Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

DarkLegend your article was really great. You wrote in exactly the right kind of style. The information provided is great as it looks at Steelix as if it were really real.
    The only problem i have with it is my personal opinion that Steelix cannot spin on the tip of its tail, it would require immense balance and does not seem feasable possible for a beast of Steelix's size. I see it as an anime thing. However thats just my view. A job well done and i look forward to any future articles.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

ok here is myn on pinsir

Pinsir Lucanus cervus
    Height 4 ft 11 in (1.5 m)
    Weight 121.3 lb (55.0 kg)

This pokemon was discoverd a long time ago in the kanto area woods.The exact age of this pokemon Species extistance is currently unknown. most scientist say the have been around for 100's of years but right now it is only a theory.

Now there are accounts of them being seen in Johto and Kanto regions.they have 2 large pincers on top of there head and use it to crush foes i between the pincers.An anverage Pinsir can destory pokemon 3 times it own weight for a normal sized Pinsir. if it is unable to crush there foe it also throws hard blows and powerful fighting attacks. If it fails to crush its foe, it will throw the foe powerfully against the ground or into another object with its pincers. Pinsirs are very strong. they can lift over 2 times there own weight. The spikes on there pincers make it even worse for its foe when stuck in between.

The scientfic name is based of the founder of this pokemon Dr. Carolus Linnaeus. The common name comes from the two pincers on top of his head. Its Japanese name may be based on ? kai, large, or ?*?? kaii, brawny. It's French name is a combination of scarab, a type of beetle that's sacred in Ancient Egypt, and brute. The color of this pokemon is brown but some scientific evidence shows that some may come in a dark blue color. Pinsir is covered with a thick exoskeleton to protect itself from foes. This pokemon has no teeth but a rather large Proboscis. It is common to beetles. heracross also has a proboscis other then teeth.

Pinsirs are rather strong bug pokemon who regularly spar with each other to find out who is the best. His main rivals are Hereacross and Scizor. Scientist and still researching weather this pokemon has an evolution but so far nothing has come up.

Pinsirs need a very warm habitate to survive. It has trouble moving and breathing when it is cold. when the area gets to cold in burrows under ground and hibernates till spring. in rare cases some run to warmer climates to seek a new life with no cold. during the summer a swarm of pinsirs sleep in treetops. there diet constits of tree sap and nectar like the herracross. some have seen swarms of pinsirs and herracrosses fighting for nectar on a trees.

A Pinsir goes to mate once a year. when it does so it finds a feamale and mates with it. a normal female pinsir will lay about 5-10 eggs each year. The mothers watch over there young unitll they hatch. when the time comes to hatch they are sent into the forest where it is on its own. There is no long term realtionship between the male and females. once the next year comes they will each have a new spouse.

There seems to be about the same amount of Males and Females for this pokemon. Since this pokemon is Bug its weakness in battle is Fire,Flying,and Rock and stronger vs. Grass,ground and fighting. meaing it has just as many strengths as weaknesses. When fighting it has the ability is Hyper cutter. This means that attack lowering moves don't work on him.
    Last edited by Phillyboomerangs; 20th September 2006 at 10:16 PM.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/2jbo3u1.png[/IMG]
    Card Made by Me! Pm me if ya want one

Credit to Buizerulad for sweet Poke'bag

Pinsir is the Best pokemon ever

I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me -Philippians 4:13

Can I reserve Unown?

iam also going to write one on Shroomish and breloom if that is possible

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    OK...SuperShadow your entry is much too short and contains too much data from the anime. We want articles written from the point of wiew that Pokemon are the only real existing animals.

You should remove Ash's name as that is solely based on the anime. You can put across the theory that they are from the moon using other evidence such their star shape etc.

This is the style we are looking for. Explain more in depth about their appearance, what they eat, etc. Maybe talk about the "moondance" as being their mating ritual. However they cannot be considered relatives of Zubat as they are totally different genus and species and class etc. They are nocturnal yes but it doesnt make them relatives of Zubat.

Consider a different summery as most this end part is opinion. Something that sums up all you have said and about its situation in the wild or something.

Not a bad start, but continue in the style I said and it will work out great.
    Sorry about that. I didn't have alot of time to write it, I have added to it though.

Edit: Plain Trainer, yay.
    Last edited by SuperShadow; 20th September 2006 at 1:36 AM.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend
    They have a serpent like shape akin to Ekans and Seviper but are in know way related.
    "No".

Unlike the bodies of it’s young, Steelix’s have 3 pair’s large blunt protrusions from the body which replace the horn that was present when it was an Onix.
    "its", "pairs of".

The use remains the same however; the horns are used as self defense and for digging.
    "in".

The top of the head features two small blunt protrusions, possibly dull horns and the neck surrounded by more blunt protrusions.
    Missing an "is" between them.

The mating season begins in month and it is truly a spectacular sight to see as it is the only time that males and females congregate in one area.
    What month?

Here’s male Steelix’s will try too woo a suitable female by either a show of strength in which it battles an opposing male or a dance in which it spins rapidly on its tail, literally showing off. A male may mate, with as many as 10 females during this time.
    "Here,", "to" and kill that comma.

After the mating season, the female begins to eat excessively, to provide food both for herself and her young during the 4 month gestation period.
    Kill that comma too.

After the mating season, the female begins to eat excessively, to provide food both for herself and her young during the 4 month gestation period. It then digs a cave or uses an old abandoned mine, as mentioned before, as a suitable egg laying spot. It rarely eats during this time as it prepares to hibernate.
    O_o

After that time it starts to eat again and collects vegetation for her young.
    "collect".

There have also been rumours of Steelix's living for a 100 yrs and becoming crystaline, though this is a false fact because most Steelix's dont live up to be even 90.
    Why is chatspeak in an encyclopaedic entry!?

A very good article, but watch the typos dude, they're really annoying!

After the mating season, the female begins to eat excessively, to provide food both for herself and her young during the 4 month gestation period. It then digs a cave or uses an old abandoned mine, as mentioned before, as a suitable egg laying spot. It rarely eats during this time as it prepares to hibernate.
    ---------
    O_o
    exactly what I was thinking o_o
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions everybody. I have made the required corrections and also imrpoved the reproduction section. I have also added a special paragraph called "Advice for trainers"

There have also been rumours of Steelix's living for a 100 yrs and becoming crystaline
    The bolded is neither a mistake nor chatspeak. It actually is how it is written nowdays.

Coming Next: The Thunderbird Zapdos
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

Gah. Absol's taken?! *sighs* Well, anyway... here's Shuppet/Banette's article. Hope yer guys like it.

Banette (Marioneta Bijuu)
    Height: 3’ 07” Weight: 28 lbs

No one truly knows how the Banette comes into this world. Some say that they are Ghastly-possessed dolls; others say they’re simply restless souls who take the shape of them. What is known about them however is that they all came from the similar-looking dolls. These marionettes tend to live alone or in small groups, usually in old, abandoned buildings. Or the dark shades of the forest, where both tranquility and darkness are provided at great amounts.

Technically, the Banette does not really, to put it blandly, live on Earth. The only physical aspect of it is the doll their spirit resides in. These Pokemon –both wild and home kept- can last for as long as 150 years, and even as short as a few seconds. There really is no difference in distinguishing the males and females, since they do not reproduce; after all, Shuppet (Young Banette) are not called the Lebendig Burattino- Animated Puppets for nothing.

Banette actually comes to the physical plane through two ways – evolving from a Shuppet or through the Marionette Theory. Certain Banette, instead of evolving, come into being from the abandoned husks of rag dolls, and it is the rejected love of their child that allows them the divine spark of life. But once broken, these true Marionettes fade away, never to be seen again. Shuppet, on the other hand, gain their spark of life through slowly feeding on the negative emotions of humans –hate, revenge, anger, sorrow etc. Since these puppets become alive through the many dark side of people, they usually do not fade unless they stumble upon a place where positive emotions are plenty.

Being mere dolls and puppets, Banette and Shuppet do not eat; rather they live by feeding on a human’s negative emotions, growing stronger as one’s thoughts grow darker and darker. The thought of killing and revenge especially excites these Marionettes, as these sinister thinking ways help make them grow stronger. Shuppet mature into Banette after they have gained enough energy, which can span from mere hours to several years depending on where they gain it from. Because of their dark nature, not many trainers would choose making either part of their team. If one does, however, extreme caution is advised when handling these sinister Pokemon.

Since Absol's taken... (Damn. I already had an article written up and all that... T.T) I'll reserve... eh... Houndour/Houndoom as well as... the Legendary Moltres, if possible. If that's taken by DarkLegend, then I'll settle for Caravana/Sharpedo. However, it may only be during 12th October onwards that I will put them up - my exams are coming soon and I need to study. >.<

Knightblazer

Hey Knightblazer! You tan take Moltres, I've reserved Zapdos and the Exeggcute family. Also, I think you would be better off as making banette an actual animal/pokemon but also a biological enigma (Think Shedninja). Say that banette family are normal pokemon except that their ghastly appearence had caused many ancient civilizations to adopt the image of a banette/shuppet as one of true evil. Voodoo priests have been known to use banette dolls for their magic. But it is your choice, we are all researchers after all ..... lolz!

For Philly!
    It is said that the can break almost any pokemon in half with a single crush between the pincers.
    It is said that the pincers can beak almost any pokemon in half due to their immense crushing power (go to wiki and give an approx pressure amount. Look under crocs).

Pinsirs can bench more the 3times it weight so it can battle with larger foes
    What does this sentence mean??

Pinsirs are very strong bug pokemon and has many counterparts to see who is the best in the forest
    Pinsirs are rather strong bug pokemon who regularly spar with each other to find out who is the best.

there diet constits of tree sap and nector like the hereacross. some have seen swarms of pinsirs and hereacrosses fighting for nector on a trees.
    Nectar and Herracrosses
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

Can I reserve Unown?
    Of course!

Phillyboomerangs your article is much too short. It should be at least twice as long.

Knightblazer i liked your article although i agree with Darklegend in that Banette should be considered an animal/pokemon and not a mystery. Just my opinion though.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

i'll edit it

I'll write about any available birds, if you want. Briefly checking over the list, that's Pokemon like Taillow/Swellow and Altaria and such. I don't know much about Johto though...

Made by Voltaic

Arrow has claimed Altoshipping in the Couple Claiming Thread Ver. 3.0! Also supports Abilityshipping and Chikoshipping...and BoltBeamShipping (Articuno/Zapdos), and Pidgeot/Swellow, which as far as I know don't have names yet

Claimed Larry "Pixy" Foulke from Ace Combat Zero as my bishie, 'cause he's one hell of a fighter pilot. And he's got an awesome plane.

Proud owner of the Flying Type Pokemon Fanclub!!!
    Where the name of "Arrow" comes from

Zapdos (Electro Ciconiidae)
    Height: 5” 3’
    Weight: 116 lbs
    Zapdos, also known as the Thunderbird is the 2nd in a triad of legendary (immensely powered) bird pokemon representing Ice, Thunder and Fire respectively. It is a pokemon of the Electric/Flying element. They are about the size of a family car and their natural habitats include’s desert cliffs and snow-less mountainous areas. They appear to be a large predatory bird bright yellow in color with 2 pairs of wings. The primary yellow wings used for flight and a secondary thin pair of jet-black wings which are considered vestigial as they serve no real purpose, save perhaps increased manuverability during flight. The wings themselves have sharp edges and are rather short, due to this Zapdos have been observed to spend much of their time in flapping rather than glide. However the desert sub-species has been known to glide for long periods of time due to the fact that the heavily heated earth gives off plenty of thermals for the birds to gain lift from and glide on. Zapdos also a have a short sharp pointed tail with several ‘spikes’ as they are commonly called. The head also is surrounded by several pointed ‘spikes’ , the number of these are a sign of age for these pokemon. More the number of ‘spikes’, the older they are. It has a sharp, pointed and toothless beak whose upper portion is elongated and sharp while the lower is just 1/3rd the upper’s legenth and being rounded. It has two prominent yet small eyes on either side of its beak. They have unfeathered legs unlike the rest of their body with 4 talons on each (3 facing forward and one backward). The talons are curved which are used to snatch prey from the air or stand on branches.

Zapdos are one of the few bird species known that do not have a specific territory and are generally tolerant of other pokemon as long as they don’t interfere with its day-to-day activities. Zapdos are solitary by nature and rarely congregate with others of their kind, save perhaps the young and the mate. Zapdos build nests, high on the edges of cliffs or atop large trees. They may travel large distances to find just the right mateirals needed to make one which includes brambles, tree bark and leaves. The Zapdos is carnivorous bird which used to be a highly disputed claim but thanks to efforts of National Geographic’s ‘Critter Cam’ program, it is now a widely accepted fact. In the desert areas, they mainly feed on those pokemon which they find such as Raticates and even Jolteon’s which have been known to inhabit this harsh terrain. In the mountains however, food is more plentiful and varied due to which the Zapdos in these areas are larger, sometimes even reaching 7 feet. The diet here conists of fire and steel types, more specifically Cyndaquil, Quillava and the occasional Skarmory if a Zapdos is feeling rather hungry. The mountains are the only habitat inhabited by their natural enemy, the Tyranitar, which may attack a full grown Zapdos viciously without remorse.

The mating season begins in the monsoon season when thunderstorms are common. Male and Female Zapdos will often travel miles searching for a suitable mate and when they do find one, they mate for life. Zapdos, like all other pokemon woo their mate, in their case by showing off their power over thunder. The mating pair then go off to find a suitable area for nest. The female’s gestation peiod is 7 months and during this time, she will stay in her nest as her mate brings her food. After 8 months the female lays 4 eggs and takes care of them until they are able to hunt for themselves. Newborn Zapdos look a lot like their parents except they have no feathers which reveal their pink skin color. After the feathers grow in a matter of weeks, a newborn looks exactly like a miniature version of the adult Zapdos except that their head has no spikes, which grow as the Zapdos matures. An amazing fact is that a Zapdos who has lost his or her mate will mourn for them for days and not even eat. This is a show of true emotion which is mostly seen in humans and other humanoid pokemon. Zapdos have never been kept in captivity because these birds tend to be unruly in cages, however due to their curious nature, it has been somewhat easy to find about them. The average lifespan of a Zapdos is 65 years.

Advice for trainers: Zapdos are one of the easiest to train legendary pokemon there and tend to be friendly once they get to know their trainer. It is therefore advised that trainers should not be afraid or hesitate to appraoch a Zapdos as it may consider this hostile behaviour. Like Gyrados, Zapdos are one of the most loyal pokemon known to man and will always be ready for a challenge. They are proud creatures and demand respect for their loyalty which would be automatically given, considering their legendary status. A playful Zapdos is a happy Zapdos. For example they often tend to give to a small jolt of electricity to their trainer, if they notice that he/she is ignoring them. Trainers also note that it is generally a good idea to let your Zapdos out during a thunderstrom because basking in its own element will make a Zapdos stronger. These magnificent and rare beasts are a joy to train.
    Last edited by DarkLegend; 21st September 2006 at 6:15 AM.

Another good article
    Checking the post again after you have posted it will really help in ridding it of these pesky typos! Spell checking helps immensely too!

Zapdos are one of the few bird species known that do not have a specific terrotory and are generally tolerant of other pokemon as long as they don’t interfere with its day-to-day activities.
    "territory".
    Zapdos are solitary by nature and rarely congregate with others of their kind, save perhaps the young and the mate.
    In the desert areas, they mainly feed on those pokemon which they find such as Ratticates and even Jolteon’s which have been known to inhabit this harsh terrain.
    Too many 't's.
    The diet here conist of fire and steel types, more specifically Cyndaquil, Quillava and the occasional Skarmory is a Zapdos is feeling rather hungry.
    "consists", "if".
    The mountains are the only habitat inhabited by their natural enemy, theTyranitar which may attack a full grown Zapdos visiously without remorse.
    "the Tyranitar", "viciously".
    Zapdos mate for life. Male and Female Zapdos will often travel miles searching for a suitable mate and when they do find one, they mate for life.
    Rather redundant since the next sentence states it again.

Zapdos like all other pokemon woo their mate, in their case by showing off their power over thunder.
    "Zapdos, like".

The female’s gestation peiod is of 7 months and during this time, she will stay in her nest as her mate brings her food.
    "period", and kill that "of".

Zapdos are one of the easiest to train legendary pokemon there and tend to be friendly once they get to know their trainer.
    "legendary pokemon to train".

hey are proud creatures and demand respect for their loyalty which would be automaticaly given, considering their legendry status.
    "automatically", "legendary".

Hey thanks for the typo check again!
    I'm happy you liked it.
    Coming Next: The pokemon most likely to become omlete. EXEGGCUTE
    I just discovered something!
    Exeggcute's Ru/Sa/E dex entry states that "When cracks start to appear on all the eggs, it means exeggcute is close to evolution." This means that exeggcute must evolve naturally and doesnt require a leaf stone. However, it is a bit difficult to imagine six eggs maturing into a ..... tree!
    Thats why i prefer the 3rd and latest gen, more animal like.
    Last edited by DarkLegend; 21st September 2006 at 6:29 AM.

can I just say that instead as pinsirs and heracrosses it should just be pinser and heracross as the plural of any pokemon is the same as the singular

Sure! Wynaut !

Another great article Darklegend. Looking forward to Exeggucute. Pink Parka Girl has an awesome theory on evolution stones, in her Eevee article, you may wish to use. Of course you dont have to and are allowed to use your own theories as well.

If Beautifly is open, may I do that one?

'll write about any available birds, if you want. Briefly checking over the list, that's Pokemon like Taillow/Swellow and Altaria and such. I don't know much about Johto though...
    Sure but specifically state which ones.

If Beautifly is open, may I do that one?
    You dont need to ask. If it isnt listed as under construction on the first page then its open. Just say your reserving it and that fine. So basically...yes you may!

I wish to reserve Torkoal please
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

i did my edit on pinsir is it what you want?

Snorlax .Snorlax .Snorlax .Snorlax .

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast