Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

hey guys, i'm sorry, but i won't be able to post my artcile on Wailord untill after Christmas or so(damn my computer!)because it was half finished when it died on me, but can i have a reservation on the pochama line please? i'll try and get it up within a week

Meta
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

All reservations accepted...

hey guys, i'm sorry, but i won't be able to post my artcile on Wailord untill after Christmas or so(damn my computer!)because it was half finished when it died on me, but can i have a reservation on the pochama line please? i'll try and get it up within a week
    No worries ill re-reserve it for you...no rush as long as you re-reserve it...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Well heres my article and ill add it to the site aswell

Fire types are very offensive but are less defensive and can cause burns which slowly damges the pokemon also reducing their attack power. A Fire types advantage over Steel, Ice, Grass and Bug types boosts its offensive power but it is not very defensive as Water, Rock and Ground types have the advantage over Fire which all of them are common types.

There are two types of Fire pokemon those who need to regulate their heat and those who do not. Pokemon who need to regulate their heat realese it in the form of fire from various parts of their bodys (eg: Charmanders tail, Ponytas back. parts of Magmars body). Non Regulators dont need to release heat because they can cope with the heat this might be because they are warm blooded although some warm blooded pokemon are also regulators.

Regulators:
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
    Vulpix
    Ponyta/Rapidash
    Magby/Magmar/Buuburn
    Moltres
    Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
    Slugma/Magcargo
    Blaziken
    Numel/Camerupt
    Torkoal
    Hikozaru/Moukazaru/Goukazaru

Non Regulators:
    Ninetails
    Growlite/Arcanine
    Flareon
    Houndour/Houndoom
    Entei
    Ho-Oh
    Torchic/Combusken
    Hiidoran

The fire is produced by two chemicals nitric acid and hydrazine mixing and creating a small flame that gets expelled from the mouth, the flame then burns the oxygen in the air and gets larger, while still expelling from the mouth the pokemon is able to shoot fire a certain range the range depends on what and how old the pokemon is. Younger pokemon arent able to create learge amounts of the chemicals and usually only expell embers.

The chemicals are created in two different "sacks" on the sides of the throat, microbes living in these sacks create the chemicals.The troat is coated in a substance so the chemicals wont damage it. Creating the chemicals produces large amounts of heat in Vulpix's case the heat is so much that it ignites into an internal flame thats why Vulpix is seen releasing fire and also why its classes as a regulator.

The microbes help absorb the heat another theory is that Non Regulators have better heat absorbing microbes then Regulators and have no need to release the heat.

I would like to write one. How about... Surskit and Masquerain? Im not sure how to do the Latin names though...
    Diddle diddle diddle diddle Spider Pig

I would like to write one. How about... Surskit and Masquerain? Im not sure how to do the Latin names though...
    Yep ill reserve that for you. Use this English-Latin dictionary to help you with the Latin name. First find an animal Masquerain is similar to and use its Genus, then use the dictionary to find the latin equivilent to a word you would use to describe it. Good luck!

Good article Flame Fox. A very nice first go!
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Can i please reserve the Slaking family please i would much apreciate it
    Im an Aussie and pokemon rule(They Need more Dinosaur Pokemon)

PASABL:0 Wins:0 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO:0 TP:0 SP
    Jack
    FC:3265 1718 3968

Btw, the internal/external Steel subtypes was from my Lucario article. Just thought I'd mention it, since you credited it to Dark Amethyst.

I finally got Mewtwo done (sorry for the insane wait. ><) I'd like to re-reserve Rayquaza, and also, could I do the Psychic and Electric articles?

...It looked a lot longer on Microsoft Word...*curses the fact that her articles are so short.*

Mewtwo (Felis occulto myutsu)
    Height: 6’07’’ Weight: 269.0 lbs.

Anatomy

Mewtwo is a transgenic Pokémon widely considered as one of the most powerful Pokémon in the world. Its body is tall and overbearing with a distinctly humanoid anatomy. The head is the only part that is catlike, with pointed ears and the typical feline jaw structure. Connecting the rear of the head to the upper back is a tubular bundle of nerves thought to amplify Mewtwo’s already powerful brain. The upper body and arms are lean and sinewy, with the chest covered by a solid plate of bone. By contrast, the lower half of the body is rounded and well-built, with extremely large thigh muscles. Like Mew, Mewtwo’s fur is very short and fine, but the coloring is a pale violet. The tail is long, thick, and hairless.

One rather unusual aspect of Mewtwo is that blood samples confirm it to be male chromosome-wise, however, it was engineered to be lacking in a reproductive system.

Origins

Little is known about Mewtwo’s origins due to the destruction of records and the overall underhandedness of the project. Experimentation with Pokémon embryos has always been a controversial topic, and after the repeated death and/or deformity of the specimens, all projects concerning the matter were shut down and Pokémon cloning made illegal. Nonetheless, investigations of the wreckage on an abandoned coastal rock known only as New Island show remnants of extremely advanced technology. It is widely accepted that the island once housed the laboratory where Mewtwo was created. This is supported by the nature of the destruction, which appears to be energy-based, and therefore not due to fire, explosives, or other conventional means. Additionally, the massive hurricane that spread over Johto and Kanto several years ago originated over the island. There are rumors that the Mewtwo project was financed and handled by the underground organization known as Team Rocket, however, this is pure speculation.

Abilities and Traits

Mewtwo is a pure Psychic-type Pokémon, and one of the few Pokémon species created by humankind. It is an enhanced, genetically manipulated version of Mew, and as such, inherited all of Mew’s incredible power and more. It is extremely adept at wielding its psychokinetic powers, which are manifested in a number of different ways. Mewtwo can employ telekinesis to levitate almost any object and send it hurling through the air. In the same way, by focusing its powers around itself, it can fly rather effortlessly. This simple manipulation of movement can be applied in surprising ways, such as stirring clouds to produce devastating storms despite the fact that Mewtwo is not a weather-controlling Pokémon.

Its energy-based Psychic abilities are even more powerful. A simple Confusion technique envelops the target in a blue aura of energy, inducing incredible pain unmatched by any other attack type. In addition to channeling its energy into creating defensive shields with its power, Mewtwo can also generate orbs of dark energy to be used as projectiles.

Because it was created from Mew’s DNA, Mewtwo also bears the status of “Legendary” despite not fitting into the traditional definition of being mentioned in legend. Also, because it is manmade, Mewtwo is one of the few Legendaries that is almost universally considered unique (the little amount of controversy being over the prospect of the creation of multiple specimens.) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are typically thought of as unique, based solely upon accounts of their great clashes, however, the status of the other Legendary Pokémon is fiercely debated.

Mewtwo is clearly sentient, and also capable of projecting its thoughts through telepathy (as confirmed through many sightings.)

Habits and Sightings

Because Mewtwo is a unique Pokémon with essentially human habits, it is impossible to study through conventional means, and quite obviously has no recorded social or breeding behavior. It generally prefers urban areas to rural, and is most often seen along the roofs of skyscrapers. It rarely comes into contact with humans.

~Chibi~
    Last edited by Chibi Pika; 2nd January 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Okay! Time to see if im good at something... I'd like to do the article on Ice Type Pokemon.

Cami~

Well this is my first attempt hopefully it is big enough for the encyclopeadia
    Slaking (Grandius Bradypus Variegates)
    Height: 6’11 Weight: 287.7 lbs.
    Slaking is massive sloth pokemon who usually live for over 100 years because of their very lazy lifestyle. Generally the males are larger than the females but their have been instances where the females have exceeded the male counterparts.

Slaking is generally live off berries and the grass surrounding them but in times of hardship they will eat other pokemon such as Tauros, Milktank but have the capabilities to capture Salamence and Dragonite. The daily activities of a Slaking don’t change much they lie down and eat all the food around it then find a new location to eat.

In Spring Slaking will become loud and boisterous and go non-stop until they find a mate. Usually there will be fierce battles over females but the winner will mate with the female. The male then sits down and sleeps for two days because of the immense amount of physical activity it has been through. Female Slaking usually have 2-4 eggs and takes about 2 weeks before the babies emerge.

The young are called Slakoth and resemble the parents since they seem to of adopted their lazy lifestyle. After about 5 months of living with their mother they will evolve into Vigoroth.

The Vigoroth as soon as they have evolved from the Slakoth tear through the jungles and bellow as loud as they can. The cause of this is a currently unknown but we know that this change cause the Vigoroth to get a severe case of Insomnia and this means that Vigoroth cant sleep. They stay as a Vigoroth for 2 months before they evolve into Slaking and resume a more relaxed lifestyle.

Trainer are highly are warned if you plan on catching a Slaking be careful if I becomes infuriated it will go berserk and destroy everything and anything around it.
    -jgree133( its okay if its not accepted)
    Last edited by jgree133; 14th December 2006 at 8:36 AM.

Jack

All reservations accepted.

Btw, the internal/external Steel subtypes was from my Lucario article. Just thought I'd mention it, since you credited it to Dark Amethyst.
    Wow, your right, thanks for mentioning it. Big mistake on my part. *runs to edit article* There fixed. Thanks for providing the inspiration for that article and i hope you like it and accept it. Credit to Chibi Pika everyone! And a good Mewtwo article I liked it. Especially how you got around the fact that there is only one and thus its habits cannot be observed. When writing the Electric and Psychic articles, keep in mind any theories that have been brought up in any other articles, particularly Pink Parka Girls Thunder Stone theory as well as her theory on how Pikachu produce electricity, amongst others of course. You dont have to follow them, but a reference, at least, would be nice, to keep the Encyclopaedia, damn whats the word, canon (?) (if that word can be used in this context).

..It looked a lot longer on Microsoft Word...*curses the fact that her articles are so short.*
    The article is actually perfect length. This should be the standard, but im too kind sometimes.

jgree133 a nice article. However i personally see Slaking as being an omnivore, so eating grass, leaves, fruit, berries, plants, carrion and as such not activly hunting. Picturing a Slaking hunting does not seem right. Tauros and Miltank could be on a Slakings diet but generally as carrion, Salamence and Dragonite however would put up too much of a fight, and generally would live in different areas than Slaking would. At least this is how I see it.

It could do with being a bit longer, perhaps a paragraph describing what a Slaking looks like, we have the article about how it behaves and so forth, but we dont know what a Slaking looks like now do we! So if you have the time to edit in a paragraph or two it would be much appreciated. If not i guess its just about minimum length. Good job for your first article.

Okay ill change the article around a little bit and i do see where you are coming from.

Jack

Can I reserve Swinub/Piloswine/Manmuu?
    Cenodoxus - Regice w/Leftovers :: Mew - Kyish / Cenodoxus - Parukia :: Jirachi - wcgold
    Cenodoxus - Beldum :: Celebi - Mega Trickster / Cenodoxus - Nyaruma :: Suicune - MewIllusion
    Cenodoxus - Pearl Exclusive :: Deoxys - MewIllusion / Cenodoxus - Diaruga :: Ho-oh - AngelLatias
    Cenodoxus - Pocchama :: Lugia - AngelLatias / Cenodoxus - Naetoru :: Deoxys - AngelLatias

nice mewtwo and slaking article though slaking is a bit short ill add them now
    and if you need some help with types go here or here

you, I'm going to need a little longer to do the Metagross article. Could I have an extra week? I will definitely get it done within that time.

Yo! Here's the article on Ice type, sorry for taking SO long and if its missing something, give me a shout.
    Thanks to Kisa (aka. Silvercloudcatcher02) for pointing out a few mistakes I had. Before you read, let me inform that inspiration for the subtypes was provided by Chibi Pika; 100% credit to her on that part

~~o~~

Ice Type Pokemon

Classifications

The ice type is the classification that’s given to those pokemon who’s body temperature is 14şC or colder. Scientists claim that there’s a phenomenon which makes the pokemon’s body temperature extremely low—it is currently unknown how this happens.

Other studies reveal that half of the Ice type pokemon cannot survive if their body temperature exceeds 16şC or more, this is the reason why most of them prefer to live in cold environments such as Antarctica or the peaks of Mount Everest.

Unlike Steel type, Ice type is divided into three subtypes, external Ice type, Internal ice type and “Full Body” Ice type.

External Ice types are known to have even colder body temperature, which leads to ice growing on the surfaces of their bodies; their nervous system soon reaches those ice chunks that grow on their bodies, turning them into a part of the main body itself. The chunks of ice that become part of their body gives them protection, and can be grown back if broken; however, they cannot be re grown when they are melted, due to the permanent lost of the ice nerves in the burned zone. External Ice types are also known to chill the air which is 3,28 feet near them.

Internal Ice types, unlike External Ice type, are those Ice type pokemon whose body temperature is not as cold as external Ice type; this leads them to an "iceless" body, which lets them move, escape and attack faster than External Ice type. Internal Ice type, however, does not have stronger defences than those of an External Ice type, but they do have stronger attacks most of the time. They do not freeze the air near them and it is safe to get near one, unless it’s wild and untamed.

“Full Body” Ice type is the name given to those Ice type who do not seem to have external ice attached to their skin, but do have strong defences, colder body temperatures than both and Internal and External Ice type, have powerful ice type attacks and can survive even in hot areas. Their body temperature is so cold that their ice nerves cannot be destroyed no matter how many times they’re burned. They are also known to cause strong hailstorms only with their presence.

Below is a list of Ice type pokemon in their respective subtypes:

External Ice type:

Delibird
    Glalie
    Glacia
    Yukikaburi
    Yukinooh
    Walrein
    Castform (Ice form)
    Aruseus (Icicle Plate)

Internal Ice type:

Dewgong
    Cloyster
    Lapras
    Sneasel
    Weavile
    Swinub
    Piloswine
    Manmuu
    Snorut
    Spheal
    Sealeo
    Jynx
    Smoochum
    Yukimenoko
    Porygon (Only through Conversion)
    Porygon2 (Only through Conversion)
    PorygonZ (Only through Conversion)

“Full Body” Ice type:

Regice
    Articuno

Weaknesses and Resistances

Types such as Dragon, Grass, Flying and Ground pokemon’s bodies are not designed to stand cold temperatures, making Ice type a susceptible hit against them. However, types such as Fighting, Steel, Rock and Fire destroy Ice type by logical reasons such as melting or tearing to pieces.

Ice type won’t be very effective against Steel type, since these ones have defences which let them stand cold temperatures; Ice type itself, since attacking against each other would create more ice, causing no damage and effect; and Fire type, since fire pokemon have hot body temperatures, which lets them survive Ice types’ attacks.

It is currently unknown the way Water types survives Ice type attacks, since we logically know Ice freezes water. Studies and debates are taking place in various part of the world, trying to uncover the mysterious phenomenon known as “Resistance WaterxIce”—however, we currently have no answers on it.

General Information

Like mentioned above, Ice type pokemon are most of those whose body temperature is 16şC or lower.
    External Ice types are known to have a body temperature of -40şC - -60şC approximately, while most Internal Ice types are known to have 16şC - -25şC approximately. “Full Body” Ice type astound scientists with their body temperature, being an incredibly -80şC - -100şC or even lower.

Most Ice type pokemon prefer to live in cold zones such as Antarctica, the Himalayas and peaks of Mount Everest, North pole and basically any other place in which the temperature does not exceed 16şC

Things that are worrying scientists is the extinction of Ice type.

There are only 22 kinds of Ice type pokemon on the world (not including “mutated” pokemon such as Castform, Porygon etc…). This has worried many scientists because Ice type is currently endangered, not for hunting, but for environment destruction.

Due to the effects of Global Warming, the temperatures are rising, and slowly getting to the point in which Ice type wouldn’t be able to survive. One year ago, scientists claimed that External and “Full body” Ice types will be able to survive if the temperature raises, but several studies revealed that Internal Ice types will completely disappear if nothing is done to avoid this. Many campaigns involving Ice type pokemon have been made—however, this hasn’t slowed the process.

Prehistory

Scientists claim that Ice type used to be the type with more pokemon in it during the Ice Ages. However, once the freezing ages were over, the climate drastically changed, there fore making almost every Ice type specie disappear from the world. According to archaeologists who have found and studied different Ice pokemon fossils, there used to be about 170 Ice type species during the Ice Ages, but the end of these periods brought the population down to 22 Ice type pokemon.

Scientists have studied the fossils carefully and revealed that the prehistoric Ice type pokemon’s body temperature was very high in comparison of the actual Ice type. It is said that because of the cold climate during the ice ages, Ice species’ main body temperature was kept at a low level. If this theory is to ever be accurate, then it would mean prehistoric Ice species used to have an average body temperature of 10şC but that was kept lower with the external climate, in other words, prehistoric Ice type pokemon depended on the environment temperature for survival.

Rumours and mysteries

There has been reports of the appearance of new pokemon resembling Ice type—however, it is currently unknown if these reports are accurate. Scientists stated that if this was true, it would mean that Ice type are slowly evolving with time, and developing new features that would help them survive in hot environments while keeping their freezing properties.

In the world we know, there are 493 different species of pokemon and as time flows, more are being discovered—therefore, there is hope that more Ice type pokemon will be discovered.

~~o~~

Sigh... it looked longer on MWord...

Cami~

Reservations accepted by the way!

Yo! Here's the article on Ice type, sorry for taking SO long and if its missing something, give me a shout.
    Sigh... it looked longer on MWord...
    I dont know what your talking about...its perfect length and no worries for taking so long. It got done fine. Its a really good article and i really like it. Although i dont personally see how Delibird and Walrein go into the External sub type.

Good articles. Can I take Castform? This will be fun... Just don't rely on me too much; I'm a very erratic writer.

Ei, nice topic.

Well, I'm not that much good of a writer (I dunno if I have the talent), but I still want to try. Uhmm, maybe I could do an article on Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja? Reservation, please

Don't expect it to be that nice, though, as I'm not as good as those who already posted. Please make your comments as honest (and harsh, ) as possible when I post it.

to extend our reach to the stars above

fics: A Friday / Berries / Ever Grande / Stars / Wishes / Perish / Menu

Good articles. Can I take Castform? This will be fun... Just don't rely on me too much; I'm a very erratic writer.
    Thats ok. Just re-reserve it if you need more time.

Ei, nice topic.

Well, I'm not that much good of a writer (I dunno if I have the talent), but I still want to try. Uhmm, maybe I could do an article on Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja? Reservation, please

Don't expect it to be that nice, though, as I'm not as good as those who already posted. Please make your comments as honest (and harsh, ) as possible when I post it.
    Thats ok, writers of all ability are welcome and all article will be added as long as they follow the rules, are long enough and are reasonable based on theories, fact, science when possible. Basically just like an encyclopaedia article. Looking forward to your aritcle.

You didn't link to my Lunatone article on the first post.
    May I reserve the Steel type? I will try and do a better job of that than I did with my Manafi and Lunatone articles.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that Steel was already done.
    Last edited by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~; 27th December 2006 at 4:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Reason is that its much too short. As i said before, it should be twice as long...

Heh, it's cool to see that the subtypes thing is catching on. I've got a lot of different ideas for divisions of the Electric type, in both power aquiring and discharging.

Hmm...lesse...I have three reservations now...I think I'll add...Palkia. Although that one might have to wait and be re-reserved a lot, because I don't wanna do it until D/P comes out (the only reason I did Lucario was becasue the movie had a plethora of info ^^).

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Sigh... It looked shorter on Word... And I used almost exactly the structure which Chibi Pika used.

Castform (Caelum dominus manu)
    Height: 1’04” Weight: 1.8 lbs

National Dex No.: 351
    Hoenn Dex No.: 142

No gender

Structure:

Castform’s neutral form is consisted mainly of one large, spherical head which is considered the most vulnerable part of its body. A long, jagged uprising extrudes from the top of the head. Scientists have theorized that this is an antenna to pick up tiny fluctuations in humidity, temperature, light, etc., but the scientists who first engineered this Pokčmon decline comment. Two large black eyes are placed around the middle of the head, surrounded by white rings. The base of the Pokčmon is made of three spherical orbs of genetically unstable matter; the back orb tapers off to a point behind the creature. The Pokčmon is covered completely with smooth, light grey fur, excluding the eye rings.

Castform has a very tiny, fragile body; it defends itself by its ability to control the weather.

Background Information:

Castform was originally created by scientists at the Weather Institute to the southwest of Fortree City. The scientists wished to engineer a Pokčmon which could control the weather without natural repercussions; Castform’s additional abilities came as byproducts of the original procedure. Shortly after the project was completed, however, the Team Magma attempted to rob the Pokčmon for their own purposes. They were thwarted by Hoenn Champion Brendan Birch, and, as a result, Castform was given to the Champion in the form of a thank-you gift. This is the only Castform known to exist; it still resides in the possession of Birch.

Attributes:

Castform’s primary ability is the power to control the weather. It has shown signs of summoning rain, hail, or a sunny day, depending on the situation. It can also harness the power of nature to various magnitudes, rising with its skill. Most notably, it can invoke a small, localized snowstorm, bringing substantial harm to its opponent and even freezing it on certain occasions, and if artificially taught by way of TM (Technical Machine), it can even create a full-out blizzard. It also naturally learns the elementary moves corresponding to the three types of weather which it can create, i.e. Water Gun, Powder Snow, and Ember. The magnitude of these moves can be increased manifold using the respective TMs. Also, one of Castform’s moves is the very unique Weather Ball, which focuses the power of the weather into one ball of some material.

Castform also has animokinetic abilities. It can control and move small amounts of air, and change the pressure of the air. It can also form said air into rudimentary shapes, mainly the sphere.

Castform’s mood changes with the weather, in an advanced form of the feelings which humans experience while encountering various conditions. Little is known about why or how this happens, other than the fact that certain magnitudes of temperature, humidity, etc. trigger hormones which bring the appropriate feeling and behavior to the Pokčmon, allowing it to adapt with the weather conditions.

When the weather changes considerably, Castform instantly transforms to the physical embodiment of the current meteorological conditions. More regarding this ability and all others in the next section.

Mechanics:

After considerable study, scientists (Prof. Birch foremost among them) have begun to understand the mechanics of all which Castform does, fueled by the Weather Institute’s reluctant hints and an extensive documentary created by Brendan Birch and his father for their Pokčdex. Castform employs different strategies for changing the weather in different ways; there are three in total.

Sunny Day: Using energy harnessed from its surroundings, Castform ejects a beam of electromagnetic light upwards, which hits a single, airborne droplet of water. The majority of the light simply passes through, but a weak version of the light is extremely refracted and spreads outwards, forming a massive, upside-down dumbbell structure (or, more specifically, a convex lens with a line passing through the pole). This light has the tendency of attracting large amounts of water droplets, which come together and take the same shape as the structure of the light – convex. This mass of water acts as a magnifying glass, focusing the light of the sun to fall upon an approximately 30-yard radius around Castform and causing the area to experience unusually sunny weather.

Rain Dance: Castform moves rapidly in random directions while ejecting a more dispersed version of the same light as that used in Sunny Day. This is often mistaken for a dance, hence the name Rain Dance. The dispersed form of light does not attract water as efficiently as the concentrated form, but covers a larger distance. Also, after traveling a certain distance upwards, it loses energy, and, subsequently, its water-attracting ability. In the area where it is effective, however, it loosely attracts surrounding water particles, which culminate in dense clouds. Castform immediately stops radiating the light after this, and the clouds fall shortly to the earth in the form of rain.

Hail: The same process happens as in Rain Dance, but Castform does not stop radiating the light in the end. It continues giving off the light, forming larger and larger droplets. This step requires immense skill on the part of the Castform; it must take care to keep the large water droplets well-separated from each other by manipulating the beam of light, and it also has to have the stamina to keep producing the light for long periods of time. After the droplets reach the required size, Castform rapidly releases a spurt of pure, pressurized liquid ammonia, which quickly evaporates due to the drop in pressure and supercools the air above the Pokčmon. With a blast of normal air, the cloud of supercooled air is ejected into the rain cloud above, and the supercooled air freezes the water droplets, which fall to the ground, no longer held up by the beam of light. Some amount of the cold air is dispersed into the environment around Castform, lowering the temperature of the entire battlefield in which it is fighting.

Powder Snow and Blizzard is done with roughly the same technique. In these cases, however, the water droplets are not given a chance to become any bigger; they remain droplets, and freeze to form snow, not hail.

Weather Ball is also done in different ways, depending on the prevalent weather. If it is sunny, Castform uses its basic, fairly weak animokinetic (wind-controlling) abilities to create a concentrated ball of air. The sunlight is focused onto the ball of air, and it is thus superheated to alarming temperatures. This ball is them propelled at the opponent, possessing enough heat to substantially damage and/or set fire to whatever it touches. When it is rainy, the ball of air is concentrated as usual, but the humidity is so much that the water vapor in the air condenses from the pressure and forms a globule of water, surrounded by a shell of concentrated air. This ball is then propelled at the enemy. In case of cold weather, the air, which is already very cold, becomes even colder when concentrated. This ball of supercooled, superconcentrated air then hits the opponent, causing special damage to living, organic matter.

Certain changes in weather conditions trigger hormones inside the three spheres at the base of Castform, which change the very genetic structure of most of the cells. The spheres instantly grow into different shapes and change their atomic structure, morphing into an embodiment of the weather around Castform. Also, a glob of some material covers Castform’s head, protecting it from the potentially harmful weather.

When temperature rises and humidity falls, the base gains two more spheres, and all the spheres grow in size, becoming white to repel excess heat. The head is covered in a gelatinous substance which retains a very high temperature without damaging the head inside. The substance does not allow most Pokčmon to even have contact with it. Many spheres of this same substance which are placed on the one globule use an advanced form of photosynthesis to provide Castform with energy; they also emit the electromagnetic light used to change the weather. Castform adapts to the weather, but it has all the weaknesses and strengths of the Fire type, even though it cannot be classified fully in the Fire type.

When it begins to rain, a gelatinous version of water covers the head; it is very difficult to break, and thus it protects the head. This substance itself is formed into an antenna which emits the light required for changing the weather. The base gains many more spheres, and they turn black in order to absorb heat and keep the body temperature at a desirable level. In this manner, it adapts to moderately cold, rainy weather, while having all the advantages and disadvantages of Water types.

In extremely cold weather, Castform completely becomes an External Ice type. It is covered by a layer of dense ice with the strength of steel; it is almost impossible to break. However, Castform suffers all the drawbacks of External Ice types, along with their benefits. The ice is shaped in an intricate system of pipes and works in the same way as a refrigerator, chilling considerably the air around it. In this state, Castform easily thrives in all the usual dangers of frigid weather.
    Last edited by Praxiteles; 28th December 2006 at 2:46 PM.

nice article well explained ill add it soon

I'm done with my Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja article. I hope it's okay. If there are any comments, reactions or criticisms, please do post.

Nincada (Cicadidae tsuchinin)

Basics
    Average Height: 1’8”
    Average Weight: 12 LBS
    Typing: 1st Type – Bug; 2nd Type – Ground
    Classification: Trainee Pokemon
    Common Color: Gray
    Habitat: Underground

Structure
    Nincada’s body is built to adapt in an underground habitat. Its claws are sharp enough to dig through holes and to carve through tree roots for food. Its antennae are used to feel through the path instead of seeing it with its eyes, because a Nincada’s eyes have been blinded from the absence of light.
    Its legs are built well enough to plow through the ground. The wing-like structures on its back are useless as of now, but will develop farther in its growth, and will be used in its evolution.

Habitat and Diet

Nincadas live underground, where they feed, develop, and sometimes train, as they await evolution. Nincadas usually build their nests on strong roots of a tree, where they can rest, eat and perhaps breed. Nincadas will usually live in packs, but will leave the pack alone if they are about to evolve.
    A Nincada’s diet usually consists of the nutrients they absorb from the soil and tree roots. The nutrients are vital for strength, stamina, speed and other physical attributes needed for its evolution. Nincadas also eat berries, just like most pokemon.

Behavior

Nincadas are usually cooperative with other Nincadas in building nests and finding food, but they can be pretty aggressive with other underground species. A Nincada is very offensive when it comes to their property, and always fights back when it is in threat. Nincadas are usually motionless and seem to always rest when they are nearing evolution, and when they are ready to evolve, they move out of the pack.
    Nincadas cannot withstand sunlight, or any light for that matter, that’s why they stay in the pitch-black darkness underground. Nincada will only live outside when it has already evolved.

Evolution
    When a Nincada is about to evolve, it will leave its nest and position itself near the surface. A Nincada then begins to experience a multitude of sheddings, and its structure begins to change. Its wings will become broader, and its claws will become sharper. Its eyes will shrink, but will become more adapted to light, thus making the Nincada see. Its body will become larger and firmer, but light enough to be supported by its new large wings. Its head will then have a gold coating, and finally, its legs will disappear. It will become a new kind of species; a Ninjask.

Ninjask (Cicadidae tekkanin)

Basics
    Average Height: 2’7”
    Average Weight: 26 LBS
    Typing: 1st Type – Bug; 2nd Type – Flying
    Classification: Ninja Pokemon
    Common Color: Yellow
    Habitat: Trees

Structure
    Ninjask’s wings are very broad and strong, making it fly very quickly. It’s been known to be one of the fastest flyers in the world, so it uses its speed to its advantage in escape, predation and even competition. Ninjask’s head is protected with a golden sleet, which makes up for its low capability of taking damage, in or out combat. A Ninjask’s eyes can now be used to its extent, unlike when it was a Nincada. Its claws are very sharp; good for cutting branches, barks, and others.

Habitat and Diet

Ninjask usually switches habitats between trees, in order to protect itself from predators, and in order to find safer shelter and more food. Ninjask will usually fly around a tree, crying, in order to distract or ward off other pokemon and even people.
    A Ninjask’s favorite food is tree sap. It clings into a tree and sucks the sap directly from the tree bark. The sap contains essential nutrients that help it to become even stronger and increase its vitality, being able to fly faster. Ninjasks also eat berries, just like most pokemon.

Behavior
    Ninjasks usually have an arrogant nature; those who wish to train it always have a hard time getting it to follow their commands. A Ninjask is also sensitive; the moment it hears something that it thinks will endanger it, it will cry very loudly and move in a lightning-fast pace. This makes it a very hard competitor in its battles in nature.

Shedinja (Cicadidae nukenin)

Basics
    Average Height: 2’7”
    Average Weight: 3 LBS
    Typing: 1st Type – Bug; 2nd Type – Ghost
    Classification: Shed Pokemon
    Common Color: Brown
    Habitat: Air, sometimes Trees

Formation

It is said that if a Nincada evolves into a Ninjask, it will encounter many sheddings. When it has shed enough to become a Ninjask, the shed parts will bind together. This will then have a ghostly spirit, and eyes and a body will form. It will then become a Shedinja.

Structure
    A Shedinja’s body is only made of pure shell. This shell is not as hard as a Ninjask’s, but is hard enough for protection. The inside of the shell is hollow and dark; very empty, has no organs whatsoever. Its eyes are not blind anymore, unlike when it was a Nincada, so they can be used to see. The spiky structures that come out of its back are not really considered wings, as Shedinja floats rather than flies. These spikes may be used as support for its body.
    The halo-like structure on top of its head symbolizes its spiritual aura. No one really knows why it is there, but all Shedinjas possess it.

Habitat and Diet
    Shedinjas usually just stay floating in the air, watching the night, looking for food or some shelter. Shedinjas can also stay near the upper portions of trees, where it can nest and look for other Shedinjas.
    A Shedinjas diet is very limited; with berries the only confirmed food of this species, just like any pokemon. Shedinja may feed on microorganisms, or may also filter feed.

Behavior
    A Shedinja usually stays motionless; it frequently never reacts to anything. However, when provoked, it will attack. It is said that Shedinja will act very offensive when someone tries to see what’s inside its shell, but it is said to be a myth. Shedinjas are often calm, and if its left undisturbed, will remain gentle.

Hope its ok,

to extend our reach to the stars above

fics: A Friday / Berries / Ever Grande / Stars / Wishes / Perish / Menu

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast