Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Castform was originally created by scientists at the Weather Institute to the southwest of Fortree City. The scientists wished to engineer a Pokčmon which could control the weather without natural repercussions; Castform’s additional abilities came as byproducts of the original procedure.
    Good.

Shortly after the project was completed, however, the Team Magma attempted to rob the Pokčmon for their own purposes. They were thwarted by Hoenn Champion Brendan Birch, and, as a result, Castform was given to the Champion in the form of a thank-you gift. This is the only Castform known to exist; it still resides in the possession of Birch.
    This Is bad. Way to many references to the anime and specific people. Also Castform does have a gender and this as well as the fact that if they have more than one they can gain more research points to the fact that there is more than one in existance. Also they are catchable in D/P.

So apart from the anime and specific people references and the gender mistake it was really good. nice job.

Nincadas also eat berries, just like most pokemon.
    I dont know where so many people get the idea that Pokemon live off of berries. At least half would eat other Pokemon, grass types can use photosynthesis or eat grass, maybe some bugs or birds would eat berries but certainly not the majority.

Hope its ok,
    Yeah it was very good. It worked very well. However Nincada/evos would all be the same species and thus have the same latin name, as Pokemon can be considered to simply grow up. That as well as my opinion on berries, above^

Ok we reached the half way mark! Until i add the D/P Pokemon at least. So thanks to everyone who has written an article and helped make the Encyclopaedia a success. Thank you and have a great new year!
    Last edited by you; 29th December 2006 at 10:41 PM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

^
    Thanks. About the berries thing, its not really a given, but Nincada may. So, its an optional diet.

Well, happy new year to you too

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

You, I am sorry that the article is late and under length. I cannot think of any more.

Diaruga! It's time to up!

Diaruga (Carbonus Draconus)

Diaruga is what humans call a legendary Pokemon; That is, it is unbreedable by human means.

Diaruga is about 17 feet 9 inches high, and weigh about 1500 pounds. It eats mainly Snorlax and Kaburaisu. Diaruga is supposed to be only in the Sinnou, but resaearch suggests that there are truely thousands for each area. It is awoken by means of a red chain, and this chain helps alterthe magnetic field that Diaruga disrupts. Until recently, we did not know about its internal anatomy, until a trainer came in with one that had eaten a Hyper Ball, causing chemical breakdowns that kill any pokemon.

A series of operations had started to figure out the internal anatomy as well as save it. As the scientists found out, scapels did nothing against a Diaruga's skin, which had the properties of steel ore. They then figured out that the key to get inside of a Diaruga relied on the Diamond Plate on its chest. It was sucessfully removed, and they delved into a layer of skin protected by this steel covering. They cut inside and found, much to everyone's suprise, a Rapidash-like internal body structure. As they fixed it's Pokeball predicament, they took a core sample out of its bones. It is also interesting to note that the heart, unlike the rest of the internal organs, was covered by a steel sheet. The core sample was a steel-like ore.

It is interesting to note that, whilst poking around in there, scientists found a womb, meaning that this particular Diaruga was a female.

It is a grave error for a trainer to captue a Diaruga in a Master Ball, as it shows that the trainer tries to take an easy way out. Diaruga does not like absolute control.
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

its seems to short and usually legendary's are written about what scientists think about it and teh master ball bit shouldnt be included

I'd like to write an article on the Ghost type
    ~Love--Dance~

one of the links i posted above has info on ghost types

I'll reserve Sableye for now. And Farfetch'd.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to do a log for Unown.
    +~~~
    ~~~+

All reservations accepted.

Thanks. About the berries thing, its not really a given, but Nincada may. So, its an optional diet.
    Yeah i understand and that point came accross. It just that it sparked off my annoyance of how some people say that "insert Pokemon" lives off of berries only. Even though berries alone is an impossible diet. But meh.

You, I am sorry that the article is late and under length. I cannot think of any more.
    I understand, but im afraid its kinda short. Also the style its written in is not suitable for the Encyclopaedia. Legendaries article should be written as though they are extremely rare, or simply ignore the legendary status. You should also not include references to how they are acquired in the game and so forth...Otherwise its a good article. If you edited it to include behaviour and breeding habits it would be good. Otherwise im afraid i cant accept it.

Hopefully should have my article finished in the next day or two, been busy with christmas and new year and stuff...
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

I am going to re-do my Lunatone article, making it longer and better on the whole. As I am fitting it between writing my own fanfic it may take a while.
    Expect it sometime late Jan/early Feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Did Palkia get reserved for me? =/

Oh, and Seth_X_of_Fortree.--how about you add a paragraph describing its physical appearance in detail, and then move on to explain sightings of it, or how its power works or investigations of the rumors that it can manipulate time. The sky's the limit with Legendaries.

But the fact there are thousands of it...I dunno. Even though a lot of articles have had Legendaries as not unique, a giant, powerful legend like Dialga seems like it would be pretty rare, with a really long lifespan, rarely interacting with others of its kind and therfore only a few born each year.
    Btw, the fact that carbonus for diamonds was in it's name was cool. But wouldn't it make more sense the other way, like Draco carbonus, since it's first and foremost a dragon, but with Diamond characteristics?

~Chibi~
    Last edited by Chibi Pika; 1st January 2007 at 11:06 PM.

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Pika View Post
    The sky's the limit with Legendaries.
    That's not entirely true IMO...

I've found that alot of people want to do the legendary pokémon, but they're actually kinda hard to make up stuff for because even though they have plenty of canonical information, most of it is related to fantastic powers that are nearly impossible to explain with conventional science, or at least science that kids or pre-teens understand (assuming that the people writing the articles are of that age)

In order to write a proper article, one must actually have a very good understanding of the pokémon they are dealing with. I would usually suggest not making articles about DP legendaries, as we don't have a completely clear understanding of those particular pokémon yet.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I hope I did well, I used Latiaslvr’s format for creating this article

Classifications

Ghost type pokemon are classified to be so by being made up of ectoplasm. Ghost type pokemon usually have excellent control of their molecular structure, by rearranging their molecules they have the ability to pass through solid objects. Because of this they are thought to be disembodied spirits. Most Ghost types can levitate in some form or another.

The ghost type has two sub-types. These sub-types are called Host Ghost types and Unrestricted Ghost types.

Host Ghost types are ghost types that have bodies that are composed of spread out gaseous materials and even a simple vibration of a sound wave could break it apart and destroy it. These ghost types must reside in a host; these hosts are usually inorganic materials. An example would be Banette, whose actual body could be blown into particles by even the gentlest winds. Host types usually inhabit the object for most of their life if not all. The abilities of the host types are severely limited by their host body. Although this sacrifice of offensive powers usually grant them more physical or defensive powers. Host types are not as adept in flight than Unrestricted types due to their host body.

Unrestricted Ghost types are those whose molecules are much more bunched together, which protects them from being scattered. These ghost types are free to move and most can exhibit flight much better. Unrestricted types however usually don’t have the ability to hit with much physical force and usually rely on more energy based attacks. Unrestricted types are able to shift their body into many forms. Some ghost pokemon, such as Gengar, can shift their bodies into nearly flat puddles and absorb all the light that hits it, thus creating a sort of shadow puddle. Unrestricted types are almost always faster than Host types due to the freedom they have.

The category which each known ghost type falls in is listed below:

Host Ghost type:

Shedinja
    Shuppet
    Bannette
    Duskull
    Dusclops
    Fuwante
    Fuwaraido
    Mikaruge

Unrestricted types:

Gastly
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Misdreavus
    Sableye
    Muumaji
    Yonowaaru
    Yukimenoko
    Rotomu
    Giradina
    Porygon (Only through Conversion)
    Porygon2 (Only through Conversion)
    PorygonZ (Only through Conversion)
    Arseus (Spirit Plate)

Weaknesses and Resistances:

Ghost types are able to effectively avoid being damaged by Normal and Fighting type attacks by displacement of their molecules to avoid being hit by their attacks. Normal type pokemon have the ability to displace the particles that ghost types are composed of, so Normal types also have immunity toward Ghost types attacks. Many Ghost type Pokemon have the ability to levitate, thus granting them immunity to ground type attacks.

Bug type attacks are not very effective against ghost types because of their physical nature. Ghost pokemon have no organic materials to poison so Poison type attacks also do not harm Ghost pokemon as much as other types of attacks.

Ghost types are severely susceptible to other Ghost type attacks because it is the only thing that can effectively touch a Ghost type. Another weakness ghost types have is to Dark types. The Dark type’s attacks also have much effect on Ghost types due to the supernatural composition of the attacks which can effectively contact a Ghost type.

Steel type Pokemon’s external metallic hides or internal metallic structure are resistant against the supernatural energy of ghost type attacks. Dark types have resistance against ghost type attacks due to their sinister aura which effectively reduces the energy in the ghost type attack.

Ectoplasm can cripple an opponents mind, for some reason the more energy a brain emits the more damage the ectoplasm will cause to the brain. For this reason ghost type attacks are very effective against Psychic pokemon.

General Information:

Most Ghost type Pokemon are extremely hostile toward humans and other pokemon. Ghost type pokemon are to be feared as most of them feed off of the energy emitted by the brain. Ghost type pokemon usually reside in caves or abandoned houses.

There are currently 12 species of Ghost type pokemon to be known. This number cannot be confirmed as all of the species of ghost type pokemon. In fact Scientists have hypothesized that there can be almost 6 times more ghost pokemon than currently known at this time. The reasons for believing so comes from the fact that ghost type pokemon are very reclusive.

Prehistory:

Prehistory of ghost type pokemon is scarce due to ghost pokemon not leaving any fossil records. When a fully grown Gengar dies its body reverts back to gas and it is scattered away. When host ghost type pokemon die the host body reverts back to its normal state and the pokemon that inhabited it scatters away. The only way that scientists know that ghost type pokemon existed in the past are ancient paintings depicting ghost pokemon taking small children and doing other sinister deeds. In old cathedrals it is not unusual to see Gengars dragging away sinners into the depths of hell.

In fact in the Renaissance it was considered a holy deed if a warrior were to kill a ghost pokemon. There are ancient tales that say that it was the over killing of ghost pokemon that caused them to be so reclusive and sinister.
    ~Love--Dance~

great ghost article one thing i may be wrong but isnt porygon z a ghost type anyway

Quote Originally Posted by flame fox View Post
    great ghost article one thing i may be wrong but isnt porygon z a ghost type anyway
    Not really, it began to express a eccentric personality, but it's still a normal type.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Man, this article ended up longer than I had thought! (over three pages) I went into everything I could think over. Energy creation, useage, attacks, speed, abilites, ect. Unfortunately I think the Discharging section is a bit odd and confusing, but you'll have to be the judge on that.

I came up with the tax part because my city is retarded and puts a tax on how many vehicles you own, or something like that (heard my parents complaining about it, lol.)

Electric Pokemon

Introduction

No special energy type is more complex and interesting than the Electric type. Within the type are a surprising number of subtypes, differing manners of handling energy, and methods of utilizing it. The Electric type is officially classified as a special attack type due to the fact that the majority of attack and abilities rely on the Pokémon’s energy strength (with some exceptions owing to techniques like Thunderpunch that rely more of physical strength.)

Like all Pokémon, Electric types generate an incredible amount of energy within their bodies. Differences between different species, however, owe more to the way that this power is handled, rather than physical characteristics, unlike many other types. Because of this, Electric types cannot be readily separated into subtypes based upon unrelated abilities. Subtypes must be separated into two categories based upon energy generation and manifestation.

There are currently 28 species of electric Pokémon that have been discovered and documented.

Energy Generation

Although all Electric Pokémon generate their own power, there are additional ways for them to obtain outside energy, which creates the first set of subtypes: Static and Absorbing.

Static Electric Types:
    Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
    Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
    Mareep/Flaaffy
    Raikou
    Electrike/Manectric
    Plusle/Minun
    Pachirisu
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray

Static Electric Types are able to take in the energy contained within the atmosphere. Although this is not particularly advantageous in most cases, it can be incredibly useful during a thunderstorm, in which the Pokémon could potentially have an unlimited power source. However, this ability is not involuntary, and requires a great deal of concentration on the Pokémon’s part. Essentially, the Pokémon must expend energy in order to utilize outside energy.

As an off note, the Static Subtype is unrelated to the common Electric ability known as Static, which simply means that energy might be involuntarily loosed into an attacker making physical contact, resulting in temporary paralysis.

Absorbing Electric Types:
    Voltorb/Electrode
    Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
    Jolteon
    Zapdos
    Ampharos
    Chinchou/Lanturn
    Rotom

By contrast, Absorbing Electric types cannot boost their own energy production through electricity in the atmosphere, however they can absorb energy in its most direct form: pure electricity. Although this is an especially useful technique when facing a fellow electric type, it is nearly useless against other Pokémon, unless lightning strikes them (however, it takes a particularly powerful Pokémon to be able to withstand the blast enough to absorb it.) Additionally, if a Pokémon absorbs more electricity than its body can store, it will put itself into an especially vulnerable situation of being harmed by its own power.

It is interesting to note certain Pokémon species in particular. For example, Mareep and Flaaffy can take in static from the air through their woolly coats, but in losing that fur upon becoming an Ampharos, it loses the ability as well, but gains the ability to absorb pure electricity.

Volt Absorb is a very unique and intriguing ability and it should be noted that the only individuals possessing it (Chinchou/Lanturn and Jolteon) are all in the Absorbing subtype. Through Volt Absorb, a Pokémon can not only take in pure electricity, it can employ this power to boost its stamina

Energy Manifestation

Considerably less complicated is the manner in which Pokémon use their power. All Pokémon energy, even with Electric types, has to be converted into its respective element. This creates the second set of subtypes: Channeling and Total.

Channeling Electric Types:
    Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
    Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
    Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
    Chinchou/Lanturn
    Plusle/Minun
    Pachirisu

Channeling Electric Pokémon must focus their energy into a specific region of their bodies in order to convert it into conventional electricity.

Total Electric Types:
    Voltorb/Electrode
    Jolteon
    Zapdos
    Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos
    Raikou
    Electrike/Manectric
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    Rotom

Total Electric Pokémon, on the other hand can generate electricity throughout their entire body. Likewise, it is easier for them to employ techniques such as Thunderpunch and Thunder Fang (although Channeling Electric Types can use such moves.)

It is important to note that there is little correlation between the two subtype categories. Pokémon of the same subtype in one category can easily be in different subtypes in another category.

Discharging

Typically, the strength of an electric attack depends upon the voltage loosed in the technique. Most attacks simply involve the discharging of power directly from the Pokémon; however, there are variations. Thunder, for example, is uses by firing a burst of electricity into the air, and is significantly more powerful in the presence of a storm (and can even trigger electrical storms if the conditions are right.)

One very unique attack is appropriately named Discharge in that is simply involves the loosing of power from the Pokémon, rather than focusing it. Although typically only a move of above average power, it has disastrous potential if the Pokémon does not keep control over its own power. In such cases, it could literally drain its body of energy, possibly even resulting in death if this goes beyond the amount used for voluntary action, such as attacking.

Speed

One of the most noteworthy aspects of Electric Pokémon is that most of them are incredibly quick in some way or another. The reason behind this is due to two factors. Firstly, Electric Pokémon can use their own power to charge their muscles with incredible energy. And secondly, when in motion, they can discharge energy behind them to act as a rocket boost in speed. The only Pokémon that can actually utilize an opposing Pokémon’s electricity to boost its only speed is Electivire. This is especially interesting, because although it is an Absorbing Pokémon, it does not even need to take in the power—energy enters it and then is discharged immediately. It is important for trainers to predict this reaction in battle and train their Electivire to not be thrown off balance in the event.

Human Use

Electric types were long revered for their ability to create and control something that could not be explained or harnessed in any way. When humans first learned how to utilize electricity, however, Electric Pokémon’s potential was quickly realized. Nowadays, Pokémon are often used to power the generators at plants, either by trained Pokémon or by attracting large amounts of wild Electric types with the hopes of storing the discharged power from so many in one place.

Most homes are now wired so that Electric Pokémon can charge a power box used to store energy. Because energy is so easy to attain, however, many cities place a tax on homeowners with Electric Pokémon.

In closing, Electric Pokémon are very interesting and varied, with many wondrous abilities, and techniques.

~Chibi~
    Last edited by Chibi Pika; 24th October 2007 at 10:48 PM.

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Did Palkia get reserved for me? =/
    Should have been, if it isnt on the front page ill run and do that now.

But the fact there are thousands of it...I dunno. Even though a lot of articles have had Legendaries as not unique, a giant, powerful legend like Dialga seems like it would be pretty rare, with a really long lifespan, rarely interacting with others of its kind and therfore only a few born each year.
    Exactly how i perseve legendary Pokemon, which also makes much more sense in the world this encyclopaedia.

In order to write a proper article, one must actually have a very good understanding of the pokémon they are dealing with. I would usually suggest not making articles about DP legendaries, as we don't have a completely clear understanding of those particular pokémon yet.
    Yes. I said this a while back and ill say it again. There simply is not that much information about most D/P Pokemon to write complete articles on them. This is why i dont have the list on the front page as Im waiting for the English games to come out and more information about the Pokemon to be provided, through the anime or other sources. However if one wants to write an article on any D/P Pokemon i wont stop you and if it fits the same criteria as any other article ill put it in the Encyclopaedia.

Megadio26, great article as usual. I liked it alot.

Chibi Pika, another great article with outstanding attention to detail. The dischargiong section seems ok, at least to me.

Good job.

Hey just so everyone knows you can read the dex entries for the Diamond and Pearl pokemon on Bulbapedia.... I'd like to reserve Chatot....
    ~Love--Dance~

sorry that it took me so long x_x. I was really busy. Anyway, here's the Ariados/Spinarak column that was due so long ago ^^;
    ---------------

Ariados (Conduplico Ariados)

Height: 3’7
    Weight: 73’9 lbs

Spinarak (Perbeatusvultus Itomaru)

Height: 1’8
    Weight: 18’7 lbs

Ariados and Spinarak are both bug pokemon that are commonly found in the forest part areas of the Johto region. Both of the spider like pokemon share their very own key elements that makes them different from one and another. Spinarak is often considered to be the “happy face” pokemon, because it has the face of a happy person on it’s back. It also has six legs that are in a bee colour pattern of yellow and black, two small pink grippers, and black eyes that can strike fear into people that have arachnophobia.

Ariados on the other hand, people believe it is a cross breed of a spider and an ant. It has six legs in another colour pattern of purple and yellow, but unlike Spinarak, Ariados’s hind legs are near the rear end, possibly being served as antennae. It also has a small horn on it’s head, small grippers on either side of it’s mouth to use for chewing and grinding food. It also has sharp purple amethyst eyes that glow when the sun/moon light hits them, a yellow stinger on it’s rear end, and a orange and black body colour pattern with two black dots on either side of the stinger. Now usually, the life span of a Spinarak and Ariados are between ten and fifteen years, but in those rare cases, that if it’s super healthy, it can live up to twenty-three years.

Their diet usually resides in berries and bug type pokemon. In the Spinarak stage, their stomachs are too small and don’t have strong enough stomach acid to digest the bug pokemon, so Spinaraks usually eat any kind of berry that they like. Now as they grow into an Ariados, the stomachs get larger and they develop stronger acid for them to digest small bug pokemon. How they do it is quite simple really.

First, they search around the woods they live in (usually looks around the area within a three mile radius), once they set their eyes on a small bug type pokemon (like Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, any bug type pokemon that’s less then a foot and 3 inches), they shoot out a string of very sticky webbing from their mouths, and wrap it around their meal. Once the meal is wrapped in webbing enough for it to unable to move, Ariados pulls it towards it’s mouth. Once the wrapped pokemon gets next to it, usually Ariados just waits for the trapped pokemon to suffocate in the webbing and pass away. Once the meal is… Well, deceased, Ariados gently unwraps the webbing that covers the dead bug pokemon, and eats it. Thanks to the small grinders they have, in case the bug pokemon has a hard shell casing, the grinders will help Ariados crunch up the hard casing and get them to the insides of the bug pokemon. It also helps them chew easier.

The feet on the Ariados legs are like hooks. This helps the Ariados grip well enough onto vertical areas and horizontal areas, like a tree stump, anything that the feet can attach to upside down.

How Spinaraks are born goes like this. Ariadoses can’t make baby Spinaraks by doing…well, you know, so what they do is this. Female Ariadoses have a body part in their system that allows them to carry tiny eggs, since it’s really small, the maximum capacity is usually about 20-40 eggs. The females got the eggs in their system at birth, but the process is slow. It usually takes about four and a half years after the female is born for them to reach labour. Once they are ready to lay the eggs, they find a soft dirt patch in the woods to dig in, and start making a fifteen inch hole.

Now here’s the interesting part, instead of laying the eggs through the back end, the eggs come out from the Ariadoses mouth, kind of like vomiting it out, cause the body part that contains the eggs is connected to their oesophagus. Once the eggs are out of their body, the Ariados makes a thick silk bed on top of the dirt hole to keep the eggs warm for about four to seven weeks. The mother usually sticks close to the dirt hole, because they need to protect the eggs from pokemon or humans that will try to penetrate through the silk blanket. Then the eggs will hatch, and the mother will nurture them until they are big and healthy enough to go out into the woods on their own. Which is about seven to eleven months. Usually only four to ten eggs hatch, for the reasons why, it is unknown to the scientists of today.
    ---------------------------------

Since I might not be able to come up with any ideas for the Ryhorn and Rhydon section, remove my name from it, and give it to someody else ^^. But I would like to give it a shot for the Dragon type section, if it's alright ^^;
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 6th January 2007 at 1:30 AM. Reason: need to add more info
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

K, I'e nicely contributed my article with three pages.^^ So Love Unown.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Unown

Height: 1ft 8in

Weight: 11.0lb

Unown are the famous, letter-shaped pokemon that currently take reign in Johto, and a few unconfirmed areas’, presumed to be ruins, in the Sevii Island Archipelago by a few anonymous sources in the Kanto region. Describing Unown can be a troubling thing, seeing as only a handful of people have ever bared the luck of witnessing such a character, and scientific assumptions can only be concluded. But perhaps even more strange, scientists have created there own image of Unown using the latest, high end technology and assume that many of the reported look like a set of letters. Following the same pattern as with Unown T, the leading scientists have created an entire set of twenty-three supposed pokemon of the Unown variety.

All share common traits, such as the pure onyx black pallet, said to be in a weak form of boulder rock, coincidentally in the same color and format as melted magma and various volcano stone debris. Also, such as in the case of the T Unown, there is usually a small circle, or oval shape within the center of Unown, and a vibrant white light, where as a minute dot of stone is placed in the middle like an average human pupil. The letter shape then branches off around the base of that circle/oval, representing that respective word. Flipping them over, the backside of Unown is covered up with an uninterrupted plain of stone, and a very thin layer of invisible energy spread along it’s back as well.

The energy spread along Unown’s back hide have attempted to be simulated and measured, but after an extensive project at many various studios, it was dropped and classified as one of the first unsolved mysteries regarding the pokemon. It was said the levels of energy were just too chaotic to record, while others think it was the lack of technology on the researching development’s part. Whatever the case, it displayed a message to all aspiring trainers that it’s energy was too much for a machine to handle, even if the machine was low grade.

This also led to the many ideas of its type infraction. Judging by earlier results, the top researchers initially decided it was Psychic, the most varied in mental areas such as power level, but other opinions formed by Unown’s genetic structure. Because it was made of a nice sheet of charcoal colored melted boulders, it was said to be Rock as it’s official type, while Psychic was just a side ability. This was soon disproved, though, as by re-review, it was clear Unown did not have the same kind of solid defense most rock types had possessed, leaving Psychic once again as the dominant type.

After looking over the basic body structure of Unown, it was clear to Unown could breed physically. However, a small group of extremists have had a hypothesis that two Unown rather connect as one, such as two A Unown’s overlapping each other, and lift a melted piece of ash colored rock between the two using there naturally psychic talents, and let the two Unown share there chaotic radiation. The melted stone is then flattened by the radiation, and the two Unown use there own bodies as molds for the new Unown, until finally they open up a circle/oval in the same spot theirs are, and fill that with each of there own energy, and thus creating a brand new A Unown.

Through much public exposure, it has been revealed that some ancient works and books that it is believed for Unown to be a fabled pokemon, capable of creating astounding things. But many scientists set out to disprove such a theory, displaying that Unown each had a very tangible source of energy, though there control of it is very poor, resulting in there only prime trainer’s use as a purely novelty pokemon. However, it was uncovered of an ancient, medieval time art book with a two-page spread of a chain of Unown, all connected and swirling around in a cosmic universe.

Many thought this as just a mere pop-up book from the early discovery of Unown, and ignored it verily. However, when reviewing the Unown’s breeding capabilities, they realized that Unown, when linked with another Unown, could exhibit astounding things, like creating life with just there Psychic power, and stone. With a connection of thousands of Unown, the possibilities could be endless.

Looking more into this, they found an old folklore of the Unown descent. It told of Unown having the ability to create new realities out of thoughts and dreams. But this had required a host of some sort, and sure enough the legend told of a girl creating a whole new world out of her dreams, when stumbling upon a collection of tablets with the Unown symbols on the fronts that summoned them. This was widely disbelieved, but sent a few researchers to inspect the walls of Union Cave.

By meddling with the caves outer puzzle, they had revealed a hidden chamber with various items scattered about the floor, and a message along the front wall of the chamber. It read, “Our words shall remain here for the ages.
    Thus we shall erect a Pokemon statue outside.
    They possess great insight and refuse the outside world.
    We humans must learn to walk in harmony with them.
    We depart for their sakes.

The statues it displayed were Areodactyl, Kabuto, Onymate, and Ho-Oh. The Unown seem to say that there word shall stay forever, and the pokemon stated above have great insight and knowledge of the world, yet rarely reveal them. Many people are absolutely baffled by this explanation, and even make up some theory of their own. One of the most highly regarded Unown experts have thought they were thinking of the legendary pokemon Suicune, seeing as it is the only major powerful legend that could possibly destroy the pokemon above. On an interesting note though, the first three stated pokes are said to be extinct.

On a final note, Unown are very powerful pokemon. Alone they could only do the basics of a Psychic pokemon, and something special. They could read minds, and display a scope of reality using the mind of the one they wish to show, whether it is there own mind, or a simple pokemon’s. Together, though, they can be limitless within their power bonds, it is thought, because each Unown shares and divides there own power within each other to control the others bit of power. With that, it seems like anything could be possible. When battling, though, an individual Unown will usually just get blow away. They have only been able to learn one categorized attack, the mysterious Secret Power.

It’s said that when looking into an Unown’s eyes, the light never ends. All there power is stored within them, and hidden, using a tiny bit to even attach to ruins if they wish to, and display all sorts of messages, but only with other Unown. This, along with the countless other not known facts about them, truly give the Unknown factor to the Unown.
    +~~~
    ~~~+

nice articles added them if you havent seen already it thaught dragons use plasma as their attacks

Both good articles.

Although a few problems with the Ariados article. You shouldnt compare Ariados to real animals. So "spider like" should be changed. Also Spinarak and Ariados would have the same latin name as Spinarak simple "grows up" into Ariados.

I loved the Unknown article. Great job CrystalSaurTower. It all worked really well.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Both good articles.

Although a few problems with the Ariados article. You shouldnt compare Ariados to real animals. So "spider like" should be changed. Also Spinarak and Ariados would have the same latin name as Spinarak simple "grows up" into Ariados.

I loved the Unknown article. Great job CrystalSaurTower. It all worked really well.
    Damn, I didn't know I was comparing the pokemon to a spider, I'll change it right away. As for the latin names, I don't remember there being a rule that the evolution line has to have the same latin name, if there is. Tell me ^^;
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver

theres no rule its just they are the same spinarak is a young ariados

Quote Originally Posted by flame fox View Post
    theres no rule its just they are the same spinarak is a young ariados
    Oh ^^; . Well, in my view (and I don't care what anybody thinks about this view) I see that when pokemon reach the point of evolution, they have a choice whether they want to evolve or not. Cause I see pokemon kind of like us, we decide whether we want to grow up (well, not physical appearences, as in heart) or not, but pokemon have the choice whether they want to stay in the form they are in or not. Which might explain why the past couple columns I have made have each pokemon in a single evolution line their own latin name.

I know, kind of weird view huh? ^^;
    Blue

Silver

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast