Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Default Gengar/Haunter/Gastly

Gengar: 4’ 11” Weight: 89 lbs (Phasmatis umbra)

Gengar are ghost like pokemon that can live up to be 500 years old. Gengar are mostly purple but some Gengar have been known to be a darkish blue. Gengar are thought to be the disembodied spirits of pokemon, this of course is not true, most people assume this because of the abilities it has, which are commonly associated with ghosts.
    Gengar have the ability to become completely invisible by bending the light that surrounds this, this consumes a lot of their energy and they don’t do this much. Gengar have amazing control of there molecular structure and can change their state of matter easily, when Gengar don’t want to be seen, instead of becoming invisible they usually turn their body into gas particles and only the brain is left, seen as a small black gas sphere, controlling the other parts of its body. Gengar often rids the area around it of heat because this pokemon takes in heat to use as energy, some Gengar can control this ability so well that they can reduce the temperature at their hand and use it to attack another pokemon. Gengar can also move rapidly to the point where it seems as if there is more of it than there really is. Gengar can also extract one’s mind out of their body as if they were a ghost.
    Gengar have a permanent smile on their face and red glaring eyes, Gengar has stubbly limbs and a short body but can run at high speeds when attacking other pokemon. Gengar have several spikes on their body, two large ones on the side of the head, several smaller ones on its back, and one short large one on its rear. It is a bipedal creature but it usually levitates instead of walking.
    Gengar really isn’t a carnivore or an herbivore, but it is a predator. Heat often doesn’t supply enough energy for the Gengar to survive so it must find other methods. Gengar hunt down pokemon and usually paralyze them with its long tongue, then hypnotizes it into falling asleep, once the prey is asleep it can feed on the energy emitting from its brain. Gengar is a nocturnal Pokemon so it rarely needs to fight for a meal.
    Gengar are often solitary pokemon and don’t usually reside with other Gengar. Gengar have been known to live with some of its younger forms though, usually the leader of these groups. Gengar reside in dark places and come out when it is night time. Gengar are slowly entering human habitats and are having fun playing tricks on humans. A Gengar that lives in an urban city usually resides in an abandoned home. The pokemon that live in urban areas usually aren’t “filling” as pokemon that Gengar finds in the wild, urban Gengar have been known to wrap its tongue around smaller pokemon, such as pidgey, and spit them out as lifeless bodies, extracting all the energy it can get.
    Gengar can reproduce both asexually and sexually this is odd but very useful allowing this Pokemon to adapt to its surroundings when needed and when no mates are found can still reproduce. Gengar asexually reproduce by releasing excess amounts of energy from its body and forming a new pokemon, this is a live birth instead of producing and egg, it is and exact clone of the Gengar when it was in its Gastly form. To find a suitable mate Gengar males compete in dazzling shadow battles where they create spheres of energy that can actually empty their surrounding area of light, this technique is known as ‘Shadow Ball’. Gengar reproduce sexually like any other pokemon. When it is time female Gengar lay 50 eggs that are covered in harmful toxins and takes about 8 months to hatch, when the young is ready to emerge it does so by passing through the egg, leaving an empty egg, after laying a litter of eggs female Gengar usually fall into a catatonic state and become easy prey for other pokemon that are immune to its poison, such as Noctowl. Noctowl are Gengar’s main predator, Noctowl can force Gengar to regroup its molecule and become solid again, Noctowl can also force Gengar to reveal it’s self to the visible spectrum.
    The younger forms of Gengar are called Gastly and look nothing like their adult form. They look like a ball of fire, centuries ago these creatures were called hitodamas and used to play tricks on early humans, they have large eyes and sharp teeth used Gastly are much smaller and are inexperienced at controlling their molecular structure, they too can become invisible but this takes much more energy out of them than it would when they are adults. Gastly are basically weightless and only weigh 0.2 lbs. Gastly, like their adult forms, can rid themselves of their body and become only a floating brain.
    Only 2 out of every 50 Gastly born actually survive to become adult Gengar. Most Gastly perish due to the fact their body is light and made of gas, their body can be completely blown away revealing its brain, if the brain is ever blown into bits it will be unable to regroup its body and it will just become gas particles. Gastly must quickly find areas to hide from strong winds as they can easily end their lives. When Gastly collect enough energy then they can change shape to try and look more like there adult form, once they do this they are called Haunter.
    Haunters look like a head with spikes protruding from its sides; it has a small tail and floating hands in front of its head. Haunters are much more solid and have great control of their molecular structure but still not as great as their adult forms. Gastly do not gain any weight when they change their form and Haunter are still only 0.2 lbs.
    Haunters also hunt like their adult form but often kill their prey, this pokemon uses its tongue to paralyze its prey and drains their body of all energy, stopping the heart and killing it, it does this all while the pokemon is still awake. Haunters’ hands help it manipulate objects as humans’ hands.
    When Haunter store enough energy they manipulate their form again to become their adult form. Gastly, Haunters, and Gengar often play tricks on humans and pokemon. Gastly have been known to constantly disappear and reappear around pokemon not for extracting energy but for simply scaring it for its amusement. Haunters have been documented to tap a pokemons’ back with its disembodied hands and when the pokemon turns around to see what tapped it, and when it turns back Haunter appears. Gengar play the most tricks on humans and pokemon, Gengar take the shape of a shadow and trick the person or pokemon into thinking that their shadow has come to life, Gengar can also manipulate or erase a person/pokemon’s dreams this technique is called ‘Dream Eater’.
    While the aggression of Gengar varies with each pokemon most of them aren’t hostile, they aren’t friendly either, though. When a pokemon or person intrudes into their territory Gengar will either be delighted or angered. When the Gengar is delighted to see guests it is because it will begin to play tricks on the intruder and harass it. When the Gengar is angered it will begin to attack the intruder, hurling shadows at it and hypnotizing/Dream eating it. If one is ever to encounter a Gengar the best thing to do is shine a bright flash of light onto it and it will flee from the light, after doing so it would be best to flee.

Thank you for allowing me to create this article, please give me any constructive criticism on this article. Also can someone give me a scientific name for Gengar?
    Last edited by Miss Rarity; 28th September 2006 at 2:45 PM.

how about phasma phasmatis meaning ghost or umbra meaning shadow and gangar's japanese name is gengar.
    would i be able to post your article on my website?

Ahh. This place has been going on fine, I see. I think I'll reserve the buff/puff/tuff line, if You don't mind...
    GoLurker

One thing that does come up though is that once all the info on DP is fully revealed, would we have to update our entries to reflect this?
    Technically you wouldnt have to. But it would be much more interesting as it could alter entire articles. However soon enough i will re open all entries so we can have multiple perspectives on pokemon and the D/P pokemon can be included in there.

Also can someone give me a scientific name for Gengar?
    Phasmatis umbra is a good name like flame fox suggested.

Yep ive been busy looking at all the new pokes and news etc so articles have taken a small back seat for me...but hopefully will have finished mine soon enough!

And good going Megadio26 i really liked your Gengar entry. I really liked how you said Gengar can also reproduce asexually...thats something I wouldnt have thought of but works quite well. Well done. Let me know if there is anymore you wish to reserve.

And of course requests accepted.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

O.o I didn't realize Absol was given ta me... ah well... thnaks fer letting me, Paria; I hope the article didn't disappoint ya all. This will most likely be the last one I'll be doin' fer a while; my exams start next monday until 12th October, and well... I need ta study. >.<

Absol (Sonnenlicht Assenza)
    Height: 3’ 11” Weight: 103 lbs

While Murkrow are infamous for their sense of death, Absol are then feared for their sense of impending disaster. Graced with a scythe on the right side of its head, the Absol mainly lives on mountainous regions where few humans and Pokemon choose to live. This is a perfect choice for the Absol, as it usually lives a solitary life. There have been no records of any Absol packs yet.

A herbivore, an Absol’s usual diet usually consists of berries, plants and fresh meat. A must in every assassin’s arsenal, these graceful creatures kill with their scythes, their technique swift and painless. The lifespan of both wild and domesticated Absol are startlingly long; these snow-furred creatures can live for as long as a century (100 years) at the least. Nocturnal creatures, the Absol’s natural hobby is to sit on the top of a mountain to look at the moon. It is also said that during the peak of the full moon, its flowing moonlight restores its energy and improves its health as well. Despite its appearance, the Absol’s scythe is actually very soft to the touch, particularly whenever Absol is not tense or angry, but when it does become so, the scythe becomes dangerously strong and sharp.

Mating season arrives at the frosty, cold month of December. The lone Absol goes off in search for a mate, usually taking the one that first catches their eye. They quickly separate after the young Absol has been born after about 13 months of incubation. Usually a single Absol is born each time, and the child matures after 27 years, although the mother usually leaves the child on its own after 7 years.

Absol’s claim to fame (or infamy, depending on the observer) is that it appears whenever a natural disaster is about to happen. The creature uses its sharp senses to detect subtle changes in the sky and the land, and with its knowledge of natural balance it can predict oncoming natural disasters. It apparently carries a concern for the safety of humans because, once it detects the coming of a disaster, it goes off to the nearest human settlements to give warnings to the people. Unfortunately, over time people have developed a misunderstood view of the Pokémon; they held a superstitious belief that Absol had a cause-and-effect relationship with disasters like earthquakes; also in some cultures, it's a proven fact that adding the letters of Absol's name equals the number 13 or 4. These are numbers long considered through the ages as a threat, equal to death, or sudden disaster, thus gaining it a classic “bad luck” image.

However, to the population of people who have come to understand the Pokémon, Absol is popular as a pet and as a Pokémon partner in areas prone to natural disasters because it can warn its owners of large-scale danger, making it a significantly valuable Pokémon for any trainer to have when facing the many dangers of the Pokémon world. Many people wrongfully think that this is a Legendary Pokémon due to its sparse number and rarity.

Knightblazer

Quote Originally Posted by flame fox View Post
    how about phasma phasmatis meaning ghost or umbra meaning shadow and gangar's japanese name is gengar.
    would i be able to post your article on my website?
    Thank you for the scientific name. Of course you can! I would honored if you did so!

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    However soon enough i will re open all entries so we can have multiple perspectives on pokemon and the D/P pokemon can be included in there.
    I must be the only one who thinks reopening articles is a bad idea - we should really focus on finishing everything first, getting one article for every pokemon group (including D/P). If you reopen articles, than there's going to be a million people wanting to refute, say, what I've written about Eevee (since it's such a popular pokemon) and we'll never get forgotten critters like Dunsparce or Quagsire finished. If, after all pokemon are completed, people still want to make rebuttal articles, open a second project exclusively for it. We want the main project to be a solid encyclopedia, and a million rebuttal articles for only a few pokemon species just really doesn't seem productive to me >.>

I also think updating to consiter the new information from D/P is extreamly important as well, especially if it's something major as in the revelation that Lucario is in fact not legendary in the least, or, taking one of my own articles, that Eevee can evolve two more times.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblazer View Post
    A herbivore, an Absol’s usual diet usually consists of berries, plants and fresh meat. A must in every assassin’s arsenal, these graceful creatures kill with their scythes, their technique swift and painless.
    You must mean "omnivore" there :P (though carnivore would fit better in my opinion, given Absol's canid nature).

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblazer View Post
    The lifespan of both wild and domesticated Absol are startlingly long; these snow-furred creatures can live for as long as a century (100 years) at the least. Usually a single Absol is born each time, and the child matures after 27 years, although the mother usually leaves the child on its own after 7 years.
    That's really stretching it in my opinion. Not even elephant babies take that long to reach sexual maturity (three years for sexual maturity), nor do any other of the more longer lived animal species. Besides, it doesn't make any sense in nature. The goal in nature is to mate and pass on your genes. 27 years for sexual maturity leaves a hell of a huge window for something to happen to the absol to prevent this life goal. (100+ years for a mid-sized mammal's lifespan, even a pokemon mammal, is also pushing it).

I also wouldn't think absol is unique in detecting natural disasters, only that it can pick up the vibes much earlier than other pokemon. After all, ordinary animals are known to flee before earthquakes and other events, or act strangely. Also, it would have been interesting to hear possible theories about why, when it senses disasters, people see them more often. It could be that they're just on their way to a safer area, and the simple minded pubic assumes "It cares about us by warning us!" or "No, an absol! It will bring doom!" without either of those being at all true.

In short, not a bad article at all But do remember to keep lifespans reasonable, and that scientists are likely to present theories about why the pokemon behaves the way it does, along with presenting its habits.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

I must be the only one who thinks reopening articles is a bad idea - we should really focus on finishing everything first, getting one article for every pokemon group (including D/P). If you reopen articles, than there's going to be a million people wanting to refute, say, what I've written about Eevee (since it's such a popular pokemon) and we'll never get forgotten critters like Dunsparce or Quagsire finished.
    Knightblazer i liked your article. I think of Absol in exactly the same kind of way when thinking of its solitary habits and such.
    Well yea that is a valid point...the only thing with that is that is might just be me and you left to finish it as everyone may get bored once all the "good" pokemon are done. But yeah its something to consider.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

nice article on absol i have updated the site and added the reservations to it aswell
    Last edited by flame fox; 28th September 2006 at 11:29 PM.

I said I would, and now i have--my Lucario article has been updated to include Diamond and Pearl info! And not just updated, it's been totally fudged around and had tons of stuff added! Check it out: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...92#post4239192

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

I want Kyogre and Groudon, please.

i have added the updated lucario to the site and added the reservations

I thought I claimed Torkoal... why haven't you added my reservation?

anyway, the Misdreavus article will be written today.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I'm sorry for not posting here in, like... ever...

I just lost all want to continue writing here.

If anyone wants to take over the four I had (including Lileep/Cradily; if anyone can make it better, they're welcome to write a better article), you guys are free to do so.

Can I have Tropius and Luvdisc?

ill add torkoal, tropius and luvdisc reservations to the site aswell

might as well do Misdreavus now since I said I'll do it today...

Mt.Silver Misdreavus (Fumuscaesaries Muuma Argenteus)
    Height: 2'04'' ft Weight: 2 lbs.
    Lifespan: 90-140 years (unconfirmed)

Misdreavus is a semi-corporeal apparition that bares a striking resemblence to a human female's head. Little research has actually been done on the anatomy of this pokémon due to it's transparent state of existance, and their equally mysterious life in the wild is currently scant due to their hermatic and forboding nature. Most research on this pokémon has mainly come from captive specimens.

This pokémon's biological structure is quite unusual because it's molocules are made up of liquids and gases instead of liquids and solids, like most corporeal pokémon. This allows the "ghost" pokémon to pass through solid objects without any harm to itself or the solid, although small traces of residue is left behind when a ghost pokémon does this. This residue is known as ectoplasm, and it is thought to be what ghost pokémon are made of. It also allows the pokémon to be so light that it is able to float in the air for an infinte amount of time. Ghost pokémon in general are able to become completely invisible or completely solid when it needs to. Certain lights however, produced by special lighting equipment or certain pokémon attacks, are able to temporarly turn the ghost pokémon solid.

The senses of the Misdreavus that are the most sensitive are it's sight and it's sense of hearing. It's red eyes are able to detect the faintest of lights, making it able to see well, even in near pitch-blackness, however, the drawback for having such sensitive eyes is that it cannot be in direct sunlight for longer then half and hour. Thus why it prefers to live in the darkness of caves and dark forests where little light filters through.

The vocal sounds the Misdreavus produces varies quite a bit. They can range from peircing screeches, wailing cries to creepy sobs. Strangely enough, it is able to produce these noises without a moveable tongue, which unlike most ghost pokémon, the Misdreavus lacks. This pokémon also has the habit of biting the intruder's hair or face when it encrotches on it's territory. It also does this to show affection, either toward other misdreavus or their human companions, some may even groom their trains hair by combing it with their teeth, though this habit can be unsanitary due to their slightly poisonous saliva.

It is quite difficult to determine if the outbursts Misdreavus produces are real emotional responses or done on purpose. This habit is tied directly to what it feeds on. Misdreavus are emotovoires, that is, they feed on emotions produced by other lifeforms, much like herbovoires feeding on plants. The Misdreavus' diet is mainly feelings of fear and dread, with a little apprehension for seasoning. They use the necklace like orbs that adorn it's neck to absorb these feelings from the host. Strangely enough, after the Misdreavus has fed, the fearful feelings had completely dissappeared from the host. Unable to even recall the events that brought the fear in the first place.

The Misdreavus' hair is very important to this pokémon, as it serves as it's hands. It's tendrils are able to coil around and feel whatever this pokémon desires to feel. Some studies have even indicated that Misdreavus mothers keep their babies all tangled up within the locks of their hair, to prevent them from wandering too far from safety.

awesome ill add that aswell

As all of u know, D/P Pokemon are overflowing us now. Do you think that we should not do Pokemon that have (pre)evos in D/P until we have more info about them?
    GoLurker

that would save updating them again after

I think I'll claim Meganium and Kangaskhan.

ok ill add them now

Um, you forgot to update that I called Kyogre and Groudon...

finally finished The Ninetails and Vulpix bio. And this has to be the longest bio I've ever written to date X_x

Ninetails (Numercauda Kyuukon) and Vulpix (Vulpecula Rokon)

Height: 3’7 Height: 2’0
    Weight: 44’0 lbs Weight: 22’0

Ninetails is a nine tailed fox pokemon that is believed to be one of the most clever and most sinister pokemon in the entire kanto region. They fool trainers so that they can’t get caught, and sometimes save the Vulpix, they’re children from hunters. They are also the most experienced fox type pokemon, which is why they are very good at finding food and homes. Ninetails is a golden coloured (or pale yellow to some people) nine tailed fox, with orange coloured tail tips, luring ruby red eyes, and flowing hair that stands out from the top of her head. Vulpix is a smaller fox type pokemon with only 6 tails, unlike it’s adult version, Vulpix is red, and their tails and hair is much curlier.

Ninetails is a vengeful pokemon, they go to extreme lengths to exact they’re revenge on trainers and pokemon that offended or harm themselves, or they’re children. They also got one of the greatest senses of sniffing and hearing, so with those things, they can catch they’re prey very easily. Now there’s something interesting thing about these Ninetails. There are reports that nine tails are the second longest living pokemon, living over a millennium (1000 years), and the strange thing is, it might have something to do with it’s gender. Three times as Vulpix are born female, it sometimes considered the female counterpart of Arcanine, and most female pokemon species outlive the males (demolishes the fact of male superiority XD).

Now there’s another legend. According to history, nine noble saints were united as ghosts, and then reincarnated into the form on one being, Ninetails. Legend says that each of it’s nine tails has it’s own unique powers. From mind control, to immortality, and control of life, and to laying curses, from invisibility, to other types of unique powers. However, there is another legend. Something darker. If you touch one of it’s golden tails, it will result in a curse that will last for 1000 years.

There is one good fact that’s true. Apparently, Ninetails are known to help children, and parents if the parents are there, out of blazing buildings, or through harsh weather conditions, but it does not raise other pokemon species, nor humans.

Ninetails main diet is berries and meat that come from other pokemon, small pokemon like a Ponyta, a Eevee, a Pikachu, or from larger pokemon, like Jolteon, Flareon, Rapndash, Raichu, or other pokemon they can catch. Usually the berries is for Vulpix, since the taste for meat does not come till in their adult years. Ninetails are very protective of their children, so they attack and kill a human or a pokemon that harms the Vulpix.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast