Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon trainer View Post
    Aresues are pokemon, which are descents of the tamed Rapidash from the Shinnoh region. Rapidash were bred with other pokemon, to help create ‘the prefect’ pokemon, bred with other tamed pokemon. They were soon wiped out when the old world caught up with the new world. They were soon released, and are now considered RARE. There has sadly only been one sighting in the region of Shinnoh. No-one is sure if it’s male or female.
    I do rather like the rest of the article (though wouldn't rapidash lay eggs, since like all other mammal pokémon, they're monotremes?), but would prefer if this part didn't contridict my own arseus article ^_^' It's just one thing we have to be careful of when writing articles - then again, it's not like everyone has the time to read every single article ^_^' Just if you think another person's article has relivance to your own, you should always read the other article so you don't contradict it too much so the encyclopedia as a whole is a consistant work

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Yeah its a good idea, it would actually help some of the people that arent the best article writers. Ill try to get started on it and of course its open for anyone to edit should they want to.
    I agree that it's a good idea If less articles had to be rejected due to low quality, things would go faster ^_^ I'll try to think of stuff to contribute to it as well.
    Last edited by Pink Parka Girl; 29th January 2007 at 7:24 AM.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Corsola:

Coral Pink
    Corallium Pungere

Height: Largest female recorded at: 1’90
    Largest male recorded at: 2’55
    Overall: 2’00

Horn length: The largest recorded was at 12 inches. It was found in Hoenn, during the summer.

Life span: Wild: The oldest was set at 20 years for a female. The oldest male was at 18.

Weight: up to 11’0lbs for a healthy average, although up to 13lbs have been recorded.

Sexual Maturity: a female is able to have at the age of 6 months and the male at the age of 8 months.

Number of months pregnant: 1 month. The fertilized eggs are released into the sea after a month.

No. of Young: up to on thousand released but not many survive.

Habit: southern ocean and tropical places.

Diet: herbivore – in general these eat under water plantation, which is the reason they live in such tropical climates.

Sub species: None

General life style: The Corsola pods live out in warm seas, and thrive when there is a plenty of food. The winter they breed, however they are easy to find, especially as the skin reflects the sun easily. If the area they live in becomes polluted in any way, the corsola move off, as their branches start decompose and disintegrate. In general they live a stress free life, and avoid places they know where predators are going to be. Gyardos are the biggest ones around, as they have large jaws and hunt on around the corals on a regular basis; other threats come from Tentacruel, and occasionally Feraligatr.

Corsola are rarely hunted, most of the population threats and hunting threats, are from human activity.

The pokemon that live along side them and with them various from where the pod lives. These include: Tentacool, Starmie, Staryu, Chinchou, Lanturn, Clampearl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Qwilfish, Mantine, Luvdisc, and Horsea

However, now the numbers of wild Corsola are falling rapidly, due to global warming, and increasing human activity and over-catching of these beautiful and kind creatures, man kind has made the numbers, decline, rapidly, there is now a world wide conversation on them, in Hoenn especially where the numbers are steadily increasing, in Kanto they are extinct but efforts to revive them are under way. In Johto where they were first found, and named by Prof.Elm of New Bark College, they have remained here, in steady numbers, and are safe, since they are a national icon of here, people will only catch these if the numbers in an area are secure, by which can recover quickly or if there is a population boom, and the numbers of corsola are higher then what the available food source.

Mating: Corsola lives in large pods consisting of one male and several females (up to 13 females). During the winter the male mates with all the females in his pod, and one month later the eggs are released into the sea currents where they left to fend for themselves. The eggs when they reach a suitable to place to start their life, the eggs will hatch and the young will start the life. The place must have enough food and shelter. If the eggs land in a place of high concentration of food and the temperature is warm, then the eggs will hatch and the baby corsola will form tight knit communities in which they will stay together for life.

Uses: The horn at the top of its head was used in medicine before the practise was abandoned. Corsola are a study pokemon, and can be used to help find pieces of red material called ‘red shards’ these are used to make fire stones. In the wild, young and small pokemon hide away in the branches. In the past, groups into thousands were used; people would make houses on top of these pokemon, when these people found dry land, and they would make homes here, and build towns and cities from this.

Colour: the topside is usually pink and the bottom white, however it has been known to be a pale blue.

In general: When questioned, trainers said that Corsola, where rather quiet natured and when a bond was formed; they were a strong and stubborn pokemon.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

I'd like to do, diarga and the Hizarkou line please

I would like to do Elekid/Electabuzz/Elekible please!

I would like to reserve Octillary please.

May I reserve the Clamperl line please?

sorry if Rhydon/Rhyhorn article took a long time to finish ^^; here it is, and if there's any problems, tell me. Except for the two latin names thing, I heard enough of that already X_X

Rhydon (Cornuductor Sidon)

Height: 6’3
    Weight: 265’0 lbs

Rhyhorn (Cornigermilito Saihon)

Height: 3’3
    Weight: 253’3 lbs

Ryhorn and Rhydon are both large beast pokemon that’s they’re skin and armour are encased in solid stone, not to mention they are known for their brute strength and high denfense (mostly because of their stone armour). Now how the Rhyhorn and Rhydon is a real mystery indeed, where did they come from and how they were created. The only thing that historians know about the origins of Rhyhorn and Rhydon was that they were originated during the stone age, back when the legendary pokemon Regirock ruled all of the rock pokemon.

Rhyhorn has four short legs that are encased in grey stone, with armour like body parts sticking out from the connection point of the legs and body. It’s body and head is also encased in grey stone, but the body part also has spikes growing on the spine part of the body, extending from the back of the neck to it’s tail. While the head is like the helmet of the knight, hard and not easy to penetrate. With red eyes gleaming, and a sharp stubby horn. This pokemon is a force not to be reckoned with.

Rhydon on the other hand was much taller then Rhyhorn, mostly because Rhydon can stand on it’s hind legs while Rhyhorn standed on all four, but the weight is closely the same. Rhydon has a beige belly colour, with short thick legs that has two claws growing out of them. It’s arms is not considered skinny, but it’s not thick either, but that does not mean Rhydon can’t lift heavy boulders with it’s arms. The spikes on it’s back are not as long and thick as it’s devolution form Rhydorn, but it makes an exception as they are sharper. It’s tail is also another powerhouse to Rhydon’s body abilities. The tail is thick and long, and with enough power, it can destroy a rock wall that is 4 feet thick, and it can severly injure pokemon and humans when it’s hit by it’s swish. It also has two horns, one on the back of the forehead, and the other on the snout The horn on the snout is also it’s most powerful part, but unlike Rhyhorn’s, the horn is also a drill, which helps Rhydon penetrate through any kind of rock that proves to be too tough for the tail.

Now even though Rhyhorn as immense strength. Among the list of Pokemon I.Q., Rhyhorn is on the ten least intelligent pokemon. Which could probably explain it’s ungodly short attention span. Example, when it charges towards an enemy, by the time it strikes the opponent, it forgets why was it attacking in the first place. But the strength is so great, that it can send a truck flying a long distance. Now the interesting thing about Rhyhorns are they’re bones, they are extremely harder then human bones, about one thousand times harder to be precise.

Rhydon is considered to be leader of Rhyhorn packs, and it actually might be a good thing, cause the I.Q. of Rhydon’s is much greater then Rhyhorn’s. It’s body is also considered to withstand intense heat, like molten lava, however the skin has also weaknesses. Rhydon’s skin is so insensitive that it can’t realize that some of it’s body parts are seriously injured.

Both of the main pokemon’s diets is berries, leaves, grass, and plants. Because they are herbivores, that’s why half of the pokemon live in forests, but they live in the part of the forest that is extremely close to the rocky canyons and mountains, cause the rough terrain can help them get away from any pokemon trainers that want to catch them and from enemy pokemon.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 5th February 2007 at 2:20 AM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Dang, I was going to do Lickitung.

Oh wells, Could I please do the Pineco line?

All reservations accepted.

Great articles Dragon tamer. Continuing to produce some nice articles!

sorry if Rhydon/Rhyhorn article took a long time to finish ^^; here it is, and if there's any problems, tell me. Except for the two latin names thing, I heard enough of that already X_X
    XD OK i wont say a word on that. Its a good article. The only problem I have with it is the following line.

back when the legendary pokemon Regirock ruled all of the rock pokemon.
    The Encyclopaedia is from a real life persective and as such one Pokemon would not rule over others. I understand that its your opinion and how you perseve the continuity, but it seems very out of place with the rest of the articles as they perseve legendary Pokemon as simply super rare and endangered and certainly not mentioning one Pokemon "ruling" over others.

Now the interesting thing about Rhyhorns are they’re bones, they are extremely thicker then human bones, about one thousand times thicker to be precise.
    Shouldnt that be harder? Otherwise Rhyhorn would ave some insanely fat bones and be hundreds of times bigger than it is.

Working on the tutorial, and if its ok with everyone i may use some completed articles from a couple people as examples on how to write and different styles.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

man, I can never seem to get a break of getting the view right >>;;

The Encyclopaedia is from a real life persective and as such one Pokemon would not rule over others. I understand that its your opinion and how you perseve the continuity, but it seems very out of place with the rest of the articles as they perseve legendary Pokemon as simply super rare and endangered and certainly not mentioning one Pokemon "ruling" over others.
    I won't change it, cause I meant in the past, now today there are no legendary pokemon being leaders.

Shouldnt that be harder? Otherwise Rhyhorn would ave some insanely fat bones and be hundreds of times bigger than it is.
    Well, actually thicker and harder considered to be the same thing, I guess it's how you think the word means. Changed it

Working on the tutorial, and if its ok with everyone i may use some completed articles from a couple people as examples on how to write and different styles.
    That sounds like a good idea
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon trainer View Post
    Salamence:

Mountain Dragon
    Drakon mont?neus
    Purely meaning dragon of mountains which is exactly what they are.
    Height: Tallest female recorded at: 3’95
    Tallest male recorded at: 5’35
    Overall: 4’11
    Wing span: The largest recorded was at 10 metres.
    Life span: Wild: The oldest was set at 400 years, in captivity the oldest was 1000.
    Weight: up to 226.2 lbs, although to 246.0lbs have been recorded
    Sexual Maturity: at least 100 years when a fully grown Salamence
    Average Incubation: After mating, roughly hundred to two hundred eggs are laid, they hatch at two months
    No. of Young: one hundred to two hundred young but only a handful makes it to adulthood
    Habit: Mountains exclusive.
    Diet: As Bagons, they are omnivores, towards the end of Bagonhood, carnivores and from Salamencehood carnivores .

Bagon: A salamance's life starts when it hatches out normally in the spring/summer months, a female will lay a clutch of about hundred to two hundred eggs at a time. When they hatch are normally a blue colour, ranging from a light blue colour to a deep midnight colour, however sometimes they can be a light mint green colour, their eye colour is normally a brown colour, which can swing from brown to chocolate brown, other eye colours include blood red, varies shades of blue. But the standard is black.

Unlike their adult counter parts, these have many predators, including the older Shellgon and the adults Salamence. Anything that can kill it will. It spends the first year of its life deep in caves, trying to find enough to eat. They eat on whatever they can find. Occasionally when food is scare they will try to kill one another. It really survival of the fittest for these.

During the second year to the tenth year as a Bagon, they will come out, they are now much stronger, but still don’t venture out to much. Eating berries, which come into season at different times of the year. During this time they will practise and perfect their moves.

The remaining young that last this long, will now be venturing out at ten years of age now will be at least tripled their height and weight, so are now stronger and can repel most predators. They now start to learn to hunt, starting with small easy to hunt and kill animals such as caterpie, weedle, wurmple, spinarak, small rattata, whismer, small and young animals. It’s only this time they will fish regularly as well. As Shellgon they hunt small to medium animals but mostly stay hidden in isolation awaiting the growth of the wings and Salamence in general unless it is nessascesally don’t like to hunt, for fear of damaging their wings. They hunt, small and young fish, remoraid are a popular favourite, as are poliwag, young horsea, corphish, feebas and Magikarp.

From the ages of ten years to twenty years they must eat and eat to prepare themselves for evolution. They must eat so much because they rarely hunt as Shellgon. During this time, they keep trying to fly by throwing itself of mountains. People to witness this may think they are sending themselves to their deaths, but they are hardening the bones on the head, ready to evolve, it is a sign they want to evolve.

At the age of twenty years they gather, at the peak of the largest mountain they are born in. The locations are as followed:

Kanto: Mt Silver
    Mt Moon
    Mt ember
    Victory Road
    Sea form islands
    Johto: Whirl Islands*
    Union Cave*
    Hoenn: Dewford Cave*
    Sky pillar
    Victory Road
    Meteor falls

Key * - although sightings of breeding have been reported no eggs or live young have ever been known in that area. Strange happenings have been known, when data was taken from Bagon at Mt.Ember, increased happenings of the young having fire attacks.

If the young are old enough and strong enough they will evolve into Shellgon.

Shellgon: This phase of their life is their longest. Spending the first twenty years as a Bagon they spend until the age of 100 as a Shellgon, at first the shell surrounding the body is light and it’s easy to move around. Then as the animal gets older the shell starts to harden and in the last ten years as a Shellgon, its spends it time it a cavern, maybe occasionally hunting young Bagon but mostly sleeping.

The diet now for these creatures changes dramatically; they may hunt occasionally but mostly eat berries to help the growing wings.The reversed stores of fat keep the growing dragons going.

At this time, they may also spend time trying to find stores of platinum and other minerals and metals within the cave, this helps then as adults to use there moves perfectly, especially the move dragonbreathe and any fire moves.

Not much can be said about Shellgon as 90% of the time they sleep, 10% is eating.

At 100 years of age they come out after winter, they evolve the whole process takes about two days. During this the animal has grown about three or four metres both length ways and in height.

The process includes the shell breaking, the breaking out of the cave it has been sleeping in, and then the wings must dry out. This is the fundamental reason why they must evolve in the summer or spring. After this the creature has now become a Salamence.

Salamence: The creature is now a fully fledged Dragon. It is now an adult. Before there first feed as an adult, its crawls into the cave and as a long and large feed on minerals and metals, this must take place so that the Dragon can use its powers to full advantage.

To avoid the back draft of flames a false plate prevents this, evolutionally from crocodiles and Alligators, Feraligatr line also has this, so are related to these, as the Feraligatr line also evolved from the Crocodiles and Alligators. To fly they have large wings which help. They also have ‘flight bladders’ which are full of hydrogen, these are when fully inflated are about 120cms to 360 cms.

Salamence use their flying skills to hunt down large prey regularly, often on girfarig and ursaring and large prey, although have been noted to take down, other large flying prey such as pidgeot, fearow, on occasion Dragonite, Charizard, Alteria, although it is rare to try and down charizards and dragonites. When food is scares they will attack and turn on each other although this is rare. Females are torrent of each other, and can hunt large prey together; this is rare and has been sighted only a handful of times in the last century. Males though stay on there own due to there temperament they kill other males within sight, fighting long and hard. To avoid other competition. Close contact by these creatures is usually avoided.

Mating

In the summer Salamence gather to the places mentioned before. At these places, females will gather, up to a week in advance. Feeding close to the sights, Salamence which hatched will not mate in the first year to give their new bodies time to adjust. This applies to both males and females.

During mating the females will fly above the males, who try to get the best position on the mountains, the higher they go, the better the chances. They flex their muscles, and use their wings to show off their strength. They also display using their fire and dragon moves. The best and healthiest male will win.

When a female chooses a male, she come enough to him, and gently use a dragon move on him, if he is strong enough and has little mark left, it shows he is healthy enough male to withstand attacks and that his young will be the strongest.

She will then lead him on a daring flight. This can lead them so close to the sea. This is daring enough, as he is following her on her tail, at all times. She will show she is strong to mate and carry young by flying as high as Mt.silver, the largest mountain, at least three times the high of Mt. Everest. If the male can follow her to this height then only now may she think he is strong enough to breed.

That this point, the male, will push the female down to land. He usually finds a large cavern, often hidden away from other dragons and from humans. To satisfy the female the male, keeps the cavern clean and until the female wants to breed will demand food. The male will hunt for her. He will bring back, large qualities of food for her, when female does finally accept him; the mating itself will be short.

The female will nuzzle the male and together will fly the highest they go together, at the tip of the earth’s atmosphere. Here the male and female will now lock, then from this height then we spiral down to earth, at a tremendous speed. This to scientists is the flight of death. This has rarely been witnessed by anyone as it is so rare. They spiral downwards, when at the bottom at the ground the split and fly back to the cavern, spiralling together; the female will let out two large fire balls, to indicate she has been mated successfully. The male at this part will leave the female and go and continue his life as a nomadic male. The female at this part will now use this cavern and start to create a little nursery, she will now, hunt regularly a little further away from the cavern.

She will in one month time lay eggs in the cavern if it’s suitable, if not she will find a place further down the mountain. A month after mating she will lay about one hundred to two hundred eggs, and guard then for a month then abandon them to their fate. No one is sure why this happens, the only speculation there is that the female looks after the eggs whilst they are at the most vulnerable but when the eggs are stronger they are harder for them to crack. Another theory is the hormone responsible for looking after the eggs, simply switches off. Tests are still going off to determine the reason.

The female will continue her own life after this.

Salamence in general dream of flying, and for this many wont land for months at a time, if it can support it on the air easily.

As a pokemon within the group, Salamence line are very stubborn and headstrong but when you get the time to know them and understand them, they become rather loyal to them and from a survey carried out, the trainers all had posistive attitudes towards their own Salamence. They all mentioned that it was strong and powerful creature which was a gem to own.

i must apologise for the length of time i took: had problems with the comp and with college

I know this article was posted a while ago, but I just wanted to say that this is really similar toa show about dragons that was on the History Channel. Really good though.
    advance shipping forever
    contestshipping must die painfully

I have claimed Saint Bernards and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Together they shall rule the world.

Proud member of Xbox 360/Xbox Live Club and the Mythical Creatures Club.

Paired with SkyHighSwellow
    She's a Contestshipper that dislikes Advanceshipping and I'm an Advanceshipper that dislikes Contestshipping. *nodnod*

I'm real sorry but I'm gonna have to withdraw my reservation for Clamperl and its evos. No matter how hard I try, I can only muster up about half a page for Clamperl and Huntail. I did manage a whole page but it was mostly repeated stuff so itll probably be deemed unaceptable. Sorry.

Here is everybodies favorite transforming fish.

Octillery (Toxotidae okutan)
    2'11". 63 lbs.

Octillery is an aquatic pokemon. It is orange and has five tentacles with suction cups on the end. Octillery can live as old as thirty-five years, and survive off a diet of pokemon such as Horsea. It has an ability to shoot powerful blasts of water, accurate up to thirty feet. Octillery takes in water through its snout like appendage on the front of its face. From here, the water is stored in a small organ that allows Octillery to heat or cool the water. Finally, the organ shrinks, causing the water to become very pressured, and Octillery unleashes the water back through its snout with amazing force. At full strength, its blasts have been known to destroy rocks as big as three feet in diameter. Octillery also has the ability to release ink to stun prey or confuse predators. To perform this task, it feeds off of sediments off the bottom of the floor. These sediments mix in a small pouch with water over a short period of time, and become a black, inky substance. It is release through the snout.

There are two main types of Octillery. They are the Salt-water Octillery and the Fresh-water Octillery. Salt-water Octillery, as the name states, has the ability to filter salt water. Its diet consists of Pokemon such as Horsea and Tentacool. This Octillery also has predators such as Sharpedo. While the Salt-water is aggressive and territorial, the Fresh-water Octillery is docile. This is most likely because the Fresh-water Octillery has no natural predators. Its diet is mostly Surskit and Masquerain. This Octillery hunts by hiding under foam or other cover and snipes its prey with its dangerous blasts. At one time, there was a different species of Octillery call the Arctic Octillery, but it was hunted to extinction for its delicious taste and its rubbery skin that was resistant to the cold.

For Octillery, mating season is around February. During this time, males become very aggressive, no matter what species they are. In the event that two males find a female at the same time, which happens very often, they fight over the female. When they fight, they do not use there water blasts (which could accidentally kill one Octillery), but instead they use their thick skulls and head butt each other until one gives in. After a male claims a female, they mate, and the male leaves to search for a new mate. The female, on the other hand, searches for a hole or cave to give birth to her young. Good selection for a nest is the tricky part. The female must select a place that has a steady amount of prey, because she cannot leave her nest to hunt in case another female tries to claim the nest. When hunting from her nest, the female shoots down prey close to the nest and only moves a few feet to take the prey.

Around March, the female Octillery lays about sixteen eggs, but they will not hatch until May or June. This is because the baby within the egg uses the temperature to decide when it is not too cold to kill them. For this reason, the mother must be careful not to heat the eggs. When the eggs hatch, the infants look completely different then the parents. They are blue and have two fins on the back of them. They also have a small horn on their heads and a fin on there stomachs. These creatures are known as Remoraid. They still have the ability to shoot water, but it is much weaker, unlikely to do more than disturb gravel. The mother hunts for them until they are around two months. The pack of Remoraid stay close together until the water begins to cool in early October. At this time, the Remoraid will return to the nest it was born in. Soon they begin to salivate a dense liquid. The saliva covers the Remoraid and sticks them on to a nearby wall or ceiling, and the saliva begins to harden. The Remoraid, in this form, look like cocoons. Then, in December, the cocoons brake open and out comes the Remoraid transformed into an Octillery. How this drastic change occurs is still unknown to scientist. The Octillery have now achieved adult hood. The group separates and goes there own ways.

Could a take the clampearl line next.
    Last edited by Glitch Taimer; 5th February 2007 at 7:53 PM.

Excuse me but has the reservation for Mime Jr and Mr. Mime ended yet? I would really like to make an article for this pokemon...
    ~Love--Dance~

man, I can never seem to get a break of getting the view right >>;;
    Its just that you have a different perception, there is nothing wrong with that, after all its your own article.

Great Octillery article Glitch Taimer, looking forward to clamperl.

On that note:

'm real sorry but I'm gonna have to withdraw my reservation for Clamperl and its evos. No matter how hard I try, I can only muster up about half a page for Clamperl and Huntail. I did manage a whole page but it was mostly repeated stuff so itll probably be deemed unaceptable. Sorry.
    You could have posted what youve done thus far and asked for advice and what to add. How do you know it wasnt acceptable...

Excuse me but has the reservation for Mime Jr and Mr. Mime ended yet? I would really like to make an article for this pokemon...
    Yes it has, ill reserve it for you. Any article with reservation dates more than two weeks old are up for grabs.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Hey you! (lol) i was just looking on the first page and like, i sorta noticed that you had't made a link to my post on the Emperte Article yet...
    well, just like to like, point that out.

Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

If Megadio26 wants clamperl now because he/she now knows they can ask for advice, i am willing to trade in clamperl for Delibird.

Hey you! (lol) i was just looking on the first page and like, i sorta noticed that you had't made a link to my post on the Emperte Article yet...
    well, just like to like, point that out.
    Sorry my mistake, thanks for pointing that out!

If Megadio26 wants clamperl now because he/she now knows they can ask for advice, i am willing to trade in clamperl for Delibird.
    It was actually nashie1, but ok ill put you down for delibird too, maybe you should contact him/her in case they want to carry on?

Wow, this is great. Can I write a piece about the type Water?

edit: I didn't really knew if I could write it, but I did anyway ^^; Here it is: (please crit on spelling and worduse. I'd like to learn =])

Type: Water (Physical)
    Resistance: Fire, Water, Ice, Steel.
    Weakness: Electric, Grass.
    Super Effective: Fire, Ground, Rock.
    Not very Effective: Water, Grass, Dragon.

Introduction:
    Unlike what many people think, not all Pokémon, and especially their bodies, are the same build. The body structure is a complicated thing, and classification of a Pokémon in a type doesn't really depend on it's abilities and looks. In this piece I’ll clear up some facts about water Pokémon.

Classification:
    When is a Pokémon called water-Pokémon? To find this out scientist look very close to the body of the Pokémon. Unlike all other Pokémon types, water Pokémon have cells capable of holding water. They can expand for 1,5 times when fully used. This has the purpose to keep the body from drying.
    (But watch out! Not all water Pokémon have these things. Some only have a special organ which saves water. This is a similar system, but some mammal-like/bird-like Pokémon need this because of it’s fur or feathers what seals it’s skin.)
    This gets us to the second point. Water Pokémon always consist for 60% or more of water. This is the reason why deceased water-Pokémon always look so very smaller. The water inside of it’s body vaporized, and the corps shrinks, unless it is in a wet environment, like a pond or the sea.
    You can split water Pokémon up in amphibian and those who can only live ęn water. Amphibian often have rougher skin or covering and can live outside of water many, many days. They are more used to drought and heath, but their bodies are not so filled with water as you may think. Having much of water results in big differences between times with plenty of water, and times when there isn’t any. Amphibian consist between 60 to 70% of water. In times of drought their water-capacity can drop to 40%. Lower percentage is critical for a water Pokémon.
    Aquatic Pokémon are more used to water, and staying out of water for more than 16 hours can be fatal for them. (For some of them, mostly fish-like Pokémon, this can be changed into 3 hours max.) Their bodies consist for 71% or higher of water. Aquatic Pokémon have a quite sensitive, soft skin* to absorb water quickly. Because of this sensitive skin some (smaller) Pokémon protect it selves with a rock hard shell. When a aquatic Pokémon evolves, it could become amphibian.

Amphibian:
    Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
    Psyduck/Golduck
    Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
    Seel/Dewgong
    Krabby/Kingler
    Vaporeon
    Kabutops
    Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
    Marill/Azumarill
    Wooper/Quagsire
    Suicune
    Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
    Ludicolo
    Wingull/Pelipper
    Corphish/Crawdaunt
    Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
    Pochama/Potashi/Empelt
    Biidaru
    Buizel/Floatsel
    Palkia

Aquatic:
    Poliwag/Poliwhirl**/Poliwrath**/Politoed**
    Staryu**/Starmie**
    Lapras**
    Tentacool/Tentacruel
    Shellder/Cloyster
    Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
    Goldeen/Seaking
    Magikarp/Gyarodos
    Omanyte/Omastar
    Kabuto/
    Chinchou/Lanturn
    Qwilfish
    Corsola
    Remoraid/Octillery
    Mantyke/Mantine
    Lotad/Lombre/
    Surskit
    Carvanha/Sharpedo
    Wailmer/Wailord
    Barboach/Wishcash
    Feebas/Milotic
    Clamperl/Gorebyss/Huntail
    Relicanth
    Luvdisc
    Kyogre
    Karanakushi/Toritoidon
    Keikouo/Neorant
    Fione/Manaphy

* Beware of exceptions.
    ** Are capable of living outside of water but prefer to be in contact with water.

Habitat:
    In general, all water Pokémon live in or close to the water, like the sea, river or pond. Which environment the Pokémon prefers depends on the species. Some Pokémon can only live in salt water, other ones only in still, fresh water. Of course there are Pokémon who can live in any of them.

Water moves:
    Water Pokémon are the only Pokémon which can unleash water in a stream. This can vary between a squirt to a huge blast. The water is stored in the cells and intercellular spaces. Just a simple contraction of the muscles and the water gets pumped through special organ in the mouth (if the Pokémon haves one) and gets spouted out. The size of the spout depends on the size of the Pokémon, and the muscles of the Pokémon. The stronger the Pokémon, the faster water comes to it’s mouth. Bubblebeams are similar, aside from the fact that it’s air, not water, coming out of the mouth through a gooey substance. This makes bubbles. As with the spouting moves, the size of the bubbles depends on lunge capacity and muscular power.
    Although along with spouting moves, there exist extern water moves like Surf and Rain Dance. It’s still not completely cleared up where the water comes from, but scientists are sure it is not from the body. Some people believe that it’s an upper force working, but this is scientific incorrect.

Water Pokémon in the food chain:
    The locations of water Pokémon in the food chain vary. There are many strong and big water Pokémon (Blastoise, Feraligatr, Wailord) but the biggest part are smaller and weaker. This means water Pokémon are mostly located in the far, far bottom of the food chain. Fortunately, water type Pokémon reproduce quite quickly, and they’re evolving fast. There are 92 water Pokémon discovered, but scientist believe there are still more than a hundred species in the very deep oceans.
    Last edited by Zig; 9th February 2007 at 1:43 PM.
    Currently not trading Only uncloned 3694 6819 4319 GMT +1
    Wants: Dragonite, Politoed, Aipom, (Slowking,) Gligar, Scizor, Shuckle, Kingdra, Porygon2, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Sableye Haves: IcePunching Buneary, Carnivine, Swellow, Elekid, Rhydon, Swinub, Snubbull, Igglybuff, Tauros, Clefairy, Electabuzz + Electirizer (only for rare), Farfetch'd, Voltorb, Magnemite, Chansey, Cubone, Wooper, Marrill, Golbat, Bibarel. Will trade legit uncloned Mesprit for legit uncloned Legendary Dog (Entei prefferably)

I'd love to do Houndour's line if it's not taken. If so, I could do Kabuto's.
    Now THIS is music!

Quote for January: "I gave all my fat clothes to my fat friends."- Bowflex commercial guy
    lol, guess how many fat friends he has know...

Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Water moves:
    Water Pokémon are the only Pokémon which can unleash water in a stream. This can vary between a squirt to a huge blast. The water is stored in the cells and intercellular spaces. Just a simple contraction of the muscles and the water gets pumped through special organ in the mouth (if the Pokémon haves one) and gets spouted out. The size of the spout depends on the size of the Pokémon, and the muscles of the Pokémon. The stronger the Pokémon, the faster water comes to it’s mouth. Bubblebeams are similar, aside from the fact that it’s air, not water, coming out of the mouth through a gooey substance. This makes bubbles. As with the spouting moves, the size of the bubbles depends on lunge capacity and muscular power.
    Although along with spouting moves, there exist extern water moves like Surf and Rain Dance. It’s still not completely cleared up where the water comes from, but scientists are sure it is not from the body. Some people believe that it’s an upper force working, but this is scientific incorrect.
    Nice article, I think I can help you with where the water comes from for surf... Maybe the water pokemon can use the moisture in the air to create the vast amounts of water... Mime Jr article is coming along real great should have it up tommorow...
    ~Love--Dance~

The Grass article's comming along; expect it by the end of next Friday. Just checking in...

Wow, this is great. Can I write a piece about the type Water?

edit: I didn't really knew if I could write it, but I did anyway ^^; Here it is: (please crit on spelling and worduse. I'd like to learn =])
    You dont have to wait for me to say "reservation accepted", just say here you want to write it and ill put the reservation on the front page as soon as possible...But great article, i really liked it.

I'd love to do Houndour's line if it's not taken. If so, I could do Kabuto's.
    Both are taken...check the front page...However the Kabutops reservation is old so ill put you down for that line...
    Last edited by you; 11th February 2007 at 12:32 PM.

nice articles everyone ive added them sorry for not adding them sooner

Without further ado, here's the Kabutops article. I couldn't decide how to make it move for a while. The Dex said it swam but I thought it would have to swim like a person. Not very efficient for a water type. Anyhow, I figured it out so here it is. Criticism welcomed if not enjoyed...

Kabutops: (Limilus kabutops)
    Avg. height (adult): 4’03”
    Avg. weight (adult): 89.3 lbs
    Avg. lifespan: 20 years (oldest recorded was 31 years)

Kabutops is a carnivorous, ocean-dwelling pokemon. Its body is covered by a very tough exoskeleton and its forearms are tipped with 2 foot blades. Though thought to be extinct, Kabutops larvae have been found in the wild in very rare instances. Its body is extremely streamlined which enables it to move about with ease on the ocean floor. The actual method of locomotion used by Kabutops is debatable. Some scientists originally believed that it swam but with the discovery of so many skeletons in a prone position with prey underneath of them, it is now widely believed that Kabutops moved about by crawling on the smaller claws of its feet and the large sharp claws on its forearms. With this new discovery, it can be assumed that Kabutops hunted by slinking along the muddy bottom and pouncing on its prey.

Kabutops is unique in that its body is encased in a tough exoskeleton but the fossilized remains (and few living specimens that were regenerated from fossilized DNA) also contain an inner skeleton. Scientists are still unsure of the exact purpose of this inner skeleton but studies are currently being conducted on the few living specimens. The exoskeleton of a Kabutops is made up of many interlocking plates. These plates allow the exoskeleton to be very flexible yet still maintain its durability. Tests have actually shown that a Kabutops exoskeleton can resist even gunfire for short periods of time. The plates have also shown an ability to heal themselves over time if damaged.

Kabutops’ feeding habits are also somewhat of a mystery. The few living specimens will not feed in captivity and only feed in the wild at night. One theory was that Kabutops was vampiric. It was thought to use its large claws to open up wounds in its prey and drink their blood. It would then let the prey go rather than kill it in order to preserve the amount of prey they could hunt. This theory seemed to be proven by tubes leading from its rather diminutive mouth to two large organs thought to be holding and digesting chambers for the blood. After much research, though, this theory was refuted because of the discovery of tubes leading from the large claws on the forearms directly to the veins of the Kabutops. These tubes were found to have other forms of organic residue that did not belong to Kabutops. It is now thought that Kabutops feeds by stabbing its prey with its claws and squirting digestive juice from one of the organs connected to the mouth. It then drains the digested tissue directly into its bloodstream where enzymes break it down into energy for the Kabutops. The other organ contains pressurized water that can be squirted in self-defense.

Until very recently, Kabutops’ mating habits were unknown. It is now proven that Kabutops reproduce externally. The female Kabutops lays her eggs (up to 10 at a time) in a nest she digs in the sand for a week every year. The week in question is apparently decided at random but it may have something to do with the cycles of the moon. The female then releases a chemical to attract males to fertilize the eggs. Once the chemical is released, the female buries the eggs and leaves. She doesn’t care for the young at all. The young remain buried in their eggs for 5 weeks before hatching. The larval Kabutops are called Kabuto. Kabuto are rarely larger than one foot in length. They are covered by a hard shell through which their eyes protrude so they can see their surroundings. The underbelly of a Kabuto has four claws which it uses to walk about and gather food into its mouth. Kabuto feed on small organisms on the ocean floor such as newly hatched Krabby and even other Kabuto eggs. After about 5 years as a Kabuto, the larvae have grown enough to be considered Kabutops.

In the wild, Kabutops should be approached with extreme caution. They can move very quickly along the ocean floor and blend well against a muddy bottom. Their claws are very sharp and may contain rotting tissue that could cause sever infections. They are very aggressive if threatened and will attack repeatedly. The pressurized water launched by Kabutops can also cause large bruising and has even been known to kill if struck in the throat. Should you discover an injured Kabutops, keep in mind that they are very rare and very dangerous. Do not approach and contact your local authorities immediately.
    Now THIS is music!

Quote for January: "I gave all my fat clothes to my fat friends."- Bowflex commercial guy
    lol, guess how many fat friends he has know...

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast