Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Well i have to say that was one of the best articles here! You put so much detail and background and thought into it, well done! You should have more confidence in your writing, looking forward to anything else you may wish to contribute...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

hi i can be on teh computer again so i will have to update the site this week

Excellent article on Jirachi, Jigglypuff5000.

Thanx for the cool feedback on the article guys! I'm actually writing some long time coming fanfic stories of mine now and so I'm workin on my writing skills even more.

If I have time and get any inspiration for the remaining pkmn, I'll be sure to give them a whirl ^-^

Teddiursa - Little Bear POKeMON
    Scientific Name: Ursus Ringuma Minor
    Average Height: 2 Feet, 0 Inches
    Average Weight: 19.4 Pounds
    Life Expectancy: 15-25 Years in the Wild, Up to 30 Captivity
    Habitat: Caves located near or in forests
    Diet: Almost Exclusively Honey

Ursaring - The Bear POKeMON
    Scientific Name: Ursus Ringuma Major
    Average Height: 5 Feet, 11 Inches
    Average Weight: 227.3 Pounds
    Life Expectnacy: 15-25 Years in the Wild, Up to 30 in Captivity
    Habitat: Caves located near or in forests
    Diet: Sweeter berries, such as Pecha, Honey, or Fish such as Magikarp or Feebas

Teddiursa is commonly reffered to as cute due to it’s gentle and appealing outward appearance, combined with the fact that it is almost always ‘sucking it’s thumb’ like a young human child. Also, Teddiursa help serve as the basis for popular toys.

The reasoning for why Ursus Ringuma Minor is often seen licking it’s palm is because it’s fur tends to absorb honey when ever Teddiursa eats. The honey, still being delicious and containing vital nutrients for Teddiursa, must be licked off of the hand by Teddiursa’s fairly rough tounge, which scrapes honey of of Teddiursa’s fur. Upon maturing into Ursaring, the fur straightens and no longer holds honey, or such a low amount Ursaring does not even mind it’s still there. Theories for why Teddiursa’s fur holds honey is so the honey’s scent attracts potential prey and when a Teddiura evolves, it is strong enough to hunt with out this mechanism, or if food is scarce, it can use honey reserves in it’s palm to feed on.

Teddiursa are hatched, like virtually all pokemon. Becuase Teddiursa have an equal chance of being Male or Female, there is little competition amongst Ursaring for mates. Once an Ursaring finds a mate and has an egg with it, the mother Ursaring must have a larger food source, especially honey. The honey produced by pokemon such as Combee is rich in nutrients and provides a plesant taste, meaning an Ursaring’s milk will also have these qualities. The male Ursaring will hunt for Combe hives and usually has fairly easy time getting past Combee sentries and looting hives for honey. Should Vespiquen appear and inflict damage upon Ursaring, the Ursaring will either be driven to run faster and escpae or build attack do provide more self defense, as seen in the pokemon abilities ‘Guts’ and ‘Quick Feet’. Ursaring is always careful not to take more honey than it needs, for should Vespiquen be malnourished and die, Combee will become scarcer and as a by product, the honey.

Because Ursaring’s milk is so sweet, infant teddiursa tend to develop a taste for it. Upon reaching 8 months of age, Teddiursa will begin to hunt for food, namely honey. While Ursaring retrieve the honey for Teddiursa as to ensure Teddiursa does not become injured, Teddiursa learns how to obtain honey for itself from it’s mother or father. Usually, the father will have left the mother by now and gone on to mate with another female. Also, it should be noted Ursaring have only one to two offspring at a time.

Female Ursaring are extremely protective of their children (compare with Kangaskhan). Should the child wander away from the mother and become lost, the mother can destroy entire forests in search of the child. Teddiursa use extremely loud cries to contact the mother whenever it is lost or injured. Should Teddiursa be found injured, Ursaring determines the cause of Teddiursa’s discomfort by asking it with a series of growls. Then Ursaring attacks the cause of said discomfort, much to Teddiursa’s enjoyment.

Teddiursa are very fickle, they will always want honey, so it is difficult for a trainer to convince it to eat other foods. A mother usually has a closer bond and has an easier time convince the youthful Ursaring to indulge of fish POKeMON such as Feebas (which may explain the rarity of Feebas) or Goldeen. Ursaring will throw back any Magikarp because they have very little, if any meat.

Ursaring also consume sweet fruits. The usually climb the tree to get said food, but can knock down the tree if it so pleases. It tends not to do this in order not to decrease the food supply of the ecosystem.

Ursus Ringuma Major and Ursus Ringuma Minor are hibernating pokemon, so upon the end of autumn (Usually around late novemebr and early December) the bear pokemon will feast upon any food it can find, and sometimes competition for food is so extreme Ursaring will steal, kill and eat another Ursaring’s offspring.

Ursaring are found primarily in the Johto and Hoenn regions, and are are also found (but not as commonly) in the Sinnoh region when Pokemon are shipped from Hoenn to Sinnoh for zoos. Some tend to escape and breed in the wild, usually a group of rebellious Teddiursa. This has gone on for so long they are now part of the ecosystems of Lake Valor and Route 211.

The population of the bear population never seems to shift very much. In late autumn, some Teddiursa and Ursaring are killed due to the food competition, but in summer they tend to repopulate due to that being the time of breeding. They do not breed during Spring, unlike most pokemon, because they want to avoid competing for food, and other pokemon species are much less rare during spring.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/wbfm1f.png[/IMG]

Banner CreditsSuper Smash Bros. ClubProfile Picture Credits

HeartGold Friend Code: 4727-0179-1321
    Generation 4 Battles: Level 100 Standard, No Rotom Formes

Nice article .::Escalator::. The only thing I disagree on is Ursarings diet. Ursaring would be near the top of the food chain and eat, like real life bears, berries, roots, all fish (Magikarp, Feebas, Goldeen, etc) as well as hunting some prey, perhaps Stantler, Furret, Girafarig, Linoone etc. But thats what i think at least...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

I haven't done a single article in the longest time, so I might as well write one now. I'll be writing an article on the Pokérus. (If a glitch can have it's own entry, why not a virus?)

Pokérus
    Height: 20-300 NM (Nanometers) Weight: N/A
    Lifespan: Unknown, can range from 20 seconds to several billion years

At some point in many trainer's career, their pokémon may become sick with a certain virus known as the pokérus. Pokémon exibit drowsiness, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing and all sorts of aliments, thankfully the condition dissappears after about 24 hours or so, only to be passed on to another member of that person's team.

But what exactly is the Pokérus? The pokérus is a lifeform that's microscopic, and can only be seen with a powerful microscope. It was discovered that the Pokérus is made up of a colony of 100 or more different "speices" or types of viruses. It could be likened to an entire regional dex contained in a single infected pokémon. After examining different samples from infected and non-infected pokémon, It's been concluded that all of these "speices" are all quite common and at least one kind or another can be found on nearly every pokémon. It is only when every single one of these different viruses are present on a single pokémon that Pokérus develops.

If this is so, then why doesn't the pokémon become violently ill? It is hypothoized that all of the viruses are competing against each other and the host pokémon's immune system. However, it is a losing battle for the viruses and immune system eventually subdues them.

There are several ongoing debates concerning Pokérus. For example, can these lifeforms be considered pokémon? are they even alive? This is debateable since they do not completely fit the definition of life.

Unlike pokémon and humans, Pokérus are not made up of cells, they only consist of strands of DNA contained in a casing made of protein. This protein casing can take many different shapes: spheres, pyramids, cubes, and even more complex shapes such as a screw with spider-like legs have been observed. Whatever the shape it may be, they all have a single purpose: to find a host cell and to "inject it's DNA cargo into it. The viruses' DNA then uses the cell's biomechanics to replicate more of the virus' DNA and protein casings. The cell then dies and more of the viruses are released to infect other cells. Eventually, some of the host's cells develop an immunity to the virus, and the virus invasion dies out on the host. However, by this time, the host pokémon must have come into contact with another pokémon, thus spreading the virus even further along.

It is noted that The pokérus is probably one of the most hardy lifeforms we know of. Being able to infect every single speices of pokémon is no easy feat. They can go from living on a firey slugma to an ice cold glalie to a toxic muk quite easily. It is also theorized that it can even survive in the most inhospitable enviroments on earth and even in the vacumn of space.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Nice article .::Escalator::. The only thing I disagree on is Ursarings diet. Ursaring would be near the top of the food chain and eat, like real life bears, berries, roots, all fish (Magikarp, Feebas, Goldeen, etc) as well as hunting some prey, perhaps Stantler, Furret, Girafarig, Linoone etc. But thats what i think at least...
    Didn't you say not tocompare pokemon to their real life counterparts? Make up your mind.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/wbfm1f.png[/IMG]

Banner CreditsSuper Smash Bros. ClubProfile Picture Credits

HeartGold Friend Code: 4727-0179-1321
    Generation 4 Battles: Level 100 Standard, No Rotom Formes

Quote Originally Posted by .::Escalator::. View Post
    Didn't you say not tocompare pokemon to their real life counterparts? Make up your mind.
    There's a big difference between explicitly stating that Ursaring is like a bear and giving it bearlike qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayuZane
    There is nothing noble about dragons. They're basically magical dinosaurs.

At least they're great for surfing.
    lol, applicability.

ohhh nice pokerus never thought that would happen
    but you didnt mention its beneficial to their growth

I didnt say to call it a bear in the article. I simply said that Ursaring is based on and can be compared to real life bears. So its habitat and diet and behaviour would reflect this. Thus Ursaring=bear Stanler=deer etc.

Okay, I know it was waaaaay overdue on this X_x, but at least I didn't forget it and managed to finish it ^^;
    ------------------------

Donphan (Tyrannusbarrus Donfan)

Height: 3’7
    Weight: 264’5 lbs

Phanpy (Catulusbarrus Gomazu)

Height: 1’8
    Weight: 74lbs

Donphan is an ground type pokemon that has an armour structure along it’s back, somewhat very similar to a tire. It also has two large tusks curved upward with it’s mouth between the tusks, it also has large ears that looks like bird wings with the colour of crimson red on the inside part. On it’s thick legs, there are black armours that look like bracelets, used to protect it’s knees whenever it uses a rollout attack, and along the center of it’s back is an armour that represents patterns of a car tires. Probably used in rollout attacks to protect the spine from traction and to make double the impact damage.

It’s younger version Phanpy is actually more then two times smaller then Donphan, but it can still pack quite a hit. It has a light blue body with a red patch on it’s tusk that probably protects it whenever it does a rollout. It’s actually quite impressive that a small creature like Phanpy can handle so many rollouts and a serious rollout collision with an enemy pokemon.

How Donphans meet and mate is rather quite original and intriguing, usually what male donphans does to meet and mate with a female is to battle each other in a rollout competition, sort of like the strongest Donphan wins, sometimes though it can be pure luck that a male and female donhpan mate without the use of a rollout competition at all.

The stuff they usually eat are usually leaves and berries, with meat that come from fish pokemon. In order to catch one, if there is a group of bout three to six Donphans, they will stomp the ground with full force to create like a mini earthquake to make the fish pokemon jump up and land on the shorelines were the Donphans catch them with ease and have themselves a good dinner.

Donphans in herd are very dangerous when in come into contact. They way a herd can identify the leader is by the size and length of the tusks, the biggest tusks means that Donphan is the sure leader.

Donphans can help humans in some ways as well, like whenever a mountain is blocked by a huge rock or mudslife, they usually use their strength to clear the rock or mudslide so that pokemon and humans can use the trail. But on the other hand, when pokemon hunters harm a Donphan’s young, presumably their Phanpy, then the mother will go into a fit of rage against the hunters vehicle if the humans use one to catch a running Phanpy, and will use a rollout to send the pokemon hunters flying into the sky.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

I'd like to write Stantler and Magnezone, if that's okay.

EDIT: Here's the Magnezone line. I hope it's decent...

Magnezone (levitas in obscurum)
    Height: 3 feet, 11 inches
    Weight: 398.8 lbs

The Magnezone is a variety of Pokemon created by intense magnetism. They consist of two magnets attached to a central metallic body, with a single eye above. This species is asexual. In addition, experiments show that it can survive 350 years before it starts to destabilize. The two magnets concentrate electrical and other types of energy inside, and seem to allow the Magnezone to hover in midair using electromagnetic pulses. There pulses can be disrupted by harsh tremors on the ground. Remaining energy can be released in beams from the tips of the appendages, with potentially deadly force. The Magnezone feeds on the electromagnetic signals of its prey's nervous system, often leaving the physical corpse for scavengers. Magnezones dislike bright light, and live mostly in caves or abandoned bildings.

Magnezones do not sleep, but they must remain stationary to recharge their magnet units. They usually live in groups, and link via magnetism to attact particularly strong foes. They constantly travel, and drain sleeping prey of the electrical signals of the prey's nervous system, taking the corpse home only if there are any Magnemite in the group. Magnezone groups are tightly knit, and the Magnezone will self-destruct to protect the group. When enough Magnezone are close together, they generate an electromagnetic field strong enough to create a Magnemite, a sort of infant Magnezone. Magnemite feed on solid food and are weaker than Magnezone, but will become adult Magneton when fused with two other Magnemite. The Magneton feeds on a mix of electromagnetism and matter, and can be further mutated by magnetism to become a Magnezone.

The inside of Magnezone's body is hollow, containing only a brain and energy siphon systems, in addition to the stomach, used in earlier stages. Magnezone born as Magnezone do not contain the stomach.

Before the discovery of electricity, Magnezone were considered sacred in some cultures, living in temples where they were asked to give light shocks to people and Pokemon, thus stimulating their neural impulses. Because this increased the intelligence of the being in question, it was thought that Magnezone were conduits that delivered blessings from the gods. In addition, the shocks increased blood flow, alertness, and strength temporarily. Magnemite and Magneton were treated with reverence in the hopes that they would one day become a Magnezone. Soon after the Industrial Revolution, it was discovered that Magnezone would also produce Magnemite when left with a Ditto, and Magneton became known for providing electricity. The Pokemon involved enjoyed the activity as well, since they merely had to absorb energy from running water and release about one-third of it in the form of electricity, in addition to having their pick of water Pokemon. Occasionaly, one would evolve in the mountains, and it was soon discovered that Mt. Coronet, the world's tallest mountain, would trigger their evolution.

Magnezone is popular with Trainers due to being relatively common, kind, and quite powerful. In rare cases, one will be found with a silvery body and blue eyes. These are usually captured by poachers and sold on the black market.
    Last edited by Crazy Weavile; 26th June 2007 at 10:13 AM.

Button by Co-Director KougaWolf!
    English: Come alive with the Pepsi generation.
    Chinese: Pepsi brings back your dead ancestors.

^^Both really great articles! Keep it up!

Love this Encyclopedia! I even nominated it for fanfic award. Good article on pokerus, nice twist, but was wondering if it would have anything about it being a stat booster...

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code: 3523-1844-5527
    only use AR for playing with different pokemon as a starter when i get bored of the same three types on pearl (Hey, sometimes it's fun playing pearl with the choice of raising a spheal or misdreavus early on and ditching the piplup I've used for the 20th time!)

Can I do one for the oddish family as while as the skitty family?
    Pokemon Black team:

Love this Encyclopedia! I even nominated it for fanfic award. Good article on pokerus, nice twist, but was wondering if it would have anything about it being a stat booster...
    Thanks, im honoured, and its only due to the hard work of everyone that this is so successful

^^Of course you can..

Ok! I'll get started on oddish's and skitty's family as soon as I can. Don't expect this week though!!
    Pokemon Black team:

Just to let you guys know, im in the army now for a while so my updates on this may be rather sporadic, but everyone carry on as normal...

I'm sorry I don't have one up for skitty's and oddish's family yet! I've been busy busy busy!!

To you: I'm thinking about joining a military branch. It all depends on a friend of mine.
    Pokemon Black team:

Hey, is anyone still working on the Electabuzz/Elekid/Electivire page? Because I'll gladly do it. In fact, I would kill to be able to do it! *starts foaming at the mouth, scaring away the children* Theres goes my Mall Santa job..
    IT'S FINALLY BACK!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/vg1ovt.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultimate Face-Off Owner

Winner: for Adventure Face-Off Red and Blue Version!
    Credit for userbar goes to
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~

seems that this topic is going on slower then it use to be, as for my articles, I'll try to get them done as soon as possible x.x
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Well I for one am in the army now, (97 days to go til im out for good!!! ) so at l cant update as much as I previously did, which in turn makes this move slower I guess. Hmmm ill try to get an article done this weekend to help this along...

and ill be sure to keep the site up to date

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast