Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Oh ^^; . Well, in my view (and I don't care what anybody thinks about this view) I see that when pokemon reach the point of evolution, they have a choice whether they want to evolve or not. Cause I see pokemon kind of like us, we decide whether we want to grow up (well, not physical appearences, as in heart) or not, but pokemon have the choice whether they want to stay in the form they are in or not. Which might explain why the past couple columns I have made have each pokemon in a single evolution line their own latin name.
    I see your point, but its good to keep continuity in the articles, which is why if someone has already written something which may concern your article its good to respect that and not go totally against what is already written...but yeah.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Ei, I decided to write another article, as I really like to see the Encyclopedia complete

Uhmm, can you reserve me for Swablu/Altaria?? Although give me a week to finish it...

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Mind if I reserve Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff?
    +~~~
    ~~~+

I see your point, but its good to keep continuity in the articles, which is why if someone has already written something which may concern your article its good to respect that and not go totally against what is already written...but yeah
    Your right about it, if people write an article that has something to do with my article, I should respect it. But still, I'll still do the each pokemon per evolution latin name. Cause I respect my view that I just explained. And I wondered if I can reserve Dragon type and Phanpy/Donphan. I'll try my best to finish the Rhydon one as fast as I can, and won't describe anything that might be related to real world animals
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Ok,I'm not sure how I do this but I can do Enpertou for you guys,just explain to me how to do it please.

All reservations accepted.

Your right about it, if people write an article that has something to do with my article, I should respect it. But still, I'll still do the each pokemon per evolution latin name. Cause I respect my view that I just explained. And I wondered if I can reserve Dragon type and Phanpy/Donphan. I'll try my best to finish the Rhydon one as fast as I can, and won't describe anything that might be related to real world animals
    OK fair enough i guess..

Ok,I'm not sure how I do this but I can do Enpertou for you guys,just explain to me how to do it please.
    Well perhaps the easiest way is to follow the structure of another article. Start off with an opening paragraph, then go on to talk about its physical features, its behaviour, reproduction, how common they are, habitat, basically anything you can think of and remember to follow the rules. Good luck.

Just noticed Enperuto is already taken, so if you wish to write an article you must choose a different Pokemon.
    Last edited by you; 16th January 2007 at 11:24 AM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Please put me down as Gloin,the Gliger evolution please,thanks.

Ok,here is the Glion/Gliger.

Gliger [Krisuion Longteouiger]

Glion [Krisuion Openerogloinous]

This pokemon is of the Ground and Flying types. This pokemon is very rare in all areas except Shinou. It evolves from Gliger by using the Sharp Fang at night. As you can see from the sprite that the species has an more evil look and body structure then Gliger. It has bat wings as you may see and looks like a fuse of Gliger and a Zubat. This pokemon's native area is around caves and valleys along with Gligers.

Reproduction

This pokemon reproduces sexually like Gliger does. This pokemon uses a type mating courtship dance to impress the female species of Gliger,Glion or any other pokemon of the same egg type. The male finds a mate and first flys very fast around the female. The female then does this as well. They then grab each other and fly high and began going downwards, this is where the sex happens and soon after 40 weeks of gestaion the egg is layed and after a week the egg hatches into a fully living Gliger.

Living styles and Growing up

This pokemon's living styles are quite layed back. One Glion or Gliger,most likely Glion are sent out to protect the pack of Gliger and Glion both females and young males. Once the Gliger is born the mother takes care of it while the male gets food and protects the female and the child or children. Once after 2 years the child leaves the den and goes on it's own. The rest is currently unknown but it verys when Gliger evolves into Glion and get the claw at night.

Discovery

On a mission to Johto in 2006 to help a group of Shiny indangered Zubat in Dark Cave the explores saw a Gliger following them. Since it was so dark the one trys to pull out some Pokeblocks but instead pulls out a Sharp Fang they found from a Weavile confused withg a Sharp Claw and when the Gliger saw it the pokemon lite the whole cave and the Shiny Zubats went flying out of the cave and away so the Zubat mission had to be canceled because they were long gone. It began evolving into a Glion. The group was shocked as they discovered a new pokemon. The group sent out there pokemon which were some Porygons, Porygon 2's and a Porygon Z along with once Chatot. All the pokemon massivly attacked the Glion,it fainted and once Scientist took out a Pokeball and caught it. They continued out of Dark Cave and by Helicopter to New Bark Town. Prof. Elm was surprised so he called Oak via the Video Computer Phone and Oak was just as surprised. So the group including the 2 professers flown to Twin Leaf Town so professer Rowen examed the angey and mean pokemon. After Rowen's Pochama fired a Water Gun by accident the Glion got mad and trashed the lab. The 3 starters had to calm it down and succsed. The new pokemon was added to the growing Pokedex, Pokenav, Capture Styler, and Poketore infomation. And now this article is added to the Pokemon Encyclopedia currently by yours truly, Pokemon Rulez!!!!!
    Last edited by pokemon rulez!!!!!; 18th January 2007 at 11:22 PM.

1: It's Gligar and Glion, not Gliger and Gloin (groin?lol). Simple spelling errors.
    2: Don't refer to Scorpions and Bats. In a place where Pokémon are the animals, there are no "bats" and "scorpions" like we know of them.
    3: Lol at sprite.
    4: Why "stuff happens"? Just put the word "sex" there. If you feel uncomfortable, just put "mate". Please be open. This is an encyclopedia. Encyclopedias do not put "When (insert random animal) chose their partners (or something like that), the 'stuff happens'."
    5: I dunno, but, it looks a bit short to me.
    GoLurker

>_< I’m sooo sorry this took so long guys – my computer has been killing me for quite a while and well…my life has also managed to take an unexpected increase in business but! I have managed to finish it!

Northern Emperte (Aptenodytes Royalis)

Height: 5'07" (1.7 m)
    Weight: 186.3 lb. (84.5 kg)
    Lifespan: up to approximately 80 years

Emperte is a newly discovered pokemon living on the northern coasts of Sinnoh near the many glaciers with that cold region. Not much is know about this pokemon but recent studies have shown this pokemon to be very unique – from their perfectly adapted bodies to their climate to their intriguing behaviour.

Emperte’s are, basically, royal pokemon. Their natural body markings bear an uncanny resemblance to a modern day tux and their ornate beaks are shaped to form a trident like ‘mask’. Emperte’s body is also strangely metallic and sharp, their wings and tail rimmed with extremely sharp steel to which some tests have discovered to be originally ice once upon a time. As said before, these pokemon are perfectly built for water, from their webbed feet to their streamlined bodies and can easily out speed a jet ski within the water.

But what is most intriguing is the behaviour of these pokemon. Emperte are incredibly organised and have a system in which the Emperte rank each other from how big their three horns are as if they have some sort of symbol of power. It is due to this that the Emperte with the largest horns, whether male or possibly female, could become a group leader. But no matter what rank any of these pokemon are within their group, they are always treated with respect for each other and fights are rare.

But while fights for leadership are rare, fights for a mate are quite a common occurrence. This would often start with what seems to be simple remarks to each other – formal insulting which, if the challenger does not back off, would result with the challenger’s using their bladed wings to ‘duel’ each other, a dangerous display of power in an attempt to over throw the opposition. But even when the winning male defeats his opponents, he then must go up against the unusually feisty females. It is unknown why the females of this species are like so. Some say it is their royal blood that makes them acts snobbish and un-empathetic. But that still doesn’t help the males and they would have to work incredibly hard to win over the female.

The actually mating process of these dangerous pokemon is without doubt, a very careful affair but when it is done, the female will lay one or two eggs, which she would leave the male to look after. These eggs would hatch after about 3 months into young Pochama, the penguin pokemon.

These small and cute pokemon has a slight look of childish importance but can be incredibly picky from taking food from humans and has great pride. But even at this young age, Pochama can dive into the freezing cold water’s and hunt for their food of small fish and other various water pokemon like Tentacool and Tamanta for up to 10 minutes at a time. The feather’s of this pokemon is very good at insulating, especially the ones on its ‘cape’ so it doesn’t feel much in the way of the cold in those northern coasts.

After about 15 years, Pochama evolve into their ‘teenage’ form of a Pottaishi. At this stage of their lives, these pokemon begin to develop their ‘masks’ and their adult tux markings. Their wings begin to become more bladed and sharp as well. Mixed with its ‘teenager’ attitude and anger, these pokemon can be quite deadly and they can easily snap a tree in half with its wings. Due to this attitude, their group of Emperte, to avoid any accidental injuries normally abandons the Pottaishi in small groups. Due to this act, this could be why the population of this pokemon is not very high.

But after being left behind by their group, the Pottaishi are forced to work together. This is a very risky time as sometimes these small groups fail and all the pokemon die as a result. But after they get over squabbling to be in charge from their pumped up egos from their evolution, the will begin to work together, hunting Spheals and other pokemon on the pack ice and frozen seas even further north towards the north pole.

Depending on the group itself, the Pottaishi will all, one by one evolve into their final form of an Emperte but will not leave the group until all have done so. This time of abandonment may last from 5 years to even 20 but they always return to their group that they were abandoned from with open arms.

Another reason for the relatively low population for Emperte is of their ‘masks’. These gold coloured metal beaks are highly sought after on the black market and there are regularly seen hunters going after them. For this reason, national parks around the area have been set up for their protection.
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Quote Originally Posted by sceptilianmaster View Post
    1: It's Gligar and Glion, not Gliger and Gloin (groin?lol). Simple spelling errors.
    2: Don't refer to Scorpions and Bats. In a place where Pokémon are the animals, there are no "bats" and "scorpions" like we know of them.
    3: Lol at sprite.
    4: Why "stuff happens"? Just put the word "sex" there. If you feel uncomfortable, just put "mate". Please be open. This is an encyclopedia. Encyclopedias do not put "When (insert random animal) chose their partners (or something like that), the 'stuff happens'."
    5: I dunno, but, it looks a bit short to me.
    1.Sorry,thats how Wikipedia states it,must be Romenized or something,sorry.

2.Well if you look in the Pokedex it is a FLYINGSCORPION Pokemon. Also it has it has Batlike wings.

3.I agree,blame gamefreak.

4.I will edit ok.

5.I have seen shorter.

2.Well if you look in the Pokedex it is a FLYINGSCORPION Pokemon. Also it has it has Batlike wings.
    Exactly. It IS a flyingscorpion, thus people in the pokemon world cant compare it to an animal from our world. That is the scorpion of their world. Therefore you cant compare say its like something that it already is. If anyone understands me...and Pokemon wouldnt have bat-like wings, they would have Glion-like wings. So instead you have to describe what they look like.

5.I have seen shorter.
    Yeah i think the shortest one included is barely shorter than yours. It really should be made much longer. Also the section titled discovery should be thought out more, it seems rushed and should be a bit more scientific. Some other elements of the article should be made more professional also. So perhaps if you edit it i will then include it.

metagrossiron_fist i liked your article, i never really thought of penguins as the top of the food chain until now!

Salamence:

Mountain Dragon
    Drakon mont?neus
    Purely meaning dragon of mountains which is exactly what they are.
    Height: Tallest female recorded at: 3’95
    Tallest male recorded at: 5’35
    Overall: 4’11
    Wing span: The largest recorded was at 10 metres.
    Life span: Wild: The oldest was set at 400 years, in captivity the oldest was 1000.
    Weight: up to 226.2 lbs, although to 246.0lbs have been recorded
    Sexual Maturity: at least 100 years when a fully grown Salamence
    Average Incubation: After mating, roughly hundred to two hundred eggs are laid, they hatch at two months
    No. of Young: one hundred to two hundred young but only a handful makes it to adulthood
    Habit: Mountains exclusive.
    Diet: As Bagons, they are omnivores, towards the end of Bagonhood, carnivores and from Salamencehood carnivores .

Bagon: A salamance's life starts when it hatches out normally in the spring/summer months, a female will lay a clutch of about hundred to two hundred eggs at a time. When they hatch are normally a blue colour, ranging from a light blue colour to a deep midnight colour, however sometimes they can be a light mint green colour, their eye colour is normally a brown colour, which can swing from brown to chocolate brown, other eye colours include blood red, varies shades of blue. But the standard is black.

Unlike their adult counter parts, these have many predators, including the older Shellgon and the adults Salamence. Anything that can kill it will. It spends the first year of its life deep in caves, trying to find enough to eat. They eat on whatever they can find. Occasionally when food is scare they will try to kill one another. It really survival of the fittest for these.

During the second year to the tenth year as a Bagon, they will come out, they are now much stronger, but still don’t venture out to much. Eating berries, which come into season at different times of the year. During this time they will practise and perfect their moves.

The remaining young that last this long, will now be venturing out at ten years of age now will be at least tripled their height and weight, so are now stronger and can repel most predators. They now start to learn to hunt, starting with small easy to hunt and kill animals such as caterpie, weedle, wurmple, spinarak, small rattata, whismer, small and young animals. It’s only this time they will fish regularly as well. As Shellgon they hunt small to medium animals but mostly stay hidden in isolation awaiting the growth of the wings and Salamence in general unless it is nessascesally don’t like to hunt, for fear of damaging their wings. They hunt, small and young fish, remoraid are a popular favourite, as are poliwag, young horsea, corphish, feebas and Magikarp.

From the ages of ten years to twenty years they must eat and eat to prepare themselves for evolution. They must eat so much because they rarely hunt as Shellgon. During this time, they keep trying to fly by throwing itself of mountains. People to witness this may think they are sending themselves to their deaths, but they are hardening the bones on the head, ready to evolve, it is a sign they want to evolve.

At the age of twenty years they gather, at the peak of the largest mountain they are born in. The locations are as followed:

Kanto: Mt Silver
    Mt Moon
    Mt ember
    Victory Road
    Sea form islands
    Johto: Whirl Islands*
    Union Cave*
    Hoenn: Dewford Cave*
    Sky pillar
    Victory Road
    Meteor falls

Key * - although sightings of breeding have been reported no eggs or live young have ever been known in that area. Strange happenings have been known, when data was taken from Bagon at Mt.Ember, increased happenings of the young having fire attacks.

If the young are old enough and strong enough they will evolve into Shellgon.

Shellgon: This phase of their life is their longest. Spending the first twenty years as a Bagon they spend until the age of 100 as a Shellgon, at first the shell surrounding the body is light and it’s easy to move around. Then as the animal gets older the shell starts to harden and in the last ten years as a Shellgon, its spends it time it a cavern, maybe occasionally hunting young Bagon but mostly sleeping.

The diet now for these creatures changes dramatically; they may hunt occasionally but mostly eat berries to help the growing wings.The reversed stores of fat keep the growing dragons going.

At this time, they may also spend time trying to find stores of platinum and other minerals and metals within the cave, this helps then as adults to use there moves perfectly, especially the move dragonbreathe and any fire moves.

Not much can be said about Shellgon as 90% of the time they sleep, 10% is eating.

At 100 years of age they come out after winter, they evolve the whole process takes about two days. During this the animal has grown about three or four metres both length ways and in height.

The process includes the shell breaking, the breaking out of the cave it has been sleeping in, and then the wings must dry out. This is the fundamental reason why they must evolve in the summer or spring. After this the creature has now become a Salamence.

Salamence: The creature is now a fully fledged Dragon. It is now an adult. Before there first feed as an adult, its crawls into the cave and as a long and large feed on minerals and metals, this must take place so that the Dragon can use its powers to full advantage.

To avoid the back draft of flames a false plate prevents this, evolutionally from crocodiles and Alligators, Feraligatr line also has this, so are related to these, as the Feraligatr line also evolved from the Crocodiles and Alligators. To fly they have large wings which help. They also have ‘flight bladders’ which are full of hydrogen, these are when fully inflated are about 120cms to 360 cms.

Salamence use their flying skills to hunt down large prey regularly, often on girfarig and ursaring and large prey, although have been noted to take down, other large flying prey such as pidgeot, fearow, on occasion Dragonite, Charizard, Alteria, although it is rare to try and down charizards and dragonites. When food is scares they will attack and turn on each other although this is rare. Females are torrent of each other, and can hunt large prey together; this is rare and has been sighted only a handful of times in the last century. Males though stay on there own due to there temperament they kill other males within sight, fighting long and hard. To avoid other competition. Close contact by these creatures is usually avoided.

Mating

In the summer Salamence gather to the places mentioned before. At these places, females will gather, up to a week in advance. Feeding close to the sights, Salamence which hatched will not mate in the first year to give their new bodies time to adjust. This applies to both males and females.

During mating the females will fly above the males, who try to get the best position on the mountains, the higher they go, the better the chances. They flex their muscles, and use their wings to show off their strength. They also display using their fire and dragon moves. The best and healthiest male will win.

When a female chooses a male, she come enough to him, and gently use a dragon move on him, if he is strong enough and has little mark left, it shows he is healthy enough male to withstand attacks and that his young will be the strongest.

She will then lead him on a daring flight. This can lead them so close to the sea. This is daring enough, as he is following her on her tail, at all times. She will show she is strong to mate and carry young by flying as high as Mt.silver, the largest mountain, at least three times the high of Mt. Everest. If the male can follow her to this height then only now may she think he is strong enough to breed.

That this point, the male, will push the female down to land. He usually finds a large cavern, often hidden away from other dragons and from humans. To satisfy the female the male, keeps the cavern clean and until the female wants to breed will demand food. The male will hunt for her. He will bring back, large qualities of food for her, when female does finally accept him; the mating itself will be short.

The female will nuzzle the male and together will fly the highest they go together, at the tip of the earth’s atmosphere. Here the male and female will now lock, then from this height then we spiral down to earth, at a tremendous speed. This to scientists is the flight of death. This has rarely been witnessed by anyone as it is so rare. They spiral downwards, when at the bottom at the ground the split and fly back to the cavern, spiralling together; the female will let out two large fire balls, to indicate she has been mated successfully. The male at this part will leave the female and go and continue his life as a nomadic male. The female at this part will now use this cavern and start to create a little nursery, she will now, hunt regularly a little further away from the cavern.

She will in one month time lay eggs in the cavern if it’s suitable, if not she will find a place further down the mountain. A month after mating she will lay about one hundred to two hundred eggs, and guard then for a month then abandon them to their fate. No one is sure why this happens, the only speculation there is that the female looks after the eggs whilst they are at the most vulnerable but when the eggs are stronger they are harder for them to crack. Another theory is the hormone responsible for looking after the eggs, simply switches off. Tests are still going off to determine the reason.

The female will continue her own life after this.

Salamence in general dream of flying, and for this many wont land for months at a time, if it can support it on the air easily.

As a pokemon within the group, Salamence line are very stubborn and headstrong but when you get the time to know them and understand them, they become rather loyal to them and from a survey carried out, the trainers all had posistive attitudes towards their own Salamence. They all mentioned that it was strong and powerful creature which was a gem to own.

i must apologise for the length of time i took: had problems with the comp and with college
    Last edited by Dragon trainer; 18th January 2007 at 8:22 PM.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon rulez!!!!! View Post
    Ok,here is the Glion/Gliger.

Gliger [Krisuion Longteouiger]

Glion [Krisuion Openerogloinous]

This pokemon is of the Ground and Flying types. This pokemon is very rare in all areas except Shinou. It evolves from Gliger by using the Sharp Fang at night. As you can see from the sprite that the species has an more evil look and body structure then Gliger. It has bat wings as you may see and looks like a fuse of Gliger and a Zubat. This pokemon's native area is around caves and valleys along with Gligers.

Reproduction

This pokemon reproduces sexually like Gliger does. This pokemon uses a type mating courtship dance to impress the female species of Gliger,Glion or any other pokemon of the same egg type. The male finds a mate and first flys very fast around the female. The female then does this as well. They then grab each other and fly high and began going downwards, this is where the sex happens and soon after 40 weeks of gestaion the egg is layed and after a week the egg hatches into a fully living Gliger.

Living styles and Growing up

This pokemon's living styles are quite layed back. One Glion or Gliger,most likely Glion are sent out to protect the pack of Gliger and Glion both females and young males. Once the Gliger is born the mother takes care of it while the male gets food and protects the female and the child or children. Once after 2 years the child leaves the den and goes on it's own. The rest is currently unknown but it verys when Gliger evolves into Glion and get the claw at night.

Discovery

On a mission to Johto in 2006 to help a group of Shiny indangered Zubat in Dark Cave the explores saw a Gliger following them. Since it was so dark the one trys to pull out some Pokeblocks but instead pulls out a Sharp Fang they found from a Weavile confused withg a Sharp Claw and when the Gliger saw it the pokemon lite the whole cave and the Shiny Zubats went flying out of the cave and away so the Zubat mission had to be canceled because they were long gone. It began evolving into a Glion. The group was shocked as they discovered a new pokemon. The group sent out there pokemon which were some Porygons, Porygon 2's and a Porygon Z along with once Chatot. All the pokemon massivly attacked the Glion,it fainted and once Scientist took out a Pokeball and caught it. They continued out of Dark Cave and by Helicopter to New Bark Town. Prof. Elm was surprised so he called Oak via the Video Computer Phone and Oak was just as surprised. So the group including the 2 professers flown to Twin Leaf Town so professer Rowen examed the angey and mean pokemon. After Rowen's Pochama fired a Water Gun by accident the Glion got mad and trashed the lab. The 3 starters had to calm it down and succsed. The new pokemon was added to the growing Pokedex, Pokenav, Capture Styler, and Poketore infomation. And now this article is added to the Pokemon Encyclopedia currently by yours truly, Pokemon Rulez!!!!!
    Ok,here,this is good now right.

oh crap x_x, the Rhyhorn and Rhydon column will take longer then I thought ><. Cause I just remembered that there's a third evolution in the Rhyhorn evolution. Dosidon, so I'm going to add that into my column as well
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Can i reverse the corsola and ponyta/raapidash lines please?

Gack, I'm sorry for my slowness in updating ^_^' I've gotten busy with another project and a lot of my spare time has been devoted to that >.> I will get an article up soon, I promise.

In the meantime, I want to reserve the Normal type. Yep, the boring Normal Type. XD
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

I should have my Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff article by tommorow. I haven't been able to get on much, but all I have to do is finish Skiploom and start Jumpluff.
    +~~~
    ~~~+

As some of you may know, I can't write good articles for this, I suck. However, I really want to contribute so how about this:

A tutorial which lists advice on what to write about and how it should be handled, that sort of thing. It would of course be free to edition and addition.

That is of course, if you're ok with it. I fully understand if not but I'd like to see this completed and it might make it easier if you had a couple more contributors who's entries were up to scratch.

So whaddya think?

Hey, I would like to withdraw my nomination of Swablu/Altaria...

There's just no time in my hands for me to do it...sorry...

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

All reservations accepted.

As some of you may know, I can't write good articles for this, I suck. However, I really want to contribute so how about this:

A tutorial which lists advice on what to write about and how it should be handled, that sort of thing. It would of course be free to edition and addition.

That is of course, if you're ok with it. I fully understand if not but I'd like to see this completed and it might make it easier if you had a couple more contributors who's entries were up to scratch.

So whaddya think?
    Yeah its a good idea, it would actually help some of the people that arent the best article writers. Ill try to get started on it and of course its open for anyone to edit should they want to.

Dragon trainer your salamence article was great, i really liked it and it made a lot of sense.

pokemon rulez!!!!! your article just doesnt seem up to par, especially the discovery part. Its simply not needed and clashes with formal article style.

I would like to reserve the article for Shuckle please.
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6478-8554
    Friend Safari
    Fire with Magmar, Slugma, and Braixen. Please PM if you want to add me.

Shinies Obtained
    Crobat, Golem, Magnezone, Butterfree, Spheal, Luvdisc, Charizard, Xatu

Shinies obtained from GTS/Trades
    Parasect, Glameow, Chansey, Deoxys, Lugia, Machamp, Linoone, Spiritomb

Thank You You

my Ponyta/Rapidash one is almost done
    Then starting the Corsola one

EDIT 1:Can i save Mantine line please

EDIT 2: just finished Rapidash and Corsola lines
    Last edited by Dragon trainer; 29th January 2007 at 1:42 AM.

Rapidash:

Fire Horse
    Fire Equus caballus
    Means fire horse.
    Height: Tallest female recorded at:
    Tallest male recorded at:
    Overall: 5’07
    Horn length: The largest recorded was at 3 metres.
    Life span: Wild: The oldest was set at 20 years for a mare. The oldest stallion was at 18.
    Weight: up to 209.0lbs for a healthy average, although up to 220.8bs have been recorded, with in foal mares.
    Sexual Maturity: a mare is able to have foals at the age of 1 year. The male at the age of 2 years.
    Number of months in foal: 7 months
    No. of Young: one foal a year
    Habit: Grassy plains, forests, mountains.
    Diet: Strictly herbivores.
    Sub species: None but they are spread out across the Regions.
    Main colour: The main boy colour is white, the mane and tail is fire, which is ‘lit’ from a metal called platinum which they eat large quantities of in the spring, and fossils recorded of these creatures have large quantities of metals around the tail and mane area and within the mouth as well. However there are records of when the skin is a creamy coloured and the flames normanally a mixture of reds, orange and sometimes a yellow, when the body is cream the flames are bright blue. These are a ‘shiny’ version of the norm. If the Ponyta makes it to adulthood then the flames are a silvery coloured. However if a shiny Ponyta is born then they are sometimes abandoned soon after birth. Scientists are not sure why, although a reason is to avoid predectors as they are now clearly seen from the herd.

Life as a Rapidash starts in spring when the female Rapidash gives birth to a Ponyta once a year. The foal is born in the dead of night, to avoid predectors. The males are called Colts and they, when older become stallions. The females are called fillies and when they are older become mares.

Spring: The foals are born. The birth is swift and quick and under the cover of darkness. Within a few minutes the foals are up and suckling from their mothers. Within the first two hours the foals can walk, trot, canter and gallop. The first month is spent close to the herd. The herd itself often stay in the long hidden grass, brought on from the spring weather. The herd during this time gorge themselves from the long cold winter, the foals during the first month grow quick on a rich milk. Thy also begin to interact with the other members, the other members and the other foals. They start to learn about the dangers of everyday life. Not many foals survive, despite the vast quality of food, there are many predectors. The include Houndoom, Mightyena, occasionally Charizard, Salamence if they want an easy meal, if they stray to far from the herd and into bigger pokemon territory then the become easy pickings if they can’t defend themselves. Golom will happily take a young stray Ponyta if it disturbs its hiding place or it’s young. Anything bigger will kill it, if it can’t defend itself.

During the second month, the herd travel upwards towards the mountains and towards the stores of platinum, this is when the foals are at risk, the herd can’t rely on the protection of the woods or the long grass, nor can they gallop, on the rough terrain. This they prefer to do rather then attack. Only stallions attack the most, this is during the mating season when the males violently clash. When the herd reach here, they eat their fill; the mares show them the importance of this rare element, the young can also now start learning the importance of fire. They then creep back down the hill and when they can gallop into the long grass, to avoid the air borne predectors. During the rest of the this month the young foals continue to risk life and death and grow bigger on a diet of soft grass, new shoots, flowers, mare’s milk and only avaible during the spring soft berries.

The third month of spring the colts start developing the horns, only slightly first, part of skin and hair, its starts to build in the middle of forehead. The colts now start becoming more aggressive towards the other foals, and possibility the stallion, now until the summer the colts will start mimicking play fights.

Summer: When summer arrives, the mares begin gorging them selves on the seasonal berries and fruits which ripen around the summer/auterm months, these contains vital fats to keep them though the coming months. The fillies have started to develop their horns as well, whilst the colts have now started to go away from the herd, often just going for a few hours, which then grows to a couple of days then permently out the herd. The rest of the month the horses keep eating to help with coming mating season and with the winter.

The second month the females come together and down into the plains, to get ready for the mating season, the young males have now fully grown and become Rapidash, they are now grouping in small herds with older males, and the fights have now become more violent. The females are still young and won’t breed this year, now will the males, the reason that males mature quicker is to go and get their own herd. The females have the extra time to stay in the herd or to move away during the summer then to breed with another stallion the following year to avoid in breeding.

The third month, the female Rapidash have fully come into season during this time, and the males are out in force, the fights are violent. The horns are used to clash against each other, sometimes the males play dirty and stab the other males and bite the opponent and sometimes bite them as well. The predectors have a free for all, scrounging from the injured males. The females are then split up again, after mating with the stallions. The young male Rapidash now split away from the main herds and make smaller all male herds, and wait to mature to become fully adult males, and only then will have the right to mate. The now mature females will stay in the herd with the now pregnant mares.

Auterm: During the first month of Auterm, the fillies are fully weaned off and onto solids, the colts now Rapidash have left the herd and are living in all male herds, and are now fattening them selves up and having play fights to prepare themselves for the following year to breed. The main herd are now fattening themselves up as well. The now pregnant mares must get themselves enough food to last the winter and to now to support their growing foals.

The second month is when most of the berries are ripened and when most of the fruit is ripe as well. The horses take advantage of this and just keep eating.

The third month the horses start heading down south for the winter. There is more food in the south, and there the horses can gorge themselves on the glut of food.

Winter: During the winter months the horses have gone down south and can enjoy the advantage of the warm weather and plenty of food, they spend time building up strength. The male herds will come down here, but won’t go near the main herd(s).

However during the final winter month they head to main breeding grounds, the once fillies have now become Rapidash, they stay behind for the first month in spring then after when the foals are born they head back up and join the herd, and then start their lives as Rapidash.

Taming Rapidash:

There are many stories of people taming wild Rapidash and bringing them back to the tribes of the people who used to live with pokemon. However the people started to tame the young pregnant mares first, records now say. They helped the injured Rapidash who then allowed themselves to be tamed by the gentle person who saved there life. The baby Ponyta would then be tamed when a fully grown Rapidash. People would also go and help abandoned foals, and save their lives and in return would give their life to the people.

From before records were created, Rapidash were used, they were used for when hunting was needed, and often when tribes would get together they were prized for their speed, but before they were used they were also hunted for meat, and the skin was fire proof so they were used for the help in the huts, the meat could be used in many dishes created, it was low fat and rather tender.

When they became to realise that they were quick creatures and were rather sure footed, they were soon used for help. In hunting they could use them to creep slowly to the creature they wanted to hunt; they could get close because the Rapidash were rather sure footed.

They since then have become rather good for riding and jumping.

Family ties

Aresues are pokemon, which are descents of the tamed Rapidash from the Shinnoh region. Rapidash were bred with other pokemon, to help create ‘the prefect’ pokemon, bred with other tamed pokemon. They were soon wiped out when the old world caught up with the new world. They were soon released, and are now considered RARE. There has sadly only been one sighting in the region of Shinnoh. No-one is sure if it’s male or female.

I have to say, kudos to you, You, on comming up with this idea.

Oh, and I'd like to reserve the grass type please.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast