Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

wish to reserve Torkoal please
    Done

Snorlax .Snorlax .Snorlax .Snorlax .
    I take it you wish to reserve Snorlax?!! Done.

i did my edit on pinsir is it what you want?
    Much much better! I can include it now. One problem though, was that you compared Pinsir to a Scarab beetle. We are looking at this from the point of view that only Pokemon exist and so all real life animals dont. Therefore you cant compare Pinsir to something that doesnt exist. Just remember this in any future articles. Good job otherwise!

EDIT:Updated the rules a bit. Please let me know if you think anything else that should be included in the rules. As well as anything else that could go on the first page. Was thinking maybe an authors list linking to all their work perhaps? Let me know your opinions...thanks.
    Last edited by you; 22nd September 2006 at 10:22 AM.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

^^credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~
    Newest article: Rotom

Ooh, interesting, an encyclopedia on pokemon... Though I do respect your opinions on pokemon evolution, I've got a theory how the way seen in the games and anime would work: (Yes, I read the first post, but I just wanted to share my opinion)

Pokemon store nutrients and hormones that they need to grow inside their bodies until they are ready to grow- this unleashing of the stored hormones and nutrients and growing and maturing very quickly(in a matter of seconds) is referred to as an evolution. It is often associated with a lighter colour or even glow on the pokemons body because of the fast and costant changes happening so quickly that the body doesn't have time to reform until the event is over. Some pokemon still don't follow this rule-radiation from certain element stones might trigger a mutation in a pokemon(example:Pikachu) Or an evolution changing only a part of a pokemon(example:Bulbasaur).

What do you think? Oh, and could I do some articles, too?
    Last edited by Xylitol; 22nd September 2006 at 10:02 PM.
    Congratulations! You are the 100,000,00th person to view this signature!

Kanto Marowak (Medullalacerta Garagara Kantus)
    Height: 3'03'' ft Weight: 99 lbs.
    Lifespan: 80 years (captive)

Marowak is a reptilain pokémon with a firece and gruesome reputation. It has come about due to this pokémon's unsettling fasincation with items related to death, particularly bones. It's most prominent feature is it's thick skull that covers this pokémon's entire head. This helmet protects it from blows from fellow Marowak and also from other pokémon attacks.

This pokémon's main style of fighting is another factor that makes it distinct among pokémon. It mainly attacks using a bone to strike and bludgeon. Studies have shown that Marowak get their bones from either old marowak corpses or other pokémon carcasses. There have even been reports of Marowak using human bones. It is very rare to see a marowak without it's bone, some Marowak may even become nervous and withdrawn if it's separated from it's trademark weapon. The Kanto subspeices is the most famous speices of marowak, it mainly uses a femur bone. Other lesser known subspeices have been found to use shoulder blades, sharp rib bones, even entire spinal coloums have been reported to be used by various marowak tribes. Marowak are masterful users of their bones, not only can they simply hit the target and cause alot of damage, they can also throw their bones in such a way that it flies back to them, though this trick must be honed to master it properly.

Younglings are known as Cubone. Contrary to popluar belief, The skull it wears is not the skull of it's deacesed mother. It is infact a skeletonal formation that happens when the cubone is developing as a fetus. Research has shown that during gestation, two skulls form. The normal skull that makes up the cubone's head, and a second "outside" skull that forms around the cubone's head. As the fetus develops, these two skulls fuse to form a very thick "superskull". The superskull formation is thought to have occured because cubone and marowak are prone to smashing others with their bones, suggesting that the relationship between marowak and it's bone go back for millions of years.

Marowak culture is complex, even among social pokémon. The Marowak species are divided into separate tribes, these tribes are easy to tell apart because each tribe uses a different bone as it's main weapon. If marowak from separate tribes mingle, each tribe would try to kill the other with their bones, but this is still extremely rare because the different tribes are isolated from one another via distance. Tribes are further separated into clans. These clans are a bit untrustworthy of one another, but they may mix when the breeding season comes in autumn. Marowaks in different clans have been shown to keep in touch with one another by tapping their bones on speific rocks to create messages that only other marowak can understand.

Marowak usually bare only a single baby at a time, although cases of twins have been reported. When a cubone is born, it is presented with a splintered bone, small enough for the young pokémon to grasp and carry without getting tired. The cubone gets attached to it's bone quite readily and never goes anywhere without it. As it matures, it learns how to use it's bone as a weapon for defending itself and as a tool for getting food, such as a nutcracker.

It is an omnivours pokémon, though it's leaning towards mainly carnviore then herbivore. Marowak are often willing to hunt for it's food, although it does have a taste for fruits, nuts and berries as well.

While the skull of the marowak is it's source of pride, it is also the source of it's downfall. Marowak skulls have been known as collector item and fetch a pretty high price on the black market. This has lead to marowak slaughter by certain evil organizations and the steep decline of marowak numbers in Kanto. Thankfully there have been efforts to save the Marowak, poaching has become illegal worldwide and Sevault Canyon on Quest island has been declared a national part in an effort to preserve the wild population of cubone and marowak.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

PDL your article on Marowak was great. I loved the way you portrayed the Marowak as having their own culture. As well as the Cubone skull thing. Exactly as I imagined it. Great article.

Ooh, interesting, an encyclopedia on pokemon... Though I do respect your opinions on pokemon evolution, I've got a theory how the way seen in the games and anime would work: (Yes, I read the first post, but I just wanted to share my opinion)

Pokemon store nutrients and hormones that they need to grow inside their bodies until they are ready to grow- this unleashing of the stored hormones and nutrients and growing and maturing very quickly(in a matter of seconds) is referred to as an evolution. It is often associated with a lighter colour or even glow on the pokemons body because of the fast and costant changes happening so quickly that the body doesn't have time to reform until the event is over. Some pokemon still don't follow this rule-radiation from certain element stones might trigger a mutation in a pokemon(example:Pikachu) Or an evolution changing only a part of a pokemon(example:Bulbasaur).

What do you think? Oh, and could I do some articles, too?
    I can see sense in your theory. It could work i guess. However what would be the cause of the Hormones buliding up? Why is this more beneficial than growing normally? Why do some Pokemon change more than others. Several questions arise. However personally i see the Pokemon as simply growing up. But of course you are entitled to your opinion. Of course you can write an entry...just let me know if you wish to reserve any.
    Encyclopedia Pokemonia, a real world view on Pokemon. Compiled by the members of SPPf.

Here's Beautifly:

#267 Beautifly (Vanessa agehanto)
    Butterfly
    Ht: 3'03"
    Wt: 63 lbs (approx.)

Beautifly is--as its name implies--a lovely Bug type Pokemon popular among trainers. Its caring and sweet attitude, unlike the aggresiveness of its cousin, Dustox, is the main contributor to its massive popularity. Beautiflies that have a deep bond with their masters often like to perch on their master's heads.

The most striking feature of a Beautifly is its many colored wings, which has been compared to a stained glass window. While red, blue, black and yellow are the most common wing colors, there have been reports of Beautifly wings being green, purple, white, silver, and gold, although the last two colors are very rare.

Beautiflies are very social creatures, with a flock usually consisting of at least 30 members. They usually congregate around flowers such as pansies, zinnias, marigolds, lupines, geraniums, and azeleas, where they feast on the nectar inside. In fact, azalea and geranium bushes are popularly called "Beautifly bushes" because of the number of Beautiflies they can attract. There have been reports of as many as 300 Beautiflies at one bush.

Beautiflies are very protective of their babies, which are called Wurmples, and will swat away Talliows and Pidgeys with a Gust attack if the Wurmples are threatened. If cared for properly by the parents, a Wurmple will became a Silcoon, from which an adult Beautifly will emerge. Neglected and abused Wurmples will usually evolve into Cascoon and become Dustoxes.

The mother Beautifly will usually lay her eggs on a branch or a leaf, then the father will watch over the eggs for a week, when the Wurmples hatch. He is usually the one to watch over the Wurmples as they eat nearby leaves. When the Wurmples become Silcoons, the mother will watch over them, until the adult Beautiflies emerge.

Beautiflies hold a treasured place in samurai lore, with maidens often telling their samurai lovers that they were like Beautiflies--beautiful and delicate. Some maidens in these tales went to great lengths to find a samurai--a legend which was immortalized in the popular song "Beautifly", with its instantly recognizeable chorus of Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly! Green, black and blue, make the colors in the sky!

Great idea and awesome realization of idea! i'd like to contribute, too. First, can i do Feraligatr line?
    come here to see my creations
    My Friend Code: 1590 2540 5430
    put me in your friend list if you think you are mature enough
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/240x24y.png[/IMG]
    Left: 3rd gen trainer card done by Chris; THX
    Right: 4th gen trainer card done by myself

Great article FlamingRuby. Did you base the stories and Samurai law off real life, or did you make them up yourself. It was a nice style and worked quite well. I liked it.

Great idea and awesome realization of idea! i'd like to contribute, too. First, can i do Feraligatr line?
    Thanks! Of course you can.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Great article FlamingRuby. Did you base the stories and Samurai law off real life, or did you make them up yourself.
    The Samurai law actually comes from a famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) song called "Butterfly" by Smile.dk, featured on many Dance Dance Revolution games.
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

Excuse me, but can I do the Gengar/Haunter/Gastly line?

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    just let me know if you wish to reserve any.

Thanks! I'll first do one that doesn't evolve, could I reserve Castform? (It might take some time though)
    Congratulations! You are the 100,000,00th person to view this signature!

i like this encyclopedia its very cool i would do one but i dont have enough time on my hands

The Samurai law actually comes from a famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) song called "Butterfly" by Smile.dk, featured on many Dance Dance Revolution games.
    Cool..i may have to check it out..

Excuse me, but can I do the Gengar/Haunter/Gastly line?
    Of course

i like this encyclopedia its very cool i would do one but i dont have enough time on my hands
    Well maybe in the future if you have time. And i like your banner and thanks for advertising!!

thanks. if i have time i might but i wouldnt know what do charmander has alredy been done

yo would i be able to do kabuto/kabutops

yo would i be able to do kabuto/kabutops
    Of course..

Quote Originally Posted by flame fox View Post
    That is wickedly cool ^__^

Oh, and since someone wrote an article on Absol without knowing it had been claimed by me a while ago, I relinquish my claim. Why let an already written article languish? It's not fair to the author. In its place, I want to claim the Porygon family instead
    ~Fanfics~
    Please don't friend me if I have no idea who you are.
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!
    My Pokémon claim is Minun...Plusle's better, but Minun is still cute! XD

Damn double post.
    ~Fanfics~
    Since we can't claim Pokémon in the Bishie thread anymore....I claimed the lovely Ranger Solana instead. All mine!

thanks i didnt know someone did absol ill update the site to say your working on porygon

Oh, and since someone wrote an article on Absol without knowing it had been claimed by me a while ago, I relinquish my claim. Why let an already written article languish? It's not fair to the author. In its place, I want to claim the Porygon family instead
    Oh i didnt notice the Absol article has been done? Which page abouts?

Yeah the website is very cool. All flame fox's doing. Its looking quite good!!

Keep it up everyone we are almost to the quater mark!

if people could advertise the site it would be cool but no one has to still figuring out how to do more stuff on it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblazer View Post
    Since Absol's taken... (Damn. I already had an article written up and all that... T.T)
    Since Knightblazer said they already had the article written up and everything, I see no reason to keep my claim - it's not fair

About the website - it's awesome, I think, but it may have been a good idea to ask the authors' permission to repost their work (I certainly don't mind at all, but others could) - it's just the polite thing to do ^_^'

Slowly making progress on my own articles. Mystery Dungeon and all the Diamond/Pearl hype have been sucking away my time >.>
    ~Fanfics~

ive given everyone full credit and the new D/P info is awesome i stopped makein the site to read it

I to have been sidetracked by the excitement of DP being released... but it isn't a huge problem or anything.

One thing that does come up though is that once all the info on DP is fully revealed, would we have to update our entries to reflect this?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

maybe if the article has a new revealed evo maybe? but i wouldnt know

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast