Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

I have finished Manafi. Tell me what you think!

Manafi (neptunius rex)
    Average Height: 1’00”
    Average Weight: 3.1 lbs.

Manafi is a rare legendary Pokemon that is native to the region of Fiore. It is known as the Prince of the Seas. The first Manafi was found washed up, as an egg, on a beach in Fiore and was immediately sent to a research lab in Shinou for research. When it arrived however, the egg hatched into a blue Pokemon which resembled Mew in a few ways, but the people who were in the room then got permanently blinded by it’s Tail Glow attack. It is not known what became of that particular specimen.

A more recent sighting of Manafi happened two years ago in Kanto, when a Pokemon Ranger saved the egg from the Phantom Troup. The egg was given to a young coordinator from Hoenn. This egg hatched and the Manafi and girl bonded instantly and it saved her from the Phantom Troup. After this, that Manafi disappeared as well.

A couple of months ago, an underwater camera revealed many things about Manafi.
    Firstly, it’s feeding habits. Manafi prefer to eat kelp and seaweed but may sometimes blind a school of Remoraid with Tail Glow and pick off the weak ones.
    Secondly, it’s breeding habits. Manafi breeding season is in June, when the underwater currents pull the warm water to their area. A female and a male will go into a dance which involves lots of Tail Glow attacks. A female will lay between 2-5 eggs a year and after 5 months they hatch into either Manafi or their underdeveloped cousin, Fione. Fione look like Manafi except they have no orange markings on their face and they have only one antenna. Fione is a completely different Pokemon to Manafi however, as Fione will never evolve into a Manafi.

I will start Lunatone tommorrow. I am out of ideas today.
    Last edited by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~; 16th November 2006 at 7:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by Abyraria View Post
    May I write Darkrai's data.?
    (I plain to do it more like the info on a ancinet god or spirit than an animal as people do not know much about Darkrai in the game as he is only in Legends)
    Bad idea. This is supposed to be a realistic look at pokemon behavior, and portraying legendaries as Gods isn't something you're supposed to do, according to You himself (and established in the other Legendary articles as well, which keep the myths seperated from what could be possible in reality). Just because we don't have much information on darkrai yet doesn't mean "Write it as some sort of mythically inflated beast, rather than a real creature."

Now I totally want to reserve Aruseus...
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

The way I mean was even a legedary creature that we know a lot about like Groudon should be given a latin name and much scientific given about it beacuse it is a legendry being and most of the records of it are from the legends of Hoen.
    We know mostly what we are going to know in the D and P games about Darkrai.
    (it exists at a parralel to Kuresia and has the power to cuase and gain strenght from Nightmares)

Please review this sprite. (4rth post)
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171736

I'm not sure if my reservation date is going to expire... So.... Yeah it will be finished by Saturday...
    ~Love--Dance~

If they haven't been reserved, I would like to do Magby/Magmar/Buuburn, please.
    ***New Signature To Come***

May I reserve the Korinku line?

All reservations accepted.

The way I mean was even a legedary creature that we know a lot about like Groudon should be given a latin name and much scientific given about it beacuse it is a legendry being and most of the records of it are from the legends of Hoen.
    We know mostly what we are going to know in the D and P games about Darkrai.
    (it exists at a parralel to Kuresia and has the power to cuase and gain strenght from Nightmares)
    Yes but if you write about it from the persepective of legends and stories it isnt a factual article its based on speculation. Granted half of the articles speculate on behaviour and such, but this speculation is drawn from their real life counter parts or similar animals or just common sense. So if you write the article your talking about it just wouldnt fit. You have to write from the perspective that its a real life thing that lives, breathes, eats, reproduces, etc. So it wont fit....sorry.

I'm not sure if my reservation date is going to expire... So.... Yeah it will be finished by Saturday...
    Dont need to hurry to finish it...just renew your reservation, which i will do for you.

In regards to the D/P pokemon, i wont be putting up a list of them until the english names are released, but feel free to reserve and write an article for them anyway and i will add it to the contents. If you reserve it ill put it there.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    All reservations accepted.

Yes but if you write about it from the persepective of legends and stories it isnt a factual article its based on speculation. Granted half of the articles speculate on behaviour and such, but this speculation is drawn from their real life counter parts or similar animals or just common sense. So if you write the article your talking about it just wouldnt fit. You have to write from the perspective that its a real life thing that lives, breathes, eats, reproduces, etc. So it wont fit....sorry.

Dont need to hurry to finish it...just renew your reservation, which i will do for you.

In regards to the D/P pokemon, i wont be putting up a list of them until the english names are released, but feel free to reserve and write an article for them anyway and i will add it to the contents. If you reserve it ill put it there.
    Ok but bare in mind writing about some pokemon like Manaphy in that style realy do'snt work beacuse all most nothing is ment to be known about it.
    it would like trying to write a factul artical on a Yeti

Please review this sprite. (4rth post)
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171736

Manafi is done can you update the first post.

Failure.
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~Claims~

Manafi is done can you update the first post.
    Sorry it completely slipped my mind, dont know where it was at...but yeah...your article is ok i guess, a little on the short side so a bit longer next time, and keep the anime references out of the article, or to a minimum if you insist on some being there. But an ok article overall, the next one should be just fine.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Sorry about it being so short. It looked longer on paper.
    Anyway I have finished Lunatone's article. I have removed all anime references.

Lunatone (Meteor Luna)
    Average Height: 3’03”
    Average Weight: 370.4lbs

Lunatone is a Pokemon believed to be from outer space. Some people believe that came down on the Moon Stone with the Clefairy line. Like Clefairy, Lunatone have a large connection to the moon. Whenever there is a full moon they gather in open spaces and absorb the moonlight, much in the same way as a Solarbeam, to heal themselves.

Lunatone usually live in small groups of four to five Lunatone, usually spread out around a forest or cave. A Lunatone’s position in the group is determined by the strength of its defences and psychic prowess. If threatened, a Lunatone will hypnotise the attacker and either float off or fight. Most Lunatone are peaceful creatures and wouldn’t usually attack anything without reason and will try to stop arguments with its hypnotic powers.

A Lunatone will never breed. A single Lunatone can live up to 150 years on its own. It is thought that with every shooting start in the sky, a Lunatone arrives from space. No Lunatone has ever been seen eating; they live by absorbing the moons rays. During the day a Lunatone will rest in dark areas and store up their energy. While resting, they surround themselves with rocks to protect themselves, and will blow away anyone foolish enough to break through with a strong blast of psychic energy.

Failure.
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~Claims~

An article with a lot of potential, however it is too short. It should be about twice as long. Is there any way you could make it longer? Perhaps a paragraph describing it, or any possible theories surrounding it. Anything do make it at least a couple paragraphs longer. Its very good otherwise.

On a side note completely off topic, but anyway. I am going away for a week tomorrow, so dont be unphazed if im not here to say "All reservations accepted", if you say you reserved it, you reserved it. And also i obviously wont be able to update the main page until i get back, so dont get angry if your article isnt on the front page for a while. If sure other people can also say if the articles are acceptable or not.

Also a further side note even more off topic. If you have time please please check out my fanfic Respire. Expire. and voice your opinion on whether you liked or disliked it, or whether it can be improved in any way. Thanks.

OK, here's mine. It's lengthy, but, I don't know how well it flows...

Magby (Monstrum exussum liber), Magmar (Monstrum exussum) and Buuburn (Monstrum exussum rex)
    Magby Height: 2ft 4in Weight: 47.2 lbs??heights and weights are averages)
    Magmar Height: 4ft 3in Weight: 98.1 lbs
    Buuburn Height: 5ft 3in Weight: 149 lbs

A small, bipedal, mammalian species, Magby are only found around active calderas. Magby are on the small side, ranging between 2 to 3 feet tall. Their heads are overlarge for their size, and adorned with six lumps called mantles. Their eyes are positioned just below the foremost mantles, and allow for somewhat good vision. Magby’s mouth is composed of a bill-like structure that is spout shaped. They feed primarily on berries and softer foods, as they do no have teeth, but, a rigid palette with which to crush their food. Magby have small arms ending in three digits, and short legs with feet that end in two digits. Patterned on Magby’s stomach is a yellowish swirl that resembles a single flame. In the wavering heat of the calderas they live in, this swirl keeps them hidden from predators. Magby’s main predators are the large saurian creatures (Charizard (Lizardon Saurus) or the Ramuparudo (classification , as yet, unknown) that live in the areas surrounding their territory. Magby live in small colonies called floes. Magby's internal temperature reaches, in excess, of 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit. They regulate their temperature by influencing the ambient air temperature around themselves. They do this with the aid of an internal fire sac, which allows them to breathe scorching flames. For much of their young lives, though, Magby have a difficult time controlling the output of flame, and constantly dribble cinders when breathing and excited. Their lumpish heads are formed by a tough, but pliable cartilage. If their flaming exhaust fails to deter a predator, Magby will use their hardened heads to ram the foe until it is weakened or flees. A Magby's health is easily determined by the smoke seen exiting it's mouth or nostrils. If it is purely white smoke, the Magby is in the pinnacle of health. If the smoke is black, and the flames are guttering, the Magby is sick or tired.
    As they grow, Magby's tail lengthen, their heads lose some of the cartilage and a row of thick spines appear on their backs. The swirl pattern on their abdomen takes on a more fiery appearance, allowing them further camouflage, When they reach this stage in their lives, the Magby are known as Magmar. This stage comes after two years prior to being hatched. This process is known, among Pokémon, as evolution. Magmar tend to stand between 4 and 4.5 feet tall. The tips of Magmar tails have a small fireball alight on the end. These fireballs, like a Magby’s smoke exhaust, are a tell-tale sign of Magmar’s general health. A strong, bright flame denotes good health in a Magmar, whereas a weakly burning, discolored flame denoted illness. Magmar’s entire body can become alight with the fire of it’s own tail, giving it a shimmering appearance. This epidermis of flame can burn any predator that tries to strike a Magmar directly. Magmar’s arms grow quite long when compared with Magby’s.. They also gain a thick coating of hardened magma, lending them incredible strength. Though the bill/mouth on a Magmar grows exponentially through it’s years as a Magby, it is still incapable of eating hard fodder. It seeks out berries, Pokémon eggs, or soft-bodied Pokémon. Black bands appear on Magmar’s body as it grows. These are hardened deposits of iron that surface from within it’s body. These protect Magmar’s vulnerable neck and ankles. Magmar, in the wild, have been seen dipping themselves into molten rock to mend any wounds they obtain from predators or self-defensive prey. A floe (the group of Magby/Magmar) is usually lead by several Magmar who care for the young, and provide food. The floe is usually lead by an elder male. Females of the Magmar species are seldom seen, and thought rare. They have a gestation period of only four months, due to the extreme heat of their bodies. The eggs containing Magby are guarded fiercely, and hatch in a matter of days,. Again, this is due to the parent’s body temperature. The period of sexual activity among Magmar is as soon as it has evolved from it’s Magby stage. Magmar have a life expectancy of around 60 human years. Though it has been recently discovered that Magmar, upon reaching a certain age, and with the addition of a rare substance, Magmar can evolve to a new stage.
    This substance, which occurs naturally in volcano calderas, and most mountain ranges, is called Magma Booster. It is found, in large enough deposits, in the Sinnoh region. Though, trace deposits (not enough for a Magmar to evolve with) have been found in: Mount Ember (Kanto), Mount Moon (Kanto), Cinnabar Island (Kanto), Mount Silver (Johto), Mount Mortar (Johto), Mount Pyre (Hoenn), Mount Chimney (Hoenn), Hard Mountain (Sinnoh) and Tengan Mountain (Sinnoh). When exposed to Magma Booster, Magmar’s internal temperature raises. Upon rising to a certain temperature, Magmar evolves. This new Pokémon is known only by Buuburn. This name is of Japanese origin, as it was a Japanese trainer that discovered this evolution. American and British researchers are currently studying the Pokémon of the Sinnoh region, including Buuburn. There is little about known about Buuburn’s habits. The only real information about this Pokémon is a physical description. Buuburn stands 5 and 5.5 feet tall. The pattern, from Magmar’s body becomes more exaggerated, allowing for better camouflage. It’s arms go progressively longer, and larger, and it is believed that they each contain a newly grown fire sac. It gains another row of spines along it’s back, and it’s tail recedes into it’s body, leaving just a flame. Also, it’s bill/mouth recedes into it’s face, and it grows teeth. The metal bands that grow from within it’s body widen, and it gains another set of them, about midway through it’s arm. It is believed, but is currently unknown, that these bands protect the newly grown fire sacs. From this stage, it is unknown how long a Buuburn lives, but, it is expected to be a bit longer than Magmar’s lifespan. Buuburn are hardly seen in the wild, and it is widely believe that upon evolution, the Buuburn will separate itself from the floe, and move deep into volcanic caves. However, much of this information is speculation. Until further information is released, this is all the information available on Buuburn and it’s associations with the Pokémon it evolved from.

Once again, it looked much longer on Word than in the reply box. Sorry. How many pages should it be to be long enough?

Failure.
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~Claims~

Once again, it looked much longer on Word than in the reply box. Sorry. How many pages should it be to be long enough?
    Well on word my articles are generally about a page and a half or more. So about a pages worth is the usual minimum.

A really good article jwla. I really liked how you worked your way around Buuburn not having an english name yet, it worked very well.

Ok. Should I redo Lunatone? Or try another one?

Failure.
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~Claims~

Ok. Should I redo Lunatone? Or try another one?
    Totally up to you, seeing as Lunatone doesnt evolve about a page would be enough. But if you do a pokemon that evolves a couple times you might have more to write about. So its up to you.

So here is Kingler. I kinda like this one, even if i do say so myself! And...hmmmm....*looks at list*...i think ill reserve the Exploud line.

Kingler (Uca regnator)
    Height: 4’00’’-4’03’’ Weight: 128-132.3 lbs

Kingler is a large crustacean Pokemon, usually living to around 50 years of age. The males and females of the species are roughly the same size. Kingler are predominantly coloured a tan colour, with the top of the head and chelae an orange colour, one of which is several times larger than the other. Although the size makes the chelae much stronger and a dangerous weapon its size makes it heavy and difficult to use at times. They have an extremely tough exoskeleton which provides them with ample protection from most prey. However the exoskeleton is also very heavy and so restricts movement and speed. Kingler also have a row of hard spikes atop of their head which looks like a sort of crown and can be used for defence occasionally.

Kingler spend most of their time in the water but they can survive equally as well on land. Although when on land their movements become much slower as the weight of the armour and claw becomes much greater. While in and out of the water Kingler communicate by moving their large chelae in the direction of other Kingler. Kingler tend to live on their own but amongst other Kingler. They have their own burrows in which the sleep, but a large number of other Kingler may live close by in the vicinity. The Kingler are generally tolerant of each other but occasionally fights may break out over food or burrows. Kingler are omnivores and will eat anything they come across, this is why Kingler are very common in city rivers or lakes as they can filter feed on the bacteria in the water from the city. However their usual diet consists of small fish such as Remoraid, Magikarp, Feebas and Goldeen as well as some seaweed and any other small Pokemon that enter the water. Kingler are generally preyed on by Octillery, Dewgong, Gyarados and Feraligatr as they have the means necessary to penetrate a Kingler’s exoskeleton.

A Kingler’s mating season is in early fall. Kingler compete for the right to mate by waving their chelae around in an effort to win over the females. Generally the male with the largest chelae and biggest obnoxious waving wins over the female. A Kingler may mate many times in a season or no times at all depending on its display. Towards the end of the fall a female Kingler lays her eggs in her burrow and will sit unmoving at the entrance to protect the eggs. The eggs hatch at the beginning of spring. This means that if no prey comes close to a female Kingler’s burrow she may go without food for the whole winter. After about three or four months, in the beginning of spring, the eggs hatch. A young Kingler is often referred to as Krabby. Krabby look almost identical to Kingler except that their chelae are still the same size and they have no ‘crown’ of spikes atop their heads yet, as well as being smaller of size. Once the eggs hatch the female leaves the Krabby to fend for themselves. The Krabby are able to eat and fend for themselves from birth. Not having the size and power yet to prey on small fish they filter feed for the next few years of their lives. After about 5 years a Krabby has grown its ‘crown’ and one of its chelae has grown much larger, thus it has become fully grown and is referred to as a Kingler.

Kingler are extremely hardy and can live almost anywhere. Due to this Kingler populations have become over populated in areas causing a problem for other wild life. To combat this problem scientist have cloned and reintroduced the Pokemon Omastar and Armaldo into overpopulated areas. Omastar and Armaldo are able to overcome a Kingler’s exoskeleton and prey on the Kingler. The hope is that the Omastar and the Armaldo will keep the Kingler population in check as Kingler do not have many predators and the Pokemon that do feed on them are generally not so tolerant of each other.

Kingler are found in almost all bodies of water and generally do not attack humans unless their burrows are in danger. However an attack from one of the chelae is enough to shatter bones and indeed sever limbs and so one must be wary of Kingler when in deeper water.
    Last edited by you; 18th November 2006 at 11:37 AM.

great article added it

may i reserve gligar/glion?
    Mawile, now eating Dragons for breakfast!

Great article you! I was waiting for Kingler for a while. Still wondering which Pokemon would be easiest to write about but until then I will read through all the completed ones.

Failure.
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~Claims~

I think I should do an update on Misdreavus and Roselia to include their new members.

Please add this to the Misdreavus Article please:

Developments have revealed that when Misdreavus are exposed to a dark stone, a dark purple coloured stone that gives of and unusual radiation, Misdreavus evolves into a new form. Currently this form does not have a common name, but it is being refered by it's scientific name, Fumuscaesaries Muumajii

This form is much more elongated then Misdreavus. It is also alot more powerful in it's abilities, It has also developed an ability to manipulate energy, it uses this energy to defend itself against preceived threats or to give pleasure to those it has affections for. More research needs to be conducted to understand this phenominom more.

And please add this to the Roselia article.

Recently, scientists have managed to awaken sapling Roselia prematurely with the use of a chemical that is found in Roselia's awakening scent. This chemical has been syntheized in labs and is now packaged in a container known as the Flower Incense. The sapling Roselia is currently known by it's scientific name Rosa Rozeila Subomi, although a common name is being decided upon. These plant pokémon are quite small, and their roses are still undeveloped, so they may have a little trouble maintaining their balance. Being premature also makes them very suspectable to disease and are damaged quite easily, so great care is taken to take care of these fragile pokémon.

Another discovery involving Roselia is it's reaction to the Light stone. A mineral that contains an unusual radiation, much like light. The Roselia becomes a bit bigger, now averaging at around 3 feet. It also develops more flowers on it's arms, which still keep the original colouring as when it was a roselia, it also develops and a white rose on it's head. Great care is needed when handling this pokémon, as hidden within it's roses are the sharp thorns that contain toxins, which have also doubled in their potentcey. It has also gained the ability to hold and manipulate stuff with it's arms, although it's feet are still more coordinated with this task. It mainly uses it's arms to jab opponents and predators with poison.

This evolved form's scientific name is currently Roza Roselia Rozureido, and as with the Subomi form, it's common name is still being decided upon.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Qwilfish article completed

Qwilfish (Qwilius cancerus)
    Avg. Height: 1'08"
    Avg. Weight: 8.6 lbs

Qwilfish are very tough Pokemon and can live in many places. They favor oceans, but some have been found in fresh water lakes and rivers. Qwilfish are rather small in size, but when messed with, pack a powerful punch. They are dominantly baige on their undersides and blue on the back, but some have been seen as pink on the underside, and a darker purple on the back. Their tails are shaped very similarly to clown shoes, however they are stubbier. They have short spines, called whitokreb, all over their bodies that excrete a horrifically toxic poison when prompted.

Qwilfish mate during the mid-spring to early summer. The females lay 100-200 eggs and the males fertilize them. Qwilfish eggs are a delicacy in many countries, and because of this, Qwilfish is becoming an endangered species. However, many of these eggs do survive, and after 90-120 days, they hatch. Baby Qwilfish tend to stick together, but after hatching, their mother leaves them. They usually stick together, forming schools, and hunt efficiently together. After three years together, the baby Qwilfish mature enough to the point that they break away from their schools, and become lone hunters. Despite this usual isolation, Qwilfish will always return to their spot of birth to mate.

Qwilfish are considered carnivores. As babies, they will hunt together preying on baby Octillery, the occasional young Gyrados, young Seaking, and when they are feeling VERY ambitious, the occasional baby Sharpedo. One Qwilfish will swim in the prey's line of sight, to distract it long enough for the others to sink their tails into the prey's hide, and inject their toxin. It takes, on average, about three-four minutes for prey to die after being injected with toxin. When they mature, Qwilfish have a toxin so powerful, some have been said to kill Sharpedo, and Kingdra. These are rare occurances, and Qwilfish tend to only eat what they eat as a baby.

Qwilfish's main predators are Sharpedo, Octillery, and sometimes Gyrados. Also, when still in their eggs, young Octillery prey on them, but usually do not make it far, because mom and dad are very close-by. When fishing, if you happen to snag a Qwilfish, throw it back, unless you are a trained professional, because Qwilfish toxin has enough power to kill a human in five minutes. Be wary of Qwilfish when swimming, and don't give them the benefit of the doubt, because they WILL attack, when they feel threatened. (Which is usually all the time XD)
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks, you! I want to do Smoochum and Jynx next, if they haven't been had (I would eventually like to do Seedot, Nuzleaf and Shiftry, if you can put a hold on it!)

I will be done with the Korinku line tomorrow or the next day, sorry, I'm busy

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast