Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Gathering the Gang of Four! (465)

My three points...

1. TR broke the fourth wall! Yay!!!

2. Charizard got pawned... Not yay, but still, really creative, writers.

3. COME ON GUYS, YOU SERIOUSLY DIDN'T KNOW SCOTT OWNED THE FREAKIN BATTLE FRONTIER?!

Final verdict: Very good episode. Can't wait till next week!!! 10/10

This episode was a descent reunion. Nice and cheesy! Just the way I like it.

Seeing all of the Kanto starters was pretty cool! Brock was pretty crack up, since he wouldn't give up on trying to get Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny to be his, pretty funny! And Charizard owning Ash in the face, well worth it!

The walking through the mountain thing was a little...diffrent. But seeing Brandon was cool, but when he happened to want to have a four on four battle was a little on the coincidence don't you think? Funny how all of Ash's Pokémon tried taking each other down! Would have been nice to see who would have won. It was a great thing to see Charizard having a new move in its arsenal, its about time it had Steel Wing.

The good cheesy moment when Ash tried talking to his Pokémon and his Pokémon pretending like they understand him was a good in site for the people that haven't seen the original series.

I liked the scene were Ash and Scott had that little talk about the Frontier Brains, it was pretty cool! And then Scott telling Ash that he was the owner of the Frontier was really cool! Max saying that smart*** comment to Scott about the suit thing was funny but then May came along and put him in his place, which was good!

This episode had a good half way through episode battle with Dusclops and Charizard going at it with each other. I don't understand how Ash went up to the mountain to learn to be a better trainer but still never learned that Steel wing was his downfall in that battle! Even though there are those random explosions, it was an OK excuse to say that they were both powerful. But back to Ash being a stupid trainer, He learned what Mean Look does in the Johto series, yet he still tried to get his Charizard back to his Pokeball. And then to make it worse, he comes along trying to do a really good combo with the Steel Wing/Seismic Toss (Which was a good combo) and still fails to beat that Dusclops, oh well... his loss!

It was great to see through Charizards eyes and have Ash and Charizard "Become one" And Charizard stop being confused was good.

9/10 Good luck Ash!
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Jessie: We've been at it for 9 whole seasons!
    Ash: Hey, you're Team Rocket!
    Meowth: Yeah, and we will be 'true season 10!

Couldn't help grinning at that.

Ah, what can I say that you guys haven't; wonky animation but good story, nice VA work all around, Ash losing his trump card in round one. Plenty of stuff to think about. It really is the gang of 4; the last 4 eps of Advanced Generation, and I think it's done alright.

I haven't watched the dub episode yet(It's waiting in my DVR), But I've seen the japanese version.
    I just have one question, Did TR use "Ramen" in the episode or did they switch it to "noodles" or something like that?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I don't see what the big deal is about TR breaking the fourth wall.

At least the broke it with a good line though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow, i loved this episode. It was great to see Ash's Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard again. Too bad for Charizard that he loses to Dusclops. I looking forward for the next episode.

Also the new voice of Jenny was the same voice as that of Cassidy from The Ole Berate & Switch...

This was a great episode. It was nice to see Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle again. It really brung back memories from 1998-1999 and also memories from the Johto League. The only thing I didn't like about this episode were the artists. They had terrible art work in this episode, especially the beginning of the episode.

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

How did Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur sound during this ep?

Charizard had the same voice as always, the Japanese one.

Squirtle and Bulba sounded about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    True but this should had been his Houen team's time to shine. We got enough of the Kanto three in season 1, 2, early 3, and late 3. It would had been more preferable to see Jukain, Heigani and Cortoise bounce back after all suffering losses by Jindai and Joi.

Exactly, over half is enough.

Considering it makes physical contact with the Pokemon, and the fact that he's used it in almost every battle Lizardon has been in, I would think he'd know how it works.

I suppose that loss was what we call, a "plot contravance" battle. where Satoshi conveinently forgets how a move, Pokemon or technique works. It's a common practice done by the writers when they can't come up with a creative way for him to lose a fight.
    I'm still surprised that not a lot of people have the same view about the starters as you.

Yeah, I something get a weird feeling in my stomache when the writers make Ash STUPID when it comes to pokémon basics.

I Loved This So Much The Best Ever Episode Of Bf!
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I haven't watched the dub episode yet(It's waiting in my DVR), But I've seen the japanese version.
    I just have one question, Did TR use "Ramen" in the episode or did they switch it to "noodles" or something like that?
    they sadly called them noodles, but they didn't paint over them or anything, so it's not all bad.

oh it's now offical, PUSA has awsome vocal songs. did anyone else like that vocal song they chose during the flashback scene? i realy thought they gave us another great vocal song, just like the one in sweet baby james (although it was kind of hard to hear while Ash was talking) this settles it, PUSA has better vocal song choices then 4kids by far (i'll bet if it was 4kids, they would have used that "together forever" song from the 2BA master soundtrack, and mess with the scenes) and almost (but not quite) as good as the japanese song choices. good job PUSA keep it up. or better yet, just give us english vocals of the japanese songs in the future!

I don't see why people are complaing about Ash using Seismic Toss...it was a good idea at the time since Dusclops was clipped onto Charizard's wing. If you just use the move and not look into its details, Seismic Toss really doesn't come to your mind as a Fighting Type attack...espescially the way Charizard uses it.

I liked seeing the Kanto trio again and how they handled them. The flashback was nice although some of it was...off. The vocal song was very nice and fit very well but did anyone actually understand any of the words to it?

I was kinda surprised that Ash didn't tell Charizard to pull up when Dusclops disappeared. Surely Char can handle evasive maneuvers. It's not like he was only a foot off the ground or something. If all that valley did was teach him to power up flamethrower and give him steel wing, I would be really depressed. Ash can be a great improvisational fighter ... when the writers allow him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    True but this should had been his Houen team's time to shine. We got enough of the Kanto three in season 1, 2, early 3, and late 3. It would had been more preferable to see Jukain, Heigani and Cortoise bounce back after all suffering losses by Jindai and Joi.
    Many of the "AG team fans" were annoying around the time the episode was coming, never shutting up about "precious" Sceptile(no one ever brought up the team and if they did they were full of it, it was only Sceptile they cared about) getting vengence on Regirock and thinking it would give him some kind of holy greatness and allow him to surpass a certain other pokemon, (Yamato-san even admitted it to me) but as soon as the Kanto triad was announced to come back everyone changed thier tune and didn't want Ash to fight the regi's anymore.

I'm glad they did come back cause it shut everyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
    I liked seeing the Kanto trio again and how they handled them. The flashback was nice although some of it was...off. The vocal song was very nice and fit very well but did anyone actually understand any of the words to it?
    Yes for it is always nice to see pain inflicted on Ash, that's one of the reasons Neatoru is growing on me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ImJessieTR
    I was kinda surprised that Ash didn't tell Charizard to pull up when Dusclops disappeared. Surely Char can handle evasive maneuvers. It's not like he was only a foot off the ground or something.
    It's called being shocked, it happens sometimes and the hesitation caused hurts in the end for whoever it is.

Overall i'm actually happy Charizard did lose, cause it shows he still has areas to improve , after all seeing him come back and only winning all the time would get stale, though once again he wasn't owned.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 20th February 2007 at 5:51 AM.

Sorry for getting tired of a dude who has fought the final battle of two Leagues, helped win a couple of gyms, beat a ledgendary, and has appeared randomly from the sky just to save Ash and appeal the fans 0.o

Besides, Sceptile > Charizard, design wise. Sceptile just has a neater way of battling then ol' Charrie.

This was a pretty good episode. It was awesome seeing Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard again, and of course I loved seeing Charizard flamethrower Ash in the face again (at least it's been funny since after his jerk period ended). Seeing May's Squirtle and Ash's Squirtle meet for the first time was just plain cute. The new voice on Bulbasaur was okay. It was also awesome seeing Charizard use another new attack. Too bad the episode had to end on such a bad note with Charizard losing, but least I know how this rematch with Brandon turns out. It was also nice seeing all the flashbacks to previous episodes too.

It was also interesting to see the twerps' reaction to learning that Scott is the owner of the Battle Frontier. I loved when Max asks if he's supposed to wear a suit and tie, and May says the owner can wear whatever he wants. LOL I also loved when Brock tells Officer Jenny that she's stolen his heart and he's making a citizen's arrest for larceny. I also did a double take when Team Rocket broke the fourth wall once again by saying they've been at this for nine seasons and will be around for season 10 yet. Gotta love those moments.

Overall, 8/10. Next week's episode should be AWESOME.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Good episode! The moment i saw charizard use flamethrower and squirtle use watergun on the metal, i knew what ash was up to!

Charizard looked a bit weired at the begining, but he looked great twards the end. I thought it was cool how he stepped up and used steel wing to get the berrys, and it was very sad when he lost to Dusclops. It was pretty funny how Charizard started this huge fight between everyone. ^-^
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

A pretty good episode IMO.

Some points:

- TR breaking the fourth with the following quote:

Jessie and James: After 9 seasons we finally caught Pikachu!
    Ash: It's Team Rocket.
    Meowth: And we'll still be in season 10.

- The animators doing a poor job on Charizard's face.
    - Charizard being beat by a Dusclops.
    - Team Rocket's balloon made of lead(lol, how can that even float)
    - Charizard knowing Steel Wing(Overheat would have been much more effective against Dusclops. Nice job...)
    - Great VA work.
    - Technically, it should be Gathering the gang of three, because Pikachu is always with Ash, so he's already "gathered".

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    I found that pretty interesting when I heard that. But for the most part, this was an okay episode. TRACEY WAS MENTIONED! Got to see Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard in action again. TRACEY WAS MENTIONED! And the first part of Brandon and Ash's battle was so cool (Charizard vs. Dusclops). And did I mention that they MENTIONED TRACEY!

One thing that drove me nuts (and it did in the Japanese version of course) was in the flashback of Ash's with Charizard, they showed Charizard fighting Articuno and Ash was wearing his OLD outfit. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ash in his AG outfit in that one?

Well, that's about it.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

It was good to see the original gang back together again, and if I was Ash I would have saved Charizard for later.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Team Rocket broke the fourth wall AGAIN.
    They are this close to having a thread entitled:Instances where Team Rocket break the fourth wall

Where can I find a website containing every 4th wall breaking instance?
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

This ep was a loving reunion.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

Am I the only one who noticed that for the first, and hopefull last, time Bulbasaur stands on his hind legs. It was like they were completely new Pokemon, not the one's Ash trained. I doubt Bulbasaur would be "excited" to see anyone except Squirtle because those two were the only one's who were really good friends.

My team.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast