Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gathering the Gang of Four! (465)

Atleast this episode proves Ash's bulbasaur is a girl....

no wait, we have to check the DP sprite first....XD

Hey great episode summary from Juputoru.

By the way any summary on what happens in the next episode.

The battle continues, and Pikachu is frozen. We have a preview of it now, you know...

Thats some strange training they got there.

-Judai

My main issue with it is that this is the first time Bulbasaur has done that in TEN YEARS. Why show it like that now when every other time it's shown up it's ALWAYS been on all fours? I suppose there's some vague precident for it from Ivysaur's RB sprite, but isn't it a TAD late for that? It'd be like Squirtle going around on all fours - sure it's possible, but it'd be strange since it never did that before.
    It is possible for Bulbasaur to do that according to Ivysaur's R/B dex entry; but ironically, Ivysaur's sprite in the same generation has it doing just that even though it's supposed to lose that ability to go biped!XD Besides, Bulbasaur's first animé design had really stubby hind legs.

And if Squirtle suddenly went quadraped, it'd be even more like a Koopa than it is now! ...Well, the Troopas of old anyway.XD

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Technically, aside from a crappy filler in mid-Hoenn, we haven't even seen Bulbasaur do anything in over four years. It could have very well been practicing a balancing act at Oak's. Ya know, so Heracross wouldn't notice him as easily.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Everyone who said Charizard got owned is either lying about having seen the episode, or is a close-minded anti-Charizard fanboy >.>
    He definitely put a good fight, and lost in part due of Ash's screw up. Who uses a fighting-type mode against a ghost Pokémon? -_-

And to those who complain about Charizard being "overused and overpowered": He is Ash's most powerful Pokémon, so the writers decide that he should participate in the big battles. We got awesome battles during with fights against Blastoise, Blaziken and Articuno. They wanted to give us awesome fights, and there wasn't other way around to do it unless they used Charizard (not to mention that he didn't win all of its fights). These wasn't other way to defeat an Articuno! He is a legendary Pokémon, for pity's sake! They needed to use Ash's stronger Pokémon, and also it had to have advantage of type! Who else could have won against it? Pikachu? That would make Pikachu even more anonnying. Also it is seems too forced that a unevolved Pokémon such as Pikachu would defeat strong opponents such as Dragonite (as he did in the Orange League finale). I don't see you complaining about Pikachu. Oh, I guess I know the answer. You guys are probably some of those childly Pikachu fanboys who think Charizard steals all the glory -_- Still I liked how sometimes the writers come up with shocks like this one of Charizard losing to a Dusclops.
    Last edited by GSC Trainer; 28th August 2006 at 5:12 PM.

Sometimes physical attacks can hurt ghosts. Didn't you see Glalie headbutting Misdreavous in the Hoenn league?

True, but sometimes the anime doesn't make sense. And Ash still screwed it up. He already should know that such moves don't affect ghosts, especially after his match against Agatha. Then again, we have seen electric attacks knocking rock-type Pokémon so you may be right about it not being entirely Ash's fault to not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSC Trainer View Post
    Then again, we have seen electric attacks knocking rock-type Pokémon so you may be right about it not being entirely Ash's fault to not know it.
    It's Ground PKMN an electric attack has got problems with, not a Rock PKMN.

Just so you know
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by GSC Trainer View Post
    These wasn't other way to defeat an Articuno! He is a legendary Pokémon, for pity's sake! They needed to use Ash's stronger Pokémon, and also it had to have advantage of type!
    And what, exactly, was stopping them from using the proper battle factory rules in the first place? We didn't need to have that Charizard vs. Articuno match at all.

Also it is seems too forced that a unevolved Pokémon such as Pikachu would defeat strong opponents such as Dragonite (as he did in the Orange League finale).
    TOTALLY ignoring the fact that Dragonite was weakened by a combination of Charizard, Squirtle and Tauros' onslaughts beforehand, of course.
    Pikachu defeating a severely weakened Dragonite (which was pointed out numerous times in the episode itself) is hardly unbelievable. I don't get why so many people seem to have a problem with that match. It's like they all ignore the events before Pikachu finished it off.

I don't see you complaining about Pikachu.
    Where have you been? People ALWAYS complain about Pikachu hogging the glory :/

C&Ped from Bulbagarden:

The Seismic Toss thing wasn't "retarded" or a "rookie mistake". Dusclops had been in a solid state the whole time for one thing, so it hadn't even demonstrated an ability to go transparent yet, and for another, Ash has never even used a Fighting attack against a Ghost type before.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Ash probably didn't even know Seismic Toss was a Fighting move...
    He just considered it a move to finish off every enemy when using Charizard.

I was sorta dissapointed in Ash making a mistake like that just when i started
    considering him to be a excellent trainer..

Ash and the writers suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon
    Ash probably didn't even know Seismic Toss was a Fighting move...
    He just considered it a move to finish off every enemy when using Charizard.

I was sorta dissapointed in Ash making a mistake like that just when i started
    considering him to be a excellent trainer..

Ash and the writers suck!
    Makes sence. For one thing there isn't a bar saying "Seismic Toss. Type: Fighting"

He is a good trainer but hes so used to having Charizard finish its challenging apponents with that attack.

This has to be the prelude to one of the best episodes ever!
    I loved the fact that Ash's powerhouse was beaten by dusclops - and i agree he was asking for a loss after articuno, but i wanna know exactly what attack charizard used? It looked like dragon rage but i dunno.
    Also what did dusclops use to defeat him? Mean look/Destiny bond?

Can't wait for squirtle and bulbasuar to kick butt!!!
    Have you seen the preview? Pikachu gets frozen solid by regice...

Black 2 Friend Code: 3826 7258 2131

That was Dragonbreath by charizard.
    Dusclops finished charizard off with Shadow Punch.

Pretty much everyone has seen the preview for the episode as a matter of fact it aired today and Ash won the match. Here's the results:
    Bulbasaur vs. Dusclops- Bulbasaur wins
    Squirtle vs. Ninjask- Squirtle Wins
    Squirtle vs. Solrock- Solrock Wins
    Bulbasaur vs. Solrock- A draw
    Pikachu vs. Regice- Pikachu wins.
    Ash gets the final symbol and refuses to become a brain and is entered in the Hall of Fame.

I'm surprised nobody's made a "Ha! Ash refused a brain!" joke yet.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Too bad the writers didn't make this a three parter with six on six battle...that seems more "grander" imo but the Kanto trio and Pika winning the Kanto BF makes sense. Overall, this episode and the one after this had really good battles.

They couldn't, they have to get D/P on the road before the game, so yeah - they had no choice to create a two-parter.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

How did Pikachu beat Regice?

If it's not one wuber, it's another...

Could you PLEASE not discuss episodes which are released later than this episode in this thread

Come on...its a simple bloody rule thats always existed. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    And what, exactly, was stopping them from using the proper battle factory rules in the first place? We didn't need to have that Charizard vs. Articuno match at all.
    Geez. Some people just love to complain -_- We got a awesome battle. How many times do you see one of Ash's Pokemons beating a legenday??? And yet, instead of being sattified by getting such an awesome battle, some people just whine about Charizard stealing all the glory _-_

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Where have you been? People ALWAYS complain about Pikachu hogging the glory :/
    I mean, I have never seen any of the Charizard flamers complain about Pikachu. So I guess they must be all Pikachu fans who can't stand Ash winning battle with any Pokémon besides Pikachu, and also hate non-cute Pokémons _-_

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    C&Ped from Bulbagarden:

The Seismic Toss thing wasn't "retarded" or a "rookie mistake". Dusclops had been in a solid state the whole time for one thing, so it hadn't even demonstrated an ability to go transparent yet, and for another, Ash has never even used a Fighting attack against a Ghost type before.
    You're right. But if you want to become a Pokémon Master, you should study a lot about Pokémon, their weaknesses and ressistances. So I still blame Ash for making that mistake.

i hate Pikachu winning all the good battles

Now Officer Jenny has a new voice, again.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

it kinda seems like team rocket knew they were on tv because they stole pikachu and they knew they were in the 9th season

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast