Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunsparce4prez View Post
    I totally agree with the time limit for writing articles. I think two weeks is better though...some of us work and have kids (I do anyway). As such, I'm gonna give up on the metagross article. I've got about half done...I went to finish tonight, wrote a good 4 long paragraphs, then lost it all when IE screwed up. I might reserve another one tomorrow...an easier one. I didn't particularly like what I had written, so all isn't lost. Thanks guys.

Always scribe long posts in Word. Lesson learned I hope?

I made this. Gnargh.

Reservations accepted.

I'm back for another article. I am gonna start on Magikarp/Gyarados. By the way some of the articles are reserved too long. I really wanna do Mewtwo's article but its reserved quite a long time. I suggest having a one-week time limit.
    I totally agree with the time limit for writing articles. I think two weeks is better though...some of us work and have kids (I do anyway). As such, I'm gonna give up on the metagross article. I've got about half done...I went to finish tonight, wrote a good 4 long paragraphs, then lost it all when IE screwed up. I might reserve another one tomorrow...an easier one. I didn't particularly like what I had written, so all isn't lost. Thanks guys.
    Valid points. However one week is much too shorter time as some people, myself included take longer to complete article, especially Pink Parka Girl! But at least they are really good when done. Because some people are simply busy or cant access the net. So i think ill say this: There will be a limit of about 2 weeks the article can be reserved. If its taking longer simply post to say so and i can extend the reservation another two weeks. Much like a library book. Some people who have good reputations for completing articles for the encyclopedia, that i know take longer to write, such as PPP, will be allowed to keep their articles reserved because i know they will get done, and in some cases they dont have access to the net as much. Does this sound reasonable? Ill add it to the rules and update the reservation list taking off inactive reservations, so you may want to check your reservation is still there, i might make a mistake.

Yep as ive already said great article Louie!

Krabby/Kingler underway by the way, in case you were wondering. Sticking to my rules!

EDIT: Updated the reservation list, as i said you may want to check if your is still there. Very sorry if i took your reservation away and you are in fact still working on it. Simply post to say.
    Last edited by you; 29th October 2006 at 5:00 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Just a note, you've still got it written that The Kecleon article is under construction. Did you want it improved or are you just forgetful?

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Always scribe long posts in Word. Lesson learned I hope?
    Yeah. I write on here, then C&P to Word and save if I don't finish. That way I can preview it from time to time. Won't be doing that anymore, though!

I would like to reserve Typhlosion. The guy who had that reserved hasn't posted on this thread since September, so I think it's safe. Thanks!
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

Just a note, you've still got it written that The Kecleon article is under construction. Did you want it improved or are you just forgetful?
    To be honest its just simply not long enough. It needs to be at least twice as long. If you compare it to the average length of all the other article its very short.

I would like to reserve Typhlosion. The guy who had that reserved hasn't posted on this thread since September, so I think it's safe. Thanks!
    Sure thing. I hope you do him justice, which judging by previous articles will happen, as hes one of my favourites!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Imperial Ludicolo (Nymphaeanura Runpappa Alcyon)
    Height: 4'11'' Weight: 121.0 lbs
    Lifespan: 75-80 years

With it's huge lilypad hat, bright colouring, flamboyant moves and carefree disposition, few pokémon are as memorable as the festive Ludicolo. This pokémon holds the reputation of being a party animal and a joy to raise. It is also surprizingly good in battles, especially when upbeat music is being played. The Ludicolo is a Grass pokémon, but it also has the characteristics of aquatic creatures as well, such as webbing between it's fingers and toes. This Pokémon's ancestors was once fully terrestrial, but it has taken up an aquatic existance due to it's need for life-giving water.

The Ludicolo starts of life as a diminutive lotad, a small blue creature that's very placid. It can be a good pet since it is relatively easy to raise. It spends life floating serenely on the surface of fresh water ponds and lakes. All lotad seem to share this love of water, even delighting in small puddles and mudholes if there's enough water in it. They are especially active in rainy weather and it's not uncommon to see droves of them frolicking in puddles after a heavy rainstorm.

The lotad's pad is very important for the pokémon as it serves two vital functions. Firstly, It acts as a photosythesizer, much like the leaves of most grass pokémon. Due to it's lifestyle, it is able to venture into the middle of sunlit lakes where it doesn't need to compete with other grass pokémon for sunlight. Secondly, it also acts as the lotads means of absorbing water. In the middle of the pad, there are a few orifices that intake fresh clean water. These orifices are present in Lombre and Ludicolo as well.

The Lotad's diet consists of various things, mostly grasses, water weeds, and insect larvae. Gardeners raise lotads to get rid of destructive insects, but they must be cautious because they are willing to eat the vegtables as much as the bugs. They are especially fond of slugs and cucumbers. They tend to dabble in mud to get food as well. While they are easy to raise and take care of, they are not particularly the cleanest pokémon. One lotad can easily turn a small pool of clean water into a fithly mudhole. They tend to produce alot of manure. Which can actually be excellent for the garden as well. Pokémon such as magikarp, goldeen and often follow lotad to eat any dung that is has excreted.

The lotad shares an interesting relationship with quagsire. During the quagsire's mating season, female quagsire lay their eggs under lotad's pad. When they hatch, they follow the lotad, cleaning scraps and eating parasites that have accumulated on the lotad. However, this symbiosis isn't completely pleasent as it seems, lotad don't usually think twice of eating some of the woopers it was supposed to protect.

When the lotad reaches a certain age, it evolves into a lombre. They develop a distingusable body and true arms and legs. They also become nocturnal and develop a rowdy and mischevious streak. Many legends surround the lombre, such as stories about it stealing objects or pulling on fishing lines. There are even stories that potray it as a peeping tom. It is also said that lombre taught humans how to repair bones and other skills related to healing. Just like lotad, the lombre is an omiviore. It mostly feeds on aquatic moss, but due to it's evolution, it also hunts for fish pokémon and even feeds on carrion. To prevent it from drying out, it's entire skin is coated with a slimy film that is unpleasent to touch. It is also useful for slipping out of the a predator's or opponent's grasp.

When exposed to a water stone, an interesting happens to lombre's body as it's radiation transforms lombre into ludicolo. Ludicolo stops being mischevious and adopts a more carefree lifestyle. This bulky pokémon also loves to dance whenever it feels like it. The cells of it's body are simulated by upbeat music. Making it move more and become more powerful in battle. Due to the rarity of water stones, Ludicolo are rare in the wild, but it is easy to lure any member of the ludicolo family with music with the right tempo and beat.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

could i write about togepi/togetic/togekiss?

thanx in advance
    *Mega Fairies*

Finally got the Hounds done. ^^; Now I'd like ta reserve the awesomeness of Skarmony. And eh... teh clone Mewtwo. ^^;

Houndoom (Enfer Torwächter)
    Height: 4’07” Weight: 77 lbs

Always known to be one of the most hot-tempered and feisty Pokemon, this two-horned hound has always been known to be the causes of several forests fires around the world due to its usually very short temper. At least 13% of the causes related to annoyed/angered Houndoom-induced incidents. Ever territorial, these fiery beasts always stay at its marked territory, endlessly patrolling the area to keep off unwanted intruders. Carnivorous, the Houndoom preys upon those who foolishly wander into their home.

With a lifespan of about 7 years in the wild and 13 for domesticated ones, these hounds mate at the mature age of 2 at the month of February, and after an incubation period of about 17 weeks, the pups –called Houndour- are born. Usually the newborns are small, and very fragile, but they quickly grow, stopping after a week when they reach a more sustainable level. From there, they feed on the scraps of meat their parents bring back from their hunting trips. At about the age of seven months, the parents then teach the pups how to hunt on their own. Around the age of 1 or so, the young usually separate from their parents from there and go on their own until they mature and join another pack.

During the mating season, the males will usually clash at each other with their strong horns in order to compete for the best mate. It is said that the thicker and stronger a Houndoom’s horns are, the higher standing it has among the pack. There are rare cases in which a female would step up, for she has her chosen mate in mind. Such a move is dangerous for the males could most likely kill the female. Although known to be feisty, Houndoom mates are loyal to each other, mating for life until either one dies. But still, there have been a few cases in which the other does not mate again even when the latter has passed on.

It has been known that the Houndoom and Mightyena have always been odds on end, eternal rivals through blood and time itself, the fieriness in this competition only surpassed by the Seviper and Zangoose duo. However, the two hounds do not seek to kill each other; rather they challenge each other to see which is the better of the two. A few scientists have observed that there is an annual challenge between them, as the hounds compete in great challenges of speed, power and many other similar traits between the two. It seems to be a friendly competition thus far, and the topic is still being researched on. Both the Houndoom and Mightyena have been seen to be living in harmony at times, helping each other in times of need. There, has been however, been a clash between the two species once. It resulted in a violent battle, swallowed by an earthquake as the two packs fell into the fissure.

Not many trainers like to have a hand in handling this feisty Pokemon, but with some patience and tolerance, the Houndoom could be a great asset to one’s team. Also, it is not very advisable to have both a Houndoom and a Mightyena in the same team, as it could result in a lot of complications. There have been a few cases in which a trainer has both hounds in his/her team, but few to none have successfully managed to control both pokemon simultaneously, for the duo usually prefer to bicker with each other rather than working together. But for now, great tolerance is needed when commanding this feisty creature.

Knightblazer
    Last edited by Knightblazer; 1st November 2006 at 1:49 AM.

If possible, I would like to obtain the job of writing the article for Missingno.. I know that technically, it's not an "official" Pokemon, but it is a Pokemon nonetheless, IMO, and I feel I could do an encyclopedia article on it justice.

Oh, and on the first post, Qwilfish's name is spelled wrong.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

All reservations accepted, although Knightblazer, i actually think Trax wanted to reserve Mewtwo first as that was the whole point he brought up the whole reserving forever thing. So im afraid he has priority.

As usual PDL a great article. The article, at least to me, made Lotad seem very real indeed.

Another good article Knightblazer, with a nice concept of a rivalry between Houndoom and Mightyena.

If possible, I would like to obtain the job of writing the article for Missingno.. I know that technically, it's not an "official" Pokemon, but it is a Pokemon nonetheless, IMO, and I feel I could do an encyclopedia article on it justice.
    Sure go ahead. Id love to see how this turns out. It will definatly be interesting and id like to see how you go about it.
    Last edited by you; 1st November 2006 at 10:28 AM.

hey i would like to do the polis and the new poison fighitng frog thanks i ll begin to work on them when i get my hmework done(biology and latin hey both should help with this)
    Last edited by syvarris; 1st November 2006 at 8:29 PM.

Ok I'll let someone else do Kecleon it was a bad choice for me. I never liked him much but I thought it would be cool to write about his camo. Let someone else have that. I'll just check the list and reserve someone else. I'll edit when I decide.

Edit: Could I take Groudon?

Edit: Screw Groudon, I'll just come back later when I'm not dosed up on Tegratol. Forget I reserved Groudon.
    Last edited by nashie1; 2nd November 2006 at 10:12 AM.

its going to take me some time to do these between school and work so i will need at least a week and the genus for both will be ranus

Yep all reservations accepted.

its going to take me some time to do these between school and work so i will need at least a week and the genus for both will be ranus
    Tis fine.

will you reserve Spinda? I might get around to doing it sometime.

Togepi (Angelus Togepi)
    Height: 1 feet
    weight: 3.3 lbs
    lifespan: 50-65 years or 80-90 years, depending on location

Togepi is a small and weak bird pokemon, though it has no traits that normal birds have, like feathers, beak and claws.
    Togepi is an egg-shaped pokemon with a spikey head, and have even much of its shell left since birth. Without this, togepis cant survive. The shell keep the heat for togepi so it cant froze to death and the shell protects togepi smaller hits and falls. Togepis inner skeleton is quite weak and cant take such hits.
    The spikes lures foes to think it is uneatable. However, when its afraid, it extract its spikes looking like a tasty egg.
    Togepis are vegetarians, only eating berrys and drinking water.

Togepi has small psychic powers: it can feel other creatures feelings and emotions, and make barriers to protect it from other pokemons, like sneasel and pidgeotto.
    Togepi also has the ability to bring happiness to its friends and its owner, in olden times togepis was used as anti-depressive therapy. However, if the owner is cruel and evil, the togepi will grow sad and cry very often.

At the age 5-6, most togepis evolve into Togetic by being very, very happy. The togetic lose their shell, grows a neck, wings and larger legs. The head is the same as togepi except the spikes are reduced into 3-4 pieces.
    Oddly enough, it´s down has same symbols as togepis eggshell.

At the spring time, it´s breeding time. Togetics pair up by air dances, doing loops and fly around. If the female think that the male is worthy enough, they pair.
    The togetics break up after the pairing.
    However, many togetics cant pair, more than 7 out of 8 of the togetic population is male and the females cant pair with more than one male during the breeding time.

At the begining of fall, the togepi eggs hatch. Usally there are 1-2 togepis. The togetic mother take care of the babies and give them food. After 3 years, when togepis can use their sheild, they leave their mother.

Lately, in 2002, it was officially confirmed that there is evolution of Togetic, called Togekiss, by evolving in pokemon zoo. Before that, it was only mentioned in legends and fairy tales. Apparently, togetic evolves when it makes contact with the Light Stone. The light stone isnt really a stone, it´s a weird mineral that stores light.
    The chance that a togetic makes contact with a light stone in the wild is lower than 2%.

Togekiss looks more like togepi, its has no longer a neck, is egg-shaped again and have shorter legs than togetic.
    The only thing that is inherited from togetic is the wings.
    The wings are more developed and larger than before.
    Its wings and bodyshape is also aerodynamic, this makes it fast and silent. This is one reason it hasnt been discovered before.

Togepi, Togetic and Togekiss are very rare and few, and have no reliable location. There also been reports about Togepi eggs in Kanto, Johto and Sevii island.
    There are also reports about wild Togepis in Sinnoh and about wild Togetics in Kanto and Johto.
    The togepi species are protected, its not allowed to catch or hunt wild baby togepis. The togepi race is also suffering of inbreeding. Pokémon Rangers are working against this by moving females from one place to an place with no or few females.

_________

what do you think? some parts that i should put in?
    i will edit this away later

new rank too
    Last edited by Kingudora; 3rd November 2006 at 10:10 AM.
    *Mega Fairies*

OK, here's the Missingno. entry. I hope you all like it.

Missingno. (erratum absentis numerus)
    Height; 10’00” Weight; 3507.2 lbs

A creature that is very much shrouded in mystery indeed, little is known about the enigmatic Missingno.. After numerous interviews have been made by Kanto news reporters, it has been confirmed that the odd creature had been the result of a catastrophic mistake in the old laboratory on Cinnabar Island in the Kanto Region. Scientists in the lab had been laboring for ages to create the world’s first manmade Pokemon, Porygon. This, they succeeded in doing, but not before the creation of Missingno.. None of the scientists involved were exactly sure how it happened, but from what they have said, they had been in the process of developing a physical design for the creature when some highly corrosive acid was inexplicably spilled upon the glass tube in which the creature was encased, melting it (Foul play by a Team Rocket spy has been speculated here, but never proven). The creature was able to escape then. After that, according to one scientist, the creature may or may not have been enraged, and either way, shot a stream of water upon the computer systems, shorting them out, which eventually led to the colossal inferno that ruined the old lab.

Scientists admit to have taught Missingno. the Water Gun attack, as well as the Sky Attack technique, wanting to test its physical prowess as opposed to its special attack. They had intended for their Pokemon to be part computer programming, so they had programmed it to be able to backup the files of its trainer’s, lest they be lost to a computer glitch. The scientists have concluded that upon escaping, given its alleged imperfection, its backup abilities corrupted and twisted into its item cloning capabilities. Indeed, any Pokemon trainer fortunate enough to encounter the Missingno. have reported a random item on their person being copied about a hundred times or so. Nobody has ever given an exact number of copies.

The Pokemon was dubbed Missingno. by the scientists, not having an official identification number in the Pokedex. Missingno. has been studied by the group of scientists that survived the fire. Apparently, it seems to enjoy the shallow shorelines of Cinnabar Island. Whether or not this has anything to do with the fact that it was created on Cinnabar has never been confirmed nor denied. An astounding account by one scientist shows that Missingno. is capable of breeding with any Pokemon, male or female, yet any offspring produced from such a relationship has almost always been another Missingno.. Missingno. have been observed to be shaped as an odd backwards “L”, which was confirmed by a scientist to be it’s temporary “beta” body. As such, they had not perfected its coloration, giving it a pixilated appearance with a faintly distinct set of eyes, plus a mouth.

The scientists responsible for its creation are not the only people who have provided information on Missingno.; Numerous Pokemon trainers have added up our knowledge. One account claims that Missingno. can be captured, but it’s almost impossible to do so. The person claims to have captured a Missingno. in a Master Ball (created by Silph Co.), and has trained it to learn attacks such as Psychic, Mega Punch, and Submission. Much debate has arisen over the subject of Missingno. knowing Mega Punch; A theory of the creature spontaneously sprouting appendages upon command was voted as the most likely theory, as the body was, after all, a beta version, and therefore could very well react oddly.

Odd reports have come in from scientists claiming that when Missingno. mates with certain Pokemon, the results are a bit different. One account claims that when Missingno. mates with a Haunter, the offspring is a very ghost-esque Missingno.. Another scientist, this one from the newer lab on Cinnabar, claims that Missingno. that mate with Kabutops and Aerodactyl will produce offspring that look like skeletal versions of those respective Pokemon. Strangest of all is the report of Missingno. mating with Kangaskahn. The result is apparently a Pokemon smaller than Missingno, yet resembling Missingno. in every aspect. The Pokemon has been noted to evolve into Kangaskahn at astoundingly early stages in its life. The Pokemon had been called the Miniature Missingno. Its codename; ‘M.

The Missingno. varieties that resemble ghosts or skeletons do not seem to know Water Gun or Sky Attack like the pixilated versions; Indeed, they have been observed to use different attacks based on any Pokemon around them. For instance, if a Golbat is nearby, such Missingno. have been reported to use attacks such as Screech and Leech Life, whereas the presence of a Magnemite would cause it to use moves like Thundershock. Why this happens is a complete mystery.

Missingno. have been known to inexplicably draw incredibly powerful Pokemon near Cinnabar Island (And thus, their home), presumably as bodyguards. These Pokemon have been observed to be at levels well above the average level for such a species. Examples of these have been Pokemon such as Magnemite, Golbat, Snorlax, and some trainers have even reported seeing a Mewtwo hovering over Cinnabar’s coast!

Missingno., is reputed for being very strong and very territorial. They take a great dislike to anyone who opposes them, unless they are captured, no matter how much they have hated their capturer beforehand. A scientist has been able to explain this; Apparently, they had implanted programming in Missingno. in the early stages in life so that should it become bound by a Pokeball of any sort, it would immediately turn tame and manageable. Unfortunately, not many instances of tame Missingno. have been reported, as it is very difficult to capture one. Incidentally, any trainer who has seen a Missingno. after defeating the Elite 4 at the Pokemon League have reported their Hall of Fame files becoming extremely buggy, most likely due to some malicious tampering on Missingno.’s part.

Due to its power and rarity, many trainers seek out Missingno. as part of their Pokemon team. However, no matter how well-prepared a trainer is to capture a Missingno., they almost always end up empty handed, unless they’ve had the good sense to bring a Master Ball, and hope that out of all the items they have, Missingno. clones that one. However, seeing as not everyone has access to a Master Ball, great patience (and numerous Ultra Balls) are key for capturing and taming this elusive creature.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

awesome missingno didnt even think it would be in this looks like ill have to make a new page
    hmmm there is actually a picture of missingno that looks good
    added and togepi aswell
    Last edited by flame fox; 4th November 2006 at 10:24 AM.

Reservations accepted.

Dry Martini a nice article, with nice inclusion of Togekiss.

An extremely interesting article Missingno. Master. You made Missingno. appear very much like a regular Pokemon. Good job.

can i reserve snorlax/munchlax?
    *Mega Fairies*

excellent missingo article! I would like to reserve the Sableye article. Here is the Victreebel article:
    Victreebel: (Cephalotaceae devoro) 5 ft 7 in 34.0 lbs.

Victreebel are large carnivorous plants that live in dense rain forests and can live up to be one-hundred thirty years of age. Victreebels hang form branches by using the vine on their head this vine is long and extendable, it can be detached if a predator tries to eat a Victreebel but it will grow back in a few days. Victreebels try to lure prey to there mouths by releasing an attracting scent. Victreebels are very impulsive and if it is in need of food at the time it will jump forward at anything that gets to close and try to swallow it whole. The sides of the inside of Victreebels are slippery and grooved in such a way so as to ensure that the pokemon cannot climb out. Once inside its large stomach Victreebels will to close the large leaf on their head and release tremendous amounts of poison, corrosive acids, and digestive juices onto the prey via large pores surrounding their insides. Victreebels do not need to eat constantly and eat in-between large intervals of time, about a month. Victreebels rarely need to move, but if the tree branch they are inhabiting breaks off they have the ability to fly for short amounts of period.
    Most of the time Victreebels are motionless, they do this to conserve energy. During most of the day Victreebels get small amounts of energy by using photosynthesis. Victreebels mostly feed on bug pokemon but occasionally they will eat small bird pokemon such as Swablu or Pidgey. Victreebels have few predators and are hard to find in the dense jungle. Victreebels can be preyed upon by Pidgeots, Swellows, and Mukuhawks from the canopies. Whilst in the lower parts of trees they can be preyed on by Sceptiles and other pokemon. If a Victreebels’ vine is detached for an escape it has no means of hanging to branches. During this time Victreebels reside on the floors of the forest. It can spit out its digestive juices, corrosive acids, and poisonous powders. Victreebels move around by hopping and fluttering.
    During its mating seasons it will screech into the air to try and find mates, although this can also attract unwanted predators. The tips of Victreebels’ vines operate as the testes and ovaries respectively. When with a mate it, a male will insert its vine tip into the females’ and pulsate the sperm into her. The gestation period is very small and only lasts for about three days. When it is time for a female Victreebel to lay her eggs she sends out a gigantic amount of toxic powders into the air, it releases in large clumps and then scatters around. The main purpose of this is to attract female Butterfrees but has a very useful side-effect, which is keeping predators away. The large amounts of poison powder mimic a male Butterfrees’ attraction display. Once the female is close enough The Victreebel lashes its vine out and wraps it around the Butterfree. The Butterfree is reeled in and sent into a deep sleep by a Sleeping Powder. Once in this sleep the Victreebel will break the exoskeleton of the Butterfree and inject its eggs into the Butterfree. The Butterfree will be kept with the Victreebel until it awakens. Once it awakens it will be let free. The wound closes eventually but death is imminent either way. About two weeks after the injection the infected Butterfree will crash into the ground and die. The young feed off the host for the two weeks and when they grow big enough they infect the nervous system which causes all vital systems to stop. Two or three young usually survive this two week period as the others do not get good feeding spots in the body. Once the young are old enough they emerge from the poisonous corpse.
    The young are called Bellsprout and they are much more active. Bellsprouts have a pitcher like head which is on top of a body composed of roots and two leaves. Upon exiting the corpse they search for large areas of plants, they search for areas with large amounts of vegetation; they do this to ensure that the area has a large amount of fertile soil and nutrients. Once they find this area, they insert their roots into the ground and extract the area of all nutrients and moisture. Bellsprouts are considered pests by many farmers as they have no useful purpose and they ruin their crops. Bellsprouts need large amounts of nutrients for their walking ability. They are rather fast, due to the fact that they chase and catch their prey unlike their adult forms which wait for the prey to come to them. Bellsprouts’ bodies are thins and slender which allows them to dodge many attacks that they may face. When confronted with a predator it will spit out a highly corrosive acid that can even melt iron! Bellsprout feed on small bug pokemon like Caterpie, Weedle, and Wurmple.
    When a Bellsprout grows only its bud and leaves grow which makes its slower. Once the bud is too large for the body, which happens about two years into its life, it starts to sprout a small vine on its head and leaves on the sides of its head. Its eyes grow larger; and it produces three large amounts of Chlorophyll on its head which resemble spots. Its leaves grow much larger, and its root like body withers away to nothingness. During this stage it is referred to as a Weepinbell.
    Weepingbells are much more capable of flight than their adult form and their main method of transportation is hovering for short amounts of time. Weepinbells have very poor eyesight and because of this it almost immediately jumps onto anything to try and eat it. Weepinbells can sharpen the leaves on its body to try and cut its prey down to a smaller size that it can eat. Weepinbells use the small hook like vine on its rear to hang onto trees when it rests. Weepinbells eat small bird pokemon which it chases in the air, it tries to catch them by spewing acid onto them and catching them in mid-flight.
    Once a Weepinbell become large enough it grows two small fangs on its mouth and a leaf over its mouth. The vine on its rear falls off and a new one grows from behind its mouth. An interesting thing happens; its view of the world is turned upside down as the brain changes during its evolution into a Victreebel. Because of this its movements change. Its bud becomes elongated and larger during the evolution and the leaves on their sides become larger as well.
    Victreebels are not very aggressive but if pestered they will become extremely angered and will attack the thing that has bothered them. There are legends of Victreebel colonies that will kill anyone who enters them. While there have been documents of Victreebel colonies it is unlikely that they will randomly attack intruders. Victreebels can be a challenge to train but once trained they can be a vital part of a pokemon team.
    ~Love--Dance~

if possible, I'd like to unreserve spinda. I'm not going to have time to do it

great victreebell article very nice just added it

EDIT: Updated the reservation list, as i said you may want to check if your is still there. Very sorry if i took your reservation away and you are in fact still working on it. Simply post to say.
    Crud, that's what I get for letting myself drown in howework... >> Or can I still save my Mewtwo or Rayquaza reservations? (although I suppose it would only be fair if I forfeited the Mewtwo one...><) I'd definatley try to have at least one finished tonight.

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

All reservations accepted.

if possible, I'd like to unreserve spinda. I'm not going to have time to do it
    ok thanks for letting me know.

Great article Megadio26. I liked the way you included Butterfree in with the reproduction process.

Crud, that's what I get for letting myself drown in howework... >> Or can I still save my Mewtwo or Rayquaza reservations? (although I suppose it would only be fair if I forfeited the Mewtwo one...><) I'd definatley try to have at least one finished tonight.
    Well if your mewtwo article was already half completed i guess its ok for you to post it. You can definatly reserve Rayquaza.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast