Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

ok ill add the evo extensions to their articles and add the Qwilfish one

sorry its been so long, I completly forgot.

please can I reserve the machamp line?

-------------------------------------------------

Dodrio (Tripertitus Caesaries)
    Height: 5’11’’ Weight: 188 lbs

Dodrio is a tall flying type pokemon that lives for 55 years on average. The most noticeable trait of Dodrio is the fact that it has three heads, these heads have long, sharp beaks which Dodrio uses for catching prey or defending itself.
    Each head is covered with orange fur and has two black feathers which are used for sensing things around it. Its body is also covered in orange fur, with the exception of the fore legs which shows its black skin. It has three pink tail feathers with a unique bone structure.

Despite not having any wings Dodrio can still fly, it uses it incredible muscle in its legs to jump into the air. Once airborne it uses its powerful muscles to franticly flap its tale feathers and due to its unique bone structure in them it can stay airborne for at least twenty seconds when trained properly.
    Dodrio tend to live in herds of three to five. To make sure they are safe all of the Dodrio will have at least one head awake at night to keep a watch out.
    Each of Dodrio's three heads have a separate brain, there will usually be one superior head which tends to split up the fights between the other two. Dodrio is one of the fastest pokemon on land; it can run up to speeds of forty miles per hour.
    Dodrio will usually eat berrys and bug pokemon, Dodrio have been known to take on scyther/pinsir.

Dodrio mate 5 times a year and can have as many as two hundred different sexual partners in a life time.
    The female Dodrio gestation period is 2 months; they tend to lay five to ten eggs which takes 1 month to hatch. While guarding the egg female Dodrio are especially viscous as many predators try to steal the extremely nutritious egg.

A baby Dodrio is referred to as a Doduo. These only have two heads but are still covered with thick orange fur. They don’t have any tail feathers of feathers sticking out of there head. Doduo cannot fly but it can still jump amazingly. The parents leave a Doduo once it is 6 years old. Doduo still eat berrys and bug pokemon but they would never dare take on a scyther or pinsir, to do so would almost certainly mean death.
    Doduo generally evolve once they reach sexual maturity at 15 years old, when a Doduo evolves one of its heads will split leaving one matured head and two heads which are more childish.

I would like to reserve Mankey and Primeape please.
    Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?
    EXACTLY!
    Torkoal is my Bishie

STEW'S A PIMP!!!

Hmm... This looks interesting. Count me in.

I'll go ahead and take my 2 favorites, Kecleon and Snorunt, since they haven't been touched.

And I might as well do Glaile too.

Here is the Korinku line.

Korinku (Felis litus)
    Rukushio (Felis thundrus)
    Rentoraa (Felis thorus)
    Life expectancy- 18-22 years 30-33 years in captivity
    Sexual Maturity- 12-14 months
    # of young- 2-4

Habitat- You will find Korinku, Rukushio, and Rentoraa in deep woods, away from most people. They make their homes in underground dens, decomposing trees, and caves. They are very well known in the world, and can be found in every continent, except Antarctica.

Appearance- Korinkus, Rukushios, and Rentoraas are blue, black, and yellow, a product of different pulses of electricity running through its body. They have thin fur, that grow in different speeds depending on the gender. The end of their tails are almost star shaped.
    Unlike most pokemon, Korinkus, Rukushios, and Rentoraas are shiny due to a generic defect. While growing inside their eggs, electric pulses run through their bodies. The pulses normally run straight from left to right, but in the defect, the pulses run on an angle. This disrupts the color changing process that occurs, and changes the color.

Diet- These pokemon are pure carnivores. As Korinkus, they feast on small birds, squirrels, and young rabbits. Once they evolve, they rely on adult rabbits, small mammals, and even other electric pokemon for their diet. They eat electric pokemon because it keeps the electric pulse in their bodies running. But once they are Rentoraas, they feast on large mammals. They no longer feed on electric pokemon, because the electricity isn’t enough to keep their system stable. Instead, they use their own electricity to attract thunderstorms. The lightning produced from these thunderstorms is drawn to its body, and reboots its system.

Breeding- All three pokemon are able to produce young, but only after sexual maturity is reached. This is when the Korinku is 12-14 months old. Although all three of the pokemon can produce live young, it is unhealthy for the young to be born unless the mother is a Rentoraa. If not, the young become weak, and their stats are lower.
    The young is born from eggs. Once the female lays them, the male incubates them, and shocks them with a powerful electrical attack. Depending on how the electricity hits the eggs, decides if the young is shiny or not, male or female, and what stats it has.

Ok, here's my Smoochum/Jynx article. It's not as lengthy as my first, but, it turned out OK. It was hard to explain some things

Smoochum (Homunculus frigus liber)
    Jynx (Homunculus frigus oracles)
    Smoochum Height: 1ft 4in Weight: 13.2 lbs
    Jynx Height: 3ft 3in Weight: 71.4 lbs

Humanoid, and mammalian, Smoochum are an oddity in that there are only females of this species in existence. Smoochum live in caves, normally is cooler climes. Where ever a Smoochum lives, their must be a decent-sized, potable body of water in close distance. Standing between 1 and 2 feet, Smoochum resemble diminutive human children. A thick, blonde coif adorns a small, round head. Smoochum’s skin coloration varies between a light pink, and a deep lavender. A large pair of human-like eyes, and a round pair of human-like lips make up a Smoochum’s face. Smoochum’s torso and lower body are comprised of rounded arms, a round hind-end, and tiny feet. It’s lips are the most sensitive spot on it’s body, and it constantly pressed them against anything new it comes across in order to become familiar with it. This action has earned it the classification of “the Kiss Pokemon”. Smoochum eat a strictly vegetarian diet, and can subsist on fungus when a harsh winter causes de-vegetation in it’s territory. Thriving in colder climes, Smoochum have an internal organ that create cold breath. All Smoochum also have an innate psychic ability. Any predators are usually confused by Smoochum’s psychic powers, or frozen by it’s icy breath. Smoochum’s only real predator comes in the form of Sneasel and Weavile (Javas feles). These predators are not deterred by Smoochum’s confusing array of psychic powers, or it’s freezing breath.??Smoochum normally live in a pair with it’s parent Jynx.
    Smoochum undergoes a number of changes during evolution. It’s hair grows very long, it’s face widens and it’s lips take on a more human form. In the midst of evolution, Jynx psychically envelope themselves in a red cloth-like “dress” with a bodice. It’s forearms become sheathed in an permafrost gauntlet, giving it superior abilities to control ice and cold. It’s hands grow from the, seemingly useless, rounded stubs that Smoochum is born with, into a fully-functioning, five digit hand not unlike your own. Jynx’s legs are rarely seen, as it’s “dress” is full length. Their legs are, however, just like the rest of their bodies: covered in purple skin, and humanoid. Little is known about the Jynx “dress” that grows from it’s psychic powers, but, it is thought that they are instilled with a sense of human-like modesty upon evolution. Jynx remain vegetarian as their former form, opting to eat berries, roots, vegetables and fungus. Rarely do Jynx have to defend themselves against predators, as their humanoid appearance tends to drive them off. The “problem” of the non-existence of any males of the species is not a problem at all. Jynx can readily mate with males of other species of Pokémon similar to themselves. Mr.Mime (classification currently unknown), Hitmonchan (also currently unclassified) are just two of the Pokémon a Jynx is genetically compatible with. Gestation in s Jynx is five months long, with the eggs hatching within a month after being laid. Husbandry with a Jynx always results in a Smoochum being born, furthering their lineage. Although they are Pokémon, and Pokémon are known to have limited vocalizations, Jynx have seemed to create a language that is structured and vast. However, they only use it amongst themselves, and will revert to normal vocalizations when addressing any other species. Though Smoochum can be found , rather easily, (in the Sinnoh region) Jynx are rarely found in the wild. They are thought to be reclusive, and only one known place houses a population of Jynx: a cave located in the Johto region.
    ***New Signature To Come***

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrukario View Post
    Here is the Korinku line.

Korinku (Felis litus)
    Rukushio (Felis thundrus)
    Rentoraa (Felis thorus)
    These are all the same species animal, so they only need one scientific name. Also, lions are not in the Felis genus (which is for small cat species), they're in the Panthera genus. I'd recommend keeping only Rentorra's scientific name to represent all three (since they are not really different species) and, obviously, using Panthera instead of Felis.

They are very well known in the world, and can be found in every continent, except Antarctica.
    This doesn't make much sense to me, consitering that lions live only in Africa and parts of Asia, and I really can't picture rentorra living too far outside its real life counterpart's range (espcially since I already gave North and South America their own top feline predator in the form of persian XD). Care to explain how it works further?

Unlike most pokemon, Korinkus, Rukushios, and Rentoraas are shiny due to a generic defect.
    Shinyness would always be a "genetic defect" (ie, a recessive trait) in all pokemon, given it's an extreamly negative trait to have in the wild.

This disrupts the color changing process that occurs, and changes the color.
    They can change their fur color with electricity? *bemused* I think that should be clarified.

Diet- These pokemon are pure carnivores. As Korinkus, they feast on small birds, squirrels, and young rabbits. Once they evolve, they rely on adult rabbits, small mammals, and even other electric pokemon for their diet.
    You obviously didn't read the rules. >.> They would not eat "small birds, squirrels and young rabbits" unless they were feasting on pidgeys, pikachu and nidorans. DO NOT REFER TO REAL LIFE ANIMALS IN YOUR ARTICLES.Seriously, you (the person) I'm really beginning to think you need to put this in Size 72 font bolded lettering on the front page so EVERYONE reads it. And why would they only eat electric pokemon? Even if it does keep their "pulses running" (which doesn't make any sense, given that an electric pokemon would not be doing much in the realm of electricity generating once it's had its throat ripped out), they'd need other things in their diet too (AND NOT REAL ANIMALS!)

Seriously, this Diet section needs changing. Not only does it blatently violate the rules, it's a mess.

Depending on how the electricity hits the eggs, decides if the young is shiny or not, male or female, and what stats it has.
    "Stats" are not scientific - they render the pokemon as mere data.

Apologies if I seemed to go a bit too hard on you - but the article does need fixing - I don't normally comment on the articles anymore, and if I do, that generally means there were some major things wrong No worrys though, things can be fixed or explained! Also, I would have really liked it if you could have gone into more detail about their social habits, given that lions are famous for living in groups, and I'd have liked to have seen a lot more of this sort of thing in the article It's your choice though, obviously.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Finally, I have Skarmony's entry done. Sorry I took so long. ><; And now, I'd like to reserve... Zigzagoon/Linoone, as well as the Latis, if possible. ^^;

Skarmory (Kurogane Vogel)
    Height: 5’ 07” Weight: 111 lbs

With a solid body of metal, Skarmory has been long proven to be one of the strongest within the bird kingdom. Fierce, feisty and independent, these metallic birds have intrigued scientists for a long time on how these magnificent creatures can still fly with such a heavy body. Recent studies have shown that although a Skarmory’s body is metallic and almost indestructible outside, its inside is actually 75% hollow, thus enabling this bird to take into the magnificent blue yonder. Wild Skarmory tend to live up to 7 years, while domesticated ones well up and beyond 13.

Like its inside, the feathers of a Skarmory’s wings are coated likewise with a layer of metal, but its real feather is actually hollow and transparent, making it an excellent choice for boomerangs. Falkner, the gym leader in charge of the Wing Badge, has utilized this unique characteristic on one such occasion when the legendary Entei and Raikou appeared before him a few years ago, when the Masked Man of Ice was wrecking havoc upon Jotho.

The mating season for these birds comes around August, where the males will usually choose the mate of their choice. The eggs are then laid, and the male leaves the female alone to take care of herself and the babies, the eggs taking approximately a month to hatch. Following that, the mother will take care of the young and teach them how to hunt for a year, when the young are then left into the big world, as the Skarmory mature into true-blue adults at the age of 2.

It is said that the sharper the horn on its head is, the stronger and more fiercer the Skarmory is. Also, there are rumors that the metal of the Skarmory itself may have some similar reference to Rukario, who is also a steel-type. However, that remains to be seen.

A carnivore, these metallic birds hunt and kill for their food. A typical Skarmory’s diet would include rodents like Ratatta, bugs like Weedle and Wrumple and even weaker birds with in the feathered kingdom, such as Pidgey and Wingull. They usually do an instant kill with their prey, razor sharp talons digging mercilessly into the prey’s jugular vein and bursting it, causing instant death. Ruthless and strong, these birds have always been favored by bird trainers due to their unique Steel-type properties, but have been hard to train due to their fiery, unbreakable spirit, their ruthlessness and steel backbone. However, once trained well, the Skarmory will prove to be a most valuable asset in any team.

EDIT: Could you also add this to the Murkrow article? Thanks much. =)

Recently, there have been startling developments in regards to these birds. In upon exposure towards a Dark Stone, it evolves into a grander, more noble bird whose name is not yet decided, but is for now addressed as the Donkarasu, or in its scientific name, the Kishin Krähe. Unlike its previous form, these birds have been known to retain a high sense of dignity, and unlike Murkrow, would never stoop as low to steal and commit any publicly shamed behavior. Graced with a sharp mind, the Donkarasu is said to be one of the most smartest birds to date, although it has been known to boss other Pokemon around like his own workers. Indeed with the young being sneaky and the elder being morally upright, the Murkrow is indeed a great enigma, even until today.

Knightblazer
    Last edited by Knightblazer; 20th November 2006 at 4:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblazer View Post
    rodents like Ratatta and Sentret
    Quick quibble, but Sentret is not a rodent. I have no idea why so many people think it is, but it would actually be in the mustelid family, consitering both it and its evolved forms are ferrets (hense the "ret" ending to their names). In fact, I reserved those two specifically to break the annoying "Sentret's a rodent" myth once and for all

It was cool to see a manga reference (especially to the fanfic-wise neglected Gold/Silver/Crystal Saga, which is my favorite), although I think it was misplaced at the same time, mainly due to the reference to seeing one of the legendary Dogs as an earth-shattering event (which, in the realm of this encyclopedia project at least, would be unusual but not holding any deeper meaning), and I also think Faulkner having a Skarmory is too insignificant a detail for an encyclopedia to deal with. If they list him, they'd have to list every high up trainer around the WORLD who had one, and also consitering that team lineups are ever changing, I'm not too sure an encyclopedia would worry itself too much about it Still, a lovely article overall
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Heh. Thanks. I took out the Sentret; you do kinda make sense. XP Well, if you approves on my resverations, I'll get to the Latis first. :3

Knightblazer

Yeesh, finally finished Zangoose.

Zangoose (Herpestes ophidabominor)
    Height: 4’3” Weight: 88.8 lbs

Zangoose is a fairly large animal, whcih is believed to be a member of the genus Herpestes, but appears to show similarities to Weavile, causing some to believe it split away from them during the Eocene period. It is a creamy white colour, with red markings on its hands, left ear and torso, and yellow eyes. It has two large, sharp claws on each hand, which are its main instruments of attack and defence. It lives for 20 years is the wild, 35 in captivity.

Zangoose is omnivorous, and will eat eggs of creatures such as Pidgey, grass, and fish, such as Feebas. It is naturally docile, relying on intimidation tactics, like flashing its claws, standing tall, growling, and spiking up its fur, to scare away potential threats. It only becomes dangerous when it is annoyed, or when it comes into contact with a Seviper.

For reasons not known, there has been a kind of ‘blood feud’ going on between Zangoose and Seviper for millennia. If they get the slightest whiff of each other, they begin to growl and hiss respectively, and if they come into contact, a vicious battle will ensue. As a result of this ancient rivalry, Zangoose has become immune to even the most potent poison. According legends in the Hoenn region, the red markings on Zangoose’s body are the result of a fight between Zangoose and Seviper at the dawn of time. One theory as to the nature of this feud is that at one time these creatures competed as top predators, and even though this is no longer the case, the rivalry is still carved in their genes. Oddly, despite this feud, Zangoose and Seviper can and will breed if left in daycare.

Zangoose is very rare, and can only be found in a small area of grass near Fallarbor town. The best chance of encountering one is to crouch in tall grass holding a vial of Seviper venom.
    Last edited by PsychedelicJellyfish; 22nd November 2006 at 6:04 PM.

one thing to say, zangoose wouldnt be a relation to the mongoose because animals dont exist, so no mongooses

wow...this looks cool...so can i reserve Flygon to write its entry please?
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Quote Originally Posted by tangelax View Post
    one thing to say, zangoose wouldnt be a relation to the mongoose because animals dont exist, so no mongooses
    Why don't you complain that the person who wrote the Cradily article said it was a crinoid, when crinoids are animals and animals don't exist? Huh? Huh?

On a side note, I would like to reserve Metagross, please.
    Last edited by PsychedelicJellyfish; 22nd November 2006 at 6:06 PM.

here's Flygon! and i think i'll have a go at writing an entry for Lanturn next thankyou...

Desert Flygon (Myrmecoleon Mystica Sandorum)
    Subspecies: Sand dune Flygon (Myrmecoleon Mystica Duneas)

Height: 6’07’’
    Weight: 180.8 lbs
    Lifespan: up to a maximum of 300 years old, weather in captivity or in the wild.

The Common Flygon, or the Desert Flygon are found, as the name suggests, in deserts. A large, bug looking pokemon, its is actually quite a shy pokemon and are rarely seen by human eyes, which can also be caused by the sandstorm which gets whipped up by its wings as it flies. Weather or not this is done intentionally to escape notice is uncertain, but its wing beats are powerful enough to enable long distance flights and create dull, regular wing beat sounds, so it has earned the nickname of being the ‘spirit of the desert’, as of its mystic appearance and of its sandstorm that follows it. It is believed that the sandstorm it creates has made Flygon’s develop red transparent shields, protecting its eyes.
    Flygon are also unusually bright mottled green in colour, contrasting completely to its habitat, with large red-rimmed bug-like wings and a petal like fan on the tip of its tail along with its long dark green head crest, Flygon’s are really a sight to behold.

The Sand Dune Flygon are found in areas with large sand dunes and are a considerably different to a Desert Flygon, rather more in behaviour than in shape; as they are only seen as slightly smaller to their kin and their skin colouration has specks of brown in it, making them incredibly well camouflaged. But their main difference is their behaviour, as they are immensely curious and will often play with friendly humans, and are known to allow some to ride on their backs for a little distance. They also do not travel very often from place to place and say put in an area, making them considerably different.

But one common trait both species have is of their mating display, which is spectacular to those rare few that are around to witness it. Sadly, these occurrences are rare as Flygon’s are largely solitary and a separated by great distances, but when a female Flygon in season, she will release a sent which would be carried across by the winds, and would soon attract up to about 15 hopeful males how would ‘duel’ with each other by performing flying feats to impress the female. This event can take up to a month of aerial acts to which the female will finally choose a mate, and for then the finale to begin, where the female will attempt to fly into the chosen male other in midair, to whom he would twist away just before impact, so close to each other that a mistake can cause fatal injuries to both pokemon, so this act is known as the ‘test of devotion’, to show weather or not the exhausted male still has the will to impress the female with nearly impossible flying agility. If he succeeds, then the pair would fly off into a cave (or in the case of the Sand Dune Flygon, into an underground lair), where they will stay for 2 weeks, to which the male will fly off in search for another mate afterwards.

The female would eventually lay up to a maximum of 10 eggs, which she will incubate for 10 months, fasting during this time. These eggs would hatch out to Trapinch’s. This is where they are at their most vulnerable, as the Flygon mother would have to fly off, sometimes quite a distance, to gather food.
    Various predators will take advantage of the weak, newly hatched Trapinch’s such as Sanshrews and Sandslashes, along with Cacturnes, Onix, Steelix’s and Tyranitars, to which the mother Flygon may return to only 1 or 2 Trapinch’s.
    But the mother ignores her lost children and after the young Trapinch’s first feed, they would go off into the world and leave their mother.

The whole Flygon line are omnivorous and will eat anything, from Donphans to underground toadstools, Trapinch’s however, for the first 7 years of their lives, will live in underground tunnels, made by their large jaws, feeding on tubers of desert plants and insect larvae along with the occasional Nincada. But once its size has grown to about 2’00’’, they would emerge on the surface, making pits to trap wondering prey, even as large as an unwitting Sandslash if caught surprised, into their deadly jaws.

After 20 years, the Trapinch will dig deep underground and waits for its evolution, to which after approximately 4 months, will emerge as a Vibrava. Their wings are relatively small, so only allowing for short flights, but they do however have another deadly use, which can vibrate with enough intensity to shatter eardrums.
    After finding prey and fainting it, if it is larger than itself, then Vibrava use their unusual acid glands in their mouth to break apart chunks of flesh to eat.

Vibrava have green eye shields to which scientist believe that they cannot see in colour, however, when Vibrava evolve into heir final form at about the age of 30 years old, their eye shield changes colour to red, allowing them to see the full colour spectrum, but at the loss of their poison glands.
    Beautifly are my Bishie!

I'll do Machamp if no one else is.
    Ze' lurver-ly lesbian but also a lurver-ly Mommy ~<3

I'm currently finished with Snorunt, and I'm starting on Glaile. Afterwords, I'll work on Kecleon. For now, I'll give you what I have, and edit in Glaile later.

Snorunt (Salatage Waratoniunm Secenepeum)

Height (avg.): 2’4”
    Weight (avg.): 37 pounds

Snorunts often dwell in very frigid environments, such as caves or mountain peaks. They seem to have descended from a similar ancestor as Geodude, who shares a similar basic biology. The main body of Snorunt is composed of a natural, hard flesh. The flesh is often covered by a thick coating of a mixture of various minerals found in their diet, which consists of often mineral-rich snow and ice. Their bodies are covered by an almost fibrous outer layer, which resembles that of a straw hat, hence the classification, Snow Hat Pokémon. While it resembles separate strands of straw or other fibers, it is, in fact, one whole, firm tissue. This tissue is often assumed to act as a “coat” of sorts, protecting the main body from overexposure to the cold and the elements. Its face has two small, blue eyes, which are adept to seeing in the dark caves in which it lives. Its mouth is very large, and it bears large, white teeth, which are used like a shovel to collect and consume snow or ice.

The main body of Snorunt is often a dark black, which may be of a vestigial nature, as for its common surroundings greatly contrast from the color of its torso. A popular explanation of this coloration is that it is used to attract heat to its body, but this has many skeptics. The outer coating of Snorunt is a light tan color, vaguely resembling straw, with an outline of an orange-red around the face. On the back, 3 rhombuses, one higher up, one to the lower left, and one to the lower right, are on their back, which seem to serve little purpose.

During warmer months of the year, Snorunt often stay in icy caves. This environment keeps them from overheating during the Spring and Summer. It also supplies a good source of food for them, and much of the ice in the caves is rich in iron, zinc, and copper, and can include other minerals which are washed into the caves via cracks and springs. During the late Fall and Winter, Snorunt often emerge from their dank caves, and will often roam around the snowy landscape in groups of five. When the temperature drops, they become more active, and are often seen roaming around the mountain sides.

After generations of living in frigid environments, and with the amount of snow and ice the Pokémon consumes, Snorunt can eject snow and ice from its mouth; an experienced Snorunt can even create small blizzards. This is often used as defense, although very few Pokémon are considered a predator of this Pokémon.

While Snorunts’ instincts are generally considered to be basic, there is one instinct that stands out, shivering. Nearly all Snorunt shiver. The shivering is used to regulate body temperature; the less they shiver, the more comfortable the Snorunt is. Although shivering in humans is used to warm the body, the shivering of a Snorunt can also be used in reverse. When too cold (which is genrally -150°F and lower, with the lowest tempature recorded without any shivering at all being -162°F), Snorunt will seem to shrink as their muscles tighten and they will shake rapidly. When too hot (which is genrally 64°F, although Snorunt tend to feel uncomfortable beyond 50°F, and may start to mildly shake or expand slightly around this point), they will loosen their muscles, look like they have inflated, and will shiver in wider, slower shakes then when cold. Sometimes, they will require a period of rest after shivering for over 5 minutes, but most Snorunt have developed a method of regulating their shivering into 4 or 5 second intervals to regulate their body temperatures and keep from tiring out.

Snorunt who do not evolve often live for a period of 30-35 years in captivity. In the wild, not having any natural predators, rarely being exposed to danger, and often leading comfortable lives, Snorunt have lived up to 55 years. Snorunt with little battle experience, if wishing to, may evolve into Glaile during their midlife, around 20-24 years of age. Ones with a good deal of battle experience may evolve earlier, and ones with a large amount of experience at an early age may evolve as early as 10 years. In the Shinou region, a peculiar stone has been discovered which Snorunt seem to show some reaction to. Dubbed the Awakening Stone, the rock emanates a high level of energy which mimics radiation. When a female Snorunt is exposed to the stone, it will evolve into a new species. Male Snorunt seem to show no reaction to this, however, for unknown reasons.

The mating season for Snorunt is often during the first part of the winter, peaking late December, and starting in late November at the earliest. The hatching time of an egg may vary slightly, but most eggs only one month to fully develop, from conception to hatching. Most babies are kept in the caves for the first year of their lives, as for this is the only time when they are very vulnerable. Sneasel and Weavile are known to eat Snorunt eggs and young, but the hard outer shell of older Snorunt prevent Sneasel or Weavile from eating them. Glaile, the evolved form of Snorunt, can withstand most of Sneasel's and Weavile's blows, so they often turn to the elderly for protection.

Snorunt are often associated with good luck and the coming of snow in traditional folklore. One tale, which found its orgins around the area of Shole Cave, which contains one of the largest Snorunt populations in the world, claims that if a Snorunt walks into a person’s home, the household will prosper for many generations to come. Another Snorunt legend is that of natives living in northern continents. If a Snorunt is seen out at night, it is said that snow will fall by the next morning.

sorry for not doing mine i have bben busy so i ll re resevre them if i can so ill start soon if i dont have to much school work

Primeape (Ira Cercopithecoidae)

Height 3’03”
    Weight: 70.5 lbs
    Habitat: Various
    Diet: Omnivore
    No. of Young: 2-3
    Lifespan: 30 years (wild), 37 years (captivity)

Primeape is an ape-like mammal famous for their exceptionally foul tempers. They have fur covering their sphere shaped bodies to keep them warm. Young Primeapes are known as Mankey. Like their full-grown counterparts, Mankey have extremely bad tempers, the only difference being that they don’t have as big of bodies with which to use them. Mankeys and Primeapes are both known for their odd pig-shaped noses.

When becoming angry their nasal breathing will become erratic, which is usually a sign that they should be left alone if possible. Testing has shown that anger actually supercharges the species, increasing blood circulation. In addition various hormones are released into the bloodstream from glands in the brain, which signal the body to send all of the energy to the muscles, increasing the pokemon’s strength exponentially. Unfortunately for the Primeape this ability also diverts energy from the brain, decreasing mental performance.

Primeapes usually live in troops, led by an alpha male and female. The two will lead the group, but this leadership is often challenged the leaders having to fight many times to maintain their titles. The Primeapes do respect them however, and will follow their lead wherever it takes them.

Primeapes usually eat fruit, but in some cases have been known to eat other animals as well. They will eat eggs, birds, and small pokemon like Sentrets and Slokath. If need be however, the Primeapes will eat whatever food is available, sometimes being known to rummage through human garbage to find their meal.

During mating season males will fight over females, except for the alphas who always breed together. This however doesn’t mean the other males won’t try to fight the alpha male for his mate. On the contrary, mating season is when he has to fight the most to keep his title and mate, sometimes having to fight the entire male population of the troop to keep her. If he should lose one of these fights he gets banished and must either try to find another troop, or make it on his own.
    Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?
    EXACTLY!
    Torkoal is my Bishie

STEW'S A PIMP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    Why don't you complain that the person who wrote the Cradily article said it was a crinoid, when crinoids are animals and animals don't exist? Huh? Huh?

On a side note, I would like to reserve Metagross, please.
    bacause I dont come here alot and when I looked at the last page there was your article, not Seijiro Mafunés article.

Ok so i made it back from my week away. Generally all reservations accepted.

However R. New your Zangoose article is much too short. Please look at some other article lengths to see approximatly how long they generally are.

And JeRiChI Snorunt and Glalie's articles should be one single one, as the Encyclopedia looks at Pokemon from a real life perspective so Pokemon are growing up when they evolve and are not counted as a seperate species. So if you could either edit Glalie's part into your post, or re post it, either way is good. Apart from that its really excellent, and with Glalie added to it it will really be great. Ill add it to the main page once thats been sorted out.

Also if you want to add a pokemons new evo to your article, its much easier if you go to the article and simply edit it in yourself seeing as i cant add them myself.

Great articles everyone, way too many for me to comment on individually but great work keep it up!

Oh and check the first page to make sure i added your reservation or article, just in case i missed any. I think thats it. Good job.
    Last edited by you; 26th November 2006 at 9:45 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Currently working on Seedot et all. For my next entry, I want to do Cacnea and Cacturne. If that's possible.
    ***New Signature To Come***

Alright, I pm'ed you, so, no Touchy the Fukamaru final stage.

Here's Dodaitose, another reserved one.

Dodaitose (dodaisaur tank totasu)
    Height: 7 feet 3 inches
    Weight: 683.5 pounds

Dodaitose is generally a solitary creature, prefering to live in rock gardens, clearings of forests, and with humans rather than in a herd. Because of this, it lives on a mixed diet of sun, water, and minerals found in the loamy soil underground. Trainers lucky enough to have one most likely get one from the Sinnou region, for they are common whilst babies there. Dodaitose generally mate for a five-year stint. Males are far more common than females, so there are competitions to capture the attention of said females, from harmless battles to dangerous feats of walking across lava. Thus being said, they go to the nearest forest in order to mate. The gestation period is, as previously stated, a total of five years, for the simple reason that the growing of the child requires a large amount of minerals. When Dodaitose are born, we generally call them Naetle, but we also try to capture a lot of Naetle, so the wild population is declining slowly.

As the baby Dodaitose, or Naetle, grow, we see a change in their body size. They are a mere 22.5 pounds on average. These Naetle require both the sun and water diet as they will most certainly need as they grow, and a live food diet. If they cannot get live food and water, they can use photosynthesis for a few weeks. If they still cannot get to live food and water in time, they will hibernate and live off soil. When conditions improve, they will emerge looking new. They enter the adolecent stage, or the Hayashigame stage, of their life. Hayashigame have no tree on their head, like Naetle. Instead, the tree has spread two seeds to it's back. The smaller will become the tree that we identify with Dodaitose, while the larger will be spent in self-defense. Once again, Hayashigame go through the Naetle- like predicament, and will become Dodaitose that we recognize.

Dodaitose have rock hard bodies, for all the minerals they absorb give them a hard exterior. Humans like Dodaitose simply because it can take a bomb without being killed, but they take too many. What is in production right now is the conversion of an abandoned mansion in Hakutai Forest into a Dodaitose conservatory, although there are protestors stating that there are one of a kind pokemon inside.

Dodaitose live upwards of 200 years. In feudal Japan, Dodaitose were passed in the early era from generation to generation.
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    And JeRiChI Snorunt and Glalie's articles should be one single one, as the Encyclopedia looks at Pokemon from a real life perspective so Pokemon are growing up when they evolve and are not counted as a seperate species. So if you could either edit Glalie's part into your post, or re post it, either way is good. Apart from that its really excellent, and with Glalie added to it it will really be great. Ill add it to the main page once thats been sorted out.
    At this moment, I can't say I have suffecent time to do write Glalie's. The earliest time that I could accomplish this is Friday, but between school, Fizzy Bubbles, ASB, and my fic, I'm not going to have a lot of time.

Once this week is out, however, I should have much more time. And when it is done, I'll edit it back in.

{ASB} [FB] (dA) ~JSfSN~
    Thanks to Sammi for this banner.

[jerichi]

A new fanfic by yours truly.
    E.S.P.A.S.
    "I hope your mother dies in a silo explosion." ~ The Mozz

It's not easy
    being green.

ok the, heeeeeeere's Lanturn...and i claim to do Wailord next please, and here come the skitty X Wailord jokes...lol

deep-sea Lanturn (Ceratioidea Litellna)

Height: 3’11’’
    Weight: 50.0 Ibs
    Lifespan: up to 70 years in captivity, but unknown in the wild.

Lanturn are a quite large blue fish in shape and have small side fins and a powerful part yellow tail. This unusual pokemon has a stange outgroth on its dorsal fin, which is of two orbs, with a larger one in the front and a smaller one in the back of the fin. There is also a strip of yellow colouring across the eyes, giving Lanturn a mischivious look.

Lanturns are found in the deep part of oceans and in ocean trenches, and are also known as the ‘deep sea star’ due to their dorsal fin that has evoloved into a light emmitting orb. This ‘orb’ contains bacteria inside it that has a chemical reaction with the body fluids with the body of the Lanturn, which causes the emmited light. Another reason for the nickname ‘the deep-sea star’ is of the sheer power of the light, and it is said that if you look into the dark sea at night from a ship, ‘the night shall glow with the appearance of a starlit night’ as these pokemon swim about in depths of up to 3 miles near the ocean floor.

The habits of this deep sea pokemon are largely unknown, but it is known that they are small time predators, feeding on small prey that fall into the abyss or that live there. They are believed to be very efficient and their style of ‘capture’ is simple, by using very acute senses in the yellow region on the face to detect movement in the water, and when located, they just unleash a large burst of light or electricity at the nearby prey, shocking it and letting Lanturn come up closer to swallow the prey in one gulp. It is assumed that part of its diet it of Gorebyss and Huntail as they also live in the deep as well but it is largly unknown how successful this pokemon’s way of catching prey is. On the matter of Relicanth’s, most scientists are quite baffled. It is possible for a Lanturn to eat Relicanth's by shocking the rocky pokemon with its 'orb' untill the hardy 'shell' of this pokemon cracks and it becomes edible. But the downfall of this theory is that the energy needed would drain a Lanturn of its enery suffiently; so the matter still remains unsolved as Relicanth's are very unknown to the outside world as well.

Their behaviour, from studied Lanturn, have shown that they communicated by their flashing, in a sot of similar fashion to morse code, making them quite intelligent. Their natures are, in simple and general terms, very jolly and they are quite playful, even as adults and when looking after their young Chinchou’s, Lanturn will often play with other young pokemon in the area as well, making them quite harmless to all execpt smaller pokemon. But surprisingly, it turns out that Lanturn only feed in the deep. It is thought that they need the cover of darkness to stalk their prey as their body design is not for speed like a Sharpedo, but for stamina as they may not recive food in the deep for months.

The breeding patterns are a complete mystery but may be organised by the flashing messages to each other, but in about late March/ early April, femaleLanturns will be seen, swimming out of the depths and into shallower and warmer waters, where, in lunps od seaweed, they will lay their waterproof eggs of up to about 15-20 which will be guarded from predators such as Sharpedo, which would hatch after 2 months into Chinchou’s.

Chinchou’s are relativly shy pokemon and would often hide away in the seaweed – a natural instint of defence. But they have been seen with other water pokemon, playing with them and flashing their two anntenae, which it is debated that it is training for the depths. All this time, the female will guard over her brood, not eating anything untill her brood can look after theirselves, which is normaly about a year after they’re born, which is why Lanturn are known for their stamina. When this year has passed, the mother will leave and the Chinchou’s will go their separate ways, eating plankton and small fish.
    After a time of 10 years, most Chinchou’s will evolve into Lanturns and wonder off into the mysteryous deep that is their home....
    Last edited by Razor Shiftry; 29th November 2006 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Relicanth Problem Sorted ;)
    Beautifly are my Bishie!

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast