Thread: Pettleburg Festival ~ Contestshipping / slight Drew/Saori

Hey, here is my second Contestshipping fic. It is set in May's PoV and Pettleburg City is hosting this years Grand Festival. May/Drew obviously but htere is also slight Drew/Saori in it.

Ages:
    May - fifteen
    Drew - sixteen
    Ash - sixteen
    Max - twelve
    Brock - who cares

Chapter 1

‘I cannot believe that they have picked Pettleburg City to host this year’s Grand Festival,’ I beam happily, ‘I had completely forgotten they had built that new stadium.’

‘Yeah, and now you will have free accommodation,’ said Ash, ‘well, we will. You still have to stay at that co-ordinator’s hotel thing don’t you?’

‘Yes, but no worries, at last year’s Grand Festival the dormitories were superb,’ I say tapping my hands on the table, with Beautifly hovering at my side.

‘Well, we are almost there May,’ says Brock, looking out of the train window.

I squeal in excitement and open up my ribbon box for the third time in a row to gaze at the beautiful prizes. I close my eyes before popping the box into my waist bag along with my five other Pokéballs.

‘I cannot wait, I can just dream of holding that beautiful Ribbon Cup,’ I say dreamily.

‘Well May, that will stay a dream,’ I hear a voice to my left.

I look to see Drew, another co-ordinator with dark green eyes, emerald hair and an impressive height (rather different to the last time I saw him).

‘Well, I think you will be unpleasantly surprised when I prove you wrong Drew,’ I say closing my eyes and smiling.

‘Ah well May, seeing as you have only ever come as close as me in one Contest or Festival, I can safely say that it will be me that will win the Grand Festival.’

‘Oh yeah?! Well for your information, I have a new Pokémon!’

I grab a ball from my waist bag and throw it on the floor next to Drew and my beautiful Umbreon springs out.

‘Hmm, I admire you for that, you must have trained that Eevee pretty hard for it to evolve into an Umbreon,’ says Drew flicking his hair.

‘Wow, thanks Drew,’ I say blushing slightly.

‘However, I think you will find it is no match for the new Pokémon that I have acquired, it isn’t an evolved one, a completely new one,’ says Drew, taking a Pokéball from his jacket and spinning it on one finger.

‘Let me see then,’ I persist but Drew shakes his head and smirks.

‘Not until we get off the train, see you then May,’ he says and walks away.

‘Great, we have to put up with him again,’ grunts Ash folding his arms.

‘Pika,’ says Pikachu in a dark tone.

‘Oh, I can’t wait to see what new Pokémon he has,’ I say gazing past the compartment door he went through.

‘I bet it’s weak,’ mutters Ash, ‘just like him.’

‘What’s got into you?’ I ask frowning.

‘Nothing, I am just not mad on Drew,’ says Ash.

‘Why? Last time you saw each other…oh that’s right. He beat you…again,’ I say quietly.

‘It is not just because he beat me, I just don’t like his attitude, he thinks he is better than everyone else. He didn’t even acknowledge us just,’ grumbles Ash.

‘Well, he was talking to me,’ I say fairly, stroking Umbreon, ‘so what is the real reason then Ash?’

‘Nothing, can we talk about something besides Drew,’ says Ash.

‘Fine, I can’t wait for the judges to see how I have trained Umbreon, and looked after it. Drew was right, it did take me ages to tame Eevee.’

‘Drew, Drew, Drew! Drew says this, Drew was right about that, he doesn’t have all the answers you know,’ explodes Ash, causing Pikachu to fall off his shoulder.

‘Right Ash, he is in the same competition as me, and I am not going to be scared to mention him, so tell me why you dislike him right now!’ I say angrily.

‘It is because he thinks he is the best bloody thing in the world. He thinks he is great because of all the girls he has, he even made a jeer to me about Misty liking him-’

‘Misty likes him?’ I say quietly.

‘Ah the secret is out now,’ shouts Max, ‘Ash is mad at Drew because he thinks Misty likes him. Aw, Ash is jealous.’

‘Shut up, it is not, it just annoys me how cocky he is,’ snaps Ash.

‘Sure Ash, sure,’ says Brock grinning.

I stay silent, not sure what to say. I jump when I fell the train brakes, and suddenly realise that we are here. A rising excitement fills my heart as I jump up to get off the train. I suddenly remember mine and Drew’s arrangement. I look around and see him getting out of another carriage.

‘Drew,’ I call, and he starts to walk over.

‘Oh right, you want to see my Pokémon, right?’ he says in a bored voice.

‘Yes, of course,’ I say happily.

‘Fine,’ he says, throwing a Pokéball into the air and a large white light fills my eyes before they can focus on the Pokémon.

I look at it and gasp. Ash and Brock walk to my either size and make noises of shock as well.

‘Is- is that a-’ I stutter.

‘Suicine? Yes it is,’ says Drew, closing his eyes and smirking, ‘a little more impressive than your Umbreon, isn’t she.’

He entwines his hand in the creatures glossy fur.

‘But I thought Suicine was just a myth,’ gasps Ash.

‘Of course that is what people thought, until I managed to catch one, believe me it was hard,’ says Drew, flicking his hair to one side.

‘How?’ I breathe.

‘Ah well May,’ he says, and beckons me closer and then says to the others, ‘I think May should be the only one to hear this.’

Ash looks absolutely infuriated and Brock and Max step back obediently, and eventually Ash does the same. Drew pulls me a little further away and then whispers to me:
    ‘Do you know what a Clear Bell is?’

‘No, and Drew why can’t the others hear this,’ I ask glancing behind me.

‘I don’t trust them, plus you may have to face my Suicine, it is only fair that you know where I got it from,’ says Drew.

‘Oh ok, you said about the Clear Bell, what’s that?’ I ask in barely a whisper.

He puts his hand in his jacket pocket and pulls something out in a little red box. He pulls me closer and opens the box, careful to make sure no one else can see. A tiny, clear bell is inside the box. It looks as though it is made out of Diamond. I gasp and Drew smiles and then closes the box and puts it back in his pocket.

‘It is beautiful,’ I say in amazement, ‘but what has that got to do with Suicine?’

‘Well, firstly I had to find the clear bell. I got it off a very old man in this huge, half burnt down building in Jhoto. He told me that if I took it to the Tin Tower in Ecruteak City, then it would summon Suicine,’ he whispers glancing behind me, obviously checking that Ash, Brock and Max aren’t listening.

‘Then why didn’t this old man tried to catch Suicine for himself,’ I ask.

‘He tried, when he was younger, but he said when he saw me fight this trainer outside the burnt building he thought I had the skill to catch Suicine. He just made a request that if I did catch it, I would take it to him so he could look at it once more. So I went, fought and managed to catch her,’ says Drew proudly.

‘Wow Drew, that is amazing,’ I whisper looking into his green eyes in awe.

‘May…Drew, oh my God,’ I hear a dramatic shriek next to us.

I look to see Wakana looking at me with a long of shock and horror on her face. I suddenly realise that Drew is still holding my arm and step back from him hastily. Drew smirks and returns Suicine back into its Pokéball. I remember Wakana, she was at a Contest last year. She is one of Drew’s fans, and has the biggest crush on him I have never known possible. No wonder she was horrified when she saw us.

‘Hi Wakana, are you here for the Grand Festival too?’ I ask quickly trying to make conversation.

‘Yes I am. Since when have you two been a couple,’ says Wakana in a high voice.

‘We are not a couple,’ I say loudly, causing Beautifly to jump.

‘Well, I must be off, see you at the Festival May,’ says Drew smirking and closing his eyes.

He walks away and Wakana blushes when he glances at her.

‘So I guess you are still obsessed with Drew then?’ I say sighing.

‘Yeah, he is great! So what were you talking to him about?’ asks Wakana.

‘Just about his Suicine, didn’t you see it?’

‘He has a Suicine, wow, he is even more brilliant than I thought he was,’ screeches Wakana.

‘I cannot believe you didn’t even notice Suicine, she was standing right next to Drew.’ I hesitate and then say, ‘what made you think we were a couple?’

‘Just the way you were standing and looking at each other,’ mutters Wakana.

‘Is it okay if we move now,’ I hear an angry yell form behind me and remember Ash and the others.

‘Oh right, yeah of course Ash. There is no need to be mad about it,’ I say getting annoyed.

‘Well it is my point made isn’t it May, he just completely excludes us and talks to you, but we can count on you, so how did he catch it?’ asks Ash smiling.

‘Ash, I can’t tell you. Drew told me is secret, it isn’t really a big deal anyway,’ I mumble, not liking the look of where this is heading.

‘Well if it isn’t a big deal then just tell us,’ says Ash his smile vanishing.

‘No it isn’t a big deal how he caught it, but it would be a big deal if I broke Drew’s trust and told you,’ I say sternly.

‘Bye May, I am going,’ says Wakana, waving.

I nod at her and turn away from Ash and tell the group that I better head for the dormitories too and to say hello to my Mom for me.

‘Bye May,’ Max and Brock say and Ash just nods at me, and they walk in the opposite direction towards my house, whereas I go towards the stadium where the co-ordinators accommodation is.

I sigh and trudge along with Beautifly flying next to me. I look at the various trainers who are either walking in the same direction or otherwise have stopped to train. None of their Pokémon look as impressive or as well trained as my own I have to say. It seems that maybe Drew will be the only person who may be a threat in this Festival. I approach the Coordinator’s hotel and walk up to the reception desk.
    ‘Hello,’ says the lady behind the desk brightly. She has very light pink hair and a black blazer on, ‘may I see your Contest pass and ribbons please.’

‘Here you go,’ I say smiling and hand her my Contest pass and my ribbon case.

‘Hello May, I see you are from right here in Pettleburg city! Everything is in order. Here is your room card, let the staff know if you need anything,’ she says closing her eyes and smiling.

‘Thank you,’ I say, and turn to walk away, when I bump straight into someone.

I look up to see a boy at about seventeen years of age, with very dark blue hair, that is under an equally dark blue bandanna similar to mine. He is wearing greyish jeans with white trainers, and a blue T-shirt that hangs un-tucked to the middle of his thighs.

‘Oh, I’m so sorry,’ I say quickly.

‘No problem, so are you a Co-ordinator?’ he asks chattily.

‘Yes I am,’ I say smiling, ‘I am guessing you are going to be entering the Grand Festival too.’

‘Yes, I’m Dave by the way.’

‘Oh, I’m May, nice to meet you.’

‘So are there any other coordinators here that you know?’ he asks.

‘Yes, I know a guy called Drew, I saw him a little while ago.’

Dave’s eyes narrowed.

‘Drew with the Roselia?’

‘Yes, why do you know him?’ I ask, a little confused.

‘Oh…he beat me in my second contest. I won’t lose to him again this time,’ grumbled Dave.

‘Wow, I know how you feel. Drew beat me pretty badly in my very first contest, and I haven’t yet managed to beat him. This year will be different though. Are you friends with him?’

‘No!’ says Dave quickly, ‘it isn’t just because he beat me, I don’t like his attitude. Oh, and he took my girlfriend away from me.’

May’s heart skipped a beat at those words.

‘What?’

‘My girlfriend, Saori. It was quite a while ago, but I’ll never forget it. I wasn’t a coordinator at the time, but I accompanied Saori to one of her contests and she was up against this new guy called Drew. Anyway, she beat him and he cried, what a wimp, and she said she was going to comfort him. When I went to look for her, they had kissed,’ says Dave bitterly.

I just stand there, staring at him. All the breath has been sucked out of my lungs, and I can feel my heart pounding into my chest.

‘Are you okay?’ he asks.

‘Yes…I’m fine,’ I say quickly, ‘I have to go, see you in the contest Dave.’

I hurry away and return Beautifly. My expression is blank and I don’t feel as though I can speak. Drew and…Saori…I can’t believe it.

‘Hey May!’ I hear a voice shout.

I sigh and turn around. It’s him. The guy who I least want to see.
    ‘What’s the matter with you?’ asks Drew as he walks over to me, Roselia walking next to him.

‘Nothing, okay!’ I snap.

‘Woah, there is obviously something wrong.’

‘I said nothing, just leave me alone Drew!’ I shout and storm away.

I am NOT jealous, I think angrily. I just cannot believe that Drew would kiss her. She is so much older than him, it wasn’t right. At least not in my eyes, anyway.

I glance over my shoulder. Drew is watching me go with a very confused look on his face. I feel guilty, because all-in-all he has been very nice to me, but the image of him and Saori kissing keeps playing in my head. I blink away tears and finally reach the dormitories. I am not crying because I am jealous…I am just upset that they never told me. I sigh and drop my bag onto the desk and sit on the bed. I was so happy about being in the Festival…now I want to be anywhere but here.

Well. I hope you like it. Please comment, and if you are going to critisise at least use constructive citisism, as I am sensitive.

~CuteDrew667~
    x

Updated PM list:

~Haruka Kinomiya~
    ~flygonrulz~
    ~waterfallRose~
    Today 5:15 AM
    ~ContestChampion~
    ~lara lynx~
    Last edited by Kiori; 10th September 2006 at 11:22 PM.

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

hehehe that was nice I liked it
    but I found odd that Drew and Saori kissed, May was right he IS younger, a lot younger ~_~

0_o ...I know I say this all the time but...OMGOMGOMG!!! This is another great fic!!! Keep it up, you've got me hooked...again!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteDrew667 View Post
    Ages:
    May - fifteen
    Drew - sixteen
    Ash - sixteen
    Max - twelve
    Brock - who cares
    Maybe I care...

Anyway, I can't wait for another chapter, I'm not a gossipshipper, but the kiss between Drew and Saori must have a pretty good thing to do with this fic, am I right? Oh, if you have a pm list, may I be on it?
    "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." -Alaska Young (Looking For Alaska)

Contestshipping
    <3
    Andrew James Vivelo
    eleven.six.oheight

wow! i finally got comments.
    Thank you all SO much!

hehehe that was nice I liked it
    but I found odd that Drew and Saori kissed, May was right he IS younger, a lot younger ~_~
    hehehehehehe, I know. Don't worry, more will be explained.

0_o ...I know I say this all the time but...OMGOMGOMG!!! This is another great fic!!! Keep it up, you've got me hooked...again!
    lol, your mad comments never cease to flatter and also ammuse me lol.

Maybe I care...

Anyway, I can't wait for another chapter, I'm not a gossipshipper, but the kiss between Drew and Saori must have a pretty good thing to do with this fic, am I right? Oh, if you have a pm list, may I be on it?
    LOL. oh sorry, i didn't realise anyone would care about Brock's age.
    Thankies so much! I didn't really think I would ahve a PM list but of course I will start one just for you lol.

My EXTREMELY LONG PM list:

~Haruka Kinomiya~

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

OMG! Drew caught a suicune??
    Anyways, I like it!!!!
    Can't wait for next Chapter

May I be on your "EXTREMELY LONG" PM list?

-gasps- Shuu? Saori? KISSING? woah! SAOTI SATY AWAY FROM A DREW! MISTY YOU TOO!

so... can I be on the PM list?

Look at all the EGGS!!!! I like eggs.... and contestshipping..... and pokeshipping!
    Advancedshipping will not suceed in it's mission!

Awwww its cute and very well written. Put me on the PM list, I wanna know how it turns out
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

*gasp* it's another cutedrew fic! how did i not notice this? =O omg drew kissed saori?? =O very interesting...can i be on the pm list? =)
    my ikarishipping fic!! my first fic ever 3rd chapter now up =)

banner made by teh great Ed Elric Bunny click to go to the ikarishipping thread

this is great the saori/drewthing is a biot creepy but otherwise its brilliant

can i also be on Pm list (don't want to miss a thing )

Wouldnt it be nice to let me live?

wow, i never thought I would get so many replies for this fic, i was planning on it just being a practice one. but okay, i will finish it. here is my new pm list:

~Haruka Kinomiya~
    ~waterfallRose~
    ~ContestChampion~
    ~lara lynx~
    ~SweetxAurora~
    ~Latias Fan~

thank you all so much. I know people think the Drew/Saori thing was a bit..........ew.........but i used it to enhance contestshipping as chu will see

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Before I lose all control of my giggling from the cuteness and fluffyness. May I please be on the PM list?

Supporter of alot of ships: Ikarishipping, Contestshipping, Rangershipping, Hoennshipping, and Pokeshipping.

all, cute. ^^ I love it great job.
    PM list for Jaded Envy
    -MayfanXD
    -May09
    -L0v3 is Evol

Advanceshipping <3 ^^ + Announcement: Spoilers are now up! Link for list is under banner as Jaded Envy Page
        Spoiler:- [tiny]chapter four: