Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Dark Amethyst: Can I please use your bio of Vulpix/Ninetales? I will give you credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Umbreon View Post
    Dark Amethyst: Can I please use your bio of Vulpix/Ninetales? I will give you credit.

Uh, sure ^^; . But why do you want to use my bio exactly?
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

But why do you want to use my bio exactly?
    Because there's a trainer in my new story who captures a Vulpix.

ok ive added ninetails and i did put kyogre and groudon on my site

Dark Am, that's a really good entry! *applauds* =D

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

Um, you forgot to update that I called Kyogre and Groudon..
    If you were talking to me, im sorry i havent updated in a while. But sure all requests accepted.

I thought I claimed Torkoal... why haven't you added my reservation?
    Sorry either forgot or didnt notice...

Chibi Pika the update on Lucario was nice. Liked the article. Perhaps another update when we find out more information?

I'm sorry for not posting here in, like... ever...

I just lost all want to continue writing here.
    Fair enough. You dont HAVE to finish every pokemon you claim. Its not a contract

As all of u know, D/P Pokemon are overflowing us now. Do you think that we should not do Pokemon that have (pre)evos in D/P until we have more info about them?
    Well i personally think that articles should be updated toinclude new pokemon and such, just like a real encyclopaedia is continually updated. However if you dont find time to or cant for some reason dont worry about it. Just let us know you cant and someone else could possibly copy the article and add the needed parts. This would have a double credit.

PDL as always i enjoyed your article. I like the way you included some uncertainties in it. And the explaination on how it feeds is nice and fits Misdreavous quite well.

Dark Amethyst I liked your article. I like how you portrayed the legends. Although, just an idea, it could be nice if you elaborated on the legends and perhaps explain where they could have originated from. Otherwise quite a good article.

Hopefully mine should be done by the end of the week if i have time to finish it.

Think thats it.

Good job. Keep going!
    Last edited by you; 4th October 2006 at 2:55 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post

Dark Amethyst I liked your article. I like how you portrayed the legends. Although, just an idea, it could be nice if you elaborated on the legends and perhaps explain where they could have originated from. Otherwise quite a good article.

Good job. Keep going!

Yeah, I think I never did explained where Vulpix originated from, I'll add the origination later today.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

I'd like to do Quagsire and Relicanth. I did a forum RPG once as a trainer starting with wooper and created some physiological explanations for ground type's resistance to electricity, water gun, etc.

Gotta agree with everyone, I just found this thread today and what a great idea.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

Can I reserve:
    Mr. Mime evo line
    Yanma evo line
    Piloswine evo line
    Mantine evo line

ok ill add them and im sorry mantine has already been reserved and so has mr. mime
    Last edited by flame fox; 5th October 2006 at 9:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Great Entei article ~RaikouRider243~, however i have one thing to point out although its minor:

their breeding grounds are inside volcano craters, where no other living thing can survive.

If i remember right Magmar can survive in volcanoes.

Good job, looking forward to suicune.
    *raises topic from dead*

Yeah but how close to the magma do they get?
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

Im sorry but I dont think I can do gyrados/milotic

Here are the entries for Kyogre and Groudon:

Groudon: Tyrannoterrus rex

Groudon is the king of the land. It is a dinosaur-like monster with red or gold armor and white spikes. It's natural habitat is deep underground near magam, and where ther is lots of heat. It uses it's thermal energy to heat rock and turn into magma, or to dry up any water source it finds. It then uses a telepathic abiltiy to use the magma to expand the land. Groudon hates water, and often fights with creatures of the water, especially Kyogre. It has a sort of power over all land Pokemon. He seems to use them in his wars on Kyogre. It is an immortal pokemon, and is feared by humans. It's powers are quite monumental, as it is said to have caused cataclymc events according to lore. It is a unique species, as their has always has, is, and will forever be one of it's kind.

Kyogre: Marinus rex

Kyogre is the lord of the sea. It is a whale-like monster with blue or purple scales. It resides in Hoenn, deep underwater. It uses a telepathic ability to move and/or create water. It hates the land, and often fights against the land pokemon, especially Groudon. It uses it's powers to expand the seas and to flood areas with drought. It has a sort of power over all sea Pokemon. He seems to use them in his wars on Groudon. It is an immortal pokemon, and is feared by humans. It's powers are quite monumental, as it is said to have caused cataclymic events according to lore. It is a unique species, as their has always has, is, and will forever be one of it's kind.
    Last edited by Hexagram; 6th October 2006 at 10:01 PM.

they arent very big and ill nreseve yours on the site aswell tangelax

Here's my quagsire article. Scientific name comes from the genus of the Japanese giant salamander's scientific name, Andrias japonicus, and the species comes from wooper's Japanese name, Upa.

Scientific name: Andrias Upanicus
    Avg. height: 4'7" (1.4 m)
    Avg. weight: 165 lbs (75 kg)

Quagsire is a large, amphibious creature which inhabits cool streams, rivers, and underground water bodies in Johto, Kanto and remote parts of Hoenn. These creatures go through a type of metamorphosis called amphibian metamorphosis.

The female quagsire lays anywhere from 10-300 small, round, transparent eggs on the undersides of rocks. Recently, scientists in Hoenn found that quagsire sometimes lay eggs on the underside of lotad's lily pad. When the young hatch, they follow the lotad, feeding on scraps and cleaning parasites from the lotad's skin. The young, commonly called woopers for their throaty calls, grow very quickly. They have a long, flat tail (used for swimming), pale, rubbery, bluish skin, and two external, limb-like gills. The gills are branched, more so in the males. As the young quagsire passes through the water, these gills extract oxygen for resperation. The young also possess rudimentary lungs which can be used for short trips out of the water to forage or move to another body of water. These branch-like gills have another function. They act as lightning rods, absorbing electric attacks from other pokemon, primarily raichu and ampharos young, whom they encounter often at the water's edge. In the center of the gills is a hair-thin rod of silver (an excellent conductor) which continues from the gills to a ridge running down the back all the way to the tip of the tail. At the end of the tail, the electricity is dispersed into the mud or ground.

After about two weeks, the young have grown two short legs with stumpy, round feet. They now leave the lotad to forage on their own. Young quagsire's primary source of food from now on are insect larvae, usually masquerain larvae. These young woopers are favorite prey to many aquatic predators such as seaking, golduck, whiscash, and, ironically, ludicolo. However, these animals seem to be the only ones immune to the toxic coating which oozes from the quagsires' skin. The toxin, known as batrachotoxin, is an extremely dangerous neurotoxin which can be fatal to most other organisms. A very small amount, about 40 mLs, can be fatal to humans. These toxins are not easily absorbed through the skin, and require access to mucous membranes such as those in the mouth, nose, and eyes. It is extremely important for any trainers of quagsires to where protective gloves when handling your pokemon, and avoid wiping eyes or noses.

The quagsire reaches maturity fairly quickly, about 6-7 months after birth. This is when an almost instantaneous metamorphosis occurs. The lungs are fully developed by now, and the gills have significantly shrunk in size. There is a moment in the quagsire's development when the gills cease to function. They then begin to degenerate, and usually fall off after two or three days. The quagsire has also grown astronomically in size. They have also grown two short, thick forearms ending in three-toed feet. These feet are not webbed and do not assist in swimming very much. The quagsire's tail has thickened significantly, reducing swimming ability. As such, the quagsire often bumps into all sorts of objects like rocks, tree roots, and even boat hulls. To avoid serious injury, adult quagsires are extremely lazy, almost sedentary. To feed, the lay on the bottom with their mouths wide open, waiting for anything to blunder in. They truly do eat anything. Young fish, reptiles, and other amphibians are often the quagsire's food. Occasionally, if the quagsire is unable to feed for some time using this method, they will actively hunt. One of their favorite foods is freshly hatched blastoise offspring entering the water for the first time. Their shells are still soft and are easily digested.

The quagsire is capable of attacking predators if need be. Their swim bladder can double as a water pump, sucking in massive amounts of water and squeezing them out at high pressure. Water can also be absorbed from the body, which is replaced by absorption through the skin. The quagsire is also a very skilled digger. The ends of their toes are very stiff and slightly concave on the tips to aid in digging. It's this ability which allows them to use some of their most devastating attacks. Earthquake, a term used for a wide array of attacks causing tremors in the immediate vicinity, is caused by the quagsire digging 3-6 feet below the ground, and slamming its thick body against the top and sides of the tunnel.

Some common aquatic predators of adult quagsire are full grown milotic, gyarados, feraligator, and crawdaunt. Quagsires are easily caught on land, and have a wider array of predators there. Outside of the water, the quagsire's neurotoxin evaporates fairly quickly, allowing the predator to eat without being poisoned. On land, quagsire are commonly preyed upon by grass pokemon such as victreebell and sceptile due to their strong weakness to grass type attacks.

The quagsire, an important part of the freshwater ecosystem in much of the regions, is thriving despite all their competition from faster, more active pokemon.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

thats good as ill add that now

Can I reserve:
    Mr. Mime evo line
    Yanma evo line
    Piloswine evo line
    Mantine evo line
    Only Piloswine and Yanma can be reserved.

Otherwise all requests accepted.

Yeah but how close to the magma do they get?
    Hmmm not sure i guess. But ive always thought of Magmar actually living in magma. But i guess if it doesnt say anywhere about this then I thought it up or something. My bad

Im sorry but I dont think I can do gyrados/milotic
    As said before its not a contract so no worries. And at least you let me know!

darkbradlor if you wish for your articles to be included they require a lot more work. Take a look at some of the other articles to understand the style we are looking for. Keep anime and game references to a minimum. So no references to Groudon and Kyogre as having a cataclysmic fight should be included. As for the "expanding sea/land" ability, this should be described as a myth of sorts and a logical explaination as to why people think this should be provided. So a bit of work to do.

Dunsparce4prez i really enjoyed your article. It was written really well and made a lot of sense. I love how you created a symbiotic (right word yeah?) relationship between Lotad and Wooper. As well as your theories on its ground and water typing characteristics. Looking forward to Relicanth.

Think thats it!
    Last edited by you; 6th October 2006 at 3:59 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

I gonna go edit them.

They have been edited.

a bit longer then a paragraph would be a tad better though... come up with more info!

anyway, might as well get Torkoal out of the way...

Mt.Chimney Torkoal (Geochelone Cortoise Caminus)
    Height: 1'08'' Weight: 177.0 lbs
    Lifespan: 160-220 years

The Torkoal is a reptilain fire type that has a place in pokémon mythology as an anicent pokémon that holds a vast amount of wisdom it has earn through out all the years it has lived. There are even some myths where the world is supported on the back of a gigantic Torkoal. Due to it's old appearence and very sturdy design, it is not hard to believe how people have thought of these legends and myths surrounding the pokémon.

The pokémon is protected by an extremely hard shell, even it's terra cotta skin is quite hard. Unlike most chelonian pokémon, it is warm-blooded, and is able to endure low temperatures that other reptilain pokémon cannot, however, they are much more active in hot enviroments, such as deserts or volcanic areas. It is unable to swim due to it's stocky legs, which are more designed for terrestial locomotion.

This pokémon's main food source is coal, it uses this coal to burn the internal fire that heats the pokémon and gives it it's power. This way of converting energy is seen as ineffeicent due to incomplete combustion. The pokémon produces excessive exhaust and it also has a constant need to search for coal that occupies much of it's time. However, it uses this exhaust as a defense mechanism. When confronted with a predatory pokémon, Torkoal bellows a gust of thick black smoke to temporarly blind the opponent, giving Torkoal enough time to escape. Another byproduct of it's way of internal combustion are the copious amount of tears that it produces. This gets rid of excess salts and minerals produced by the burning coal.

During the breeding season, which occurs from April to August, male torkoal will battle one another over females, which only mate with the strongest males. After it has done so, the female will go to certain coal deposts deep within the volcano, there they lay up to a dozen or so grey ping-pong ball sized eggs. After it has finished, the female leaves the nest. The eggs are incubated by the internal heat of the volcano. After 90 to 120 days, the eggs hatch, revealing tiny torkoal that resemble miniature adults that are capable of fending for themselves.

Being such slow pokémon, they have come under threat by man. The biggest threats come from mining coal deposts, the pet trade, and the illegal poaching for their shells and meat. All subspeices of this pokémon are protected by the Endangered Pokémon Conservation act. Unfortunately, this has not prevented a subspeices, the Mossdeep Torkoal, to become extinct. The Mossdeep subspeices was indigineos to the island of Mossdeep, situated east of mainland Hoenn. This form of Torkoal was unique because it grew up to 5 feet in height, twice as large as the Mt.Chimney subspecies, and had blue skin instead of red. Due to excessive hunting and poaching of their eggs, this unique subspeices went extinct before the E.P.C act took effect.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I would like to reserve the Pinpuku/Chansey/Blissey line. I really enjoyed reading your article PDL, I liked the inclusion of an extinct subspecies and the endangered pokémon conservation act.

nice torkoal article very nice ive added it to the site and added the reservations to it aswell

I'd like to reserve the Oddish line, that may be an interesting article to write since it has two final forms.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Here is relicanth. I realize relicanth's real world counterpart is the coelocanth, or Latimeria chalumnae, but I kind of fancied naming him after the extinct uber-fish, dunkleosteus (dunk-lee-oh-stoys).

Dunkleosteus's skull was made of several hard, bony plates fused together as you can see in the pic above. ...uberness, truly. Anyway, these plates remind me of relicanth's head, being made of rock. So, relicanth's scientific name is Dunkleosteus (genus) girans (species, relicanth's Japanese name, Jiiransu).

Relicanth (Dunkleosteus girans)
    Avg. length: 3'3" (1 m)
    Avg. weight: 51.6 lbs (23.4 kg)

During a 2002 deep-sea quest funded by Devon Corp., Dr. Slate, and Professor Birch of Hoenn, a very old and mysterious pokemon was discovered. The purpose of this quest was to view the mating habits of the native gorebyss and huntail. What they discovered would shake the foundations of pokemon paleontology.

What they found was an ancient fish pokemon, now known as relicanth. These animals had only been previously known by fossil fragments in the Hoenn desert and were thought extinct. It was found 35,000 ft. below the ocean's surface, in what is called the abyssal zone. At this depth, there is no light filtering down from above. This medium-sized, yet very heavy pokemon has a prominent, bone-plated skull. The body is thick and wide, covered with large, jagged scales. The relicanth's fins are situated differently from most species of fish found in today's seas. Two stiff pectoral fins sit at the low part of the body, just anterior to a pair of stiff pelvic fins. These pectoral fins and pelvic fins are nearly identical, and assist with locomotion on the seafloor. The pokemon's fat fin and anal fin are larger than usual, while the caudal fin is underdeveloped. This is perhaps due to the fact that relicanth rarely do any actual swimming. They are perfectly content to drag their heavy frames along the sand and rocks on the ocean floor.

The relicanth's skull is very curious, as the orbits are nothing more than creases in the bone. Therefore, the relicanth is blind, which is inconsequential in the pitch black of the abyssal zone. In the center of the body, on each side, is a small red organ thought to aid with vision. It is as yet unknown how this organ works, whether detecting light, heat, or perhaps just movement. The mouth does not open more than 2 inches, just enough to suck in seawater rich in the relicanth's foodsource, microscopic plankton. These plankton are filtered from the water by a set of feather like organs found in the gills. Tiny cilia carry the food down the throat and into the stomach. The relicanth is not extremely active, and is therefore well suited for such a diet. The gills are at the very back of the bony plates covering the skull, where the relicanth's bony plates meet its tough scales.

Only two populations of relicanth have been found since that initial discovery, so it is as yet unknown how the relicanth courts, mates, and raises its young. Relicanth are believed to live to a very old age, somewhere between 200 to 500 years, by scientists' estimates. Thus, many believe relicanth rarely do mate. Observing these populations, their numbers, behavior, and migration habits, it is believed relicanth may mate and breed only a few times throughout their entire lifespan. The relicanth has no natural predators in their environment, and therefore prolific breeding plus their long lifespan would create massive populations, crushing this fragile ecosystem on the seafloor, and making competition for food and living space fierce.
    Last edited by Dunsparce4prez; 7th October 2006 at 6:42 AM.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

Lemme reserve the koffing line and...uhhh....golduck!!! nobody's done golduck! He's mine.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast