Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

I suppose 15 years is a tad too short for Blazkien... Would 85 years be better? :\

hmm... perhaps I aught to change Roselia's life span as well... :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Suicune (Panthera furizaa)

Typical Height: 6' 7" (Ranges from 4' 10" to 9' 5")
    Typical Weight: 412.3 lb (Ranges from 262.7 lb to 608.0 lb)

Suicune has a body shape unique among big cats; which one it resembles best has been a topic of debate since its discovery. Almost all scientists agree that it resembles a wolf, a cheetah, or a panther. It has the body structure of a cheetah but also a wolflike face. Referred to in legends as "The embodiment of the compassion of a pure spring of water," it possesses a unique ability: It can purify any small or medium-size body of water completely, no matter how contaminated it is. It is believed that the blue crystal on its forehead gives it this power in addition to power over water and ice. When the crystal glows a bright blue, it emits a healing light that eases the pain of what basks in it. Unlike Raikou and Entei, Suicune wears no mask; its white face is totally exposed to the elements. Suicune boasts a secret weapon as well--a sharp spike under its mouth. It only uses the weapon when flipped onto its back. Its sky blue body is slim, with white, diamond-shaped spots all over. Its two white, ribbonlike tails whip around the sides of its body, even on a calm day with no wind. Its purple mane is not as billowy as Entei's, but still flaps around even with no wind.

While Entei is a bold creature, Suicune is a curious one. If it is at peace with nature, it will let humans approach it very closely; sometimes, the beast will even allow humans, particularly children, to touch it. The moment it senses danger, though, it will leap away and flee. Due to its curious nature and relative calmness compared to Raikou and Entei, it is the only one of the three ancient Beasts that has been brought into captivity by humans. Thus, it is the only one of them that a great deal of information is known about.

Unlike most cats, Suicune does not use its claws exclusively for attacking. They grant the beast incredible agility and sure-footedness when running. It can run over the slickest of ice, and even stop and turn around, without slipping at all. Suicune can control the speed and direction of local winds. Because of this, many people believe it is an incarnation of the north wind. A sign that a Suicune is nearby is a sudden change in the direction or speed of the wind. When running, there is always a fierce wind blowing directly behind it. The faster it wants to run, the more fiercely the wind will blow. This wind lets it run at up to 220 miles per hour. Without this wind at its back, a Rapidash could easily outrun it. Suicune can run quickly enough to run over bodies of water without its feet breaking the surface.

Some Suicune in captivity have been saddled up and ridden like horses. It can easily carry a human on its back. When in a happy mood, Suicune sees carrying a rider as a game, running where it pleases and as fast as it pleases. If it is especially happy, it will even listen to the requests of its rider. When in a foul mood, however, it jumps, bucks, and even flips in an effort to throw the rider off. Then it will typically slash several times with its two front claws.

Rather than use its speed, Suicune prefers to utilize the element of surprise when hunting. It crouches down in tall grasses, spying on various large mammals in the area. When the time is right, it will spring forward with hurricane-force winds at its back. Unless in self-defense, it will never use its power over water or ice to attack. The main use of its icy breath is in crossing over water. It can shoot a cold beam from its mouth to freeze water, then run across the ice that forms.

The reproduction of Suicune is still a total mystery to mankind. Though a male and female Suicune have been in captivity together for a number of years, no offspring have ever been produced. This leads scientists to believe that a special set of environmental conditions is required for offspring to be conceived. Most of the cubs survive the first year. They train with their parents, honing all their running and jumping skills. After five years, the parents teach the cubs how to manipulate the wind. From there, they are on their own. Typically only one out of every five cubs can manipulate the wind enough to run at the speeds needed to hunt prey.
    Last edited by ~RaikouRider243~; 18th September 2006 at 12:59 AM.
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

If Beautifly is open, I'd like to do that one...

Can't put it off any longer...

Domestic Ampharos (Ovis Denryuu)
    Height: 4'07'' ft Weight: 136 lbs.
    Lifespan: 85-95 years (captive)

Ampharos is a ruminant biped pokémon. It's main diet are grasses, leaves and other vegitation. Despite it's size, the Domestic Ampharos is a very gentle pokémon. It's only means of defense is it's electrical power, which it would only use as a last resort when not put into a battle.

These pokémon have been domesicated by humans for over 4000 years. Mareep and Flaaffy, Ampharos' eariler forms are indigeous to Jotho and have thought to have been first domesicated there.

Ampharos often herd for protection from predatory pokémon, it is thought that the lights these pokémon produce evolved so that the herd knows where each of their members are, even on dark nights. There have been many stories of farmers claiming that they've seen UFOs landing on their fields on dark stormy nights, especially with lighting, but all these claims turned out to be their own flocks of Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos flashing their lights at the same time.

It's electricity is generated by the two glass-like orbs on it's head and tail. The Pokémon has the power to use these orbs to produce brilliant flashes of light when it wants to. The tail light is primarly used for indicating where members of the herd are. This tail light is so useful that shepards and other people even used these pokemon to signal to one another. However, with the invention of electric lights, the usefulness of ampharos lights have dwindled to the point that the only lighthouse that uses Ampharos today is the Olivine lighthouse in Olivine City.

The orb on it's head is used only very seldomly. Infact it's only been reported to be used by males in competiting with other males for mates in light shows. The first ampharos starts by sizing up it's opponent and flashing it's head-light. The second male does the same thing but tries to make his light brighter. These "flash battles" can last up to an hour and a half and any physical contant is extremely rare.

Ampharos lamb in early spring to late summer, these babies are known as Mareep. Ampharos usually have two Mareep, but some breeds are known to have up to five. The Mareep were why this pokémon was domesicated by humans in the first place and are still an economic importance to agriculture.

The first use is their wool, this wool is very soft and luxurious. It is also the source of their electric power, the fibers of this wool are specialized to trap air and static charge, keeping the pokémon warm and able to defend itself from predators. The more static electricity the wool holds, the brighter it's tail glows. There is an interesting co-relation between the wool quality and the static charge it can hold. The more static builds up in this wool, the finer and softer it becomes. Some farmers have even devised machines that "pump up" the static charge in their mareep's wool. The wool is sheared several times in the spring and summer, though it starts to grow back in a week.

The second use for Mareep is for it's meat and milk. Some Mareep breeds are bred for these purposes rather then for their wool. Mareep meat, or mareep mutton is quite tender, low in fat and can used in plenty of dishes. Some people are opposed to this use of this pokémon. Mareep milk is often used in certain cheeses and yougurt, though not as often as Miltank milk.

When a Mareep evolves, it's skin turns pink and it gains the ability to stand on it's hind legs. This form is known as the Flaaffy. Flaaffy are used by people in much the same way as Mareep were, but not as much. The wool from a flaaffy is distinctly different from the wool of a mareep, some people prefer this wool as opposed to mareep wool, but it's difficult to obtain since Flaaffy doesn't produce as much wool. In fact, only a third of the pokémon's skin area actually produces any wool. The reason why this is so has puzzled farmers and scientists for centuries.

Flaaffy mutton is consumed, but it's tougher then mareep mutton, thus is less desireable. Flaaffy's skin is quite thick and rubbery to sheild it from it's own static charge.

When it finally evolves into Ampharos, it doesn't produce any wool it's meat is quite tough. The only use for Ampharos now is to signal to other farmers or breeding, thus it is actually uncommon to see ampharos on a mareep farm.

Quote Originally Posted by ~RaikouRider243~ View Post
    Almost all scientists agree that it resembles a wolf, a cheetah, or a panther. It has the body structure of a cheetah but also a wolflike face.
    None of these animals would be known to a pokémon-world scientist because they don't exist there (neither would horses, which you also mentioned). The article loses a lot of its sense of versimillitude due to these references, but it was well written otherwise. Good job!

Dark Amethyst, I agree with you (the person) in that the ho-oh article is too like the Pokedex in consitering obvious legends as facts, but my other problem was with with believing ho-oh - giant birds with massive talons - live on berries (they're large, predatory birds, and could easily fly off with something as big as a human being to eat or feed to their chicks). The "berry problem" was in the mawile article, as well - although in that article, it seemed limited to the discussion of baby ones only. Remember, most pokemon species, especially those who look obviously adapted for hunting and are even based on carniverous/omniverous animals (such as Ninetales) are not going to be peaceful berry eaters. They're going to be looking at pokemon smaller than they are as being mighty tasty Not a bad article otherwise, with some interesting ideas ^_^

Edited to add: PDL, great Ampharos article! I massively enjoyed it (though 95 years as even a captive lifespan is pushing it in my opinion) - especially where you explain that mareep meat is tender and low in fat Acknowledging the fact that they'd be a food animal at all made me love the article even more, beyond the fact it was well written and interesting in general ^_^ Great job!
    Last edited by Pink Parka Girl; 17th September 2006 at 10:51 PM.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

your right Pink Parka Girl ^^; I should edit it to Ho-oh's also hunting fish type pokemon
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

May I do the Clefairy line. Or maybe a diffrent pokemon, thanx.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    your right Pink Parka Girl ^^; I should edit it to Ho-oh's also hunting fish type pokemon
    maybe it could be even easier and have Ho-oh not eat anything at all and instead getting his energy directly from the sun?

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    maybe it could be even easier and have Ho-oh not eat anything at all and instead getting his energy directly from the sun?
    Uhh... I'm just going to leave it as Ho-oh hunting berries and fish type pokemon for eating ^^; . I made enough changes on it already X_x
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. Now, here's Sneasel/Manuyla's article.

Weavile (Javas Feles)
    Height: 3’ 13” Weight: 68 lbs

Weavile are known widely for the blood red crown upon their heads, but even more so for their lightning-fast swiping techniques. These swift, cat-like Pokemon are natural thieves, so caution is advised when handling, training or taking care of them as well as their young. Scavengers by nature, Weavile usually lives in small groups of two to three, and only in great times then do they stick together in big groups. A typical wild Weavile lives up to the age of 27-35, whereas domesticated ones can stay as old as 48 years.

These graceful thieves usually live in small, shallow caves, away from the dangers of any savage, carnivorous or territorial Pokemon such as Tyranitar or Nidoking. Their diet consists of berries, plants and more mainly, carrion, due to their inability to take down prey with their feather-light bodies and rather delicate claws. Both the male and female hunt, usually for themselves. With delicate bodies and arms, these physical limitations make them an easy prey; they are however gifted with amazing muscles in their hind legs that allow them to leap as high as 75 feet! This height is especially no mean feat for a Pokemon as small as the Weavile. It is because of this gift, including their ever-sharp ears, that the Weavile can still manage to exist even today.

Mating season for these Pokemon comes along during the month of March. The males, who are usually bigger, stronger and sleeker than the females, duel each other for the mate of their choice. There have been times where the female will step out to stop the battle, as she already has her chosen one in mind. It is undeniably risky, as the female stands at a good chance of being killed accidentally. After mating, the female then goes through an incubation period of about 7-9 months before giving birth to their young, typically called Sneasel. Each incubation usually produces a single Sneasel, just as a human does, while twins and triples occur more rarely. There has been no record of any Sneasel quadruplets yet. Weavile mates are not exceptionally loyal to each other; usually breaking apart after their young has reached their maturity age of 7. A typical Weavile could have up to many as 10 mates and above.

Both Weavile and Sneasel are nocturnal, as the more savage beasts are usually asleep by then. However, they are not spared from the wrath from the ever-territorial packs of Houndoom and Mightyena if they ever tread across their path. Even with that, the death rate of Weavile are rather low despite their size. Both of these Pokemon are usually the top choices of any thief or assassin’s arsenal due to their silent ways. However, Weavile are rather feisty and hard to gain loyalty, so these burglars would favor the smaller and sleeker Sneasel over their more fetish seniors.

Knightblazer
    Last edited by Knightblazer; 18th September 2006 at 11:12 AM.

All requests to reserve can be accepted...Although if you write about Beautifly you need to at least touch on Dustox as they both are born as Wurmple's. An interesting article could come from this, How Wurmple choose which to become etc.

my other problem was with with believing ho-oh - giant birds with massive talons - live on berries (they're large, predatory birds, and could easily fly off with something as big as a human being to eat or feed to their chicks).
    I thought there was one point i missed. I agree with Pink, i imagine Ho-oh to be a ferocious carnivore and hunt all kinds of pokemon, Seaking, Tauros, Venusaur, pretty much anything it can find, as because of its size and huge power it could pretty much take down anything it likes. Kind of like the Roc in the Sinbad legends (I think it was Sinbad). But for something that size and power to only live on berries would be kind of hard, thats a lot of berries it would have to eat.

PDL the Mareep article was great..i enjoyed it. ~RaikouRider243~ your article was great too...As was yours Knightblazer. Although if you could separate the two different articles in different post next time please.
    Last edited by you; 18th September 2006 at 11:14 AM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Whoops. Sorry. I'll seperate it, if you wish.

Murkrow (Schatten Spazzino)
    Height: 1’ 08” Weight: 5 lbs

Often quoted to be the ‘Birds of Death’, these raven-feathered scavengers are noted to be always seen flocking above a spot where certain death is impending. To this day, scientists are unable to explain how the Murkrow is able to predict these situations. Tests have been conducted, and in 97% of the time the corvine bird is able to predict where tragedy occurs. Many deduce that the birds have some sort of ‘death sense’, a bit like what physic types usually do. Perhaps this is why Murkrow are able to unleash certain Ghost-type attacks, since being so deeply connected with death.

Due to their small size, Murkrow often travel in huge flocks as they migrate from on area to another without any definite place to live; these flexible birds can live anywhere -from the harshest deserts to the coldest caves. Like their connection with death, scientists are unable to explain just how the Murkrow can still live under such extreme weather conditions within a simple layer of feathers. People believe that it has something to do with its body, but that remains to be seen.

With a diet of carrion and the occasional garbage, these raven birds usually travel at night and rest in the day to avoid confrontation with any savage predators. Since Murkrow travel often, they are not the most territorial of Pokemon but they will attack any creature that dares intrude upon their spot of rest. They have never been known to kill however, even with their fiercely sharp, curved beaks usually used to tear the flesh off the left-behind kill.

The birds stop migrating around the month of October as they reach the mating season. The males would usually just grab a random female who catches their eye and mate, as time is limited. The females then lay their eggs in a safe spot and take care of them as the males flock away after mating. The eggs, usually laid in a large number of about 10 to 12, hatch after 1-2 months, and the mother would take care of them until they mature after approximately 1 year of entering the world. From there, the young Murkrows would be left on their own. Wild Murkrow have a despairingly short lifespan of 6-8 years, whereas domesticated ones can live up to well over 50 years.

Murkrow are known to be notoriously light-fingered (or ‘taloned’, in this case), tricky and outrageously brash. Although their thieving reputation are not as well-know as the Weavile and their Sneasel young, caution is still advised towards any trainer who wants to catch these elusive birds. However, the Murkrow can be made as a trainer’s greatest weapon with training and patience. Of course, these birds will remain as the strangest double-edged sword in the Pokemon world.

Recently, there have been startling developments in regards to these birds. In upon exposure towards a Dark Stone, it evolves into a grander, more noble bird whose name is not yet decided, but is for now addressed as the Donkarasu, or in its scientific name, the Kishin Krähe. Unlike its previous form, these birds have been known to retain a high sense of dignity, and unlike Murkrow, would never stoop as low to steal and commit any publicly shamed behavior. Graced with a sharp mind, the Donkarasu is said to be one of the most smartest birds to date, although it has been known to boss other Pokemon around like his own workers. Indeed with the young being sneaky and the elder being morally upright, the Murkrow is indeed a great enigma, even until today.

Well... now that that's compeleted as well... could I take Absol and ehh... Shuppet/Banette? (Wants to write it as a gift-thingy for Scrap) Thanks!

Knightblazer

P.S: Its good to see you're still alive, RaikouRider; haven't seen you fer ages. XP
    Last edited by Knightblazer; 27th November 2006 at 2:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblazer View Post
    could I take Absol?
    I beat you to that claim ^_^; Anyway, I really enjoyed the style in your articles - amazingly well written!
    ~Fanfics~
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post

I thought there was one point i missed. I agree with Pink, i imagine Ho-oh to be a ferocious carnivore and hunt all kinds of pokemon, Seaking, Tauros, Venusaur, pretty much anything it can find, as because of its size and huge power it could pretty much take down anything it likes. Kind of like the Roc in the Sinbad legends (I think it was Sinbad). But for something that size and power to only live on berries would be kind of hard, thats a lot of berries it would have to eat.

Like I said, I chaged to Ho-oh also eating fish pokemon X_x
    Blue

Silver

Mind if I do one for Phanpy and Donphan? I'm open to suggestions regarding their scientific names.

These Ground Type Pokemon live in close family groups led by a female Donphan called the matriarch. The rest of the herd typically consists of related female Donphan and their young, Phanpy. Male Donphan tend to live separately in so-called "bachelor herd", and only venture near the main herds during the mating season. While females stay with the same herd all their lives, males almost invariably leave as soon as they evolve from Phanpy to Donphan.

In most herds, the matriarch can be distinguish by her long tusks; other members of the herd have smaller tusks. The tusks start to show when the Donphan evolves, but may take several years to become really powerful. Phanpy never grow tusks.

At the Phanpy stage, this Pokemon is a pale blue colour, with red markings around the ears. A Donphan is grey with black armour plating on the trunk and upper body; it is believed that this armour acts as protection when the Donphan uses powerful physical moves. Both Phanpy and Donphan have exceptionally flexible spines, enabling them to use Rollout quickly and efficiently.*

Both Phanpy and Donphan have large ears, enabling them to keep cool on the hot plains which are their native habitat. Their ears are also sensitive to lower frequencies, which allows them to communicate over long distances by means of rumbling noises, the frequency of which is just beyond the lower range of human hearing. However, when danger threatens, these Pokemon will make a trumpeting noise which can be heard over a radius of 150 KM.

* If anyone's interested, I'm prepared to extend this to other Pokemon which learn Rollout but aren't shaped like balls.
    Last edited by Clare; 19th September 2006 at 3:57 PM.

A cute exterior hides inner strength ~ Suzy

Destiny's Bond

Like I said, I chaged to Ho-oh also eating fish pokemon X_x
    Was merely stating my perception, didnt mean you have to change it or anything.

Clare, im taking it that that is the start of your article. Its good so far but the only thing i dont like is that "Phanpy never grow tusks". Yes they dont because they are too young, but they will eventually as they grow into Donphan. For this encyclopaedia you should disregard evolution in the Pokemon sense. A Phanpy is just the same as a Donphan its just given that name while its young. If you understand what i mean. The simplest latin name could be Loxodonta donfan.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Well here it is:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clefable Lunal pixer

A Clefable is a rare and powerful creature. They have been rumored to arrive from the moon, in space ships. Although this is just a rumor, many bleave it to be actual even though there is little truth to it. Some believe that due to there star like shape. Those who have been lucky enough to see one up close believe that it has wings.

Clefables are known to have the innate ability to have an innate ability to use metronome. They have well adapted hearing and are curious creatures but are afraid of humans letting only young children near them. They do eat berries, and are happy to share. Its dance is known by legends as “The Moonstone Dance”.(see next paragraph) This ritual happens on preselected full moons. They are known to walk on water by jumping. Some question this ability as it is rarely seen. Those who have seen it have said that it is a graceful dance atop a beutiful blue surface. It is widely believed(but with no proof) a relative of Zubat and other lunar pokemon. Scientest world wide reject this common belief.

It has the ability to use all attacks. This includes legendary attacks. These pokemon are gentle but fierce. Once they were actually aliens but now known as legendaries by some. This is, because,they are rarely seen but there sillhouetes look like that of a majestic space creature. Many are in dispute about age. Some say 100, others say 300.

It's younger form cefairy morphs it's form to Clefable via gamma rays from the moon. The youngest form Cleffa is said to only grow up if it has many friends and it's parents treat it good enough. Although gamma rays from the moon affect Clefairy, it can be affected quiker by moonstones.

It is also believed that the "Moonstone Dance" is a way to mate and find a leader. There leader is uasually a female who knows much about the other Clefairys, Cleffas, and Clefables in the family. It is unknown if they live with other families, but it is believed that they communicate with other families. When they mate it is not a mate for life but the male and female stick to there mate for up to 6 months. It is believed that 6 months allows a Cleffa to become a Clefairy, or very close to one. Not much else is known of them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by SuperShadow; 20th September 2006 at 1:28 AM.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

can i write on on pinsir?

do you have to have the ok or can i just write it
    Last edited by Phillyboomerangs; 19th September 2006 at 3:31 AM.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/2jbo3u1.png[/IMG]
    Card Made by Me! Pm me if ya want one

Credit to Buizerulad for sweet Poke'bag

Pinsir is the Best pokemon ever

I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me -Philippians 4:13

I want to write on Onix/Steelix.

I also have an idea for the stone evo's.
    How about a case in which stone evo pokemon like pikachu and eggsecute (sp?) after a certain span of their lives leave their social colony to go and find a mate to create their own colony. Usually mating takes place in areas rich in thunder stones/leaf stones, this is because their bodies are naturally intune with the subsatnces. Before they begin, the radiation causes them to mutate and become raichu's/exeggutor's. This sudden change causes their hormones to kick in, they mate and form a new colony.

OR
    A good alternate would be to deem evo stones as being artificial methods of evolving pokemon and are used by trainers to evolve their pokemon faster. All pokemon evolve/become mature after a natural span of time, but some are suspectible to radiation and mutate (mature instantly) once they come in contact with a resp. evo stone.
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    I also have an idea for the stone evo's.
    How about a case in which stone evo pokemon like pikachu and eggsecute (sp?) after a certain span of their lives leave their social colony to go and find a mate to create their own colony. Usually mating takes place in areas rich in thunder stones/leaf stones, this is because their bodies are naturally intune with the subsatnces. Before they begin, the radiation causes them to mutate and become raichu's/exeggutor's. This sudden change causes their hormones to kick in, they mate and form a new colony.
    This one wouldn't work - while an exeggcute article hasn't been written yet, a pikachu one has that already explains both their social lives (living alone and being highly territorial, and also that their mating is a very casual affair and the male does not stay with the female for any lenghth of time once the deed is done) and how they evolve (basically, raichu do not exist as a wild species because their chances of coming naturally in contact with a thunderstone is virtually nil, given rarity of the minerals). Also, why would either a pikachu or an exeggcutor or any other stone evolver have to be fully evolved before it can mate? I stick two pikachu in the breeding center and get a pichu just fine

OR
    A good alternate would be to deem evo stones as being artificial methods of evolving pokemon and are used by trainers to evolve their pokemon faster. All pokemon evolve/become mature after a natural span of time, but some are suspectible to radiation and mutate (mature instantly) once they come in contact with a resp. evo stone.
    This one sounds like it could be reasonable, but it wouldn't work for something like eevee which can become any number of things that all depend on either its happiness at a certain time of day or what stone it comes in contact with. While I can easily picture umbreon and espeon in the wild since the only variable needed for their evolution is an intense feeling of pleasure, the other three are going to be as rare as teeth on a torchic...

It's probably best to leave the stones as they are (since I've already written about some of them; though the only other person to do a stone evolver so far didn't even touch on the issue) since it's really not a good idea to have the encyclopedia "clash" with its self too often, since we do want to create the illusion this is all one continous work by a bunch of scientists in tandem Since you're the first person to write an item + trade evolver, if you address the issue of how it happens you could find your theories becoming the project's "standard"
    ~Fanfics~

Since you're the first person to write an item + trade evolver, if you address the issue of how it happens you could find your theories becoming the project's "standard
    OOh! I'd love that!
    Fine, I'll take the challenge. I'll write an article for Exeggcute/Exeggcutor using the stone evo theory.

why would either a pikachu or an exeggcutor or any other stone evolver have to be fully evolved before it can mate? I stick two pikachu in the breeding center and get a pichu just fine
    The simple answer is that I always considered pichu = baby, pikachu = teenager and raichu = adult and animals generally mate when they become adults not before but then again this is pokemon.

Also for Eevee, if we take the "stone evolving is artificial" route. You could say that eevee's are highly adaptable creatures that can survive in a variety of environments and evolve depending on location. Eevee's living near water evolve/mature into vaporeon's due to a specific genetic makeup brought on due to the environment and so that they can hunt in the water itself and feed their young. Similarly for Flareon's which live at the foot of volcanoes and warm places (not deserts). Jolteon's living in the Outback/desert with rugged and unforgiving terrain ["Get Along Little Pokemon" comes to mind]. Of all the electrics, he had a Jolteon., which suggests it was the easiest one available. Espeon's and Umbreon's would live in lush forests.

Also, I know officially reserve Onix/Steelix, Exeggcute/Exeggcutor and Zapdos
    Last edited by DarkLegend; 19th September 2006 at 4:06 PM.
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

OK...SuperShadow your entry is much too short and contains too much data from the anime. We want articles written from the point of wiew that Pokemon are the only real existing animals.

A Clefable is a rare and powerful creature. They have been rumored to arrive from the moon, in space ships. One documented account was when a group of Clefables and its younger family (known as Clefairy and Cleffa) stole items to make a ship. A young boy named Ash solved what happened. Those who have been lucky enough to see one up close believe that it has wings.
    You should remove Ash's name as that is solely based on the anime. You can put across the theory that they are from the moon using other evidence such their star shape etc.

Clefables are known to have the innate ability to have an innate ability to use metronome. They have well adapted hearing and are curious creatures but are afraid of humans letting only young children near them. They do eat berries, and are happy to share. Its dance is known by legends as “The Moonstone Dance”. They are known to walk on water by jumping. It is a relative of Zubat and other lunar pokemon.
    This is the style we are looking for. Explain more in depth about their appearance, what they eat, etc. Maybe talk about the "moondance" as being their mating ritual. However they cannot be considered relatives of Zubat as they are totally different genus and species and class etc. They are nocturnal yes but it doesnt make them relatives of Zubat.

It has the ability to use all attacks. This includes legendary attacks. These pokemon are gentle but fierce. Once they were actually aliens but now known as legendaries by some.
    Consider a different summery as most this end part is opinion. Something that sums up all you have said and about its situation in the wild or something.

Not a bad start, but continue in the style I said and it will work out great.

can i write on on pinsir?

do you have to have the ok or can i just write it
    Yes you can write Pinsir. You dont need my permissision to write, however if its going to take you several days or weeks reserving it makes sense so no one else will post an entry in the meantime. Of course if it takes you a couple hours no problem.

All requests accepted..

The simple answer is that I always considered pichu = baby, pikachu = teenager and raichu = adult and animals generally mate when they become adults not before but then again this is pokemon.
    I never saw it that way (even before ever hearing of this project ) - I see pichu more as the "basic" pokemon. Although they can't breed in the games, if they were real animals I can totally picture them breeding. A pichu can still reach sexual maturity, still have eggs, still live its life and die old and grey - as a pichu. If they reach a pinnacle of great emotion, they'll evolve into pikachu, but I'd expect most wild chus will not evolve even once. Some will get eaten before they reach sexual maturity, or hit by cars or otherwise killed, while others will just never get happy enough to allow evolution to happen (this can go for any pokemon needing a happiness evolution) - being a small prey animal doesn't afford much chance for intense feelings of pleasure. Of those that do evolve, less than one percent of the wild population would go on to become raichu as the stones needed for the process are exceedingly rare. Wild raichu have almost all been evolved by humans and then either deliberately abandoned, or they escaped into the wild on their own. For the sake of continunety with the other encyclopedia articles, it's best to consiter exeggcute the "basic" wild pokemon and the exeggcutor an exceedingly rare, almost-never-found-wild mutation

And if you call pikachu similar to "teenagers," that would indeed make them capable of breeding, yes? Teenage humans are certainly able to breed

Also for Eevee, if we take the "stone evolving is artificial" route. You could say that eevee's are highly adaptable creatures that can survive in a variety of environments and evolve depending on location. Eevee's living near water evolve/mature into vaporeon's due to a specific genetic makeup brought on due to the environment and so that they can hunt in the water itself and feed their young. Similarly for Flareon's which live at the foot of volcanoes and warm places (not deserts). Jolteon's living in the Outback/desert with rugged and unforgiving terrain ["Get Along Little Pokemon" comes to mind]. Of all the electrics, he had a Jolteon., which suggests it was the easiest one available. Espeon's and Umbreon's would live in lush forests.
    Wonderful, logical theory there! ^_^ While I still prefer the idea of happiness pokemon needing stimulus to evolve, and stone evolvers needing actual physical contact with the stone (otherwise, they'll live, breed and die eevees for whatever), what you said also makes perfect sense. I hope you come up with more great ideas for your Onix/Steelix article!
    ~Fanfics~

Steelix (Murinus Haganeiru)
    Height: 30” 10”
    Weight: 881 (approx) lbs
    Steelix, also known as the Iron Serpent is a pokemon of the Steel/Ground element. They are large creatures and their natural habitat includes mountains, caves and underground caverns. They have a serpent like shape akin to Ekans and Seviper but are in no way related. The exterior of Steelix seems to be separated into large blocks which become smaller in size from head to tail tip instead of the standard uniform and sleek shape of a serpent. The body is dull gray in color which becomes darker as a Steelix matures. Unlike the bodies of its young, Steelix’s have 3 pair’s of large blunt protrusions from the body which replace the horn that was present when it was an Onix. The use remains the same however; the horns are used in self defense and for digging. It should also be noted that Steelix’s have the tendency to spin rapidly by balancing on its tail, although this is a misconcepton as a Steelix in reality bury's a portion of its body to balance it but nonethelss it is a marvelous feat for such a large creature. This is probably how they dig as well. The Steelix’s head is rather peculiar. Its lower jaw extends in front of its upper jaw and it has a set of 5 interlocking teeth which when seen with the mouth closed make it seem to grin. The top of the head features two small blunt protrusions, possibly dull horns and the neck is surrounded by more blunt protrusions. Its eyes have become much smaller than they were as an Onix and the pupils become red. This is due to the fact that an Onix retires underground for several months before coming out as a matured Steelix.

There are 2 sub-species of Steelix, the Greater Mountain Steelix and the lesser Lowland Steelix. The mountain Steelix is highly territorial and spends most of its time outside surveying its range. If any pokemon ventures into its turf, a Steelix will immediately dispatch it. The lesser Lowland Steelix however, is a bit more tolerant and it is not as territorial as its mountain cousin. Also, unlike its mountain cousin it spends most of its time in caves or underground and rarely ventures out. Steelix’s are herbivores and their main diet consists of the leaves of pine trees (mountain) or deciduous tress (lowland) and shrub bushes. Steelix’s also require a weekly supplement of iron minerals which help to keep its body hard and resistant from most attacks, due to which they have been known to enter old abandoned mines. These mines are also used by females to lay eggs and take care of their young. The mating season begins in the month of April and it is truly a spectacular sight to see as it is the only time that males and females congregate in one area. Here, male Steelix’s will try to woo a suitable female by either a show of strength in which it battles an opposing male or a dance in which it spins rapidly on its tail, literally showing off. A male may mate, with as many as 10 females during this time.

Streelix's are Ovoviviparous. After the mating season, the female begins to eat excessively, to provide food both for herself and her young during the 4 month gestation period. It then digs a cave or uses an old abandoned mine, as mentioned before, as a suitable egg laying spot and prepares to hibernate. After 4 months, it lays 2-3 eggs. By this time the female has lost a lot of weight, so she starts to eat again and collect's vegetation for her young. After 3 days the eggs hatch into baby Onix (7 feet long and weighing in at 85 lbs) whose body is soft and takes 2 months to harden. The mother takes care of her young and protects them from predators for 5 months, after which they are left to fend for themselves.
    Baby Onix eat mainly minerals to harden their bodies for the first few weeks and then switch to eating vegetation that their mother provides. Onix's reach their 'teenage' state in 45 years after which they retire underground and only come out as a matured Steelix whose average lifespan is 85 years. Steelix and Onix have not been kept in captivity due to their large habitat requirements and the difficulty in handling such large creatures.

Advice for trainers: Onix’s have gained the title ‘gentle giants’ due to their general friendliness. It has been a well known fact that Onix’s can easily be trained into loyal partners for pokemon trainers as long as their ‘friendship’ is well nurtured. Though Onix’s can be approached without fear, Steelix’s are to be approached with caution due to their territorial behavior. There have also been rumours of Steelix's living for a 100 yrs and becoming crystaline, though this is a false fact because most Steelix's dont live up to be even 90.
    Last edited by DarkLegend; 20th September 2006 at 8:04 AM.

I really liked that darklegend, it was brilliant.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast