View Poll Results: Are you too old for Pokemon D/P

Voters
1153. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm never too old to enjoy Pokemon games!

626 54.29%
  • I'm old enough not to want people to know I play

307 26.63%
  • I think I am getting there

54 4.68%
  • Yes, I've outgrown Pokemon

17 1.47%
  • Im too old for the anime and TCG but not the games!

149 12.92%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: are you getting too old for pokemon diamond/pearl?

Well, where I live it's absolutely forbidden to play pokemon if you're above eight years old. But I don't really care, I play whatever I wanna play.

You mean forbidden by law or is it just the norm?

"Why would I be too old?" is a better question =P

I sometimes feel like Im getting too old for it yeah but thats only when I get so enraptured in it that it becomes one of the main parts of my life. Otherwise its just a great aspect of my life that I dont think I'll want to grow out of
    Quote Originally Posted by Katya Ivanova View Post
    laughing at criticism probably isn't the best way to go about not being hideous
    inb4malanu

Quote Originally Posted by Wietse View Post
    You mean forbidden by law or is it just the norm?
    Apparently from two other posters, the norm. But who cares about the norm? It's people who thought outside the norm that get what they want in the end! *shot*

No, I'm not too old. Probably never will be. I'm a pack rat as well. VIVA POKEMON!
    The Red Blimp: Pokemon, EarthBound, and Paper Mario in one neat package. Se habla espańol.

people would think i'm weird but if they found out i'll be like so??? but it doesn't matter

'Too old for Pokemon'?! What?! *gasps and faints* Your never too old for something as cool as Pokemon! I'm 14 and I wear my Pikachu keychains on my backpack proudly in my highschool. I beat all the games and found cheats the old fashion way in them (mwahaha!). My family calls me dumb for liking the show and collecting the cards, but, phff! Who cares? They don't use correct English and can't spell to save their lives, but that's their problem, not mine and I don't tease them about it. Same for the rest of you who get pressured into getting rid of your Pokemon obsession by your friends or family. Don't worry about what they say, you like it if you want! My friends still like it and collect the cards. We even have a Pokemon fan club at school, and you know what? Some upper classmen liked it too! I have been a Pokemon fan ever since it hit the States, and I don't regret it! You guys should all see my room, it is every Pokemon lover's dream!
    POKEMON 4EVER!

~my lovely twin is: XxM!styxX~beautiful banner by the talented:Skiyomi~
    I'm currently looking for a mint/near mint Umbreon card from any deck. Contact me if interested.

The main reason people think Pokemon is childish is Pikachu. They think all Pokemon consist of cute little animals that go Pi-ka-chuuuuuuuuuu.

And it's annoying. What's childish about catching different types of monsters and training them? It's basically the same as any RPG; you just use monsters to fight for you, not yourself.

I once thought that I would someday become "too old for Pokemon" When gold and silver came out and I saw tyranitar and some of the other pokemon, I realized that sure as heck wasnt gonna happen. I have to try and hide the fact that I play from some of my friends, but when one kid I know who is "cool" saw my pokemon stuff, he just asked for some help with Leafgreen. People do still enjoy pokemon, and as long as Game Freak keeps on making them good, they will for many years to come.

credit for banette chao goes to redsoxpsycho
    There would be a team up here, but I am horrible at team building. I am quite open to any suggestions, so just PM me with any ideas.

I will tradeJirachis to anyone who wants one and did not pre-order Colosseum.

Yes I am back! But of course you did not even notice I was gone, so...

well i will continue loving them for years one but none at school knows except for like my 4 good friends who also love pokemon (i'm 12)

my facebook( you can add me if you want)
    ooh look stuff i've claimed here: sum 41 and Saoirse Ronan

Yeah, im too old to let know some people know I play it... but perhaps they actually don´t care, and i´m just being too shy. Hell knows. I´m not taking any risks. Oh yeah the games are fun, but taking it as a game, not to take your pokemon in the game as actual FRIENDS! Just writing it makes me feel stupid. Thats just for people who really liked the anime, and still watch it. I hate dubs and this one is too bad for me, even in japanese.
    I´m a HUGE WWE fan. (yes, like you Pamizard)
    AND here´s my favorite list:
    Undertaker (most), HHH, Lashley, SuperCrazy, Mick Foley.
    And the ones who I hate:
    Edge/BookerT(you f*cking cheat-o´s), Great Khali, Finlay and Randy Orton.

I don't know why some people think that pokemon is "childish" I dont think Im getting to old for it but everyone else does so Im probably not gonna let the whole school know I play pokemon

I'll never be too old, but sometimes when people ask, I mention that my kids play too
    Y Friend Code: 1075-0727-1328. I offer Normal Safari - Dunsparce, Minccino, and #3 Ditto. PM if you've added so we can exchange. Currently looking for Fairy (Clefairy) and Dark. Include this in your PM and I'll add as priority. Also looking to trade for ditto with GER or other "flag" one-for-one. Second/third perfect stats are up to you.

Now available at DriveThru RPG; Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters. 154 monsters, 7 classes, new powers, feats, magic, and more. Coming Soon in Pathfinder. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Pffftt...No. I'll be 20 by the time we get the new games and still be playing as much as I do now.

My friends know that I play, and some of them do too, but I never tell girlfriends/random chicks from bars/work mates.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

I'm old enough to not ever want my friends knowing.

I don't know. It's not that it's embarrassing to enjoy the game, its the fact that people would stereotype it, etc. But oh well. It's not like I go around telling everyone anyway.

I proudly wear my Pokemon shirts.

I hide the fact that I play pokemon from everyone except one of my friends who likes pokemon as much as me. Me and him are going to get mew together on september 30th.

Crappy Banner Made By Me!!!

If anyone knows how to make good banners, could they please pm me and show me a good place to learn how to do it well?

Thanks a bunch.

I'll just say that Pokemon, childish or not, is one of the better-made games made for a Nintendo system. Considering there are other games of high quality that are considered "kiddish" (Mega Man Zero comes to mind), Pokemon really isn't that hard to play.

I'm old enough not to want people to know I play! Pokémon is awesome, but if anyone in my school that doesn't play Pokémon found out, I'd most likely wouldn't be that popular anymore ;_;

I'm 14 and still play. My friend-the top student of my school plays Pokemon and she's better than me ._.
    My friends still play, you can never fully dislike Pokemon. Pokemon will be with you forever muhahaha. And besides those who 'dislike' Pokemon just want to look cool or fit in, lets just say that true Pokemon fans will be training their Naetle after getting out of work lol. Your evil if you really hate Pokemon ._.

I'm turning 15 next month, I think there great, especially after my discovery of this site and EV training this year.

^^^Neatle naw, Pocchama's the way to go, although I am biased towards water and ice pokemon

I haven't outgrowed the games, but I do hope I will still be loving Pokémon as much as I do now when Diamond and Pearl come out. I love them now, but how do I know I will feel the same when the games come out? I live in Europe, and it usually takes a year for the games to come out in Europe. When Emerald came out in Japan, we didn't even have FR/LG yet... :/

I will probably import one from the US or Canada or something, so I can get my hands on it sooner, but even that is like 6 months away from now, right?
    Please help me by visiting my mini-city!

My favourite Pokémon is

I think it's honestly gotten to the point that it doesn't matter. If people don't like you because you play a videogame that's idiodic.

Join The C-Spriting Community!

no, I haven't outgrown Pokémon. i'm 20 now, and still love the games....I even enjoy the anime, but I'm keeping it to myself. in my eyes age shouldn;t matter, as long as you do what you like, that's all that matters. Pokémon has been given this childish image, but in my eyes it's far from childish.

also, a lot of people who pretend they don;t like (or even know anything about) Pokémon, are lying, afraid to admit it.

the opnly thing that has changed for me is that I don;t have as much time to play the games as I did when Red and Blue were released.
    In every generation there's a chosen one, she alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness...she is the Slayer.

First pokemon after obtaining the national dex: Eevee

Member of the dutch Pokémon club - Co-owner of the U.S.A. club

If you have to hide the fact that you like pokemon then you're pathetic.

-Judai

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast