Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

So sorry to say this, but I've been so busy/lazy/I forgot/uninspired lately that I might not be able to do the Castform article at all. I only had inspiration for it when I requested it, but didn't start doing it yet as I had to go to bed(it was late) If I remember to visit around here and have time and a burst of inspiration, I might request one sometime. But I'm sorry about this.
    No worries, i understand.

I liked your article Trax, was very good. I loved the way you described Ditto.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Well here is Walriens(I did not know how to find its latin or chineese name so it will not have the thing you guys put on the side of the nameand this is my first try so please dont be to hard):

Walrien
    Hieght: 4'8
    Wieght: 342 lbs.
    Length: 3'2

Walriens are heavy pokemon that can be very strong. Walrien are in a color pattern of sky blue and sapphire blue. Though they have wiskers that cover there face and only show there forehead and eye's. They have a blue nose and right under itare it's mouth which contain two long tusks about as sharp as knife's. Its tusk are great for hunting and bitting off on other pokemon. Walriens are omnivores and can be seen eating anything they can find. Some pokemon that it eats include Barboach, Whiscash, Feebas, Snorunt(on land), and even Milotics. Some have been seen eating Whailmers or even Whailords. They are solitary pokemon who love to fight any pokemon that gets in there way. There wickers are said to be used to heat up the face and and eye's resulting for them to see better in the freezing cold waters of the north pole or the even colder waters of the Antartic. Walriens can stand these conditions and extream weathers because of all its fat.
    Walriens are not life maters and thier mating season is from November 31st through January 30th. This is because there babies known as Spheals have less fat than there parents and can not stand the cold weathers. After the mating season the mother Walrein goes off by herself and lays her eggs. Mother Walriens stay with there eggs and have about 3-4 eggs a year. After about three to four months the eggs hatch and the baby walriens known as spheal stay in a borrow there mother prepares for them for about three months in which the mother bings them there food. Sfter those three months the spheals leave the borrow and help there mom with the hunting. Spheals are different in many ways for one there wisckers are hardly seeable and they are of a lighter blue. Also they have less fat than Walreins. About two months after they are helping there mother they have grown bigger, fatter and have bigger wiskers. There color has changed to light blue and from then on they are known as Sealeos and are left to fend on there own. Sealeos make little colonies with there brothers and sisters and work together to get more food. After 9 months of being together they are full grown Walriens and leave by themselfs awaiting the mating season.

(Credit to Yami Ryu for my awsome Tentacool!)

I would like to reserve the Lickitung/Beruberuto line. These articles are wonderful everyone's articles are excellent! You and Trax I especially liked your articles, excellent descriptions of both pokemon!
    ~Love--Dance~

uuh cooler3o5. You kinda did a double post of your article on Walerein ^^;
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Sorry will delete now. Also can I reserve Noctowl if not taken.

The Ditto thread is fixed a bit but you gotta point my grammar mistakes bcause I'm seriously writing according to my heart.

Trax i liked your Scizor article it was good. However justice_pie is right. From a real life perspective a Scyther wouldnt evolve through trading.
    I forgotten to reply to this comment. I was trying to explain this is the easiest way to evolve Scyther rather than getting struck by lightning.

Added images to my articles so you can visualise the description I wrote.
    Last edited by Trax; 14th October 2006 at 5:25 AM.
    Pearl Name and FC:GOD and 5026 0894 6157

^Current Team^

sorry about the shortness of my article but I don't know what you mean when you say i contradict myself, sorry but I don't see the bit that you talked about (sorry) Also if i may reedeem myself from the last article, could I give Bouyusel and Floatsel a try. (I have a few more ideas for these two so it should be a bit longer.) Could I also ask what is the amount of words you expect?

Edit: forget the floatsel line. I'll let someone better do it.
    Last edited by nashie1; 14th October 2006 at 12:18 PM.

So here's weezing. This is only my fourth article, but this one was HARD. Weezing/koffing are so weird and don't really mirror any animals in the real world, I about pulled my hair out looking for ideas. And the chemicals were a nightmare. I searched WMD, exhaust machines, A/Cs, just about anything that blows air. I sort of BSed the physiology, but I think it works. I hope you guys like this one. I'm sorry if I get too wordy, but I like detail, and if you're gonna do it, do it right. Plus I think it's fun making up this false reality. Giving an animal traits no other animal has ever had. Cool stuff. Criticism?

Exspare globus, or "to exhale" and "ball".

Weezing (Exspare globus)
    Avg. height: 3'11" (1.2 m)
    Avg. weight: 21 lb (9.5 kg)

Weezing are commonly found in and around volcanoes, geothermal vents, abandoned mines, and man made landfills. They can be found in every region except Orre. Weezing are one of the more intriguing pokémon found due to their unique yet complex anatomy and physiology.

(Due to the adult weezing's strange anatomy, and to better explain how it comes to be, the first parts of this article will be devoted to juveniles.)

Weezing juveniles are commonly referred to as koffing. Koffing are globe shaped creatures, often colored a dark purple. They have the ability to float in midair due to the gases they store in their bodies (see below). They are completely limbless. What is unique about this is weezing lack vestigial organs of any kind (besides their two teeth, which appear to be useless to the pokémon). Snakes such as arbok or seviper even have small claws on their bodies, indicating where, further back the evolutionary chain, legs were once present. It is unknown where weezing fall in the classification of pokémon. Currently, weezing belong to their own taxonomic order, Exspare. The term Exspare is a name holder from class down to genus until more can be learned about this creature's origins.

Koffing (the juvenile weezing) are covered in small round craters, each with a small sphincter in its center. When this sphincter relaxes, the crater opens as wide as six inches, allowing an observer to see right into the Pokémon's body cavity. Because of this and the koffing's skin elasticity, they can go from a diameter of 1'6" to about 6'. The koffing's skin is very thin, about as thick as a human eyelid. The skin is an organ in itself, being able to stretch and contract without the help of muscles. In fact, koffing are completely devoid of muscles or bones (again, besides their two teeth). This is thought to help them minimize their weight and keep aloft. The skin covers the koffing's outer body, as well as the inside of the craters and the gas chamber inside their body. The koffings organs are found on the outer edge of their body, and can sometimes be seen through their thin skin. The only orifices besides the craters are their eyes and mouth. The young koffing often has a disillusioned expression, its eyes askew, and mouth turned in what seems to be a mocking grin. Two fangs protrude from the koffing's lower jaw (made from cartilage) and don't seem to aid in mastication at all. Their internal organs are built from several layers of the same tissue comprising their skin, including the heart, lungs, and stomach.

Here we will get into the ways in which koffing acquire and use the chemicals found inside their bodies. There are actually four subspecies of weezing: Exspare globus fluorine, Exspare globus borane, Exspare globus iodine, and Exspare globus chlorine. Each are so named because of the areas in which they live and the chemicals primarily found in their bodies. In this article we will discuss Exspare globus fluorine, or the Cinnibar weezing. The element fluorine, a halogen and no. 9 on the periodic table, is the single most reactive element on the periodic table due to its extreme electro-negativity. Fluorine is diatomic, meaning it exists almost exclusively as two fluorine atoms, or F(2).

The Cinnibar weezing is found near volcanoes (Cinnibar Island) or geothermal ducts (Fire Path). In order to float, the koffing needs to inhale (through the sphincters, not the lungs) a gas which is lighter than air. For these koffing, it is methane, CH(4), which is readily available from volcanic emissions and vents. The koffing also ingests fluorite, a hard mineral which is made from one calcium (Ca) atom and natural fluorine (F(2)). A chemical reaction in the Pokémon's gut separates the calcium from the fluorine. The calcium is digested for energy, and the fluorine is retained for use in defense. The koffing will introduce small amounts of fluorine leftover from the fluorite into its gas chamber, allowing it to mix with the methane stored there. The koffing immediately fully expands its skin as methane and fluorine are explosive when they react. Below is the chemical formula for methane and fluorine reaction.

CH(4) + F(2) --> CH(3)F + HF

The products of this reaction, seen on the right of the formula, are methyl fluoride (CH(3)F) and hydrogen fluoride (HF). Methyl fluoride is extremely flammable, which intensifies the flames erupting from the koffing's gas chamber. Hydrogen fluoride is retained and kept for even further attacks. Hydrogen fluoride is kept as an aqueous solution, and can therefore be squirted back at attackers. This chemical is highly toxic and can be fatal if absorbed through the skin, as it attacks the nerves and bones, bonding with the calcium found there. Burns caused by hydrogen fluoride take years to completely heal, and often times, the bone cannot be saved. As such, the Cinnibar weezing is considered extremely dangerous and only to be handled by trainers with at least 10 years of experience. It is illegal to bring a koffing or weezing indoors as the gases are lighter than air and are prone to leakage through the sphincters. This leakage can displace oxygen and in an enclosed space, cause asphyxiation.

After the koffing reaches an age of about 4 years, it begins to grow curious about the opposite gender. This urge can come from a male or female koffing, as they are very similar despite their reproductive differences. After a short time, its hormones force it to propel itself toward the nearest koffing of the opposite gender. As they bump and collide in the air, the "attacking" koffing shoots small bursts of methane at the other. If it is able to do this correctly, it will force a reaction with the fluorine in the other's gas ducts. After the usual explosion and spitting of toxic hydrogen fluoride, the two koffing are now permanently bonded together by a single gas duct. This gas duct looks much like an arm stretching between the two. Almost immediately, the two begin pumping gases in and out of their bodies. To maximize pressure inside their gas chambers, when one koffing inflates, the other will deflate. The koffing do this for some time, sometimes as long as a week straight, until their gas chambers are completely fused and have no chance of accidental separation. The two koffing are now considered to be one weezing. They remain individuals in every sense of the word. They do not share nutrients or thoughts, merely internal gases.

The weezing is now capable of reproducing on its own. The koffing's reproductive organs are found inside the gas chamber. When the female half is fertile, the male half will violently inject sperm into her gas chamber, where it fertilizes her 3-4 eggs. About a week later, these eggs are layed in a small sand pit made my blowing air into the sand. If sand is not present, they will mix fluorine and methane, causing an explosion in the rock floor. The weezing then hovers above the eggs until they hatch 4 weeks later. The newly hatched koffing are immediately capable of everything its parents are and require no instruction or care from birth onward.
    Last edited by Dunsparce4prez; 15th October 2006 at 6:17 AM.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

great weezing article nice and long and even chemistry stuff nice ill just add it

Talking

yay!here's my deodude/gravler/golem article! (sorry that it dosen't have the latin names.)

Geodude vegrandis iugosa
    Gravler Scopulosum iugosa
    Golem Adamanteum rex

The golem is a type of pokemon found in most places in the world, and is most famous for rolling down mountains and hills, causing avalanches.

The young of this species are called geodude, they look like tiny boulders and their hide is very strong.
    For the first few weeks of this pokemons life, it is very weak, it can barely see, or hear, and so cannot risk being out in the wild, as pokemon like hariyama and fearow sometimes eat them. These newborns can be found hanging to mountain edges, or anywhere relatively cliffy.
    Seeing as it cannot go and search for food, its body depends on nutrients its mother passed to it, just before birth, the new borns body goes into a hibernating like state which helps to ration this nutrients, amazingly, tests done on baby geodudes show
    That there body can live off extremely small amounts of nutrients for these few weeks.

When the pokemons body has developed, it climbs off the cliff it is hanging to, and goes in search of food, if it doesn’t find anything to eat within 24 hours of coming off the cliff, it dies of starvation. However, this isn’t normally a problem seeing as this pokemons diet includes rocks, preferably mossy rocks, and smaller pokemon like caterpie or weedle. It is still quite a mystery how this pokemons tiny body is able to
    Digest rocks, but it is believed that the pokemon has 4 stomachs, each being very acidic, which can dissolve the rocks, the reason it prefers mossy rocks is that they contain small amounts of water, and other nutrients that the pokemon needs. it only needs around a few drops of water a week to keep alive.

They sleep in holes they dig under the ground with their powerful arms,
    All that sticks out of the hole is the top of their heads. This pokemons hide is very strong, and so, even if someone steps them on, they will not wake up, or even be disturbed. They are very solitary, and so are almost never found in groups.

When they reach adolescence at around 4 years, they go and dig large holes to hibernate in,
    Which tend to be 3 times the size of their body’s, they then the cover the hole over, so that they are not disturbed, whilst in there. They gorge themselves on as much food as possible before going into hibernation. While in the hole, its body rapidly changes. This process is completely painless for the geodude.

When they wake up, around 1 month later, they look very different. It is much bigger than it originally was, and so the hole might not be very comfortable any more.
    They now have legs, and four hands, and as opposed to having 4 fingers and a thumb, they only have 2 fingers and a thumb. They don’t quite know how to these these new limbs for the first few weeks but they get the hang of them a few weeks after waking up.
    Oddly, the gravler, as they are called in adolesence, now seem to be totally dependant on rocks. And so a gravler can eat thousands of times its own weight in rocks during its adolescence. These gravler are very rarely seen, because they live high up on the tops of mountains. They stay on their mountaintops until all the rocks there are almost gone, then they move on to somewhere else. The gravler seem to like mountaintops because of all the snow/dew on the rocks up there. As there body’s now need around a pint of water a week to survive.
    When these gravler do move on, they roll down the mountain, which is potentially very dangerous, they knock down trees, smash into hikers, and can even crash through buildings on the mountain side.
    If these pokemon do come into contact with one another, it is usually because they both want the same mountain; they will fight each other to the death for the mountaintop.

At around 10 years, the gravler reach maturity, and go into hibernation once more, so that their body can change into an adult.
    When they wake up out of this second hibernation, around 4 months later.
    They have only 2 pairs of arms now, 2 legs; there body now has an extremely hard boulder-like shell around it.
    And they have a head and a neck (which they did not have before)

This is the first time in the golems life, when it can breed, but the golem only breed for one week every year. This week is normally in January, and seeing as this week is so special, there are laws forbidding trainers to interfere with the golem during it. The golem have mating spots where they will always go to breed, a famous spot in hoenn is granite cave.
    The males will fight each other to attract the attention of the females.
    Sadly, seeing as there are quite literally no pokemon who prey on golem, thousands of golems get killed in these fights, its nature’s way of keeping down the population. Its mainly males who get killed, but sometimes females, who get involved into the fight by accident, can get killed. Once a female has mated, she will go away for 6 months, when she is about to give birth; she will go either to the mating spot to
    Have the babies, or on a cliff.
    The females normally give birth to around 10 geodudes.

The golem need to eat a huge amount of food (well, rocks) a week, because there body needs huge amounts of nutrients to reproduce its shell, which it sheds every year.

The golem are now quite sociable and normally lives in clans of 10-20 on the tops of the largest mountains.
    But this can be bad for any villages near by, as if there is an avalanche, all the golems will roll down the mountain at once, smashing down anything in there path.
    There have been cases of this where the golem have rolled down the mountain and rolled straight through villages leaving them completely wrecked.
    But ancient mountain tribes countered this problem by surrounding there villages with trenches , which diverted the golem.

hope you liked it
    Last edited by justice_pie; 16th October 2006 at 5:02 PM.

Great golem article, justice_pie. Makin'up the Latin names is the fun part for me. Scopulosum iugosa (rocky and mountainous) or Adamanteum rex (hard as rock and king) would be fine. You could use golem's Japanese name as the genus or the species if you wanted. These aren't based in reality so just go wild. Or not. :P

I'd like to put my name on Munchlax and Snorlax. EDIT: Nevermind, I'll wait until I finish Metagross to reserve another one.
    Last edited by Dunsparce4prez; 16th October 2006 at 4:39 AM.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

Default Sorry!

Hi! Its me Dark Legend back after a week. The reason I was absent so long was because I was shifting from one house to another and my computer crashed........ lol!
    The exeggcute/exeggcutor article will ve written today
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

A gift from me. Anyone can put it on their sig and link it to this thread. You can put it on the title header.
    Last edited by Trax; 16th October 2006 at 7:28 AM.

^Current Team^

nice but isnt it encyclopedia pokemonia if you fix it up would it be ok to put on the site?

Sorry I didn't make it. I paid someone to do it.

^Current Team^

Quote Originally Posted by Dunsparce4prez View Post
    Great golem article, justice_pie. Makin'up the Latin names is the fun part for me. Scopulosum iugosa (rocky and mountainous) or Adamanteum rex (hard as rock and king) would be fine. You could use golem's Japanese name as the genus or the species if you wanted. These aren't based in reality so just go wild. Or not. :P

I'd like to put my name on Munchlax and Snorlax. EDIT: Nevermind, I'll wait until I finish Metagross to reserve another one.
    i would like to make up the latin names,but i dont know any latin
    so i think i'm just gonna use the japanese names from now on.
    and i would like to reserve teddiursa/ursaring, and trax,did you actually pay someone money to make the sign? i thought shops in the fan art section made them for free
    Last edited by justice_pie; 16th October 2006 at 4:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justice_pie View Post
    i would like to make up the latin names,but i dont know any latin
    so i think i'm just gonna use the japanese names from now on.
    This website was posted here a few days ago. You can enter English words and out comes the Latin meaning, with several different choices. For Golem you could put in "hard" for the genus and "rock" for the species or whatever you wanted. I'm not being picky mind you, if you don't want to use Latin names you don't have to. Just throwing this back out here.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Offers
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus

Sorry, didn't see the Ninetales post... can I reserve Dewgong/Seel please?

Well here it is again but with latin names on it.

Walrien(aequoris crustalli)
    Hieght: 4'8
    Wieght: 342 lbs.
    Length: 3'2

Walriens are heavy pokemon that can be very strong. Walrien are in a color pattern of sky blue and sapphire blue. Though they have wiskers that cover there face and only show there forehead and eye's. They have a blue nose and right under itare it's mouth which contain two long tusks about as sharp as knife's. Its tusk are great for hunting and bitting off on other pokemon. Walriens are omnivores and can be seen eating anything they can find. Some pokemon that it eats include Barboach, Whiscash, Feebas, Snorunt(on land), and even Milotics. Some have been seen eating Whailmers or even Whailords. They are solitary pokemon who love to fight any pokemon that gets in there way. There wickers are said to be used to heat up the face and and eye's resulting for them to see better in the freezing cold waters of the north pole or the even colder waters of the Antartic. Walriens can stand these conditions and extream weathers because of all its fat.
    Walriens are not life maters and thier mating season is from November 31st through January 30th. This is because there babies known as Spheals have less fat than there parents and can not stand the cold weathers. After the mating season the mother Walrein goes off by herself and lays her eggs. Mother Walriens stay with there eggs and have about 3-4 eggs a year. After about three to four months the eggs hatch and the baby walriens known as spheal stay in a borrow there mother prepares for them for about three months in which the mother bings them there food. Sfter those three months the spheals leave the borrow and help there mom with the hunting. Spheals are different in many ways for one there wisckers are hardly seeable and they are of a lighter blue. Also they have less fat than Walreins. About two months after they are helping there mother they have grown bigger, fatter and have bigger wiskers. There color has changed to light blue and from then on they are known as Sealeos and are left to fend on there own. Sealeos make little colonies with there brothers and sisters and work together to get more food. After 9 months of being together they are full grown Walriens and leave by themselfs awaiting the mating season.

Here's Dewgong, quite lengthy lol. All conversions are rounded off, and height and weight for the Arctic Dewgong are purely fictional.

Also, I'd like to reserve the Dratini family, please.

Dewgong Otariinae immaculatus

(Despite Seel’s name, I have related Dewgong more to the sea lion due to its long neck)

Arctic Dewgong
    Height 6 ft or 1m80
    Weight 146 lbs or 66 kg

European or common Dewgong

Height 5 ft 7 in or 1m20
    Weight 265 lbs or 120 kg

There are two main breeds of Dewgong: the Arctic Dewgong (Otariinae arcticus) and the Northern European Dewgong (Otariinae europa). Even though, strictly speaking, the European Dewgong was specifically bred for Pokémon training, they are close cousins, and only have minor differences. For convenience, any mention of ‘Dewgong’ will refer to the Arctic species, unless stated otherwise.

The Dewgong typically has a snow-white coat for camouflage in the Arctic sea. The Arctic Dewgong’s blood is similar to nitrogen, having an extremely low boiling point; to avoid its blood evaporating, the Dewgong dives in the most extreme temperatures, explaining why it is found to be most active at extremely low temperatures. The freezing point of its blood is so close to absolute zero (-459.67°F or -273.15°C) that a Dewgong can never cease to be active (unless it overheats). To stay cool, a Dewgong will dip its body in water, then haul itself onto a floating piece of ice and fan itself with its large fins. Seafarers have been found to confuse the Dewgong with a mermaid when it exhibits such behaviour. If it is still hot, it will pump its fins with blood. The fins, like an elephant’s ears, are extremely thin and large, and are criss-crossed with capillaries, making it an effective tool for losing heat. Its fur is slick and allows the Dewgong to swim at high speeds, usually around 7 knots (7 nautical miles/h, or around 12km/h) but sometimes up to 20 knots (around 37km/h). It has a small, strong horn on its forehead to crack pieces of floating ice apart to use as breathing holes.

Carnivorous, a Dewgong’s diet consists of small fish like Remoraid or occasionally Octillery, Tentacruel or Cloyster. They are known to dive as deep as 600 ft (180m) for food. Their main predator is the Arctic Ursaring, to which they are a related, but since these bear-like Pokémon only wander into Dewgong territory in late winter, this is not a major problem. European Dewgongs have been known to be threatened by Gyrados or Sharpedo, although the true Dewgongs never experience this threat, as they live too far north. Occasionally during the summer Blastoise and Feraligatr will catch a few pups, but the most deadly threat are humans, who hunt both parents and pups.

Social creatures, Dewgong males will have a harem of ten to fifteen females and their pups. Although Dewgong spend most of their lives in the water, such harems will gather on icebergs during the mating season and for rearing their young, creating the illusion of a large group of hundreds of Dewgong. They will share their refuges with Walrein if these are nearby, and members of either species has never been reported to threaten or show aggressive behaviour towards the other. Dewgong females are pregnant for about six months and give birth to one pup, called Seel, at a time. Smaller than their parents (measuring around three feet seven inches, or around 93.5 centimetres), Seels have an extremely thick layer of fat to prevent them from losing heat; indeed, their blood is comprised of plasma until adolescence, where it will change to allow the Seel to swim. Because it cannot enter the freezing water, Seels are extremely placid and often spend days without moving. This makes them easy targets for the few predators that can endure the cold, and humans.

At around two years old, Seels become increasingly active, rapidly shedding their fat as their blood changes. This is a crucial time for Seels since those who do not lose weight fast enough will die from overheat. They then grow horns and longer fins. This transformation takes less than a month to complete, for at this stage the mother is nursing a younger Seel and will now allow the older one to feed. This means that this step is critical for a Seel for it might starve to death, their fat having been shed. Those who do survive (less than one in ten) immediately take to the water to hunt, although their clumsiness makes them vulnerable to the very prey they catch. Since adolescence is a time of immense loss, one a year, Dewgong mothers will mourn together for three whole hours, between dusk and twilight, singing in voices very close to a human girl’s. This is considered an event of exceptional natural beauty, and no hunting is allowed during this period.

The European or common Dewgong was a breed established in 1965, when trainers discovered that wild Dewgong could not battle until they had been quarantined for a year due to their blood evaporating. A team of the world’s most famous Pokémon experts, including Professor Oak, set up a project to create a new species of Dewgong that would be suitable for battling. Travelling far north, they captured wild Seels and bred them back in Kanto before their blood turned to the nitrogen-like substance (in honour of the Dewgong they named the Arctic Dewgong’s blood dewite). The result was a species of Dewgong who still had a thick layer of fat, as well as smaller fins (to prevent heat loss). The species itself was also smaller, and more compact, weighing in at 265 lbs (120 kg) for just 5 feet seven inches (or 1m 20), equalling 1kg for every cm in height! These Dewgong were released into Kanto, where trainers could catch them. They have bred successfully in the wild ever since, and since they do not have the ability to take over the Arctic species (their layer of fat would be hindering as well as ineffective), the European Dewgong Project is hailed as the most successful New Species Plan since the Resurrection of Aerodactyl Project (1758).
    Last edited by Libie; 18th October 2006 at 11:12 AM.

All reservations accepted.

A gift from me. Anyone can put it on their sig and link it to this thread. You can put it on the title header.
    Yeah thanks. Will do.

Dunsparce4prez your article is nothing short of amazing!! You must have done so much research for it. It truly payed off, excellent work. I loved your explanation on how a Koffing turns into a Weezing. As well as the reproductive theory.

A good article justice_pie. It was very interesting and i liked the information about ancient people and trenches.

A nice article cooler3o5, although i bit on the short side. Perhaps any future article could be a bit longer. But otherwise good job.

Loved your article too Libie. Especailly the European Dewgong information, a very nice touch.

Great great work everyone!!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

lol i find some of these things funny
    I've officially claimed Venusaur

Didn't see that comming :^o

Talking

dunsparce4prez, that koffing article is incredible! i especially liked that bit about the male and females fusing to each other, my science teacher would have loved it

AND could any one help me? i can't think of a way that teddiursa can turn into an ursaring without using hibernation,as i have used hibernation in my past 2 articles and i don't want to keep using it
    Last edited by justice_pie; 20th October 2006 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justice_pie View Post
    AND could any one help me? i can't think of a way that teddiursa can turn into an ursaring without using hibernation,as i have used hibernation in my past 2 articles and i don't want to keep using it
    Sexual maturity perhaps?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

great dewgong article cool about the blood temperature and that

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast