View Poll Results: Are you too old for Pokemon D/P

Voters
1153. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm never too old to enjoy Pokemon games!

626 54.29%
  • I'm old enough not to want people to know I play

307 26.63%
  • I think I am getting there

54 4.68%
  • Yes, I've outgrown Pokemon

17 1.47%
  • Im too old for the anime and TCG but not the games!

149 12.92%
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: are you getting too old for pokemon diamond/pearl?

I'm 30 and I'm really looking forward to D/P.
    Trainer Name: Brennica
    3DS Friend Code: 3067 - 6449 - 6265
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Meditite; Throh; Tyrogue

I've already decided that D/P will be my last pokemon game. I'm turning 16 in late december, and I can't fully enjoy the pokemon games as much as I used to, or the anime. My friends stopped playing years ago, so D/P will be my last pokemon adventure.

But no one knows for sure, things may change later... but for now that is my decision.
    !

I am 17 and still love the game, i have stoped watching the anime but i will always be a fan of the games. I dont tell my friends, but i still dont think its a kiddy game. Its a game of strategy.
    Salamence, keep fighting strong!

Trainer's cards

I'm almost 25, and a college graduate. If I'm not too old to be a pokemon fan, noone is.

I was a little embarassed when I started in college about playing Ruby/Sapphire untill I found out several people I knew did too. After that I realized 1) More people than you think are pokemon fans. Being 10 years old at this point the fan base is getting older and 2) if you enjoy something do not let other people get to you.

I'm 21 here, and I still play the games a lot. I've stopped watching the anime, mostly because of the constantly recycled plot from episode to episode and I still play the TCG every once and a while.
    Current Playthroughs
    Pearl Team: , , , , (Scramble)
    Black 2 Team: , , , , ,

nah... im not too old and im turning 16. my loser friends out grew pokemon though and theyre such nerds
    Need Rescuing? Go here:
    credit to Shuamdom67

Thanks to Avenger of all Pokesouls for the TC

I'm 17 and I still love Pokemon. I play the games more than anything else, but I watch the anime when I can catch it, which isnt very often, but I do collect and watch the movies. I only have three manga, because theyre hard to find nowadays. Only my close friends know that I play and my best friend still does, too. I'll still be playing long after Diamond and Pearl.

16 in November.

Pokemon is the one thing that I have stuck with since seeing my friends mom play blue version one day. lol

Don't plan on giving it up anytime soon

Well, ya know i just turned 20 and i odnt see myself slowing down with pokemon anytime, and i dont see how anybody chould get too old for it, I mean its a solid RPG game, just because it has small fury animals instead of blood, guts, sex and demons, doesnt make it kiddie, hey be proud to like pokemon, and dont care about what others think
    ....I'm alive???

Well I have been picking my pokemon games up and down latley. Like about 4-6 months ago I wanted to get rid of all of my pokemon stuff. But then picked up one of my games and remembered that I still like pokemon. Im getting there but not there yet.

I'm 19 and I still love Pokemon, and I dont see that changing unless the games get bad or start to get reppetitive

why most of the people signed up for these forums is because they like pokemon. I myself dont care what age or anything. I dont care about ratings I just do what I like to do. I dont care if people go "HAHA look at that kid he still plays pokemon! HAHA" Like I care. Sooner or later those ppl will just forget about it.
    age is nothing but a number
    Exactly just a #. It doesnt affect nothing of what we like. Hey I love cartoons and I wont stop loving them even when I grow up!
    The people who make the pokemon games are adults and I bet that the majority of them like still like it.
    Trainer Cards Created By Me Marco612
    ::[Pokemon Diamond Team & Pokemon LeafGreen Team]::

Your banner was over the 46800 pixels so it was removed. Please read the signature rules.

Talking

I liked pokemon when it came out but after a couple of years every one in my school thought it was to childish so I followed suit, but recently I was playing some of my old nintendo games and I saw pokemon stadium, and after playing that I knew I still liked pokemon and since then Ive managed to make my entire Form like pokemon.

Stop liking Pokémon? I haven't made a website about it yet... I hate the animé beacuse it's so predictable. I don't bother buying cards but the pictures are nice sometimes. I'm a big fan and will be FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friends (and everyone else) know I play it too, but I just have 3 "real" friends and 2 of them like PKMN too... In Sweden, you can't like something that's not "in". Then, you'll have no friends. I'm just lucky. Blahblahblahblah....
    Pokémon fan and proud of it
    Whee ~

I'd prefer not to let my friends know that I play it. Only one of my friends knows and that's because he found my Pokemon Emerald cartridge in my room.

I'm 16 and I'm starting to feel too old for Pokemon. I know NOONE who likes it, and I haven't told anyone that I still like it. My parents think I'm too old for it aswell.. so.. I would like D/P, but I may not buy it in the end.
    My Shinies:

Currently hunting:

You're never too old for something you like! As far as I know , none of my friends like it ( and never played it ). Such things may not affect your choice of doing things you really like , like playing pokemon games.

im 17 and i have been into pokemon ever since it came out (in the states) im may not play with the cards but i play the pokemon card gb game still to this day. and i see most pokemon games as a rpg game with a lot more to do then just beat it

I dont think i'm too old. Though i used to keep quiet about it 'till i got my friend onto the TCG, then when we would talk about it, more and more people would join in the conversation, Now Pokemon is talked about from Year 9-12 at my school [i'm in year 10] People are deciding who is buying diamond, Who is buying pearl, Who is going to the MD thingo, 'should i have ... in my team or ...?' etc etc.

Saxx.

you wil never be to old for pokie's you can always like them
    × Mse Ownage ×

Was know As ;;
    Charizardblaster...

This is stupid. I have met even 40 years old people who played pokemon and they didn't hide it. Age isn't important because if I like pokemon I will play them, no matter what. Actually I'm on University, so I'm not a kid anymore but I still watch anime and I like to play games. Nobody tells me "Oh, you are so old so you shouldn't play pokemon".

seeing how this is a popular pokemon fansite, i dont think anyone will be getting tired of it for a while. i'll still like pokemon for a while, i have to keep up my admiration til i'm an adult (because im hoping to make a pokemon game myself).
    NEVER FORGIVE
    NEVER FORGET

No. Way. Certainly not. The games are DESIGNED for all ages, and I seriously love them. I enjoy lots of games, some adulty, some just fun and not too serious. I really don't think I am too old, they are fun and classic games that have picked up a kiddy reputation which really annoys me when people call my babyish for liking things like this.
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Lol I'm 16 since a few weeks and I play pokémon since I was 9 (also the tcg, but now only the games). All my friends played pokémon too. But when we were around 11/12 they all started finding pokémon childish. I continued playing and enjoying pokémon and people think there's something wrong with me but I don't care!

never to old for a good pokemon game

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast