrode?

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post

Another good article Dark Amethyst. Although i few questions and problems. Aron and Lairon are just younger Aggron so therfore they dont need a latin name. Also pokemon dont give birth to live young so a female Aggron would lay eggs under the ground and they would be there for 10-14 months. Apart from that good job!!

Well, the birth thing may not be right, so I'll edit it. As for Aron and Lairon don't need latin names... Well, it is our view of the pokemon, so I won't take out their latin names
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver

I present golduck. Golduck is fashioned from one of three separate real-world counterparts. The Japanese legend, kappa...ducks...and duck-billed platypi. The dex says in-game that golduck are sometimes mistaken for kappa, so that was out. I then checked similarities between golduck and ducks and golduck and platypi. Pokemon based on birds are winged. Period. Pidgeot, fearow, farfetch'd, noctowl, swellow, pelliper, etc. Golduck has arms...not wings. He has a long, narrow tail, which ducks do not. Anyway, I'll save the description for the article. Just clarifying that I am writing this from the stance that golduck are mammals, and more specifically, monotremes (platypi and echidna family).

Golduck's scientific name, Actuarium (Latin for fast, as in on the water) rostratus (to have a beak, or beaked).

...wow, this one is really long. Hope you all like it!

Golduck (Actuarium rostratus)
    Avg. height: 5'7" (1.7 m)
    Avg. weight: 169 lb (76.6 kg)

In many rivers and lakes around the world lives the fastest swimmer known to man, the golduck. This mammalian pokemon is found in the wild in every region except Orre. Golduck is covered in short, coarse hair rather than fur; when wet, the hair appears seamless, which makes for top speed when swimming. The hair is a cornflower blue, perhaps for camouflage while in the water. The hair also traps air which helps to keep warm in the water during the colder months. Golduck's body is extremely hydrodynamic. Its beak is rounded and tapered at the end. Four bony processes radiate from the back of the head. These hair covered "horns" are flattened against the back and shoulders when swimming, allowing the water to flow without breaking. If this were not done, eddies created by the water passing the horns would create drag. At the end of each arm are four-fingered webbed hands. When not propelling the golduck forward, its arms are held tightly to its sides, for the same reason described above. The golduck's long, thin tail is used for steering when necessary. For maximum velocity through the water, golduck's hind legs press against the tail, again reducing drag. Its feet are also webbed, and kick periodically for small boosts of speed. All these factors allow the golduck to reach speeds of up to 70 mph in the water.

In the center of the golduck's forehead is a small, red crystal. This crystal is actually an extension of the brain, aiding in golduck's psychic abilities. Psychokinesis (ability to move objects with the mind) and precognition (environment-to-mind ability not totally understood; thought to make user aware of objects before actually seeing/hearing them) are the golduck's primary abilities. The golduck's crystal glows brilliantly when these abilities are used, and they often are. Psychokinesis is used when the golduck wishes to swim faster, propelling not an object, but itself through the water faster than its webbed arms and legs can take it. Precognition allows the golduck to be aware of obstacles in the water mere seconds before they are met. The golduck can swerve very quickly by rolling whichever way they need to go.

Golduck usually live anywhere from 25 to 35 years. They don't mate for life, instead finding new mates each year. Male golduck court potential mates by using their psychokinetic powers, lifting heavy objects such as boulders and logs, then hurling them into the water. The biggest splash wins the female. They are very proud animals, and can often be seen standing perfectly still, perhaps on a floating log or fallen tree stump. Their apparent narcissism is thought to be a side effect of their psychic powers.

Golduck lay 5-10 eggs in dug out burrows found along steep embankments. These burrows can be anywhere from 10 to 30 feet deep and go as much as 15 feet below the water's surface. The entrance to the burrow is generally 2 to 6 feet above the water, however golduck will shore up a lower entrance to keep their nest from flooding. Incubation is exactly 90 days (see below). The female stays with the eggs throughout this period, never leaving the nest, not even to feed. The male disappears after copulation, sometimes to find another mate. He in no way assists with incubation or raising the young.

After 70 days of incubation, the young golducks' brains are significantly developed. From inside the egg, the young form a mental bond with one another. Scientists have performed an electroencephalogram (test which detects brain waves) on groups of unhatched eggs and found a peculiar pattern. Their brains would show activity at exactly the same moment every 15 seconds. These brain waves were identical in every way.

After exactly 20 days (or more accurately, 20 spins on the earth's axis), all of the eggs will begin to hatch. The young golduck (referred to as "psyduck" due to these brain wave patterns) hatch simultaneously so the mother golduck can begin to care for all immediately. She teaches her young how to swim, what to eat, when to hide, etc. very quickly. The psyduck don't spend more than 3 or 4 weeks with their mother, when they will finally leave her side. All this time, the psychic countdown in the psyducks' brains has continued. When it comes time for the family to seperate, this connection is broken.

When this connection is broken, the psyduck's brainwaves altar greatly. Instead of small pulses every 15 seconds, the psyduck's neurons fire randomly and in varying magnitude. The connection which has kept the youngs' brainwaves consistent for 3 to 4 weeks cannot be reestablished. This erratic brain activity causes the psyduck excruciating pain. So much so, the young pokemon will wander about with a blank expression, its small webbed paws pressed to its temples or forehead. Psyduck do not sleep because of these brainwave patterns, and rarely have a chance to eat. Sometimes they will subside long enough to allow for a quick forage in the murky water for insects and juvenile crawdaunts. At the other end of the spectrum, these headaches can get so extremely painful the psyduck will black out, collapse to the ground, and use astonishingly powerful psychic abilities until it can be revived.

Historically, these blackouts are well documented in areas populated by humans. One extreme instance in 1963, a psyduck wandered onto a bridge crossing a major river. The psyduck blacked out on the side of the road for a full 28 minutes. Every car that passed was thrown into the river or smashed to pieces. One tractor-trailer was thrown 200 yards into the air, landing upside down in a nearby field. The local authorities reached the location after 7 minutes, but were unable to get close enough to rouse the unconscious pokemon. Anyone who walked within 30 feet of the animal immediately blacked out. When they were brought to, they had permanent and complete amnesia. Some had even forgotten how to talk, walk, or feed themselves. Attempts to euthanize the animal via dart gun were also unsuccessful. The darts would veer wildly, never hitting their mark. Unfortunately, when the psyduck finally came to, it was immediately captured and euthanized to avoid further occurences. Sixteen men and women lost their lives, not including those that lost their minds.

These unfortunate animals endure these headaches throughout their adolescence. Psyducks reach maturity at about 6 years of age. At this time, their brain activity eases slightly, allowing them to begin eating more frequently for the next step in their development. When the psyduck has gained an adequate amount of weight, they begin to dig a burrow away from the water, often times among the roots of old trees. They enter this burrow feeling at ease due to their lessened headaches. At this time, they go to sleep for the first time in their lives. This mock hibernation lasts about two months. The psyduck mature further during this time, gaining their parents' blue coloring, and growing considerably in size. When they awake, refreshed and headache free, there is a flurry of activity. For the first time, they have control of their psychic abilities. They can feed and swim hands free. For the first few weeks after hibernation, the psyducks will nap frequently. They seem to be catching up after their restless adolescence. At this time, they are considered to be adult golducks.

Golduck have few predators in the wild. Adult crawdaunt and feraligator will eat them if they are able to catch them. The golduck's main food is shellfish. They often eat young crawdaunt, but will eat kingler and cloyster young in coastal waters. They break open these pokemons' hard shells by smashing them against sharp rocks.

These majestic pokemon have the roughest childhood of any other. However, they mature to be one of the most successful animals on the planet.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

I put in a bit about mating rituals. Check it out. Hope its satisfactory.
    GoLurker

Hello.

Here's the entry for Aipom, hope you enjoy!

Aipom
    (Adeocauda simioluspalma)
    Avg. length: 2'7" (.08m) Avg. weight: 25 lbs (11.5kg)
    Habitat: Tropical Forests and Jungles near the Equator
    Diet: Omnivore
    No. of Young: 2-3
    Lifespan: 9 years (wild), 12 years (captivity)
    Habit: Diurnal

Aipom are small ape-like mammals that usually swing from tree branch to tree branch using their long, powerful tail. Although they prefer to use their tail as their main locomotive organ, Aipom have been known to run on either their legs or get on all fours. Aipom’s tail is usually as long as 2 feet and 5 inches, though there has been record of Aipom with tails longer than that. Aipom’s lifespan is approximately 9-10 years in the wild. If raised by a trainer, or in captivity, they have been known to live to up to 12 years. A normal height of a male Aipom is 2 feet and 7 inches, with the females usually growing to a height of 2 feet and 4 inches. A healthy Aipom usually weighs about 25 pounds.

Aipom are omnivores, and will eat both vegetation and meat. Although they eat both fruits and vegetables, and meat, they much more prefer to feed on fruits and berries. If ever they are unavailable, they will resort to eating small insects and sometimes even eggs of other Pokemon such as Pidgey, and Spearow. Because of this, Aipom usually reside in areas nearer to the equator, due to the fact that their main diet, fruit, grows closer to that region. Although that is true for most Aipom, there are small colonies of Aipom that live in the northern regions, where they resort more on feeding on eggs and insects more than fruit.

Aipom usually live in large groups, or colonies, of other Aipom. Though they usually stick to their own kind, Aipom have been known to coincide with another type of monkey-like mammals, Primape. Unlike the Primape, who are usually very ill-tempered and aggressive, Aipom are very calm, sometimes playful, creatures. However, the Aipom that live in the northern regions are wilder, and if ever provoked, will fight the opponent in a blind frenzy. However, they are still calm and playful. If ever attacked by an enemy, Aipom will run and hide in the branches, hoping to outrun or tire their attackers. However, if that fails, they will attack the enemy above with rocks, sticks and sometimes they will even go down and battle the opponent themselves.

Aipom are diurnal, meaning they usually are awake during both the day and night. On a day to day basis, Aipom usually hop from branch to branch through the jungles. During that time, they search for and gather food. After gathering what amount of food is needed for the colony, they will eat the gathered berries. However, the Aipom that live in the northern regions will hunt for the eggs and insects, and eat them as soon as they find them, making things a first come, first serve type of colony.

For Aipom, the mating season is during the fall to the winter. At this time, male Aipom usually show off their powerful tails, doing things like lifting heavy branches or stones, or hopping around on their tails, in hopes that they will catch a female Aipom’s attention. After an Aipom mates, they mate for life. Due to this, most Aipom have to be at least 3 years old to join the mating ceremony. A female Aipom’s usual gestation period lasts usually about four to five weeks, during which their partner do no leave the female’s side, for fear that she will fall. Aipom usually lay up to 2 or 3 eggs. During the first year of the baby Aipom’s life, their mother carries them on her back, while the father does all the searching. While still young, Aipom only eat fruits and berries, as their stomach have not yet developed enough to eat the eggs or insects without causing problems in the digestive system. When they reach the age of one, Aipom then start to use their tails to travel. At two, Aipom begin to eat insects and eggs, although some Aipom never eat an egg or insect their whole lives because of the abundance of fruit in their colony’s area.

Coming Soon....

great articles just added them

Well, the birth thing may not be right, so I'll edit it. As for Aron and Lairon don't need latin names... Well, it is our view of the pokemon, so I won't take out their latin names
    Fair enough!!

Dunsparce4prez really really good article. I really liked how you included a historic event in your article. It added a nice touch. Looking forward to more...

Good job Evan Turner, your article was really good. Looking forward to any more you decide to write.

Sorry im really behind on my article. Have some exams coming up and really have to get enough points this time, damn point system, so studying is taking up lots of my time. Good job.

Thanks you, I appreciate it. That sounds weird.."thanks you."

I'd like to keep weezing reserved, but I wanna go ahead and put my name on beldum-metang-metagross if I could. I may do them first.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

I've done a few of these, but right now i'm not up to sharing. maybe some other time. I like the idea of latin names tough.

how can i get the latin names?

Quote Originally Posted by justice_pie View Post
    how can i get the latin names?

Well, you can get the latin names from this http://catholic.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookdown.pl
    Blue

Silver

my article: sorry it's long.

Voltorb (thunderglobus)
    Electrode

The Voltorb/Electrode species is well known world-wide due to it’s mysterious ability to explode with little or no provocation.
    The pokemon’s skin looks like metal, but is infant not a metal at all.
    In fact, it is quite spongy; it’s spongy so that the electrode can absorb the electricity in the atmosphere,as electricity is what this pokemon needs to live off. its ability to explode seems to be a pre-historic left over, as the voltorb species was at the bottom of the food chain millions of years ago,the pokemon developed the strange ability to explode at will using the electricity it stores in its body,as a form of defense.Unfortunately,this ability can kill the electrode if it has too much electricity stored inside its body.

They young of this species are called voltorbs, for the first few weeks of the pokemons life,it has no control over its ability to explode. And so it must immediately find somewhere safe and out of any harm to hibernate in.

After these few weeks are over,the voltorb wakes up, it now has some control over its explosion ability but not very much. It goes to find sources of electricity to feed its self on,the young need as much as possible as their bodys are growing rapidly.
    The young voltorb have been known to stay in the exact same spot for days, absorbing electricity ,and they are found in their thousands around electrical power plants.

At this stage, the voltorb have little control over their consumption of electricity aswell, if they take in too much, they will explode, and if they take in too little,they will die.
    So their best bet is to find a spot with good amounts of electricity,stay there,and hope for the best they don’t explode.
    The voltorbs normally stay in their spots absorbing electricity for around 2-3 months.
    After this,they move on,and try to find groups of other voltorb to stick with for protection . at this stage,the voltorb is at extreme risk of exploding,the slightest shock could make it explode.

When they finally find a group of other voltorbs, their control over exploding sky-rockets, as they know they are safe with their own kind. When they form groups,it is normally for their entire childhood. They ward away any predators by zapping them repeatedly until they flee.

When the voltorbs reach maturity at around 5-10 years, they leave their groups to go and find another place with large amounts of electricity in them,they must gorge themselves on as much electricity as possible, before their bodys start to change.
    They then go and find a place which is safe from harm,interestingly,almost all voltorbs go back to the place they wnet when they were first born. While here,they go into another hibernation, one that lasts around 4-6 months. While hibernating the voltorbs body rapidly changes,this process is painful for the voltorb, in the same way that teething is painful for a baby, the pain can tend to wake the voltorb out of its hibernation.

When it wakes up,the voltorb is an adult,known as an electrode. its body colour turns upside down,instead of being red at the top, and white at the bottom,it is now white at the top, and red at the bottom. The electrode also has almost complete control over its explosions.
    No reason is known for this colour changing,apart from it could be to separate the yound from the adults. They also have a very strange new organ, a mouth, there is no reason known for this either,but researchers believe that it could be used for mating purposes.
    The bigger the electrodes mouth is, the louder it can roar, and the louder it can roar,the more mating requests it would get. when the voltorbs wake up they normally find their way back to the groups they were in as a child.
    these pokemon live for around 40 years.
    as an adult,they also like hunting other electrical types,such as magnemites,as they have lots of electricity stored in them,which can then be absorbed out.

Almost nothing is know about electrode breeding,apart from that when two electrodes breed, they send small electrical jolts to each other, this is believed to activate some dormant genes in the electrode,making it reproduce, when an electrode does have a baby, it grows on its outside,not its inside,so it looks the electrode has a lump growing on it.

Seeing as their numbers are dropping continually ,due to explosions,these pokemon tend to breed their enitre life.these pokemon are constantly on the endangered pokemon species list,even though they are not under threat by man. sadly,at the rate they are exploding,sciencetsit believe that the electrode by become extinct within a few centurys.

These pokemon are responsible for many disasters,the most common of which is black outs, seeing as they gather in thousands around electrical power plants, they take in all the plants electricity that it produces.meaning there is none for the nearby towns. Causing black outs.
    One famous incident was in kanto,when one electrode,near a power plant exploded, it caused a chain reaction amongst the thousands of others around the plant,causing severe damage costing billions in repairs,and nearly blacked out the entire country!

These pokemon are used by very few trainers,and even if these trainers are experts,they can still be severely hurt by the pokemon unsuspectantly exploding.
    They cause the most pokemon related deaths world wide,every year.

They were nearly extinct in the middle ages, as they were well used in wars,they were fired from catapults at the enemy,knowing they would explode on impact.
    Last edited by justice_pie; 11th October 2006 at 4:15 PM.

since alot of good articles have come up, I'll do one as well.

Kangaskhan (Macropus Garura)
    Height: 7'03'' Weight: 176 lbs
    Lifespan: 60-75 years

These pokémon is famously known as the "Parent" pokémon, as it is almost always seen with a little Kangaskhan in it's pouch. There are many intriuging mysteries surrounding this extremely tight parental bond. Before these are explained, one must look at the lifestyle and physiology of this interesting pokémon.

Kangaskhan used to inhabit grass and scrubland of the Kanto region. However, ever since human colonized most of the area, Much of the home range of the Kangaskhan has drastically shrunken down to a tiny pocket just north of Fuschia City. Thankfully this last refuge for this rare pokémon is protected as a pokémon reserve. There have been a few reports of Kangaskhan being spotted in places outside the Safari Zone, but these claims are mostly thought of as false.

The Kangaskhan may have sharp fangs growing in it's jaws, but it only uses these fangs to defend itself. It is a herbavoire, being more partal to leaves and berries then grasses. Infact, most of it's time is spent finding, eating and digesting leaves, since vegetation generally takes a long time to break down for the Kangaskhan to absorb the nutrients. Another thing kangaskhan must watch out for is that some of the leaves in it's diet contain silica and other chemicals, which could cause problems for the pokémon's digestive system. Part of what the baby Kangaskhan learns as it spends it's time with mother is which leaves are good to eat when and which are not.

The general dispostion of the Kangaskhan is widely varied. During normal hours when there's no danger, kangaskhan are peaceful, some are even described as gentle as the frolic and play with their young. However, when anything even remotely out of the ordinary happens, The baby immediately heads for it's mother's pouch and kangaskhan are ready to defend against whatever happens. It is extremely foolhardy to approach a baby kangaskhan on it's own as it is certain that it's mother is nearby. Nearly all attacks by this particular pokémon have often ended in serious injury or death. At full power, this pokémon is capable of tearing it's opponent to shreds. It will only stop rampaging when it feels that it's baby is safe and will become docile once more.

The Biology of this pokémon is very unique, in that the entire Kangaskhan population is female. No male individual has ever been reported. Analysis of it's tissue show an unusually high amount of estrogin, a hormone that promotes female development. However in some individuals, an unusually high amount of testoserone, a male hormone, has been detected. These individuals have also been seen as behaving in a traditional male fashion, establishing territories and other behavior that is usually considered male behavoir.

The baby kangaskhan is another mystery that pokémon scientist have been trying to solve for years. With no males, how were these pokémon conciving and bearing young ones? and why does every grown individual of the population have a child anyway? When a Kangaskhan becomes fertile, an event which happens every three years, The ovum starts to develop without the need of a sperm cell. This process is known as Parthenogensis, or virgin birth. The baby develops for about 15 days, extremely short for a pokémon of this particular size. Weither both parent and offspring share the exact same genetic code is completely unknown since it's almost impossible to get DNA from the infant without the mother becoming adgitated.

When it is born, it resembles a tiny pink worm-like creature that basically looks like a half-developed fetus. This fetus is blind and deaf, but it makes an incredible journey from the mother's vaginal region to it's pouch. It is helped along by the mother who licks the way up to the pouch, making it easy for the baby to climb. Once in the pouch, the baby latches onto a teat and begins to suckle. It doesn't let go until around 4 weeks, which by then the infant now looks like a recognizeable kangaskhan baby. Once it reaches that age, it finally leaves the pouch and enters the world outside the pouch. Unusually enough, the Kangaskhan childhood, though very safe, is unusually short, 3 years to be precise. After three years, the mother concieves once more and the first infant is immediately abandoned by mother, being able to fend for itself now. It also begins to concieve and bare it's own offspring.

The bond between mother and child is extremely strong. There have been reports of Kangaskhan that are unable to bare children, these barren mothers are often shunned from Kangaskhan herds, and are willing to adopt subsitutes, such as orphaned pokémon or even inanimate objects. Reports of Kangaskhan adopting human children are mostly seen as stories that have no basis in reality.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast