Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Sceptile (Rhacodactylus jukain)
    Height: 5’07” Weight: 115.1 lbs

Sceptile is a human-sized, bipedal and cold-blooded reptilian creature. It is green in colour with a red stripe across its belly, large, sharp outgrowths on its arms, orb-shaped yellow seeds growing on its back and a huge tail that looks like a fern. The outgrowths on its arms are green and look like leaves. Therefore, the attack with which Sceptile slashes its foe with the outgrowths is termed a Leaf Blade. Leaf Blade has been called Sceptile's signature attack.

The seeds that grow on its back are bursting with nutrients. However, the nutrients are not for Sceptile's own use, but for the sake of revitalizing the trees that it plants. Apparently, Sceptile are convinced that they are the caretaker of their forest, so they carefully grow plants and trees with loving care. There have been reports of wild Sceptile attacking people who cut down their trees for wood and other purposes. As said before, Sceptile are cold-blooded. Therefore, they need to bask in the sunlight to regulate its body temperature to avoid getting too cold.

Sceptile's nickname is the King of The Jungle. It certainly lives up to it for its speed and power are unrivalled in the dense forest. They are extremely agile and dextrous in the jungle. Their preferred form of travelling long distances in the jungle is to leap on the branches from tree to tree.

If confronted by an enemy Pokemon, Sceptile uses its speed to jump around the tree branches and spring a surprise attack on its opponent from the top or behind, slashing the foe with the razor-sharp outgrowths on its arms. Trainer-owned Sceptiles, when battling in a forested area, will also try to use the terrain to its advantage.

A young Sceptile is called a Treecko. Sceptiles never take care of their young - they leave them alone with a pack of other Treeckos. The pack of Treeckos usually has a Grovyle to lead them. Once the Grovyle grows into a Sceptile, they leave the pack to another Grovyle.

All Treeckos have tiny hooks on their feet which allow them to scale walls with minimal effort. Treecko's main method of attack is to slam down hard on their foe with their tail. Some Treecko have been known to slam so hard that they can break even tough rocks. Apart from battling, its tail can also be used to predict the weather. Their tails can sense the humidity level, allowing them to forecast the next day's weather. Also, Treeckos are as calm as a cucumber. If a bigger Pokemon stares at it, Treecko will stare right back, without conceding an inch of ground.

When in the middle stage of development, Sceptiles are known as Grovyles. Grovyle look like Sceptiles, but with a pink underbelly broken by a strip of green near its waist. In this stage, Treecko resemble Sceptile more than ever. Leaves start to grow out of their lower arms, helping them to camouflage themselves among the leaves of trees. Also, a long leaf streams out of its head.

Grovyle uses the leaf on its head much like Treecko uses its tail in battle. It swings its head and delivers a powerful slam to its foe. When it grows into a Sceptile, the leaf shortens to become the stubby horns on Sceptile's head. Grovyle adeptly jumps from branch to branch in the forest, speedily and agilely. It is said that no Pokemon can ever hope to catch a fleeing Grovyle in the forest.
    Last edited by sceptilianmaster; 30th August 2006 at 9:40 AM.
    GoLurker

I am totally reserving the place for a big Tyrogue/Hitmon article, these things are fun

Apologies for the delay (and making things out of order >.> ) - I was moving into my dorm room and didn't have much chance to get online Anyway, here's my part. The format is a bit different, since I see there being many differnet species of one type of pokemon (for example, there could be twenty different species of rattata), and I also wanted to divide the information into easy sections Also, if plusle/minun and the eevee family could be reserved for me (since I've already started writing them) I would appreciate it

The Eastern Tawny Pikachu (Sciurus amberic)
    Length: Head and body, 16 in. Tail, 10-11 in.
    Weight: 9-13 lbs.
    Sexual Maturity: 6-8 months
    No. of Young: 1-6, usually 2-5.
    Habit: Dinurnal
    Diet: Nuts, seeds, fruit, eggs, baby birds, occasionally baby mammals
    Lifespan: 8-12 years in the wild, 17-20 years in captivity.

The Eastern tawny pikachu is probably one of the best-known wild mammals throughout Europe and Asia. Its long, sensitive ears are 4.5-5 in length. The hind legs are only slightly shorter, at 3.5-4 inches in length. These pokémon have prominent black fur plumes on their ears. The tail is plumed and bushy, with hairs that may reach to seven inches in length; when the animal sits the tail is held over the back in an upright position. The unusual shape is a result of sensitive bony growths extending from the vertebrae of the tail, an adaptation that better allows the pikachu to pick up air currents and vibrations. The hind legs are longer and more powerful than the forelegs. The fur is a tawny yellow-brown along the back and sides, with the base of the tail darkening to a rich brown. The animal’s ‘thumbs’ are the shortest ‘fingers’, the others are slightly longer, with high, sharp claws. The toes of the hind paws are all of the same length, the claws similar to those on the forepaws but non-retractable, and more powerful.

All electric types have "receptor organs" on their bodies - on sciurids such as the eastern tawny pikachu, it's the spots on their cheeks. These “spots” are not a marking in their fur - they're sensitive patches of skin filled with electroplaques, electricity generating cels that are stacked like a battery. When required, a pikachu generates acetylcholine, a chemical which "sends a message" to the electroplaques in its cheeks, which allow it to produce electricity. The power of the electricity all sciurids generate is of average voltage and low amperage; it is unlikely to kill but only stun. The Eastern tawny pikachu uses electricity to “greet” one another while in a herd by pressing their cheek close to the cheek of another, and also to hunt and defend itself.

The pichu is smaller – about a foot in length – and of a paler tawny color. Their ears, about five inches long, are wide and almost always held in a semi-upright position, at about a 45 degree angle to the back. A thick black ruff of fur circles the neck, and their tails, also black, are about four inches in length. Their habits are the same as the mature pikachu.

The Eastern tawny raichu does not exist as a wild species. Their habits in captivity will be discussed in brief at the end of this article.

Habits

The Eastern tawny pikachu is most commonly found in coniferous forests, but it also inhabits deciduous woodland and suburban development areas. They do not live too close to human dwellings, but will venture to them if birdfeeders, suet, or other food sources are nearby.

For most of the year, the pikachu lives alone, establishing and defending a territory surrounding its drey, or nest. The drey is spherical in shape and made of leaves and sticks tightly woven together, and is often situated in the higher branches of a tree, usually a conifer. The territory of each individual is roughly a quarter-mile square, but it could be larger if food in the area is scarce.

Food and Feeding

The belief that pikachu are vegetarians is a widespread, but totally incorrect, urban legend. All sciurids are omnivores, and the Eastern tawny pikachu is no exception to this rule. Along with the seeds (primarily from pine cones), nuts, mushrooms, and fruits that make up the bulk of their diet, pikachu will also eat eggs, baby birds, and even baby mammals (including its own relatives; plusle, minun and pachirisu are all part of its diet).

Excellent climbers, the pikachu spends much of its time in trees, but will travel to the ground to forage for nuts, seeds and mushrooms. Fruit and pinecones are eaten right off the tree branch, or stored for the winter, as pikachu do not hibernate. They often bury their food, and use their keen sense of smell to find these caches later on.

Breeding

Pikachu have two breeding seasons, one in late winter to early spring, and the other from mid to late summer. During this time, when the females are fertile, the pikachu of a general area will congregate into a mass group called a herd, where the males will compete for females. Eastern tawny pikachu neither mate for life nor form pair bonds; after mating, the male departs and the female is left to incubate the eggs and raise the young by herself. Five to seven days after mating, the female will lay one to six eggs. The eggs are about three inches in size, and a pale brown color, flecked with small pink, white and yellow spots. For about a month, the mother will incubate the eggs; and, after they hatch, will nurse the pichu for up to two months. The pichu are hatched with a full coat of fur and fully developed claws and teeth; however, they are blind and deaf, and cannot stand. At eight to ten weeks of age, the pichu leave the nest and find their own territories.

The Eastern Tawny Raichu

The Eastern tawny raichu only occurs when the pikachu is exposed to a thunderstone. Thunderstones are technically known in the scientific community as lodestones – when a mineral known as magnetite (Fe3O4) is struck by lightning to produce a unique crystalline structure and a magnetic pull. While magnetite is a common mineral, lodestones are incredibly rare, and the chances of a wild pikachu ever coming in contact with it to induce “evolution” is almost none. Thus, what we know of the eastern tawny raichu’s habits come from observing it in captivity.

Captive raichu do not climb often; their large size regulates them to a more ground-based existence than the wild arboreal pikachu and pichu. They will, when living outside, create nests on the ground similar to the pikachu’s drey, though usually made of grass. Their longer tails serve as grounds; to allow them to discharge extra electricity harmlessly, as they are more susceptible to excessive buildup than wild sciurids. Their habits are otherwise similar to the pikachu.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

As ive said before i absolutly love you article Pink Parka Girl! I cant wait for more!!

Sceptilianmaster your sceptile entry is great too!!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Heh. If you read Wobb's dex entry then it'd be easier to do. I'm using those names so thanks.
    Fan Fictions:
    Pokémon Advanced Sinnoh: Coming Soon
    The Cresselia Project: Coming Soon

The Diamond and Pearl Project:
    COMING SOON

Pokémon Pearl Friend Code: Coming Soon

May I use some of these for my fanfiction for the sake of some sweet filler? Obvious credit of course for the respective creator of the entry.
    Banner: Me | Clubs: May/Drew/Harley/TR
    Member of the Gay Alliance; I'm Openly Gay

Bishie: Totemo Harley | Ship: Cactus Thorn
    Couple: Harley x Jessie | Song: Together
    Game: XD Gale of Darkness | Character: Netto Hikari

Friend Code: 4039 5205 2554

Even though Roselia has an evolved form, I did not include Rozureido since so little is actually known about it.

Southern (Queen) Roselia (Rosa Rozeila Southernus)
    Height: 1'00'' ft Weight: 4'4 lbs.
    Lifespan: 35-45 years (50-60 in captivity)

The roselia is a plant-like being that is related to roses and simlair plants. It is a dimuinitive pokemon, rarely reaching more then three feet in height. It's green-tinted skin is filled with chlorophyll, which it uses to syntheize sugars that it uses for metabolism, as a result, it is most mobile during the daytime, especially in sunny weather. It's most famous feature are the roses that grow from arm-like stems that originate from the body, what is unsual about them is that each rose is a different colour.

The roselia has domesicated and culivated by human beings since around 900 B.C.E, and as a result, several hundreds of different breeds have originated, each of the different breeds have their own special colouring and other characteristics. Unusually though, it is extremely rare to have a Roselia with two roses that are the same colour. Roselia breeders also hybridize Roselia to get more and more unusual Roselia cultivars. The rarest variety of Roselia are ones with purple and black roses, for unknown reasons, it's almost impossible to pass on the gene for a black rose in Roselia.

Roselia usually thrive in temparate climates, but it can survive in sub-tropical to tropical climates as well. They also thrive when they have a supply of nutritionally rich springwater, Roselia are communual pokemon and usually congregate around a spring, they often gaurd this spring from other pokemon.

While the roselia is a small pokemon, it must be treated with caution, as it's head has thorns on it, usually around three, but a many as up to seven have been recorded. These thorns contain an extremely toxic component that can quite harmful if it enters through the skin, but can be fatal if ingested. roselia have evolved this mechanism to survive in a world where they could become an easy meal for bigger pokemon, however, this isn't a strong enough deterent as Roselia have many natural predators.

The roses that roselia possess give of a strong fragrence that is often used in perfumes. This aroma attracts small insects to pollenate and help create seeds. The roselia has a nose that is very sensitive and they use it to determine the idenity and rank of other roselia. Oddly enough, a few captive born roselia have shown unusual interest in repulsive smelling things such as sweaty feet.

The roses that roselia has also help in balance. Roselias that have lost one or both of their rose arms have trouble keeping balance and often fall over. Roselia do not use their roses for holding things, instead, their root-feet have been adapted for this task, since roselia do not possess a skeletonal system, their legs are able to bend and contort in ways that are nearly impossible for human beings to preform. Much like other grass pokemon, they can take in nutrients both by their root feet and by mouth.

Around mid-october, roselia produce a small fruit called a "roselia hip" that's inedible to humans. This fruit contains a seed that is planted. Wild roselia plant these seeds in a secluded that's shaded from the elements. Over the winter, the seed remains dormant until around mid-April, where the seeds start to germinate. As the saplings emerge, They are suspectable to parasites, which tend to cause deformities. They are totally unconscious and remain this way until they are ready for "the blooming".

The blooming is a roselia festival that is held on one day a year, only the roselia know which day it is. All the roselia of the community gather in one spot, they paint themselves with crushed berries and their own pollen. They apply this paint onto their bodies by using their root-feet. It isn't exactly clear as to why roselia do this. They gather close to the spot where the saplings are and they waft a special aroma that's only released during the blooming. This aroma awakens the roselia saplings, they become conscious and their roses bloom as well. Blind and deaf, they make their way into the sunlight where their eyes and ears open and are usually accepted into roselia society. However, it isn't unusual for deformed roselia to be ganged up upon by older roselia and beaten until they are dead or left for dead.

Roselia, despite being so small and dainty, tend to have exuburent personalities and may bully other pokemon, Even ones that are several times bigger then they are. They are also very affectionate towards their owners. Sometimes even to the point of obsession.
    Last edited by PDL; 17th September 2006 at 6:54 PM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

May I use some of these for my fanfiction for the sake of some sweet filler? Obvious credit of course for the respective creator of the entry.
    of course you can use information from here, although i would still check with the actual author of the particular article out of curtesy. But i dont see why it would be a problem!

Great article PDL! I really loved it! Great job.

Ive been kinda busy myself recently but hopefully i will get round to finishing Blazikens article soon.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Great idea. Um, how do I find out about the Latin names for the Pokemon? If I found out I would love to help out. If someone could help me with that, I would probobly do the Nincada line, if its needed.

Ash, out.

PS: I think for the stone evos the Pokemon begin to change form due to the radiation and minerals found inside the specifice stones.

Well, for now, just Cradily. Enjoy...

Cradily (Caridea iureidol)
    Height: 4’11” Weight: 132.2 lbs

Cradily is a large crinoid, a species more known as the sea lily. It possesses a black face with yellow eyes, a green outer layer, and an array of eight pink tentacles growing from behind is helmet-shaped head. There are two yellow lines forming makeshift ‘eyes’ on its forehead, with one dot in the center, three lines wrapping around its neck, and a similar design as the first on its bottom, stretched all the way underneath it. Cradilies lack proper feet, having only stubs pointed to the sides. Instead, they have suction cups on their underside.

This Pokémon has been extinct for about 100 million years, probably having been common during the Cretaceous, with Pokémon such as Lileep and Armaldo. It is an aquatic creature that makes its nest in the shallows of the warm seas. For this reason, it can be seen during the low tide. In order to avoid being washed out, it uses its heavy body and suction cups to stay in place.

A carnivorous Pokémon, it heads deep into the ocean to hunt for sea life, using its body to stay on the seafloor and not float to the surface. Upon detecting prey, it extends its neck and tentacles to ensnare it, before using a powerful acid stored in its tentacles to figuratively melt the prey before feeding.

Before reaching its final growth, a Cradily is called a Lileep. During this stage, a Lileep looks like a bright purple flower with a black center, containing the same sort of eyes Cradily has. The markings around its body are still there, although the bottom lacks markings.

Due to its coloration, Lileep takes the appearance of harmless seaweed, and mostly does not change its location while in the wild, preferring to stay in one place as long as there is some sort of food around. If no prey is found, it goes off in a search.

Due to genetic mishaps, the gender unbalance ratio is of 1/8, being one female and seven males. A curious fact about it is that, despite being an aquatic Pokémon, its types are Rock and Grass, mostly due to its fossilization.

Great idea. Um, how do I find out about the Latin names for the Pokemon? If I found out I would love to help out. If someone could help me with that, I would probobly do the Nincada line, if its needed.
    As i have said before, i have found the simplist way to make a latin name is to find a genus the pokemon could possibly belong to and then put the pokemons japanese name after. Nicanda/Ninjask could be considerd Cicadas so using the genus Pomponia with tekkanin after creates a latin name. Ill put you don for the Nincada line then.

Great work Seijiro!! I really loved it!! Keep writing!!

What could Gardevoir be considered as? I'm leaning towards Homo, like in Homo sapiens, but really, I have not a single clue.
    I got a little goat. Don't you dare touch...... Urm.... Name suggestions welcome folks.
    Paired up with the gorgeous Koriinku.

Well Wikipedia says its name is most probably derived from the french words Garde-to care and Voir-to watch...this in latin would be tutela vigilo. But as for the genus i really dont know. You could indeed put Homo as a genus, but personally i dont consider Gardevoir as human. But just my opinion. If i come up with someone ill let you know.

Decided on Vigilo sirnight. Thinking about diet at the moment. Azumarill, Jumpluff and Chansey are mine.
    I got a little goat. Don't you dare touch...... Urm.... Name suggestions welcome folks.
    Paired up with the gorgeous Koriinku.

This is probably the most original idea I've seen so far in a long time, good luck on completing all of the Pokemon and make sure to have fun while you're at it. Chunky information like this will be sweet when it comes to writing fanfiction and I can assure a great asset-- this thread, will drive the imaginations of other authors to great limits. I know that I'm gonna use at least three of these, so I'll keep in touch before I do so, alright? Keep up the great work all of you!
    Banner: Me | Clubs: May/Drew/Harley/TR
    Member of the Gay Alliance; I'm Openly Gay

Bishie: Totemo Harley | Ship: Cactus Thorn
    Couple: Harley x Jessie | Song: Together
    Game: XD Gale of Darkness | Character: Netto Hikari

Friend Code: 4039 5205 2554

Here's Eevee's article! Plusle and Minun should have theirs up soon, too. I've got an idea for a Mew article now...is it too early to reserve a Legendary pokémon?

The Asiatic Eevee (Canis muto)

Quick Summary

Order: Carnivora
    Family: Canidae
    Length: Head and body, 12 in. Tail, 6-8 in.
    Weight: 10-14 lbs.
    Sexual Maturity: 6-8 months
    Mating: August-October
    Average Incubation: 60-80 days
    No. of Young: 1-14, usually 4-6.
    Habit: Any time of day
    Diet: Insects, berries, rodents, small birds, carrion
    Lifespan: 8-13 years in the wild, 17-20 years in captivity.

The Asiatic eevee is a scarce species of canid native to northern and central areas of Africa, through to southern Asia. Its large ears, which it almost always keeps pricked straight up, are 5-6 inches in length, with its tail only slightly longer at an average length of 6-8 inches. The legs and paws are all of the same length, with the second toe on each slightly longer than the others. Each forepaw almost always bears a dewclaw, or vestigial digit, while the hindpaws are rarely such adorned. A thick, white ruff of fur grows along the first half of the animal’s back and chest; males use it as a sexual display to attract females during the breeding seasons. Their fur is usually of a light sienna color, but on some individuals this color can darken to an umber with age. The tip of the tail, however, will always remain white.

It is estimated that one out of every eight thousand eevee in a population will have a silvery-white coat.

The eevee species as a whole are unique among science for being able to grow into one of five distinct adult forms, depending on the stimuli it experienced during its life. These adult forms share few habits or resemblances with either the basic eevee or with each other; thus, in a move modern scientists still debate, the mature forms were placed in separate subspecies of their own. They will be discussed at length later on in the article.

Habits

The Asiatic eevee is most commonly found in dry, open grasslands with few trees. However, they have increasingly been venturing closer and closer to human developments, and a pack of fifteen members is known to make its home entirely within Cairo, eating garbage, hunting street pidgey and even housepets. Their ever growing daring as they struggle to survive has had the affect of causing them to be seen as terrible pests; despite being protected by endangered-species laws, killing and capture/export of eevee and their evolutions grows ever more common.

The eevee is a pack animal, and will seldom be found alone in the wild. The packs tend to consist of a mother, a father and a number of their offspring, who will stay with their parents for up to a year after they reach sexual maturity. The offspring serve as helpers to the mother and father – they assist in caring for the next litter, and in hunting. They will eventually leave and form small “packs” of their own after finding a mate. They sleep and live out in the open rather than having a set den or cave; and will actively patrol their territory, which on average tends to be five miles square.

All eevee species mate for life – only if the mate dies will the eevee seek out a new partner.

Food and Feeding

Eevee, like all canids, are primarily carnivores, but will eat berries and garbage along with insects, rodents and birds. They are also not adverse to carrion, and will sometimes follow larger predators for up to several days at a time to feast on their leftovers.

While the adult forms will occasionally hunt collectively as a pack to bring down large game, the eevee sticks to creatures it can bring down either by itself, or with only the help of its mate. The largest prey two eevee have been observed successfully killing was a fearow, who had broken a wing in an accident.

Breeding

Eevee have only one breeding season, in the early fall. While eevee who are already paired with a mate will simply mate during one of the ten days the female is in estrus, those who are mateless will gather together and compete among other males to win a mate. As most eevee puppies who survive long enough to reach a sexually mature stage are male – surveys of the few wild packs that remain reveal that for every seven males in a population, there is only one female – only a handful of the wooers will come away with a female. The males who are left will sometimes form loose pack structures of their own and will either stay in this arrangement, mate with other canid species such as growlithe or houndoom, or if especially desperate, will attempt to mount already paired females. Those who try such actions are almost invariably attacked by the victim’s mate and helpers and driven off.

The Asiatic Vaporeon (Canis muto pluvia)

This “mature” form of eevee results when the eevee comes in contact with a waterstone. In science, waterstones are rocks whose water content has become “saturated” – water content referring to the percentage of the rock’s porosity that is filled with water, and saturation referring to when the porosity and the water content are equal. By far the most common “evolution stone” to find in nature, there are, expectedly, small packs of wild Asiatic vaporeon across the eevee’s range. Its ears, on the sides of its head rather than the top as in all other canids, bear a resemblance to fins due to their ridges and ruffled edges. A fin, about two inches long and two inches wide, grows on the top of its head, the animal uses this fin to sense for movement caused by prey. Its leg structure is identical to the eevee’s, but it loses the ruff in place of a wide, fin-like growth about its neck. When it is up on land, as it is about three quarters of the day, it positions this fin to serve as a sunshade. Their fur, which is almost always a bluish-aqua color for camouflage, is thick and waterproof, and helps to keep it warm in winter waters. No fur grows on the fins. As it possesses gills along with lungs (the gills are located behind the neck-fin), it does not need to surface to breathe.

Because there are few wild vaporeon, their packs are predictably small, usually consisting of only three members – a male, his mate, and one helper, who is usually not related. When raising a litter of eevee, all three will stay on land to raise them until the eevee are about three months old. The baby eevee will not stay with in a pack with their vaporeon parents, and will instead form a pack of their own, until taking mates and assuming more orthodox pack structures.

Vaporeon eat mostly fish, but will occasionally hunt land animals. Newly evolved vaporeon, or released ones, sometimes have to wonder over one hundred miles to find another of their species to settle in with.

The Asiatic Jolteon (Canis muto tempestas)

This “mature” form of eevee results when the eevee contacts a thunderstone, or lodestone. (For what those are, refer to the pikachu article.) Due to the rarity of lodestones, jolteon virtually never occur naturally in the wild, and ones in the wild are almost invariably abandoned trained specimens. Its head, ears and general body shape are similar to the eevee, but, unlike any other canid, it lacks a tail. However, its most unique feature is its quills, which grow all along its back in amongst its normal fur. The quills, like the Asiatic jolteon’s fur, are yellow, and can grow as densely as one-hundred per square inch. Small electric receptors, similar to the cheek patches of sciurids, can be found in the roots of every quill. By releasing the chemical acetylcholine to the electroplasts in the receptors, the jolteon can, with a sudden surge of electricity, shoot as many as twenty quills at once at an attacker. The quills grow back in about two weeks. Since the quills are arranged all over the back of both males and females, they mate carefully. The male, before he mounts the female, will urinate on the female’s back to soften her quills, and make sex possible. Their habits are roughly identical to the eevee’s, although they do little hunting in captivity.

The Asiatic Flareon (Canis muto attollo)

This “mature” form of eevee results when the eevee contacts a firestone, known officially to science as lamproite. Lamproite is an ultrapotassic volcanic mineral, and is otherwise characterized by the presence of olivine, leucite, richterite, diopside or sanidine. Lamproite can be found over the world, but in very low quantities – as a result, wild flareon, like wild jolteon, almost never occur naturally. Of all the mature states, the Asiatic flareon looks very similar to the eevee. Its head, ears and general body shape are very similar to the eevee, but has thicker fur, and a soft tuft between the ears. They are capable of releasing fire through the usage of a small “flame bag” in their mouths. This bag, filled with combustible chemicals, can be compressed to shoot out small quantities in self defense. These chemicals, when they hit the air, explode into flame. The flareon’s long fur serves to help protect it from the force of its own power.

Their habits are roughly identical to the eevee’s, although they do little hunting in captivity.

The Asiatic Espeon (Canis muto animus)

This “mature” form of eevee, along with the Asiatic umbreon, is the most commonly found wild species, as it requires no stone to evolve – all that is required is that the eevee reach a point of great pleasure during the daytime. Little about it resembles the eevee – it has no ruff, a long, thin body and a skinny tail. Their wild habits are mostly identical to the eevee’s, but they will tackle larger game. A pack of espeon all have a psychic connection – each one will be able to sense where the other is, and the potential movements of their prey as well, allowing them to perform vastly elaborate, coordinated hunts of large pokémon, usually stantler. Mates can develop intense loyalty to each other, and can become so psychically in tune that they will often make the exact same motions at the same time. By sensing air currents with their fur, and manipulating these with their innate psychic power, they can send blasts of energy at enemies.

The Umbreon (Canis muto niger)

This “mature” form of eevee, along with the Asiatic espeon, is the most commonly found wild species, as it requires no stone to evolve – all that is required is that the eevee reach a point of great pleasure during the nighttime. These sleek canids also lack a ruff, and while its tail is not as thick, it looks closer to eevee than does the espeon. Their wild habits are mostly identical to the eevee’s, but they, like the espeon, will tackle larger game. However, they lack the innate psychic connections among their pack members, and their attacks tend to be much less coordinated, and generally more savage. Strictly nocturnal, unlike all other eevee species which will show activity at any time of day, Asiatic umbreon packs will often fight more fiercely on nights with full moons – even within their own packs. More loosely structured in their pack societies, some mateless males will stay alone their entire lives, never joining with a pack and hunting insects and rodents on its own.
    Last edited by Pink Parka Girl; 3rd September 2006 at 3:44 AM.
    ~Fanfics~
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alexis Laistenna~ View Post
    Decided on Vigilo sirnight
    that's probably best, because despite looking human, they also look nothing like human beings at all. Mostly becuase they aren't in the humanshape breeding group.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Decided on Vigilo sirnight. Thinking about diet at the moment. Azumarill, Jumpluff and Chansey are mine.
    Yes good choice for the latin name and PDL brings up some good points, specifically about the humanshape breeding group, i didnt think of that.

This is probably the most original idea I've seen so far in a long time, good luck on completing all of the Pokemon and make sure to have fun while you're at it. Chunky information like this will be sweet when it comes to writing fanfiction and I can assure a great asset-- this thread, will drive the imaginations of other authors to great limits. I know that I'm gonna use at least three of these, so I'll keep in touch before I do so, alright? Keep up the great work all of you!
    Thanks! I think it will take quite some time to finish all the pokemon! And im glad this will provide help for all aspiring authors out there. Keep writing everyone!

Here's Eevee's article! Plusle and Minun should have theirs up soon, too. I've got an idea for a Mew article now...is it too early to reserve a Legendary pokémon?
    Again i loved your article. I love how you go about explaining the occurance of the stones and, with your permission, i would love to use your explainations of their occurance and scientific properties should i ever write an article on a stone evolving pokemon. Since Plusle and Minun can be written about in the same article basically i can count them as one and reserve Mew for you. Good job! I still havent had time to properly finish Blazikens article but hopefully sometime soon. Yeah excuses i know!!

This is a very good idea, although I disagree with some of the entries 'facts' myself. The trouble with making encyclopedia like fact sheets on pokemon is that they are all based on each persons own view of the pokemon, most of all in the matters of mating season, diet, and raising of young. It's a good writing project but I don't think it should be seen as a sort of guiding golden rulebook for fanfic, just because a certain person was the first one to write the 'facts' of each type...
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
    This is a very good idea, although I disagree with some of the entries 'facts' myself. The trouble with making encyclopedia like fact sheets on pokemon is that they are all based on each persons own view of the pokemon, most of all in the matters of mating season, diet, and raising of young. It's a good writing project but I don't think it should be seen as a sort of guiding golden rulebook for fanfic, just because a certain person was the first one to write the 'facts' of each type...
    A good idea...perhaps the articles should be prefaced with a little disclaimer: "This is Pink Parka Girl's (or whoever's) opinion on how a certain pokemon operates. This is not meant to be the 'official' tell-all, end all explanation, just one writer's theories. These theories may be used for fanfiction, but they shouldn't be consitered the only theories. Please don't think you're "wrong" if what you think does not agree with what this writer has written here."

That's basically the problem with writing about fictional animal species - there can be so many different theories and interpertations, and in the end, no one is really wrong or right. I still think this project is fun, though, and it lets me get my theories out to the public
    ~Fanfics~

That is the trouble with having only one person be 'allowed' to submit info for a single pokemon though...
    To keep this round robin type fic from seeming like an 'offical' thing that everyone should see as The Only Way To Write such and such Pokemon it should be in the fanfic section and not the author section I think
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

A valid point, although i never meant for this to be the only facts to follow when writing a fic. Also this was originally in the fanfiction section but a mod moved it here

A good idea...perhaps the articles should be prefaced with a little disclaimer: "This is Pink Parka Girl's (or whoever's) opinion on how a certain pokemon operates. This is not meant to be the 'official' tell-all, end all explanation, just one writer's theories. These theories may be used for fanfiction, but they shouldn't be consitered the only theories. Please don't think you're "wrong" if what you think does not agree with what this writer has written here."
    Valid point i will follow through with that idea.

That is the trouble with having only one person be 'allowed' to submit info for a single pokemon though...
    To keep this round robin type fic from seeming like an 'offical' thing that everyone should see as The Only Way To Write such and such Pokemon it should be in the fanfic section and not the author section I think
    The only reason i wont let more than one person write an entry is that otherwise we could become swamped with tens of a certain pokemon article and none of another kind. Making the filling up of the encyclopaedia very slow. However i was planning to reopen articles after a certain amount of pokemon have been finished. However if you guys think its a good idea i can leave all pokemon open. Let me know your opinions.

EDIT:I added a disclamer. Let me know if you think anything should be added to it. As well as the rules.
    Last edited by you; 4th September 2006 at 11:48 AM.

You guys do know about Bulbapedia, right?

Pokémaniacs Anonymous: Because growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

My Fanfiction

No, not really. Why?

Whats Bulbapedia got to do with any of this? This is completely different from Bulbapedia.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast