Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Reservations accepted...

A good article Seth_X_of_Fortree, just about the minimum length so well done.

Excellent article metagrossiron_fist i liked it alot, although the only thing i dont find believeable is that Lanturn eat Relicanth. Relicanth have extremely hard scales which would be hard to digest unless Lanturn were equipped to do so. But Gorebyss and Huntail make perfect sense.

At this moment, I can't say I have suffecent time to do write Glalie's. The earliest time that I could accomplish this is Friday, but between school, Fizzy Bubbles, ASB, and my fic, I'm not going to have a lot of time.

Once this week is out, however, I should have much more time. And when it is done, I'll edit it back in.
    Ok so ill create the link in Snorunts name and when youve edited Glalie in tell me and ill fix the link.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Excellent article metagrossiron_fist i liked it alot, although the only thing i dont find believeable is that Lanturn eat Relicanth. Relicanth have extremely hard scales which would be hard to digest unless Lanturn were equipped to do so. But Gorebyss and Huntail make perfect sense.
    Thanks
    but as you mention it, it does sound a little odd, so shall i change it? or will it be fine as it is?
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Thanks
    but as you mention it, it does sound a little odd, so shall i change it? or will it be fine as it is?
    Totally up to you. I would suggest simply removing it, editing only takes a second after all, or ellaborate on how its able to hunt and eat them, which requires more thought and theories, perhaps it can get round the scales somehow. Up to you...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

I reserve Paras and Parasect. If I have time it might be up today or tommorow. If I don't, expect it abt 1 week later.
    EDIT Lotsa time on my hands, will be up shortly.
    Last edited by sceptilianmaster; 4th December 2006 at 6:37 AM.
    GoLurker

Parasect (Tochukaso parasekuto)
    Height: 3’03” Weight: 65.0 lbs

Parasect is an organism with four legs and two huge pincers. On its back lives a giant parasitic mushroom known as the Tochukaso. The mushroom and the host form a sort of symbiosis between the two. The mushroom depends on the host for nutrients while the host can use the mushroom as a sort of self-defence.

Parasects usually live in dark and damp areas which are favoured by fungi, due to the large mushroom on its back. Examples include caves and the underground. It uses its pincers to dig into the ground in which they live. It gets its nourishment by draining nutrients off the roots and lower trunk of huge trees. Some of the nutrients are kept by Parasect, and the rest are extracted by the mushroom. It can be said that Parasect is both a parasite and a victim of one.

As said earlier, the mushroom on its back is used for a form of self-defense for the Parasect. The mushroom scatters different types toxic spores which have different uses. The potency of these spores increase in proportion to the size of the mushroom. Some can be used to make the opponent fall asleep, also known as the Spore attack by some. This is Parasect’s most common form of self-defense. After scattering the spores on its attacker, it will quickly scurry away as the attacker falls asleep. Parasect has also been known to mix spores with its other usable attacks. For example, potent spores mixed with a Sludge Bomb have been known to create a highly corrosive acid. Despite the poisonous attributes of these spores, the people of China have been known to include these as important ingredients of herbal medicine. In fact, many herbal store owners usually keep a Parasect with them.

The mating season for Parasects is between April and July. The males try to impress the females by their mushroom size, the bigger the mushroom the better. The mushroom also takes the opportunity to propagate itself by leaving its spores on the Parasects’ eggs, so it will live on in Parasects’ offspring. Its offspring are also known as Paras.

Paras are born with the tiny spores from the Tochukaso covering their body. As they grow, two small Tochukaso mushrooms on their backs will grow with them, feeding on the nutrients from the host. As the mushrooms continuously draw energy from the host, Paras has to constantly burrow underground to absorb nutrients from tree roots by gnawing on them.

The mushrooms, while not fully grown, are still able to produce spores just powerful enough to knock out any predators that might attack. Their main predators are Fearow and Swellow. Also, the young mushrooms are said to have medicinal properties as well, albeit not as strong as the fully grown ones on Parasect. They have strong healing attributes, and are prized for their life-extending properties.
    GoLurker

Yay! Arseus gets an article! ^__^ Reserve Mitsuhoney/Beequeen for me please

The Eastern Arseus (Equus muto)

Quick Summary

Order: Perissodactyla
    Family: Equidae
    Length: Head and body, 120-126 in. Tail, 30-35 in.
    Weight: 680-720 lbs.
    Sexual Maturity: 2-3 years
    Average Incubation: 9-11 months
    No. of Young: 1-2, almost always one
    Habit: Diurnal
    Diet: Apples, berries, grasses, corn, root vegetables, salt, will occasionally eat eggs if starving or in need of extra protein
    Lifespan: Exact numbers unknown, but estimated to be 25-35 years on average

The Eastern arseus is a large, undomesticated equine which is known to predominantly live in Mongolia, although sightings and estimates indicate they may range into southern China. Their ears are about eight inches tall, and the position they are held in can convey a variety of emotions. Their manes, which begin between the ears, and their tails are made up of many individual hairs (much like the rapidash, its closest relative), which tend to mat together into stiff plumes. The matted mane tends to extend from the rear of the head parallel to the back, while the matted tail is usually held slightly upwards. The faces vaguely resemble those of the various species of absol, except with a slightly more pronounced muzzle, which fits its biology as a grazer. The fur on the face, unlike on the rest of its body, is green, very short and lays close to the skin – as the fur on the rest of its head is much longer and fluffier, the face tends to be somewhat obscured. From a distance, the faintly humanoid face of the arseus, coupled with its long neck and torso, may have given rise to myths of centaurs. Their hooves are long, and unlike the rapidash, which rests with its entire hoof on the ground, the arseus only walks on the very tips. The hooves’ (usually) gold color and high reflectivity allows foals to keep track of their mother, and all members to quickly gauge the position of the herd around them. Their fur is usually white - but can be a yellow-gold on some individuals – which darkens to a greyish black along the torso and belly. All arseus, except for the youngest foals, have a visible, wheel-shaped projection of energy about their bodies. This energy, assumed by scientists to be psychic in nature, despite arseus not normally possessing a psychic typing, is projected subconsciously by the animal to protect it from being jumped by most predators. The “energy wheel” is, like its hooves, usually gold in color, but upon certain stimulus the color will change.

Western scientists have not yet decided on an English-language name for the creature (despite it being known in the West for over a century), although many assume it will, in the tradition of most all “legendaries,” simply stay what it’s been for so long – “Arseus.” Despite this lack of a finalized name, Omega Pharma, a Belgian pharmaceutical firm, chose to officially name its Professional Health division “Arseus” in 2006.

Habits

Like all “legendary” species, the arseus is generally assumed to be near extinct (a 2005 estimate places their total population at about two hundred-fifty specimens, with a few others in zoos or privately owned). However, due to their social nature and herd living, studying arseus, in comparison to most other pokémon officially classed as “legendary,” has been simpler, leading to a great deal more information available to fill in the gaps of study. Also, many of their social habits are roughly identical to their close relatives, the generally domesticated rapidash, which has also helped in figuring out these elusive pokémon.

Eastern arseus tend to live in small bands, made up of adult mares, foals, and younglings of either gender – generally about three to five specimens. Small bands that share territory make up each “herd,” which are loosely knit, and, contrary to myth, led by a mare, rather than a stallion. Each herd does have at least one stallion, however, and occasionally a few other adult males of a less dominant nature. Other arseus will generally not attempt to challenge members of their own herd for dominance (although newly sexually mature young males might), but will stay in their established positions and not act outside of it.

Although the herd structure is rather loose, all the members will cooperate. Those that do misbehave are sometimes attacked – which can leave the victim crippled and easy prey for predators – or forced out of the herd, where it likely will not survive unless it can join up with another.

Most arseus are allowed to stay within their band or herd until they grow to sexual maturity. Once they are sexually mature, however, the stallion will drive all of them, both male and female, away – it is theorized that this is to keep the male from inbreeding with his own daughters and the males from acting out and trying to claim dominance for themselves. Females usually have no trouble in joining up with another band, although the males will join in small groups until they can gain dominance over a herd of their own.

The way arseus group in their herds is reflective of their social status. On the edge of the herd are the lowest animals – as the edges are most exposed to predators, and the inner circles – reserved for high up animals and foals – are the safest. The herd stallion, however, will also remain on the edge to fight predators, and will stay at the rear of the herd when it moves.

Multi-Type and Legendary Status

Although it is a preyed upon herd animal, the arseus is also considered one of the strongest and most powerful of all pokémon species – some say the most powerful. Strong, fast, and intelligent, what enemies it cannot deter with its energy wheel it can often take down by the sheer strength of its attacks. It is the only pokémon capable of learning a variety of intensely strong abilities, and, much like another legendary, the mew, it can learn virtually any attack – the only exception being those that involve the use of hands or arms, which it lacks.

It it also incredibly adaptive – using the same innate psychic ability with which they project the energy wheel, it can also unleash attacks of any element with the same intensity of a pokémon that is naturally of that type. This latter ability, however, lies dormant unless the arseus comes in contact with various minerals. These minerals, which are sometimes formed into “plates” by the few Trainers who are lucky enough to possess an arseus, vary its color-providing melanin, changing the hues of various parts of the arseus’s body. The color it becomes, which varies with the plate, also unleashes a “changer hormone” from the animal’s pineal gland, which in turn unleashes the psychic ability that boosts the strength of a certain element. The boost is strong enough to mimic the heightened power that pokémon of that type would naturally possess, along with giving arseus itself the element’s strengths and weaknesses.

There are sixteen different minerals known to cause arseus to change their types – although study of its genetic code has revealed that it can change into yet one more type – the strange, unclassified group in which the move Curse is classed. Scientists and Trainers have searched for years, seeking the “seventeenth mineral,” but as of this writing, no known method is known.

Arseus features in many ancient myths of far-east Asia as “the first pokémon created when the universe began” (comparable to the ancient South American myths about mews). These myths, though obviously just myths and not reflective of much in reality, are thought to have come around due to the vaguely humanlike face of the creature (likening it, perhaps, to a God in the mind of ancient peoples) and its power (which likely would have awed anyone who tried to hunt it or capture it). Modern scientists, for the latter reason and more, do not hesitate in the least about classifying it in the group known as “Legendaries.”

Food and Feeding

Arseus are strictly herbivores. Most of their food is obtained by grazing – eating grasses or other low-lying plants by lowering its head to the earth - or browsing, which involves eating berries and other plant matter from off bushes and short trees at face level. It will also dig at the earth with its hooves to uncover root vegetables such as potatoes or carrots, and will travel to salt deposits in the spring, to lick the rocks. By doing so, it gets the sodium, iron, calcium, and other minerals needed for their bone and muscle growth.

In winter, or times of hardship, it may eat eggs, but only as a last resort where protein is desperately needed.

Mid-sized to large pokémon will prey on the foals, although only the largest and fastest predators can manage to take down an adult. Pack hunters almost invariably lose a member of their group when they go after arseus herds, making them, for many predators, a last resort born out of desperation.

Breeding

Eastern arseus foals in a herd all share a common father – the main stallion. In late spring to early summer, the male will mount anywhere from eight to twelve mares, with little ceremony or ritual. The females will carry the eggs internally until early the next spring, when they will finally lay them – almost always one at a time, though there may occasionally be two. The eggs are only incubated outside the body for three weeks to a month, when they will finally hatch into foals. The foals – colts if they are male, and fillies if they are female - can stand up shortly after being hatched, and can walk around within a few hours. They will not, however, develop the power needed to project their energy wheels until they are a month old, making them very tempting to predators if they wander out from the center of the herd.
    Last edited by Pink Parka Girl; 4th December 2006 at 6:17 PM.
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

you, I hate to argue but:
    1. I used the word count on Microsoft Word to compare it with another article, and there was only 34 words difference.
    2. There is very little to write about Zangoose. With the Beldum line I would definitely be able to write a lot.
    If you have Dragonair in your Friend Safari and are willing to register me, please PM me. I will love you forever.

Does anyone have the link to that pokémon encylopieda website? it seemed to have mysteriously dissappeared...

Also I apologize for not writing many articles lately, I've been a bit busy with other things :\

I might write one soon though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

http://www.encyclopediapokemonia.co.nr/

It's still there, though the last few articles haven't been added to it yet
    ~Fanfics~
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!

sorry, but i won't be able to post my entry for waillord for a while untill my computer is fixed, so please be patient

thanks
    Meta
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

sorry, but i won't be able to post my entry for waillord for a while untill my computer is fixed, so please be patient

thanks
    Meta
    You still have time but ill restart your reservation anyway...

you, I hate to argue but:
    1. I used the word count on Microsoft Word to compare it with another article, and there was only 34 words difference.
    2. There is very little to write about Zangoose. With the Beldum line I would definitely be able to write a lot.
    Hmmm fair enough, i can include it I guess. Which article did you compare it to? Sure ill reserve the Metagross line for you.

As usual a great article sceptilianmaster, great to here from you again.

And Pink Parka Girl, another outstanding article as always. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Locust View Post
    I'll do teh Wobbuffet and Dugtrio lines. Do you make up the latin names?
    I'm finally ready to submit one. Check page 2 to know that I reserved them.

Wobbuffet(Wobbus Maximus)

Wobbuffet are blue, human sized, punching bags. They're life-span is only 60 years. Males have much longer tails than the female Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet's tails represent a face. Wobbuffet are vegetarians who love to eat. Sometimes they eat grass pokémon by accident.

Wobbuffet like to sleep all day inside a cave. At night time they come out and try to beat other Wobbuffets at enduring. This may go on for the rest of their lives. Wobbuffet don't need to drink to live. Instead they need to eat instead.

A Wobbuffet only has a mate for 1 year. The female can lay eggs a month instead of the human female, who has to wait 9 months. When an egg hatches a small living, upside down, pogo stick creature hatches. This is called a Wynaut. Wynaut are only 2ft tall and only weigh 30.9lbs.

Wobbuffet and Wynaut live in caves. If an intruder enters the cave and attacks the Wobbuffet's tail the intruder will feel all the pain and go unconscious. This ability is called Destiny Bond. The pain that the Wobbuffet had gotten would make it go unconscious as well.
    Fan Fictions:
    Pokémon Advanced Sinnoh: Coming Soon
    The Cresselia Project: Coming Soon

The Diamond and Pearl Project:
    COMING SOON

Pokémon Pearl Friend Code: Coming Soon

I feel like doing Corpish/Crawdaunt, do you mind if I fill this out?

Red Swamp Crawdaunt (Procambarus Shizariga)
    Height: 3'07'' Weight: 72.3 lbs
    Lifespan: 40-90 years (although older individuals have been reported)

Many things can be said about this crustacean pokémon, Unfortunately, very few of these qualities actually put it in a positive light. With immense strength, willingness to eat just about anything and nasty adtitudes, they form a creature that is very difficult to co-exist with. However, these qualities have also ensured it's survival and helped it to thrive in the most inhospitable of conditions.

The mating season starts in early april and ends at around mid-june. This is a tricky affair since Crawdaunt are extremely territorial and are willing to battle every other crawdaunt. Even the act of mating itself can be very violent. However, it is the female that usually wins these battles and once mating is finished, she chases the male away, even if it was the original crawdaunt of the pond. The female stays in the pond to gaurd the crawspawn. A mass of transparent jelly-like eggs are attached to the females abdomen. Very few predators are daring or foolish enough to get at the mass of eggs.

After about a month or so, the eggs hatch into small fry-like larva. The mother undulates her abdomen to dislodge them from their eggs. At this point, the female leaves them to fend for themselves. Since no other pokémon are living in or near the pond, the larva are relatively safe.

These larva eventually grow into Corphish. These pokémon are capable of venturing onto land and are pretty much capable of breeding themselves. The reason why most wait until they evolve into crawdaunt is unknown. Young corphish that have just left their pond are extremely prone to capture, extremely hardy and even easy to tame at this stage. This is how the corphish entered the pet trade.

While the original home of the Crawdaunt is somewhat unknown, many sources indicate that these pokémon came from the Fiore region. In the last decade or so, the home range of this pokémon has expanded at least 10 times as it was in the past. This is because people tend to capture them (by hand, not with a pokéball) and import them to many places around the world. Unfortunately though, Corphish and Crawdaunt are able to outlive their owners desires to keep them, and most Corphish tend to be released into nearby ponds, rivers and lakes. Much to the dismay of their original inhabitants. Their destructive nature has managed to upset the balance of nature wherever it was introduced. Thus, strict regulations are implaced to make sure that they do not spread any further, all registered Corphish and Crawdaunt must be captured within a pokéball and are unable to be released in an unfamiliar enviroment.

It is famous for having the ability to survive on nearly anything that is considered edible. They are naturally scavengers that feed on dead pokémon carcasses, but are able to hunt small pokémon such as Barboach.

The most feared weapon of these pokémon are it's claws. These claws are able to crush and slice. Even through metal. They often use these claws to break into dumpsters and devoer the garbage inside, and should a Crawdaunt lose one of it's claws in a battle, it takes three weeks to grow back, although the second claw won't be as powerful as the first one was. Studies have even indicated that most crawdaunt tend to have a preference over which claw they use more.

About every month or so, Corphish and Crawdaunt undergo the process of moulting, meaning they shed their old shell. At this stage, the new shell underneath is actually very soft. Corphish and Crawdaunt tend to bury themselves at the bottom of their ponds to avoid being eaten at their time they are most vunerable. With each molting, they tend to grow slightly bigger. This growing never stops, and the older a Crawdaunt gets, the bigger it will get. The current record holder for the biggest and oldest Crawdaunt is an individual known as "Big Surly". He is supposed to be around 120 years old, and weighs in at around 124.6 lbs.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Alright...

You, can I do an article on the Ice and Moss Rocks?

You all ready for Kaburaisu?

Kaburaisu (Selachimorpha Draconus) Superorder of sharks, draco

Not a whole lot is known about Kaburaisu. What is known is based on scientific hypothesis, what little we do know, and evidence left behind.

Kaburaisu grow, on average, to a height of 6 feet 3 inches, and weigh about 209 pounds. Kaburaisu are spontaneous breeders; They mate when they are in 'season', so as not to cause too much competition among females. Males generally stay back as the females fight for 'first choice'.

Kaburaisu typically have only one egg; there have been instances of two, but one is abandoned upon the growth. The eggs hatch into the form we know as Fukumaru. Fukumaru are born with a sexual dimorphism apparent; the males have a nock on the back of their head, whilst the females do not. The larger the nock, the more likely the females will want to choose it first. When Fukumaru hatch, their 'season' of mating is the opposite of which it is born; that is, if it is born in the summer, it mates in the winter. Fukumaru live on a diet of Zubat, Paras, and the occasional Ponyta, as it will attack larger creatures. After 14 years, it grows into an adolescent, yet sexually active, form we know as Gabaito. Gabaito lives on the larger Golbat, Rapidash, and Parasect.

There are two distinct pods on a Kaburaisu's head. These are a form of sonar. They send out waves, recieve them and if the prey is weak to it, sends out large sound waves which paralyze the foe.

Kaburaisu have been recorded to live for 75 years in captivity, though it is suspected that they live for 500 years or more, as an account of a Kaburaisu with black and white coloring was recorded in the 1500's, and it has been seen constantly, even up to now.

Kaburaisu's live in East Asia, North America, and partss of northern Europe. There is a rivalry between Kaburaisu's and Tyranitar's as to the dominance of mountain caves.
    Last edited by Seth_X_of_Fortree; 7th December 2006 at 5:12 AM.
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth_X_of_Fortree View Post
    Alright...

You, can I do an article on the Ice and Moss Rocks?
    I'm not you, but I'm probably the better person to ask here, as I'm the one who wrote Eevee's article. And if you agrees, the answer is no. I kinda have first dibs on Leafia and Glacia (that and I've already started writing an extension for my article discussing them and the respective Rocks) If you disagrees, we can probably make some sort of compromise
    ~Fanfics~

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
    I'm not you, but I'm probably the better person to ask here, as I'm the one who wrote Eevee's article. And if you agrees, the answer is no. I kinda have first dibs on Leafia and Glacia (that and I've already started writing an extension for my article discussing them and the respective Rocks) If you disagrees, we can probably make some sort of compromise

Ah. Alright. You can keep your dang rocks...

*mumbles* I had a good idea too...

Is Diaruga taken?
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

All reservations accepted...

Moonlight Locust your article is miles too short and is generally not of the quality wanted here, so it wont be included.

I have to agree here, the article on Eevee is already written and would just need to be edited to include information about Leafia and Glacia, so it makes sense that Pink Parka Girl gets the "rights" to write about the stones first.

As always an excellent article PDL and I especially like the way you made Corphish have a larvae stage and not come out of the egg as a fully formed Corphish.

A good article too Seth_X_of_Fortree, although try to make them a bit longer. I guess its acceptable however...

Damn double post, perhaps i can edit this in an article? Hmmmm? *runs off thinking*

Aha! Decided to write an article about the subtypes of Steel type Pokemon, which were first brought forward as a theory in Chibi Pika's Lucario article, so lots of credit to him. So tell me what you think and as to whether it should be included on the front page and if i should write any more for other types. Thanks.

Steel Types.

The Steel type is perhaps the strongest defensive type in the world. With eleven resistances, most steel types can be extremely hard for pokemon to overcome in the wild. This explains why they are so many successful Steel type species in the world.

Within the Steel type, there are two subtypes: internal and external. External Steel types such as Steelix, Metagross, and Magneton exhibit an organic metal compound in their hides or certain appendages. Internal Steel types such as Lucario, Mawile, and Jirachi have metal-based skeletons. There is also a third subtype of Pokemon that exhibit both of these properties to certain extent.

External Steel types have hides that contain metallic properties. Indeed many External Steel types have actual organic metal in their skin that makes the skin exceedingly hard and yet lets it retain its flexibility. Because the organic metal in External Steel types presents itself in the hide, the bones and innards of External Steel types are extremely susceptible. If one was able to get through the External Steel, of a Steelix for example, one would find that the bones are few and rather weak, revealing and allowing the organs to go unprotected. However because of the External Steel in their hides, it is extremely hard, near impossible, to get past the External steel and thus allowing the Pokemon to have less protective bone to make room for more muscle tissue to allow more physical strength.

Internal Steel types however have no organic metal properties in their hides. Rather the organic metal is located in their skeletons. This does not allow the Pokemon as much defensive power as their hide is much like Normal Type Pokemon, but it allows them to be lighter and more nimble, yet still retaining much of the Steel Type’s offensive properties. Since Internal Steel types organic metal is located in their skeleton, their bones are nearly unshatterable, which allows Internal Steel types to take risks and use certain attacks that would otherwise destroy other Pokemon types bones and appendages. Generally Internal Steel types tend to be much smaller than External Steel types as the organic metal located in their skeleton allows them to be much less heavy and thus their smaller size increases their manoeuvrability.

Some Pokemon exhibit traits of having organic metal in their hides, as well as skeletons. They are generally less heavy and bulky than External Steel types, yet bigger and less nimble than Internal Steel types. However the downside to this subtype of the Steel type is that their hides and bones are not as strong defensively should they be only External or Internal Steel types. Because they exhibit properties of both subtypes, the organic metal is spread over a larger area thus often reducing its effectiveness. However when compared to other Pokemon types this is not noticeable, only when compared to singular subtypes is the difference apparent.

Below is a comprehensible list of all known Steel type Pokemon and into which subtype they fall under. The common names for their young are also listed if they fall into the Steel type:

External:
    Magnemite/Magneton/Jibacoil
    Forretress
    Steelix
    Scizor
    Skarmory
    Aron/Lairon/Aggron
    Beldum/Metang/Metagross
    Registeel
    Doomiraa/Dootakun
    Dainoosu

Internal:
    Mawile
    Jirachi
    Minomadamu
    Lucario

Both:
    Enperuto
    Tatetopusu/Toridepusu
    Diaruga
    Hiidoran
    Last edited by you; 14th December 2006 at 12:33 PM.

Default Finally!

Exeggcutor (Cocos Nasshi)

Height: 6" 7'
    Weight: 264.6 lbs

Exeggcutor, the Psychic Tree pokemon is a rare pokemon of the Grass/Psychic element and is found mostly in the tropics. They are about the size of an average human being, however they weigh much more in comparison. They have a large; brown skinned plump, almost oval body with black rings at regular intervals giving it the appearance of a tree. It has no visible arms and its thighs are thick ending in padded feed with 2 large nails on each foot. Its head is rather peculiar, consisting of three heads with a common neck. The heads are pale yellow in color with large almost toothless mouths. It also appears that each face has a certain personality although this is a farfetched concept and is yet to be proven. However, it can be noted that each face does have a different expression. Also, its head is topped by large swathes of what look like Palm leaves. The most striking feature of this species is the fact that it looks nothing like the Exeggcute it evolved from. Exeggcutor's evolve from Leaf Stones which themselves are found only in the tropics. These leaf stones were formed more than a millennia ago undergoing a process similar to what led to the formation of coal. Amber which is found plentiful in tropical tress, mixed with the decomposing leaves under high-pressure results in the formation of this beautiful emerald crystalline substance known as the Leaf Stone.

The natural habitat of this pokemon ranges between the equatorial tropics and sub-tropics. However, this pokemon will stay clear of volcanic areas hot ash falling from the volcanoes may harm and possibly burn it. This coupled with the fact that most volcanoes are found in the tropics make this pokemon somewhat rare. Habitually, they are docile and are relatively safe to get close to, however an Exeggcute is prone to violent mood swings and viciously attacks with its psychic powers if agitated. Exeggcutor's tend to be highly gregarious in nature and one will often see entire forests of Exeggcutor's congregating for various reasons. However, unlike other pokemon like Tauros, they do not travel in herds. Their diet is herbivorous and consists of leaves, berries and fruit. Also, it should be noted that these pokemon share a pseudo-symbiotic relationship with the pokemon Tropius. A pregnant Tropius is known to ask for the help of an Exeggcutor for protection in exchange of the delicious fruit that grows from its neck. Apart from this, an Exeggcutor tends to be quite tolerant of other pokemon and a trainer may notice that it makes friends with even its natural enemies as long as there is no sense of hostility between them. When happy an Exeggcutor is rather happy, it will do a peculiar dance that consists of bobbing its head in various directions and spinning by balancing on one leg. Even while walking, it tends to sway side to side but the reasons for this are not known.

The mating season begins in the summer months when the tropical sun is at its brightest. Males and Females will gather in huge numbers and one might be fooled into thinking that a large congregation of Exeggcutor’s is actually a moving forest. They gather in forest clearings and beaches where they begin the courtship ritual. Courtship consists of the male walking around the female in circles and performing its peculiar dance. It will try to make the most of it’s appeal and the female decides who it wants to mate with which may be anywhere from a single to Exeggcutor to several. After the mating ritual is complete, the females will go find a suitable place to lay eggs. These places are called nurseries and the females will immediately prepare to lay eggs by digging a nest. A single nursery may contain up to 15 nests. The gestation period lasts a mere 3 months during which, the female will stay at her nest and when the eggs are laid, she will viciously guard them until they hatch, after which she leaves. The female lays about 3-4 large oval shaped eggs, which are known as pods. These pods hatch into a single set of Exeggcute’s, which look like a set of six, pink eggs with faces. They immediately leave the nest after birth and then the newly born Exeggcute’s are left on their own. The early years are quite dangerous and only half of the Exeggcute’s survive to adulthood, some lucky ones are caught by trainers and then their gaining maturity becomes ensured.

After 15 years in human terms, these pokemon gather in areas where there are large concentrations for leaf stone’s, the natural radiation they give off act as a stimuli for them which draw the Exeggcute closer. Coming in contact, they instantly evolve and the cycle continues. The average lifespan of a healthy Exeggcutor is 50 years.

Advice for Trainers: Exeggcutor is a very special grass pokemon and most top class grass trainers have them on their teams. As stated before, Exeggcutor’s tend to be quite friendly and offer their full cooperation to both the trainer and their pokemon. However, it should be noted that they are also prone to mood swings; hence it is better one train an Exeggcutor from its Exeggcute stage so that both the trainer and the pokemon may understand each other better. Also, Exeggcutor’s generally have an aloof personality and it is advised that one not take them too seriously.

I'M EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THE HUGE DELAY!!! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    You still have time but ill restart your reservation anyway...

Hmmm fair enough, i can include it I guess. Which article did you compare it to? Sure ill reserve the Metagross line for you.

As usual a great article sceptilianmaster, great to here from you again.

And Pink Parka Girl, another outstanding article as always. Keep it up.

Thanks! I compared it to the Cradily article, btw.
    If you have Dragonair in your Friend Safari and are willing to register me, please PM me. I will love you forever.

You, okay. I'll get longer articles. I'm just under a bit of pressure right now from...

Aww, who am I kidding? I'm lonely and sad nearly all the time. I think I'm depressed.
    Hi guys.

Steel Types.

The Steel type is perhaps the strongest defensive type in the world. With eleven resistances, most steel types can be extremely hard for pokemon to overcome in the wild. This explains why they are so many successful Steel type species in the world.

Within the Steel type, there are two subtypes: internal and external. External Steel types such as Steelix, Metagross, and Magneton exhibit an organic metal compound in their hides or certain appendages. Internal Steel types such as Lucario, Mawile, and Jirachi have metal-based skeletons. There is also a third subtype of Pokemon that exhibit both of these properties to certain extent.....
    Nice work YOU!

Anway, I want to reserve the forest spirit Celebi! Also, I would like to write an article on Dark Types.
    If the Pokemon Black & White anime turns out to be an ABSOLUTELY brand new story with new characters and plot then I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe and post it on YouTube for everyone to see

Yes, interesting indeed. you, you could add extra articles to the front page detailing each type. Just like the Pokemon articles, anyone could write about the types...
    GoLurker

Nice work YOU!

Anway, I want to reserve the forest spirit Celebi! Also, I would like to write an article on Dark Types.
    Thanks! Yep ill accept both reservations. Perhaps some things to consider: Why psychics dont affect dark types? Why they have evil acsiosiation(sp?)? You dont have to use them, just suggestions.

Yes, interesting indeed. you, you could add extra articles to the front page detailing each type. Just like the Pokemon articles, anyone could write about the types...
    Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking. I just wanted to get some feedback to see if people were interested in writing articles on the types. So they are open for people to write about now. However they wont be rules when writing about Pokemon of that type. One would not have to follow them theories in the articles, they would be used as a kind of guideline.
    Last edited by you; 9th December 2006 at 9:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
    http://www.encyclopediapokemonia.co.nr/

It's still there, though the last few articles haven't been added to it yet
    sorry i havent been adding articles lately ive been watchin naruto nonstop and on top of that ive got a Wii!!! ive added all the articles now
    and id like to reserve the fire type
    Last edited by flame fox; 9th December 2006 at 4:38 PM.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast