Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 774

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Whew, here's Azurill all the way to Azumarill. Sorry 'bout the delay, but looking forward to doing the Milotic chain! BTW I spotted a mistake in my own Swellow article (apparently Swellow live for 5 years but Taillow evolve at 10... lol) but that's fixed now.

    Azumarill Aqua mariruri

    Azumarill are placid, bubbly Pokémon that live in lakes and rivers. Having the appearance of blue mouse-like Pokémon with large ears, Azumarill are usually around 2’ 7” (63 cm) tall, they have a thin tail with springy properties tipped with a bauble, which serves as a float. It spends the majority of its time in the water, its blue-and-white patterned body enabling it to camouflage effectively underwater: from above, the blue back blends in with the water; from below, the white underbelly looks like another patch of sunlight. Its ears gives it incredibly sharp hearing; it can hear a Krabby burrowing for food under 500 feet of raging river. An omnivore, Azumarill will stick to eating fruit or small insects, and will occasionally hunt small prey such as Rattata. If threatened, the Azumarill will roll up its ears and curl up simultaneously before rolling off into the nearest river. Since underwater predators make themselves scarce around one another, Azumarill are safest in the water, their natural environment.

    Azumarill are quick to reproduce and lead short, uneventful lives, making them very placid Pokémon. However they can be easily fired up and will shoot sharp jets of water with precision when angered. Azumarill males are noticeably smaller than the females, since the latter need to be able to intimidate adversaries. Females are in heat during the autumn, when the water is deep and it is easier for her to escape from danger whilst mating. She will be pregnant for four months to give birth in spring – another season of high waters. Baby Azumarill are referred to as Marill, and these round, mouse-like Pokémon are highly specialised to live in the water since birth. Their tails are filled with a special oil which allows them to use it as a float; as such, primeval peoples have hunted Marill for the oil to put into buoys. Marill grow quickly and will evolve once they hone their swimming abilities. This process takes a few weeks at most, and to celebrate their evolution the newly-evolved Azumarill will compare tail sizes. The one possessing the biggest bauble will get to be the first to swim in the water, and therefore the first to find a prospective mate.

    Only recently have scientists discovered that if two adolescent Marill are bred, the product is a small creature with a tail bauble as big as itself, and having no association with water other than its blue colouring and attacks. They named the baby Azurill. Azurill are an exclusively artificial Pokémon and wild Marill will never breed; therefore one will never encounter Azurill in the wild. Unlike its parents, an Azurill keeps its fat in its tail bauble, will not swim, and only enjoys extremely shallow and warm water. Scientists also discovered that it has a limited learning ability and will cease to learn moves after its twenty-first week. Pokémon Professors suggest that the Azurill’s difference to Marill and Azumarill come from it being artificially bred and that this is nature’s way of preventing Azurill to evolve naturally in the wild.

    However, if this Pokémon is nurtured and cared for by a trainer or adoptive Pokémon parent, it will evolve like an ordinary Pokémon. By acquiring experience through following a parent or trainer, the Azurill will hone the natural instincts that it was denied at birth and develop enough skills in order to evolve. However, this is a lengthy process and requires enormous amounts of patience and care. Trainers who manage this feat, however, often proclaim that their Marill are more mature and conscious of the world around them than natural Marill.
    Last edited by Libie; 7th November 2006 at 5:59 PM.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunnydale
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Could I possibly do the entry for Tentacool/Tentacruel and Zangoose, please? I already thought of the scientific names.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    527

    Default

    All reservations accepted

    Libie i liked your article, the way you got around the breeding needing an item was good. Well done.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

    ^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunnydale
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    I've finished Tentacruel. I should have Zangoose up by tomorrow.

    Tentacruel (Cyania dokukuragus)
    Height: 5’03” Weight: 121.3 lbs

    Tentacruel is a large species of jellyfish, closely related to the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish (C. capillata). It is a middle blue colour, with three red spots on its bell. It has an average of fourteen tentacles, each containing thousands of stinging cells (nematocysts), and two blade-like protrusions that contain an all together more potent venom.

    Tentacruel is a carnivorous animal that will extend its tentacles to snare anything edible. The poison in the tentacles is sufficient to stun or kill small prey such as Magikarp or Remoraid, but when it snares larger prey such as Seadra, it uses the tentacles to pull the hapless victim closer to the ‘blades,’ then uses them to inject a powerful neurotoxin that kills in seconds. Tentacruel then pulls its meal up towards the mouth on its underside and devours it.

    Before a Tentacruel is fully grown it is known as a Tentacool (C. menokuragus). Tentacool looks very similar to its adult form, but is smaller and has only two tentacles and no blades.

    Tentacool and Tentacruel are extremely common, and can be found basking in warm waters (about 78ş F or 26ş C) around the world. They generally pose no threat to swimmers, but on the rare occasion that they do attack humans, an antidote should be administered as quickly as possible. Tentacool’s sting, while painful, is harmless, but multiple stings can induce disorientation, vomiting, an itchy rash, and sometimes temporary paralysis. Tentacruel’s sting, on the other hand, is extremely painful and can easily cause the aforementioned symptoms. If a human is stung by the blades, an antidote must be administered within 10 minutes or else the victim will slip into a coma and die.

    Tentacool and Tentacruel can be male or female. They reproduce by squirting their reproductive cells into the water in clouds. This will produce eggs which hatch into fully formed Tentacool after a week. Tentacruel can live for up to thirty years in the wild, and fifty in captivity.
    Last edited by PsychedelicJellyfish; 9th November 2006 at 7:13 PM.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    527

    Default

    A good entry R. New although Zangooses article could be a bit longer than Tentacruels it would be great. Keep it up.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

    ^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunnydale
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    A good entry R. New although Zangooses article could be a bit longer than Tentacruels it would be great. Keep it up.
    Okay. I'll try and stretch Zangoose's article a bit more. There isn't really much to say about the Tentacool line, though.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Carousel Boutique
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    I liked your Tentacruel article R. New! Although you aren't supposed to mention real world animals in your articles. I cannot wait to see you're article on Zangoose! Hey, You what does that (6.11.06) thing mean next to my reserve?
    Last edited by Miss Rarity; 9th November 2006 at 10:34 PM.
    ~Love--Dance~

  8. #408
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mobius
    Posts
    957

    Default

    This is a very interesting topic! The pikachu info is remarkabul!
    However, I disagree with some mammal like pokes laying eggs, I think they only lay eggs in the games/anime because they are in captivity. I think wild ones have live young in the wild.

    It just seems odd to see a meowth/pikachu with eggs....

    Otherwise, Its very neat!

    ~~
    Don't kiss my eye!'

    That ain't Lugia...

    Fav Sinnoh Pokemon:

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Please do not unčreserve Milotic please I AM getting on wth it... although from now on my articles will take slightly longer... is that OK? And glad you enjoyed it you.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Hey, You what does that (6.11.06) thing mean next to my reserve?
    Just a the date you reserved it...so i know when your reservation expires.

    This is a very interesting topic! The pikachu info is remarkabul!
    However, I disagree with some mammal like pokes laying eggs, I think they only lay eggs in the games/anime because they are in captivity. I think wild ones have live young in the wild.

    It just seems odd to see a meowth/pikachu with eggs....

    Otherwise, Its very neat!
    Thanks for taking an interest. Yes normally i wouldnt expect rodents and mammals in general to lay eggs. But this is the Pokemon world after all.

    Please do not unčreserve Milotic please I AM getting on wth it... although from now on my articles will take slightly longer... is that OK? And glad you enjoyed it you.
    OK no problem i will reset all your reservation times.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

    ^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    eating ramen* what? oh, sweden
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    here it is, snorlax

    Mountain Snorlax (ursus kabigon)
    height: approx. 6 feet and 11 inches
    weight: 1041.1 lbs
    lifespan: 60-70 years or 40-50 years depending on species and location

    Snorlax is large bear animal. Its ears however reminds those of cats. This have started discussions about if it´s related to cats and not bears. However now is it claimed it´s related to bears.
    Snorlax is a truly omnivore. In fact, it can digest everything, from stones to mold food. It also has a very high developed immune defence that can neutralize any poison. Thanks to the defence, this pokemon becomes rarely sick.

    A Snorlax do only two things on a day: sleep and eat.
    They sleep for 15 hours and the rest of time to eat.
    If they get some time left, they take a little stroll or bath in a near by lake. They can swim, but rarely do. They often just flow around but this can cause trouble. In 1998, two snorlaxes drifted along on the sea to Kanto from Sinnoh.
    The unexperienced habitants of kanto had a hard time of them since the snorlaxes ate all food. However, they were later caught and released in Sinnoh again.

    In december - january, it is mating time. Males battle each other by body slam each other. Sumo wrestling said to be based on this. These battles can sometimes start avalanches in snowy regions. The battle ends when the female decides who will be her mating partner.
    After they´ve mated, the snorlaxes seperate. In the summer, the eggs hatches. The baby snorlax is called Munchlax.
    The mother takes care of them until they can eat by them selves. This takes just a week.
    After some time, when the munchlaxes have eat more than 4 ton, they evolve into snorlaxes.
    Munchlax is quite the opposite to snorlax, since they are hyperactive. However, they enjoy napping with snorlxes.
    They show respect to Snorlax by sleeping with one.

    Moutain Snorlax´s location is of course in rocky locations like Sinnoh. It´s quite common in asia but the subspecies, Southern Island Snorlax and Arctic Snorlax, live in warm islands (sevii islands and orange islands) and Greenland respectively.

    Snorlaxes are quite common with trainers, because their strength and mentality.
    *Mega Fairies*

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    91

    Default

    As promised, Milotic!

    Peacock Milotic Hydra pavonis

    Also Boreal Milotic, Blue-eyed Milotic, Fan-tailed Milotic.

    (The Hydra is a constellation… I’ll leave it up to you to find out which. And pavo is a peacock in Latin… apparently )

    Considered by many the most beautiful of Pokémon, Milotic are coated with shimmering, opalescent scales, which have long been treasured and are said to be worth more than gold. It is usually a shade of soft cream, with deep scarlet fins as ears and a tail covered in tessellating scales of blues and greens ending in a fin. Due to its tail, scientists have agreed to call this species of Milotic the Peacock Milotic; and although this is the most common variety, many variations in colouring have been reported throughout Hoenn. These are listed above. Its cry is also reported to be soothing and is extremely effective at drawing sympathy from other creatures.

    Gentle water-dwellers, wild Milotic dislike company and attention and make themselves scarce; an exception to the rule was the Scottish Milotic spotted by many during the 1990s, and which was wrongly named the Loch Ness Monster (it died in 1999, but baffled tourists are to this day visiting the well-known loch, unaware of the Pokémon’s demise). Due to its many healing abilities, many parts of its anatomy have been traded on black markets as charms, talismans, or ingredients for cures. Although such trade is watched upon, Milotic numbers have dwindled alarmingly since as early as 1865, which adds to its rarity.

    A Pokémon of imposing size, Milotic can grow to over 20’ (6 meters) in length, and as such learn attacks shared by Dragonair and Onix, which make use of their powerful body. In fact, a Milotic’s body and tail comprise of over 2000 muscles (compared to 650 in a human body) which can crush steel, or exert pressures of up to a tonne per cubic inch. In the wild, however, Milotic will keep to manipulating water to defend itself. Its vivid colouring can help it to hypnotise or dazzle potential threats. A herbivore, Milotic grazes on the sandy bottoms of lakes, and its predators are few and far between, due to its size and power. Along with humans, Gyrados and Feraligatr are Milotic’s main predators.

    Milotic change partners every year, and females are in heat in early May. After mating, a Milotic will lay a single egg, which she will cover in sand and abandon at the bottom of a calm stream. The baby, called Feebas, will hatch from its egg in a matter of weeks, and join the local shoal. Feebas look shabby and not at all like their parents, measuring only 2’ in length (approximately 61 cm). Feebas can congregate into groups of thousands; the reason for this is that Feebas have a controversial way to ensure that only the fittest survive. The Pokémon appear to have a notion of beauty – factors include length and colour of lips, scale length and strength, number of cuts on the tail, amongst many other, and more obscure, ones – Feebas which are deemed not beautiful enough are denied food and starve to death.

    Because of Feebas’ small size and slow wit, it is an easy target for both trainers and predators alike. However, more ‘beautiful’ Feebas often have more developed intuition and are highly sensitive, making them more likely to survive. Its longevity is a record in the Pokémon world, and Feebas can occasionally outlive Ninetales. It takes its time to evolve, however, spending up to five years in an isolated cave before re-emerging as Milotic. Like in Dragonair’s case, researchers are mystified at how tiny, tattered Feebas can become one of the most elegant and respected Pokémon in the world.

    ---

    Hope you enjoyed! Anyhow, Johto Pokémon are SO cool. And original. So I'll take Girafarig, please
    Last edited by Libie; 11th November 2006 at 5:24 PM.

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Yonowaaru: 7’03” Weight: 235.0 lbs (Plasmatis Noctus)
    Yonowaaru are ghost like pokemon that can live for undetermined periods of time. Yonowaaru are two shades of grey and black. Yonowaaru are feared due to their association with death, but like many creatures they are simply misunderstood. It does however posses many abilities that support these claims, which is why they have stuck to it ever since it was first seen ages ago by natives of the Sinnoh region thought it was a god of death and other unwanted and feared anomalies.

    Yonowaaru start of in a smaller form known as a Duskull. This form has a bone plate over its face, which covers its single red eye. They have pigments on their back, which coincidentally form the image of two crossed bones. Their skin is very elastic, which causes the skin on their arms, rear section, and head to droop and curve like clothe. The Duskull can control its molecular structure with great efficiency and skill allowing it to separate its cells and pass through solid objects by maneuvering them in between the molecules of that object. It can also bend light allowing it to become invisible; it uses this ability to hunt. Careful study has shown that Duskull’s eyes can have the same paralyzing effect as a snake’s allowing them to stop their prey or anything attacking them in their tracks. Duskull are also nocturnal.

    After a time the Duskull will morph its form into the larger one known as Dusclops. The inside of this forms body is thought to be filled with something like a black hole or spectral ball of fire, but further tests are needed to prove either of these theories. The elasticity of the skin has increased dramatically making it form into flaps, which give the Dusclops the appearance of having lines all up and down its body. Its hands however are devoid of this property, forming into fully opposable humanoid hands. It also has two wing-like appendages on its back, the purpose of, which is unknown.

    Normally the Pokemon never progresses to a further form than this, but recent discoveries have proved that the properties of the material known as spirit world cloth combined with the energy that they are exposed to when being traded causes them to change form one final time into the newly discovered Yonowaaru. Yonowaaru posses a face like pattern on their stomachs, which is used for scaring away predators that may try to harm them. The legs they had in the Dusclops form are gone reverting back to the tail-like appendage, which is now the only part of the body that still has the elastic property. Yonowaaru still have only one eye, which they use for paralyzing prey like their other forms. They also posses a yellow antennae-like appendage on their heads, the purpose of which is under study.
    Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?
    EXACTLY!
    Torkoal is my Bishie

    STEW'S A PIMP!!!

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    346

    Default

    great articles everyone just added keep up the good work

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Hey everyone nice work.

    Dry Martini a bit on the short side but still i guess its ok to be accepted, nice references to the two Snorlax's in Kanto.

    As always a nice article on the Loch Ness monster, i mean Milotic Libie. Looking forward to Girafarig.

    A good Yonowaaru article Torkoal with a good explaination for the "cape".

    Good work everyone!!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

    ^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

  16. #416
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Now here, Nowhere
    Posts
    333

    Default

    The Duskull can control its molecular structure with great efficiency and skill allowing it to separate its cells and pass through solid objects by maneuvering them in between the molecules of that object.
    <_< Maybe it's just me doing too many hours of Anatomy study, but I find that quite improbable. Do you know just how big a cell is compared to molecules??

    Let's take a normal cell from a human's inner cheek as an example.
    The cell membrane would consist of a double layer of fat molecules shaped like balloons with 2 strings each, and each "string" around 16 carbon atoms in length.

    Now let's try passing it through glass.
    Molecules of glass would be mainly potassium silicate, each around 3 or 4 atoms large depending on which side you look.

    Imagine trying to squeeze a double layer of 16-chain molecules through a net of 4-chain molecules. It'll be like pushing a bunch of noodles through a bug screen! It can go through, but you'd end up with noodle paste instead...

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    eating ramen* what? oh, sweden
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    yes mine is little to short but couldnt make more up
    but im glad its ok
    *Mega Fairies*

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hahahabvc87 View Post
    <_< Maybe it's just me doing too many hours of Anatomy study, but I find that quite improbable. Do you know just how big a cell is compared to molecules??

    Let's take a normal cell from a human's inner cheek as an example.
    The cell membrane would consist of a double layer of fat molecules shaped like balloons with 2 strings each, and each "string" around 16 carbon atoms in length.

    Now let's try passing it through glass.
    Molecules of glass would be mainly potassium silicate, each around 3 or 4 atoms large depending on which side you look.

    Imagine trying to squeeze a double layer of 16-chain molecules through a net of 4-chain molecules. It'll be like pushing a bunch of noodles through a bug screen! It can go through, but you'd end up with noodle paste instead...
    Stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing they're taking inspiration from Kitty from X-Men... in which case Duskull would be passing its MOLECULES between other MOLECULES. And that should work. (My physics/chemistry teacher told me today that single molecules far apart are not of any 'element', it's how they behave in 'groups' that matters. Which is confusing when in chem books, you get molecules of all shapes and colours.)

    Thanks for the compliment, I'll try and make Girafarig interesting

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In changes to Tin Tower
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I'll make deoxys. Reserve him ok?
    Supreme Golden Ho-oh

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, England
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    I would like to reserve Manafi please?
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

    Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

    ~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

    ~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

    ~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Sure all reservations accepted...

    Kingler should be done by the weekend...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

    ^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, England
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    I am half-way through writing Manafi/Fione. I can't do any more till tommorrow because my dad made me turn my computer off and I am using my bros computer whuile he is in the bath. It should be ready by the week-end at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

    Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

    ~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

    ~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

    ~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    249

    Default

    I definitely liked Trax's article on Scyther. Very impressive.

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, England
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    I would also like to reserve Lunatone to do after Manafi. Manafi/Fione will be finished today after school.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

    Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

    ~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

    ~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

    ~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In england
    Posts
    609

    Default

    May I write Darkrai's data.?
    (I plain to do it more like the info on a ancinet god or spirit than an animal as people do not know much about Darkrai in the game as he is only in Legends)


    Please review this sprite. (4rth post)
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171736

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •