Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Gathering the Gang of Four! (465)

Well, now this was certainly a treat!
    We get appearances from three of Ash's old Pokemon.

Charizard is still it's same old awesome Flamthrowing self! (with a Steel Wing bonus!)

Bulbasaur likes to walk on it's hind legs a lot.

Ashs Squirtle is bigger than Mays. (no surprise. Seeings how Ash has had his longer.)

Max: I've always wanted to try that!
    Me: o_o. (sarcastically) hahahahahahahahaha!!!

What was that piece of music that played when *game ref start* CHARIZARD snapped out of Confusion! *game ref end* ? I think I recognize it
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This episode was cool. It was great to see Ash bring back Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle for a bonding/hiking experience to relive moments together. The momemnts together were awesome to see and at times very funny. It was cool to see that Charizard had learned Steel Wing attack. It was odd to see Ash forget that Dusclops cannot be hit with Seismic Toss, and Charizard paid the price for it. It was cool to see that Ash's Squirtle was bigger than May's Squirtle, which isn't surprising.

98/100

I loved that the original team came back but it still didn't feel "complete" without Butterfree and Pigeotto/Pigeot.... Just not the same..

Oh and Charizard losing was TOTALLY Ash's fault btw
    Last edited by Swagga09; 3rd May 2011 at 6:36 AM.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

The most epic episode ever. The original team is back. I loved everything about this episode mostly in the mountains where they were making camp and Ash shared some memorie. 9001/10

so good to see to see them 3 starters together again

I didn't expect Charizard to get knocked out of the fight so early. I guess that happens when plot comes into play.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I agree that Charizard went down too easily. I also think Pikachu vs Regice could have been handled a bit better.

Still, this was a great battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    I loved that the original team came back but it still didn't feel "complete" without Butterfree and Pigeotto/Pigeot.... Just not the same..

Oh and Charizard losing was TOTALLY Ash's fault btw
    Yes because Lord knows that if Charizard were to ever lose one single match that it will cause the end of life as we know it.

My ideal battle ever!

So I was re-watching this episode and is it just me, or is there something wrong with the way the characters look in this episode?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So I was re-watching this episode and is it just me, or is there something wrong with the way the characters look in this episode?
    Just a relatively bad animation team, nothing more to it. I wish they would try to assign all important episodes to the best animators, the amount of fillers animated by the likes of Iwane is so annoying. But I guess it makes them more worth watching.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I LOVED the first half of this episode ...... It was a treat to see Ash’s Kanto Pokemon trio(Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle) again, it really brought back the nostalgia of the Kanto saga. It's funny when Ash’s pokemon were all fighting each other at the beginning, I was surprised when Charizard was reaveled to learn Steel Wing.
    It's a nice moment when Ash and his Pokemon are remembering their past experiences in Kanto, but Team Rocket spying ruined the moment.
    Team Rocket managed to get Pikachu, but it's cool when Ash followed them on his Charizard.
    Heating and Cooling the balloon by using Flamethrower and Water gun was a smart move, it worked very well and the Balloon crashed.
    The combined attack of Charizard, Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle was awesome, Team Rocket really had to pay for what they did. xD
    The second half of this episode was disappointing, Dusclops's Mean Look/Confuse Ray gave Charizard some trouble ..... and then Ash gave Charizard a stupid command of using Seismic Toss on Dusclops, which didn't work.
    Dusclops uses Shadow Punch on Charizard and defeats him, then the episode ends with a cliffhanger.
    Ash shouldn't have forgotten that Dusclops is a Ghost Pokemon.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 12th August 2013 at 8:13 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Nice battle with Jindai although sometimes Satoshi's strategy has quite major flaws in my opinion. Lizardon should not have been taken out that easily. It is good that Jindai did not use all three legendary rocks into a 4 on 4 battle. Otherwise I think Satoshi has no chance to win because one is already quite enough trouble.

Poor episode, honestly: one of the worst to come out of AG-- 67.5/100.

Animation is horrendous and off, so that's one thing.

As for the English dub, well, Sarah Natochenny as Ash in this one is just beyond horrible, and some of the lines they give her made it that much worse: literally the worst English voice Ash has had to date, tied with the one in "Gettin' Twiggy with It!" for me.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It was a really nice moment when Ash is recalling how he met his old friends.
    Yet, technically, two of his first Pokemon were Pidgeot and Butterfree, if we're going by final evos
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I loved seeing Oak again and May's Squirtle's minor interaction with Ash's Squirtle was cute. I liked that Ash had a flashback to how he ended up with his Kanto Starters and TR was so naive to mess with Ash when he had Charizard with him tbh. I both screamed and giggled when Ash's Charizard lost to Brandon's Dusclops though. I blame Ash for that mistake.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789