Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Korachu is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

May I reserve the Slowpoke line?

Sure thing, go for it.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Default Article

Slowpoke
    Unda bardus

The Common White Tip Slowpoke (Unda bardus) is a fairly common species of Pokemon that lives around river/lake banks and beaches. It is a pink coloured quadrupel animal which is about a metre long, a foot wide and adult waist high. It has small, stubby feet with a single white toe at the end of each, and has an Urasaring resembling face, with two small curled ears, a cream coloured muzzle with two diagonal nostrils and a mouth containing a large, red tongue and a row of teeth, the most prominent ones being its two fang teeth, and two white eyes, with a single dot forming the pupils. It also has a tail that makes up half of its overall length, with a white tip which distinguishes it from its cousin (more on that later). The part that gives away the most about this animal is its permanent vacant expression.

Slowpoke are known as one of the stupidest Pokemon on the planet, with an average IQ of about sixteen. They are also incredibly lazy. Their typical lifestyle involves lying around on the banks or beaches of their resident water space, dipping their tail into the water. The tail secretes fluid, which attracts the Slowpoke’s food - fish. Once the fish has nibbled the Slowpoke’s tail, the Slowpoke will flick it out of the water and into its mouth. Unfortunately, Slowpoke are also incredibly numb creatures. They may not feel the bite until the next day.

Slowpoke breed during the winter. The males will all gather in a particular spot on the bank/beach, typically in a higher area such as on top of a rock formation or on a log. The females will then watch to see which male can yawn the longest, and will choose the one who can to mate with. The mating season is well placed in time, as the female will lay her egg in spring and the egg shall hatch in the summer. The young Slowpoke is raised by its mother for another three years, at which point it will wander off and find somewhere else to spend their life in their water habitat. Slowpoke are colonial creatures, with huge numbers living together, mainly because the Slowpoke would not be bothered to mate if there was a large amount of walking to get to a certain spot or find a mate. Mating is actually one of the few things that can motivate a Slowpoke to move…

…Whilst evolution is another. Technically, Slowpoke do not evolve, and are a single Pokemon. But they do change in a certain way. There is another Pokemon, Shellder, which is attracted to the Slowpoke’s tail as other fish are. When a Slowpoke is fishing or on the rare occasion it goes swimming, a Shellder may bite on the Slowpoke’s tail, and not let go.

This causes a major change in the Slowpoke, changing it into what is called a Slowbro. Although looking almost exactly the same, Slowbro are very different. For one, the extra weight on their tail means that they must become bipedal, and also develop more powerful muscles, making them a more chunky animal. It must also hunt for food, since it no longer has the convenience of its tail. All these changes are made against the Slowpoke/Slowbro’s will.

There is also another type of evolution. Occasionally, a Slowpoke will find a rare item called a King’s Rock. Slowpoke are attracted to these rocks in a strange manner that has not yet been understood, but Slowpoke will tend to carry these about upon their heads. Shellder are attracted to these even more than Slowpoke, and so when a Slowpoke goes swimming, the Shellder may be motivated to bite the head rather than the tail.

The evolution that triggers is now much more significant. The resulting creature is very similar to a Slowbro, but is, like the Slowbro is to the Slowpoke, very different. The Shellder on the Slowpoke’s head has developed a small red ruby on it. A red and white frill has formed around the Slowpoke’s neck. And, again with the added weight, it is a bipedal creature, but with the weight being on its head, it is much more upright than the Slowbro, which adopts an almost crouching posture. This is a Slowking, named for the way the Shellder forms a “crown” upon the Slowking’s head.

Slowking are also, unlike their cousins, incredibly intelligent, with an IQ matching that of world class scientists, and its day to day activities include solving the mysteries of the world. This intelligence is caused by the fluid used as poison by Shellder to paralyze their prey. But it works amazingly with Slowpoke. When the Shellder bites down, the fluid enters the Slowpoke’s brain, making it super intelligent. This intelligence, by Slowpoke standards, gives Slowking the right to watch over, protect and govern the colony, often in large “committees”. Slowking must help their fellow Slowpoke and Slowbro in times of crisis. Slowking also have their tails free for fishing, but prefer to hunt instead.

There are also several subspecies of Slowpoke, such as the rare Pink Slowpoke, different to the Common White Tip Slowpoke in that it has no white tail tip. Although this could be passed off as a genetic malfunction, seeing as the Pink Slowpoke are the same in every way apart from the tail, it has been observed that Pink Slowpoke, Slowbro and Slowking live in entirely different colonies. There are also Pygmy White Tip Slowpoke and Pygmy Pink Slowpoke, which are only about the size of an adult foot. Again, the only difference is the size, but it has again been observed that these two again live in separate colonies to the other species of Slowpoke. Surprisingly, the Latin name for all the species is exactly the same.

And that wraps up this article. Thanks for reading!

This Idea is.....pure genious. This is so addicting, constantly reading articles, and finding interesting facts--or at least the authors ideas-- about my favorite pokemon.

I might just do a Darkrai article, if no one else is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    Crasher of Hell,Bringer of Heaven.

Hmmm....looks interesting.

I dunno if I'll be too good at this, as I've never tried my hand at encylopeadic articles, but I'd like to reserve Deoxys.
    -The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's merely twice as large as it needs to be. -Click here for my notoriously unread fanfic, Mistress of Ice.
    -Credit to Light Venusaur for the card.
    FC (Jake): 5412 6513 1083 (Even though I rarely use Wi-fi)

Quote Originally Posted by Irith_Locke View Post
    Hmmm....looks interesting.

I dunno if I'll be too good at this, as I've never tried my hand at encylopeadic articles, but I'd like to reserve Deoxys.
    Damn, I wanted to try deoxys....

I'll still take darkrai, though.

I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.

^^^^Sure thing. Looking forward to it.

@Korachu: I really liked the Slowpoke article. Attracting mates by yawning is genius! I only wish it worked in real life :P
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Thanks ^^

May I reserve the Mantyke and Mantine line? Sorry if i'm doing too many articles, by the way. I'll stop at this or after if you wish.

Go for it, your not limited to how many articles you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    sorry that it took me so long x_x. I was really busy. Anyway, here's the Ariados/Spinarak column that was due so long ago ^^;
    ---------------

Ariados (Conduplico Ariados)

Height: 3’7
    Weight: 73’9 lbs

Spinarak (Perbeatusvultus Itomaru)

Height: 1’8
    Weight: 18’7 lbs

Ariados and Spinarak are both bug pokemon that are commonly found in the forest part areas of the Johto region. Both of the spider like pokemon share their very own key elements that makes them different from one and another. Spinarak is often considered to be the “happy face” pokemon, because it has the face of a happy person on it’s back. It also has six legs that are in a bee colour pattern of yellow and black, two small pink grippers, and black eyes that can strike fear into people that have arachnophobia.

Ariados on the other hand, people believe it is a cross breed of a spider and an ant. It has six legs in another colour pattern of purple and yellow, but unlike Spinarak, Ariados’s hind legs are near the rear end, possibly being served as antennae. It also has a small horn on it’s head, small grippers on either side of it’s mouth to use for chewing and grinding food. It also has sharp purple amethyst eyes that glow when the sun/moon light hits them, a yellow stinger on it’s rear end, and a orange and black body colour pattern with two black dots on either side of the stinger. Now usually, the life span of a Spinarak and Ariados are between ten and fifteen years, but in those rare cases, that if it’s super healthy, it can live up to twenty-three years.

Their diet usually resides in berries and bug type pokemon. In the Spinarak stage, their stomachs are too small and don’t have strong enough stomach acid to digest the bug pokemon, so Spinaraks usually eat any kind of berry that they like. Now as they grow into an Ariados, the stomachs get larger and they develop stronger acid for them to digest small bug pokemon. How they do it is quite simple really.

First, they search around the woods they live in (usually looks around the area within a three mile radius), once they set their eyes on a small bug type pokemon (like Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, any bug type pokemon that’s less then a foot and 3 inches), they shoot out a string of very sticky webbing from their mouths, and wrap it around their meal. Once the meal is wrapped in webbing enough for it to unable to move, Ariados pulls it towards it’s mouth. Once the wrapped pokemon gets next to it, usually Ariados just waits for the trapped pokemon to suffocate in the webbing and pass away. Once the meal is… Well, deceased, Ariados gently unwraps the webbing that covers the dead bug pokemon, and eats it. Thanks to the small grinders they have, in case the bug pokemon has a hard shell casing, the grinders will help Ariados crunch up the hard casing and get them to the insides of the bug pokemon. It also helps them chew easier.

The feet on the Ariados legs are like hooks. This helps the Ariados grip well enough onto vertical areas and horizontal areas, like a tree stump, anything that the feet can attach to upside down.

How Spinaraks are born goes like this. Ariadoses can’t make baby Spinaraks by doing…well, you know, so what they do is this. Female Ariadoses have a body part in their system that allows them to carry tiny eggs, since it’s really small, the maximum capacity is usually about 20-40 eggs. The females got the eggs in their system at birth, but the process is slow. It usually takes about four and a half years after the female is born for them to reach labour. Once they are ready to lay the eggs, they find a soft dirt patch in the woods to dig in, and start making a fifteen inch hole.

Now here’s the interesting part, instead of laying the eggs through the back end, the eggs come out from the Ariadoses mouth, kind of like vomiting it out, cause the body part that contains the eggs is connected to their oesophagus. Once the eggs are out of their body, the Ariados makes a thick silk bed on top of the dirt hole to keep the eggs warm for about four to seven weeks. The mother usually sticks close to the dirt hole, because they need to protect the eggs from pokemon or humans that will try to penetrate through the silk blanket. Then the eggs will hatch, and the mother will nurture them until they are big and healthy enough to go out into the woods on their own. Which is about seven to eleven months. Usually only four to ten eggs hatch, for the reasons why, it is unknown to the scientists of today.
    ---------------------------------

Since I might not be able to come up with any ideas for the Ryhorn and Rhydon section, remove my name from it, and give it to someody else ^^. But I would like to give it a shot for the Dragon type section, if it's alright ^^;
    1. You refer to two Pokemon with in the same line as separate species would be impossible and is not only contradictory but essentially nonsensical
    2. You contradict yourself by saying they are completely different yet stating that one is born from the other
    3. You violated some of the basic claws of Pokemon by saying that they asexually reproduce

4. You really could have explained the level 2 Ariados in Johto
    5. You use the word “Ariadoses”. Ariados, like all Pokemon (and the word Pokemon itself) is the same in the singular and plural forms.
    and
    6. The scientific names are totally nonsensical and relate the two Pokemon as being at least not in the same family which, as stated before is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libie View Post
    Well, here's Dragonite! It's not as good as the Dewgong one (methinks) but meh...

Dragonite Draconis icarus

(Icarus, is, of course, the guy in Greek mythology who drowned because he flew too close to the sun)

Dragonite is exceptionally elusive and many myths surround it even now, making it a desirable Pokémon to add to any collection. A scaled mammal, it had been considered a reptile for hundreds of years, until modern sensors detected a pituitary gland capable of maintaining homeostasis. Usually a shade of orange, with a lighter underbelly, green wing membranes, clawed front paws, and white antennae, this showy colouring helped Pokémon experts to classify it as a carnivore, at the top of its food chain, despite the fact that it had never been seen hunting. The first Dragonite ever captured, in 1999, helped scientists to confirm their assumptions, and identify its diet as one consisting mainly of fish Pokémon, such as Remoraid, rich in fatty oils. Experts believe that these fatty oils, essential in maintaining a healthy brain, is what gives Dragonite exceptionally good short-term memory and problem-solving skills.

Towering at 7’3” (just over 2 meters), with a wingspan of 5’ (1 ˝ meters), Dragonite are however extremely placid Pokémon, who never battle unless captured. Solitary, Dragonite do not need a set territory due to its amazing endurance during flight, which allows it to, famously, ‘circle the globe in sixteen hours’. This also means that the Dragonite does not ‘belong’ to any place on Earth, but we know that they originated in Kanto. Extremely kind-hearted, Dragonite will often help Pokémon or humans in need, and will protect lost eggs until they hatch. They like to sleep in caves under the sea when they feel the need to rest, which is only very rarely. They are in demand by various Pokémon Leagues as messengers due to their speed and intelligence.

Mature Dragonite bulls will fly to Kanto every year to reproduce. The female, despite being a mammal, lays two or three eggs after a pregnancy that lasts a year. The eggs are the size of a human head, plain and white with a two-inch-thick shell, and are prized by collectors worldwide. The females then carefully bury the eggs, and will watch over her nest for six months, the time needed for them to hatch. In this period the female will hardly eat at all, surviving off the fat she accumulated during her pregnancy. Since Dragonite are the top predators in Kanto, the survival rate of hatchlings is very high. To crack its shell, the baby has to pound hard against it, developing its strength for later in life.

Dragonite are blessed with incredibly long lifespans, ranging to five hundred years in age. A baby Dragonite is called a Dratini, and looks nothing like its parent. Blue in colour and having the appearance of a slightly chubby, 5’11” (1m55) snake, Dratini are far less powerful also and are independent at hatching. Dratini constantly grows and sheds its skin to accommodate its size; they constantly do so at intervals of around two weeks until its evolution. Dratini live in shallow lakes or rivers and hunt small prey such as Goldeen until its evolution, at around thirty years of age. Dratini then become slimmer, grow orbs on its throat and tail, small wings as ears and a pointed horn. Dragonair contain enormous amounts of energy inside its body, which it sometimes discharges through its crystals. The orbs are priceless as they allow Dragonair to control the weather; crushed, they are used in many life-saving cures. However, taking a Dragonair’s orbs kills it; this form of over hunting drove it to the brink of extinction millennia ago, leading scientists to recently label them as myth only to be proved wrong. Dragonair can fly, and have enough experience to master attacks such as Dragon Rage instead of simply using its powerful body like it did as a Dratini. Dragonair are almost mythically gentle, docile Pokémon, and are considered beautiful and a perfect pet by many women. Dragonair also hunts flying Pokémon such as Pidgey, and due to this varied diet and new attacking power, Dratini which successfully evolve almost always survives to adulthood.

After a hundred years as a Dragonair, the Pokémon is ready to evolve. The process of evolving from a Dragonair to a Dragonite takes over two years, and during this period the Dragonair will find a cave deep under the sea, seal itself in and hibernate until fully evolved. Experts still cannot understand how the evolution process takes place in wild Dragonair; capturing a Dragonair in a Pokéball causes its evolution to take place rapidly, under a bright glow. Once evolved, it will immediately take to the sky to find a mate. Unlike what many romantics think, Dragonite do not mate for life; they meet, reproduce, then part ways. (It should be noted, though, that some young men find this method very romantic also.)
    Perfect exept how is Dragonite a mammal when it is a Water 1/Dragon egg group ,the pokemon equivelnty of Non Fish or Crustacean pokemon and Reptiles respectively?
    Last edited by SporeGames; 13th August 2008 at 9:38 AM.

(Counts as double posting but I consider this a separate subject)

Anyone know if we could make "Pokemon Planet"-esque mockumentraies that show the information presented here in a more fanfictiony and story like light , side similar to Dragonfree's (the Pokemon equivalent of Hydromancerx) Syther story. We could go into Pokempon culture, religion, politics and life style with more detail than ever before even going all Merkat Manor at time and revisiting a single group multiple times. so what do you say?

This is an amazing idea. I've had a read of some aeticles and I like this!

May I reserve the Regis (regirock, regice and registeel)?

Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam View Post
    This is an amazing idea. I've had a read of some articles and I like this!

May I reserve the Regis (regirock, regice and registeel)?
    I believe there lineage (and religious connotation) may call for an article in the Pokemon Bible (the mythological version of this) as well
    That self replicating nano machines capable of free will and advanced computing beyond anything we could create spontaneously developed with out the intervention of a sapient body of any kind...yeah that makes sense

Anyone know if we could make "Pokemon Planet"-esque mockumentraies that show the information presented here in a more fanfictiony and story like light , side similar to Dragonfree's (the Pokemon equivalent of Hydromancerx) Syther story. We could go into Pokempon culture, religion, politics and life style with more detail than ever before even going all Merkat Manor at time and revisiting a single group multiple times. so what do you say?
    It sounds like a good idea and I would be down for giving it a try, but im not sure how many other people would be.
    BTW have you review any of my articles? And how come you havent writen any yourself? Or have I just missed them/it?

It sounds like a good idea and I would be down for giving it a try, but im not sure how many other people would be.
    BTW have you review any of my articles? And how come you havent writen any yourself? Or have I just missed them/it?

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Well it's because the articles you write are, no offence, boring. Unlike TPs articles which anger me to the point of murder, and the dude who wrote Unown who inspired me to greatness, your articles are simply too dull to review.Try putting in a concept that isn’t about a specific Pokemon (line) like Missingno or the Pokerus (it still has of yet explain the effort point doubling). May I suggest Pokemon taxonomy and a proper system of scientific classification?
    That self replicating nano machines capable of free will and advanced computing beyond anything we could create spontaneously developed with out the intervention of a sapient body of any kind...yeah that makes sense

Fair enough, to each his own, any tips to make them better. But what is the point including Pokerus in an article when it can have its own? So why have you not written one?

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Fair enough, to each his own, any tips to make them better. But what is the point including Pokerus in an article when it can have its own? So why have you not written one?
    That’s what I said, expand upon the Pokerus article. But seriously what I would enjoy is an evolutionary history (Darwin not Satoshi) of the egg groups. You would need to make a grid determining crosses between the groups (I made one but I ate it... long story) try the breeding section of the Pokedex or even better the Pokedex guide. Oh and it would be cool if you joined the Pokemon Bible.

Sorry, You, but due to my extreme laziness, I am unable to do the darkrai article...

Default Regi Article Completed

Its pretty long, but it was of three Pokemon so I guess its okay.

The Ancient Golems
    Regirock: Antiquus silicis
    Regice: Antiquus glacies
    Registeel: Antiquus chalybs
    The Ancient Golems (Order name: Antiquus), alternatively named “The Regis” is a group of three Pokemon species classified by their silicon-based molecules, Golem-resembling bodies and peculiar dot like markings, of which all species have seven. The dot’s purposes are also shared between the Golems: Two act as eyes, allowing the species to see, another two act as ears whilst two more work as nostrils. The final dot is a mouth, but since Regis do not need to eat and flash all their dots to communicate with other Regis, its purpose is unknown, but a typical theory is that it is used as communication with other species other than themselves should the need arise.

Although Regis are very uncommon where they live but not particularly rare, all three species live in barely habitable places, being the centre of the largest deserts, the poles, and incredibly deep inside rainforests. The Golems tend to move about on specific circle-shaped paths. One noted archaeologist exploring deep in the rainforest came about a Registeel doing such behaviour. He happened to be keeping a diary on the expedition. This entry is of the day he found the Registeel:

28th march, 1979

Today I felt we were getting close to the Ancient Realm. Yes! After all these months I finally felt we were close. And I was assured of it by what happened today. We came across an odd, silvery creature, It was moving about in a slight curve, indicating the route must be going around something. We carefully followed it outside the perimeter in the foliage, out of view, when Jonathon crept out behind it, still outside the perimeter, yet suddenly tripped whilst doing so. Yet the creature moved on, as if it hadn’t heard. Confused, we cautiously went to join him. Peterson even walked next to the creature, but it just kept walking, like a machine.

We decided to ignore it, and go inside the “circle”. Alex stepped in, when we heard an ear splitting screech. We turned to see the silver creature had turned, and was flashing red orbs on its “face” It screeched again, a noise so piercing, we ran out of the circle, and back into the foliage.

This indicates that the Regi may have been guarding something. Indeed, many people have succeeded in sneaking past the Regis and finding temples inside the circle, containing only mysterious imprints on the wall, similar to the Regi’s dots.

This article shall now cover each Golem separately.

Regirock
    Antiquus silicis
    Regirock live in the ancient ruins located in the Sahara Desert. Their sensory dots are arranged in an “H” shape, and their body is made entirely of rocks and stone. These rocks are all from different desert regions, indicating how vast their path is since when their rocks are lost in combat, they will rebuild using nearby rocks. Regirock are the more melee attack- based Golem, usually giving chase to intruders rather than attacking from a distance. They are awfully strong, and should the intruder not get out of the circle in time, the Golems crush them and throw them far. Recent discoveries show that more Golems lie dormant inside the desert temples, awakened when certain mechanisms are activated by an intruder walking in. These ruins contain the same language as all the others, yet on the ground is an enormous?*H formation, similar to the Regirock’s dots.

Regice
    Antiquus glacies

Regice have currently been found in Antarctica. The dots of the Regice are arranged in a + formation. The Regi is made completely of ice, and its movements are the jauntiest of all the Golems, since its body is very blocky, moving similar to a slow robot. Because of this they are also the slowest Regi and their attacks are ranged, dealing a single Ice Beam attack to intruders. Since they do not throw their opponents away like the Regirock, one can find large numbers of frozen corpses scattered around the ice ruins. Regice do not lie dormant inside the temples like Regirock, but instead are actually built when intruders are found. The + formation can also be found on the temples floor.

Registeel
    Antiquus chalybs

Registeel live very deep in the South American rainforests. Their dots are displayed as a hexagon, and their body is made of not steel as the people who named it thought, but a mysterious, unknown substance, harder than any metal in existence yet more flexible than elastic. They are the most smooth moving of Regis, moving much more naturally than the other two species, and is also the fastest. It also incorporates both melee and ranged attacks. The temples of Registeel are full of Registeel that are active, unlike the dormant Regirock and actually non existent Regice. It ahs the same dot language as the other ruins and the Registeel’s hexagonal formation.

Explanations

The behaviour and makeup of the Regis suggests that they are not natural. The fact that they guard ruins and the mysterious markings suggest that they were actually built by ancient humans as protectors, yet how they gained the technology to do so is a mystery. The H, + and hexagon of the species suggest markings of different clans of sorts, relating to where the Regis came from. Indeed, there is an underwater cave in the south Pacific that has all three markings on the floor arranged in a triangle, and in the middle all of them combined to make a new symbol, relating to the way these clans may have been close, and the strange language and diagrams of the Regis imprinted on the wall. This cave is also in the middle of South America, Africa and Antarctica where the Regis live. Currently researchers are decoding the language, now known as “Braille” To help us understand these Golems.

Whatever they are, The Ancient Golems are a mysterious order indeed.

1. You refer to two Pokemon with in the same line as separate species would be impossible and is not only contradictory but essentially nonsensical
    2. You contradict yourself by saying they are completely different yet stating that one is born from the other
    3. You violated some of the basic claws of Pokemon by saying that they asexually reproduce

4. You really could have explained the level 2 Ariados in Johto
    5. You use the word “Ariadoses”. Ariados, like all Pokemon (and the word Pokemon itself) is the same in the singular and plural forms.
    and
    6. The scientific names are totally nonsensical and relate the two Pokemon as being at least not in the same family which, as stated before is impossible.

Uh dude, this was made over a year (or almost two years) ago, so of course I made some errors on it, I can't get all of it right =/. But I do respect your critism
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 17th August 2008 at 9:40 AM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

YES!! Finally I finished one of the overdue articles! @_@ This one is bout the Legendary pokémon Latios and Latias, and trust me, it was vey hard to write an article on. Enjoy people ^^;
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latios (Curatorfrator Ratiosu)

Height: 6’07
    Weight: 132.3lbs

Latias (Patronussanctimoniallis Ratiasu)

Height: 4’07
    Weight: 88.2lbs

Latios and Latias are two psychic-dragon type legendary pokémon that resides in the Hoenn region, a specific place however can not be determined because Latios and Latias move from one place to the other at a random pace, considered a very good thing for them cause that way they will be extremely difficult to catch for trainers who want to be the best, and hunters because for them, catching legendary pokemon will equal a giant sum of money. The words “Patronus” and “Curator” derive from the Latin words “Sister” and “Brother”, cause of the main fact Latios and Latias are in ways brother and sister, in which they protect each other and are nearly identical.

Latios is often considered the “Brother” of the two, having a unique body shape that resembles somewhat of a pale blue/grey futuristic dragon in with the blue parts only covering his main body, back, upper half of the head, tail, and upper half of his arms. Leaving the grey parts on the neck and shoulder areas, lower half of the head, ears, upper portions of the arm, and the lower half of the forearms. Latios also has red glaring eyes that show a sign of being a protector, a grey spot on it’s forehead that’s in the shape of an upside down egg that only covers the center part of the forehead, wings that resemble the tail wings of an airplane, ears that look like a ribbon upside down, a red triangle symbol on it’s chest, and it’s arms are something that’s really hard to explain. All I can say bout them is that the upper half arms resemble small grey cylinder shapes, while the forearm is in the shape of an oval, with the upper half being pale blue, bottom half grey, and three claws protrude like any dragon pokemon should have. Latios can also retract his arm into his body whenever he’s in flight, in a way to reduce drag and have more speed. The tail is also something that is interesting of both Latios and Latias, think of Latios’s tail as two spike bushes bout a feet apart with the cone shaped tail in the middle. Latios is a very intriguing creature in terms of appearance, and you know what, so is Latias.

You can already tell that Latias is the sister of the duo, it almost looks like Latios in every single way, but there are some key aspects that make it unique from Latios. For one thing, Latias’s colour is red and white, in a way representing Latias’s cheerful and playful mood, the the triangle symbol on her is blue, and her eyes are bright amber coloured. There’s also the fact the spot on her forehead is in the shape of a badge, she’s smaller then Latios, and the tail designs is reminiscent of ends of a ribbon.

Most people who managed to capture the two legendary pokémon claim that whenever they fold they’re arms close to they’re body, they’re speed increases so dramatically that they’re faster then a jet, and what’s even more interesting is that there are reports that they can perform active camouflage or take on the appearance of a human being by enfolding they’re body in a glass coat and refracting light in unique ways. It is also believed that both Latios and Latias are very intelligent creatures, and have unique abilities of they’re own. According to legends, Latias is very sensitive to emotions of people and can communicate with them telepathically, along with the fact if she senses any kind of hostility, she ruffles her feathers and makes a shrilly cry to intimidate her foe, while Latios can understand the human language and can open his heart to a trainer who has a compassionate heart. It’s also believed that the two can share they’re sights with each other to, and can fly to an elevation of twenty thousand feet.

It’s unclear of how Latios and Latias give birth to children, but there is one legend that seems to be the most unusual to some professors, while at the same time logical to others. The legend states that when one of them passes away, they’re souls turn into a special kind of dew that has the soul of the deceased sibling, and the soul of the dew will shed a special tear that will morph into a pokémon egg, with the new sibling inside the egg. Kind of like reincarnation, only more complicated.

They’re diet is also something hard to explain, though many people assume that since they are gentle creatures, they are in ways herbivores, eating berries and other plant like items that give them nutrition. It is often known that they either travel in small groups of other pokémon or the two travel solo, and since they have the camoflauge ability, they often don’t get spotted. It’s also seen that Latias is often the more playful type, who’s often curious and loves to play around with people and other pokémon, while Latios is calmer one who often tries to get Latias out of trouble.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 18th August 2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam View Post
    Its pretty long, but it was of three Pokemon so I guess its okay.

The Ancient Golems
    Regirock: Antiquus silicis
    Regice: Antiquus glacies
    Registeel: Antiquus chalybs
    The Ancient Golems (Order name: Antiquus), alternatively named “The Regis” is a group of three Pokemon species classified by their silicon-based molecules, Golem-resembling bodies and peculiar dot like markings, of which all species have seven. The dot’s purposes are also shared between the Golems: Two act as eyes, allowing the species to see, another two act as ears whilst two more work as nostrils. The final dot is a mouth, but since Regis do not need to eat and flash all their dots to communicate with other Regis, its purpose is unknown, but a typical theory is that it is used as communication with other species other than themselves should the need arise.

Although Regis are very uncommon where they live but not particularly rare, all three species live in barely habitable places, being the centre of the largest deserts, the poles, and incredibly deep inside rainforests. The Golems tend to move about on specific circle-shaped paths. One noted archaeologist exploring deep in the rainforest came about a Registeel doing such behaviour. He happened to be keeping a diary on the expedition. This entry is of the day he found the Registeel:

28th march, 1979

Today I felt we were getting close to the Ancient Realm. Yes! After all these months I finally felt we were close. And I was assured of it by what happened today. We came across an odd, silvery creature, It was moving about in a slight curve, indicating the route must be going around something. We carefully followed it outside the perimeter in the foliage, out of view, when Jonathon crept out behind it, still outside the perimeter, yet suddenly tripped whilst doing so. Yet the creature moved on, as if it hadn’t heard. Confused, we cautiously went to join him. Peterson even walked next to the creature, but it just kept walking, like a machine.

We decided to ignore it, and go inside the “circle”. Alex stepped in, when we heard an ear splitting screech. We turned to see the silver creature had turned, and was flashing red orbs on its “face” It screeched again, a noise so piercing, we ran out of the circle, and back into the foliage.

This indicates that the Regi may have been guarding something. Indeed, many people have succeeded in sneaking past the Regis and finding temples inside the circle, containing only mysterious imprints on the wall, similar to the Regi’s dots.

This article shall now cover each Golem separately.

Regirock
    Antiquus silicis
    Regirock live in the ancient ruins located in the Sahara Desert. Their sensory dots are arranged in an “H” shape, and their body is made entirely of rocks and stone. These rocks are all from different desert regions, indicating how vast their path is since when their rocks are lost in combat, they will rebuild using nearby rocks. Regirock are the more melee attack- based Golem, usually giving chase to intruders rather than attacking from a distance. They are awfully strong, and should the intruder not get out of the circle in time, the Golems crush them and throw them far. Recent discoveries show that more Golems lie dormant inside the desert temples, awakened when certain mechanisms are activated by an intruder walking in. These ruins contain the same language as all the others, yet on the ground is an enormous?*H formation, similar to the Regirock’s dots.

Regice
    Antiquus glacies

Regice have currently been found in Antarctica. The dots of the Regice are arranged in a + formation. The Regi is made completely of ice, and its movements are the jauntiest of all the Golems, since its body is very blocky, moving similar to a slow robot. Because of this they are also the slowest Regi and their attacks are ranged, dealing a single Ice Beam attack to intruders. Since they do not throw their opponents away like the Regirock, one can find large numbers of frozen corpses scattered around the ice ruins. Regice do not lie dormant inside the temples like Regirock, but instead are actually built when intruders are found. The + formation can also be found on the temples floor.

Registeel
    Antiquus chalybs

Registeel live very deep in the South American rainforests. Their dots are displayed as a hexagon, and their body is made of not steel as the people who named it thought, but a mysterious, unknown substance, harder than any metal in existence yet more flexible than elastic. They are the most smooth moving of Regis, moving much more naturally than the other two species, and is also the fastest. It also incorporates both melee and ranged attacks. The temples of Registeel are full of Registeel that are active, unlike the dormant Regirock and actually non existent Regice. It ahs the same dot language as the other ruins and the Registeel’s hexagonal formation.

Explanations

The behaviour and makeup of the Regis suggests that they are not natural. The fact that they guard ruins and the mysterious markings suggest that they were actually built by ancient humans as protectors, yet how they gained the technology to do so is a mystery. The H, + and hexagon of the species suggest markings of different clans of sorts, relating to where the Regis came from. Indeed, there is an underwater cave in the south Pacific that has all three markings on the floor arranged in a triangle, and in the middle all of them combined to make a new symbol, relating to the way these clans may have been close, and the strange language and diagrams of the Regis imprinted on the wall. This cave is also in the middle of South America, Africa and Antarctica where the Regis live. Currently researchers are decoding the language, now known as “Braille” To help us understand these Golems.

Whatever they are, The Ancient Golems are a mysterious order indeed.
    Great issue I had some beefs but you summed them all up pretty nicely
    1. The Regi's genera. I was going to go medieval on ya but then I remembered that as no egg group pokemon the Regis can essentially be whatever you want
    2. The fact that you were drifting from canon a bit but brought it back with the explanations
    But may I request a follow up
    a) The multiple Regis confuse me deeply
    b) I dig the temple talk but the locations seem off. There are only 8 known temples: Snowpoint Temple, the three in Hoenn with the legends those selves the "main temple" in the route 134 currents (technically south pacific so ill let that slide) and the three temples of the Japanese secret event which are in Sinnoh.
    (Do you know that the Regis correlate to the stone, ice, and iron ages respectively with Regigigas correlating with Pangaea? Not to look down but the blurb was fun
    d) with all this legend talk you could easily do an article abut there history for the pokemon bible(as in now) it was made to support the more mythological aspects of the pokemon world sort of like a legend dex or Xenotome

Sorry for the double post, but I got really excited about it and just wrote it then and there.

My article about the Bell and Wind Chime pokemon respectively, Chingling/Chimecho.

Chingling (mons montis campana)
    The Bell Pokemon
    National Pokedex Number: 433

Average height: 8 inches (20 centimetres)
    Average weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kilograms)
    Habitat: Mountainous areas, (see article for information on different species)
    Diet: Berries, Nuts and fruit-bearing plant leaves.
    Behaviour: Predominantly nocturnal, prey to certain larger pokemon.

There are currently two known species of Chingling, the Northern Chingling, which is known to live in mountainous areas which are covered in snow all year round and incidentally the first discovered species of Chingling. The discovery was made by the now famous explorer Walter Smythe, he noted his discovery in his journal:

February 18th, 1928

We finally made it over the ridge today and we are nearing the peak of Mt. Coronet, they said it was impossible to climb, but I'm about to make history by doing it. It was here at the new camp that I made a quite odd discovery, a group of unfamiliar pokemon were hopping gaily as if unaffected by the cold I was certainly feeling. Every time they hopped, they made a ringing noise like Ching-a-ling, Ching-a-ling. If this was indeed a newly discovered pokemon, that's what I'd call it. They looked unlike anything I have ever seen, amazingly small, the biggest I saw I estimated at around ten inches, small pale yellow bell like heads with beady black eyes and a wide grin, they also appeared to wear white and orange ribbons on their heads. Most strange.

The other noted species of Chingling is the Smythe Chingling, and most commonly seen Chingling as it lives in rocky mountainous areas rather than snow capped peaks. The Smythe Chingling was also discovered by Walter Smythe, as he returned victorious from his mission to climb Mt. Coronet, he spotted the same pokemon as he had up the mountain, but these were different. The Smythe Chingling, whilst almost identical in height, weight and anatomy, has a different outer colouration. Whereas the Northern variety has a pale yellow head, the Smythe has an orangey yellow head and the 'ribbon', which has been recently revealed as an antennae used to propel it's psychic abilities, is a deep red in place of the orange. It has been hypothesised that the difference in colouration is merely an evolutionary response to the vastly different environments, the Northern Chingling, which receives little sunlight therefore develops a lighter skin tone, whereas the Smythe Chingling, which receives an increased amount of sunlight, therefore develops a darker skin tone.

As a prey pokemon, both species of Chingling have certain ways to defend themselves against larger predators. The Chingling have developed sacs in the back of the throat, when threatened, the Chingling can agitate this sac which creates a sonic vibration strong enough to stun a predator for many minutes, this defence cry has been measured to be in excess of 130 decibels, enough to cause extreme pain. During the time the predator(s) are stunned, the group of Chingling (known as a monastery of Chingling) will relocate.

Although these pokemon are the pre-evolved form of the pokemon Chimecho, the two don't live together in groups, when recently birthed is the only exception to this. When an age of around four to six weeks has been reached, the parent Chimecho will remove the Chingling from their group and force them into a Chingling monastery, where the peace loving, docile creatures always except the new member.

Chingling are odd in the way that they achieve evolution. They are in the small group of pokemon that can only evolve when a deep personal connection is felt between another pokemon, person or object, stranger still, evolution can only happen at night. It has been hypothesised that the lunar energy acts as a catalyst to the evolution. This process of forming a personal connection has been found to be quicker when a Chingling is under the care of a pokemon trainer, giving base to the large numbers of Chingling in the wild.

Chimecho (mons montis ventus)
    The Wind Chime Pokemon
    National Pokedex Number: 358

Average height: 24 inches (60 centimetres)
    Average weight: 2.2 lbs (0.99 kilograms)
    Habitat: Mountainous areas, (see article for information on different species)
    Diet: Berries, Nuts and fruit-bearing plant leaves.
    Behaviour: Predominantly nocturnal, prey to certain larger pokemon.

The two species of Chimecho are the same as their pre-evolved counterparts. The Northern Chimecho, which find home on snow covered mountains and the Smythe Chimecho which live further down the mountain in more rocky environments.

The evolved pokemon still retain the small head that their pre-evolved forms had, however it has changed from the evolution, the Northern Chimecho has a green body, which acts as useful camouflage when anchored in trees, the Chimecho has a circular yellow pad on the top of its head which is covered in a natural adhesive produced from glands under the pads surface, this adhesive allows it to stay anchored on things such as trees, from that position it uses its highly dexterous tail to grab nuts and berries and feed itself as its arms are much to short to perform such a task. It has been hypothesised that the red colouration on the end of a Chimecho tail is because of the sheer amount of blood gathering when it anchors itself onto trees. The Smythe Chimecho has exactly the same features, but sports a royal blue outer colouring opposed to its northern counterpart.

The two species of Chimecho share the same living habits as the Chingling they evolved from only they always form a separate colony, (known as a monastery of Chimecho) you will never see a Chingling living amongst a Chimecho monastery, the only exception is when the Chingling is recently birthed. Due of the conditions in which they evolve (that being when it has attained a deep personal connection with another pokemon, person or object and is during the night) Chimecho are rather rare because in an entire lifetime, a Chingling may not form such a connection and evolve. This has lead to legislation against the hunting of Chimecho. A monastery can only exist when seven or more Chimecho are gathered and living in one place, and one monastery atop Mount Pyre in the Hoenn region has a recorded thirty four Chimecho gathered, the largest known monastery since the pokemons discovery.

As the Chimecho has better developed Psychic abilities, it is a more prodigious battler than the Chingling, using a wide variety or manoeuvres to deter predators, it still has the ability to produce the same cry as the Chingling, but it's use is lessened due to the Chimecho need to prove ones self in battle to earn respect within its monastery, the public use of the cry to deter a predator rather than defeat it is looked down upon in the community.

The Chimecho, now with bolstered psychic abilities, levitates to achieve movement rather than the hop of the Chingling. This way of movement is sometimes used in conjunction with air currents to travel long distances to other mountain colonies, or to evade capture from predators, although the Chimecho will always try to defeat or deter the predator using its psychic powers or its cry before attempting to flee.

Due to the odd method of evolution that not every Chingling attains, the ones that do evolve will always keep that pokemon, person or object with them at all times and will pine when that pokemon, person or object is missing for any length of time.

The last reported number of Chimecho in existence was as low as four hundred and seventy eight.
    Skogsrĺ

Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

Author's Profile

Great in all aspects. although I will take thsi as an opertunity to remarke on something. If a pre evoled pokemon is essentialy the young of that pokemon why are Pokemon within and evoline shown as seprate species. which bring sbe to my next issue. Teh fact That shiny pokemon have not been acounted for this shall b explaine din my next post.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast